PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 35: Vengecop

+11
Nanny G.
Oralie O.
Ian P.
Tedesco T.
Frank S.
Lindsay L.
Gail S.
Santo C.
Kain R.
Orthinol Q.
ajhockeystar
15 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Game 35: Vengecop - Page 8 Empty Re: Game 35: Vengecop

Post by Ian P. Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:34 pm

I am also not entirely against an Oralie lynch.
Ian P.
Ian P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santo C. Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Unvote
Vote Keenan

Im tired of waiting for him to respond so im gonna just lynch him since hes the closest thing i have to calling a scum atm
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:39 pm

Ugh, I change the page and the post is gone. Oh well, second attempt. Here is a list of thoughts I had reading through the previous page. I may have miss some details since this is my second attempt at this and I'm gonna rush through, so tell me if you are confused.

1) Nanny included Lindsey in her read list, even thought she is dead. This is interesting to me and makes her slightly town to me. This is because I don't think mafia would pull this kind of tricks to trick town, although it is possible, just unlikely. Plus, she was inactive so it is possible that she skipped the post. This is very iffy, so the town read is very light, more towards leaning.

2) I don't have much of an opinion Orthinol, my position on him day 1 was that since he is being townread by a lot of people, it would be a shame if he were to die due to RVS votes and not being able to come online and defend himself. Furthermore, Oralie, my scumread, was lynching him so it is likely that Orthinol would not be scum over the likes of Kain.

3) I still stand by the fact that we should lynch people that are not universally townread, including inactives.

Sorry this was kinda rush cause I'm sad.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Nanny G. wrote:
Frank S. wrote:
Nanny G. wrote:Santo had the only town post in the first two page, I don't like how people gave him slack for this.

Nanny is probably town, by the way. I would like an explanation for this, though.

Typically i wouldnt answer this but for the sale of AJ, I think I remember Santo’s post sounding productive.

Why did you sheep me on Oralie if you were gonna follow up being suspicious of me
mb for the confusion, I was asking about what you meant wrt giving him slack, not why its the only town post.

i dont think i sheeped you on oralie (its more of a sheep on gail, even if she hasn't lynched oralie for... whatever reason?) and i'm not seeing where i'm suspicious of you.

gail you're mentioning a couple potential lynch options and not following it up with your vote. Why is that?
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Santo C. wrote:Unvote
Vote Keenan

Im tired of waiting for him to respond so im gonna just lynch him since hes the closest thing i have to calling a scum atm
i skipped page 7 after reading your original post but nonetheless

is the reason that you sr keenan because he asks a question that could be easily answered by looking at the setup rules?
also, what are your thoughts on my behavioral townread wrt keenan's entrance?
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Ian P. wrote:
Lindsay L. wrote:Orthinol, Kain, Keenan, Tedesco, Santo

Those are the people we have to decide between if no one else shows up I think
This might come in handy some time in the future I would say (but I'm grasping at straws at this point to be honest). We know Santo is clear - no point in that. Only downside is that I believe no AFK players were named at the time so it neglects them. I'm not good at explaining so tell me if this doesn't make sense.
I believe this was the list of people who couldve potentially been lynched with the votes of lindsay + gail. why do you think this is a good list of people to look at and/or lynch?
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Frank S. wrote:
Nanny G. wrote:
Frank S. wrote:
Nanny G. wrote:Santo had the only town post in the first two page, I don't like how people gave him slack for this.

Nanny is probably town, by the way. I would like an explanation for this, though.

Typically i wouldnt answer this but for the sale of AJ, I think I remember Santo’s post sounding productive.

Why did you sheep me on Oralie if you were gonna follow up being suspicious of me
mb for the confusion, I was asking about what you meant wrt giving him slack, not why its the only town post.

i dont think i sheeped you on oralie (its more of a sheep on gail, even if she hasn't lynched oralie for... whatever reason?) and i'm not seeing where i'm suspicious of you.

gail you're mentioning a couple potential lynch options and not following it up with your vote. Why is that?

I've mainly mentioned Oralie in my posts, so I don't know where the lynch options came from. Also, I prefer to lynch nearer to end of day, just so that everyone have a chance to discuss and talk. There is enough pressure on Oralie already. Speaking of which... I see Oralie online.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedesco T. Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:05 pm

Hello again companions!

Been a long week but I have returned and caught up
Tedesco T.
Tedesco T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedesco T. Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:06 pm

Gail S. wrote:
Frank S. wrote:lol yikes thats an unfortunate inspect
wacky nightkill too i suppose, but i guess thats just because i was the only one who was considering lindsey as scum?
the reads i haven't clarified are b/c they were based on behavioral cues, and talking about them would make the scum in the game try to avoid said cues

I am curious about the reasoning behind a potential oralie lynch @gail? I do see a potential reason stemming from how she appears to be extremely unsure in everything she says, but nothing else really pings me as suspicious.

also my original keenan townread was coined because I don't think scum ever enters the game the way he did, since its an easy way to put negative focus on him with zero positive gain

Yeah, the reason why I scumread Oralie is because she is very indecisive. She definitely engages in conversation, but she doesn't seem to conclude anything. Here are some examples:

"I think they're saying that since Santo assumed today's lynch will be town(WITHOUT knowing who is even going to be lynched, Tobasco dude thinks that Santo might have scumslipped? I'm not 100% sure but that's what I got from it."
Here she is explaining Lindsey's post but she did not provide any opinions about the actual post. In her other post in which she commented on my inspect proposal, she kinda just argued for both sides and end up confused.

"cause this is really hurting my brain right now. Going to let this bop around in my head for a bit."

Then in her last post, she is "confused" again and asked Frank a question. Then, she agreed with not having a specific lynch pool but end her post saying "still trying to put my thoughts into words".

So basically to me, it seems like she is trying to say something, but at the same time also not really saying anything. Although I have to say, after reading it through again, it did not strike me as a hard scum as the first time I read it. But anyways, this is the reasoning for my scum read on her.

SO basically when I read this the first time around and then looked at Oralie's posts I was able to understand why you say she's scummy but then
Tedesco T.
Tedesco T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedesco T. Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:07 pm

I don't know how to quote things properly sorry let me figure this out
Tedesco T.
Tedesco T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedesco T. Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Frank S. wrote:
Orthinol Q. wrote:
Frank S. wrote:well, i'll give an explanation if we lynch them and they flip town.

I don't like this post at all, waiting to give an explanation later is just a scum excuse for not giving a reasoning? It does not forward discussion at all and therefore is anti-town.
I understand and respect your thought process here. That being said, you're wrong and i'm 90% certain I stated that I didn't mention what specifically was pinging me on Lindsay because it was behavioral. If it's something general, then I don't want to reveal it because scum!Lindsay would change their behavior accordingly AND other scum would try and avoid the thing i pointed out.
If there are behavioral reads that I think won't impact the players anymore, I talk about them (i.e. Keenan).

Gail S. wrote:
Yeah, the reason why I scumread Oralie is because she is very indecisive. She definitely engages in conversation, but she doesn't seem to conclude anything. Here are some examples:

"I think they're saying that since Santo assumed today's lynch will be town(WITHOUT knowing who is even going to be lynched, Tobasco dude thinks that Santo might have scumslipped? I'm not 100% sure but that's what I got from it."
Here she is explaining Lindsey's post but she did not provide any opinions about the actual post. In her other post in which she commented on my inspect proposal, she kinda just argued for both sides and end up confused.

"cause this is really hurting my brain right now. Going to let this bop around in my head for a bit."

Then in her last post, she is "confused" again and asked Frank a question. Then, she agreed with not having a specific lynch pool but end her post saying "still trying to put my thoughts into words".

So basically to me, it seems like she is trying to say something, but at the same time also not really saying anything. Although I have to say, after reading it through again, it did not strike me as a hard scum as the first time I read it. But anyways, this is the reasoning for my scum read on her.
This is a good point that I haven't given enough weight to! I think it's a reasonable starting place as well.
Lynch Oralie

Is there anything you find suspicious about any of the other players? Do you feel as strongly about Orthinol as you did on the previous day?

Nanny G. wrote:
At first I thought the best strategy was to inspect the AFKs on death but now I don't know because say they're clear, then we have an AFK leading town.

We should probably just inspect controversial players / our own scum reads.
I don't think there's necessarily anything WRONG with inspecting an AFK player because it does effectively narrow our lynch pool - just because they're clear doesn't mean they necessarily have to lead town, it just means that we can consider their input as 100% coming from town and don't have to doubt it.
mafia might also just off them which will save the more active townies!

wrt inspecting controversial players, sure
own scum reads are definitely good targets, as long as said scum reads werent super public and obvious to track wrt kills

Ok continuing, but then I read this, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way how quick Frank was to jump on the Oralie lynch. I agree that it was a good point made by Gail but I feel like jumping so quickly on the oralie lynch after being accused as scummy seems like he wants to get attention off of him and onto Oralie as quick as possible.

In my opinion, if he was town he wouldn't be as quick to lynch given the circumstances. Obviously, this depends on what Oralie actually is as well but that's just what I observed. Thoughts?
Tedesco T.
Tedesco T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oralie O. Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 pm

HI I'M ALIVE GUYS! I had a lot of problems the past ~3 or so days getting online and not having the website completely kick me off or give me tons of popups and yeah this is a struggle but I'm going to make a post tonight I just have to actually catch up on everything and hope mobile will support this website. But yeah I'll post tonight I swear.
Oralie O.
Oralie O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:13 pm

Gail S. wrote:I've mainly mentioned Oralie in my posts, so I don't know where the lynch options came from. Also, I prefer to lynch nearer to end of day, just so that everyone have a chance to discuss and talk. There is enough pressure on Oralie already. Speaking of which... I see Oralie online.

Gail S. wrote:3) I still stand by the fact that we should lynch people that are not universally townread, including inactives.
This is what i meant by lynch options. Is there anyone you would think is a good lynch here?
Why do you think lynching in the middle of the day impedes discussion?

Tedesco T. wrote:Ok continuing, but then I read this, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way how quick Frank was to jump on the Oralie lynch. I agree that it was a good point made by Gail but I feel like jumping so quickly on the oralie lynch after being accused as scummy seems like he wants to get attention off of him and onto Oralie as quick as possible.

In my opinion, if he was town he wouldn't be as quick to lynch given the circumstances. Obviously, this depends on what Oralie actually is as well but that's just what I observed. Thoughts?
I would like to say that the point was being made by me originally, but Gail confirmed it & elaborated.

I don't really see how the speed of the lynch is relevant? I suppose I can understand thinking its a bit weird I coincidentally lynch Oralie after someone else has done it before me, but me lynching Oralie quickly isnt really something that's strange?
If you meant the former then that's fine, but if you meant the latter then i'm curious as to what your reasoning is.
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Votecount 2.2

Oralie O.(2)- Nanny G., Frank S.
Frank S.(1)- Orthinol Q.
Keenan M.(1)- Santo C.
Nanny G.(0)-
Orthinol Q.(0)-
Gail S.(0)-
Tedesco T.(0)-
Santo C.(0)-
Jean A.(0)-
Ricky M.(0)-
Ian P.(0)-
Not Voting(7)- Ian P., Jean A., Ricky M., Keenan M., Gail S., Tedesco T., Oralie O.
There are 11 alive so it takes 6 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Sunday the 3rd at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Oralie O. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanny G. Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:59 pm

This is right
Nanny G.
Nanny G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 am

Nanny G. wrote:This is right
u wot

@oralie where u go : " (
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedesco T. Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:20 am

Frank S. wrote:
Gail S. wrote:I've mainly mentioned Oralie in my posts, so I don't know where the lynch options came from. Also, I prefer to lynch nearer to end of day, just so that everyone have a chance to discuss and talk. There is enough pressure on Oralie already. Speaking of which... I see Oralie online.

Gail S. wrote:3) I still stand by the fact that we should lynch people that are not universally townread, including inactives.
This is what i meant by lynch options. Is there anyone you would think is a good lynch here?
Why do you think lynching in the middle of the day impedes discussion?

Tedesco T. wrote:Ok continuing, but then I read this, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way how quick Frank was to jump on the Oralie lynch. I agree that it was a good point made by Gail but I feel like jumping so quickly on the oralie lynch after being accused as scummy seems like he wants to get attention off of him and onto Oralie as quick as possible.

I would like to say that the point was being made by me originally, but Gail confirmed it & elaborated.

I don't really see how the speed of the lynch is relevant? I suppose I can understand thinking its a bit weird I coincidentally lynch Oralie after someone else has done it before me, but me lynching Oralie quickly isnt really something that's strange?
If you meant the former then that's fine, but if you meant the latter then i'm curious as to what your reasoning is.

Wasn't so much how quickly it was but moreso your reasoning in the post you made about lynching her kind of seemed like you wanted to lynch her to change the focus to Oralie being scummy instead of you. Since it was after Orthinol had just called u out for xyz reasons.
I understand no matter whether you're town or mafia, you don't want to be lynched but obviously mafia has more to lose so town wouldn't be as willing to place their serious lynch unless they were like absolutely positive about their scum read which you didn't really say either.
Tedesco T.
Tedesco T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:26 am

Tedesco T. wrote:
Wasn't so much how quickly it was but moreso your reasoning in the post you made about lynching her kind of seemed like you wanted to lynch her to change the focus to Oralie being scummy instead of you. Since it was after Orthinol had just called u out for xyz reasons.
I understand no matter whether you're town or mafia, you don't want to be lynched but obviously mafia has more to lose so town wouldn't be as willing to place their serious lynch unless they were like absolutely positive about their scum read which you didn't really say either.
Thanks for clarifying. What i'd say to counterpoint this is that in my question to Gail, I did bring up Oralie so it was something I was considering, although not as strongly until her post.
It's unfortunate that I came on after Orthinol/Nanny posted but they wouldnt have changed my lynch - unless they argued for reasons why Gail's post didn't hold up.

I'm also a bit curious as to why a lynch is "serious" - realistically, until the end of the day a lynch just marks who you think is the most suspicious / a potential good lynch target. If unlynching didn't exist then sure.
You have mentioned that lynching Oralie is serious, so it would be nice to hear you elaborate if you mean anything other than it being a lynch based on zero reasoning.
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthinol Q. Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:34 am

Do we think scum is bussing? In set ups this size they usually are, but its very hard to try piece a team together with this level of activity
Orthinol Q.
Orthinol Q.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santo C. Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:10 am

Orthinol Q. wrote:Do we think scum is bussing? In set ups this size they usually are, but its very hard to try piece a team together with this level of activity
What?
Where did this come from?
I’m so confused by this post
Do you have an opinion that anyone is currently 2 scum bussing atm? If not, why would you randomly ask this without responding to anything
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santo C. Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:10 am

@whoever asked about Keenan
I want him to respond
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santo C. Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:11 am

As in, I want Keenan to reply to my question, so I’m lynxhing him so he is more likely tonotice
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian P. Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:40 am

Orthinol Q. wrote:Do we think scum is bussing? In set ups this size they usually are, but its very hard to try piece a team together with this level of activity
With this level of activity I doubt scum would bus
Ian P.
Ian P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian P. Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Is anyone else currently online?
Ian P.
Ian P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 pm

I have some replies/questions for Frank:

1) "This is what i meant by lynch options. Is there anyone you would think is a good lynch here?
Why do you think lynching in the middle of the day impedes discussion?"

Oralie is a good lynch here. Just because I prefer lynching inactive does not mean I have a specific person in mind I want to lynch, which is why I didn't lynch anyone. As for Oralie, there is no need to lynch her before she says anything to the accusations. That is because she has plurality/enough pressure. Lynching in the middle of the day does not impede discussion, but there is also no harm in not lynching the person who has plurality before hearing the defense. Also, I am considering the vote today, I have a second person I am speculating might be mafia, so I don't want to hastily lynch.

2) "I would like to say that the point was being made by me originally, but Gail confirmed it & elaborated."

I would like to know what "point" you meant here. You replied this to Tedesco's posts who accused you of jumping on to Oralie too quickly. Are you saying that you thought Oralie was scummy before I posted? Because I went back to see your posts and I don't see any mentions of Oralie before I did. Please explain.

Also, on a more unrelated note, I don't think scum is bussing. Even if they are, it is more useful to discuss this once we have lynched a mafia.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next