PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

+8
Kimmy S.
Anima V.
Emmy A.
Cherry P.
Clara H.
Jeremiah W.
Infernando G.
ajhockeystar
12 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra - Page 27 Empty Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Kimmy S. Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:44 pm

I see some internal strife between the Carolines. I kinda scumread the fillery one but the posting one is pretty townie so I'd say it's overall a townread.

Reaction Testing Day 3 seems really meh but doesn't look too bad on Cherry so w/e.

Caroline opinion on Cherry?
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:15 am

I want to cry. I was typing this big post and my computer crashed. Sigh. atleast I saved part of it on wordpad. Retyping it again.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:17 am

Wait, it didn't save.... Time to retype the WHOLE THING AGAIN.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:59 am

im stupidly busy so sorry but no post
ideally i can get stuff out by sunday since my saturday is pretty busy
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 am

I'm actually going to sleep. I got a little demotivated after what just happened. Don't get me wrong, I have it typed out, but I forgot some of my arguments and I'm a little of a perfectionist. I'll post it tomorrow 30 min after I wake up (that should be enough time to try to remember what I forgot). Also it's the opposite for me. I'll be able to post to my hearts content tomorrow (well today technically), but will be busy Sunday.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:09 am

Now for my brilliant plan (might have overthought it though). I was seeing some of the game chat and saw how alot of reactions were based from the RVS. So I decided to filler and repost the same info and see if they brought different reactions from the accounts. Since this was something really unexpected, I was trying to see if some people broke character (mainly get reads from them). I also thought about the two person mechanic and even though two people might act differently, if the goal is the same as the other person, they will try to pressure on it. For example, let's say the other person in my account thought my reads were wrong, they might say oops and say something different or add on to the reads. Mafia however if their goal is to only lynch a person, will most likely keep their goal the same and stay on the same target as the other player in that account. You can say I threw in a random variable to cause some stimuli. I waited 10 hours and tried to see if anything changed and how players reacted to my post. I liked what I saw from players like Emmi since they didnt try to outright lynch me and see the positive of that. I did not like what I saw from players like Cherry which I stated above.
How should I say this.. but this plan is kinda flawed.

I mean, it's actually possible that one player of two players is simply lurking. That well, destroys the plan. Also, not to mention that it's highly possible that the partner actually agrees to their read, since this all just comes down to how a person plays.
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:30 am

Hey all, I got trapped by real life again and I'm sorry for my delay in posting. Right now I can only make a short post, but later today I'll be online a bit more.

Lynch Infernando, to be explained when "later today" comes.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:06 am

Oh hey, it's later today. I was lowkey hoping for some kind of reaction from someone, but since it hasn't been that long and reactions weren't the primary purpose of that vote I'm not too upset.

Right now I'm not voting Jeremiah because I assume, hopefully correctly, that he's going to come online and respond to things at some point before the end of the day. Either Jeremiah's comments would be helpful in that area. Meanwhile, I feel like Infernando has been escaping having pressure on him due to the stigma surrounding lynching a lurker, when there's a reason lurking is considered scummy (it makes one unreadable/a null read, which is an ideal position for scum to be in). There are also the other problems I mentioned earlier regarding his Day 1 posts (primarily hypocrisy, with one complaining about his partner lynching and leaving only to unlynch and leave himself, and the other apparently having a problem with this unlynch but not revoting despite "exercising his rights by using his lynch" being important for him.)
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:38 am

Things to reiterate from yesterday, now that I can read it and not have to panic because of deadlines:

Clara, what are your reads on people currently?

Regarding stating your vote is pressure:
Emmy A. wrote:
@Cherry, I don't think there's a problem with lynching for pressure. The theory is that if they're town they assume they're playing optimally anyway and won't feel worried about how they look, while scum will end up taking such care to fix their posts that they end up looking forced or giving opinions that line up only with what they think people want to hear.
To explain a bit more, it's generally clear (imo) when someone's reaction to pressure is genuine vs when it is forced.

Having the chance to read over Jeremiah's readlist more now, I'm noticing issues with it.

Regarding Clara, you say that a Clara+Shepherd scumteam becomes more viable if she starts a shift to you. As you acknowledge yourself she mentioned not having looked into you as much yet, and this feels a lot like someone setting up a Clara lynch before Clara can fully scumread you (such that you can say "It's not omgus, I said I'd scumread her if she did this!"). Phrased differently, it's as if you're trying to trap her: if she scumreads you she must be scum and partners with Shepherd (which by the way, what made you conclude she could only be with Shepherd if she pushed you?), if she doesn't you still bring up the "there are strong reasons but I haven't looked back at him yet" to push her with.

Your Halsey read seems vague, but that may be me nitpicking. Basically it's throwing out a lot of phrases that don't necessarily point to anything alignment-wise (he's responding quickly and asking questions/analyzing well, good for him), which I've seen scum do before when they just want to sheep the consensus.

The Shepherd read was commented on yesterday, I still don't see a problem with the read itself.

Considering Caroline's interactions with Halsey, I have trouble seeing how you don't see her as scumhunting. You say a lot of the things here that you do about Halsey, so if you could explain more what difference you see that makes you put Caroline as neutral that would be helpful. You talk about Caroline over-analyzing, so where do you draw the line between analysis alone being towny and scummy over-analysis? Also can you give some examples of how you think she's just analyzing as opposed to scumhunting?

Admittedly your comment on Cherry primarily responding to things is somewhat valid, as is the activity drop Day 2. I need to go over Cherry's posts when I have time to see if this a recurring trend though.

And having had the chance to read over these

Unlynch Infernando G.
Lynch Jeremiah W.

Since a lynch is unlikely to cause Infernando to do anything and Jeremiah remains a stronger scumread.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:51 am

Jeremiah W. wrote:
"obsessed" since when was I "obsessed" with making "bad arguments" targeted at you? How about you also list examples, hmm?
Alright, so this defence was pretty good, placed a pressure vote to make her post something. My memory served
me incorrectly about 7th point she quoted. Unlynch Cherry, Lynch Shepherd., this is my other scumread, reasons are in my quarter read list.
@Cherry

There's a dissonance here from Jeremiah that doesn't read as town. To begin with, the initial comment of "How about you list examples, hmm?" implies that he's unsatisfied with your response and thus still scumreads you. Yes he instantly turns around to call your defense a good one when all you basically said was, "Your argument is bad," something he presumably disagrees with since (A) the first line implies he doesn't think he making a bad argument and (B) if he was town he'd have no reason to intentionally push a bad argument and make a pressure vote for the sole-purpose of making someone post. He'd be more concerned with the content of the post itself. As Dr. Proctor mentioned it's another example of passivity, like he wanted to appear to be scumhunting/pushing someone but was ready to back off at the slightest sign of a defense.

You mention that if you were in his situation you'd drop the case too, but why would he make that kind of case to begin with?

Cherry P. wrote:
Emmy A. wrote:I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE TRYING TO PUSH HIM BASED ON WHAT I INTERPRETED AS A PREGAME JOKE, WHICH I DIDN'T LIKE

THIS IS DEFINITIVELY NOT A JOKE DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT APPEARS IN MULTIPLE POSTS AS HOW HE IS PLAYING AND HE'S MADE EFFORTS TO SEEM LIKE HE'S ACTUALLY SCUMHUNTING WHEN HE'S CALLED OUT ON IT BUT THE EFFORTS THEMSELVES ARE WEAK ONES
but its still the same attitude that I called out, silly!
Okay, so

You initially lynched Jeremiah based on his pregame strikethtough comments. What I interpreted at the time was that you were attempting to push him as a hard scumread based on "pregame shit" as Clara called it. What I'm basing my current scumread on him on is his passive play and hedging on reads, which has continued throughout the game itself. The "attitude you called out" was, in my opinion, a joke, and I didn't get why you were pushing someone for a joke (If someone said "Can confirm I'm scum with Player A" would you believe them instantly?).
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 am

Just got to finish looking over the end of yesterday and I have to go. Mad Hopefully I have the chance to look at today more later.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Ok so I'm posting two posts today.
This is the first:
(the second will be the questions/points and the reason I lynched Jeremiah so stay tuned!)
..............................................................................................................................................
Was tired. Meant premiditated. End of Story.
Secondly, the ad hominem post was referring to the "patronizing" thing.

Now onto the stuff

Kimmy: I like how Halsey tried to resolve the whole thing with Caroline, feels like town wanting to move on from unproductive stuff imo. Would like to know what's your opinion on Caroline, and whether they're Town/Scum/NAI from this whole fiasco. Also, mind giving us a hint on this new thought process, and why it would help Town more than using the regular ol' "lynch and look at reactions" style of scumhunting?

I am going to abstain from officially announcing my read on Caroline. The reason for this is because first of all, I want to see where this "fix up" goes to. That is because as you said, the past posts with Caroline regarding the plan and some more stuff have been a fiasco. This means it could be interpreted alot of ways. Right now all I get from that is just reactions and those are good and all, but they are nothing without the response being clear.

Also the new thought process only pertains to me. I will reveal it officialy when more people start to post (surprised I haven't seen an Emmy wallpost) as this day is just dead so far compared to day 2.

I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HOW YOU FELT YOU HAD TO EXPLAIN TO ME THAT YOUR INTENTIONS MATTERED MORE THAN YOUR RESULTS, WHEN I HAD BEEN SPEAKING TO SOMEONE ABOUT HOW YOUR INTENTIONS MATTERED MORE THAN YOUR RESULTS. FOR THIS, I WANT AN EXPLANATION, THE REST IS UP TO THE DAZZLERS.
Here was my answer that I posted some time ago (maybe you misinterpreted it):
Halsey: Nonetheless, let's say this plan helped nothing whatsoever. I still executed it on the goal to help town, so would it failing outright label me as scummy? At the end it's all, "does the thought really count" type of question, but I dare say and in my opinion has been proved by what I stated and by the thread that this plan was not useless.
Clarification: What I meant is that it is up to your discretion. Whether you find somebody scummy due to the wanted results (no side effect results), or intentions.
I did form my own question from this however after reading the following:
Caroline: Right now I'm suspicious of Halsey but he's trying to make up for things so it's decreasing. He seems to genuinely be trying to fix this situation, which a scum could do too but eh
So, what do you really see in a scumlean? I mean, what I have done is initiated a plan that will help us eliminate the confusion and fix this chaos. In regards to that, it should get wanted results. But, you say that scum can do that. Well scum and town have the same capibilities to perform any actions that would be either pro town or pro scum as you know so I don't see that as a valid reason for FOS. So, what is your official stance on me due to this.

(due to being on a roll however, imma continue on something else before I forget)
So to start sorting out this mess (not the plan stuff), I looked at your lynch of Shepherd (your day 1 reasons).
Caroline: So far Anima and Shepherd are my top 2 contenders for most likely to be mafia. Shepherd I have talked about and the fact that he has come on a couple more times doesnt help his case at all. Same thing can be said about Anima. Even though she went through the effort at the start to explain the scenarios for the dazzling fruit plan, its just as important for scum to know about them too in order to not fall for any of the traps. Although its true she could have just said it in the quicktopic at night, I dont think a scum!Anima would miss this opportunity to gain early towncred without having to press on with the scumhunting.
That was your summary of your srs up to that point (mid day 1) and this is your reason.

Shepherd D. wrote:
The fruit strategy seems like it won't be entirely fruitless, but we must note that mafia could just idle kill every night and continue to fruit. At the most, it eliminates mafia's kill mechanic, but it won't entirely win the game unless mafia is dumb. And about the RVS, I'm not very strict with RVS, I prefer to lynch and if they don't even react to the RVS then I move on from them. I would've been happy if Cherry would've told me her thoughts though.

Caroline: So this post hasnt got anything wrong with it imo, my problem with Shepherd is the lack of what he did after this post despite coming on at a few occasions iirc (last time he came on was like 3 or 4 hours ago). Not only did he not respond to the questions that emmy(?) imposed about his RVS lynch actions, he also decided not to follow up on his curiosity for Cherry's thoughts despite saying he would have been happy if Cherry told him her thoughts. The fact that he seems to not care about what Cherry has to say contradicts his claim that he would've been happy if Cherry told him her thoughts. Therefore it looks like Shepherd added that statement to provide a townie image rather than actually caring about finding scum which itself is scummy.

The thing I questions is, why didnt you just restate this reason and then the reason you lynched him for (ignoring your posts and his general scummy activities) day 2. I mean, there was no reason to say you were going to lynch him to pressure him by end of day 1. You would've pressured him regardless is what I meant. I mean:
Caroline: Although it is true that a common way to get inactives to talk is to lynch them, in my case I have a valid reason to lynch him and so the lynch itself is simply a message to say that the reason I have given is lynch-worthy.
Well anybody needs to give a reason to lynch and at first, I wouldve thought this was premiditated, but I forgot about your day 1 reason so this isn't scummy to me anymore. However it is negative town behavior and I ask anybody to refrain from saying "lynching (user) to pressure him".
I have another question though. Why was Shepherd more scummy to you than Infernando

Here is teh day 2 reason you lynched him for (even though you planned to lynch him)
Caroline: Anyway I am not happy that shepherd has come online yet has decided to completely ignored my dazzling points against him. For convenience i'll repeat them here. When i said something along the lines of "cherry ignored shepherds question", you said in your post "i would have liked to hear cherry's thoughts tho" or something like that which is fine on its own however you decided to not follow up on it despite showing an apparent interest in cherry's thoughts. This contradicts the fact you didnt follow up which makes it feel as if you said that just to coast along with what i said and appear to sound curious. You even came back online several times but didnt post which shows that your inactivity isnt due to unfortunate irl time constraints and is just because you either cant be bothered or you want to just lurk. In those times where you came online you could have addressed my points and emmy's question asking about your RVS actions yet you decided to just ignore them.
As you see, both exhibit similar behavior other than Shephard being more specific, more detailed, and more exaggirated than Infernando. This goes from the horrible reasons to lynch, to the lurking, etc. So was it just the ignoring of your questions that pushed him over the edge compared to Infernand? Was it the inactiveness being more extreme while Shepherd was trying to contribute?
Also in your day 1 list, what made Jeremiah scummier than Infernando? What did Jeremiah do to make you change that? Or what did Infernando do to make you change that (if his indolent post for some reason affected you)? I am inferring from your latest post that your strongest sr is Infernando atm.
Also I hate how your main read now is Infernando because of this.
Caroline: well I was partway through shepherd last time, but that won't be a problem anymore.
I mean, the reasons you lynched Shepherd for are basiclly demonstrated in Infernando but in lesser quantity. How would an Infernando lynch make you less unsure than a Shepherd lynch when on paper, you had more reasons to lynch Shepherd and call him out than Infernando.
What I don't get is that you stated you would lynch to pressure Shepherd to talk. That in itself is bad reason to lynch if the goal is mentioned since you could've instead restated your reasons for why you thought he was scummy and that wouldve been a legitimate reason for you to lynch him, but those weren't mentioned as the driving force behind the lynch.
However, you seemed to back off from that and didn't lynch him until he talked. So, did you give him a chance to talk before you cast your lynch or were you partway. If you were partway, why aren't you lynching Infernando as of now? This is because you said you wouldn't be partway anymore.
Also, due to this somebody cannot say for certain anymore this lynch is predimitated now which was reason A.) on my last big post. However, you said you were partway which now falls into reason C.) of my last big post (it's around the same idea as unsure). So it seems you could be trying to get off that lynch scott free.

Also looking at day 1, I am finding some inconsistency in how you read me. Let's look at the following.
Maybe not 100% sure, but not sure enough for a dazzling read unfortunately. I guess the 0.001% comes from the fact Halsey's has undeniably been driving this game forward which seems too good to be scum.
I mean I can quote your read posts, but I'm sure you get the gist of it (if you have a good memory of day 1 up to now which I'm sure you do). I mean, I haven't done much different from what I did day 1 unless it was the fix up suggestion I proposed, but you seem partway on that (sounds like eh, I'll trust him but I might be confused) so it seems it did not affect much.

Ok Finally,
Caroline: I mean you talk about his forced posts, his lack of volume, his lack of co-operation (filler basically) and yeah we all agree. So then where are these dazzling town vibes coming from? It's like saying "yo this guy is doin all da scummy shit, he even claimed scum and posted a dazzling screenshot of his role PM, b-b-but HE STILL GIVES ME TOWN VIBES!!!!" (Obviously this is really exaggerated but I just wanted to make a point that I don't see where you can get these town vibes from if you talk about all these stuff against him).
Well I can see why you would not unlynch so I would normally be ok with that but you said you were partways on Shepherd. What made you partways on him if that wasn't just some reason to get off scott free. What did you think about the other players at that time since you were unsure on Shepherd. Either that or you stuck with your lynch because of pragmatism which I don't believe you would do because you analyze posts alot (to try to get scum obv) and lynching for that reason would be of opposite belief to somebody like you. Also this is another reason why I did not like your lynch on Shepherd.

That was the post from yesterday

Also, I need to do that question/posts (with the Jeremiah lynch reason) first, so sorry Kimmy and Caroline. I promise to answer/get to both of your posts regarding the plan together in one post once I'm done with my next post (questions/points + reason I lynched Jeremiah) for obvious reasons.

I need to focus on other stuff than just plan this, plan that, etc. since I've focusing on that too much as of lately and have not been focusing me on other stuff.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Stupid formatting. Well whatever, here it is fixed. Also I obviously have more questions, but will hold on those until you respond to this. Also this is a little outdated. Will reveal my thought process later/tomorrow. I just want to see more activity from the other players and their scumleans atm before I announce it officially.

Ok so I'm posting two posts today.
This is the first:
(the second will be the questions/points and the reason I lynched Jeremiah so stay tuned!)
..............................................................................................................................................
Was tired. Meant premiditated. End of Story.
Secondly, the ad hominem post was referring to the "patronizing" thing.

Now onto the stuff

Kimmy: I like how Halsey tried to resolve the whole thing with Caroline, feels like town wanting to move on from unproductive stuff imo. Would like to know what's your opinion on Caroline, and whether they're Town/Scum/NAI from this whole fiasco. Also, mind giving us a hint on this new thought process, and why it would help Town more than using the regular ol' "lynch and look at reactions" style of scumhunting?

I am going to abstain from officially announcing my read on Caroline. The reason for this is because first of all, I want to see where this "fix up" goes to. That is because as you said, the past posts with Caroline regarding the plan and some more stuff have been a fiasco. This means it could be interpreted alot of ways. Right now all I get from that is just reactions and those are good and all, but they are nothing without the response being clear.

Also the new thought process only pertains to me. I will reveal it officialy when more people start to post (surprised I haven't seen an Emmy wallpost) as this day is just dead so far compared to day 2.

Caroline: I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HOW YOU FELT YOU HAD TO EXPLAIN TO ME THAT YOUR INTENTIONS MATTERED MORE THAN YOUR RESULTS, WHEN I HAD BEEN SPEAKING TO SOMEONE ABOUT HOW YOUR INTENTIONS MATTERED MORE THAN YOUR RESULTS. FOR THIS, I WANT AN EXPLANATION, THE REST IS UP TO THE DAZZLERS.

Halsey: Nonetheless, let's say this plan helped nothing whatsoever. I still executed it on the goal to help town, so would it failing outright label me as scummy? At the end it's all, "does the thought really count" type of question, but I dare say and in my opinion has been proved by what I stated and by the thread that this plan was not useless.

Clarification: What I meant is that it is up to your discretion. Whether you find somebody scummy due to the wanted results (no side effect results), or intentions.

Caroline: Right now I'm suspicious of Halsey but he's trying to make up for things so it's decreasing. He seems to genuinely be trying to fix this situation, which a scum could do too but eh

So, what do you really see in a scumlean? I mean, what I have done is initiated a plan that will help us eliminate the confusion and fix this chaos. In regards to that, it should get wanted results. But, you say that scum can do that. Well scum and town have the same capibilities to perform any actions that would be either pro town or pro scum as you know so I don't see that as a valid reason for FOS. So, what is your official stance on me due to this.

(due to being on a roll however, imma continue on something else before I forget)

So to start sorting out this mess (not the plan stuff), I looked at your lynch of Shepherd (your day 1 reasons).
Caroline: So far Anima and Shepherd are my top 2 contenders for most likely to be mafia. Shepherd I have talked about and the fact that he has come on a couple more times doesnt help his case at all. Same thing can be said about Anima. Even though she went through the effort at the start to explain the scenarios for the dazzling fruit plan, its just as important for scum to know about them too in order to not fall for any of the traps. Although its true she could have just said it in the quicktopic at night, I dont think a scum!Anima would miss this opportunity to gain early towncred without having to press on with the scumhunting.
That was your summary of your srs up to that point (mid day 1) and this is your reason.

Shepherd D. wrote:
The fruit strategy seems like it won't be entirely fruitless, but we must note that mafia could just idle kill every night and continue to fruit. At the most, it eliminates mafia's kill mechanic, but it won't entirely win the game unless mafia is dumb. And about the RVS, I'm not very strict with RVS, I prefer to lynch and if they don't even react to the RVS then I move on from them. I would've been happy if Cherry would've told me her thoughts though.

Caroline: So this post hasnt got anything wrong with it imo, my problem with Shepherd is the lack of what he did after this post despite coming on at a few occasions iirc (last time he came on was like 3 or 4 hours ago). Not only did he not respond to the questions that emmy(?) imposed about his RVS lynch actions, he also decided not to follow up on his curiosity for Cherry's thoughts despite saying he would have been happy if Cherry told him her thoughts. The fact that he seems to not care about what Cherry has to say contradicts his claim that he would've been happy if Cherry told him her thoughts. Therefore it looks like Shepherd added that statement to provide a townie image rather than actually caring about finding scum which itself is scummy.

The thing I questions is, why didnt you just restate this reason and then the reason you lynched him for (ignoring your posts and his general scummy activities) day 2. I mean, there was no reason to say you were going to lynch him to pressure him by end of day 1. You would've pressured him regardless is what I meant. I mean:

Caroline: Although it is true that a common way to get inactives to talk is to lynch them, in my case I have a valid reason to lynch him and so the lynch itself is simply a message to say that the reason I have given is lynch-worthy.

Well anybody needs to give a reason to lynch and at first, I wouldve thought this was premiditated, but I forgot about your day 1 reason so this isn't scummy to me anymore. However it is negative town behavior and I ask anybody to refrain from saying "lynching (user) to pressure him".
I have another question though. Why was Shepherd more scummy to you than Infernando

Here is teh day 2 reason you lynched him for (even though you planned to lynch him)

Caroline: Anyway I am not happy that shepherd has come online yet has decided to completely ignored my dazzling points against him. For convenience i'll repeat them here. When i said something along the lines of "cherry ignored shepherds question", you said in your post "i would have liked to hear cherry's thoughts tho" or something like that which is fine on its own however you decided to not follow up on it despite showing an apparent interest in cherry's thoughts. This contradicts the fact you didnt follow up which makes it feel as if you said that just to coast along with what i said and appear to sound curious. You even came back online several times but didnt post which shows that your inactivity isnt due to unfortunate irl time constraints and is just because you either cant be bothered or you want to just lurk. In those times where you came online you could have addressed my points and emmy's question asking about your RVS actions yet you decided to just ignore them.

As you see, both exhibit similar behavior other than Shephard being more specific, more detailed, and more exaggirated than Infernando. This goes from the horrible reasons to lynch, to the lurking, etc. So was it just the ignoring of your questions that pushed him over the edge compared to Infernand? Was it the inactiveness being more extreme while Shepherd was trying to contribute?

Also in your day 1 list, what made Jeremiah scummier than Infernando? What did Jeremiah do to make you change that? Or what did Infernando do to make you change that (if his indolent post for some reason affected you)? I am inferring from your latest post that your strongest sr is Infernando atm.

Caroline: well I was partway through shepherd last time, but that won't be a problem anymore.
I mean, the reasons you lynched Shepherd for are basiclly demonstrated in Infernando but in lesser quantity. How would an Infernando lynch make you less unsure than a Shepherd lynch when on paper, you had more reasons to lynch Shepherd and call him out than Infernando.

What I don't get is that you stated you would lynch to pressure Shepherd to talk. That in itself is bad reason to lynch if the goal is mentioned since you could've instead restated your reasons for why you thought he was scummy and that wouldve been a legitimate reason for you to lynch him, but those weren't mentioned as the driving force behind the lynch.

However, you seemed to back off from that and didn't lynch him until he talked. So, did you give him a chance to talk before you cast your lynch or were you partway. If you were partway, why aren't you lynching Infernando as of now? This is because you said you wouldn't be partway anymore.

Also, due to this somebody cannot say for certain anymore this lynch is predimitated now which was reason A.) on my last big post. However, you said you were partway which now falls into reason C.) of my last big post (it's around the same idea as unsure). So it seems you could be trying to get off that lynch scott free.

Also looking at day 1, I am finding some inconsistency in how you read me. Let's look at the following.

Caroline: Maybe not 100% sure, but not sure enough for a dazzling read unfortunately. I guess the 0.001% comes from the fact Halsey's has undeniably been driving this game forward which seems too good to be scum.
I mean I can quote your read posts, but I'm sure you get the gist of it (if you have a good memory of day 1 up to now which I'm sure you do). I mean, I haven't done much different from what I did day 1 unless it was the fix up suggestion I proposed, but you seem partway on that (sounds like eh, I'll trust him but I might be confused) so it seems it did not affect much.

Ok Finally,

Caroline: I mean you talk about his forced posts, his lack of volume, his lack of co-operation (filler basically) and yeah we all agree. So then where are these dazzling town vibes coming from? It's like saying "yo this guy is doin all da scummy shit, he even claimed scum and posted a dazzling screenshot of his role PM, b-b-but HE STILL GIVES ME TOWN VIBES!!!!" (Obviously this is really exaggerated but I just wanted to make a point that I don't see where you can get these town vibes from if you talk about all these stuff against him).

Well I can see why you would not unlynch so I would normally be ok with that but you said you were partways on Shepherd. What made you partways on him if that wasn't just some reason to get off scott free. What did you think about the other players at that time since you were unsure on Shepherd. Either that or you stuck with your lynch because of pragmatism which I don't believe you would do because you analyze posts alot (to try to get scum obv) and lynching for that reason would be of opposite belief to somebody like you. Also this is another reason why I did not like your lynch on Shepherd.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:56 pm

This in a separate post:

That was the post from yesterday

Also, I need to do that question/posts (with the Jeremiah lynch reason) first, so sorry Kimmy and Caroline. I promise to answer/get to both of your posts regarding the plan together in one post once I'm done with my next post (questions/points + reason I lynched Jeremiah) for obvious reasons.

I need to focus on other stuff than just plan this, plan that, etc. since I've focusing on that too much as of lately and have not been focusing me on other stuff.

Also need to focus on the other players lol.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Will post soon. brb
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Since I dazzlingly promised that the post about other players is gonna come out today, my response to Halsey is probably gonna have to be delayed to Sunday (sorry)

Anyway I feel like I didn't emphasise enough the reason why I think Jeremiah's read on Halsey is dazzlingly strange, I mean Jeremiah didn't even bother responding to this (iirc).

Caroline M. wrote:
Jeremiah W. wrote:
Halsey N. as LockTown - If I remember correctly, he started strong by being the first person to bring up the fruit circle strategy (or sometime near the same time when Emmy did it). Constantly giving reads, scumhunting, asking questions, analysing things really well, constantly progressing town in the right direction, prodding people to speak and responding/analysing posts really quickly. Overall, definitely my biggest tr right now, doing a lot. Keep it up, kid.
If you think he is dazzling locktown, then that must mean you are certain that his plan is completely legit which he deployed near the start of day 1. However it's strange that you don't seem to acknowledge that he only brought up the fruit circle strategy as part of his plan since he knew full well that it had been dazzlingly brought up before. (Btw this doesn't mean I am going back on my belief that the plan was in fact a cover up, I am just saying that is what he must have thought if he thinks halsey is locktown). In fact it's even more strange since you yourself replied to him saying "we already discussed this". So not sure where you are getting the idea that he was one of the first people to bring up the fruit circle strategy. This just says to me that you havent even bothered reading his posts when you made this read, did you even respond to his questions that were directed to you? I didn't think so because I dont see them in your ISOs.
This gives me the dazzling impression that Jeremiah just decided to not bother with reading Halsey's posts perhaps because they are too long and hard to read. But it definitely shows a lack of effort and wants to get away with sheeping the consensus. It also gives the impression that he's simply patting Halsey's back in the hopes of getting away with not answering Halsey's questions against you. I also want to draw particular attention to his remark about Halsey being one of the first to suggest the plan, because as explained in my previous post, this remark not only is wrong but also suggests that he isn't even aware that it was part of Halsey's plan or the fact that he himself replied to halsey with "we already discussed this". Jeremiah's previous posts prove otherwise since one of his posts spoke about how "Cherry fell for the bait".

Something else I noticed whilst looking back...
Jeremiah W. wrote:
FoSing someone who hasn't even posted anything related to the game is kinda weird.
You timed your lynch really weirdly, so it seemed like it was OMGUS and pre-game lynching =/= You have to follow that lynch during the game.

This is a really weird slot, that I would appreciate more pressure on.
The points Jeremiah made here are sound and makes sense, however despite having the capacity to apply more pressure himself by using his lynch, he doesn't yet still wants others to put more pressure on her. Perhaps he is too afraid to lynch her because he didn't want anyone to think he was OMGUSing? It comes across as being too self-aware which is what Cherry called start of day 1.

With regards to Cherry, I also find the dazzling reaction test in day 3 to be a bit weird but I don't see there's anything wrong with it. I do however think you should actually tell us why you were on the fence about Kimmy. Also while looking back, I felt like Cherry's activity has mostly just been defending herself and her thoughts from the start of day 1. When she doesn't, her posts have either been about the fruit plan or going against those who have been suspected the most (eg Shepherd and a bit of Jeremiah on day 2). Now as long as you have good reasons to suspect them then it's fine but my problem is that since you can defend yourself so well, It gives me the impression that you have the capacity to do more. However I feel like you haven't done much of your own scumhunting. I don't think you are scummy because I have said before how the way you defend yourself makes me view you as town, but the fact you haven't actually done that much of your own pressuring on those who havent got much pressure on them dazzles me.

I had more to say about Cherry I think but I forgot about those points oh well hopefully i'll remember when i read cherry's dazzling ISOs again!

One other thing, Halsey can you explain the thing about Kimmy not believing Clara is scum is odd because Kimmy seemed to be against what Clara did? I seem to recall you saying this but I dont seem to get your point.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 pm

So apparently one of me doesn't appreciate the plan while I'm pretty sure I've moved on from that.

To the other me: Post other stuff rather than kick dead horses?

Caroline you appear to be scumreading Jeremiah, but you're not actually voting anyone right now, is there a reason why?
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:04 am

Halsey N. wrote:

Caroline: I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HOW YOU FELT YOU HAD TO EXPLAIN TO ME THAT YOUR INTENTIONS MATTERED MORE THAN YOUR RESULTS, WHEN I HAD BEEN SPEAKING TO SOMEONE ABOUT HOW YOUR INTENTIONS MATTERED MORE THAN YOUR RESULTS. FOR THIS, I WANT AN EXPLANATION, THE REST IS UP TO THE DAZZLERS.

I know that this is dazzlingly directed to the dreary carol but I'll still give my dazzling opinion on this. It's in both of our interests to sort out this chaos regardless of alignment because it is important for points to get across clearly to both ends so that those points can be addressed and defended against properly. Therefore this doesn't affect my dazzling opinion on you. My read on you is dependent on whether I get convinced that this plan was indeed schemed or just a cover up of your hydra.

Halsey N. wrote:

Shepherd D. wrote:

I dazzlingly get your point but that just means I know what I am going to do with my day 2 lynch (which is what I did). At the time I wasn't sure whether I wanted to lynch Anima or Shepherd due to the reasons I stated day 1. So in that post in which the whole of this topic sparked, I was deciding on how I wanted to use my day 1 lynch to actually make a difference to the game which is why I thought lynching Anima wouldn't do much because there were already like 3 lynches on her. Therefore I said I could lynch Shepherd in order for him to see that someone is actually on him which would hopefully make him talk. I could have just straight up lynched him instead of saying I could, but not only did I think Anima was more scummy, I thought that it wouldn't hurt if I just outright said it because my day 1 reason still applies. Unfortunately I had to go so I didn't have any time to post my lynch in the end.

Halsey N. wrote:

Whoa hang on, why would you say it's exaggerated? I mean it's easy in hindsight (now that we know Shepherd is town) to say that Shepherd wasnt doing this with scum intent. But the reasons themselves are valid. Plus the key difference here is that the main point was the fact his intent didn't seem to match what he said in his post which made him look as if he is trying to coast through the game while trying to sound curious to gain towncred. The dazzling stuff about lurking were just add-ons to the main reason and so it doesn't make them horrible because it's not the sole reason why I am lynching him. The main reason comes from my analysis of his post rather than just textbook "scummy" reasons. Now I understand that carol dazzlingly posted why she thinks infernando is kinda scummy earlier day 3 which is to do with him lurking despite saying others (and his own partner) shouldn't be lurking. However what differentiates Shepherd from Infernando is my main point in lynching Shepherd since the other reasons about lurking and stuff are just add-ons that aren't good enough reasons to lynch on their own. This is why I dazzlingly thought Shepherd was scummier than Infernando.

Halsey N. wrote:

....well it's not, and I don't think it's carol's main sr read either. I am fairly sure carol was just continuing to go through everyone's ISO like she was doing in day 2 but her limited time is not letting her finish them.

Halsey N. wrote:

Nope I never backed off, I just happened to come online after he talked. If I did wait for him to talk like you said then I would have addressed those posts from you day 1 before he talked rather than in the same post.

Halsey N. wrote:

Caroline: Maybe not 100% sure, but not sure enough for a dazzling read unfortunately. I guess the 0.001% comes from the fact Halsey's has undeniably been driving this game forward which seems too good to be scum.

Ok Finally,

errrr "partway" doesn't mean carol was on the fence lmfao, it means she was partway through Shepherd's posts in the ISOs and ran out of time. This quote should clear this up:
Caroline M. wrote:
I know I'm like partway through shepherd's posts right now but I've ran out of time for today. I need to be somewhere in like half an hour and I do need the time to get there. This is another reason I've decided to do it like this, I can't even read everything in the time I have. It's literally too much. Let alone add something that my hydra hasn't already said.

Kimmy S. wrote:So apparently one of me doesn't appreciate the plan while I'm pretty sure I've moved on from that.

To the other me: Post other stuff rather than kick dead horses?

Caroline you appear to be scumreading Jeremiah, but you're not actually voting anyone right now, is there a reason why?
Because there's already 2 votes on Jeremiah and so I don't think it is necessary to put a 3rd vote on him when he hasnt even said anything day 3 yet.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:12 pm

I, and the dreary devils with me, believe that we should discuss fruiting. We believe that we should fruit tonight, so we can prevent a nightkill. If we don't prevent the nightkill all that will happen is that we will lose a townie and have less people to discuss with.

I will continue with my dreary list of reads, but right now I forgot about a family thing I needed to deal with and a lot of things I need to catch up on, I apologize for how little I am doing.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Halsey N. wrote:Jeremiah: In games like this, there is a good chance that most accounts have at least one player that knows what they’re doing in these anon games.  When that is the case, simply sitting around and waiting for someone to make a post that outs them as scum is pointless because the mafia likely knows how to seem clean.  Finding scum is harder when it’s like this, but obviously not impossible.  You have to look for the people that seem to be looking to help town, but really aren’t doing much at all to actually help them win.  I usually look for people who are scumreading based on something that isn’t logical, like a pre-game post.  The way Kimmy made his reads day 1 seemed to match this quite a bit to me.  He gave too much weight to certain things (yelled scum at Anima after her post asking for scumreads, lynched Halsey after accusing him of contributing nothing) instead of simply pointing them out and asking for explanations.  The only difference between his scumreads on Halsey and Anima was that Halsey responded and called him out on his reads.  If Anima had responded in the same way that Halsey did and properly defended herself, she very well could have survived day 1.  Although the sample size in this game is way to small to make conclusions, historically in these games calling out the first scummy thing people do and lynching them for it hasn’t worked out so well.  Scum factions have won exactly two thirds of these anon games, lots of times without losing a single member.  Expecting mafia to be dumb enough to make actions that would out themselves as scum early on is foolish behavior, and lynching the low hanging fruit every day is just going to result in town death after town death.  Going after people who act like they're looking for scum without ever making a logical read is the way to find the mafia, and so far the person that fits that profile to me is Kimmy.

Ok, time to comment on this. You know it's special when there is a single one of my posts dedicated to this. Let's start.

Ok so on the weight part, I really agree on that. When you said black and white, that meant you basically lynched him because of playstyle. Choose your words better next time (or you just made this u, but this was an explanation point and the point itself is legitimate so it stays). After this, I went back to see Kimmy's posts and see that he has nothing about Clara whatsoever. I mean, the hell Kimmy? Clara basically did what you stated was scummy and oh man, did she stereotype the hell out of it when he/she posted his/her readlist in the format that you ever hate so much and definitely saw and you didnt do anything at all??? I mean Kimmy, when you made that attack on me, it was just so messy. However, you had obv read the game when I think about it now since you stated the plan I had procured, but you used that as a support point for your lynch, not as the main idea. Ever since that attack on me, your posts have been lax and way different. However, you did hear me out at the end and that ended it which is very townlike. I need to look into that a little more and see if I missed anything. However, my point stands. Why didn't you go after Clara?

Expecting mafia to be dumb enough to make actions that would out themselves as scum early on is foolish behavior, and lynching the low hanging fruit every day is just going to result in town death after town death.

This is very true when I think about it (I have not joined many games so I did not consider this). However if you were so sure about this, why did  you lynch Anima? Had you explained this, I would've vouched for it. Eh, actually not. Would've said that because it's day 1, I wanted a lynch to see what was the game environment like. However, you not stating that reason and uling Anima is what gets me. This however now is most likely true imo since we learned about Anima's alignment, so now I would support this.

Kimmy S. wrote:Damn the curse known as new games. Sucked up all my attention from this ;;

So anyways, did a light skim since it's like 15 minutes away from my designated sleeping time and just going to respond to some of the most notable things I've seen. More extensive responses in like 18 hours, prioritising questions directed to me if I'm unable to respond thoroughly then.

Halsey is in my lock-town pool here, he's been very clear about everything and I feel scum is better off being ambiguous, which he's not.

Vote Jeremiah

Not been liking this guy since EoD1, notably how he just feels incredibly passive, as well as has the easiest reasons for their votes. A few of their posts alerted me too, notably the one about their read on me which I'll elaborate on soon after this post.

I want to see more of Cherry and Doctor Proctor tbh, Doctor Proctor promised more activity, but Cherry just doesn't feel present at all so far.

Reading back on Emmy and Shepherd

Btw here is the dazzling post I was talking about where Halsey made a point against Kimmy as to why he didn't go after clara when she did something that Kimmy is against. Firstly, can you explain what is it that Kimmy is against and what clara did that lines it up in such a dazzling fashion?

It also dazzles me to say that Kimmy here did exactly what Jeremiah did in late day 2, except Kimmy did it before Jeremiah and Kimmy's reason to townread Halsey in itself isn't flawed. However, like how I explained in Jeremiah's case, Kimmy posted this not too long after Halsey posted his post against Kimmy yet didn't address Halsey's point. He even said "More extensive responses in like 18 hours, prioritising questions directed to me if I'm unable to respond thoroughly then" but looking through his ISOs, he never addresses this point. He also "locktowned" halsey which could suggest that he was just trying to pat Halsey's back in the hopes of not needing to address his point.

Despite pointing this out against Kimmy, I feel like due to the dazzling chronology of these events (that Jeremiah did this after Halsey), it gives an even greater point against Jeremiah. Due to the fact Halsey didn't further prompt Kimmy after his post saying that he locktowns halsey, it seems as though Jeremiah did exactly the same thing in the hopes of Halsey not prompting Jeremiah either. It looks like it worked too because I find that i am having to dazzlingly prompt them rather than Halsey. It also begs the question, why isn't Halsey prompting them?

Finally here's something that I thought was weird and truly....dazzling!

Kimmy S. wrote:
Jeremiah you were scumreading Halsey most of Day 1, no? Actually, you didn't even be clear in your reads, then scumread me when I started forcing people into a "yes/no" position. Feels scum to me.

Now I looked through Jeremiah's ISOs and I didn't see any instances where Jeremiah scumread Halsey at all. It could be that Kimmy dazzlingly mixed up Cherry and Halsey so this isn't the weird part.

Jeremiah W. wrote:
It was my partner who SR'd Halsey most of D1, not me.
Now THIS is the weird part, truly dazzles me. I'd appreciate if someone else can check if Jeremiah scumread Halsey most of day 1 because I couldn't find a single instance. But Jeremiah literally just outright lied!
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Caroline M. wrote:I, and the dreary devils with me, believe that we should discuss fruiting. We believe that we should fruit tonight, so we can prevent a nightkill. If we don't prevent the nightkill all that will happen is that we will lose a townie and have less people to discuss with.

I will continue with my dreary list of reads, but right now I forgot about a family thing I needed to deal with and a lot of things I need to catch up on, I apologize for how little I am doing.

The gods of the razzle dazzle along with myself agree with the suggestion that we should fruit today. Currently we are 6v2, worst case scenario we will enter day 4 4v2 which is mylo where fruiting wont make a difference because mafia can just kill (again worst case scenario if we dont lynch a mafia) and its game over. Therefore it's much more dazzlingly safe to fruit tonight.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Votecount 3.1

Jeremiah W.(2)- Kimmy S., Emmy A.
Infernando G.(0)-
Kimmy S.(0)-
Cherry P.(0)-
Emmy A.(0)-
Halsey N.(0)-
Caroline M.(0)-
Clara H.(0)-
Not Voting(6)- Infernando G., Halsey N., Caroline M., Clara H., Jeremiah W., Cherry P.
There are 8 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 18th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Jeremiah W. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Caroline:Due to the fact Halsey didn't further prompt Kimmy after his post saying that he locktowns halsey, it seems as though Jeremiah did exactly the same thing in the hopes of Halsey not prompting Jeremiah either. It looks like it worked too because I find that i am having to dazzlingly prompt them rather than Halsey. It also begs the question, why isn't Halsey prompting them?

Oh, but I did prompt them and big. One of the reasons I lynched him was because of that (just haven't explained them yet) and it would've gone through if it wasn't for aj canceling my lynch out.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Caroline M. wrote:
Caroline M. wrote:I, and the dreary devils with me, believe that we should discuss fruiting. We believe that we should fruit tonight, so we can prevent a nightkill. If we don't prevent the nightkill all that will happen is that we will lose a townie and have less people to discuss with.

The gods of the razzle dazzle along with myself agree with the suggestion that we should fruit today. Currently we are 6v2, worst case scenario we will enter day 4  4v2 which is mylo where fruiting wont make a difference because mafia can just kill (again worst case scenario if we dont lynch a mafia) and its game over. Therefore it's much more dazzlingly safe to fruit tonight.

Also, I obviously agree with this. I'll be posting in some mins/hours + mins soon (depending on how I'm feeling tbh because I've been a little busy) about what I promised I would post (questions/points + Jeremiah's lynch)
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Halsey N. wrote:Caroline:Due to the fact Halsey didn't further prompt Kimmy after his post saying that he locktowns halsey, it seems as though Jeremiah did exactly the same thing in the hopes of Halsey not prompting Jeremiah either. It looks like it worked too because I find that i am having to dazzlingly prompt them rather than Halsey. It also begs the question, why isn't Halsey prompting them?

Oh, but I did prompt them and big. One of the reasons I lynched him was because of that (just haven't explained them yet) and it would've gone through if it wasn't for aj canceling my lynch out.

Oh you did? Time to go on a dazzling search expedition because i have nothing better to do
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next