Current date/time is Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:13 am

Search found 46 matches for Frank S.

Game 35: Vengecop

unfort
not being able to talk about ian's inspect was a big oof, not having an auto clear within keenan/tedesco/orthinol was really tough
i dont really blame keenan for lynching tedesco here though, I probably wouldve done the same
gg.
by Frank S.
on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:37 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

best of luck!
by Frank S.
on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:19 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

like the case against keenan is: he was inactive while being townread and hammered a vote where we really could've used discussion on where to put ian's inspect
the case against orthinol is: a pretty bad d2 wrt ignoring my defense of his argument, then kinda lacking an opinion after that day ended
the case against tedesco is: being wishy-washy near the start of the game, not really pursuing his argument super hard, trying to call out my oralie lynch as being scummy when it.. really wasn't. He does also hedge a decent amount in his posts - but gail did it too so /shrug
by Frank S.
on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 am
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Oralie O. wrote:
I'm sorry but Gale has the best avatar and no one can deny it. Additionally, puns. Puns are important. Due to this, I'm lynching Orthinol Q for having a very bad fashion sense (Please look at my angry avatar to show my disapproval.) Vote Orthinol Q.

quoting this to say that oralie parking a second vote on orthinol and never leaving it (keeping plur on him up until dl) makes it unlikely that they're partners, unless she just forgot about the game.

Tedesco T. wrote:
What do you mean by this? Can you explain in dumb person language

questioning like this seems like contribution but doesn't actually help at all, classic scum trying to seem town - not necessarily guaranteed to be scum, but its a common tactic.

Keenan M. wrote:Oralie has expressed no opinions this game so far


Keenan M. wrote:I'm caught up.

Why aren't we lurker lynching today?

Keenan doing this when both partners are mentioned (oralie/a lurker in jean) seems... unlikely? the second statement is pretty general, and oralie was brought up in the first so its possible its a light bus, but very very unlikely imo.

Tedesco T. wrote:

In my opinion we need to lynch someone who is active enough to at least check the posts even if they are not posting themselves. That way if they are town we can still come up with who we want to clear/expose. Lynching a complete inactive might not be the best way to go about today.

by the way tedesco, who specifically did you mean by this? or was this a general statement? it'd better not be the second one Smile

Jean A. wrote:Frank what happened to your orthinol scumread from early d3 btw?

i doubt jean brings this up if she's partners with orthinol. especially given that I later townleant him.

Keenan M. wrote:
if i crossvote scum and you/orthinol get lylo wrong, then you will be the cause for the loss of the game and nobody will be concerned with your opinions

Rolling Eyes

last scum is probably tedesco tbh, orthinol/keenan both look v townie here unless theres some wack bussing strat going on.
couldve sworn i had more quotes but w/e

Lynch Jean

someone hammer this unless ppl have more to say
by Frank S.
on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 am
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

nanny was killed because more people townread her + i was tunneling the fuck out of gail (town). reading any more into it is unnecessary / adds paranoia / is an attempted frame
by Frank S.
on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:56 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

keenan is pretty clearly the last scum in my eyes, coasting off of being universally townread and doing jack shit and then showing up now when he's actually at risk
either that or im going to rail into him postgame /shrug

i suppose i'll look back but this is looking like itll end up on orthinol's shoulders so lol

not gonna ask yall to sheep me but i will lay out my thought process at the very least (tomorrow, probs)
by Frank S.
on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

jean/keenan scumteam, hammer was clearly to stop us from picking the inspect
ian you're actually the worst lmfao jean was obviscum just from poe, inspecting any of orthinol/keenan/tedesco was better esp given i quite clearly said that those are my "three town" (i.e. with you being lynched you inspecting there is much more optimal)
cant believe we went from an almost guaranteed win to a potential loss

i'd appreciate being able to use the last of my time alive so lets not hammer this super quickly, ok?
by Frank S.
on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:42 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

keenan's entrance isnt one that comes from scum
more activity would be appreciated from him but idt anything he's said has been scummy either
tedesco is town based on the way he argues his points and from my personal interactions w/ him
orthinol scumread kinda evaporated when i realized that it could just be attributed to him being an idiot - also gail being town makes the proposed scumteam w/ him in it not possible
im fine w/ sheeping gail on ian unlynch jean, lynch ian
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:25 am
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

that inspect saves me a lot of time wrt reading back on gail
Lynch Jean

im pretty sure keenan/tedesco are town. When i last re-evaluated, orthinol seemed town to me. That leaves the scumteam as jean/ian in my eyes.
We can point to exactly who we want to be inspected now that gail is cleared, since the inspect getting killed means gail lives.
by Frank S.
on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:59 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Nanny G. wrote:I wonder what happened to Lindsay

she died, dude

i'll take a look back at gails stuff later because i want to check if my opinion is still the same upon a thorough re-read

anyone have an opinion on my townpool & whether solving the game that way is a good idea?
by Frank S.
on Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:00 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

@Jean Keenan showed up from the dead as well
unironically the entire game started posting after nanny made the callout though
@Gail again you never lynched her, and when you made your case there were zero lynches on her, so i'm not clear on what you're trying to argue there.
plurshifting onto me, which is the other option, was something kept open because a) orthinol was on me already and b) you "had another suspect" (which was assumedly me, although I could've been wrong). If there's a mislynch there, you have a valid reason behind shifting the vote at least - and even if there are associations with you three, Orthinol wouldn't be a part of that because he had his lynch on me at the start of the day.
by Frank S.
on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

"i dont mind being inspected" is wifom and im not touching that with a 10 foot pole by the way
by Frank S.
on Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:55 am
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

ricky who do you think scum are
if you had to place a vote somewhere right now where would it go

do you have any thoughts about inspecting (i.e. just randing anyone whos not seen as town by everyone and/or inspecting outside of a townpool to solve the game)

help me to help you Wink
by Frank S.
on Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:52 am
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

am i the only one who's noticed that gail hasn't actually defended herself?
she's either said
a) it doesnt make sense for orthinol and oralie to be a scumteam
b) if you lynch one of us and they inspect the other as town what do you do
c) if i am scum orthinol is scum too

orthinol... may actually just be town and bad readswise?
i'll take a look tomorrow, sorry for flaking
lynch gail
ricky really does not look like scum here, but nanny calling out lurkers and the entire game showing up is suspicious as fuck LMAO
by Frank S.
on Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:50 am
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

if you read gail town for oralie being lynched i'm going to scream at you both now and in postgame
SHE NEVER LYNCHED ORALIE EVEN THOUGH SHE SCUMREAD HER, SHE DOES NOT GET TOWNCRED FOR THAT LYNCH
entirely possible that gail decided to lightly bus oralie and then orthinol followed it up with "do you think scum will bus this game"

thats actually the gist of that scumteam existing not gonna lie LOL

I think oralie just never came online after promising to post so they couldnt shift

I can and will elaborate on this a bit later though
by Frank S.
on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:36 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Nanny G. wrote:Frank and me are autocleared. Last mafias are probably in the AFKs or they wouldve moved the lynch.  

Vote Ricky M

im not necessarily clear fwiw

orthinol/oralie/gail scumteam is possible (i'm actually thinking this is the case, although i'm iffy on orthinol) and I can elaborate on why a bit later.
im still fine with lynching outside of my townpool, it wins us the game 99% of the time i'd say
keenan needs to get his ass in here though
by Frank S.
on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:33 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Orthinol Q. wrote:I think this post is a bad look btw, in this set up you shouldn't give scum info as to who might be copped. Trying to control who is copped is also very beneficial to scum. If Frank flips scum we know at least one other scum is in the town pool he listed here though I think?

Yes, that's something I literally explained, but if it solves the game then town wins. A bit strange that you seem to be so heavily against it.

Orthinol Q. wrote:I don't have to comment on everything someone says to scum read them, nice attempt to discredit me though!

You're right. Ignoring someone's response to your arguments and continuing to blindly scumread them is not a good thing to do, though.

Gail S. wrote:I understand your point about not lynching. However, the argument would definitely hold up better if I never lynched this game. If you think I am not willing to be blamed for my lynches, why do you think I lynched Kain the last moment? That just puts me as the sole person responsible for Kain being lynched. I have explained thoroughly my thought process behind that lynch, and why I am holding my lynch for Oralie. Honestly, it is just a matter of playstyle at the moment. I could ask you the same question, why do you feel the need to push a lynch for Oralie when she hasn't come and said any defense? My lynch would not add anything.

A hesitance to lynch is not the same as not lynching whatsoever. My intent was to convey that you're doing the first one, rather than the second.
As for me lynching Oralie, you talking about her originally made me consider her, then you elaborating made me lynch her? I'm a bit unsure as to what's wrong with doing so. I haven't really pushed an oralie lynch post-her saying that she was going to respond as well.
Your lynch wouldnt necessarily add anything at this point, but not lynching in your original post is what pings me as a bit off.

Gail S. wrote:In response to this post and you claiming to say it first, I will add that I said
"Honestly, my gut says Oralie. Yes, this is controversial. But some of her posts just bug me and seems a little off. She is giving me this town mediator vibe, and her reactions to thing seem a little too neutral for my liking."
on page 4.

The points you and I brought up are completely different. I didn't say that I proposed the Oralie lynch first, I said that I provided a potential reason which you elaborated on, and I lynched her as a result.
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

orthinol on day 2 is not someone who looks like town, although he IS remaining consistent to how he behaved in previous days.
the main issue I have with him is his non response to anything I said since he lynched me.
popping in to ask about bussing and leaving is just a really weird thing to do as well.
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:06 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

townpool: frank/keenan/nanny/tedesco/santo

I think i'm right on all of these. if we only inspect in the below group, I believe we win the game?
Would like to know your guys' thoughts.

Gail S.
Ian P.
Jean A.
Oralie O.
Orthinol Q.
Ricky M.
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:05 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Tedesco T. wrote:
The fact that the game runs under plurality makes lynching all that more serious, because in plurality, its not just to indicate that you want this person lynched as of now but based on what other people do i.e removing their lynched last minute can get someone else lynched so we obviously need to be more mindful about placing lynches. From my experience, I've noticed town players are more reluctant to lynch because of this fact. Keeping that in mind, correlation doesn't equal causation but I'm just explaining why it came off a little scummy that you were quick to get attention off yourself.


Gotcha! I have a different viewpoint, admittedly. I figure that people can change their lynches around at deadline, so lynches before that don't really matter other than to reinforce that you see this person as a viable lynch option and are willing to pursue them.
The one situation where this being plurality is relevant would be if two people are tied in lynch numbers (say 3-3) and you wanted to switch to someone who had two votes. You wouldn't be able to do so successfully, since the other person with 3 votes would be lynched, but realistically in that situation if you hadn't lynched before you'd be in the same spot regardless.
Unless i've missed something, that just means that placing a vote is kinda irrelevant wrt what you're bringing up? Plurality just is a tiebreak method + way to ensure that lynches occur.

When it comes to lynches, I see that as a person being willing to express a strong viewpoint. You may have noticed i'm asking Gail a lot of questions as to why she hasn't lynched anyone, and that's because I find not doing so to be a scummy trait. Putting out reads/arguments and not following them up with a lynch seems to me like you're distancing yourself from the person if they do get lynched, and trying to not claim responsibility if it goes wrong. That's something I can see mafia doing over town.
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:02 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Tedesco T. wrote:Thank you for that Nanny, you are truly an imperative player of this game Arrow


Yeah so I'm still waiting for Frank to respond to mine/gail's post. I'm going to look more into Oralie and the reasonings behind that but other than that we'll need more people to give their thoughts to progress in the game.

quote what post you wanted me to respond to, i can't find it.
perhaps you skipped over my latest post on the previous day where i responded to you? i had a question for you in there as well.
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:43 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Santo C. wrote:As in, I want Keenan to reply to my question, so I’m lynxhing him  so he is more likely tonotice

Gotcha. Now that Nanny and I have mentioned that Keenan's entrance makes him likely town, I want to ask the previous question as to what you think of our reasoning there. I can quote it for you if needed.

Gail S. wrote:I have some replies/questions for Frank:

1) "This is what i meant by lynch options. Is there anyone you would think is a good lynch here?
Why do you think lynching in the middle of the day impedes discussion?"

Oralie is a good lynch here. Just because I prefer lynching inactive does not mean I have a specific person in mind I want to lynch, which is why I didn't lynch anyone. As for Oralie, there is no need to lynch her before she says anything to the accusations. That is because she has plurality/enough pressure. Lynching in the middle of the day does not impede discussion, but there is also no harm in not lynching the person who has plurality before hearing the defense. Also, I am considering the vote today, I have a second person I am speculating might be mafia, so I don't want to hastily lynch.

a) cool, that's fair
b) I suppose we have differing approaches, and I can understand why you'd think many lynches on a single person could lead to excess pressure & demotivation in town players.
c) don't see why that would prevent you from lynching one person. You seem to be treating each lynch as a seriously grievous offense, which is a bit weird to me admittedly.


Gail S. wrote:
2) "I would like to say that the point was being made by me originally, but Gail confirmed it & elaborated."

I would like to know what "point" you meant here. You replied this to Tedesco's posts who accused you of jumping on to Oralie too quickly. Are you saying that you thought Oralie was scummy before I posted? Because I went back to see your posts and I don't see any mentions of Oralie before I did. Please explain.

Frank S. wrote:
I am curious about the reasoning behind a potential oralie lynch @gail? I do see a potential reason stemming from how she appears to be extremely unsure in everything she says, but nothing else really pings me as suspicious.

you replied in your post confirming this statement, then elaborated on what you meant.

i'll look back to see what tedesco is talking about that i need to respond to because i must have missed it.
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:42 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Tedesco T. wrote:
Wasn't so much how quickly it was but moreso your reasoning in the post you made about lynching her kind of seemed like you wanted to lynch her to change the focus to Oralie being scummy instead of you. Since it was after Orthinol had just called u out for xyz reasons.
I understand no matter whether you're town or mafia, you don't want to be lynched but obviously mafia has more to lose so town wouldn't be as willing to place their serious lynch unless they were like absolutely positive about their scum read which you didn't really say either.

Thanks for clarifying. What i'd say to counterpoint this is that in my question to Gail, I did bring up Oralie so it was something I was considering, although not as strongly until her post.
It's unfortunate that I came on after Orthinol/Nanny posted but they wouldnt have changed my lynch - unless they argued for reasons why Gail's post didn't hold up.

I'm also a bit curious as to why a lynch is "serious" - realistically, until the end of the day a lynch just marks who you think is the most suspicious / a potential good lynch target. If unlynching didn't exist then sure.
You have mentioned that lynching Oralie is serious, so it would be nice to hear you elaborate if you mean anything other than it being a lynch based on zero reasoning.
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:26 am
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Nanny G. wrote:This is right

u wot

@oralie where u go : " (
by Frank S.
on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 am
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Game 35: Vengecop

Gail S. wrote:I've mainly mentioned Oralie in my posts, so I don't know where the lynch options came from. Also, I prefer to lynch nearer to end of day, just so that everyone have a chance to discuss and talk. There is enough pressure on Oralie already. Speaking of which... I see Oralie online.


Gail S. wrote:3) I still stand by the fact that we should lynch people that are not universally townread, including inactives.

This is what i meant by lynch options. Is there anyone you would think is a good lynch here?
Why do you think lynching in the middle of the day impedes discussion?

Tedesco T. wrote:Ok continuing, but then I read this, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way how quick Frank was to jump on the Oralie lynch. I agree that it was a good point made by Gail but I feel like jumping so quickly on the oralie lynch after being accused as scummy seems like he wants to get attention off of him and onto Oralie as quick as possible.

In my opinion, if he was town he wouldn't be as quick to lynch given the circumstances. Obviously, this depends on what Oralie actually is as well but that's just what I observed. Thoughts?

I would like to say that the point was being made by me originally, but Gail confirmed it & elaborated.

I don't really see how the speed of the lynch is relevant? I suppose I can understand thinking its a bit weird I coincidentally lynch Oralie after someone else has done it before me, but me lynching Oralie quickly isnt really something that's strange?
If you meant the former then that's fine, but if you meant the latter then i'm curious as to what your reasoning is.
by Frank S.
on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:13 pm
 
Search in: Mafia Games
Topic: Game 35: Vengecop
Replies: 349
Views: 10509

Back to top

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Jump to: