PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 35: Vengecop

+11
Nanny G.
Oralie O.
Ian P.
Tedesco T.
Frank S.
Lindsay L.
Gail S.
Santo C.
Kain R.
Orthinol Q.
ajhockeystar
15 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Game 35: Vengecop - Page 11 Empty Re: Game 35: Vengecop

Post by Keenan M. Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:38 pm

vote ricky m
Keenan M.
Keenan M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keenan M. Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:42 pm

if this were any other game i think i insta lynch gail here but we need to trim the fat on this game
Keenan M.
Keenan M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Keenan M. wrote:if this were any other game i think i insta lynch gail here but we need to trim the fat on this game

Or Ricky... could do his thing. If he's town.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanny G. Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Jean A. wrote:Vote Ricky M.

Gonna sheep this for now.

This is a fire vote.
Nanny G.
Nanny G.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Votecount 3.1

Ricky M.(3)- Nanny G., Jean A., Keenan M.
Frank S.(0)-
Keenan M.(0)-
Nanny G.(0)-
Orthinol Q.(0)-
Gail S.(0)-
Tedesco T.(0)-
Jean A.(0)-
Ian P.(0)-
Not Voting(6)- Ian P., Ricky M., Gail S., Tedesco T., Frank S.
There are 9 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 8th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Ricky M. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky M. Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Hey fam, just subbed in and let me say that getting caught up on 10 pages of forum posts, half of which could've been wholly dismissed with minimal impact on the flow of the overall conversation, really takes me back to the golden age of invisionfree shitposting. Truly the glory days.

Anyway.

My thoughts at the moment are:
1) Literally what was the point of RVS in a setup where Town's main utility is a Venge-inspect?

and 2) If the 6 people abstaining right now were forced to lynch right now, who would you vote & why?

Help me to help you<3
Ricky M.
Ricky M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:50 am

am i the only one who's noticed that gail hasn't actually defended herself?
she's either said
a) it doesnt make sense for orthinol and oralie to be a scumteam
b) if you lynch one of us and they inspect the other as town what do you do
c) if i am scum orthinol is scum too

orthinol... may actually just be town and bad readswise?
i'll take a look tomorrow, sorry for flaking
lynch gail
ricky really does not look like scum here, but nanny calling out lurkers and the entire game showing up is suspicious as fuck LMAO
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:52 am

ricky who do you think scum are
if you had to place a vote somewhere right now where would it go

do you have any thoughts about inspecting (i.e. just randing anyone whos not seen as town by everyone and/or inspecting outside of a townpool to solve the game)

help me to help you Wink
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:55 am

"i dont mind being inspected" is wifom and im not touching that with a 10 foot pole by the way
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:28 am

I’ve explained and “defended” myself. I am not sure why you don’t think I did, I explained my situation, my rationale and gave reasonings why your theory is flawed. I also asked you a few questions which you seem to ignore entirely.

If I were scum, I have no reason to bring up Oralie and not lynch her. She had plurality, she wasn’t going to be save. If you think I waited for Orthinol to come online so that I can plurshift with him away from Oralie is one theory, but that’s just death sentence for scum since it points out the 3. So idk why you think it is so. I have explained that I never advocate for an early lynch, and I have lynched this game before.

One last thing, if you scumread me, then I don’t see why you would ever be against an inspect on me.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean A. Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:51 am

Ricky M. wrote:Hey fam, just subbed in and let me say that getting caught up on 10 pages of forum posts, half of which could've been wholly dismissed with minimal impact on the flow of the overall conversation, really takes me back to the golden age of invisionfree shitposting. Truly the glory days.

Anyway.

My thoughts at the moment are:
1) Literally what was the point of RVS in a setup where Town's main utility is a Venge-inspect?

and 2) If the 6 people abstaining right now were forced to lynch right now, who would you vote & why?

Help me to help you<3

1) So what do you propose? Ending Day 1 with nothing?

2) There's a reason it is Day 3 and there's *only* 11 pages

Frank S. wrote:am i the only one who's noticed that gail hasn't actually defended herself?
she's either said

lynch gail
ricky really does not look like scum here, but nanny calling out lurkers and the entire game showing up is suspicious as fuck LMAO

OK, but I think killing off one of the people who are actually keeping this dead game alive is kind of a bad idea, especially when we just have vengecops anyways. By "Entire Game" you literally mean me, since I subbed in, and Ricky, since he subbed in. Big Logic.
Jean A.
Jean A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean A. Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:51 am

Gail S. wrote:
Jean A. wrote:

Frank is probably Town based off the bandwagon onto Oralie, they weren't in danger then and he was the one who put them under plurality. Nanny gets a good look too, but their posts rub me the wrong way.

Orthinol is likely to be Town, Oralie didn't have to risk them getting steam when they could have vanity wagon-ed or even jumped onto Kain. Plus, I like Orthinol's content so far.

Gail's mega abstinence to vote has a similar kinda vibe to Oralie's indecisiveness, while they are active and provides conclusions and insight, their vote feels weak for being the only power townies in this theme have prior to death.

Santo is just kinda.... dead parked on Keenan.

I know this site has a huge thing against lurker lynching for whatever the hell reason, but I think trimming out  a few lurkers is the optimal thing to do here, probably one who does post but barely has meaningful content. That way we'll either off a scum trying to kill thread or a townie whose only use is their death inspect.

I disagree with you here when you say that my situation is similar to Oralie. The thing about Oralie is that her posts did not go anywhere, and did not provide any conclusions as you claim here. She did not make any insights, rather acting in a mediator role by either explaining the post and not giving her own opinion or trying to balance both sides of the argument without trying to lean towards one side. I did not do either of these. Furthermore, Oralie was definitely not cautious with her vote, as evidenced by her vote against Orthinol throughout the day.

If you think I am scummy because of my abstinence to vote, then why would I vote Kain day 1 to plurshift away from Orthinol? This contradicts any reasoning of me not wanting to be the blame behind any vote. The only logical explanation for this argument is that I was trying to save Orthinol from plurhammer. Therefore, if you think I am scum because of my failure to vote Oralie, then you must also scumread Orthinol.

With that said, I'll ask a question back: Do you think the fact that I was the one to save Orthinol from plurhammer instead of the people that explicitly townread Orthinol constitutes as an abstinence to vote?

Apologies for the misformatting in my earlier post.

You just seem very reluctant to let people die.

It's different from Oralie true, but the same in a certain way. It isn't a big feeling and you've been good most of the game, hence me not considering past "potential deep scum"
Jean A.
Jean A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian P. Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:55 am

Jean A. wrote:
Frank S. wrote:am i the only one who's noticed that gail hasn't actually defended herself?
she's either said

lynch gail

OK, but I think killing off one of the people who are actually keeping this dead game alive is kind of a bad idea, especially when we just have vengecops anyways. By "Entire Game" you literally mean me, since I subbed in, and Ricky, since he subbed in. Big Logic.
Just because they are keeping the game alive doesn't automatically mean town. Keeping them alive / vengecop them is what should be done if we want to see if we can actually try them.
Ian P.
Ian P.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Votecount 3.2

Gail S.(1)- Frank S.
Frank S.(0)-
Keenan M.(0)-
Nanny G.(0)-
Orthinol Q.(0)-
Tedesco T.(0)-
Jean A.(0)-
Ian P.(0)-
Not Voting(5)- Ian P., Ricky M., Gail S., Tedesco T., Orthinol Q.

If the deadline was now, Ricky M. would be lynched.

Last edited by ajhockeystar on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanny G. Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Anyone else think we could benefit from shorter deadlines?
Nanny G.
Nanny G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Jean A. wrote:
Gail S. wrote:
Jean A. wrote:

Frank is probably Town based off the bandwagon onto Oralie, they weren't in danger then and he was the one who put them under plurality. Nanny gets a good look too, but their posts rub me the wrong way.

Orthinol is likely to be Town, Oralie didn't have to risk them getting steam when they could have vanity wagon-ed or even jumped onto Kain. Plus, I like Orthinol's content so far.

Gail's mega abstinence to vote has a similar kinda vibe to Oralie's indecisiveness, while they are active and provides conclusions and insight, their vote feels weak for being the only power townies in this theme have prior to death.

Santo is just kinda.... dead parked on Keenan.

I know this site has a huge thing against lurker lynching for whatever the hell reason, but I think trimming out  a few lurkers is the optimal thing to do here, probably one who does post but barely has meaningful content. That way we'll either off a scum trying to kill thread or a townie whose only use is their death inspect.

I disagree with you here when you say that my situation is similar to Oralie. The thing about Oralie is that her posts did not go anywhere, and did not provide any conclusions as you claim here. She did not make any insights, rather acting in a mediator role by either explaining the post and not giving her own opinion or trying to balance both sides of the argument without trying to lean towards one side. I did not do either of these. Furthermore, Oralie was definitely not cautious with her vote, as evidenced by her vote against Orthinol throughout the day.

If you think I am scummy because of my abstinence to vote, then why would I vote Kain day 1 to plurshift away from Orthinol? This contradicts any reasoning of me not wanting to be the blame behind any vote. The only logical explanation for this argument is that I was trying to save Orthinol from plurhammer. Therefore, if you think I am scum because of my failure to vote Oralie, then you must also scumread Orthinol.

With that said, I'll ask a question back: Do you think the fact that I was the one to save Orthinol from plurhammer instead of the people that explicitly townread Orthinol constitutes as an abstinence to vote?

Apologies for the misformatting in my earlier post.

You just seem very reluctant to let people die.

It's different from Oralie true, but the same in a certain way. It isn't a big feeling and you've been good most of the game, hence me not considering past "potential deep scum"

I'm a bit confused. By "reluctant" do you mean just Oralie? Because I was the sole responsibility for Day 1's lynch, so to claim that I am reluctant to lynch at all is weird. I usually lynch closer to deadline, it's just that I missed the deadline Day 2.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Ian P. wrote:
Jean A. wrote:
she's either said

lynch gail

Just because they are keeping the game alive doesn't automatically mean town. Keeping them alive / vengecop them is what should be done if we want to see if we can actually try them.

Isn't your reply the same as Jean's or I'm just misunderstanding? You said we shouldn't be hesitant to lynch actives, but said that the option is to keep them alive or vengecop them. That's similar to what Jean was proposing, "killing off ... is kind of a bad idea, we just have vengecops anyways" so are you agreeing or disagreeing with Jean?
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 pm

@Jean Keenan showed up from the dead as well
unironically the entire game started posting after nanny made the callout though
@Gail again you never lynched her, and when you made your case there were zero lynches on her, so i'm not clear on what you're trying to argue there.
plurshifting onto me, which is the other option, was something kept open because a) orthinol was on me already and b) you "had another suspect" (which was assumedly me, although I could've been wrong). If there's a mislynch there, you have a valid reason behind shifting the vote at least - and even if there are associations with you three, Orthinol wouldn't be a part of that because he had his lynch on me at the start of the day.
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:46 pm

Frank S. wrote:@Jean Keenan showed up from the dead as well
unironically the entire game started posting after nanny made the callout though
@Gail again you never lynched her, and when you made your case there were zero lynches on her, so i'm not clear on what you're trying to argue there.
plurshifting onto me, which is the other option, was something kept open because a) orthinol was on me already and b) you "had another suspect" (which was assumedly me, although I could've been wrong). If there's a mislynch there, you have a valid reason behind shifting the vote at least - and even if there are associations with you three, Orthinol wouldn't be a part of that because he had his lynch on me at the start of the day.

I will just be super honest with you here. I understand your theory and how the puzzles fit with each other. As I said before, it is very logical. However, I am also quite sad because the situation here is just wrong place at the wrong time. The lack of my awareness about the deadline, my "unconventional plays" and the likes are all what I considered just a series of unfortunate events. I should be happy that my read was right, and while it was right, I did not follow up on it. And I still blame myself for it up until this point. I really do want to help town win this game, but due to the unfortunate circumstances and arguably mistakes on my part as well, my reads - which should have been neutral and unbiased - is viewed with scrutiny because of these unfortunate events.

This was the thought I had when I offered myself to be inspected. I know some of you may consider it WIFOM, but I just want to prove that my posts and reads can be trusted despite the bad puzzle pieces fitting together so perfectly. I don't want my posts and reads to be ignored just because of some poor decisions I made in the past.

Of course, I can say things like: I can prove that I was unaware of the deadline. For example, I had no reason to not lynch Oralie at the end there, either as town or mafia. It benefits me in both cases, I just really wasn't aware that deadline was coming that early. If you read my posts closer to the deadline, you can kinda see that I had no idea deadline was very close. I did repeat points like this many times, so I can only hope that some of you really see my true intentions. No matter what, I will still post my reads and analysis, as long as I'm alive.

This post is not meant to be a defense, but rather a small emotional rant. I just want to guide you to my thought process behind what I'm thinking about the game at the moment. You don't need to agree with me, but this is my thoughts on the game at the moment. I can guarantee that it is 100% truthful. But there is no town to regret about the past, so here's to a better future.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanny G. Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:53 am

I wonder what happened to Lindsay
Nanny G.
Nanny G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Nanny G. wrote:I wonder what happened to Lindsay
she died, dude

i'll take a look back at gails stuff later because i want to check if my opinion is still the same upon a thorough re-read

anyone have an opinion on my townpool & whether solving the game that way is a good idea?
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Votecount 3.3

Gail S.(1)- Frank S.
Frank S.(0)-
Keenan M.(0)-
Nanny G.(0)-
Orthinol Q.(0)-
Tedesco T.(0)-
Jean A.(0)-
Ian P.(0)-
Not Voting(4)- Ian P., Ricky M., Gail S., Tedesco T., Orthinol Q.

Ricky M. was lynched.

he was the...:

Night 3 Commence! Deadline is the 9th at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:55 pm

Ricky M. decided to reveal the role of...:

The death last night was of...:

Day 4 Commence!

Votecount 4.0

Gail S.(0)-
Frank S.(0)-
Keenan M.(0)-
Orthinol Q.(0)-
Tedesco T.(0)-
Jean A.(0)-
Ian P.(0)-
Not Voting(7)- Ian P., Gail S., Tedesco T., Orthinol Q., Jean A., Keenan M., Frank S.
There are 7 alive so it takes 4 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Tuesday the 12th at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:57 pm

OKAY! I was honestly hoping Ricky would not inspect me because I do want to continue to play this game. But now that I am clear to everyone, I shall make my last day count!!! WE WILL WIN THIS TOWN!
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:59 pm

that inspect saves me a lot of time wrt reading back on gail
Lynch Jean

im pretty sure keenan/tedesco are town. When i last re-evaluated, orthinol seemed town to me. That leaves the scumteam as jean/ian in my eyes.
We can point to exactly who we want to be inspected now that gail is cleared, since the inspect getting killed means gail lives.
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next