PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 6: Black Flag Nightless

+9
Hajime U.
Mason A.
Bailey E.
Satchel N.
Areal I.
Huromi M.
Duplica W.
Jeanette C.
ajhockeystar
13 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Game 6: Black Flag Nightless - Page 11 Empty Re: Game 6: Black Flag Nightless

Post by Areal I. Fri May 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Jeanette C. wrote:Just pointing out that just because I state my opinion, by ALL means think about what I say and ask if it actually makes sense - then you can come up with your own conclusion about your own reads. I don't post to spew gospel, but rather try to come up with discussion topics. By no means are you obligated to agree with what I say (in fact, contesting is more exciting!).

This makes no sense, Jeanette! What are you talking about, contesting? I thought we need to work as a team!
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Fri May 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Satchel N. wrote:
Areal I. wrote:
Satchel N. wrote:I read all of Chaz's posts.

They are town

Satchel, no one cares and no one believes you. You are just bandwagoning everyone else's town read on Chaz, and you are scum. You haven't contributed to the conversation, just repeated other people's reads.

The above is what the general consensus on your alignment will be if you don't support the reasoning of your town reads, so please explain why Chaz's posts are town. You can even say somehing like, "Chaz's post are town because, like Jeanette said..." and borrow someone else's reasoning. If you don't star backing up your reads, we will probably have to lynch you.
Well lord, since you ask, you shall receive.

Chaz's scumhunting looks genuine, which is why I townread him.

I would like to point out that things aren't always as they seem. Someone's scumhunting could be a way to seem town.

inb4 we lynch hajime and he's maf
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Fri May 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Satchel N. wrote:Vote: Hajime U.

It has to be this. Everyone else is town.

Satchel, I would like to point out to you that this does not, by any means, convince me that Hajime is mafia, because for all I know, your "this is town" reads were just immediate impressions. In fact, the one person you want to lynch is the person who has talked least, which is a tactic commonly used by the mafia to kill someone that isn't linked to them. If you were to convince us that the people you read as town were town, then we may believe you in your arguments.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Fri May 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Votecount 2.1

Hajime U.(1): Satchel N.
Duplica W.(0):
Satchel N.(0):
Huromi M.(0):
Chaz R.(0):
Yuriko P.(0):
Mason A.(0):
Jeanette C.(0):
Areal I.(0):
Not Voting(8): Hajime U., Huromi M., Areal I., Chaz R., Yuriko P., Mason A., Duplica W., Jeanette C.
There are 9 people so it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday the 10th at 9pm EST.

Plurality applies. If the deadline was now, Hajime U. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Fri May 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Satchel N. wrote:
Hajime U. wrote:well i might as well try to vote to spur some more discussion alien lol! queen jocolor geek king farao albino cherry Sleep sunny farao wait thats been done Sad Sad, i'm not good at discussion, so i shall flee *Hajime U. Flees*
You know, I really want to policy lynch you for this. but this is too scummy to be scum, I'm reading you as town

This is weird...so you say this guy is town then you go off and say he is the only one who is not town and you have cleared the rest? Dat contradiction tho....

Also, there are 2 mafia but you said he is the only one left. So are you implying that you are the 2nd mafia?
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Fri May 09, 2014 6:34 pm

My current reads:

1. Satchel: Scum
    He seems particularly reluctant to give us any reasoning for his actions, despite being asked by multiple individuals. This has been his attitude all game, and his repeated defense is that wall posts are not as informative. Well, admittedly you do have to read through longer posts to get the main idea, but not being willing to read is no excuse at all. Even if he is town, there is little benefit to somebody who does not back up their opinions at all, so he wouldn't be helpful in the future. I wanted to point out what Chaz just did - making Hajime the /only/ option was very weird because there are two Mafia remaining. What made you rule out Huromi and Yuriko, then, Satchel? I could see a scumteam of Satchel + one of the other inactives, even Hajime (despite his vote on Hajime).
  2. Hajime: Leaning Scum
    Also unwilling to give us any information. It seems like several of the active posters in the game significantly lean town, so I could see scum being hesitant to post due to the ease of them being called out when they do slip up. Hajime has even posted that he knows that discussion is going on, but because people are posting he does not want to participate. Like, what? Could be a Village Idiot but also unhelpful either way.  
  3. Areal: Null, Leaning Scum
    My analysis of the Bailey wagon definitely made me consider Areal as scum. However, wariness of Chaz's plan did not strike me as scummy at the time because the peculiarity of Chaz was on my mind too (I just didn't bring it up because Chaz was just becoming active at that point in the game, and it sounded like he had something interesting going on so I didn't want to disturb). Furthermore, recent interactions makes me think that Areal is just an active townie who likes to question others, and I get the impression that she genuinely cares for this game. Her insistence against the Bailey lynch worries me, though I note that my very early assessment of a possible Areal + Satchel scumteam is looking less likely.
  4. Yuriko: Null
    Don't really have much on you.
  5. Huromi: Null
    Nothing on you either. Please speak up.
  6. Mason: Leaning Town
    Very active in the beginning, has kind of taken a secondary role in the game recently. Mason is involved and brings up logical points when he posts, but he has seemed to be neutral in almost every analysis that he gives. He honestly could be a well hidden scum because nobody particular suspects him - he posts consistently enough with enough content that we don't notice him, but in actuality he does not really bring much of his own opinion to the table. I thought he seemed kinda scummy after the Bailey lynch, but his defense makes me feel slightly better. I might want to do an ISO of Mason later - other's opinions on Mason would be helpful too.
  7. Chaz: Town
    I liked his plan actually, and his enthusiasm for catching scum. I don't realistically see Chaz being scum at this point, hopefully he isn't pulling the sheep's cloth over my eyes!
  8. Duplica: Town
    I did an analysis on my Duplica townread earlier, and nothing has changed to make me waver from that point.

For these reasons, I will place my current vote:
Lynch Satchel
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jeanette_Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Fri May 09, 2014 7:56 pm

make sure to lynch hajime tommorow
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Fri May 09, 2014 7:57 pm

I read huriomi as town, yuriko was town as well ergo?

Obviously I'm missing one scum, but it doesn't matter anyway
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Fri May 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Areal I. wrote:
Satchel N. wrote:
Areal I. wrote:
Satchel N. wrote:I read all of Chaz's posts.

They are town

Satchel, no one cares and no one believes you. You are just bandwagoning everyone else's town read on Chaz, and you are scum. You haven't contributed to the conversation, just repeated other people's reads.

The above is what the general consensus on your alignment will be if you don't support the reasoning of your town reads, so please explain why Chaz's posts are town. You can even say somehing like, "Chaz's post are town because, like Jeanette said..." and borrow someone else's reasoning. If you don't star backing up your reads, we will probably have to lynch you.
Well lord, since you ask, you shall receive.

Chaz's scumhunting looks genuine, which is why I townread him.

I would like to point out that things aren't always as they seem. Someone's scumhunting could be a way to seem town.

inb4 we lynch hajime and he's maf
Which is why I said genuine.
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Fri May 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Chaz R. wrote:
Satchel N. wrote:
Hajime U. wrote:well i might as well try to vote to spur some more discussion alien lol! queen jocolor geek king farao albino cherry Sleep sunny farao wait thats been done Sad Sad, i'm not good at discussion, so i shall flee *Hajime U. Flees*
You know, I really want to policy lynch you for this. but this is too scummy to be scum, I'm reading you as town

This is weird...so you say this guy is town then you go off and say he is the only one who is not town and you have cleared the rest? Dat contradiction tho....

Also, there are 2 mafia but you said he is the only one left. So are you implying that you are the 2nd mafia?
II was pretty sure that was huriomi, but whatever ill check.

Yes you can vote hajimev to see what happens
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Fri May 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Lynch Satchel N.

I know that I labeled you as lazy but innocent before, but now you are being less of a help than the inactives; the inactives have a chance to come on and help, but you refuse to help. You think that labeling everyone but an inactive as town is helping us, but without showing us interesting observations and instead only giving us your first impressions, you are giving us nothing. Since we can afford four mislynches, I say we cut off this dead weight.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Sat May 10, 2014 1:14 am

Jeanette C. wrote:My current reads:
Mason: Leaning Town
Very active in the beginning, has kind of taken a secondary role in the game recently. Mason is involved and brings up logical points when he posts, but he has seemed to be neutral in almost every analysis that he gives. He honestly could be a well hidden scum because nobody particular suspects him - he posts consistently enough with enough content that we don't notice him, but in actuality he does not really bring much of his own opinion to the table. I thought he seemed kinda scummy after the Bailey lynch, but his defense makes me feel slightly better. I might want to do an ISO of Mason later - other's opinions on Mason would be helpful too.

Yeah, just like Duplica, I have my own set of exams that I have to deal with; they started around the time that I first disappeared for a couple days and will probably be continuing to the end of this game, so that's nice. I'll still try to be as active as possible, though.

Satchel N. wrote:I read huriomi as town, yuriko was town as well ergo?

Obviously I'm missing one scum, but it doesn't matter anyway

Satchel N. wrote:make sure to lynch hajime tommorow

Anyways, I don't know why, but i'm feeling kind of... off about this lynch. Satchel seems to have just given up, and I honestly thought he would attempt to defend himself if he was the target of the lynch. I personally think that Hajime would be a better lynch option than Satchel at the moment, although i'm slightly suspicious of Satchel for just... behaving the way he is now. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but something just doesn't feel right about the lynch to me.
Mason A.
Mason A.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ranger_Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sat May 10, 2014 1:39 am

Mason, if you feel that Hajime would be a better lynch than Satchel, you should... actually lynch Hajime then. I actually have a similar feeling in that Satchel's reaction did not sound that scummy, but in your case you have a vote - why don't you use it?
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jeanette_Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Duplica W. Sat May 10, 2014 4:04 am

Vote: Satchel N.

Policy Lynch. Your play doesn't help town in the very least. Also, you want us to lynch Hajime tomorrow right? Sure, we can! IF you give us a reason.
Duplica W.
Duplica W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Huromi M. Sat May 10, 2014 4:58 am

Sorry if I'm not posting much. I tried to understand what's going on but this conversation has progressed so far and fast I've been falling behind at many points. I think I'm fine now though Smile.

I agree with Jeanette's point, and for that reason I will place my vote on: Satchel N.
Huromi M.
Huromi M.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sat May 10, 2014 6:55 am

Satchel N. is at L-1, and deadline is in 14 hours and 5 minutes from the time of this post.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Sat May 10, 2014 8:51 am

I notice a lot of bandwagoing going on here, but I think enough points have been made to make Satchel the best lynch option now.

So Hajime, Yuriko, and Mason haven't voted, right?
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sat May 10, 2014 10:40 am

Hmmmm I am gonna quickly check something, I have a feeling something is going on
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sat May 10, 2014 11:15 am

This may sound scummy but Satchel is not mafia. I will explain, but first let us review the position of mafia. Bailey is down and there are 2 left, the 2 remaining become lovers which means if one is lynched then both die.

I am pretty sure you guys realise this by now so I won't linger on the fact that mafia cant lynch another mafia to make themselves look town and all dat jazz.

So how does this link to Satchel not being mafia? Did you guys not realise that EVERYBODY went against him? If he really was mafia then he would technically be on his own. However there are 2 mafia and if one mafia lynches the other, its Game Over.

I am sure the first thing that pops up into your head now is that "what if his partner mafia is one of the 2 inactive guys?" The 2 inactive guys do know that mafia are in a CRITICAL POINT in the game as they did come online after the bailey lynch, so if they know how vital this position is then they cannot afford to be inactive and they would defend satchel as much as possible. But they are inactive and satchel is on his own, so how can he really be mafia?

Therefore I am pretty sure satchel is not mafia.

Oh and I forgot to mention, you would be thinking "well Chaz, arent you defending him meaning that you and him are mafia according to your explanation?" Yes, I am most certainly defending him because I thought of the situation as a game rather than as a person which is what you guys are doing. But before I realised this, I was in fact against Satchel.
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Sat May 10, 2014 1:37 pm

I understand that Satchel has a good chance of being town, but the way I see it, Satchel is no help to us and never will be a help to us. He is too stubborn to actually help. I think that the inactives have more of a chance to come on and help us than Satchel has to actually help us.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Sat May 10, 2014 2:09 pm

I've been thinking, and I've realized something.

Chaz was deemed town because of his brilliant "plan", right? Well, if he is, by some stretch of the imagination, the mafia, then wouldn't he tell his mafia chum not to mention Bailey? Chaz then could put the blame on someone else, or just reveal his plan and admit no one fell for it. Now, with his defense of Satchel, it is possible that they are the mafia team. Please give your thoughts on this.

It's also possible that one of the inactives completely forgot about the game and hasn't come back. I figure this is also worth mentioning.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sat May 10, 2014 2:11 pm

I understand that he is pretty much no use to town, but I don't want town to be so focused on him. We can lynch people to get us reads on other people but seeing as tho satchel is town and everyone is against him, it doesnt help town accelerate
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sat May 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Areal I. wrote:ve been thinking, and I've realized something.

Chaz was deemed town because of his brilliant "plan", right? Well, if he is, by some stretch of the imagination, the mafia, then wouldn't he tell his mafia chum not to mention Bailey? Chaz then could put the blame on someone else, or just reveal his plan and admit no one fell for it. Now, with his defense of Satchel, it is possible that they are the mafia team. Please give your thoughts on this.

It's also possible that one of the inactives completely forgot about the game and hasn't come back. I figure this is also worth mentioning.

Well according to most of the town people, I have been deemed town not coz of my town but my enthusiasm of scumhunting in general. You could be correct to an extent but the thing is what do you mean by "put the blame on someone else" also, if I really was mafia, I wouldnt be so stupid to not tell satchel to write more coz it obviously would get him as scum meaning I am in trouble
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sat May 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Its supposed to be "not coz of my plan but my enthusiasm of scumhunting in general"
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Sat May 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Jeanette C. wrote:Mason, if you feel that Hajime would be a better lynch than Satchel, you should... actually lynch Hajime then. I actually have a similar feeling in that Satchel's reaction did not sound that scummy, but in your case you have a vote - why don't you use it?

Vote: Hajime

I was actually going to vote Hajime, but I guess I forgot to do so. Anyways, the reasoning I have for this vote is that Hajime has neither contributed anything to the conversation nor posted very much at all. Even Satchel, who really hasn't said anything that is too productive, has been posting somewhat frequently, whereas Hajime hasn't really posted. Another reason for this would simply be that Satchel would have a chance to try and contribute something more if we don't lynch him today.... with that said, Satchel, could you show that you can contribute to the level that everyone else wants you to and add reasons as to why Hajime should be lynched instead of you?
Mason A.
Mason A.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ranger_Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next