PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 6: Black Flag Nightless

+9
Hajime U.
Mason A.
Bailey E.
Satchel N.
Areal I.
Huromi M.
Duplica W.
Jeanette C.
ajhockeystar
13 posters

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Game 6: Black Flag Nightless - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 6: Black Flag Nightless

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 1:40 pm

The difference between three word reads and "extensive wall posts" is that we don't get to see your logic of thinking about a read if you just state someone is town/scum and leave with nothing else. If the purpose is just to answer our questions as to who you think is scum, then there is no difference. But if the purpose is to actually scumhunt, then you can help with that process by demonstrating why you made these reads, and try to convince us to take your point of view. That is one reason to explain your reads. Another importance for your analysis is that from our point of view, you can help show that you are town if we can follow your logic of thinking - that way you show that you have actually been making the effort to find the scum. I don't necessarily mean you need to write the Mahabharata (though that would be fun!), but occasional reactions and responses would be more helpful.

For Yuriko, I appreciate you getting into this game! (Huromi also posted too, yay.) I'm pretty sure that I am the only person that has seen Satchel as scummy (need to look through previous posts to verify) - I think Mason and Areal at least have said that they believe Satchel is town. My read stems from what I said above in this post - that Satchel is doing the minimal amount it takes to "seem" like he is helping town without actually being productive.

Areal can respond to Satchel's question about Areal's post because I, too, was not sure what your main read on Satchel was - it did seem like Areal was being wishy-washy there.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jeanette_Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Satchel, I think you are town. Although you didn't give much support to your ideas, I think that you were lazy because it was only day one.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Yuriko, welcome! We can clear up anything you need clarified. As for you question about reads on Satchel, Jeanette believes that Satchel's brief, unexplained townreads on several players seems like an excuse to not say too much because he doesn't want to say too much from a scum perspective. Mason and I, however, believe that he is town. I think this for reasons specified in my previous post.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Satchel N. wrote:I read all of Chaz's posts.

They are town

@Chaz
These kinds of posts don't help us much in the scumhunt. They give your opinions, but without any good points arguing your opinion, your opinion is considered hastily created and baseless, and is therefore discounted.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Whoops! I meant @satchel
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Wed May 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Satchel instead of reading a post and judging if they are town or scum by what they wrote, try to think deeper and ask yourself these questions. ..

1.) What is the person's point that they are trying to get across?

2.) What is their goal? What are they trying to accomplish?

3.) What are they saying relative to the person they are targetting? (If they are covering them or accusing them, etc) Why are they trying to do this?

you will find that when answered correctly, they will lead to one answer: Scum or not scum. This, ladies and gentlemen, is how to read people. Just think outside the box and try to predict the outcomes of every single move.
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Laziness is a very poor excuse for Satchel. Especially in this setup, where every day is the same - if you don't start discussing Day 1, there won't be any new information popping up the next day. Everything builds on each other in nightless since all the information generated is from our thoughts only (no relying on cop investigations, etc.). Take a look at Game 7 - they have not even gone out of RVS and thus they have stalled all discussion completely even though their first day is almost over.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Wed May 07, 2014 3:16 pm

Whats RVS?
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Random Voting Stage - I just looked, and pretty much all the votes that were cast (there were many of them actually) have little to no explanation.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Interestingly, our game did not really have a random voting stage - typically Mafia games start with RVS, somebody reacts to one of the votes, and then the discussion starts from there. In our game, there were two initial votes (Duplica on Areal, me on Bailey), but most of the discussion did not center on these random votes. Instead, the very beginning was spurred just on a seemingly benign sentence by Satchel about Mason - we just took off from there! That's one of the fascinating things I find from this game - how one little statement could be expanded upon so quickly and thoroughly.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 3:26 pm

I would like to point out that an activity vote, which is pretty much a random vote, considering that no one has a read on the person, was our lynch yesterday. If you think about it, our whole day yesterday was an RVS, and it was lucky that we lynched a mafia. I am not defending Bailey here, I just don't want another activity lynch today. I think a lynch on myself would be much more educated than an activity lynch.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Wed May 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Lol, no one realised that areal lynched mason which was the veey first lynch
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Just because the vote was random doesn't mean that the entire day was random voting stage (although I don't really care about the semantics). The point is that posts diverged to actual discussion rather than random voting very quickly in our game.

Also lol Areal was pretty lynchhappy wasn't she. (Although given the strikethrough it was clearly a troll vote) Wink
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Yeah I also would not want an activity lynch - we have plenty options for us to reveal a flip that gives us significantly more information. Fortunately, Yuriko sounds invested in the game, and I think Huromi posted earlier, so inactivity sounds like it's not as big as it could have been given the start of this game.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Wed May 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Well umm, what should we really do now, I thought I had lots of momentum going through areal but then she said that it was an accident,and I really dont know where to go from there.

Also, I dont mean to sidetrack but, you guys heard of omega ruby and alpha sapphire?
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hajime U. Wed May 07, 2014 3:51 pm

erm yes, duh, also happy deathday somebody, tonight you'll meet ur end
Hajime U.
Hajime U.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hajime U. Wed May 07, 2014 3:51 pm

and by that i mean the end of the in game day
Hajime U.
Hajime U.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 pm

That is an interesting thing to say, Hajime. Is that a mobster threat or a town threat directed at the mafia?
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Hajime, by saying that this will be a death day for somebody, are you planning to vote a player? We would love to hear your thoughts!
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Also to Chaz: just because Areal gave her explanation does not mean you have to back down. Do you believe her defense? Does it match up in your eyes? If you do not feel completely satisfied by it, maybe you need to do more questioning. I would just say not to give up on any reads that you have unless you truly do feel the defendant countered logically.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Chaz, I am open to questioning!
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duplica W. Wed May 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Areal I. wrote:Ok, now that everyone thinks I'm scum, back to player analysis.

Duplica W. wrote:CHAD Bot would be pleased if Chaz was CHAD.

Okay, back to topic, it would be nice for a day when I can come back here and talk a lot more, you guys exhausted a lot.

@Jeanette being possible scum
I'll be honest, I have thought of her being scum too, but it is a little crazy to think that a person who gathers town would be scum. However, it is still possible for a scum to be controlling the town. The scum could try and improve his mafia friends conditions by "rejecting" some scum reads if you know what I mean, but in this mafia setup I think if we successfully catch the other 2 mafia then it would be fine, won't it?

I'm on phone right now and I have to check other pages, I'll be writing another post.

Duplica has been sporadic and unclear so far. She seems to be making honest opinions, but is always "on my phone" or "tired", so it's difficult tell whether she's mafia or scum.

Well geez, its not like I can stop cramming for my upcoming exams, the only time I usually have to go onto here is when I'm travelling to school, therefore only able to use my phone. But right now, I'm using my laptop, so don't worry.

Duplica W. wrote:Basically, what I was assuming is that Bailey was mafia and that I'm giving mafia a dilemma on whether to let their buddy get lynched or prevent it.

Anyway, so far it doesn't seem any real thing is happening.

Unvote: Bailey

That brings us down to her temporary lynch on Bailey. She had Areal (me) lynched in the beginning, apparently to start conversation.

Duplica W. wrote:Vote: Areal I.

Lets get the talk started. We don't have many people talking, and we almost have 1/5 of Day 1 over. Guys, discuss?

She then decided to lynch Bailey, seemingly for the same reason. She did almost the same thing with both of us: lynch to spur conversation and then unlynch when the mafia hasn't reacted and everyone is suspicious of her. Since she did the same thing with me as with Bailey, and since I'm not the mafia, I don't think she was going for towncred on her suspicion of Bailey or trying to avoid lynching her buddy by unlynching; she obviously didn't do that with me. However, there was one suspicious post:

Duplica W. wrote:
Lynch Bailey

Assuming someone is mafia, if their team doesn't want one of their mafia to be lynched, they will have to vote 1 more than the vote on their friend count on someone else. Of course, after reading my post the mafia might just let Bailey (if he is mafia) die, but that would be a disadvantage. Also Bailey, when you come online, what do you think of the lynches?

This post made it seem like there was pretty good evidence put forth saying that Bailey was mafia, when there wasn't. Was it possible that she already knew that Bailey was mafia? To me it is hard to tell. I will post more about it in a bit.

When I was re-reading my thing, I just realised how scummy I typed. "Right now, the only lynch would be Bailey". What I meant from that statement is if there were no other lynches, the only lynch would be Bailey.
Duplica W.
Duplica W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Wed May 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey Duplica, we've heard a lot from Areal and I - so to breathe fresh life into the current discussion, could you give us your current town and scum reads? Since the last time you posted, we've had Chaz and Satchel come on so anything that strikes you about them would be appreciated - but also general reads too would be great!
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Wed May 07, 2014 6:20 pm

@Duplica
When I said you were on your phone, I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just stating that it made my read on you much more difficult.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Wed May 07, 2014 6:22 pm

I'll question areal tomorrow coz I am gonna go sleep now
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content