PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 30: Separated Scum

+11
Lila C.
Hiroki M.
Yuzo K.
Nicolette D.
Teaque Q.
Marilyn M.
Amelia E.
Linda G.
Claudina W.
Titus V.
ajhockeystar
15 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Game 30: Separated Scum - Page 8 Empty Re: Game 30: Separated Scum

Post by Marilyn M. Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Yuzo K. wrote:Btw @Lila, did you have any reason for shooting claudina?

@Marilyn, when you lynched Amelia day one was the only reason to get plural off of you?
I believe thats it from what I've read but not sure if I skipped anything by accident.

Plurality wasn't on me at the time, but yeah, it was to stop plurality being shifted onto me
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzo K. Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:43 pm

O O. wrote:Got it. I think that the "saying what she thinks unedited" thing could be her playstyle, and I don't know if it makes the things ive brought up about her are excusable.
I suppose that when you're scumhunting you've gotta look for both ends of the spectrum this time, as people who are too cautious could be scum, but those being too brash (and acting like scum in the process) are also likely scum.

Yeah, as I said I'll look more into both of your points and see if it changes my current reads but for now I don't think she should be lynched cause Linda is a way better option from what I can see.
Yuzo K.
Yuzo K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:46 pm

O.O

While I admit, I cherry picked slightly while quoting your things. But it's just the sheer number I got when I did so that startled me

When you accused me of hypocrisy you cherry picked to get my examples, and if you did that to basically anyone you would find a few examples of useless posts. Just with you there were so many

Despite that, you've convinced me. Congratulations O.O. Don't think you are completely off my radar though

unlynch O.O, Lynch Linda G.
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by O O. Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:52 pm

the point i was making is that you were saying that i've been saying a ton of useless things (and those were more useful than the things i highlighted for you) and I pointed out various times (percentage-wise its probably higher for you but I can't be certain) that you said similar or worse things re: utility.
the sheer number was like, 4 posts. I refuse to accept you counting me stating that i'm going to provide something requested of me later than the current time useless (that's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario) and answering questions is certainly not useless either.
O O.
O O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:55 pm

The ones I put in were meant as in 'fairly obvious questions that don't make you deserve towncred for answering'
That's what I meant when I said I cherry picked.
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by O O. Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:25 pm

certainly, i wouldnt expect towncred for answering questions, but using them as the basis for a scumread is extremely silly
i figured out what i was trying to say when you cherrypicked - your cherrypicking made it seem like this is all i was doing/most of what i was doing (at least that's how i interpreted)while mine stated beforehand that this was only the useless posts that you have made (and isnt really cherrypicking, more bringing evidence up to point out that you are guilty of the thing you are accusing me of doing, cherrypicking aside)
O O.
O O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Guys I'm really sorry but I fell asleep T_T T_T T_T
Since there is only 4 minutes left I can't really do anything, so I will just see the result of the flip/kills and post my reads first thing tmr!

Thank you for understanding <3
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Votecount 2.4

Linda G.(3)- Hiroki M., Yuzo K., Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.(1)- O O.
O O.(0)-
Lila C.(0)-
Titus V.(0)-
Teaque Q.(0)-
Yuzo K.(0)-
Hiroki M.(0)-
Nicolette D.(0)-
Not Voting(5)- Lila C., Linda G., Titus V., Nicolette D., Teaque Q.
There are 9 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Tuesday the 4th at 9pm EST.

Linda G. was lynched.

she was the...:

Night 2 Commence! Deadline is the 6th at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:42 am

The death last night was of...:

Day 3 Commence!

Votecount 3.0

Marilyn M.(0)-
O O.(0)-
Titus V.(0)-
Teaque Q.(0)-
Yuzo K.(0)-
Nicolette D.(0)-
Not Voting(6)- Titus V., Nicolette D., Teaque Q., Yuzo K., Marilyn M., O O.
There are 6 alive so it takes 4 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 10th at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroki M. Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:20 pm

... No words can describe how annoyed I am at Lila's incompetence.

#BahPost

#ThoughtYouWereQT
Hiroki M.
Hiroki M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 pm

we took down 1 mafia, so it is currently 2-4
there are no nightkills left.
this means we have a maximum two mislynches left (provided neither of the traitors inspect each other)
however, we should treat it as 1 mislynch left. We have today and tomorrow to find one of the remaining scum

Now that that is all set, let us day 3
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzo K. Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:29 pm

I have a lot of questions for Lila when the game ends...... Neutral
Yuzo K.
Yuzo K.

Back to top Go down

Post by O O. Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:27 pm

maf vig yoloed the fuck out of that o-o (i assume)
i dont understand lila's kill at all, and it didnt work out which sucks even more

thoughts on this wild theory (maybe you guys wont like it because its me townreading myself but STILL):
n1 linda as mafia inspects a random inactive/useless townie - should they turn up as town, she will try to tunnel them and get them lynched. she chooses me, and gets me as town (hence why she randomly switched from lila to me despite us both making the same mistake) and tries to make an argument to push me with (which is why it was so shoddy)

Lynch Marilyn M.
lets go 2 for 2?
O O.
O O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzo K. Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:07 pm

O O. wrote:maf vig yoloed the fuck out of that o-o (i assume)
i dont understand lila's kill at all, and it didnt work out which sucks even more

thoughts on this wild theory (maybe you guys wont like it because its me townreading myself but STILL):
n1 linda as mafia inspects a random inactive/useless townie - should they turn up as town, she will try to tunnel them and get them lynched. she chooses me, and gets me as town (hence why she randomly switched from lila to me despite us both making the same mistake) and tries to make an argument to push me with (which is why it was so shoddy)

Lynch Marilyn M.
lets go 2 for 2?

Why would she unlynch you then?
Yuzo K.
Yuzo K.

Back to top Go down

Post by O O. Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Linda G. wrote:

Titus makes some posts that I really like, and quality > quantity. Bonus points for having an average avatar, and making the response of "can't really defend against a gut read, please give actual reasoning" (I changed the phrasing, but that's my interpretation of what he said), however his posts do remind me of a thing I'd like to say.

other than Titus' play, I like Marilyn's defense, even if I agree that her UL was weak and scummy (looking back, originally I thought nothing of it). and that's essentially all the important stuff that happened yesterday. lynching a townie is always regrettable, but Amelia had 5 posts, none of which had any substance whatsoever. not a big loss when we need power players and lots of effort from everyone.

in conclusion: O O. is scum, Titus is town, and collapse your quotes. thank you.
maybe i'm inspect-spec'ing too much, but linda possibly could have also inspected marilyn or titus and then responded accordingly (she townreads titus and acknowledges the arguments against marilyn but says that she like's marilyn's argument, which implies townie to me).

Linda G. wrote:More good stuff from Titus, albeit sarcastically and in a manner that wasn't helpful at all. So like, the content was good, but the timings was less so. I'll give you more points for the read list comment, and I'll post my very own read list!

O O. - See post above
Marilyn - Wasn't she the counterwagon until we lynched off an idle player? Rubs me as scum from her unlynch as well as lack of presence
Teaque - Made a lynch based on a read, received a defense, and altered that read. Good town play, but not good enough to receive a top two spot on my list for townies
Lila - Been doing good things by keeping the chat alive, and isn't as cute as I am.
Titus - You've never done a thing wrong in your life and you should know that.
however, this is weird since she now scumreads marilyn. notable is that she townreads teaque based on him... playing optimally.

Linda G. wrote:I will be incapable of continuing this game until after the fourth of july. If AJ would like to attempt to sub me out so that this slot is filled for the remainder of day phase, I will allow it. However I will be back immediately following the holiday, and from there can continue my policy of Going Hard and Winning The Game for town.

unlynch O O. so that I don't idle my way into messing up a lynch (even though he's scum). Also, I'm not vigilante
hindsight is 20/20, but this is a perfect example of what titus pointed out (scum being wary to lynch).

ending this off w/ a question to yuzo: we were rushed on the previous day, but now that we have time, could we have some reads / a ranking from you? would be good to hear your opinion on everyone now. also, why did you feel it necessary to mention that lila did nothing particularly wrong when unlynching her on day 1?
O O.
O O.

Back to top Go down

Post by O O. Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Yuzo K. wrote:
O O. wrote:maf vig yoloed the fuck out of that o-o (i assume)

Lynch Marilyn M.
lets go 2 for 2?

Why would she unlynch you then?
ah good point
only reason i can come up with is an attempt to not look like she's tunneling too hard but thats unlikely

well at least it (probably) narrows down her inspect? still confused as to why she tunneled me over lila though.
O O.
O O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzo K. Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:32 pm

and yeah idk, you both made the same "scum slip" in her eyes.
Also idek why I checked this, I'm too tired I'll actually post something in the morning

Yuzo K.
Yuzo K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzo K. Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 pm

I JUST REALIZED HIROKI LYNCHED LINDA TOO

WHY IS LILA SO BAD. HIROKI DIDN'T DESERVE THIS

#justiceforhiroki
Yuzo K.
Yuzo K.

Back to top Go down

Post by O O. Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:46 pm

tbf lynching mafia in this theme is pretty irrelevant to alignment, its moreso how someone goes about lynching in general that should be looked at (you do have to take playstyle into account though which makes it significantly more difficult, given that this is anon and all)
O O.
O O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzo K. Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:51 pm

Well yeah, that didn't confirm him as town, but even if she wasn't sure if he was scum or town the fact that he was able to scout out the scum and lynch her should be enough to not shoot him cause he'd be useful to town irrelevant of his alignment especially if she had no prior suspicion or reason to find him scummy.
Yuzo K.
Yuzo K.

Back to top Go down

Post by O O. Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:59 pm

yeah i completely agree with you, i dont understand lila's shot, just saying that him lynching scum doesn't make him obvitown or anything.
O O.
O O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teaque Q. Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:28 am

Personally, I think Lila's shot was a really bullshit wifom read.

Secondly, I'm going to talk a bit about reads here.

Ok so, O O.'s sr on Marilyn is definitely justified in the sense that the theme is Separated Scum and she doesn't know all of her partners, which could explain lynch on Linda. (This also goes for Yuzo)

Just looking at the evidence, Titus would be obvious lynch today, being Mr. perfect to Linda, but then we delve in to the is she making her partner that obvious or not? The secondary option with this logic would be me, but I find it more likely that she tried to get me on her side so I wouldn't go back to my gutread on her (which worked, unfortunately.)

It could also be O O. but seeing how he's the only one who's analyzed the evidence so far, I'm going to put his scumread in the backburner for now

Jumping back to Marilyn, I'm pretty confused as to why she stated the numbers, but didn't exactly do much else...? I don't really know, but she definitely has good reason to be scumread.

Going to Nicolette, I'm a bit wary of her, but I do like how she calls out Titus, albeit I don't think she sticks with this...? Please feel free to correct me here. Possibly inspected Titus, got partner, but I think she's town otherwise.

Finally we got Yuzo. Yuzo I don't exactly have as a large scumread as initially (accidentally) have shown. I just had a large amount of neutral reads, two scum reads and 3 town reads. Yeah, so I don't really know what to say about him. He has this large amount of inactivity, but when he comes back he argues a bit lynches linda, posts a bit and then today posts a bit. Honestly, nothing of his really jumps out as town, and I'm still waiting for that great post that he's promised. He's staying neutral scum

Mostly, I'm feeling a read that has been stated before: Marilyn + Titus. Neither of them could've figured known that Linda was mafia, but knew each other, and Marilyn followed town's lynch; hoping for extra towncred. Titus was ok with Linda dying because she didn't immediately jump out as his possible partner, and didn't attempt to last minute change otherwise, or just because it was pointless.

As such, I will Lynch Titus because it's either him or Marilyn and either lynch works to be honest.

Now to address other stuff.

@Nicolette: I'd really appreciate one of those burst posts right now, because not are those useful, but they're good for getting some overall info about the game

@Titus: Please, be awake for this one.

@Everyone: It'd probably be nice to also just repost readlists + explanations; We need to start pulling out all the stops now to get everything together.

TL;DR: Titus = Marilyn --> Yuzo --> O O. --> Nicolette

Titus and Marilyn have been explained already, O O. has been the only one doing useful analytical posts today, and his other posts are actually pretty good, I was just kind of unfair to him in the fact that I didn't exactly acknowledge their content outside of the defense. Nicolette is just useful in bursts and I find her reads quite townie.

Titus readflips are fun.
Teaque Q.
Teaque Q.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Alright, before I post my reads, let's get the initial reactions out of the way:

YES WE GOT MAFIA

WHY DID LILA KILLED HIROKI

Also, I would like to Lynch Marilyn for now just in case she comes in, lynches me and I die due to plurality since others are reluctant to lynch. Trust me, it has happened before and I do not want to die a silly death again. Just note that my lynch on marilyn is temporary - I will form my stance during my read list.

Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:22 pm

O O. - See post above
Marilyn - Wasn't she the counterwagon until we lynched off an idle player? Rubs me as scum from her unlynch as well as lack of presence
Yuzo / Hiroki / Nicolette - haven't made an impression on me that I can remember. post more, make them good, make an effort.
Teaque - Made a lynch based on a read, received a defense, and altered that read. Good town play, but not good enough to receive a top two spot on my list for townies
Lila - Been doing good things by keeping the chat alive, and isn't as cute as I am.
Titus - You've never done a thing wrong in your life and you should know that.

Here is Linda's readlist, and one of her most recent posts.

None of these really strike me as an inspected partner. Titus seems TOO townread, and the others are scumread
If i WERE to call a inspected partner from the readlist, then Teaque best fits this, though i would rather not have him lynched. Also there are the 3 inactives (at that time) that could possibly have been mafia inspects that Linda was trying to avoid reading. (obviously not Hiroki as he is dead) We have no real way of telling though as they were EXTREMELY inactive at that point in the day. It's just a shame we didn't get more from Linda

There is also the higher possibility that Linda found someone as town. Looking at this readlist, I would say that, again, Titus is just TOO townread to have been inspected, while O.O is the opposite, TOO scumread. From this, I am going to guess that she inspected either Hiroki, Nicolette, or Yuzo, with a result that can't be determined
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Titus

Having viewed your posts through your profile, I couldnt help but noticed the only thing you have done is talk about 2 scumtells, one of which had been mentioned before (though i do believe that you honestly missed it) and aside from that, spent 2 days tunnelling me based on a pathetic grasp of triggering your scumtell, which you yourself decided that I wasnt that scummy, and unlynched me

On top of you not really doing much, you triggered your OWN scumtell day 2

You lynched me day 2, and then you unlynched me
then you sat, not lynching, for an entire earthday, until the mafiaday ended
That, according to you, triggers your own scumtell of reluctance to lynch

And now, you have triggered your OTHER scumtell, sudden shift of reads

You unlynched me, saying you didnt think I was scummy. Day 3 comes, and boom you lynch me straight away

for doing nothing but tunnelling me, and being a hypocrite about his 2 other posts he made, i will
Lynch Titus V.
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next