PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 31: Separated Scum

+12
Kodama N.
Kazalie Z.
Roderick S.
Mr. Honcho
Rhonda R.
Maria S.
Mona L.
Mr. Cheeves
Wilkinson A.
Ed S.
Magnus D.
ajhockeystar
16 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Game 31: Separated Scum - Page 17 Empty Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by ajhockeystar Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Votecount 5.1

Mona L.(1)- Wilkinson A.
Wilkinson A.(1)- Mona L.
Ed S.(0)-
Not Voting(1)- Ed S.
There are 3 alive so it takes 2 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 21st at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Mona L. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Okay so two things. On Roderick, I'd say it's possible he inspected me and got town, so he wanted to share that information without looking suspicious, I think it's likely that Kodama was hidden miller with the way Roderick acted towards him.

Second, I thought I'd explained the thing on my use of 'torn' before but I guess not. Making posts helps me sort my thoughts. At the beginning of that post I was in the mindset of 'find one scum and lynch them' which doesn't account for the possibility that they are BOTH scum. Later in the post I realized that they could both be scum, but I forgot about saying I was torn at the beginning of the post. So yeah that was weird and contradictory, but it was because my thoughts at the beginning of the post were somewhat contradictory to those at the end. I realized I was being dumb but forgot to remove me being dumb.
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 am

I went back to check. you did mention it and I was bad and didn't notice. Thank you for restating it though.

I see Wilkinson's been on again. With <36 hours to deadline I'm uncertain when I can next get online, so I'll wait for a while to see if he's typing something but I intend on hammering if he's not. I don't know if he's trying the same thing Rhonda did as far as not saying anything goes, but it obviously didn't work for Rhonda so unless he's trying to wifom it (which town should have no reason to do) I don't see why he's yet to respond.

Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:15 am

Lynch Wilkinson A.

and go offline to avoid the incoming wave of Ed hate.

I need to find Lila C.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:17 am

Don't put me in a kingmaker ever again.

I don't react to these situations well.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:24 am

Gg Ed. We won, even though it was a bit of a rough game. The lylo clutch was real in this game.
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:29 am

Votecount 5.2

Wilkinson A.(2)- Mona L., Ed S. HAMMER!
Mona L.(1)- Wilkinson A.
Ed S.(0)-
Not Voting(0)-
There are 3 alive so it takes 2 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 21st at 9pm EST.

Wilkinson A. was lynched.

he was the…:

Congrats to the winners! I shall make the MVP form and points distribution soon, and the player guessing/Skype call stuff will come after the other game ends. In the meanwhile, here’s the list of night actions!

Spoiler:

GG, and I hope to see you all next game!
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:33 am

And I should mention, Magnus was the Miller Razz
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:35 am

Game 31: Separated Scum - Page 17 Tumblr_lslv6lJjLP1qiso2g
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:40 am

As long as I'm alone and nobody can abuse me, I'd like to point out that I was going to originally shoot Rhonda n2 and Mona n3.

Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:43 am

And also Mona deserves MVP. Imo she did well w/ pressure and iirc she never had an actual vote made against her.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonda R. Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Wow.

Ed, you played amazingly and just blew a 50/50 at the end which sucks but isn't the worst play ever. You had all these analyses of the situation based on how I was acting toward Roderick/Mona throughout the game, and the truth is that I never even inspected Mona and all my reads were rushed thanks to never having any free time irl. I honestly thought this game was over because you had Mona figured out a few days ago then went against your first instinct in the end. Regardless, GG, and I honestly don't deserve any points from this game.
Rhonda R.
Rhonda R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Ed S. wrote:I am no longer on a Wii U, though my ability to post remains sporadic. However, Rhonda has finally posted her readlist and something about it stands out to me.

Brace yourself for a theory of a scumteam pairing.

A Mona+Rhonda+??? scumteam was the theory in the back of my mind...

<snip>
I think if this is in fact the scumteam, the third member of the group is one of Wilkinson/Roderick.

I feel slightly better about myself for this, although it was based on flawed logic (w/ the inspections not matching up). I think it would have turned out differently too if you'd had more free time and for some reason I feel like it would have been a lot of fun. (Hint hint AJ put us in the same game next time.)
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S. Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:20 pm

I mean ed is lucky that its been over a week since he shot me so i am not gonna slaughter him, plus he already knows he's terribad xD. Anyway i definitely think i could have played the end of day 3 better but i was rushed and really confused whether or not rhonda or kodama was the scum. I'll explain what i was thinking pretty much throughout day 3 (but the scumteams were more near the end).

I thought of a conjecture after magnus was shot and peoples comments on it, that i was fairly sure is true. This being that out of Ed and Mona, one of them is the vig and the other is scum. Ofc i wasnt sure which but defo near the start of day 3 i was leaning to mona scum and ed vig. Howevee as day 3 was playing out, i became more and more torn between whether rhonda and kodama is scum. I knew that one of them was scum and that if kodama is scum, then ed and wilkinson are his partners and mona was the vig. On the other hand if rhonda is scum, then mona and roderick are her partners with ed being the vig. This was essentially the reason why i found it extremely hard to make a readlist, however i wasnt sure if at the time, saying all of this was a good idea. But yeah since i saw rhonda flip scum, i was extremely ready to shit on mona and roderick, which is why I was so pissed when ed shot me. But it didnt matter anyway since mona also shot me lol.

A few more points to say, i was really hoping that ed would continue his course of "shoot the townie" and shoot mona but the one time he decided not to, the townier person was the scum Sad . I misworded my final post in which i meant to say that roderick isnt as scum [as kodama and rhonda] rather than roderick isnt scum lol, sorry for the misunderstanding but it didnt matter in the end. Finally, congratz to mona for a very smooth win overall Smile well played!!!
Maria S.
Maria S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:10 pm

I did have a pressure vote coming from Maria at some point. Though I would like to point out that all my reads, theorizing and also reasons I couldn't be active were all 100% honest. I don't think I ever actually lied in this game. I genuinely thought Kodama was scum and the only time I did not 100% follow my reads, was when I went on Roderick instead of Kodama, and really I didn't have any other option at that point. At least one one that would have made sense with how I'd been acting before.

I also want to say that I was debating between killing Maria and Ed, because I was pretty sure Ed was the vig, but I couldn't be 100% sure, so I decided to go with Maria because obviously she wasn't going to be killed by our vig right? I also didn't have the time to inspect Ed because I felt like there was a 50% chance of me dying that night. And then there's the fact that if I fucked up and killed a scumbuddy then I would have messed things up soooooooooooooo bad, especially if I died right after (which I thought was likely). So I had to be 100% sure about my target being town. So basically if I had trusted my judgement and killed Ed the game would have ended two days earlier than it did, with only one scum death and Roderick just flying under the radar with his subbing shenanigans.

Also I just noticed I said 'our vig' which reminds me of something, I got so caught up in playing as town that at some point I saw that a townie was lynched and my first thought was "fuck, I could have saved him." It also happened several times where I figured out a scumteam which worked perfectly and then I realized that there were two people in the scum team and neither of them were me, at a point in the game where there were two scum left. So yeah, me playing townie was because I was completely 100% in the mindset of playing as town, except for those moments where I had to decide who to inspect and who to kill.

Anyways this was definitely a fun game, it's always the most fun when it's lylo for several days in a row until there's a 3p lylo, so I guess I don't really regret not killing Ed instead of Maria.

I just thought of something, which is that I had half a mind to keep Maria alive because so far she had been townreading me and she'd even lynched Kodama, but I guess it's for the best that she was killed. Also for the best that she didn't share her thoughts on everything earlier. That could have definitely caused problems.

Honestly Rhonda almost messed things up for me because I am more willing than most people to give those who are inactive a chance, and in this case that could have ended very poorly for me, but Ed didn't kill me so it's fine.

Didn't really expect Magnus to be miller tbh, though it's pretty amazing that so much theorizing on scumteams relied so heavily on things like "kodama miller" or "mona miller" for it to turn out that Magnus was miller and I was scum. Good on Roderick for buddying up to Kodama so much and tunneling on Wilkinson so hard though. That did help me win (and I'm sorry for basically killing you Roderick).

Though looking at night actions I have to wonder, Rhonda, why did you block Wilkinson twice? If you block someone once and there is still a kill, it's fairly safe to assume they're not the vig, especially night 1 when the os vig probably hasn't tried to kill yet.

So yeah that's a lot of my thought process throughout this game for anyone who was curious. Which is probably nobody but I wanted to say this anyways.
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodama N. Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:06 pm

I got anita'd so hard.
gg mona on a well deserved win
still salty that Ed only shot me based on interactions lol but this was still really fun and ngl I didn't think we were even going to make it past the first lylo.
Kodama N.
Kodama N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodama N. Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Tbh I'm proud of everyone for their efforts towards this game.
Honestly, this is the game I've put most effort in and I'm happy with my posts except D1 of course, but if I was in Ed's situation, I also would've lynched Wilkinson so I can't blame him for that, Mona was quite towny so once again, grats on the win! you deserved it!
Kodama N.
Kodama N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonda R. Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Mona L. wrote:Though looking at night actions I have to wonder, Rhonda, why did you block Wilkinson twice? If you block someone once and there is still a kill, it's fairly safe to assume they're not the vig, especially night 1 when the os vig probably hasn't tried to kill yet.

My thought process went a little something like this:

I don't know who my partners are, so I don't want to block them and prevent them from inspecting/killing.  For the most part the town was electing to lynch/shoot people that I was fairly sure weren't really that scummy (Cheeves, Honcho, Magnus?), so I pretty much targetted someone who was at a high risk of being shot, so that if they had a night action they wouldn't do something to prevent themselves from dying or kill someone who I didnt expect to die.  That happened to be Wilkinson both nights because Wilkinson 1 said so little that I thought he might just be the OS vig and doing something crazy like shoot n1 and possibly kill a mafia member.  I was fairly sure that a vig shot that could be influenced during day by 3 mafia members with knowledge of at least one other person would likely hit a townie, so I was content with staying on Wilkinson n2 as night 1 played out fairly well.

Honestly I wish I could have been more active for this because it seemed like one of the more balanced anon themes so far.  For the most part when I'm mafia we're able to predict what direction the game is headed in and use our knowledge of everyone's alignment to our advantage to make perfect reads and gain trust.  With this game, it seemed like everyone was trying to find out who everyone else was, and while that may be a good thing for mafia late in the game once they have enough inspects, the fact that roles are learned as the game progresses allows for town members to find changes in reads on certain people and see how their interactions change with people over the course of the game to find the mafia.

I'd like to see a theme where the 3 or 4 mafia all learn 1 of their partners each night and see how that works out.  Maybe an investigative role for town so that CCs and other fun things could happen.

I just realized my 2nd largest post I made is post game now.  Oh well.
Rhonda R.
Rhonda R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:22 am

Well if you put it that way it does make a lot of sense to block Wilkinson.
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S. Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:36 am

Yeah mona this is exactly why playing as mafia is so much easier than town imo coz you can just embody the persona of town and pretty much forget about your scummy needs so that you can avoid falling into the generic scum traps. That way any sort of question can be explained from a townie perspective. In fact it's even better since scum wouldnt be as affected by wifom and so they dont get shot by paranoid vigs! (Sorry ed i am still a bit salty xD)

I feel like this game had a great day 1 despite mr cheeves flipping town, but its day 2 really hurt because not only magnus was shot simply because he didnt talk as much he used to, pretty much only me and ed were talking about something that didnt benefit in the end since roderick was subbed. The momentum from day 1 went to a standstill which produced a domino effect that lead to a difficult day 3.
Maria S.
Maria S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilkinson A. Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:52 am

TBH that loss for town at the end was hugely a fault of mine, sorry that I could not be more active and I couldn't play better ;-;
Wilkinson A.
Wilkinson A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Well, I was correct in not expecting to be able to get on again prior to now.

Wilkinson don't feel bad No I choked and can't Vig to save my life (literally).

Mona forgetting she was scum is me every time I play as solo scum and it's always amazing. Honestly, I think that's part of what helps to balance this theme.

Can AJ put us all in the same game next cycle tbh?
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:23 pm

I wonder what Mr. Cheeves and Kazalie think of this game.

I always wonder what the first few to die think, but Kazalie especially given her D1 vote on Mona and right after the Kazalie flip I felt bad. I felt bad after all the shots but I probably should have given Kazalie more opportunities to post (that was part of my rationale for not shooting Wilkinson/Mr. Honcho that night) and Kazalie came on a few times D2 while I was waiting for people and I kept wondering what she'd have said.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Also, I can publicly cry about AJ tormenting me with flips. Mad See the multiple spoilers on the Kodama flip and the (appreciated but) many, many HYPES on the Wilkinson flip. There was also a moment at the very start of Day 3 where he had something like:

"The death of last night was:

Magnus D. the Vanilla Townie
and
Ed S. the Compulsive Vigilante

This means:
(Spoiler) Just trolling :^ (Spoiler)"

TL;DR AJ made me cry with these reveals.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilkinson A. Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 am

when is shit gonna be happening
Wilkinson A.
Wilkinson A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content