PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

+8
Kimmy S.
Anima V.
Emmy A.
Cherry P.
Clara H.
Jeremiah W.
Infernando G.
ajhockeystar
12 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:32 am

You are free to keep asking obviously about those questions if you need some reiteration.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:37 am

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:
Jeremiah W. & Cherry P.: I have some questions to ask you Jeremiah. First of all, I can see some tension between you and Cherry yet your post on Cherry is from RVS and you seem to be avoiding conflict and dismissing Cherry

Although it's ironic since Cherry is completely right about you Jeremiah (from what you have done after that post). This has been what you have been doing all game, being cautious not to single out a player and to pick a fight. Your posts are so reserved and are mainly conformations (or asking) to what has already been discussed.

I'm sorry if I missed it but I couldn't find any questions for me in the post I quoted this from.

In terms of the comment I made pre game, it was pre game and I really didn't think of it as anything other than that.  My "sudden decrease" in activity has been over the past 24 hours or so, during which I hadn't had a chance to access the forums and about 4 pages of posts were made (which I just had to read through).  I'm not sure if my other half came on without posting, but I'd assume his circumstances were about the same.  

On Cherry, I remember someone townreading her for sticking to her read under pressure.  I believe she at most had 2 lynches on her at any one time, and the thought process she was defending was:
-fos person (was it the one who came on w/o confirming? I don't remember)
-scumread person based on pre game post and lynch
-see someone restate information and switch lynch

which isn't exactly the best logic to follow, despite this being day 1.  My lynch is on her right now and I don't care to unlynch since her defense of this confusing logical progression irks me.

On to Halsey.  From what I can gather, he read through the game, pretended not to have read through the game, and restated information to see if anyone jumped on him for restating information.  I have no way to confirm or deny that he knew what he was doing, but I can confirm that if he did, Cherry 100% fell for the bait.  Someone who shows up suddenly and immediately starts out by being redundant would quickly become a very easy target, something that it seems that she picked up on (or didn't if it was a trap I guess).  Regardless, I don't see the reposting of the idea as all that scummy, and his analysis otherwise isn't raising many red flags (at this point, I've gotten notifications of multiple posts from you while I've been typing this and haven't read those yet).  

By the way, I said you kept restating information that has already been discussed and you do it again although from this post, it seems like a buildup to make your points which your other posts don't. So, I might guess it is one of your nuances and you are not doing it purposely to filler.

Jeremiah W. wrote:which isn't exactly the best logic to follow, despite this being day 1. My lynch is on her right now and I don't care to unlynch since her defense of this confusing logical progression irks me.
. Can you explain that also?
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 am

Well the 2nd sentence.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:44 am

"-scumread person based on pre game post and lynch"
(well Cherry already explained that and I buy it personally. Cherry lynched a person because of being scummy, not because of a hard pressed scumread from what I can tell)

Well the conflict question you answered because you said you weren't around to access this thread.

The reserved question is kind of made null due to that post since you made your statements clear unlike the previous times.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Infernando G. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:59 am

TFW I DIDNT KNOW THERE ARE 2 PEOPLE PER ACCOUNT

Low key shook

Infernando G.
Infernando G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:02 am

Halsey N. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:Ok for one, stop the bad fruit puns.

Also I ran into some trouble with my internet recently right after game started so you can't blame me for that.

Here's my thoughts on the most notable posts from pages 4-7

Jeremiah W. wrote:FoSing someone who hasn't even posted anything related to the game is kinda weird.
You timed your lynch really weirdly, so it seemed like it was OMGUS and pre-game lynching =/= You have to follow that lynch during the game.

This is a really weird slot, that I would appreciate more pressure on.

It was RVS, and any way to incite reactions is probably NAI at worst and towny at best.

Halsey N. wrote:Ok so, uh I don't know about the strategy I suggested, it seems to be pointless like shepherd and jeremiah said, so i think this theme is better off treated like vanilla as far as scumhunting goes.
I'm also not good at fruit puns.
P.S: Anima, if you were a fruit, you'd be a fineapple

Why would you disagree with a strategy that gives Town 2 peaceful nights?

Dr. Proctor wrote:I second the plan to create a chain n1, then a randomized chain n2. Ik im probably a bit late on the uptake here but i personally dont see any better utilization of our fruits. On another note: What would the benefits be of waiting to force mafia no kills later in the game (not doing the chain n1/n2, and instead doing it later, like n2 and n4 or somethin). Idt it would honestly make much of a difference but curious to hear opinions on it.

I'm pretty sure it won't make much of a difference, after all, they still have to refrain on 2 kills. The only difference with doing it later is that they need to make the kill earlier, which gives them less info to judge the kill off. I mean that might be a factor, but it's so small I'm fine with anything at this point.

Caroline M. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:I thought of a way to actually break this game btw

Clara H. ---> Halsey N. --->Shepherd D. ---> Anima V. ---> Caroline M. ---> Dr. Proctor ---> Emmy A. ---> Infernando G. ---> Jeremiah W. ---> Kimmy S. ---> Cherry P. (and back to Clara H. obv)

Since mafia cannot pass a fruit and kill at the same time, this gives us a town win (let me explain).

So everybody BUT 1 person will pass a fruit (the mafia who kills). So whoever here does not get their own fruit (other than the person who doesn't get their fruit due to the one that was supposed to give them their fruit died) is mafia.

If everybody claims to have gotten a fruit, (excluding the person that didnt get the fruit because the passer died obv). Then we will make another chain that mixes up everybody in another order that makes everybody not have the same fruit passers again.

Like this, we get mafia since the person that does not get their fruit from a person that is alive will thus be mafia.

I find it interesting that you boast about reading the rules, but you didn't read the game. Because if you had read the game, you would have known that this strategy has been discussed before, and it was figured out that it doesn't break the game. Can you explain why you didn't read the game before posting? I'm curious.

Seconding this, if anything, it rings as an attempt to look useful to me.

Emmy A. wrote:I thought about a fool-proof way to break this fruiting system.

Of course, it requires the fullest support of town is sort of counter-intuitive, but I think it is the only fool-proof way.

Basically, we have the person who is being lynched making the randomized list --- this way if they flip town, we have a non-manipulated list to use, and if they flip scum, well, we have lynched scum and that is always a plus Very Happy

Going to forward Cherry P. soon.

Agreeing with this as well, it's the best option that was given thus far. Just hope that the 0.00055% chance doesn't crop up Razz

Halsey N. wrote:Time to talk. Ok so I basically shitposted 4 times and am well aware of that. I already know that emmy suggested the same strategy (well went into detail with it), I know that Jeremiah was the first to come up with the fundamentals to a strategy like that. Basically, what I did was post and wait a 10 hour period. What I have seen up to this point from other players is that their reads are mainly on preferences to for their own scum style strategy (like cherry's lynch on pre-game stuff).
Now to explain the 10 hour period, basically I figured that waiting 10 hours would make the 2 people of each group post and I wanted to see how they reacted since I made myself the center of attention. I know that the two people cannot differentiate between their account, but I wanted to see if there is any self-doubt or hesitation within the accounts (or even adding more in) since I would think being mafia makes your primary goal to get a person lynch and thus not worry much about who is gone. This ofcourse is all eliminated if the mafia isn't that quick to want to lynch and fit in with town as best as they can, but just wanted to experiment.

Seeing this is 9v2, this makes  3 mislynches (with night kill).  We would the fruit twice when we have 5 players left if we have not caught a mafia so we can be in control of the lynch (shut down the nk).

Next post is my reads so far.

1. We get 2 free nights, making your 3 mislynch point moot.

2. You yourself disproved your own 3 mislynch point, there was no reason to bring it up.

3. Why would you want to purposely try to sow confusion between the hydras? What incentive could you have in the name of your reads that we're not even sure comes from town to carry out a strategy that potentially damages our capability to create reads, and expect us to believe you when you call it a gambit when you've done nothing thus far to show your trustworthiness?

4. This whole strategy is based off Mafia wanting to lynch quickly, meaning that Mafia can just watch you screw town over by yourself assuming you are indeed town.

I don't see town intent at all in this post, it's the kind of post that forces people to assume you are town and that more often than not comes from scum who doesn't want to get the town cred the normal way.

Emmy A. wrote:
Dr. Proctor wrote:I second the plan to create a chain n1, then a randomized chain n2. Ik im probably a bit late on the uptake here but i personally dont see any better utilization of our fruits. On another note: What would the benefits be of waiting to force mafia no kills later in the game (not doing the chain n1/n2, and instead doing it later, like n2 and n4 or somethin). Idt it would honestly make much of a difference but curious to hear opinions on it.
It has value. I think it will be affected by how confident we are in the odds of a given person flipping scum. I have my thoughts on how scum would play things if we did it later, but if scum doesn't share those thoughts I don't want to start giving them ideas early on-it's something I can use to scumhunt later on if scum sets off that tell.

I, for one, am in favor of using the cycle at least once between Night 1/2. Not necessarily both, but forcing scum to no kill early on is super helpful from a discussion standpoint. We could then save the other for a situation like MyLo, where many players prefer to No Lynch anyway.

I think Night 1/4 are the most optimal nights to do it, since Night 1 means that we get more snowball potential into Day 2 as we can hit the ground running off discussion based on Day 1 without missing anyone's opinions and Night 4 because it prolongs the then MyLo/LyLo.

Caroline M. wrote:Halsey what is the significance of inflicting confusion between users in each account and how does it help with your dazzling plan? And more importantly how does it help with finding scum? Atm i am not buying the fact it is a scheme but i'll wait for what u have to say about the conclusion you got from it.

He already mentioned that the significance is him seeing if Mafia wants to quickly lynch, which is already a flawed point in itself.

Halsey N. wrote:Caroline M.: I see this user as town. The reason for this is because this user has been actively helping by not only coming up with new information to the strategy itself. What makes this differnt from Anima is that it seemed to not be premade or thought up before meaning it was most likely something spontaneous that user came up with meaning this user is less worried about their image. Not only this, but this user has been looking for reasons behind lynches and has been actively  pressuring users and asking well made questions that benefit town.

Dr. Proctor.: Well, bunch of filler and seems to be barely getting into the game from what this user said "slow on the uptake". Either that or in all honesty, being scum in my opinion. Has not posted anything at all despite accessing the forums when chat blew up and still on Cherry due to RVS reasons. I want to see reads from this player to see which one of these two he is.

Emmy A. : Essentially the same thing as Caroline. (there is alot of posts though so I will have to go through them again. So far, analyzying the RVS conflict.) On the RVS lynching, I have a similar thought process I believe once I actually take the time to think about it.

Sidenote: I want to talk about the form of RVS scumhunting though. I also do not like it but because RVS is essentially filler that anybody can make up and is inherently scummy itself. It's the players who after a period of time stick with their RVS lynch or even try to defend it or exaggerate the scumminess of it are scummy themselves.
All that I see are that the benefits from RVS are looking into certain player reactions and then try to connect those reactions ingame (or build a chain of responses from what character to another) unless somebody wants to defend this as an actual basis to look for scum which I find outrageous (like tunneling). I also find equally outrageous if anybody dismisses this stage as irrelevant as it clearly isn't.
After thinking about this for some time. I also want to ask Clara what she literallly meant by not liking the scumhunting on "pregame shit". Like for example, what does she not like about it. That statement is too general and can mean so many things....

(will make the my third reads I guess and then go back to Emmy as I feel I missed some stuff) In the 3rd post I'll try to explain what I meant by my "dazzling plan" (I sense a lack of confidence..)

This is just the kind of easy post scum can make if you ask me, rolling in the fact that this user has done nothing discussion worthy. Every post Halsey has made so far is either the 10 hour thing, which forces people to assume you are town, or readlists/general statements, which don't spark discussion and is pretty much NAI in most circumstances.

Halsey N. wrote:
Cherry P. wrote:and halsey, not sure if you planned on doing this but  once you're done with your reads, can you elaborate further on what your goal was with your first four posts?

Chump, that is what I meant by "dazzling plan". (Caroline called it that)

Yeah, what IS this "dazzling plan". You have no reason to hold back information as town.

Currently my strongest scumread falls on Halsey, mostly for their posting style and their seemingly lacking scummy content, which is because he's engaged in NOTHING than he can possibly be incriminated for. He has contributed nothing to discussion, made nothing but general statements and reads, and the non-statement/read he has is something about a "plan" which he's not only withholding info on, he's also forcing town!Halsey on everyone else with the reason of the plan to work. Coupled with the confusion he intended to sow, it's a very solid way for scum to screw with town's discussion.

Vote Halsey

Dr. Proctor and Jeremiah ping for similar reasons to each other, their ratio of active lurk:content is a bit too high for me to like it, but the degree I read them for is quite small as of present moment.

Currently feeling town vibes from Emmy and Caroline, although I disagree with Caroline's manner of speech, that's just a personal thing and both of them have very clearly been actively furthering discussion.

I'm going to ask a question. Did you actually read the whole game or just skimmed through separate posts because all of this was already addressed and you seem to be taking stuff out of context.

Yes I have read the game, I wouldn't be posting otherwise. Yes, this has all been addressed. Do you take issue with me providing my own personal insight into whatever I quoted? Everyone's opinions are different, and just because someone has responded to a topic already, does not mean that everyone else feels the same.

Halsey N. wrote:Also what do you mean I have done nothing discussion worthy. You just dismissed me without even explaining how what I did was "useless". I read the game and gave insights on posts that users wrote. Why are we also discussing the strategy, this has already been discussed enough and discussed fully.

I explained, I think you're the one not reading my post. If you require further elaboration, read lists are just stating what a user does and what you read them because of that, which was what you did, and there's not really a way anyone can respond to those kinds of questions. Discussion worthy posts would be posts like what you just directed to me, questions that outsiders can easily get involved in.

If you're referring to the Fruit Pass Strategy, then there are many slight variations that have been proposed and I was picking out the ones I agreed with. If you're referring to your 10-hour strategy, then I dare say that it has not been discussed fully.

Halsey N. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:
Emmy A. wrote:
Jeremiah W. wrote:Ok time to play the game.

Is OMGUS during RVS a thing?  I honestly don't remember.  I don't necessarily have an issue with it, but people like to bandwagon on the weirdest things in these games.

Also, isn't this essentially vanilla with the added element of everyone being a false positive for some reason?  Unless there's a hidden tracker/watcher the fruit giving essentially means nothing, and from what I can tell the fruit giving isn't even compulsive so town has no actual reason to give fruit.

I've apparently already made my RVS vote so I'll keep it as is to avoid confusion.

RVS is RVS. It is a "Random Voting Stage", and personally I have no problems with 2 lynch wagons or OMGUS during RVS; however, I do have a problem with RVS being uncallingly prolonged --- at one point we gotta start scumhunting. RVS is just to get everyone active and to see their reactions (Which, I might comment, I haven't really seen any bad reactions which is good).

There are no hidden elements to this game (Correct me if I am wrong). Fruit is actually very important, since we can catch scum using POE. As the gamelink says, Mafia may not Fruit and Kill on the same night, which is very important since it makes it easier to catch scum. Of course, we have to beware on the fact Mafia might fake their fruit, and that "The person who is fruited is not notified how many fruit they get." Either way, it is basically a Vanilla that has an aspect that slightly benefits town.

Also, did anyone answer my question on how to tag people? Is the only way to quote them?
I saw many posts related to this, so had to comment on this. This is easily breakable - both the scum claim to have given fruit to a single person. Since the person who receives fruit is not told how many fruits they have received, both the mafia say that they fruited a single person, and that it was a coincidence. Though the coincidence to happen again is quite unusual, this protects us from one kill. But it's just one kill - a method which protects us completely would be suited better.

Clara H. ---> Halsey N. --->Shepherd D. ---> Anima V. ---> Caroline M. ---> Dr. Proctor ---> Emmy A. ---> Infernando G. ---> Jeremiah W. ---> Kimmy S. ---> Cherry P. (and back to Clara H. obv)

Since mafia cannot pass a fruit and kill at the same time, this gives us a town win (let me explain).

So everybody BUT 1 person will pass a fruit (the mafia who kills). So whoever here does not get their own fruit (other than the person who doesn't get their fruit due to the one that was supposed to give them their fruit died) is mafia.

If everybody claims to have gotten a fruit, (excluding the person that didnt get the fruit because the passer died obv). Then we will make another chain that mixes up everybody in another order that makes everybody not have the same fruit passers again.

Like this, we get mafia since the person that does not get their fruit from a person that is alive will thus be mafia.

This method is quite strong - but this would mean that we're trusting you. What if you're actually scum, and you have positioned you and your partner next to each other, so that you both can easily lie about receiving fruit? Also, what if, just by coincidence, both the scum partners are put next to each other? I know this is, in a way, an advantage for the town, and I totally admit that this method is, quite strong, and can be considered. But, we have a more foolproof method. Thank Emmy A.

Of course, it requires the fullest support of town is sort of counter-intuitive, but I think it is the only fool-proof way.

Basically, we have the person who is being lynched making the randomized list --- this way if they flip town, we have a non-manipulated list to use, and if they flip scum, well, we have lynched scum and that is always a plus Very Happy

This method is 99% foolproof. That 1% is just as stated above - what if the town member, by coincidence, places both scum members next to each other? Though this would mean that both the scum members are places next to each other, and would rather by beneficial for us.

I haven't read much, I'm really sorry for not being active lately. I would be ISO'ing as many as possible, especially Cherry P. and Emmy A., since these are two people which are either total town or total scum material.

All of this was already discussed also. Read the game.

Again, my own insight may matter. I do not appreciate having my opinions being dismissed by you and allowing myself to be swept away by a larger whole.

Halsey N. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:For clarification on "easy post" about Halsey, reads lists are just simple to make, state what user is doing and talk a little about why scum/town would do it.

Reads lists being your sole content point is also not good as it doesn't really incite discussion as it's mostly just common sense, nothing can be discussed or otherwise create further content from it. It comes from Scum wanting to look helpful but not actually helpful.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't scumread reads lists as a whole. Using reads lists as a supplementary method of generating content is perfectly fine in my eyes, and probably even a towny aspect then. But when it's your sole source of content, your only remotely useful type of post, that's when it pings on my scumdar.

You see the tree instead of seeing the whole forest again. This list was not only a read list, it also was to respond to questions users had about me if you actually took the time to read them and I made a bunch of them and about everybody into comprehensive detail and from what they have posted. That is why I made a longer one about Emmy if you did not check it out and about how she is acting, not only about the posts themselves. Basically scumhunting. I am responding to every post a user makes about me. I am posting thoughts on other users and questioning their actions. Finally, I am looking up for any behaviors and nuances those users have if you didn't realize that as well and am not withholding any information whatsoever.

However what I find funny is your 'sparking conversation" point. I mean you here are responding to me so lmao nitwit. That's such a trash. Especially the "sole source of content" if you actually took time and read through my posts instead of stereotyping me. Especially if you read the game, you would have never done this in my opinion.

1. Your read lists and question answering was done in a very final manner. You went into comprehensive detail about what they did, but that, in the end, is still only detailing what they did.
2. You did question their motives, but it still generates little discussion. A: "Why did you do this?" B: "Because of X, which led to Y" A: "Oh OK"
3. Information withholding was referring to your "dazzling plan" and how you're not elaborating on it.

Halsey N. wrote:Also talking about the strategy (which is filler at this point to everybody who has read the game) is causing no USEFUL conversation (yes, this is conversation and your posts are sparking it like mines are, but your conversations are not useful at all). So I suggest you read the full game and start being useful because you are ignoring alot of factors that have already been addressed and repeating them will cause no useful conversation. Instead this will be the "only source" you talk about.

I have read the full game, and this is my current interpretation of what I seen of the game and considering all factors, this is the conclusion I have reached. If you take issue with it, how about you point out whatever I'm missing and make a proper rebuttal to me, rather than just say I didn't read the game and call it a day. I don't appreciate you making it seem like I'm obviously wrong when you yourself have not put in effort in convincing I'm wrong.

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:
Jeremiah W. & Cherry P.: I have some questions to ask you Jeremiah. First of all, I can see some tension between you and Cherry yet your post on Cherry is from RVS and you seem to be avoiding conflict and dismissing Cherry

Although it's ironic since Cherry is completely right about you Jeremiah (from what you have done after that post). This has been what you have been doing all game, being cautious not to single out a player and to pick a fight. Your posts are so reserved and are mainly conformations (or asking) to what has already been discussed.

I'm sorry if I missed it but I couldn't find any questions for me in the post I quoted this from.

In terms of the comment I made pre game, it was pre game and I really didn't think of it as anything other than that.  My "sudden decrease" in activity has been over the past 24 hours or so, during which I hadn't had a chance to access the forums and about 4 pages of posts were made (which I just had to read through).  I'm not sure if my other half came on without posting, but I'd assume his circumstances were about the same.  

On Cherry, I remember someone townreading her for sticking to her read under pressure.  I believe she at most had 2 lynches on her at any one time, and the thought process she was defending was:

which isn't exactly the best logic to follow, despite this being day 1.  My lynch is on her right now and I don't care to unlynch since her defense of this confusing logical progression irks me.

On to Halsey.  From what I can gather, he read through the game, pretended not to have read through the game, and restated information to see if anyone jumped on him for restating information.  I have no way to confirm or deny that he knew what he was doing, but I can confirm that if he did, Cherry 100% fell for the bait. Someone who shows up suddenly and immediately starts out by being redundant would quickly become a very easy target, something that it seems that she picked up on (or didn't if it was a trap I guess).  Regardless, I don't see the reposting of the idea as all that scummy, and his analysis otherwise isn't raising many red flags (at this point, I've gotten notifications of multiple posts from you while I've been typing this and haven't read those yet).  

So you scumread Cherry more than anyone else at this point of the game? If so why? I myself don't really see anything scumread worthy in their posts, and I don't see where you find the confusion from.

On a similar note, what is your opinion on Cherry responding to Halsey's supposed bait like that? Do you think they're more town or scum for it?

Halsey N. wrote:Oh um sorry. Meant to ask what I stated in the first paragraph in question form like the following.

Why are you being so reserved?

Why do you seem to be avoiding conflict?

Although those questions might not even matter anymore after that post. I need to read your post fully and have some time to give you my thoughts.

What about them gives you the impression that they were being reserved, avoiding conflict? If it's due to their lack of real posting in the game, why target them rather than another lurker/active lurker, like Anima?

To Halsey, so after you assumed I didn't read the game, and now knowing that I indeed DID read the game and this is my conclusion, what else do you want to say to me? If you're going to continue to fight me, I'd appreciate it if you made proper attacks rather than just brush me off. And as of present moment, do you think I'm scum? If not, why? And if yes, why is your vote not on me?

To Jeremiah, what is your opinion on the other players in the game currently?

Preview Edit:
To Halsey, I notice you indeed are looking at people's posting style. Why are you doing this, and what benefit do you see in doing this? Why not just read their content as it is, why is their posting style a factor in what you think of them? And if it isn't a factor, why are you bothering to find out then?
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:20 am

hi i was following this from my phone and i wanted to make a phone when i had computer access
now i have computer access but im too tired
ill make a post tomorrow
glad kimmy was able to join us, hopefully the other inactives will follow and do the same
two things of note
jeremiah appears incapable of reading my logic properly
i read kimmys argument and i didnt like it
yes I will elaborate later
if you dont like that i didnt do it now deal with it im tired
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:49 am

Kimmy S. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:

Also I ran into some trouble with my internet recently right after game started so you can't blame me for that.

Jeremiah W. wrote:FoSing someone who hasn't even posted anything related to the game is kinda weird.
You timed your lynch really weirdly, so it seemed like it was OMGUS and pre-game lynching =/= You have to follow that lynch during the game.

It was RVS, and any way to incite reactions is probably NAI at worst and towny at best.

Halsey N. wrote:Ok so, uh I don't know about the strategy I suggested, it seems to be pointless like shepherd and jeremiah said, so i think this theme is better off treated like vanilla as far as scumhunting goes.

I'm pretty sure it won't make much of a difference, after all, they still have to refrain on 2 kills. The only difference with doing it later is that they need to make the kill earlier, which gives them less info to judge the kill off. I mean that might be a factor, but it's so small I'm fine with anything at this point.

Caroline M. wrote:

I find it interesting that you boast about reading the rules, but you didn't read the game. Because if you had read the game, you would have known that this strategy has been discussed before, and it was figured out that it doesn't break the game. Can you explain why you didn't read the game before posting? I'm curious.

Agreeing with this as well, it's the best option that was given thus far. Just hope that the 0.00055% chance doesn't crop up Razz

Halsey N. wrote:Time to talk. Ok so I basically shitposted 4 times and am well aware of that. I already know that emmy suggested the same strategy (well went into detail with it), I know that Jeremiah was the first to come up with the fundamentals to a strategy like that. Basically, what I did was post and wait a 10 hour period. What I have seen up to this point from other players is that their reads are mainly on preferences to for their own scum style strategy (like cherry's lynch on pre-game stuff).
Now to explain the 10 hour period, basically I figured that waiting 10 hours would make the 2 people of each group post and I wanted to see how they reacted since I made myself the center of attention. I know that the two people cannot differentiate between their account, but I wanted to see if there is any self-doubt or hesitation within the accounts (or even adding more in) since I would think being mafia makes your primary goal to get a person lynch and thus not worry much about who is gone. This ofcourse is all eliminated if the mafia isn't that quick to want to lynch and fit in with town as best as they can, but just wanted to experiment.

Seeing this is 9v2, this makes  3 mislynches (with night kill).  We would the fruit twice when we have 5 players left if we have not caught a mafia so we can be in control of the lynch (shut down the nk).

2. You yourself disproved your own 3 mislynch point, there was no reason to bring it up.

3. Why would you want to purposely try to sow confusion between the hydras? What incentive could you have in the name of your reads that we're not even sure comes from town to carry out a strategy that potentially damages our capability to create reads, and expect us to believe you when you call it a gambit when you've done nothing thus far to show your trustworthiness?

4. This whole strategy is based off Mafia wanting to lynch quickly, meaning that Mafia can just watch you screw town over by yourself assuming you are indeed town.

I don't see town intent at all in this post, it's the kind of post that forces people to assume you are town and that more often than not comes from scum who doesn't want to get the town cred the normal way.

Emmy A. wrote:
It has value. I think it will be affected by how confident we are in the odds of a given person flipping scum. I have my thoughts on how scum would play things if we did it later, but if scum doesn't share those thoughts I don't want to start giving them ideas early on-it's something I can use to scumhunt later on if scum sets off that tell.

I, for one, am in favor of using the cycle at least once between Night 1/2. Not necessarily both, but forcing scum to no kill early on is super helpful from a discussion standpoint. We could then save the other for a situation like MyLo, where many players prefer to No Lynch anyway.

I think Night 1/4 are the most optimal nights to do it, since Night 1 means that we get more snowball potential into Day 2 as we can hit the ground running off discussion based on Day 1 without missing anyone's opinions and Night 4 because it prolongs the then MyLo/LyLo.

Caroline M. wrote:Halsey what is the significance of inflicting confusion between users in each account and how does it help with your dazzling plan? And more importantly how does it help with finding scum? Atm i am not buying the fact it is a scheme but i'll wait for what u have to say about the conclusion you got from it.

He already mentioned that the significance is him seeing if Mafia wants to quickly lynch, which is already a flawed point in itself.

Halsey N. wrote:Caroline M.: I see this user as town. The reason for this is because this user has been actively helping by not only coming up with new information to the strategy itself. What makes this differnt from Anima is that it seemed to not be premade or thought up before meaning it was most likely something spontaneous that user came up with meaning this user is less worried about their image. Not only this, but this user has been looking for reasons behind lynches and has been actively  pressuring users and asking well made questions that benefit town.

Dr. Proctor.: Well, bunch of filler and seems to be barely getting into the game from what this user said "slow on the uptake". Either that or in all honesty, being scum in my opinion. Has not posted anything at all despite accessing the forums when chat blew up and still on Cherry due to RVS reasons. I want to see reads from this player to see which one of these two he is.

Emmy A. : Essentially the same thing as Caroline. (there is alot of posts though so I will have to go through them again. So far, analyzying the RVS conflict.) On the RVS lynching, I have a similar thought process I believe once I actually take the time to think about it.

Sidenote: I want to talk about the form of RVS scumhunting though. I also do not like it but because RVS is essentially filler that anybody can make up and is inherently scummy itself. It's the players who after a period of time stick with their RVS lynch or even try to defend it or exaggerate the scumminess of it are scummy themselves.
All that I see are that the benefits from RVS are looking into certain player reactions and then try to connect those reactions ingame (or build a chain of responses from what character to another) unless somebody wants to defend this as an actual basis to look for scum which I find outrageous (like tunneling). I also find equally outrageous if anybody dismisses this stage as irrelevant as it clearly isn't.
After thinking about this for some time. I also want to ask Clara what she literallly meant by not liking the scumhunting on "pregame shit". Like for example, what does she not like about it. That statement is too general and can mean so many things....

(will make the my third reads I guess and then go back to Emmy as I feel I missed some stuff) In the 3rd post I'll try to explain what I meant by my "dazzling plan" (I sense a lack of confidence..)

This is just the kind of easy post scum can make if you ask me, rolling in the fact that this user has done nothing discussion worthy. Every post Halsey has made so far is either the 10 hour thing, which forces people to assume you are town, or readlists/general statements, which don't spark discussion and is pretty much NAI in most circumstances.

Halsey N. wrote:
Cherry P. wrote:and halsey, not sure if you planned on doing this but  once you're done with your reads, can you elaborate further on what your goal was with your first four posts?

Yeah, what IS this "dazzling plan". You have no reason to hold back information as town.

Currently my strongest scumread falls on Halsey, mostly for their posting style and their seemingly lacking scummy content, which is because he's engaged in NOTHING than he can possibly be incriminated for. He has contributed nothing to discussion, made nothing but general statements and reads, and the non-statement/read he has is something about a "plan" which he's not only withholding info on, he's also forcing town!Halsey on everyone else with the reason of the plan to work. Coupled with the confusion he intended to sow, it's a very solid way for scum to screw with town's discussion.

Vote Halsey

Dr. Proctor and Jeremiah ping for similar reasons to each other, their ratio of active lurk:content is a bit too high for me to like it, but the degree I read them for is quite small as of present moment.

Currently feeling town vibes from Emmy and Caroline, although I disagree with Caroline's manner of speech, that's just a personal thing and both of them have very clearly been actively furthering discussion.

I'm going to ask a question. Did you actually read the whole game or just skimmed through separate posts because all of this was already addressed and you seem to be taking stuff out of context.

Yes I have read the game, I wouldn't be posting otherwise. Yes, this has all been addressed. Do you take issue with me providing my own personal insight into whatever I quoted? Everyone's opinions are different, and just because someone has responded to a topic already, does not mean that everyone else feels the same.

Halsey N. wrote:Also what do you mean I have done nothing discussion worthy. You just dismissed me without even explaining how what I did was "useless". I read the game and gave insights on posts that users wrote. Why are we also discussing the strategy, this has already been discussed enough and discussed fully.

I explained, I think you're the one not reading my post. If you require further elaboration, read lists are just stating what a user does and what you read them because of that, which was what you did, and there's not really a way anyone can respond to those kinds of questions. Discussion worthy posts would be posts like what you just directed to me, questions that outsiders can easily get involved in.

If you're referring to the Fruit Pass Strategy, then there are many slight variations that have been proposed and I was picking out the ones I agreed with. If you're referring to your 10-hour strategy, then I dare say that it has not been discussed fully.

Halsey N. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:
Emmy A. wrote:

Is OMGUS during RVS a thing?  I honestly don't remember.  I don't necessarily have an issue with it, but people like to bandwagon on the weirdest things in these games.

Also, isn't this essentially vanilla with the added element of everyone being a false positive for some reason?  Unless there's a hidden tracker/watcher the fruit giving essentially means nothing, and from what I can tell the fruit giving isn't even compulsive so town has no actual reason to give fruit.

I've apparently already made my RVS vote so I'll keep it as is to avoid confusion.

RVS is RVS. It is a "Random Voting Stage", and personally I have no problems with 2 lynch wagons or OMGUS during RVS; however, I do have a problem with RVS being uncallingly prolonged --- at one point we gotta start scumhunting. RVS is just to get everyone active and to see their reactions (Which, I might comment, I haven't really seen any bad reactions which is good).

There are no hidden elements to this game (Correct me if I am wrong). Fruit is actually very important, since we can catch scum using POE. As the gamelink says, Mafia may not Fruit and Kill on the same night, which is very important since it makes it easier to catch scum. Of course, we have to beware on the fact Mafia might fake their fruit, and that "The person who is fruited is not notified how many fruit they get." Either way, it is basically a Vanilla that has an aspect that slightly benefits town.

Also, did anyone answer my question on how to tag people? Is the only way to quote them?
I saw many posts related to this, so had to comment on this. This is easily breakable - both the scum claim to have given fruit to a single person. Since the person who receives fruit is not told how many fruits they have received, both the mafia say that they fruited a single person, and that it was a coincidence. Though the coincidence to happen again is quite unusual, this protects us from one kill. But it's just one kill - a method which protects us completely would be suited better.

This method is quite strong - but this would mean that we're trusting you. What if you're actually scum, and you have positioned you and your partner next to each other, so that you both can easily lie about receiving fruit? Also, what if, just by coincidence, both the scum partners are put next to each other? I know this is, in a way, an advantage for the town, and I totally admit that this method is, quite strong, and can be considered. But, we have a more foolproof method. Thank Emmy A.

This method is 99% foolproof. That 1% is just as stated above - what if the town member, by coincidence, places both scum members next to each other? Though this would mean that both the scum members are places next to each other, and would rather by beneficial for us.

I haven't read much, I'm really sorry for not being active lately. I would be ISO'ing as many as possible, especially Cherry P. and Emmy A., since these are two people which are either total town or total scum material.

Again, my own insight may matter. I do not appreciate having my opinions being dismissed by you and allowing myself to be swept away by a larger whole.

Halsey N. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:For clarification on "easy post" about Halsey, reads lists are just simple to make, state what user is doing and talk a little about why scum/town would do it.

Reads lists being your sole content point is also not good as it doesn't really incite discussion as it's mostly just common sense, nothing can be discussed or otherwise create further content from it. It comes from Scum wanting to look helpful but not actually helpful.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't scumread reads lists as a whole. Using reads lists as a supplementary method of generating content is perfectly fine in my eyes, and probably even a towny aspect then. But when it's your sole source of content, your only remotely useful type of post, that's when it pings on my scumdar.

You see the tree instead of seeing the whole forest again. This list was not only a read list, it also was to respond to questions users had about me if you actually took the time to read them and I made a bunch of them and about everybody into comprehensive detail and from what they have posted. That is why I made a longer one about Emmy if you did not check it out and about how she is acting, not only about the posts themselves. Basically scumhunting. I am responding to every post a user makes about me. I am posting thoughts on other users and questioning their actions. Finally, I am looking up for any behaviors and nuances those users have if you didn't realize that as well and am not withholding any information whatsoever.

However what I find funny is your 'sparking conversation" point. I mean you here are responding to me so lmao nitwit. That's such a trash. Especially the "sole source of content" if you actually took time and read through my posts instead of stereotyping me. Especially if you read the game, you would have never done this in my opinion.

1. Your read lists and question answering was done in a very final manner. You went into comprehensive detail about what they did, but that, in the end, is still only detailing what they did.
2. You did question their motives, but it still generates little discussion. A: "Why did you do this?" B: "Because of X, which led to Y" A: "Oh OK"
3. Information withholding was referring to your "dazzling plan" and how you're not elaborating on it.

Halsey N. wrote:Also talking about the strategy (which is filler at this point to everybody who has read the game) is causing no USEFUL conversation (yes, this is conversation and your posts are sparking it like mines are, but your conversations are not useful at all). So I suggest you read the full game and start being useful because you are ignoring alot of factors that have already been addressed and repeating them will cause no useful conversation. Instead this will be the "only source" you talk about.

I have read the full game, and this is my current interpretation of what I seen of the game and considering all factors, this is the conclusion I have reached. If you take issue with it, how about you point out whatever I'm missing and make a proper rebuttal to me, rather than just say I didn't read the game and call it a day. I don't appreciate you making it seem like I'm obviously wrong when you yourself have not put in effort in convincing I'm wrong.

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:

On to Halsey.  From what I can gather, he read through the game, pretended not to have read through the game, and restated information to see if anyone jumped on him for restating information.  I have no way to confirm or deny that he knew what he was doing, but I can confirm that if he did, Cherry 100% fell for the bait. Someone who shows up suddenly and immediately starts out by being redundant would quickly become a very easy target, something that it seems that she picked up on (or didn't if it was a trap I guess).  Regardless, I don't see the reposting of the idea as all that scummy, and his analysis otherwise isn't raising many red flags (at this point, I've gotten notifications of multiple posts from you while I've been typing this and haven't read those yet).  

So you scumread Cherry more than anyone else at this point of the game? If so why? I myself don't really see anything scumread worthy in their posts, and I don't see where you find the confusion from.

On a similar note, what is your opinion on Cherry responding to Halsey's supposed bait like that? Do you think they're more town or scum for it?

Halsey N. wrote:Oh um sorry. Meant to ask what I stated in the first paragraph in question form like the following.

Although those questions might not even matter anymore after that post. I need to read your post fully and have some time to give you my thoughts.

What about them gives you the impression that they were being reserved, avoiding conflict? If it's due to their lack of real posting in the game, why target them rather than another lurker/active lurker, like Anima?

To Halsey, so after you assumed I didn't read the game, and now knowing that I indeed DID read the game and this is my conclusion, what else do you want to say to me? If you're going to continue to fight me, I'd appreciate it if you made proper attacks rather than just brush me off. And as of present moment, do you think I'm scum? If not, why? And if yes, why is your vote not on me?

Preview Edit:
To Halsey, I notice you indeed are looking at people's posting style. Why are you doing this, and what benefit do you see in doing this? Why not just read their content as it is, why is their posting style a factor in what you think of them? And if it isn't a factor, why are you bothering to find out then?

OK let's start.

First of all, on what are you confused about the plan did I did. I already elaborated on it plentiful. Secondly, that readlist I did was intended for the respective people to respond back and initiate conversation one point at a time like I am doing now to you (not saying my read is what attracted you, it was that I made a readlist itself which I did not make points final, I made them open ended). By open ended, I expect people to respond back to them. As you see, the one that had not responded to me, the list seemed final, but because at that point, I had nothing to go on. People like Emmy and Cherry I reiterated more and went back and forth leaving them open like you did when you responded and vice versa. For people like Jeremiah, I had some stuff to go on which was the style of the posts. I mean, you are looking at the style of my posts as well so I do not see what is different. Unless you mean the context of my posts which I already explained and I also talked about the context of Jeremiah's. I wanted to see his explanation because that was my only question and what he said made sense. I mean, it makes no sense to keep pressuring him on why he wasn't here because he would keep giving the same response.

Secondly, I grabbed the playerlist from the order of the Alive spoiler in page one. I also then suggest that 5v2 would be when fruit is used if the setup is still 5v2. That meant no mafia had been lynched and thus, we have no nightkills for that time leaving us with control of the killcount. Although you said that there was no reason to bring itup at the end so why try to FOS me on that (looks like reaching).

Also, I considered your fruit thing filler because you already agreed with Emmy's suggestion. Your opinion wouldn't different at all because that plan was fool proof to begin with.

You said why I would target somebody like Jeremiah compared to somebody like Anima, yes? Well I stated that in the reads, how do I even begin to do that. The person just did some math and hasn't talked since. What do I make out of that??? How do I even begin to question a person that has no post style, no reads of FOS, nada at all?

I wasn't even targeting based off lurking and yet you assume that. I targeted Jeremiah because his posts were latent FOS' and he didn't pressure on them. In fact he did nothing at all with them. He also just restated information which is basically filler since that information was already published and just asked some questions.

BTW, Jeremiah, I forgot to penalize you on that. Why just make random questions that seem to have no insight into the game whatsoever. That cannot be defended by your PS anon access justification.

I did come to my conclusions when he made his most recent post however and stated that above to the questions I asked.

Finally the following:
Kimmy S. wrote:To Halsey, I notice you indeed are looking at people's posting style. Why are you doing this, and what benefit do you see in doing this? Why not just read their content as it is, why is their posting style a factor in what you think of them? And if it isn't a factor, why are you bothering to find out then?

I am looking at people's post style because of the following. Wouldn't you think that a post style like that of Jeremiah's before is trying its best to conceal itself, to not warrant attention. So reserved to the point that his posts were not attacking any individuals whatsoever and were only causing filler? By reserved I mean not making any conclusions, not pressuring, etc. Obviously it benefits to town because I see this as a way to scum-hunt seen by my explanation. Also you are the one that FOSd Caroline's manner of speech, so how is this different from what I did? Atleast I feel I explained mine. What is suspicious about Caroline's manner of speech?

You are referring to this right? Or are you referring to the 4post plan that I initiated. I explained that plan plentiful. Tell me what you do not understand.

Kimmy S. wrote:And as of present moment, do you think I'm scum? If not, why? And if yes, why is your vote not on me?

I mean, I thought you had not read the game because I feel my actions were explained thoroughly and justified which is why my vote was not on you. It wasn't until your second post that I can have a conversation with you like this since you stated why of what I was doing is scummy compared to before in which you just labeled my actions as a whole scummy. You picked apart my actions which is much better than what you did before which was just generalizing.

As of now, I want to see you react with other players since we are on a 1v1 and that is not enough to deem you either town or scum.

Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:50 am

Well not second post. The post after my flaming post (which I am sorry, I actually thought you had not read the game for the reasons above).
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:07 am

Cherry P. wrote:hi i was following this from my phone and i wanted to make a phone when i had computer access
now i have computer access but im too tired
ill make a post tomorrow
glad kimmy was able to join us, hopefully the other inactives will follow and do the same
two things of note
jeremiah appears incapable of reading my logic properly
i read kimmys argument and i didnt like it
yes I will elaborate later
if you dont like that i didnt do it now deal with it im tired

So you followed PS anon from your phone and that inspired you to make your own phone??? So how is that going?
I am going to sleep also now that I have responded to Kimmy.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:57 am

Halsey N. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:

Caroline M. wrote:

Emmy A. wrote:

Halsey N. wrote:

Vote Halsey

Halsey N. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:
Emmy A. wrote:

Halsey N. wrote:

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:

Preview Edit:

OK let's start.

First of all, on what are you confused about the plan did I did. I already elaborated on it plentiful. Secondly, that readlist I did was intended for the respective people to respond back and initiate conversation one point at a time like I am doing now to you (not saying my read is what attracted you, it was that I made a readlist itself which I did not make points final, I made them open ended). By open ended, I expect people to respond back to them. As you see, the one that had not responded to me, the list seemed final, but because at that point, I had nothing to go on. People like Emmy and Cherry I reiterated more and went back and forth leaving them open like you did when you responded and vice versa. For people like Jeremiah, I had some stuff to go on which was the style of the posts. I mean, you are looking at the style of my posts as well so I do not see what is different. Unless you mean the context of my posts which I already explained and I also talked about the context of Jeremiah's. I wanted to see his explanation because that was my only question and what he said made sense. I mean, it makes no sense to keep pressuring him on why he wasn't here because he would keep giving the same response.

Re: The Plan: Apologies, I missed the explanation upon my initial accusation.

The read list originally pinged me, but upon rereading, it appears that I may have been misguided. However, would still like to request of you as to the reasons why certain reads felt like it really was final. I can see how Cherry and Emmy could be discussed upon though.

I don't think I was looking at the style of your posts as much as I was trying to decipher the intent of them.

Secondly, I grabbed the playerlist from the order of the Alive spoiler in page one. I also then suggest that 5v2 would be when fruit is used if the setup is still 5v2. That meant no mafia had been lynched and thus, we have no nightkills for that time leaving us with control of the killcount. Although you said that there was no reason to bring itup at the end so why try to FOS me on that (looks like reaching).

I mentioned why bring up the point of 5v2, if you yourself said we should use fruit. Unless what you meant was "let the game reach 5v2 and then use the fruit strategy to prevent LyLo", I saw/see no reason for the 5v2 point to be brought up.

Also, I considered your fruit thing filler because you already agreed with Emmy's suggestion. Your opinion wouldn't different at all because that plan was fool proof to begin with.

You said why I would target somebody like Jeremiah compared to somebody like Anima, yes? Well I stated that in the reads, how do I even begin to do that. The person just did some math and hasn't talked since. What do I make out of that??? How do I even begin to question a person that has no post style, no reads of FOS, nada at all?

I believe you originally wanted to attack Jeremiah for his "not wanting to be in conflict", which you further elaborated was due to them not posting a lot about their opinions/not acting on them. I responded with the Anima thing because they too, have not posted opinions and has not acted on anything.

I wasn't even targeting based off lurking and yet you assume that. I targeted Jeremiah because his posts were latent FOS' and he didn't pressure on them. In fact he did nothing at all with them. He also just restated information which is basically filler since that information was already published and just asked some questions.

At the point in time, your case was due to their lack of action, and Anima, the lurker, had a lack of action as well. Although I agree with you about FoSing without action is scummier than no action at all, what I didn't understand there was that if you felt that Jeremiah's lack of action was worth calling out, why was Anima's not worth calling out.

Upon further reread and clarification here though, I can kind of see from your angle where you're coming from.

BTW, Jeremiah, I forgot to penalize you on that. Why just make random questions that seem to have no insight into the game whatsoever. That cannot be defended by your PS anon access justification.

I did come to my conclusions when he made his most recent post however and stated that above to the questions I asked.

Finally the following:
Kimmy S. wrote:To Halsey, I notice you indeed are looking at people's posting style. Why are you doing this, and what benefit do you see in doing this? Why not just read their content as it is, why is their posting style a factor in what you think of them? And if it isn't a factor, why are you bothering to find out then?

I am looking at people's post style because of the following. Wouldn't you think that a post style like that of Jeremiah's before is trying its best to conceal itself, to not warrant attention. So reserved to the point that his posts were not attacking any individuals whatsoever and were only causing filler? By reserved I mean not making any conclusions, not pressuring, etc. Obviously it benefits to town because I see this as a way to scum-hunt seen by my explanation. Also you are the one that FOSd Caroline's manner of speech, so how is this different from what I did? Atleast I feel I explained mine. What is suspicious about Caroline's manner of speech?

I had not explicitly FOSed them for their post style, they were still a townread and I even mentioned that "Manner Of Speech" thing was completely personal, i.e unrelated to my opinion of them in the game.

So would you say that Jeremiah's post style, as noted by you, would be indicative of Scum or Town? By "post style", I refer to the "nuance" you referred to of Jeremiah reposting things as a build-up to his actual post. Why call this a "nuance" of his post style rather than just calling it filler?

You are referring to this right? Or are you referring to the 4post plan that I initiated. I explained that plan plentiful. Tell me what you do not understand.

Was referring to the above

Kimmy S. wrote:And as of present moment, do you think I'm scum? If not, why? And if yes, why is your vote not on me?

I mean, I thought you had not read the game because I feel my actions were explained thoroughly and justified which is why my vote was not on you. It wasn't until your second post that I can have a conversation with you like this since you stated why of what I was doing is scummy compared to before in which you just labeled my actions as a whole scummy. You picked apart my actions which is much better than what you did before which was just generalizing.

As of now, I want to see you react with other players since we are on a 1v1 and that is not enough to deem you either town or scum.

Responses in italics since I'm lazy to break the post up.

Unvote Halsey

Realized most of my points was me being bad at reading as well as possibly misinterpreting a few things. Still would appreciate if they answered the questions I posed up there.
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:59 am

Halsey N. wrote:Well not second post. The post after my flaming post (which I am sorry, I actually thought you had not read the game for the reasons above).

No offense taken, I can see how you would feel so
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Infernando G. Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:49 am

Hi frenssssssss

just to give u some updates because my partner is trash and keeps coming online and not posting
so with the fruit strategy, can mafia not give fruit and kill instead and then claim to not have gotten a fruit to frame someone? or would that be a good thing cause we know one of the two are lying Surprised
And not sure what everyone else thinks but maybe since we have limited fruit it would be a good thing to do whatever strategy on later days to preserve deaths since in the beginning it takes a day or two to get proper reads. I just think it would be more beneficial to prevent deaths when there are fewer players and we have a better idea of who to lynch.
Infernando G.
Infernando G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Infernando G. Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:55 am

P.S. scummy emmy is scummy
bc she's doing that "I'll get to that later" "I'll do this soon thing". I know town also does that but mafia usually does it when they're overthinking whether saying something would be scummy. I do that when I'm scum.
It could just be her being lazy but from what I've ready her scummy vibes are what have mainly stuck with me.

Unlynch Anima
Lynch Emmy

On a nicer note: HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY WEEKEND MY LOVIES <3
Infernando G.
Infernando G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Infernando G. Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:56 am

read*
Infernando G.
Infernando G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 am

Infernando G. wrote:Hi frenssssssss

just to give u some updates because my partner is trash and keeps coming online and not posting
so with the fruit strategy, can mafia not give fruit and kill instead and then claim to not have gotten a fruit to frame someone? or would that be a good thing cause we know one of the two are lying Surprised
And not sure what everyone else thinks but maybe since we have limited fruit it would be a good thing to do whatever strategy on later days to preserve deaths since in the beginning it takes a day or two to get proper reads. I just think it would be more beneficial to prevent deaths when there are fewer players and we have a better idea of who to lynch.

1 It's a good thing because 1v1 with 1 of them being guaranteed scum is always to town's benefit unless it's LyLo.
2. Yes, which is why i suggested doing the strategy N1/N4 rather than N1/N2

Infernando G. wrote:P.S. scummy emmy is scummy
bc she's doing that "I'll get to that later" "I'll do this soon thing". I know town also does that but mafia usually does it when they're overthinking whether saying something would be scummy. I do that when I'm scum.
It could just be her being lazy but from what I've ready her scummy vibes are what have mainly stuck with me.

Unlynch Anima
Lynch Emmy

How is "I'll get to that later" scum? Everyone does it, just by saying "Scum can do it" doesn't mean town can't do it too right? You yourself admitted that town does it too, what about it makes you feel like it comes from scum this time rather than town?

I think overall I'd prefer a promise to hold someone to ("I'll get back to it later"), rather than flat out inactivity (I wonder who).
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:38 am

I'm going to get off now, but I don't want to cross a night without my vote on someone.

so I'm just going to quickly do a
Vote Anima
and see what happens tomorrow. Good Night.
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 am

Infernando G. wrote:P.S. scummy emmy is scummy

Unlynch Anima
Lynch Emmy

What?

1. Just because you yourself do something more often as scum doesn't make it an automatic scumtell for everyone else.

2. Have you considered that, just maybe, I could have a life outside of this game and can't always do everything I want to before going offline?

Anyway, I'm here now and will be able to finish. Kimmy's quote walls are going to make me cry though. Sad
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Halsey N. wrote:Now from what I am seeing about Emmy, here is a more clear read of what I have of the user/users: (I like to do this to the most active member)
Seeing every posting style is the same (in characteristics). This person seems to be the type that rushes into things and posts whatever is on his/her mind without thinking it throughly. I find it a little hard to make my reads since this user is pretty much everwhere (sorry about that Cherry) and kind of distorts my thought process (since I haven't read one post at a time like others who were in this game at the beginning in order to catch up and time constraints obviously causing this to happen). However this user isn't quick to lynch (seems this user only lynches when this user is sure of an SR). This user hasn't done anything inherently scummy unless the rushing into conclusions is something to count. That is contradicted however by not being hostile towards me
(although mine was a stand-alone post compared to other posts). Guess I was in the Anima category of stand-alone posts (not getting into conflict).
From now on, everybody should start asking questions about users. The strategy has been developed, so there is no need to go back to it and will be filler since if there is any questions about it, it can be reread.
This game is also becoming self-centered on a particular group of users while others are ignored, that is not good. The issue though is if a user does not talk, not much can be said about that user. I would like Dr. Proktor to talk and respond back to my reads.
So I actually had to ask AJ how much I was allowed to explain things regarding this to keep from saying something like, "I'm the Emmy who did this thing." It turns out that we have rather similar posting styles, and I personally do find myself posting stream-of-conciousness posts sometimes. Us being "everywhere" is due to differing opinions, and now that I have confirmation that I can indicate when I'm in full disagreement with myself I'll aim to be clearer about that. Our(?) read on you is an example of the differing opinions-one of us had you in the slight town pile and the other didn't agree with that based on the posts you had at the time.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Quoting Kimmy's wall is something I will not do, so:

Here's how I'm understanding Halsey's reaction test: His early filler posts made him a sort of easy target for scum. As we saw from the discussions with Cherry, it would look scummy to instantly go after Halsey for the filler. The other member of a hydra in a scumteam might then quickly unlynch or try to cover up for their partner so the move as a whole didn't seem that scummy. I don't know if the other Cherry was online at that time, but if they were and the Cherry account hastily posted something like "This is just a pressure vote of course, not saying I scumread you fully!" it would have been indicative of what Halsey was trying to bait. I'm pretty sure this is the plan he's referring to.

Thus, I see town intent in the post, which makes me think Halsey is more likely to be town. Could he be scum trying to seem helpful with a fake reaction test? Yes. Do I think he would intentionally do something scummy as scum just for the sake of a reaction test? No.

I believe we're all in agreement that we should use one of our fruit circles Night 1. If someone disagrees, they should say so. I want to get this set up sooner rather than later so we aren't scrambling at deadline. The person being lynched should be the one to decide the circle, in my opinion. If they for whatever reason don't give a circle, the playerlist is a good reference to use.

I'm a bit wary of Jeremiah's return. I understand his POV on Cherry, but since Cherry was also his RVS lynch and what little opinion he expressed at that point was directed at her, I'm not sure if this is an extension of a tunnel or a legitimate read. It doesn't help that his paragraph on Halsey is him summing up what Halsey did and then just adding "it's not all that scummy."

Halsey, what's your exact read on Cherry/Jeremiah at the moment? Jeremiah, what's your read on Halsey?

@Kimmy, my personal thoughts on Jeremiah's passiveness stem from his early behavior. I have a post about it somewhere, but basically it's all "is omgus common?" and other things that I wouldn't have called scumhunting.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:02 pm

SO. The first post of Cherry's ISO that caught my attention was:
Cherry P. wrote:nah i lynched you because i did it at the start of the game and I don't like not following through
I'm having trouble putting into words why I find it notable. It kind of feels like just continuing the joke RVS vote on Jeremiah, but since the RVS vote wasn't random I then wonder, "Why didn't you just explain the vote here?"

Cherry P. wrote:oh yeah i remember now the reason i planned on lynching you pre-game start, jeremiah, was that whichever one of you jokingly said that they shouldn't be too scummy so that they don't get lynched looked bad to me due to an excessive amount of self-awareness.
why i see that as negative is that town who are like this can hold back from saying useful info because they're afraid that they could be seen as scummy for their thought process and thus useful discussion that could have occurred was stifled.
i see it as scummy because scum tend to look over all of their posts and do their best to make sure that they don't look bad, and even talking about that in a joking manner does convey this self-awareness /self-censorship/whatever
First thought on this on readback: I still don't like how you "forgot" your reason for lynching him.
Second thought on this on readback: The use of the word "negative" rather than "scummy" in the second paragraph does support the idea that Cherry was simultaneously explaining why Jeremiah should stop this is he's town.

Cherry P. wrote:
Emmy A. wrote:

This is the second half of Emma (the person who has the previous posts), and I can't exactly answer all the questions you are sending at my other counterpart. However, I do have a comment; How come your so caught up into this "reasons I lynched Jeremiah" thing? Why do you feel the need to have to explain your RVS lynch? I may be missing something, if you would like to elaborate, that would be great.
i'm caught up in it because i was trying to explain why it wasn't a bandwagon?
i think multiple people are calling it an RVs lynch, which it technically is, but i'd say a better way of thinking about it is a lynch with some reasoning (yes I understand the reasoning isn't the strongest but the game had just started and it was something that stood out to me) that I followed through on in the RVs stage. I remember there was another game where something similar happened (some dude was excessively nervous when other people were joking about him being lynched, so then everyone lynched him as a result).
I think I recall which game you're talking about. I personally think the cases are different due to this being a hydra and that person being more clearly legitimately scared about a wagon that was building on him. There's once again the question here of why you didn't just explain the reasoning of your Jeremiah vote when you made it, and frustratingly if you somehow did forget about it there's no way I can know.

I believe I've given my thoughts on the other posts so far. Overall I'm finding this slot as a whole a shaky one but not one I'd support a lynch on at the moment.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ugh. There are a number of people who said they wanted to hear Cherry's reason for her Halsey vote but haven't actually done anything now that she's posted that and more. Shepherd and Clara, what are your thoughts on that/other things?
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Halsey N. wrote:

These are both pretty much asking the same question, so I'll answer them together. In these anon games, I've noticed that most day 1 scumreads are based on weak logic and generally the lynch outcome is based more on luck (was it a townie that slipped d1 or a scum?) as opposed to later days when more information is available and people have had ample time to get solid reads on each other. I usually don't like to go after people unless I'm fairly sure that they are mafia, and most of the reads I get day 1 are rolls of the dice. In terms of avoiding conflict, the only conflict that I remember seeing was Halsey v Cherry about the validity of her scumhunting, most of which involved scumreading me for pre game talk, so I haven't had much to say on the matter other than what I said in my last post. It's just not really my style to call people out unless I see a read or idea that doesn't make logical sense.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Quick note on quoting: is it really necessary to quote an entire conversation between two people when you're just adding one comment to it? Cant you either quote the important messages separately or just quote the most recent part of the message? It gets really tough to read when I see the same quotes 3+ times on the same page.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah W. Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:55 pm

Halsey N. wrote:
Jeremiah W. wrote:which isn't exactly the best logic to follow, despite this being day 1. My lynch is on her right now and I don't care to unlynch since her defense of this confusing logical progression irks me.
. Can you explain that also?

Plurality currently isn't on her, and as of now I haven't really developed reads on many of the other players (something I will be doing shortly). Unless I get a different understanding of the situation when I read through her posts again, I haven't been satisfied by any of Cherry's explanations for why she lynched Halsey and I. I'll discuss more after going through her ISO.
Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next