PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

+8
Kimmy S.
Anima V.
Emmy A.
Cherry P.
Clara H.
Jeremiah W.
Infernando G.
ajhockeystar
12 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra - Page 14 Empty Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Correcting myself Cherry. The first question I did indeed answer 3-4 times.

The second one I answered only 1 time but it was shown 2 times irrc (this includes the 1st time). The other time was Emmy stating it.

Alright gtg now, brb soon.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Caroline M. wrote:You mean, it dazzled your eyes! Ayyyyy
Game 32: Farmer's Hydra - Page 14 E54

Halsey N. wrote:Correcting myself Cherry. The first question I did indeed answer 3-4 times.

The second one I answered only 1 time but it was shown 2 times irrc (this includes the 1st time). The other time was Emmy stating it.  

just restate yourself, i've been doing it (at least most of the time) and i'd expect the same from anyone else
i'm still going to look back but i'd appreciate you restating yourself nonetheless
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Caroline M. wrote:
Anima V. wrote:?

I've been thinking about the dazzling significance of this post. Like why the dazzle would either scum!Anima or town!Anima just post a question mark and then just leave? We've seen the fact anima has come online quite a few times during the time she was inactive so its not like she's confused and is like "what just happened?" since it seems as if she was keeping up without actually posting. It could be that one anima was logging on without posting while the other anima didnt log on for a while, but it would make a lot more sense to tell us about it + produce a dazzling defense. The only dazzling explanation that seems to make a bit of sense to me is that a scum!Anima posted a question mark in the hope of inducing wifom. The problem is this wifom is still affecting me and I am still unsure on where to place my lynch. I thinking that since there are already like 3 lynches on Anima, I dont think my own lynch on her will be that useful since she's probs gonna get lynched via plur anyway. So perhaps I could lynch Shepherd as a way to pressure him to speak up day 2?  
So I mentioned my thoughts on the lack of activity from Shepherd and Anima above, although I wasn't as direct as I should have been. Basically, if Shepherd doesn't post soon he will be subbed out, while Anima, having posted more recently, was in no such danger. When I saw Halsey saying she was continually logging in I actually thought she was preparing some massive wallpost, so I found the "?" disappointing, to say the least. More specifically though, in indicated to me that she did in fact have the time to post but intentionally chose to not give a reason for her activity level. If Anima is in fact confused about something and reads this prior to EoD, she should explain what it is that confuses her (and ideally provide her own reads as well). The problem is that I can't come up with a reason why Anima as town would just post a question mark that isn't as stretchy as a rubber band-even the "one Anima came online without posting and the other didn't log in and that's why they posted the question mark and ONLY the question mark" is a really specific scenario with nothing backing it up over any other.

I'm seeing in this text window that Anima bolded the question mark. No clue if this means anything, if someone's noticing something I'm not please explain.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Halsey N. wrote:

Also Caroline, I asked this questions 3 times.... You know the one with the question mark.... (Kimmy redirected it to you making it 4 times) (actually he asked a variation so I will ask mine again)

Caroline M. wrote:
You know, at first I was kind of wary of Halsey, they seemed kind of scummy to me. But after the explanation I have to wonder, perhaps one of them did the scummy thing and the other turned it into their great masterplan. This is also something we have to consider after all.

If this was a normal game I would be inclined to trust Halsey, but this is hydra. And one personality making themselves seem scummy, with the other covering it up, doesn't seem that impossible.

Kimmy: Assume this is the case. Would you, in this situation, believe that it's a town hydra with a one head messing up, or a scum hydra with one head good at covering up?

MY QUESTION: So am I less scummy because of this being hydra or more because of this being hydra?

Umm and I am pretty sure I've dazzlingly answered this like twice already? You are more scummy because of this being hydra due to the fact that the situation I am describing must involve a hydra. If you were on your own then obviously you wouldnt have a hydra to cover.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:46 pm

I am just giving some thoughts on these 3 most discussed players by going through their ISOs. Let me note here that: THIS IS MORE OF A JOURNAL RATHER THAN A WELL-SUPPORTED ESSAY. I AM JUST GIVING MY REACTIONS (so you guys don't be like that point was useless, why mention it? Well, I will mention everything that comes to mind)

Jeremiah: In his early posts, I don't like the fact the he just kinda glanced over the theme and be like "meh, this is just vanilla". The fact the he said "town has no actual reason to give fruit" seems to me that he didn't put much thought into any sort of strategies. Furthermore, when Halsey posted the "redundant" post, Jeremiah claimed that "we've discussed this already"; I would like to mention that he didn't participate much in the formation of any chain strategies. I also am not sure why he unlynched Cherry - at first, he said it was no harm to keep the lynch on Cherry. Then, he went through Cherry's posts and unlynched her, which I find weird because you just said it was no harm and you also didn't look into others like you said you would. (Note: After reading through the ISOs, I have seen that Jeremiah defended against this point. I am still not fully convinced but noted.) I do like his read list a lot - especially because since no one really forced him to do so (if i'm not wrong). I don't agree/am confused about sth i.e. how Anima "reacted to pressure poorly" (if at all she had a reaction) etc. I also am curious about why he didn't lynch anyone, especially after making such a big read list.

Cherry: I agree on the consensus that the RVS lynch was weak because she didn't provide reasons/provided weird reasons and seems to have back-tracked later on by explaining her though process which was missing in the initial lynch. I do like that she reacts to many other posts, but I would like to hear some of her own thoughts too mainly because she is so far commenting on what others think about her and not what she thinks about the game. (Sorry if this is seriously declining in quality, I have to go soon)

I would have liked to comment on Halsey too but I don't think I have the time. I do think he is more townie than Cherry though at least, and I am not sure where I would put Jeremiah. He seems to me like a possible mafia, but so far no evidence is enough to convince me fully. Hope you find this useful. See you later.
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Emmy A. wrote:
Caroline M. wrote:

I've been thinking about the dazzling significance of this post. Like why the dazzle would either scum!Anima or town!Anima just post a question mark and then just leave? We've seen the fact anima has come online quite a few times during the time she was inactive so its not like she's confused and is like "what just happened?" since it seems as if she was keeping up without actually posting. It could be that one anima was logging on without posting while the other anima didnt log on for a while, but it would make a lot more sense to tell us about it + produce a dazzling defense. The only dazzling explanation that seems to make a bit of sense to me is that a scum!Anima posted a question mark in the hope of inducing wifom. The problem is this wifom is still affecting me and I am still unsure on where to place my lynch. I thinking that since there are already like 3 lynches on Anima, I dont think my own lynch on her will be that useful since she's probs gonna get lynched via plur anyway. So perhaps I could lynch Shepherd as a way to pressure him to speak up day 2?  
So I mentioned my thoughts on the lack of activity from Shepherd and Anima above, although I wasn't as direct as I should have been. Basically, if Shepherd doesn't post soon he will be subbed out, while Anima, having posted more recently, was in no such danger. When I saw Halsey saying she was continually logging in I actually thought she was preparing some massive wallpost, so I found the "?" disappointing, to say the least. More specifically though, in indicated to me that she did in fact have the time to post but intentionally chose to not give a reason for her activity level. If Anima is in fact confused about something and reads this prior to EoD, she should explain what it is that confuses her (and ideally provide her own reads as well). The problem is that I can't come up with a reason why Anima as town would just post a question mark that isn't as stretchy as a rubber band-even the "one Anima came online without posting and the other didn't log in and that's why they posted the question mark and ONLY the question mark" is a really specific scenario with nothing backing it up over any other.

I'm seeing in this text window that Anima bolded the question mark. No clue if this means anything, if someone's noticing something I'm not please explain.

So would you say the most plausible explanation is my suggestion that she is trying to induce wifom? I am currently suffering from it which is why I suggested the shepherd thing, but I do see your point about him being subbed out. What I dont want however is his sub also going inactive which is why a lynch could help prevent that.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Proctor Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:49 pm

One last thing: Can someone state clearly what we need to do tonight? We are following the randomized list of the lynched player right? Please confirm so I don't make stupid mistakes.
Dr. Proctor
Dr. Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:50 pm

we're just passing down the playerlist tonight
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:50 pm

and i pass to clara
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Soft of. I think she's trying to use a form of wifom that makes her look like a confused townie (like someone overwhelmed by the number of pages/posts), but if she's town I don't see why she'd just say what she meant exactly. I think she's being intentionally vague in the hope that we save her for later.

Since it's Day 1, I think it's better to wait on lynching Shepherd. If we get into Day 2 and he hasn't been subbed out it means he's implementing a strategy that involves lurking, which would be indicative of scum.

@Dr. Proctor: What Cherry said basically, unless Anima returns and gives us a list.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:52 pm

I failed at typing. It should say "I don't see why she wouldn't just say what she meant exactly."
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Interesting thing the proc doc dazzlingly brought up that I didnt actually notice before is when jeremiah said "anima reacting to pressure poorly". Now unless I am mistaken, there wasnt really much pressure (if any at all) on anima before she posted the "pls post 3 scumreads k thx bye". So its not that she reacted poorly to pressure, she simply just made a scummy play. I feel like this is dazzlingly big point against Anima but does this say anything about Jeremiah? It could just be a misrecollection of memory but it seems as if Jeremiah wants to back up the fact that his decision in holding back and not doing much day 1 is the right decision, which I believe is dazzlingly outrageous.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Going back and looking at the timing of Jeremiah's post, I'm pretty sure it's meant to refer to "?".
That said, he's definitely trying to backup his idea of not lynching Day 1:

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Jeremiah W. wrote:On day 1, I think people are still trying to get accustomed to the game and tend to say or do things that can be interpreted as a scumslip.  When people don't have much to go off of, they latch to these small bits of info and pressure them on it, and sometimes the player will respond poorly or simply go inactive and not respond at all, and then we have a dead townie day 1.  When I referred to the day 1 lynch as a roll of that dice, that's what I meant by it.

A player like Anima is what I was referring to here.  As of now, it seems likely that she will be lynched today, and there's a good chance statistically that she's simply a townie who fell behind and made an attempt to get caught up on the game that was viewed as scummy, and responded to the pressure poorly.  Obviously the chance exists that she is indeed a scum that just played a very poor day 1, but that usually isn't the case.

I find something else Doccy Proccy mentioned about Jeremiah more interesting. Jeremiah started out talking about how the setup was basically Vanilla and didn't involve himself much in the claim strategies, yet he later told Halsey "we already discussed that" as though he'd been involved in that decision. It's a small thing, but the collective "we" feels off, as looking back he basically just says "that's a fairly solid plan" and "let's stick to circles." It feels as if he's taking credit for something he was barely involved in, if that makes sense.

Just remembered that Anima also had something she said she wanted to save for Day 2. You should say that now, in addition to the other things requested.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:15 pm

Caroline M. wrote:Interesting thing the proc doc dazzlingly brought up that I didnt actually notice before is when jeremiah said "anima reacting to pressure poorly". Now unless I am mistaken, there wasnt really much pressure (if any at all) on anima before she posted the "pls post 3 scumreads k thx bye". So its not that she reacted poorly to pressure, she simply just made a scummy play. I feel like this is dazzlingly big point against Anima but does this say anything about Jeremiah? It could just be a misrecollection of memory but it seems as if Jeremiah wants to back up the fact that his decision in holding back and not doing much day 1 is the right decision, which I believe is dazzlingly outrageous.

Anima's poor response to pressure wasn't the top 3 scumread post.  When she comes back to a game where she had 3 votes against her with people asking her to defend herself and she responded with "?", that's when I felt she responded poorly to pressure. (Pre Edit: Emmy just pointed this out as well, I'll respond to her in a sec)

I don't remember ever saying that sitting back and doing nothing day 1 was a good strategy.  All I said was that in my experience, one day of content usually isn't enough to create solid reads on the entire game from.  Now, in most cases games don't have 14 pages of posts by the end of day 1, but they do usually have 2 or more inactive players/lurkers that tend to get lynched early on- this game arguably has 4 of them (although Infernado and Dr. P are starting to get caught up).  I'd gotten used to the anon games where 18 pages of posts are made throughout the entire game, and in those situations it gets really tough to make solid reads when most people have the same amount of posts in the whole game as Infernando has now.  I will concede now that scumhunting day 1 could work out very well considering the amount of content we already have in this game, but I still contend that a player like Anima could very likely just be a townie that got screwed by missing out on 10 pages of posts and then made a poor choice in asking for scumreads from everyone that resulted in her being lynched.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:20 pm

If you think Anima was town, what do you think she intended with the question mark?

Follow up for that actually: Looking at your readlist, Anima is your strongest scumlean, so what would you say your read is on her and if you were to lynch today who would it be?
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Emmy,
When I glanced at the rolelist originally before the game started, I didn't really understand what the fruit were for, so I asked the rest of the game about them when it started. I admit that the idea for a fruit passing circle didn't cross my mind, and then discussion continues. Later on in the day, Halsey comes bursting in with this idea of a fruit passing circle and suggests it to the other players in the game. I, one of the other players in the game, inform him that discussion bringing up this point had already occurred, and the upsides as well as the downsides had been determined. You take the "we" as if I'm saying that I was responsible for all the fruit discussion, when all I meant to say was that the discussion already happened.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Caroline M. wrote:Interesting thing the proc doc dazzlingly brought up that I didnt actually notice before is when jeremiah said "anima reacting to pressure poorly". Now unless I am mistaken, there wasnt really much pressure (if any at all) on anima before she posted the "pls post 3 scumreads k thx bye". So its not that she reacted poorly to pressure, she simply just made a scummy play. I feel like this is dazzlingly big point against Anima but does this say anything about Jeremiah? It could just be a misrecollection of memory but it seems as if Jeremiah wants to back up the fact that his decision in holding back and not doing much day 1 is the right decision, which I believe is dazzlingly outrageous.

Anima's poor response to pressure wasn't the top 3 scumread post.  When she comes back to a game where she had 3 votes against her with people asking her to defend herself and she responded with "?", that's when I felt she responded poorly to pressure. (Pre Edit: Emmy just pointed this out as well, I'll respond to her in a sec)

I don't remember ever saying that sitting back and doing nothing day 1 was a good strategy.  All I said was that in my experience, one day of content usually isn't enough to create solid reads on the entire game from.  Now, in most cases games don't have 14 pages of posts by the end of day 1, but they do usually have 2 or more inactive players/lurkers that tend to get lynched early on- this game arguably has 4 of them (although Infernado and Dr. P are starting to get caught up).  I'd gotten used to the anon games where 18 pages of posts are made throughout the entire game, and in those situations it gets really tough to make solid reads when most people have the same amount of posts in the whole game as Infernando has now.  I will concede now that scumhunting day 1 could work out very well considering the amount of content we already have in this game, but I still contend that a player like Anima could very likely just be a townie that got screwed by missing out on 10 pages of posts and then made a poor choice in asking for scumreads from everyone that resulted in her being lynched.

Yeah sorry for misrecalling the dazzling time context of your post, but it still brings up a point against anima that her decision to ask for scum reads wasnt under much (or any) sort of pressure which makes it fairly unlikely that its coming from a town!Anima
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Jeremiah W. wrote:Emmy,
         When I glanced at the rolelist originally before the game started, I didn't really understand what the fruit were for, so I asked the rest of the game about them when it started.  I admit that the idea for a fruit passing circle didn't cross my mind, and then discussion continues.  Later on in the day, Halsey comes bursting in with this idea of a fruit passing circle and suggests it to the other players in the game.  I, one of the other players in the game, inform him that discussion bringing up this point had already occurred, and the upsides as well as the downsides had been determined.  You take the "we" as if I'm saying that I was responsible for all the fruit discussion, when all I meant to say was that the discussion already happened.
This is what I'm thinking was the more likely case; it's the "we" specifically that threw me off; thank you.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Based on the context of the situation (3 lynches on her after she suggested everyone post their scumreads, preceded by a spell of inactivity), I don't think Anima is this scum mastermind who is attempting to change the course of the lynch with a single punctuation.  I feel like she just feels overwhelmed by all the pressure she's receiving, and it might be discouraging her from wanting to get fully back into the game considering that her situation is so bleak.  She very well could be scum, but I hope for scum's sake that they're a bit harder to detect than that in a game like this.

If I were to lynch someone right now, I would lynch Kimmy.  His manner of scumhunting is simply way too black and white, which I don't view as logicial.  I don't feel like a manner of scumhunting like Kimmy's can consistently lead to finding scum. Obviously, this doesn't mean that he has to be scum himself, but I don't have any strong scumreads at the moment, as most of the super active players in this game have overwhelmingly demonstrated town qualities.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:39 pm

I'd like to clarify a bit on Anima though. Although I think she might really be town, it doesn't make much sense to keep someone who has provided nothing but confusion for the entire game (We have paragraphs of discussion about a bolded question mark) alive. Since she hasn't added any meaningful content to any of this games discussions besides the fruit passing at the beginning, I am not opposed to an Anima lynch.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Cherry P. wrote:
Caroline M. wrote:You mean, it dazzled your eyes! Ayyyyy
Game 32: Farmer's Hydra - Page 14 E54

Halsey N. wrote:Correcting myself Cherry. The first question I did indeed answer 3-4 times.

just restate yourself, i've been doing it (at least most of the time) and i'd expect the same from anyone else
i'm still going to look back but i'd appreciate you restating yourself nonetheless

1st Question's Answer:
Halsey: I didn't really claim I understood, I feel like I understood after. Also, I already stated why I thought all of this. I read the game fast in order to catch up with you guys and might have mixed up some posts with others. I did correct what I stated however before anybody even brought that up, so I don't see how I would be scummy about that.

Halsey (a part of another post): Quick reading I did do (this did not allow me to differentiate posts in my head as well like I stated so I got some statements mixed up). I however corrected myself immediately like stated before any confusion arose (or atleast to an extreme level).

2nd Question's Answer:
Halsey: So can I to the same degree. Let's say "WE" became dumb for a second if anybody can figure out what I meant about that since I can't really delve into it because of rules.

(I suggest you control paste that from my tag name so you can read all about that since I feel that answer by itself out of context might be a little confusing)
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:44 pm

Caroline M. wrote:

It's not pressure if outright blatantly stated. I also don't like that post. That last sentence feels like attempting to take towncred or fear of lynching him due to people questioning you for why you lynched him. Can you explain what is the benefit of stating that to begin with?

Also, you didn't answer my question, you just stated hypothetical situations that if they were to be real, would make me scummy. You never said I was scummy to begin with directly until now.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Well you didn't answer it until you said you "answered it twice"
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Halsey N.
Cherry P.
Caroline M.
Anima V.
Kimmy S.
Shepherd D.
Jeremiah W.
Clara H.
Infernando G.
Dr. Proctor
Emmy A.

I mean order from up or down doesn't matter. Well this list was provided by random . org's handy list generator. Btw, are we passing to the right or to the left of the playerlist?
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Well down or up
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content