PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

+8
Kimmy S.
Anima V.
Emmy A.
Cherry P.
Clara H.
Jeremiah W.
Infernando G.
ajhockeystar
12 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra - Page 24 Empty Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Dr. Proctor Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Jeremiah W. wrote:MultiQuote by pressing the MultiQuote button on all the posts you want to quote and press "Post Reply" at the bottom. Note that you have to multiquote the posts in the order you want it to be in @Doc Prok
Thanks, but if thats how it works i feel like i'd screw it up tbh so just gonna keep doing what im doing
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepherd D. Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Whew- just got on before deadline! And holy mackerel, Jeremiah has actually posted! Commenting on Jeremiah's posts, he seems really eager to get the focus shoved to Cherry! Will comment on the rest of the recent posts in a moment, but Jeremiah's instantaneous attack on Cherry strikes me as an instant scum move. May lynch Jeremiah in a moment after I give my thoughts on Dr. Proctor head #2.
Shepherd D.
Shepherd D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepherd D. Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Proctor, you are actually two different people who share a lynch. I swear. One of you uses proper grammar, the other doesn't. You both have entirely different reads. How am I possibly supposed to read you if you're two people!? Anyways, my reads on Procky are still town for now. Would like to see what this new head does as time goes on.
Shepherd D.
Shepherd D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Shepherd D. wrote:Proctor, you are actually two different people who share a lynch. I swear. One of you uses proper grammar, the other doesn't. You both have entirely different reads. How am I possibly supposed to read you if you're two people!? Anyways, my reads on Procky are still town for now. Would like to see what this new head does as time goes on.
grammar is overrated anyways Laughing
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepherd D. Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Infernando, what are you trying to do!? I mean, I regret that my other head has been reading you for inactivity Rolling Eyes (which makes no sense TBH) but if you're going to come on and neglect to even post your reads, or even read anything that's happened, either you're scum or you really need to get yourself a sub. The lack of activity is just going to hurt us, so either knock it off or sub out if you're not going to play the game.
Shepherd D.
Shepherd D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:05 pm

I gtg do dishes and take the dog out, will continue going through jeremiah's scum diagnosis (which btw is uncurable through any means aside of lynching!) when i get back (which SHOULD be before the DL).
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:07 pm

If im not back before the deadline.......... IDLE THEM FRUITS MAH BOIS, IDLE THEM FRUITS MY DAZZLING PEOPLE, IDLE THEM FRUITS MY MUSCULAR COMPADRE
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepherd D. Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Got it, Doctor Ambulance. Rolling Eyes
Shepherd D.
Shepherd D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:41 pm

Sorry, life got real busy so wasn't able to post for some time. Let's see what I can do with the limited amount of time I have. First I'm going to try to check out the other players since I havent gotten to them yet (Mainly been Caroline). Then if I have time, I think I figured out a way to explain the strategy.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Will explain the strategy into one post myself and I checked the questions that have been asked about it (starting with the main idea, execution, yade yade). Hopefully this gives a consensus to that once and for all and ends confusion.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Brb in 15-20 min and I'll start. Post should take some mins as usual. Hopefully this message makes alot of people stay online so they can read my posts. ok brb fast
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Cherry P. as Scum - They're Beginning of D1 was quite weird. They started RVSing/FoSing cause of pre-game stuff, but pre-game is pre-game, it's mostly shitpost and messing around, not sure what there is scummy about it.  
if you're gonna bring up something, at least refute the arguments i've made / explanations i've had against the point? If you don't want to do that, at minimum explain why you haven't done that.

Jeremiah W. wrote:
They seem really stressed while making some of their posts, like the lynch on Halsey (D1) saying they hope they don't have to explain it, saying that reading is hard for her, sorta implying they might not read the thread.
i hoped i didn't have to explain it because i thought it was blatantly obvious, not because i was stressed
i said reading is hard because i'm lazy (i still am). you're competing with halsey's reach there when you say it implies that I don't read the thread...

Jeremiah W. wrote:If you strip down their posts, taking out the info that is useless to us and has already been mentioned, then their posts are quite small, actually.
i don't really feel like seeing whether this is true or not, but since multiple people have said this do try and provide an actual example

Jeremiah W. wrote:I don't like how they only explained their lynch D1, only if they were asked + he doesn't convey her ideas very well, usually really confusing for me.
the former i explained why i did that, the latter is not a reason you should be scumreading someone. I had trouble reading halsey's points but I never let that impact my read on him.

Jeremiah W. wrote:Let's move onto D2, her activity dropped like, so hard. She says she'll do stuff "later", and that "later" is usually really later. She mostly just responds to things, and I don't see any signs of scumhunting. She responds to things about her, but doesn't really discuss general things.
it dropped by the end of day 1, actually. i'd say around the start of labor day, because that's when I actually started having things to do.

Jeremiah W. wrote:
She clarifys if asked. Otherwise, she won't.  
tf does this mean? why would i ever need to clarify something unless i'm asked to? I have no idea that something needs to be made more clear unless people tell me that they don't understand.

Jeremiah W. wrote:She also usually asks questions back, in a response, but not starting the question, if you know what I mean.
continuing a current discussion topic? I don't really see what's wrong with that unless you're saying that's ALL I do, which is blatantly false.
WRT restating information, that's often just due to me seeing something I want to talk about, but due to me not being able to post constantly, someone else has already noticed it / talked about something similar (but not necessarily the same thing). I always ask people who say they don't know what to post to talk about anything, even if its already been said, because their viewpoints can bring up information that wasn't already said. I also follow my own advice (or at least, I try to).

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Overall, she isn't contributing much, responds about things only about her and she has bad activity / often says she'll do stuff "later".
Overall, your argument sucks, you need to actually include evidence, and you should feel bad.

i'm kinda unsure why jeremiah is so obssessed with making bad arguments targeted at me, but this one is a lot worse than the last one
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Cherry P. wrote:
Jeremiah W. wrote:
Cherry P. as Scum - They're Beginning of D1 was quite weird. They started RVSing/FoSing cause of pre-game stuff, but pre-game is pre-game, it's mostly shitpost and messing around, not sure what there is scummy about it.  
if you're gonna bring up something, at least refute the arguments i've made / explanations i've had against the point? If you don't want to do that, at minimum explain why you haven't done that.

Jeremiah W. wrote:
They seem really stressed while making some of their posts, like the lynch on Halsey (D1) saying they hope they don't have to explain it, saying that reading is hard for her, sorta implying they might not read the thread.
i hoped i didn't have to explain it because i thought it was blatantly obvious, not because i was stressed
i said reading is hard because i'm lazy (i still am). you're competing with halsey's reach there when you say it implies that I don't read the thread...

I actually meant it could mean you don't read the thread, sorry about the weird wording.

Jeremiah W. wrote:If you strip down their posts, taking out the info that is useless to us and has already been mentioned, then their posts are quite small, actually.
i don't really feel like seeing whether this is true or not, but since multiple people have said this do try and provide an actual example

Jeremiah W. wrote:I don't like how they only explained their lynch D1, only if they were asked + he doesn't convey her ideas very well, usually really confusing for me.
the former i explained why i did that, the latter is not a reason you should be scumreading someone. I had trouble reading halsey's points but I never let that impact my read on him.

Jeremiah W. wrote:Let's move onto D2, her activity dropped like, so hard. She says she'll do stuff "later", and that "later" is usually really later. She mostly just responds to things, and I don't see any signs of scumhunting. She responds to things about her, but doesn't really discuss general things.
it dropped by the end of day 1, actually. i'd say around the start of labor day, because that's when I actually started having things to do.

and how does that made it better?

Jeremiah W. wrote:
She clarifys if asked. Otherwise, she won't.  
tf does this mean? why would i ever need to clarify something unless i'm asked to? I have no idea that something needs to be made more clear unless people tell me that they don't understand.

It means you wouldn't elaborate much normally, and you only would if you were asked to.

Jeremiah W. wrote:She also usually asks questions back, in a response, but not starting the question, if you know what I mean.
continuing a current discussion topic? I don't really see what's wrong with that unless you're saying that's ALL I do, which is blatantly false.
WRT restating information, that's often just due to me seeing something I want to talk about, but due to me not being able to post constantly, someone else has already noticed it / talked about something similar (but not necessarily the same thing). I always ask people who say they don't know what to post to talk about anything, even if its already been said, because their viewpoints can bring up information that wasn't already said. I also follow my own advice (or at least, I try to).

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Overall, she isn't contributing much, responds about things only about her and she has bad activity / often says she'll do stuff "later".
Overall, your argument sucks, you need to actually include evidence, and you should feel bad.

i'm kinda unsure why jeremiah is so obssessed with making bad arguments targeted at me, but this one is a lot worse than the last one
"obsessed" since when was I "obsessed" with making "bad arguments" targeted at you? How about you also list examples, hmm?
Alright, so this defence was pretty good, placed a pressure vote to make her post something. My memory served
me incorrectly about 7th point she quoted. Unlynch Cherry, Lynch Shepherd., this is my other scumread, reasons are in my quarter read list.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:04 pm

I have to go now, rip.
Respond to any of my points if you wish, ask me any questions / point out any flaws, I will work on responding to them during Night (presuming I don't get lynched) and post them when it's day.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepherd D. Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Lynch Jeremiah W. Scum vibes after these posts just got to my head, will explain below

Jeremiah W. wrote:Well, I sorta forgot about this and when I did remember, I haven’t had time and I DEEPLY apologise about me only making 2-5 posts relevant to the game, the activity will only be uphill from now, I promise. I’m also sorry that when I do post, it’s not of high quality, I’ve just been losing interest, in general.
Where is my partner at? Welp, I guess he’s leaving me in the dark with all his scummy posts…
Time for MY reads and thoughts on the game so far. Might seperate them into different posts, so it ain’t a big wall post that’d be hard to read.  Staying up all night to finish this in time. P-edit: I can’t work on this anymore, I’m way too tired.. I hopefully will be done before DL
Took me way too long than it should’ve, because I don’t know how to ISO, so it’s really hard. I will bold my questions, so it’s easier to refer to/read and/or the more important parts

So, reads. (in order of PL from “Alive” hider)
I’d first like to say, Emmy you asked me for my reads, but not me, so whatever. Still hope this is of use though.

Clara H as Leaning Scum - Clara’s Beginning of Day 1 was what you would expect it to be, RVS vote/comments, etc. Nothing special about that. I feel that they don’t actually want to post (same for me right now), that isn’t actively checking/reading the thread and their posts seem really forced. She only made 2 posts, and then claimed it was the end of RVS but I think that end of RVS naturally comes and doesn’t need to be announced. Some of her reads were somewhat supported by weak reasoning, but it was Day 1, so I don’t expect much from that, but she asks questions to people to gain reads + now her reads D2 are better, more supported and are overall good. Their most recent post is quite weirdly placed, since they never said what “strong reasons” there are for lynching me, and then contradicts herself by saying “haven’t looked into him as much as I should have”, but she already said there were also strong reasons to lynch me? So, what are these “strong reasons?” If she starts to shift to me, a Clara + Shepherd could become more viable. She comes off as a mediator to me, occasionally asking questions, usually states the obvious/something already stated before, which scum usually do to seem like they’re actually doing something.

Halsey N. as LockTown - If I remember correctly, he started strong by being the first person to bring up the fruit circle strategy (or sometime near the same time when Emmy did it). Constantly giving reads, scumhunting, asking questions, analysing things really well, constantly progressing town in the right direction, prodding people to speak and responding/analysing posts really quickly. Overall, definitely my biggest tr right now, doing a lot. Keep it up, kid.

Shepherd D. as Scum - Their D1 was really weird if you ask me. They unlynched their RVS vote in 20 minutes, where Doc Proc didn’t post anything, besides his RVS vote. What stood out about his RVS vote that made you UL your RVS vote? Then they didn’t say anything else. Let’s move onto Day 2. They said that they received fruit, but not sure if that helped. If you actually read the plan/thread, you would know it would help. Since, you said that you discussed sending fruit to X, but it didn’t work, not sure why, since someone else stated, they didn’t actually bolded it, but it still worked, so I still think they might’ve been discussing to kill or to fruit. They’ve tried shifting attention to other players such as Infernando and Dok Prok. He said he would “look at Kimmy later.” It’s been 12 hours. Where you at? To conclude, he’s really scummy due to him shifting attention a lot, not actually doing much, not fruiting due to prodding partner, being contradictory and not actually reading the thread. Also, I think the paragraph he said “Doesn’t seem like a paragraph is going to save me now” seemed very forced to make that post and it’s not of very good quality, so it supports the point of it being forced/pressured.

Caroline M. - Such a Dazzling Pair of Heads! One of them is dazzling! ..and the other, not really. You can easily tell she reads the thread, if not, reads it again and again. Analyses quite well, responds/asks questions a lot and responds quite quickly. It seems that this Caroline is carrying the other one. She often, over-analyses things, such as the bolded question mark, and she hasn’t given a readlist yet. She does respond/ask questions a lot, but I don’t see signs of scumhunting. Caroline, could you make a Readlist? I am absolutely dazzled by this player! Dazzling dazzlement, that has truly dazzled me, dazzled! Dazzled! Okay, I’ll stop. Neutral, might changed after RL has been posted.

Will continue, later when I wake up.

Comments/responses that are relevant to right now (probably have more, too tired to remember);

1. So people have been saying that we should keep the fruits ‘till MYLO or whatever. Is most past games, as I’ve read, AJ doesn’t allow NL. So, if it’s MYLO, and we lynch someone, what’s the point of the fruits? Scum can just kill and end the game? Plus, if they decided not to kill, LYLO would be a better situation then MYLO. Pre-mylo use is fine, if we want it to be MYLO, but personally, I prefer LYLO since better odds and more intense/easier to play. I feel that turning this into Semi-Nightless, is the best play right now, since it would mean, we would have more days to get more solid reads.
2. A flaw in our plan about circlefruiting, is that Mafia could just kill a random person if it’s pre-mylo, and one of them claim they haven’t received a fruit, and 2 people to lynch. They could easily create a “randomised” list with a scummy person before them and push them.

Okay, first off, I can believe your "being tired", that's not what gets me. The read on me could easily be OMGUS. That's not what gets me. But your townreads just don't make much sense! You need to give us real examples. And calling someone "locktown" just because they started strong, give reads and are a "good presence"? Are you desperate to spew out reads or what?

Jeremiah W. wrote:Lynch Cherry., gonna leave my vote here as Pressure, to be explained in next post. (from me anyways, hopefully my partner posts.)

And there it is. There's the pitiful attempt at a counterwagon to try and end the day without you getting lynched. Why "pressure" someone that has no lynches on them? That's not pressure, that's just desperation.

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:Jeremiah you were scumreading Halsey most of Day 1, no? Actually, you didn't even be clear in your reads, then scumread me when I started forcing people into a "yes/no" position. Feels scum to me.

Re: Which Kimmy is Which, so how did you distinguish between Kimmys to get the "SR one, TR other"? And assuming you meant you SRed some posts and TRed others, can you be more specific in which posts you disliked?

I think Emmy is Town here, that gamesolving doesn't come from scum imo. They're elaborating sufficiently and they're very clear on their reads.

Cherry's posts look a lot like Emmy's at first glance, but it's just really mostly filler if you strip down the post. They aren't really explaining stuff as it is more quoting stuff and "I feel X from Y". Also I don't think Cherry was even on at EoD1 so can you continue with what you felt about Halsey and why you decided what he said was sufficient? Even if you TR him now, we outsiders would like to hear why you felt it was correct to drop the case.

Shepherd's hot avi distracted me for a while >.> but their posts are pretty much just scum tbh. The other players have pretty much milked the case dry so I'll leave it be right now until something pings me hard.

Still feel Jeremiah > Shepherd, Jeremiah feels like a lost case at this point while Shepherd is redeemable (maybe)

It was my partner who SR'd Halsey most of D1, not me. I agree with the point, partially is why they're one of my top scumreads (along with Shepherd).

What makes you believe so harshly that we're a scumteam?

Kimmy S. wrote:re: Fruit the night before MyLo we fruit?

I still think that Going into LYLO is better than MYLO, since better chances, but then again, if we do lynch correctly in MYLO, we're not straight away into LYLO again. (which we would be if, we went into LYLO) What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Emmy A. wrote:
Jeremiah W. wrote:Well, I sorta forgot about this and when I did remember, I haven’t had time and I DEEPLY apologise about me only making 2-5 posts relevant to the game, the activity will only be uphill from now, I promise. I’m also sorry that when I do post, it’s not of high quality, I’ve just been losing interest, in general.
Where is my partner at? Welp, I guess he’s leaving me in the dark with all his scummy posts…
Time for MY reads and thoughts on the game so far. Might seperate them into different posts, so it ain’t a big wall post that’d be hard to read.  Staying up all night to finish this in time. P-edit: I can’t work on this anymore, I’m way too tired.. I hopefully will be done before DL
Took me way too long than it should’ve, because I don’t know how to ISO, so it’s really hard. I will bold my questions, so it’s easier to refer to/read and/or the more important parts

I’d first like to say, Emmy you asked me for my reads, but not me, so whatever. Still hope this is of use though.

Clara H as Leaning Scum - Clara’s Beginning of Day 1 was what you would expect it to be, RVS vote/comments, etc. Nothing special about that. I feel that they don’t actually want to post (same for me right now), that isn’t actively checking/reading the thread and their posts seem really forced. She only made 2 posts, and then claimed it was the end of RVS but I think that end of RVS naturally comes and doesn’t need to be announced. Some of her reads were somewhat supported by weak reasoning, but it was Day 1, so I don’t expect much from that, but she asks questions to people to gain reads + now her reads D2 are better, more supported and are overall good. Their most recent post is quite weirdly placed, since they never said what “strong reasons” there are for lynching me, and then contradicts herself by saying “haven’t looked into him as much as I should have”, but she already said there were also strong reasons to lynch me? So, what are these “strong reasons?” If she starts to shift to me, a Clara + Shepherd could become more viable. She comes off as a mediator to me, occasionally asking questions, usually states the obvious/something already stated before, which scum usually do to seem like they’re actually doing something.

Halsey N. as LockTown - If I remember correctly, he started strong by being the first person to bring up the fruit circle strategy (or sometime near the same time when Emmy did it). Constantly giving reads, scumhunting, asking questions, analysing things really well, constantly progressing town in the right direction, prodding people to speak and responding/analysing posts really quickly. Overall, definitely my biggest tr right now, doing a lot. Keep it up, kid.

Shepherd D. as Scum - Their D1 was really weird if you ask me. They unlynched their RVS vote in 20 minutes, where Doc Proc didn’t post anything, besides his RVS vote. What stood out about his RVS vote that made you UL your RVS vote? Then they didn’t say anything else. Let’s move onto Day 2. They said that they received fruit, but not sure if that helped. If you actually read the plan/thread, you would know it would help. Since, you said that you discussed sending fruit to X, but it didn’t work, not sure why, since someone else stated, they didn’t actually bolded it, but it still worked, so I still think they might’ve been discussing to kill or to fruit. They’ve tried shifting attention to other players such as Infernando and Dok Prok. He said he would “look at Kimmy later.” It’s been 12 hours. Where you at? To conclude, he’s really scummy due to him shifting attention a lot, not actually doing much, not fruiting due to prodding partner, being contradictory and not actually reading the thread. Also, I think the paragraph he said “Doesn’t seem like a paragraph is going to save me now” seemed very forced to make that post and it’s not of very good quality, so it supports the point of it being forced/pressured.

Caroline M. - Such a Dazzling Pair of Heads! One of them is dazzling! ..and the other, not really. You can easily tell she reads the thread, if not, reads it again and again. Analyses quite well, responds/asks questions a lot and responds quite quickly. It seems that this Caroline is carrying the other one. She often, over-analyses things, such as the bolded question mark, and she hasn’t given a readlist yet. She does respond/ask questions a lot, but I don’t see signs of scumhunting. Caroline, could you make a Readlist? I am absolutely dazzled by this player! Dazzling dazzlement, that has truly dazzled me, dazzled! Dazzled! Okay, I’ll stop. Neutral, might changed after RL has been posted.

Comments/responses that are relevant to right now (probably have more, too tired to remember);

1. So people have been saying that we should keep the fruits ‘till MYLO or whatever. Is most past games, as I’ve read, AJ doesn’t allow NL. So, if it’s MYLO, and we lynch someone, what’s the point of the fruits? Scum can just kill and end the game? Plus, if they decided not to kill, LYLO would be a better situation then MYLO. Pre-mylo use is fine, if we want it to be MYLO, but personally, I prefer LYLO since better odds and more intense/easier to play. I feel that turning this into Semi-Nightless, is the best play right now, since it would mean, we would have more days to get more solid reads.
2. A flaw in our plan about circlefruiting, is that Mafia could just kill a random person if it’s pre-mylo, and one of them claim they haven’t received a fruit, and 2 people to lynch. They could easily create a “randomised” list with a scummy person before them and push them.

So you scumread Shepherd (as Scum) and Clara as (slight scumread), and you think they are a possible scumteam. Have you looked at their recent posts though? It doesn't seem like any of their posts are forced, and the points they continue to bring up on Shepherd definitely make sense IMO. I would disagree with this read, would like some more elaboration on why you slightly scumread them.

I'd agree Hasley is town, though I wish they didn't just go AFK after their 100th post Crying or Very sad But yeah, I got really nothing more to say (I already explained why I think Hasley is town).

I'll agree with the read on Shepherd, and especially the contradictory part. Nothing more to be said either.

Seems like you townread Caroline for how she analyzes the game well (agreed), but then you mock her and have a final verdict of neutral, possibly due to the fact you think that her over use of "dazzling" makes her scum? It's NAI imo, and not sure why people make such a big fuss about it. Also "Neutral, might changed after RL has been posted." What do you mean by after the RL is posted?

Decent reads, though I'd like some elaboration from Clara read. Also want their thought on Cherry asap, as they are lynching them.

Re: Caroline, I think she's over-analysing a lot of things, mostly scum would do that for Town Cred imo, but other things she is doing is really good, which balances it out to Neutral imo. when I use "RL" I mean readlist.  

Elaboration on Clara read: Not sure which part you want elaboration on, but I think I know. So, I feel that most of her D1 and beginning of D2 posts seem very forced and that the post on me are very forced, since if she was scum with Shepherd, she would want to shift plur to me, since I am the counterwagon, which is why I said if she decides to switch, then that scumteam will become more viable.

Cherry P. as Scum - They're Beginning of D1 was quite weird. They started RVSing/FoSing cause of pre-game stuff, but pre-game is pre-game, it's mostly shitpost and messing around, not sure what there is scummy about it. They seem really stressed while making some of their posts, like the lynch on Halsey (D1) saying they hope they don't have to explain it, saying that reading is hard for her, sorta implying they might not read the thread. If you strip down their posts, taking out the info that is useless to us and has already been mentioned, then their posts are quite small, actually. I don't like how they only explained their lynch D1, only if they were asked + he doesn't convey her ideas very well, usually really confusing for me. Let's move onto D2, her activity dropped like, so hard. She says she'll do stuff "later", and that "later" is usually really later. She mostly just responds to things, and I don't see any signs of scumhunting. She responds to things about her, but doesn't really discuss general things. She clarifys if asked. Otherwise, she won't. She also usually asks questions back, in a response, but not starting the question, if you know what I mean. Overall, she isn't contributing much, responds about things only about her and she has bad activity / often says she'll do stuff "later".

Code:
Honestly, this isn't real reasoning. This is borderline being POE and not an actual read, trying to get us to feel hatred towards Cherry for all these "ridiculous" things. While I agree with some of these things, why is this such proof that she is scum? Inactivity/lack of post content isn't necessarily a scumtell.

Clara H. wrote:

My main problem with this whole post is it isnt coming across as actively looking for scum

Clara- So you are saying I've got good reads today but you sr me becuase I said there were strong reasons to lynch you? seems like a pretty strange omgus to me.
Its a long paragraph but its really not much when you sit down and read it. As for the strong reasons thing, I've not looked into you much, but from what I've read people are lynching you and have good reason to do it

Hasley- This has an example of not really looking for scum. You state that he was one of the first to come up with the fruit strategy, yet he posted it hours after Emmy, Anima, and Cherry did. Why do you care so little about finding scum that you cant be bothered going and checking that?

OK I guess your read on shepherd is agreeable I dont see a problem

Caroline- Im confused here. You do nothing but compliment her and then follow up with neutral read, because she hasnt made a readslist? o. k.

Readslist is posting what you've scumhunted so far about everyone, I don't get what you mean by "I'm not actively looking for scum", could you elaborate?
Caroline - I just don't see much scumhunting in her posts, it's mostly just analysing, which doesn't mean she's scumhunting, which is why I asked of a readlist from her.
In conclusion: you are blaming everything on your other head, you're desperate to get a lynch on someone else, and your reads don't make much sense. I have found the scum! Feel the power of my glimmering guns! Basketball
Shepherd D.
Shepherd D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepherd D. Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Unless Jeremiah flips town, I doubt Cherry is scum at this point. After all, seeing as most of us scumread him anyways, there's no reason for Jeremiah to try to get us to lynch his partner before the day ends, that would likely just result in a back-to-back scum lynch or at least something close to it. Will look forward to seeing this flip though.
Shepherd D.
Shepherd D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepherd D. Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Lastly, I don't like the way he immediately unlynched Cherry after she posted, almost as if he didn't even read it. That was some pretty harsh skepticism, and just because of one wallpost defense you completely drop it?
Shepherd D.
Shepherd D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:

Why are you being so reserved?

Why do you seem to be avoiding conflict?

These are both pretty much asking the same question, so I'll answer them together.  In these anon games, I've noticed that most day 1 scumreads are based on weak logic and generally the lynch outcome is based more on luck (was it a townie that slipped d1 or a scum?) as opposed to later days when more information is available and people have had ample time to get solid reads on each other.  I usually don't like to go after people unless I'm fairly sure that they are mafia, and most of the reads I get day 1 are rolls of the dice.  In terms of avoiding conflict, the only conflict that I remember seeing was Halsey v Cherry about the validity of her scumhunting, most of which involved scumreading me for pre game talk, so I haven't had much to say on the matter other than what I said in my last post.  It's just not really my style to call people out unless I see a read or idea that doesn't make logical sense.
SOOOO because you dont neccesarily scumread anyone hard for anything you are unable to apply pressure and aquire reads???? Sounds more like an excuse to be passive imo
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:

Why are you being so reserved?

Why do you seem to be avoiding conflict?

These are both pretty much asking the same question, so I'll answer them together.  In these anon games, I've noticed that most day 1 scumreads are based on weak logic and generally the lynch outcome is based more on luck (was it a townie that slipped d1 or a scum?) as opposed to later days when more information is available and people have had ample time to get solid reads on each other.  I usually don't like to go after people unless I'm fairly sure that they are mafia, and most of the reads I get day 1 are rolls of the dice.  In terms of avoiding conflict, the only conflict that I remember seeing was Halsey v Cherry about the validity of her scumhunting, most of which involved scumreading me for pre game talk, so I haven't had much to say on the matter other than what I said in my last post.  It's just not really my style to call people out unless I see a read or idea that doesn't make logical sense.
SOOOO because you dont neccesarily scumread anyone hard for anything you are unable to apply pressure and aquire reads???? Sounds more like an excuse to be passive imo
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:25 pm

rip in double post tho
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 pm

JESUS CHRIST. I AM STILL TYPING OUT THINGS. MY WORD PROCESSOR GLITCHING OUT IS NOT HELPING.

I got to a post I see from Jeremiah where he explains the Cherry scumread. Then I started skimming like no tomorrow out of panic and worry that I wouldn't be able to post before deadline.

Shepherd, what's your read on me (us?) based on both heads? Clara, what's your read right now on people who aren't Shepherd?

I need a cool posting motif now...maybe I can compliment Shepherd's gleaming guns? Or we can ALL steal "dazzling"!

I don't really get Nurse Proctor's read on Shepherd. He brings up all these things he doesn't like about Shepherd but is townreading him based on "would scum forget to bold their fruit." Since bolding wasn't necessary to begin with according to Halsey, I'm not quite getting this. [s]I'm also not fully understanding the Kimmy read, since I don't think Kimmy got a sub and I haven't been able to tell the difference between the two Kimmys.[/s] This got explained. Other than that, nothing about the reads stand out to me and the things that do (see above) are more a case of my not understanding his thought process as opposed to finding things scummy.

Praise Caroline for pasting the things regarding Halsey's reasons for scumreading Cherry. I'm seeing it as a set of reasons he scumreads Cherry in addition to the initial reaction test. It's not unlike the situation regarding a post I made directed at Jeremiah-just because I didn't reiterate all of my thoughts on him in that post doesn't mean that the only opinions I still stand by are the ones in the more recent post. It's also similar to what you mention about supplementary plans: if the plan was in fact not the most stable, it makes sense that more weight would be given to other behaviors as the day progressed. (Also I'm not getting the "blocked by the high court" thing when I click Halsey's messages, so it may be a computer thing?)

Kimmy's activity drop and the general bread-and-butter nature lessen my townread on him to the point of being neutral. I still see things in his posts that to me imply he's skimming the thread (ex. asking about how the Proctor saw a difference between the two Kimmys even though it had been explained), so imo reading a bit more in depth would be good.

Cherry P. wrote:i'm not really understanding the arguments against jeremiah; from what i can tell, people don't like how he framed his opinion of anima, and then they feel that he's too passive /overly neutral as well? Also he disappeared when attention shifted from him? please correct me if i'm wrong here.
This is the short version, yes. Less so "passive" and more "hedging" AKA being neutral in a way that lets him look like he's scumhunting without getting too deep into one push. ("Well this thing is scummy but then again it could just be town doing this one thing" or "Well I scumread this person for this thing but he doesn't HAVE to be scum"

If that was in fact the other Jeremiah posting (and I think it was on the basis that I can't see scum putting THAT much effort into a longer post in the voice of their partner AND the whole thing reading as the other hydra tonally) it's a strong post and one that I'd townread him for based on the kind of reasoning he's using. The problem is that it's offset significantly by the other Jeremiah's behavior as well as the lynch on Cherry (pending the explanation this could make sense, but right now it's a naked pressure lynch with barely any time left and scumreads on two other players). One thing I do want to remind people of is that this is a hydra and that different heads having different reads is a thing, since most of the arguments I'm seeing here are based on "But that contradicts your earlier thing!" when it's imo likely that the "earlier thing" came from the other Jeremiah (supported by the fact that this one still didn't continue our conversation from early in the day >:v).

Insert self-disagreement on Shepherd v Jeremiah. Sort of. When Shepherd discusses his townread on Jeremiah it's because he was specifically asked/prompted to do so and it's not a complete flip in reads. Shepherd's saving grace imo is the initial townread on Jeremiah, who for scum Shepherd would be one of the easier as well as one of the most likely counterwagons to push. Even now while he scumreads Jeremiah he's not going so far as to lynch him, which at certain points during the day would be a near-necessary move for scum Shepherd. It's possible that they're a scumteam I guess, but that's something that would become cleared upon a flip-if either is scum imo the other is the most likely partner. The reason I don't switch back to Jeremiah now is twofold: 1. I'm honestly hoping that this other Jeremiah head becomes more active due to what I mentioned above and 2. I didn't notice the contradiction about Shepherd that Caroline brought up. If I recall, Shepherd started asking if "Caroline" specifically recieved fruit because someone (pretty sure it was me) specifically said it was Caroline he was supposed to fruit to. But the contradiction with Shepherd saying they knew but didn't bold it doesn't make sense to me, and I want his comments on this before unlynching.

[s]I'm noticing a slight flaw in TheWhoProctor's plan. Since there are two scum, it's possible for one to kill and the other to fruit in the same night, which would thus lead to scum being "clear." Once one scum is lynched I think this plan becomes more effective.[/s] Guess what other Proc said right after I typed this.

@Cherry, I don't think there's a problem with lynching for pressure. The theory is that if they're town they assume they're playing optimally anyway and won't feel worried about how they look, while scum will end up taking such care to fix their posts that they end up looking forced or giving opinions that line up only with what they think people want to hear.

@aj is No Lynch a valid option for this theme (for situations such as mylo)?

I AM LIKE 99% SURE THIS IS SOMEHOW OUTDATED BUT I WANTED TO GET THIS POSTED BEFORE DEADLINE SO I AM NOW READING THE LAST 1 AND A HALF ISH PAGES.

SCREW YOU PROCTOR MAKING MORE POSTS FOR ME TO READ EVEN AS I HIT SEND
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Alright, so this defence was pretty good, placed a pressure vote to make her post something. My memory served
me incorrectly about 7th point she quoted. Unlynch Cherry, Lynch Shepherd., this is my other scumread, reasons are in my quarter read list.
I like Jeremiah 2 but then what is this
What do you mean "pretty good" she basically just said "your points suck"
But then the reasoning in your other paragraph for the Shepherd lynch looks sound and honestly doesn't look like a bandwagon to me but
Why are you so content with cherry's "defense"
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:40 pm

His next post: "Plurality currently isn't on her, and as of now I haven't really developed reads on many of the other players (something I will be doing shortly). Unless I get a different understanding of the situation when I read through her posts again, I haven't been satisfied by any of Cherry's explanations for why she lynched Halsey and I. I'll discuss more after going through her ISO." It still REALLY IRKS ME that he is unable to glean any reads from any of the previous discussion. The next post after this one he once again points out him not making reads and instead throwing out easy-to-ask questions (which admittedly is more scumhunting than he had done up till this point sooo kudos ig?). He also prods the 4 inactives at the time which again, was another easy thing to post do for towncred w/o actually creating reads.
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Shepherd D. wrote:Unless Jeremiah flips town, I doubt Cherry is scum at this point. After all,  seeing as most of us scumread him anyways, there's no reason for Jeremiah to try to get us to lynch his partner before the day ends, that would likely just result in a back-to-back scum lynch or at least something close to it. Will look forward to seeing this flip though.
I am confused
I am reading this as "If Jeremiah flips scum it's possible Cherry is also scum" which doesn't make any sense to me at all unless there's hardcore distancing going on
What do you mean here
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepherd D. Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 pm

Deadline is quickly approaching! Typing my response to Emmy's query now, and if it's not out by deadline me and my gleaming guns wholeheartedly apologize.
Shepherd D.
Shepherd D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next