PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 35: Vengecop

+11
Nanny G.
Oralie O.
Ian P.
Tedesco T.
Frank S.
Lindsay L.
Gail S.
Santo C.
Kain R.
Orthinol Q.
ajhockeystar
15 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Game 35: Vengecop - Page 4 Empty Re: Game 35: Vengecop

Post by Santo C. Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:28 am

‘Hasn’t responded to anything aside from literally the only thing at all useful that has been discussed’
Agreed with Gall about this
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santo C. Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:31 am

Actuall Gall has like the most posts yet her last 5 have all been on topic unlike quite a few people
Lindsay how did you come up with that reasoning for lynching her?
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:46 am

Santo C. wrote:Actuall Gall has like the most posts yet her last 5 have all been on topic unlike quite a few people

I am confused too. Is it because I haven’t responded to her (Lindsey’s) post on you? Anyways, I think that the post doesn’t necessarily imply that Santo is sure that a town will be lynch. He might be thinking in the persoective of a town player, and what should be done when a town player is lynched.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:42 am

Votecount 1.3

Gail S.(3)- Orthinol Q., Frank S., Lindsay L.
Orthinol Q.(2)- Tedesco T., Oralie O.
Keenan M.(1)- Santo C.
Tedesco T.(1)- Nanny G.
Jean A.(1)- Gail S.
Lindsay L.(1)- Keenan M.
Santo C.(1)- Kain R.
Frank S.(0)-
Ricky M.(0)-
Ian P.(0)-
Kain R.(0)-
Nanny G..(0)-
Oralie O.(0)-
Not Voting(3)- Ian P., Jean A., Ricky M.
There are 13 alive so it takes 7 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Wednesday the 27th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Gail S. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:29 am

Gail S. wrote:
I really do not understand your point here. You outright state that I did respond to other people, but only about the inspection proposal. That is still responding to people in the game, and starting a discussion. The only other main thing people were discussing at the time was Santo, so is this the discussion you were saying I did not respond to? It’s personally weird to me that you would call me out that I didn’t respond to anything, when I actually did and there are others who never dis. I also didn’t call out Ricky in a mean kind of way, I was just saying he should try to start a discussion rather than filler. Your post before me was... which post again? Anout Santo? I’m confused. Also please explain why you expected me to jump at the opportunity.

All in all Im a bit confused at your reasonings here.
Like I said in my last post your inspection proposal was the only thing you were commenting on. The problem is the fact that you called Ricky at all (regardless of it was mean or not) and told him he should say something about the game , which implies that you would be ready and willing to respond to things people said about the game. So why not respond to the post that specifically called for people to discuss things about the game?

There's a difference between only discussing the setup and discussing players to make reads, the former is significantly easier to fake

Santo C. wrote:Actuall Gall has like the most posts yet her last 5 have all been on topic unlike quite a few people
This was not true at the time I posted

Not counting her confirm, Gail had 7 posts when I posted. The first four were just banter and then she told Ricky he should talk about the game so people react. Which leads to a few questions So why didn't Gail react to people who were talking about the game (I'm referring to my initial post about you, as mentioned above there's a difference between discussing setup and players)?

Also interested in if other people have an opinion on Kain

Expect a full readlist soon, here's what I'm thinking right now:

Townleans: Oralie, Santo
Weaker Townleans: Frank, Orthinol
Scumleans: Gail, Kain
You Disappoint Me [Null]: Everyone else currently
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:37 am

Gail S. wrote:

I am confused too. Is it because I haven’t responded to her (Lindsey’s) post on you? Anyways, I think that the post doesn’t necessarily imply that Santo is sure that a town will be lynch. He might be thinking in the persoective of a town player, and what should be done when a town player is lynched.
One more thing before I go

I think this is a valid viewpoint to have and if Gail had responded earlier with this it would have probably been a Townie thing to do even

I need to figure out now if she’s just responding to it due to pressure for not answering before
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 am

Lindsay L. wrote:
Gail S. wrote:
I really do not understand your point here. You outright state that I did respond to other people, but only about the inspection proposal. That is still responding to people in the game, and starting a discussion. The only other main thing people were discussing at the time was Santo, so is this the discussion you were saying I did not respond to? It’s personally weird to me that you would call me out that I didn’t respond to anything, when I actually did and there are others who never dis. I also didn’t call out Ricky in a mean kind of way, I was just saying he should try to start a discussion rather than filler. Your post before me was... which post again? Anout Santo? I’m confused. Also please explain why you expected me to jump at the opportunity.

All in all Im a bit confused at your reasonings here.
Like I said in my last post your inspection proposal was the only thing you were commenting on. The problem is the fact that you called Ricky at all (regardless of it was mean or not) and told him he should say something about the game , which implies that you would be ready and willing to respond to things people said about the game. So why not respond to the post that specifically called for people to discuss things about the game?

There's a difference between only discussing the setup and discussing players to make reads, the former is significantly easier to fake

This was not true at the time I posted

Not counting her confirm, Gail had 7 posts when I posted. The first four were just banter and then she told Ricky he should talk about the game so people react. Which leads to a few questions So why didn't Gail react to people who were talking about the game (I'm referring to my initial post about you, as mentioned above there's a difference between discussing setup and players)?

Also interested in if other people have an opinion on Kain

Expect a full readlist soon, here's what I'm thinking right now:

Townleans: Oralie, Santo
Weaker Townleans: Frank, Orthinol
Scumleans: Gail, Kain
You Disappoint Me [Null]: Everyone else currently

If I had said to Ricky that I want to hear his opinion on what you said and I didn't do the same, then I can understand where you are coming from. However, I only said that Ricky should say anything related to the game, which doesn't necessarily mean reacting to your post only. Can you please explain why not responding to your post is a scum tell? I am not avoiding discussion at all, and the reason I didn't reply to your post was because I was reacting to the Frank lynch, which made me skip over your post. I have now stated my response in a post above. I know that you @me to gave my opinions, but I did not come online between your @ and your lynch.

One thing I don't like, as I will repeat here again, is a day 1 read list. Half of the reads will be "inactive, so null" and the other half will be based on tones and guesses that there is few, if any, evidence to support claims.

Looking back, here are the people that have gave an opinion regarding your post:
Orthinol
Kain
Santo

The following people said something about it, but did not give their own opinion:
Tedesco - asked what it meant
Oralie - trying to explain what that post meant to Tedesco

The others did not directly react to your post. This is why I'm very curious why you decided to specifically focus on me, when others have been discussing in thread without reacting to your post. Specifically, what is your opinion on Oralie, when she have explained the post but never reacted to it?

Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:34 pm

I considered your lack of response to be a scumtell because you seemed like you'd be looking out specifically for things you could respond to. Oralie only explained and didn't react like you said, but she also had a different attitude towards Ricky and seemed alright with him not producing content because it was Day 1 [in comparison to your taking issue with it], so my assumption is that she wasn't as concerned with finding things to talk about. Like I explain below though I do want to know her current opinions because she looks like she's been making more of an effort to figure people out since then.

It's fine if you don't want to make a day 1 readlist, but I do, so I'm going to do so since nothing's set in stone obviously and sharing thoughts you have helps other people to develop theirs

So with that said here's a list of players who I'm considering as having produced something analyzable, with the analysis following:

Frank S.:

Gail S.:

Kain R.:

Oralie O.:

Orthinol Q.:

Santo C.:
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:37 pm

I really don't like that I'm the only one whose vote isn't a holdover from rvs

Like I said above I'm open with unvoting Gail (and in fact I do want to give her the chance to do that vote count analysis she mentioned) but right now the only other person I feel comfortable lynching is Kain

I will be here for about an hour and then it's off I go. There's about a 50% chance that I will be online at the end of the day
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:52 pm

Lindsay L. wrote:I really don't like that I'm the only one whose vote isn't a holdover from rvs

Like I said above I'm open with unvoting Gail (and in fact I do want to give her the chance to do that vote count analysis she mentioned) but right now the only other person I feel comfortable lynching is Kain

I will be here for about an hour and then it's off I go. There's about a 50% chance that I will be online at the end of the day

I understand that you have a problem with me not responding to your post, but I will reiterate my position again.
I have attempted to both start and encourage discussions. I will admit again that I did overlook page 2 partly because I was overly focused on Frank's and Orthinol's lynch (and trying to come up with something funny). Since the discussion kinda died down on page 3, I did not reply until later. I had no harsh intention towards Ricky, and my intent was not to condemn him, but encourage him to say something about the game. I actually thought that you guys might think I'm condemning him when I'm posting so I added a playful ! just to change the tone (it didn't work, did it). This is supported by me not lynching him.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:54 pm

As for the vote count analysis, what I usually do is look at the vote count at each end of day. Then I recognize patterns in the orders of vote, who decided to vote and not to vote, who added votes when it did not matter (i.e. adding a 3rd/4th vote on a person), how votes changed throughout the day. This is not possible day 1, nor do I think it will be effective during RVS.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:56 pm

Gail S. wrote:As for the vote count analysis, what I usually do is look at the vote count at each end of day. Then I recognize patterns in the orders of vote, who decided to vote and not to vote, who added votes when it did not matter (i.e. adding a 3rd/4th vote on a person), how votes changed throughout the day. This is not possible day 1, nor do I think it will be effective during RVS.
It would be easier day 1 if people moved their votes around Mad

That wasn't intended as a dig at you I'm just upsetti

If you had to vote right now (imo something to consider while I'm here to discuss the lynch still) who would it be?
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Last post in this chain of posts:

1) I don't know what I explained my scumhunting process. That was a mistake because now players will change their playstyle Sad((. Well, hopefully the game situation forces them to reveal their true playstyle.

2) Oralie had the same reaction to Ricky as me i.e. "this level of activity is acceptable during Day 1" so I'm kinda confused why you think I have a bigger problem with Ricky than Oralie.

3) What I meant by my response to Ricky was that people should start discussions. Therefore, I went ahead to start one. I didn't have the thought of reacting to people in my mind at that point, but I did not hesitate to replies to anyone that commented on my post.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Lindsay L. wrote:
Gail S. wrote:As for the vote count analysis, what I usually do is look at the vote count at each end of day. Then I recognize patterns in the orders of vote, who decided to vote and not to vote, who added votes when it did not matter (i.e. adding a 3rd/4th vote on a person), how votes changed throughout the day. This is not possible day 1, nor do I think it will be effective during RVS.
It would be easier day 1 if people moved their votes around Mad

That wasn't intended as a dig at you I'm just upsetti

If you had to vote right now (imo something to consider while I'm here to discuss the lynch still) who would it be?

Honestly, my gut says Oralie. Yes, this is controversial. But some of her posts just bug me and seems a little off. She is giving me this town mediator vibe, and her reactions to thing seem a little too neutral for my liking. Apart from her, Kain is also a candidate because he just jumped on Santo, echoing your post but didn't say too much.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Gail S. wrote:Last post in this chain of posts:

1) I don't know what I explained my scumhunting process. That was a mistake because now players will change their playstyle Sad((. Well, hopefully the game situation forces them to reveal their true playstyle.

2) Oralie had the same reaction to Ricky as me i.e. "this level of activity is acceptable during Day 1" so I'm kinda confused why you think I have a bigger problem with Ricky than Oralie.

3) What I meant by my response to Ricky was that people should start discussions. Therefore, I went ahead to start one. I didn't have the thought of reacting to people in my mind at that point, but I did not hesitate to replies to anyone that commented on my post.
Is 1) referring to something in my last post or just in general? You're right about the game forcing people to reveal their true playstyle

@2) I took your post towards Ricky to mean that you didn't find this level of activity acceptable during Day 1. I didn't realize you intended it as a joke (as a sidenote I have a problem with this activity level but idk what to do about that at this point)

About to go back and look at your stuff on that page to see how it lines up with 3

Right now I'm still in the headspace of "Give Gail the chance to analyze vote counts later" but I'm worried that if I move to Kain and then go no one else is gonna show up and we'll just end up with the massive rvs vote spread we have right now

I can see how you're getting mediator vibes from Oralie. If she shows up and her response to being asked for reads isn't adequate (or if she doesn't give any and has some bs reason for it) I would reconsider and be open to voting her. If she doesn't show up at all she needs to seriously step it up for tomorrow. Do you think I'm giving her too much credit in my current read on her?
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Gail S. wrote:
Ricky M. wrote:I feel like it isn't a motivation thing more like people probably forget about the game being busy with irl stuff until they are reminded about the game

All of your posts so far have been discussing about activity, maybe if you said something about the game then people will start reacting and discussion will come! Also, I honestly don't think this level of activity is too 'dead' for day 1.
Forget part of what I said about 2) I guess, memory's a broken machine
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:17 pm

Unvote Gail

Vote Kain

My confidence in the Gail read is wavering to the point where I feel more confident in Kain flipping red. She's defended herself well from me soft-tunneling her. She did make an effort towards discussing things right after her Ricky post like she said, and although I think it would have been better to talk about her reads on people instead of just the setup the efforts there and I don't think choosing the setup>players to talk about is necessarily a bad thing in this scenario

I have about ten minutes before I go
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Lindsay L. wrote:Unvote Gail

Vote Kain

My confidence in the Gail read is wavering to the point where I feel more confident in Kain flipping red. She's defended herself well from me soft-tunneling her. She did make an effort towards discussing things right after her Ricky post like she said, and although I think it would have been better to talk about her reads on people instead of just the setup the efforts there and I don't think choosing the setup>players to talk about is necessarily a bad thing in this scenario

I have about ten minutes before I go

I do not mind the Gail lynch. One thing I'm a bit afraid of at the moment is that Frank and Orthinol (who RVS'd me) won't come online to unlynch leaving me with plurality. I could plurshift to Orthinol and then back to Kain, but I do not want Orthinol dead. It would be most beneficial if all those that RVS could unlynch.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:22 pm

>>>Gail lynch

I mean Kain lynch. Wtf my brain is toasted. Also what I meant by I shouldn't have told anyone how I do Vote count analysis is because they might vote differently now.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keenan M. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi folks, sorry, I'm here now.
Keenan M.
Keenan M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:27 pm

If it came down to you vs Orthinol today I'd be pretty pissed for a variety of reasons (not wanting Orthinol dead, wanting to give you the vote count analysis second chance, the fact that it would mean the top two wagons had two votes from rvs each)

I think the vote count analysis will have some value still, especially if we get a scum lynch or depending on the inspect
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keenan M. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:28 pm

Orthinol is incredibly town here
Keenan M.
Keenan M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:29 pm

Keenan M. wrote:Orthinol is incredibly town here