PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 6: Black Flag Nightless

+9
Hajime U.
Mason A.
Bailey E.
Satchel N.
Areal I.
Huromi M.
Duplica W.
Jeanette C.
ajhockeystar
13 posters

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Game 6: Black Flag Nightless - Page 10 Empty Re: Game 6: Black Flag Nightless

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 7:43 pm

ok me too Smile
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Wed May 07, 2014 8:23 pm

I feel kind of awkward now because there's nothing I think I can contribute at this moment... but i'm just going to post so you guys know i'm here and not absent. If there's anything you'd like my input on, please ask (i'm unsure if there is anything that you guys would want my input on, hence why I haven't talked about anything relevant in this post...)
Mason A.
Mason A.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ranger_Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 8:31 pm

I looked through your ISO and for one, I don't think you've commented on your thoughts on Chaz's plan - also your read on Chaz in general.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jeanette_Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Wed May 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Areal I. wrote:Satchel, I think you are town. Although you didn't give much support to your ideas, I think that you were lazy because it was only day one.
Well no, I'm not sure why Im called lazy because im not wall posting

Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Jeanette C. wrote:The difference between three word reads and "extensive wall posts" is that we don't get to see your logic of thinking about a read if you just state someone is town/scum and leave with nothing else. If the purpose is just to answer our questions as to who you think is scum, then there is no difference. But if the purpose is to actually scumhunt, then you can help with that process by demonstrating why you made these reads, and try to convince us to take your point of view. That is one reason to explain your reads. Another importance for your analysis is that from our point of view, you can help show that you are town if we can follow your logic of thinking - that way you show that you have actually been making the effort to find the scum. I don't necessarily mean you need to write the Mahabharata (though that would be fun!), but occasional reactions and responses would be more helpful.

For Yuriko, I appreciate you getting into this game! (Huromi also posted too, yay.) I'm pretty sure that I am the only person that has seen Satchel as scummy (need to look through previous posts to verify) - I think Mason and Areal at least have said that they believe Satchel is town. My read stems from what I said above in this post - that Satchel is doing the minimal amount it takes to "seem" like he is helping town without actually being productive.

Areal can respond to Satchel's question about Areal's post because I, too, was not sure what your main read on Satchel was - it did seem like Areal was being wishy-washy there.

My scumhunting is a two-step process: Identifying scum, then convincing town that they're scum.

It's still stage 1
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Wed May 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Well, wasn't Chaz's plan essentially to try and get people worried about there being a complicated plan to lure out the mafia, but all that was aiming to do was to just see who would comment on it and try to get chaz lynched, thus making them look as scum? I personally did not understand the plan and thought it originally did make Chaz look scummy (since it seemed strange, in my opinion), although when he clarified it did make sense. I'm leaning towards Chaz as a town for contributing to discussion, and for attempting to make a plan to identify mafia (although I personally think it was flawed, in the ways Areal has already commented on). It's not as definite of a town as I think you are, Jeanette (given the vote to lynch Bailey) but its rather definite. I'm leaning towards Areal and Chaz being town, and i've decided I really don't have enough information to get a read on Duplica and Satchel, although I don't see either of them as scummy at this moment.
Mason A.
Mason A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Wed May 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Satchel N. wrote:
Areal I. wrote:Satchel, I think you are town. Although you didn't give much support to your ideas, I think that you were lazy because it was only day one.
Well no, I'm not sure why Im called lazy because im not wall posting
I think that Areal was trying to say you are "lazy" in relation to the amount of information you are posting rather than not trying to identify scum, which you could be doing without doing a lot of posting. What everyone is trying to say (I believe) is that longer posts tend to be more informative (not always, but most of the time) and that is why shorter posts are looked upon with suspicion, as they may be seen as not really helping town and not adding to the conversation. That's what I think, if i'm wrong, please correct me.
Mason A.
Mason A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Thu May 08, 2014 5:42 am

Satchel N. wrote:I read all of Chaz's posts.

They are town

Satchel, no one cares and no one believes you. You are just bandwagoning everyone else's town read on Chaz, and you are scum. You haven't contributed to the conversation, just repeated other people's reads.

The above is what the general consensus on your alignment will be if you don't support the reasoning of your town reads, so please explain why Chaz's posts are town. You can even say somehing like, "Chaz's post are town because, like Jeanette said..." and borrow someone else's reasoning. If you don't star backing up your reads, we will probably have to lynch you.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Huromi M. Thu May 08, 2014 8:35 am

Mason A. wrote:Well, wasn't Chaz's plan essentially to try and get people worried about there being a complicated plan to lure out the mafia, but all that was aiming to do was to just see who would comment on it and try to get chaz lynched, thus making them look as scum? I personally did not understand the plan and thought it originally did make Chaz look scummy (since it seemed strange, in my opinion), although when he clarified it did make sense. I'm leaning towards Chaz as a town for contributing to discussion, and for attempting to make a plan to identify mafia (although I personally think it was flawed, in the ways Areal has already commented on). It's not as definite of a town as I think you are, Jeanette (given the vote to lynch Bailey) but its rather definite. I'm leaning towards Areal and Chaz being town, and i've decided I really don't have enough information to get a read on Duplica and Satchel, although I don't see either of them as scummy at this moment.

I'll write my thoughts of Duplica. I'm leaning towards Duplica as town because of the fact that she bandwagoned the lynch on Bailey. Yes, that may sound like what a mafia would do... However, I think that there was absolutely no reason for her to risk herself being suspected by others if she is a mafia. Therefore, I think she is town-sided. The 2 people I'm suspecting right now is Hajime and Satchel. I'll go back and read their posts.
Huromi M.
Huromi M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 am

I swear, no one even cared about my post about how to read people (well it was kinda directed to satchel but still)
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Thu May 08, 2014 11:18 am

Areal I. wrote:Jeanette and Chaz, I do not believe either of you are mafia anymore. I have slung countless arguments at Jeanette, and she has been able to logically counter them. Chaz has executed a brilliant plan to nab the mafia, and because of that he does not seem scummy anymore.

Chaz, your plan was brilliant, however there was an unforeseen problem during execution: I saw you as scummy. The plan could have worked beautifully, but I messed it up by falling into the trap, for I am a villy. I do apologize for that and for my trail of scum that I am leaving, but I assure you I am not the mafia.

I mean, I feel like I should be believing this for some reason, but this post just feels like one of these "you're good you're great you're AWESOME! But please don't lynch me" posts.

And Mason, if it really was flawed, why is it that only Areal fell for it? If you answer with "Areal was the only one active at the time" I'll tell you now, quite a lot of people were online. Also, like I said, the plan was kinda meant to be shady ans I explained why in one of the posts I have made. So technically, if it was flawed, the chat would be flooding with posts against my plan and how it is scunmy. So why was it only Areal that went against me?

Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Thu May 08, 2014 2:53 pm

I don't think that your plan was flawed, Chaz, I just messed it up. I know that it makes me look really scummy, and I don't blame anyone who thinks that I am leaning scum right now.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Thu May 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Huromi M. wrote:
I'll write my thoughts of Duplica. I'm leaning towards Duplica as town because of the fact that she bandwagoned the lynch on Bailey. Yes, that may sound like what a mafia would do... However, I think that there was absolutely no reason for her to risk herself being suspected by others if she is a mafia.

This is an interesting thought, Huromi. I do agree, I don't think that Duplica would lynch Bailey as a bandwagon on only one vote if she was mafia, because it would arouse suspicion. However, the way she thought that there was a lot of evidence against Bailey made it seem like she knew Bailey was mafia (as mentioned earlier), which may have made her think that the general consensus was that Bailey was scum and there were going to be a lot of votes on her in the future. With this in mind, she may have thought that people might not have noticed a vote on Bailey as much, and that since Bailey was going to be lynched anyway, she might as well vote Bailey to seem town the next day.

This is just a possibility, so please criticize it!
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Thu May 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Areal I. wrote:I don't think that your plan was flawed, Chaz, I just messed it up. I know that it makes me look really scummy, and I don't blame anyone who thinks that I am leaning scum right now.

Mason said the plan was flawed not you lol
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Thu May 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Oh. I did say that there was a problem during execution, and I thought that you may have misinterpreted me and thought that I said that your plan was flawed.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duplica W. Thu May 08, 2014 6:59 pm

I am a little worried for myself, or even town. The thing is, since Jeanette is leading the town, some of her opinion seeps into me. I mean, come on. I believe that if Jeanette said that Chad's plan was suspicious and gave enough evidence, I'm sure she can cause town to bandwagon him. However, I still believe (for now) that Jeanette is town.

Chad is giving me a town read for a non-existent plan. It was a plan, and that's not to have a plan. He also gave a list of how to scum read.

Also, back a few pages, why was Bailey so attractive to me? Well, I wasn't sure to be honest. I think the way I worked my sentences then made me look extremely scummy (and obviously it did). However, I bandwagoned Bailey on a plan, and that's what matters. And no, I didn't know Bailey was mafia (contrary to what I said).

Also, Areal is giving me a little of a scum read for the tone he is using. I know he could be frustrated, but it seems like Areal is a little more tense after Bailey, the mafia was lynched. No real solid proof here though.

And nothing on Satchel. Either a VI, or a person acting dumb. Or potentially mafia, but there is seriously nothing there.

I'll skim though the previous pages to see if I have anything more to say.
Duplica W.
Duplica W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duplica W. Thu May 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Okay, I don't think I missed anything. Tell me what is should address later, for now I'm going for my exams. Toodles!
Duplica W.
Duplica W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Thu May 08, 2014 8:12 pm

I apologize if I have been using a harsh tone. I don't mean to be rude, and if I am, please call me out on it. The only time I meant to use a harsh tone was when I was trying to explain to Satchel that he needs to give more support for his ideas; I am getting frustrated about that.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Thu May 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Just pointing out that just because I state my opinion, by ALL means think about what I say and ask if it actually makes sense - then you can come up with your own conclusion about your own reads. I don't post to spew gospel, but rather try to come up with discussion topics. By no means are you obligated to agree with what I say (in fact, contesting is more exciting!).
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jeanette_Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Thu May 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Duplica W. wrote:I am a little worried for myself, or even town. The thing is, since Jeanette is leading the town, some of her opinion seeps into me. I mean, come on. I believe that if Jeanette said that Chad's plan was suspicious and gave enough evidence, I'm sure she can cause town to bandwagon him. However, I still believe (for now) that Jeanette is town.

Chad is giving me a town read for a non-existent plan. It was a plan, and that's not to have a plan. He also gave a list of how to scum read.

Also, back a few pages, why was Bailey so attractive to me? Well, I wasn't sure to be honest. I think the way I worked my sentences then made me look extremely scummy (and obviously it did). However, I bandwagoned Bailey on a plan, and that's what matters. And no, I didn't know Bailey was mafia (contrary to what I said).

Also, Areal is giving me a little of a scum read for the tone he is using. I know he could be frustrated, but it seems like Areal is a little more tense after Bailey, the mafia was lynched. No real solid proof here though.

And nothing on Satchel. Either a VI, or a person acting dumb. Or potentially mafia, but there is seriously nothing there.

I'll skim though the previous pages to see if I have anything more to say.
Yes im a VI, i admit
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Areal I. wrote:
Satchel N. wrote:I read all of Chaz's posts.

They are town

Satchel, no one cares and no one believes you. You are just bandwagoning everyone else's town read on Chaz, and you are scum. You haven't contributed to the conversation, just repeated other people's reads.

The above is what the general consensus on your alignment will be if you don't support the reasoning of your town reads, so please explain why Chaz's posts are town. You can even say somehing like, "Chaz's post are town because, like Jeanette said..." and borrow someone else's reasoning. If you don't star backing up your reads, we will probably have to lynch you.
Well lord, since you ask, you shall receive.

Chaz's scumhunting looks genuine, which is why I townread him.
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Vote: Hajime U.

It has to be this. Everyone else is town.
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Fri May 09, 2014 12:18 am

Chaz R. wrote:
And Mason, if it really was flawed, why is it that only Areal fell for it? If you answer with "Areal was the only one active at the time" I'll tell you now, quite a lot of people were online. Also, like I said, the plan was kinda meant to be shady ans I explained why in one of the posts I have made. So technically, if it was flawed, the chat would be flooding with posts against my plan and how it is scunmy. So why was it only Areal that went against me?

I'm not exactly sure as to why it was only Areal that went against you, but I personally was suspicious of it as well and was thinking along the lines of what Jeanette (I think, I don't clearly remember who said it) said when she thought you may be doing that to seem like you were trying to contribute while not really doing so (which would be scummy). The only way it would be "flawed" (the idea itself was good imo, just that it did have the possibility of also making townies suspicious) would be that it could get a false positive scum read on townies who were suspicious of the "plan."
Mason A.
Mason A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Fri May 09, 2014 12:30 am

Duplica W. wrote:I am a little worried for myself, or even town. The thing is, since Jeanette is leading the town, some of her opinion seeps into me. I mean, come on. I believe that if Jeanette said that Chad's plan was suspicious and gave enough evidence, I'm sure she can cause town to bandwagon him. However, I still believe (for now) that Jeanette is town.

One of the main reasons I'm almost 100% towards thinking that Jeanette is town is the fact that she kept her vote on Bailey, even thought it meant that she got lynched. I already suggested taking off all votes on Bailey, so if Jeanette was a mafia, then she would have had a very easy excuse to not vote Bailey and take her vote off of her. Of course, there is the slight (and unlikely, in my opinion) possibility that Jeanette could be a mafia who lynched Bailey on purpose (so the lynch was not lucky, but planned) and is using this to appear as town as possible. However, I don't think that that possibility is true (although it could, which is why your warning should be heeded). Thankfully, Jeanette does provide reasoning for her claims, which allows us to decide whether we believe them or not.

Also, what is a VI?
Mason A.
Mason A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duplica W. Fri May 09, 2014 2:20 am

VI means Village Idiot, and I'll admit I misused it here.

Also Jeannette, I didn't mean you were intentionally forcing your opinion on others, what I meant was that I'm an easily influenced person, you could say.

Also Satchel, could you explain "Can't be anybody else"?
Duplica W.
Duplica W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next