Game 31: Separated Scum

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:03 pm




I will probably not be online at deadline. I do not know when I will have to leave. I will try to place my vote prior.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm

I'm wondering if Roderick came on, saw a vote on Wilkinson, and thought he could quickhammer or something without noticing Kodama's unlynch.

Wilkinson's thought process is poor, but following said mindset would in fact lead him to react in the way he did, albeit he'd do this as town or scum. Wilkinson not defending any of the scummy thing's he's done is bad.

I'm honestly leaning towards a Roderick/Wilkinson scumteam slightly more now. Wilkinson's motivation for changing to null on Mona is a reread of the thread, which is possible but also comes at a time when it coincidentally sheeps "consensus" only really me and Kodama have given reads on Mona, and they have some contrast.

The most to least likely scumteams, in my opinion, are Roderick/Wilkinson>Roderick/Kodama/Wilkinson/Mona. I'm being "pressured" (read: harassed) to get offline now, so I will Vote Roderick.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Kodama N. on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Ugh. I seriously don't know what to do rn >.>

SOMEONE PLEASE COME ONLINE .-.
avatar
Kodama N.

Posts : 51
Join date : 2017-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Kodama N. on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:22 pm

I just woke up... and yeah. I'm screaming so loudly internally. >.>
Whatever. Let's go for it. Well, if Ed and Mona are the scumteam then gg, you guys played really well but now I shall
Vote Roderick since he is my top scumread / OS Vig read.

prays btw, good job guys, we're on Page 16 and game 30 is on Page 14

I'M GOING TO REGRET THIS SO MUCH AREN'T I


avatar
Kodama N.

Posts : 51
Join date : 2017-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:48 pm

I'm here. I'm screaming. AJ, save us.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by ajhockeystar on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Votecount 4.3
******************************

Roderick S.(3)- Mona L., Ed S., Kodama N. HAMMER!
Wilkinson A.(1)- Roderick S.
Kodama N.(0)-
Mona L.(0)-
Ed S.(0)-
Not Voting(1)- Wilkinson A.
******************************
There are 5 alive so it takes 3 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Sunday the 16th at 9pm EST.

Roderick S. was lynched.

he was the...:
Traitor Cop

Night 4 Commence! Deadline is the 18th at 9pm EST or earlier if I get all actions in.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 947
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by ajhockeystar on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

the death last night was of...:
Kodama N., who was the...

Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie

Day 5 Commence!

Votecount 5.0
******************************

Wilkinson A.(0)-
Mona L.(0)-
Ed S.(0)-
Not Voting(3)- Wilkinson A., Mona L., Ed S.
******************************
There are 3 alive so it takes 2 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 21st at 9pm EST.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 947
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:36 pm

NONONONONONONO.

I'm getting this right. I'm not choking.

Also, I am the Compulsive Vigilante.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 pm

I have some explaining to do regarding my godawful shots.

I lost my wallposts I was making each night about why I was shooting each person (lost them during the Grand Assault on my Computer), but here is the one for Kodama. I was planning on shooting Wilkinson prior to typing this out.

First, I went through Roderick’s posts. Only Roderick #2’s really, as Roderick #1 was only active D1 and was thus useless as far as interactions went. The basic conclusion is that I think he was softing a scum inspect on Rhonda and subtly defending her through D3, while also trying to convince anyone he could to shift to Wilkinson with him.
Spoiler:

Roderick S. wrote:ok i read mostly everything from day 1 and 2, thought it was alot, im sure 1 mafia prob founded one of there unknown partners so i would be aware of that to see if there any change of reads or interaction during the past day as said it mylo/plyo
This, I interpreted as a soft that he’d found a living partner. Or the hidden miller. Basically that he had one (and probably only one Guilty result). Given the erratic nature of his interactions with Wilkinson as detailed below, it’s more likely that he got a guilty inspect on Rhonda.

In his first readlist, he didn’t comment on Mona and townread Kodama with few reasons, while declaring Wilkinson #2 “could be a lurking scum” “like everyone [had] said.” Most people hadn’t said that, so I considered the possibility of this being Roderick softing an inspect on Wilkinson.

Roderick S. wrote:(Insert Maria’s post about the nightkill possibly being from the OS Vig)

I was Going To make a Post About this about this but there already is one. about this post is what make me believe that wilkinson A. is  The Mafia i would say the mafia SO Vig But you Can never be to sure since there other possibility's that can happen. thing is i believe that since wilkinson was Nomed For a Vig shot He Made a Last Effort Shot on magnus who he probably thought who was the the vig. while the CV was blocked. i am putting by faith IN CV because that shot was just to unexpected we have people like roderick s. #1 and wilkin who have be inactive and havent post anything and all of a sudden CV shoot magnus who nobody even suspected? really. so what im saying is  i dont think It Was The CV who Made This shot. what could also boost this read is that it could of been good game yesterday if vig miss fire and mafia os vig dosent so maybe it influnce vig to make a shot. There still More i want to say as for the Town reads on maria and ed s.  which would be in like 10-30 mins since i saw them both online and im eating rn. i think thats everything i wanted to say i would like to know anyone thoughts as for now Lynch wilkinson A
Votes Wilkinson the second Wilkinson #3 subs in. It’s not even responding to something from Wilkinson himself and is just a theory. During Day Two, the few preferred Vigilante shots mentioned were as follows:

Ed: Wilkinson
Mr. Honcho: Mona (Yeah…)
Maria: Rhonda/Mona (Rhonda>Mona)

I was the only one to nominate Wilkinson as the Vigilante shot Day Two. I concluded that Roderick was (A) looking for a reason to shift the lynch off of Rhonda, Kodama, and himself or (B) looking for a way to soft his inspect on Wilkinson a bit more. I believed the first to be more likely.

Roderick S. wrote:(Insert Mona and Kodama’s reads on Maria and Ed)

So im looking at these post as you read them as town because they seem townie/not scummy. what i dont get what makes them town beside there activity(goes for everyone who place a town read on them) cause anyone can ask questions and answer quickly. is there something about there answers? or what type of questions they ask Cause we Have people in the past Who were scummy/inactiveness which i would say is a form of scummyness in the game. Who all flipped town, what does that say for the people who arent scummy? but i would say its mafia criteria to be looked as town. though im sure there still player that are scummy are actually scum but i think one of the scum are really tryna look town or acting town which is one of maria/ed S i'll say Ed Mostly as for now i would consider maria as a slight town read i do agree with them acting very helpful which would seem townie. Also i have anyone of yall even bothered to question any of them. from what i seen i just see your interactions be about something else this is just remember half the post i seen thought im not to sure if this is true so correct me if im wrong i been think about this for 2 hours straight roughly so i dont really to go back and check plus the clock is ticking. i did have a lot to say about something might of slip my mind at the time but hopefully this is everything regarding this topic...um ok idk if its me but the last post had some missing info im going fix it in this post(updated as well as some spelling fixed)
This came across, in light of the flip, as potentially trying to excuse lurking. Roderick never went into detail with why he felt scumhunting should be based more on scumminess. Wilkinson was lurking more at this point, and the contrast with how Roderick read Wilkinson #2 as “lurking scum” was notable.

I’ve gone into detail with Roderick’s explaining his read on Kodama and postponing reads on Rhonda/Mona. Said post supports the idea that he was softing a Guilty inspect on Rhonda and MAYBE got a Town inspect on Mona.

Roderick S. wrote:
Ed S. wrote:Wilkinson put his vote on Rhonda, not Kodama.

Did you say Kodama had a "sense of genuinty" Day Two? I'll read back, but if so I either missed it or it didn't stand out to me as much at the time.I look forward to said read consolidation.

You mention, though, that the Rhonda wagon feels uncomfortable to join, but go on to join it. I'd be interested in hearing why. (Unlike Kodama earlier you have the knowledge that you'll be on longer, so there shouldn't be as much pressure to place a vote currently.)

Wilkinson put his vote on Rhonda, not Kodama
You been pressuring a pursing Wilkinson and Me To Come and Talk And even Go as Far to Scum read Wilkinson and this is  all you have to say? me and Wilkinson was in the same position and its pretty different how you treated me then Wilkinson? i know you stated he isn't off the hook, but last time i check. he was a higher scum read then Rhonda the fact you didn't react as much when he lynch Rhonda is pretty strange. Thing is you been waiting for him to talk for days and this is how you respond to him coming online though he was a sub? Even Worse this is mylo/plylo
Roderick cites an outdated readlist when questioning me on this. This sounds like he’s subtly trying to get me to move my lynch to Wilkinson and off of Rhonda, again supporting that she was the one he inspected. He also seems fairly certain that if he can get a Wilkinson lynch to go through it will be game over, meaning he may have gotten a town inspect on Wilkinson as opposed to Mona.

Roderick S. wrote:
Rhonda R. wrote:
Roderick/Wilkinson: Holding off judgement on these two since they were just subbed in and neither of their predecessors said anything of substance.
1) i would like to see your judgement as of now if u do ever suppose do go on online
2) its seems like This lynching is turning into a policy lynch for lurking for days and being inactive. people say they spotted you online and posted nothing also that you have plur and not coming on as people want you to so you can defend yourself. so i dont really town read this player but this lynch can decide the game for us which i am worry about which is why i want walkin lynch over, i also do believe he is a better one. but you kinda did this to yourself
3)i feel more confront-able with Wilkins Lynch over This one
“This lynch can decide the game for us, which is why I want to lynch Wilkinson,” he says to Rhonda, who he’s softed an inspect on already. He seems very confident in town!Wilkinson here and seems to be trying to tell Rhonda “Hey, shift to this for the win!”

Roderick S. wrote:Reads

ED S.( leaning scum)
-it may not be obvious but you are really trying to avoid a Wilkinson lynch who is scum  in my eyes. so you been tryna push me over him
and your response to wilkinson coming on is really weak in my opinion and the fact you unlynch your scum read just so they can explain themeselves

Wilkinson A.(scum)
-first off, hes really scummy, i already explained how he can be the os vig and the quick bandwaggon i likely seem him being ed s. partner

Kodama(town)
i read him as tonw beacause his post as i said but the fact that i feel like he is being honest and he is continuously catching up rather then lurking for one and Not leaving anything out. also i getting town vibes from him also. one of his post that made me think that he is prob town is

Mona(leaning Town read)
really by process of elim
Pretty significant shift in his read on me, and leads me to believe he inspected me to make sure he wouldn’t be pushing a partner as part of his scumteam theory. If his inspects were me and Wilkinson as town and Rhonda as scum, it means he wouldn’t know which of Mona/Kodama was his partner and thus might give them townreads to avoid having to lynch them.

Roderick S. wrote:
Ed S. wrote:Sorry for bogging you down with questions Roderick, but what about your circumstanced made you think you'd be the Vig shot?

Its Not important so i dont see a point in answering

#3] as for your questions i wasn't hesitant i dont know how i would awnser this, i guess i just read you guys first that all

#2] look at me readlist i also forgot to mention i also think out of the two town reads One of them is town vig  because it kinda obvi

#1] dont really et the question but i think i know what you mean, i would say look more for reactions, the person target and hows he going about and how he trying to avoid a lynch but also not making it obvi and im sure there alot more


anyways im dead set thinking Wilkinson is scum.
Just want to finally get my LOL out at #2: LOL. Okay, I’m done.
#1 sounds exactly like what Roderick was doing looking back :I

Roderick S. wrote:guys lynch wilkinson dont let this scum win
On mobile so idk how to bold **LYNCH WILKINSON**
I’m considering this a last ditch Anita-level wifom attempt doing what G29 should have done with Anita’s wifom: ignoring it completely. It basically lines up with his behavior throughout the game though.

TL;DR the most likely situation I think:

N1: Roderick #1 inspects one of Wilkinson/Rhonda
N2: Roderick #1 or #2 inspects the person not mentioned above
N3: Roderick #2 inspects me to ensure he’s not pushing a scumteam that includes a partner.

After this, I examined the possibilities of a scumteam with Roderick+Rhonda+each person.

Mona:
Spoiler:
In favor of scum!Mona:
-Roderick postponed reads on both her and Rhonda.
-Mona potentially foresaw Roderick being a lost cause D4 and bussed him early.
-Roderick’s townread of Mona is a PoE.

In favor of town!Mona:
-Scum!Mona has no actual reason to bus when she can shift to Wilkinson, then let Roderick hammer. The exception is if she hadn’t inspected Roderick or Wilkinson was the hidden miller, but her behavior isn’t contingent with the latter as even with a Guilty on Wilkinson she could continue pushing Kodama (unless she got a guilty inspect on him as well, which is literally impossible at this point).

Kodama:
Spoiler:
In favor of scum!Kodama:
-Roderick’s reason for a Kodama townread is poor and he merely parrots it D4 as opposed to going into more detail.
-During D4 some of Kodama’s posts seem to be subtly trying to move me toward a Wilkinson lynch.
-The timing of Kodama’s hammer of Roderick. There was little reason for it, as Mona and I weren’t coming back, and the timing of it comes after I’ve listed Roderick/Wilkinson as the most likely scumteam. Kodama could be hoping I shoot Wilkinson, and if he still has his shot he could shoot me or Mona to take the game.
-Kodama is, for some reason, mimicking a lot of my speech/posting patterns, which is manipulative on a psychological level and could be an attempt to pocket me again. (His mention of “screaming internally” stands out to me in particular.) This is by far the weakest point, but as a psychology major I couldn’t leave it out.

In favor of town!Kodama:
-He unlynches Wilkinson when he could easily keep the lynch on and say he wasn’t satisfied with Wilkinson’s response. This doesn’t account for the chance of Kodama not inspecting Wilkinson.
-He’s less likely in my opinion to be a partner of Rhonda’s.
-He’s actually the first person in D4 to lynch Roderick.

Wilkinson:
Spoiler:
In favor of scum!Wilkinson:
-Wilkinson’s individual behavior is horrible. His reaction to Kodama’s pressure vote and basically ignoring all of D4 is simply unhelpful to the town.
-He was super quick to lynch Rhonda. This is discounting Rhonda’s flip.
-His lurking.
-Wilkinson #1 has comments on “taking the game from behind with his big stick/paddle.” Being the paranoid CV I am, I took this as a possible attempt to set up a soft for a fakeclaim later. This is the weakest bit of information, as Wilkinson #1 was…Wilkinson #1.

In favor of town!Wilkinson:
-Pretty much everything Roderick did, as seen in the first Spoiler tag of this post. It seems too premeditated and the initial push on him too subtle to be wifom.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:49 pm

I'll quickly summarize the other shots. They mostly come down to me doubting myself and recency bias.

Night 1 I was between Mr. Honcho, Wilkinson, and Kazalie and ultimately ended up shooting Kazalie due to concluding her comments to be potential softs (the ones I pointed out d1).

Night 2 I was between Rhonda and Magnus, and effectively switched to Magnus last second largely due to wanting to see more from Rhonda and recency bias regarding Magnus.

Night 3 I hedged between Mona and Maria basically right up to deadline (I really don't trust my skills as Vig) and Maria was the one I had PMed most recently at the time of deadline.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Kodama N. on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Well... Okay. >.>
Good luck, town!
I tried my hardest, and I hope you guys will too.
bah.
avatar
Kodama N.

Posts : 51
Join date : 2017-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:53 pm

That bah post, and Maria's gives me the feeling there's going to be a lot of Ed hate in the reveals chat.

I should mention that were I to lynch at this exact moment, I'd lynch Wilkinson due to his individual scumminess outweighing Mona's.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Mona L. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:43 am

okay so first I want to know if Wilkinson wants to cc Ed, as that is still a relevant question.

Then I am going to say that I am surprised. Not about the Roderick flip, but the fact that after the Roderick flip, Kodama turned out to be town.

Until we know whether Wilkinson CC's ed or not, I can't say for certain who is scum. If he does, then there's a dilemma, if he doesn't then Wilkinson must be scum (at least from my perspective).

I will say though that a Wilkinson + Roderick scumteam wouldn't actually be that surprising though. After all, if you and your scum buddy are seen as the scummiest people, you are probably going to lose. Unless you bus your buddy to make people believe that whichever of you doesn't die that day is town. Roderick might have seen it as the only way out. A sacrifice to win the game.

This especially makes sense if you take into account that Wilkinson, who was so eager to lynch Rhonda before, did not lynch Roderick. It was a choice between Roderick and Wilkinson, and Wilkinson did not lynch. Now that could definitely be because of Kodama hammering before deadline, but it is still something to keep in mind. Earlier with Rhonda he talked about how it was lylo and we had to lynch, and he lynched quite early. Yesterday with Roderick I'm pretty sure he didn't even talk about lynching, at all. It was between him and Roderick, that much was obvious, and yet he didn't lynch.

The only reason I can think of why someone wouldn't lynch when it's plylo and it's between them and someone else, is if that someone else is their scumbuddy and they are not on board with the bussing plan.

If Wilkinson ends up cc'ing Ed I'll talk about how Ed as scum might work, though at that point I guess I'd be the one deciding and it would mostly be to make my thoughts clearer for myself, if Wilkinson does not cc Ed, I guess to me at least it's clear who's scum.

Again, my thoughts are a bit jumbled, but considering I'm still alive in 3p plylo/mylo I guess everyone's used to it by now or something.
avatar
Mona L.

Posts : 37
Join date : 2017-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Wilkinson A. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 am

Ok, so I do not CC Ed S.

Which leaves this as LyLo between me and Mona, with Ed S. as the clear.

Lynch Mona


Why would you consider me and Roderick interactions in deciding scumteams when he's a traitor and I would be a normal Mafia?


Secondly, I believe I was the more scummier of the two, why would he offer himself up when he can just as easily BS something at me, assuming we somehow know each other.

Why would you be expecting me to lynch Roderick when the chance of a quickhammer is from Kodama is real? It was between me, Roderick and Kodama, even though the choices were still pretty much between me and Roderick, I'm not planning to take unneccesary risk.

avatar
Wilkinson A.

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 am

Well, I was hoping someone would cc because I felt like that would be easier, but ¡nope!

The problem I have with Roderick voting Wilkinson as a sacrifice is that even if he inspected Wilkinson and got a Guilty inspect, he could have at most by day three only inspected one of Rhonda or Kodama and there are few scenarios I can imagine where Roderick starts pushing Wilkinson's lynch the second he subs in (unless Kodama is the hidden miller and he inspected Kodama+Rhonda). The point about Wilkinson's contrast between his willingness and unwillingness to lynch makes sense, though.

As far as bussing goes, there's no doubt that it happened (either Mona bussed Roderick or Wilkinson bussed Rhonda, regardless of if the bussing was intentional or not).

So, question to Wilkinson: You said during D3 that "it's LyLo and we have to lynch" and used this as motivation to vote Rhonda. Yesterday was also LyLo, so why the change in attitude re: lynching?

Also Wilkinson, you're pointing out Mona talking about interactions when that's something I've been doing since Day Three and that's been happening since Day Two (see Maria's original interpretation of my read on Roderick). Why is it only now, when it pertains directly to you, that you have a problem with it?

Time to read tf back.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:35 am

Also hold up.
Wilkinson A. wrote:
Why would you consider me and Roderick interactions in deciding scumteams when he's a traitor and I would be a normal Mafia?
I can't tell if this is an attempt to fake townslip or not, but you realize all scum in this are Traitors, right?
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:00 am

Ed S. wrote:
After multiple requests for Wilkinson to go into more detail with his reads, we've only gotten one liners again. He's handwaving away his reaction to Kodama's vote with "oh didn't see it was pressure rip." Other than that, his only "scumread" is Roderick, and he doesn't actually call Roderick scum, just notes his activity and that he's potentially the other lynch target.  I'm glad he's still posting and responding, but that fact in itself is NAI now, as he'd feel pressured to contribute regardless of alignment.

Wilkinson, you said Kodama was taking advantage of your scumminess to push you. AKA lynching you because you were scummy. This was an incorrect interpretation, but even if it were right what's wrong with lynching someone scummy? And why wouldn't you proceed to explain prior scummy actions? That, in my opinion, is better to try and say that you don't approve of someone's reasoning (*cough* Mr. Cheeves). You came across as trying to discredit the person instead of their read, which doesn't answer for anything you've done that was scummy.
I fixed typos. But this still applies and I've bolded areas of interest.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Mona L. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:00 pm

I too was hoping on a cc to make things easier, which is why I tried to rile Wilkinson up with the "you cc or you're scum" thing, but I guess it didn't work. So now we are left to "convince Ed that I'm the town", and I'm sorry Ed but I don't really trust your judgement, even after your explanations of night kills. But I guess we don't really have a choice now.

lynch Wilkinson

because we are going to do a good old 3p lylo I guess.

Anyways I'm not sure how someone would forget that this theme is all about traitors, and honestly a mafia with only one kill is no different from a traitor with one kill when the others are all traitors. So I would say that he's trying to seem like he doesn't even know the roles when at this point we've had a lot of discussions about the roles and the implications of them. It simply doesn't make sense to not know at this point, and considering Wilkinson specifically says normal mafia, this isn't just saying mafia because of lazyness or whatever. God knows I myself have had to stop myself from saying mafia out of habit.

Wilkinson, I believe I talked about how he didn't exactly offer himself up, rather he was putting up an ultimatum of sorts, choose between you and Roderick. He tried to get you lynched, he failed. That is what I was talking about, the fact that he was probably trying to bus you. You couldn't both survive and win the game unless you pushed Kodama, but Roderick didn't do that for whatever reason. I guess another option would be Kodama as hidden miller while Roderick hadn't inspected you, making him think that this was the easy way to get a kill on town. Because he definitely tried, so no, it wouldn't make sense for him to sacrifice himself, but it would make sense that with the two of you being scum, he would do this to get out of a very tight situation.

I would say that considering one of the first things you did when you entered the game was lynch Rhonda, it wouldn't be surprising if you had lynched Roderick early in the day too. Before there was a chance of quickhammer. And you said it yourself, the only real options were you, Roderick and Kodama, at least yesterday. I suppose Ed could still be considering killing me. From your perspective, what difference does it make? Unless you believed YESTERDAY that out of me and Ed one might be scum (which I can't look up right now for lack of time) either option should have been fine for you, and there shouldn't have been any problem in lynching Roderick.

Anyways, at this point really the only discussion left is for convincing Ed. So Ed, if you have any questions, no matter how small, do ask. It would suck if you lynched me or if you didn't do anything at all, letting plurality fall on me, simply because you couldn't get all the answers you wanted in time. You don't even need to tell us what you're thinking if you don't have time for that, though it would be appreciated so we can still correct you if you misunderstood something (as that did happen a lot with me).

Wilkinson, if you have anything about me to point out which you feel is scummy, you should. It's lylo and even though I am now 100% sure that you are scum, it would be nice if I had a chance to respond to anything that anyone notices about me as I don't have a lot else to do, except perhaps look for more strange things with Wilkinson, though I feel like I'd end up nitpicking a lot.

I have run out of time so I will be back tomorrow, hopefully at a bit of a different time so I can actually check on stuff like what Wilkinson's reads from yesterday were.
avatar
Mona L.

Posts : 37
Join date : 2017-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:49 pm

I have little time at the moment, so all I can say is that I do intend to read the game in full and compile questions to ask.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Wilkinson A. on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 am

Re: Interactions, I took the previous ones with a grain of salt as well, given the number of stars needed to align for us to figure out who is interacting with who. I don't feel like LyLo should include such "What If" situations and more "Why did you..." arguments.

I was more rushed Day 3 as I was informed it was nearing DL and the threat of a No Lynch loomed. Day 4 was more slow-paced, and I did not anticipate my inability to arrive before DL came, so I was less hasty to lynch, and was mostly trying to clear up questions and accusations.

I already said that as the main scummy bit about was not contributing, there really isn't a lot I can defend about that. I'm trying to fix that as of now but then the only real option to stave off my lynch was by pointing out whatever was wrong with said lynch
avatar
Wilkinson A.

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:59 am

Here's a "why did you" then: Why did you not bring up the concern with interaction theory earlier?

There was no threat of a No Lynch in sight on any day, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

What you pointed out what that Kodama was "taking advantage of" your being scummy to "bs" a lynch. What I'm failing to see is how a lynch is bs if it's because someone found you scummy.

I'm beginning the reread.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Mona L. on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:22 am

Okay so I checked on Wilkinson's reads.

Wilkinson, yesterday when talking about reads you only read Wilkinson as scum. Why then were you afraid of Kodama quickhammering Roderick if you were to lynch? Surely since you said yourself that it was between you and Roderick (at least you said so yesterday) it wouldn't be wise to risk your own death by waiting so long to lynch. And as you had a town lean with Kodama I am not sure why you thought Kodama might quickhammer. You waiting with a lynch yesterday but not with Rhonda doesn't make sense.

You apparently got info about a no lynch looming (which would be easy enough to check) and deadline fast approaching (which would be easy enough to check). This does not explain how little you seemed to consider everything before lynching Rhonda, and how you didn't even end up lynching anyone yesterday.
avatar
Mona L.

Posts : 37
Join date : 2017-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:38 pm

So far, I see very little I want to ask people that I have not asked already. Something that has occurred to me though:

Let's assume that, as I proposed D3, that Mona and Rhonda were scum who knew each other. Roderick would thus be the third scum, and he commented that Mona and Rhonda were likely 1 scum and 1 town. It's likely in my opinion that he inspected Rhonda, and the implication from that comment would then be that he had at least inspected Mona as well (despite his continual push on Wilkinson). It's possible that he was trying to postpone a read on Mona to inspect her that night, but at the time he said this there was a somewhat realistic chance that he could move the lynch off of Rhonda.

If Roderick inspected Mona and got her as town, this comment makes sense for him to make and it also means he doesn't know his second partner. This could steer him away from a popular lynch and towards forming a wagon that wouldn't gain traction. However, he was on some level pushing for Wilkinson's lynch so this clearly wasn't a concern of his and supports that he actually inspected Wilkinson as town.

If Roderick inspected Mona and got her as scum, he may have reason to worry that she is the hidden miller. It still makes sense for him to comment on them being 1 scum and 1 town in this case. However, given that Roderick seemed to be trying to soft to Rhonda that he inspected her, it's unlikely he thought she was the hidden miller. He'd thus try to soft to Mona as well, but there's nothing in his ISO that seems like that.

If Roderick didn't inspect Mona, it's possible he was postponing a read on her until he inspected her, but this has problems for reasons stated above. His ignores his thoughts on Mona/Rhonda as town/scum in favor of a PoE read during D4 (which could be cause for alarm), but I'm not expecting Mona to be able to answer for something Roderick did.

Wilkinson, the few reasons I haven't lynched you yet are wanting to read back and wanting your defense. I'm almost done reading back, so if you have any reasons as to why you are town or Mona is scum the time to list them would be now. And then comes the obvious follow up question for if you do: Why did you not mention these things earlier in the game?
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Also Wilkinson: no stalling on it this time, because I will lynch you if we get to deadline and you haven't given said reasons.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Maria S. wrote:
Maria S. wrote:Also mona u say you think both kodama and rhonda are both scum, so then why are you so torn? Surely in your perspective you have absolutely no worries in lynching either one?
I should probably make my point clearer here, you're absolutely right that hammering right now is silly coz you just cut precious discussion time. You already have your lynch on kodama and you say you're torn between kodama and rhonda yet you know you cant lynch rhonda anyway (you can, just not a good idea). So why the need to say you're torn between the two? Its a fair assumption that you arent changing your kodama lynch and you even said that both are scum in your eyes so in your perspective you're fine with either one getting lynched. It feels as though you said it in order to perhaps make us believe you arent buddying with rhonda. I mean it's fine to give reasons as to why you think both are scum which i thought is great but its the opening bit that i am not liking.

Here's a question I had for Mona actually that I don't think got answered due to Maria's death.
avatar
Ed S.

Posts : 170
Join date : 2017-06-21
Location : Wherever Ed Sheeran is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum