PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 31: Separated Scum

+12
Kodama N.
Kazalie Z.
Roderick S.
Mr. Honcho
Rhonda R.
Maria S.
Mona L.
Mr. Cheeves
Wilkinson A.
Ed S.
Magnus D.
ajhockeystar
16 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Game 31: Separated Scum - Page 10 Empty Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Wilkinson A. Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:11 am

Hey guys
Wilkinson A.
Wilkinson A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilkinson A. Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:15 am

Ok so like I can't really be super indepth now because I'm sorta in a tough spot (under my table charging my phone lol) but I've skimmed thru this earlier on my computer back when I requested to be subbed in.

So like, It seems my sub was this great user who decided not to post anything so rip me.

Ed S. Feels good to me, Maria's activity looks real solid here too.

I see that many people are scumreading me and Roderick"s slot, but I can't really provide a really indepth rebuttal. I probably can get more active in about a couple of hours.

Right now I'm going to be responding to a few notable posts I came across before I go and shoot down the less noticeable ones.
Wilkinson A.
Wilkinson A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilkinson A. Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:21 am

Ok Rhonda, not Roderick.
Re: the pressure voting case, I don't feel like you have to put plurality on the guy, but a single file stray vote is also ignorable, and stating your intent further worsens the situation. Right now it's going to be tough to get reads out of people so I think here it's best to gather people for a lynch since I don't trust in the activity of humans.

Right now I'm torn between Mona, Rhonda and Roderick, they all have reasonable genuinity in their wagon but Roderick just seems really iffy to me.
RN the Rhonda wagon doesn't feel comfortable just to join given the presence of other players, but Mona feels even worse to join so yeah.

It's LyLo and we really have to vote, so Vote Rhonda.

I'm going to stay on there for a while before I more thoroughly consolidate my own reads.
Wilkinson A.
Wilkinson A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilkinson A. Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:24 am

I might need to go in a while, but I'll be back in a couple of hours to provide my reads and put my vote on someone.
Wilkinson A.
Wilkinson A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:26 am

Press F to pay respects to Wilkinson #2.

That's Rhonda at L-1, by the way.

I look forward to said read consolidation. You mention, though, that the Rhonda wagon feels uncomfortable to join, but go on to join it. I'd be interested in hearing why. (Unlike Kodama earlier you have the knowledge that you'll be on longer, so there shouldn't be as much pressure to place a vote currently.)
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderick S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:54 am

Maria S. wrote:I find this nightkill to be very strange partly coz it makes more sense for the kill to come from the OS vig. Magnus has been one of the more townie ones due to him bringing up good points despite his disappearance on day 2 so it doesnt make sense for the CV to kill him and there are clearly many more options which are much better and much more likely to be scum. Seeing how scum had a good chance of winning night 2 and that honcho flipped town, it's a large incentive for os vig to make the kill. It could perhaps be that the CV was roleblocked or just didnt choose to make a kill because they realised scum can win if they shoot a townie. The only argumeny against this is why did OS vig shoot magnus and not ed or myself? One reason could be that the os vig predicted magnus to be CV  because of the kazalie kill or any other reason. Although i think that it was the os vig that shot, the CV knows who shot magnus. Therefore whoever is the CV, if you didnt shoot magnus, you MUST claim.

I was Going To make a Post About this about this but there already is one. about this post is what make me believe that wilkinson A. is The Mafia i would say the mafia SO Vig But you Can never be to sure since there other possibility's that can happen. thing is i believe that since wilkinson was Nomed For a Vig shot He Made a Last Effort Shot on magnus who he probably thought who was the the vig. while the CV was blocked. i am putting by faith IN CV because that shot was just to unexpected we have people like roderick s. #1 and wilkin who have be inactive and havent post anything and all of a sudden CV shoot magnus who nobody even suspected? really. so what im saying is i dont think It Was The CV who Made This shot. what could also boost this read is that it could of been good game yesterday if vig miss fire and mafia os vig dosent so maybe it influnce vig to make a shot. There still More i want to say as for the Town reads on maria and ed s. which would be in like 10-30 mins since i saw them both online and im eating rn. i think thats everything i wanted to say i would like to know anyone thoughts as for now Lynch wilkinson A
Roderick S.
Roderick S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Everyone's posted now at some point during Day 3 and nobody has claimed CV. If the CV was blocked, it's likely they still tried to shoot Magnus (whatever the reason) and don't know they were blocked. Even if this isn't the case, the early day discussion about what scenarios the CV should claim in has made it less likely for a CV claim to be legitimate. (Scum can claim it and wifom with "After all this discussion, why would I claim if I didn't have to?" while being fairly confident that there will be no cc.)

Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Wilkinson A. wrote:I might need to go in a while, but I'll be back in a couple of hours to provide my reads and put my vote on someone.

Errr but you already put ur vote on Kodama? Also that lynch is ridiculously hasty, you just went "alright its lylo lets lynch" and proceeded to put a 3rd vote on rhonda when you also said "i'll be back in a couple of hours to post my reads" which obviously means you're gonna think about what everyone has done than could be scum or town to come to a more logical conclusion. Now any sort of player that cares about who's getting lynched will lynch perhaps after they've to the conclusion and not because "it's lylo, we gotta lynch and rhonda wagon seems least iffy" or whatever.

Honestly Rhonda deciding not to post when she went online is just making it worse for herself, idk what she's thinking. I am starting to find a lot of things strange, eg why do the lynches on rhonda feel schemed, why did ed decide to look at why i thought kodama had a "sense of genuinty" when i said it middle-ish of day 2 and he had a lot of time to do it then? Perhaps he investigated kodama night 2 and decided to do it to smoothly transition his scum read on kodama to a town read? Idk but i'll be back in 2-3 hours where i'll think i have more time to think this through.
Maria S.
Maria S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Wilkinson put his vote on Rhonda, not Kodama.

Did you say Kodama had a "sense of genuinty" Day Two? I'll read back, but if so I either missed it or it didn't stand out to me as much at the time.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderick S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:41 pm

that he's more likely to be a towny who just sometimes feels the need to say something even though he doesn't know anything to say. Leaning town.[quote="Mona L."]

[quote="Kodama N."]

Maria S. - Her and Ed are pretty much, the main source of activity of the game, and I think that scum would want the game to be more dead than active. She responds to things quite quickly, and asks questions to people which is quite towny imo. She summarises things to make it easier for people (e.g. all the vig nominations on day 1), so it’s easier to read/understand. She has been consistent with activity/posts throughout the whole game, never letting her activity die, which is good, she helped clarify things about Rodrick with Ed, which was our main source of activity on day 2. I would’ve preferred it to be something more relevant to everyone, but I can’t complain since I had IRL stuff going on. She contributes a lot of useful discussion to day 3 (about the nightkill, reads, etc.). Town.

Ed S. - Ed is one of the people that I have been unsure of. His bringing up of the post about the theme was really necessary, and was a very towny first post, like Maria, he responds to questions really quickly, asks a lot of questions and he and Maria are pretty much the source of our activity. I’ve said what I disliked about him on day 1 (him being sympathetic to “befriend” people, him asking people to post to gain town cred, 3/22 of his day 1 posts were asking guests to post.). Without him, the beginning of day 2 would’ve been so very dead. He pressured the people he thought were scummy well, and helped me understand what he said really well, is quite observant, explains his motives really well/with good reasoning. The thing is, he mostly just responds to people (which isn’t a bad thing), but he doesn’t really post reads, contribute to other discussions that he isn’t mentioned in. He has remained quite consistent, after my read on him day 1 which is why I’m confident on reading him as Leaning town.
I’d also like to say that, scumteam theorising won’t really work unless scum inspect each other on the 2 nights, which is quite unlikely + there’s a VT hidden miller, so I think that scum team theorising is quite redundant [quote="Kodama N."]

So im looking at these post as you read them as town because they seem townie/not scummy. what i dont get what makes them town beside there activity(goes for everyone who place a town read on them) cause anyone can ask questions and answer quickly. is there something about there answers? or what type of questions they ask Cause we Have people in the past Who were scummy/inactiveness which i would say is a form of scummyness in the game. Who all flipped town, what does that say for the people who arent scummy? but i would say its mafia criteria to be looked as town. though im sure there still player that are scummy are acctually scum but i think one of the scum are really tryna look town which is one of maria/ed S i'll say Ed Mostly as for now i would consider maria as a slight town read i do agree with them acting very helpful which would seem townie. Also i have anyone of yall even bothered to question any of them. from what i seen i just see yall interactions be about something else this is just remember half the post i seen thought im not to sure if this is true so correct me if im wroung i been think about this for 2 hours straight roughly so i dont really to go back and check plus the clock is ticking. i did have a lot to say about something might of slip my mind at the time but hopefully this is everything regarding this topic
Roderick S.
Roderick S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Also, what about the lynches on Rhonda feel schemed? I definitely don't like Wilkinson's hasty bandwagon, but Kodama lynched his strongest scumread and my voting Rhonda is in line with my comment in the post before it, which was made before I knew when any of the four mentioned would be online.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderick S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Mona L. wrote:So, reads.

Ed: Ed has been very active and doesn't act very scummy, though I do have to say that he has a tendency to say similar things that for example Maria had already pointed out a few hours earlier. I still think that he's more likely to be a towny who just sometimes feels the need to say something even though he doesn't know anything to say. Leaning town.

Kodama N. wrote:Maria S. - Her and Ed are pretty much, the main source of activity of the game, and I think that scum would want the game to be more dead than active. She responds to things quite quickly, and asks questions to people which is quite towny imo. She summarises things to make it easier for people (e.g. all the vig nominations on day 1), so it’s easier to read/understand. She has been consistent with activity/posts throughout the whole game, never letting her activity die, which is good, she helped clarify things about Rodrick with Ed, which was our main source of activity on day 2. I would’ve preferred it to be something more relevant to everyone, but I can’t complain since I had IRL stuff going on. She contributes a lot of useful discussion to day 3 (about the nightkill, reads, etc.). Town.

Ed S. - Ed is one of the people that I have been unsure of. His bringing up of the post about the theme was really necessary, and was a very towny first post, like Maria, he responds to questions really quickly, asks a lot of questions and he and Maria are pretty much the source of our activity. I’ve said what I disliked about him on day 1 (him being sympathetic to “befriend” people, him asking people to post to gain town cred, 3/22 of his day 1 posts were asking guests to post.). Without him, the beginning of day 2 would’ve been so very dead. He pressured the people he thought were scummy well, and helped me understand what he said really well, is quite observant, explains his motives really well/with good reasoning. The thing is, he mostly just responds to people (which isn’t a bad thing), but he doesn’t really post reads, contribute to other discussions that he isn’t mentioned in. He has remained quite consistent, after my read on him day 1 which is why I’m confident on reading him as Leaning town.
I’d also like to say that, scumteam theorising won’t really work unless scum inspect each other on the 2 nights, which is quite unlikely + there’s a VT hidden miller, so I think that scum team theorising is quite redundant

So im looking at these post as you read them as town because they seem townie/not scummy. what i dont get what makes them town beside there activity(goes for everyone who place a town read on them) cause anyone can ask questions and answer quickly. is there something about there answers? or what type of questions they ask Cause we Have people in the past Who were scummy/inactiveness which i would say is a form of scummyness in the game. Who all flipped town, what does that say for the people who arent scummy? but i would say its mafia criteria to be looked as town. though im sure there still player that are scummy are actually scum but i think one of the scum are really tryna look town or acting town which is one of maria/ed S i'll say Ed Mostly as for now i would consider maria as a slight town read i do agree with them acting very helpful which would seem townie. Also i have anyone of yall even bothered to question any of them. from what i seen i just see your interactions be about something else this is just remember half the post i seen thought im not to sure if this is true so correct me if im wrong i been think about this for 2 hours straight roughly so i dont really to go back and check plus the clock is ticking. i did have a lot to say about something might of slip my mind at the time but hopefully this is everything regarding this topic...um ok idk if its me but the last post had some missing info im going fix it in this post(updated as well as some spelling fixed)
Roderick S.
Roderick S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Okay, I see what Maria is referring to now. That I didn't respond to the "genuinity" comment until Day Three. I wasn't really questioning why you felt that Kodama's posts were genuine so much as I wanted to see if I could find this for myself. As I've mentioned before, I'm not the best with tone-reading.

Roderick: Just because Player X does Action X and flips town doesn't mean that Action is automatically indicative of towniness. Mona and Kodama can better answer regarding their own reads, but as a general note it's generally what a person is doing with the posts they do make that affects a read.

You mention it's mafia criteria to be looked at as town. While that's nice for mafia, all they really need to do is avoid the lynch, be that by appearing townish or flying under the radar.

I'd appreciate if you could go into more detail with your comments on myself/Maria (yes I'm asking again and I'm sorry). Specifically, what differentiates beyond Maria being helpful (I'd like to think I've ben helpful as well)?

If you think we haven't been questioned enough, there's nothing preventing you from doing so yourself.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderick S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Ed S. wrote:Well, it's something.

Roderick #2 is giving me the same vibes as Roderick #1 due to giving little reasoning behind his reads. I see he's online now so to Roderick: What is is that you find scummy about myself and Maria, and what do you find not scummy about Kodama? And what about the interactions between myself/Maria makes you then think otherwise?
The Answer the Other question i Didn't answer At the time i didnt find Kodama N. because of his post as i said but the fact that i feel like he is being honest and he is continuously catching up rather then lurking for one and Not leaving anything out. also i getting town vibes from him also. one of his post that made me think that he is prob town is

Kodama N. wrote:My thought on this is that, scum would more so try more to be less scummy and would most likely won’t form their own opinions, and just keep on going with the majority. That’s what I saw in Mr. Honcho’s post regarding RVS being scummy/not scummy.
the fact the pointed it instead of keeping it to himself. But i Should actually questioned him more

aS for the other Two Mona and mhonda? something like that i havent done anything deep reading about them but i prob would say one is scum and one is town. but before i make a offical claim like that i just investigate more into kodama but as for now and if time running out i would prob leave the read as it is
Roderick S.
Roderick S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:41 pm

I personally don't see what about the fact that he pointed that out indicates about alignment. That specific post is him explaining his thoughts on Mr. Honcho.

Re: Mona and Rhonda being 1 scum and 1 town: You already made an "official claim like that" regarding myself and Rhonda. I don't see what's different.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Regarding myself and Maria, not myself and Rhonda.

Also, Zane M. has been knocked out of the top 50 posters <3
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderick S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Ed S. wrote:Okay, I see what Maria is referring to now. That I didn't respond to the "genuinity" comment until Day Three. I wasn't really questioning why you felt that Kodama's posts were genuine so much as I wanted to see if I could find this for myself. As I've mentioned before, I'm not the best with tone-reading.

Roderick: Just because Player X does Action X and flips town doesn't mean that Action is automatically indicative of towniness. Mona and Kodama can better answer regarding their own reads, but as a general note it's generally what a person is doing with the posts they do make that affects a read.

You mention it's mafia criteria to be looked at as town. While that's nice for mafia, all they really need to do is avoid the lynch, be that by appearing townish or flying under the radar.

I'd appreciate if you could go into more detail with your comments on myself/Maria (yes I'm asking again and I'm sorry). Specifically, what  differentiates beyond Maria being helpful (I'd like to think I've ben helpful as well)?

If you think we haven't been questioned enough, there's nothing preventing you from doing so yourself.
well  i think you both have been very helpful as of now i infact think you could me scum out of u and maria but i shouldn't rushed things i haven't read the other 2 as much or post anything about them i could just be over thinking. im going to need so all my read a'rent really accurate i should go into more detail latter or the next day, because i been on here for too long now and want a little break. Either way i do believe you are not the best lynch i confidently find someone more scummy which is. at first i was just lazy and just rushing things since it was alot of reading but now i putting time into my reads. i hope this satisfied what your looking for out of me as of now i will clear everything up sooner hopefully
Roderick S.
Roderick S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Maria S. wrote:Its funny i was about to make the post regarding the same point about mona. But i stopped myself coz i think i realised what she meant. When you said "mona is lynching kodama and says she may change based on what he does yet shes aware that he probs wont defend himself", she said that pressure may still come into effect due to him perhaps reading the thread without logging in, and therefore he may come on and defend himself which could change mona's lynch. Which is why she says "she may change the lynch". However the goal that mona's imposing seems to be getting kodama lynched out of the game rather than for pressure

Kodama N. wrote:ah, shit. My internet isn’t going to be back up by the time deadline passes. Whatever, I’m going to hotspot to my laptop and hope I don’t run out of data.

Mona L. - As I said before, she puts dedication in her posts, even if she is tired, sick, passive or whatever. She contributes towny things to discussions, answers questions “well”, but then again her excuses could be real or just trying to stall things to post, etc. I like her honesty on admitting she’s passive and noncommital, but she said she “should” work on it, never implying that would? I’ve said what I thought on her read on me, and that’s in my previous post. I don’t really like how she still lynched me even though she did realise I might’ve needed a sub/prod, while Rhonda was online, but didn’t really post anything useful up to that point and she said since plur was already on Rhonda, she didn’t want to lynch her, which is scummy imo, she seems like she’s trying to protect Rhonda. After my post of responding to things, she said “So I lynched you regardless of whether I expected you to defend yourself or not.”, which implies that she won’t unlynch even if I have a good defense. If she doesn’t care about a defence, then it isn’t really a defence. Mona, could you please explain this? Leaning scum for now.

Ed S. wrote:I'm not convinced that this is the case, largely because she used "seemed" instead of "seems." Shout at me for getting upset about semantics, but this implies to me that she was explaining her thought process at the time she placed her lynch, and she doesn't mention the goal of getting Kodama out of the game until later.

To put it another way, had Mona used "seems" I'd be more implied to believe that the pressure was an "added bonus" that she thought about later.

Kodama's post has appeared while I am typing this. I am reading over it, but while I am now able to be consistently online I'm simultaneously balancing real life.

Okay I'm going to try and clear up this entire situation. My lynch was because I believed Kodama was the most likely scum. That was my reasoning, and that is why I lynched. If anyone ended up acting scummier than Kodama did, then that would be reason enough for me to change my lynch. So I lynched Kodama, knowing he might not come online again, knowing he might not defend himself, which is why I said regardless of whether he would defend himself. Kodama however decided to twist my words around as he seems to like doing a lot, and act like I didn't care about his defense, which I do. I included him in the people who had influence on whether or not I would change my lynch. He hasn't really convinced me though.

Ed, you started talking about pressure, so I responded about pressure. This might have confused you, but I thought it was clear that I wasn't lynching for pressure, but rather because I thought he was scum. And I still do. So when you start asking about pressure, I give you an answer about pressure, not because that was my goal but because as far as pressure goes it does seem to have an effect to lynch Kodama. Like I said before, added bonus. Basically, what Maria said is spot on.

Another thing to realize Ed, english is not my first language. So you can talk all you want about the difference between "seems" and "seemed" but that's a really nuanced difference which does not come naturally to me. I literally have no clue what you are even on about with the difference. So please don't start argueing semantics when I'm not even sure if I just spelled argueing correctly. Like you said, the pressure was an added bonus I thought about later, but apparently because of the (to me) non-existent difference between seems and seemed it completely changes the implications of the sentence? I might use big words at times, but grammar still isn't my strong suit.

Wilkinson A. wrote:Ok Rhonda, not Roderick.
Re: the pressure voting case, I don't feel like you have to put plurality on the guy, but a single file stray vote is also ignorable, and stating your intent further worsens the situation. Right now it's going to be tough to get reads out of people so I think here it's best to gather people for a lynch since I don't trust in the activity of humans.

Right now I'm torn between Mona, Rhonda and Roderick, they all have reasonable genuinity in their wagon but Roderick just seems really iffy to me.
RN the Rhonda wagon doesn't feel comfortable just to join given the presence of other players, but Mona feels even worse to join so yeah.

It's LyLo and we really have to vote, so Vote Rhonda.

I'm going to stay on there for a while before I more thoroughly consolidate my own reads.

Perhaps the mona wagon feels worse to join because there is simply no mona wagon? Perhaps you don't even have to join a wagon? plurality was already on Rhonda, so lynching her because of wanting to join a wagon is "iffy" so to speak. It seems to me like you're just trying to get a lynch off and hoping you'll survive the night. I'm honestly most confused about "reasonable genuinity in their wagon"? What is there about a wagon that could be genuine? Why is that even a point to consider when deciding a lynch?
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Okay, so while Roderick is taking a break, these are my current thoughts on him.

There's been noticable backtracking/contradiction in his posts, such as:
1) Mentioning that one of myself/Maria is scum but going on to say he doesn't want to make a claim like that yet regarding Mona/Rhonda. (I've asked about this, response is probably incoming.)
2) Mentioning that I'm more likely than Maria to be scum because she's been more helpful; but not giving examples and not really explaining when asked to go into more detail ("I think you both have been very helpful; I think you could be scum out of you and Maria" doesn't indicate what differentiation he's making between us.)

He also seems to be hedging a lot with his reads. I understand that this could be a result of being asked to give them earlier, but it seems to be a bit over the top considering how much it's come up. (Add-ons like "But they could just be trying to get somewhere")

The "I do believe you are not the best lynch" comes across as a possible attempt to gloss over the prior "Ed is more likely to be scum than Maria" comment. He also mentions that he finds "someone more scummy which is." I'm assuming this someone is Wilkinson, as his vote's currently on him.

His reasoning for believing Wilkinson is the OS Vig (that an OSVig!Wilkinson saw his name as a potential Vig shot and decided he had to shoot that night) actually makes sense, it's just that we can't verify that the OS Vig did indeed shoot Magnus without a claim from the Vigilante.

That said, I like how he's since stayed around to answer questions and explain things, and Rhonda has yet to make a post. Part of why I'm staying on her still is that she has yet to defend herself (possibly in the hopes that the lynch will shift to someone else). there's 6.5 hours to deadline, so if Rhonda is reading this as a guest and intends to defend herself, now would be the time.

Somewhat frustratingly, Roderick's reads on Mona and Rhonda are the ones I'm most interested in seeing.

(About to read Mona's post.)
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Now I'm going to talk about Kodama and Rhonda. I am honestly torn on which one of them should die, which is why I'm going to say that whichever of them dies, the other should probably be shot by the vig. Though the vig might not even be listening anymore. I will still explain my thoughts on them though.

As far as Kodama goes, I've explained my reasoning on my lynch on him before. I've been talking about it a lot in fact, and I remember why I hardly ever lynch now. It always ends up with someone misunderstanding me, someone twisting my words around and usually everyone else just watching. Though in this case it seems Maria was trying to set the record straight. My point with this? I think Ed might have simply not understood me, but Kodama was actively twisting my words around. He was twisting the chronology around to fit his narrative where I was trying to blend in, he was incredibly hung up on the word "should" and then there's the whole thing where he for some reason decided that I didn't give a shit about his defense at all when I clearly stated his response could change my lynch? I believe I even did so several times.

Maria cleared up the chronology where I started the discussion about Kodama, when Kodama talked about how I was blending in by joining it. I'm not sure he ever actually responded to that though? I don't recall.

He keeps going back on how I said I "should" work on something, even though the first time he said it I had already lynched him, and it was evident that I was already working on it, so his point never made sense in the first place, yet he is still talking about it. In his readslist he still talks about what it "implies" even though it's something that's already been cleared up? Which means he's cherrypicking which parts of my posts to acknowledge and which parts he'll simply ignore. Another thing that kind of fits in the twisting my words around category.

And then the thing where he seems to believe I wasn't going to care about his defense, when what I said was "I lynched you regardless of whether or not you would defend yourself" when it was about PRESSURE. So the statement implies that I did not care that much about pressure. Not that I wouldn't care about his defense, do you know what implies that I care about his defense? The fact that when making my lynch I explained clearly that it might still change because of the posts of Roderick, Wilkinson, Rhonda and KODAMA HIMSELF. I literally stated there that it did matter how he responded, if he responded.

My point with this, is that Kodama has been twisting my words around and cherrypicking what parts of my posts to respond to and what parts he simply ignores. He doesn't even mention it, he says I ignored his explanation, but I at least mentioned it. He doesn't even mention that I explained myself. Which doesn't just make him scummy, it makes him a hypocrite as well. Which is another thing he accused me of, if I remember correctly.

These are all things that happen nearly every time I lynch someone, there is always someone who starts twisting my words around the moment I actually start lynching. And you know what? That person is almost always scum. Which is why Kodama's behaviour has only strengthened my belief that he is scum.

However, I also need to talk about Rhonda. I was willing to give her a chance and go easy on her when she explained her readslist, but no excuses can make up for how much she's been lurking lately. She has been online several times, without responding to anything. Which is why I'm not sure who I think is scummier.

Now I'll be back in about half an hour to talk more, but something came up like 5 seconds ago so I'm going to have to cut this short for now. (also Ed just posted something while I was typing this so I'll read that when I come back too.)
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Okay so I lied it has already been dealt with. Also I will still respond to the post asking about my reads, just doing that after I talk about Rhonda.

Now she has obviously had the time to be online, which means she's had the chance to respond, but has simply been refusing to, and up until recently there was still a chance she'd survive the day like that, but then our new subs lynched her. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually tries to save herself now by talking. Which is why I'll say that she is probably scum and trying to fly under the radar.

I believe that Kodama and Rhonda are both scum, but simply have not inspected eachother yet. Which is why I am 100% fine with a Rhonda lynch, but as she already has 3 lynches on her (I think) and I don't want to hammer while we still have time before deadline, I will keep my lynch on Kodama. Now I'll go look for the post asking me about one of my reads.
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Roderick S. wrote:
Mona L. wrote:So, reads.

Ed: Ed has been very active and doesn't act very scummy, though I do have to say that he has a tendency to say similar things that for example Maria had already pointed out a few hours earlier. I still think that he's more likely to be a towny who just sometimes feels the need to say something even though he doesn't know anything to say. Leaning town.

(Kodama's quote was here)

So im looking at these post as you read them as town because they seem townie/not scummy. what i dont get what makes them town beside there activity(goes for everyone who place a town read on them) cause anyone can ask questions and answer quickly. is there something about there answers? or what type of questions they ask Cause we Have people in the past Who were scummy/inactiveness which i would say is a form of scummyness in the game. Who all flipped town, what does that say for the people who arent scummy? but i would say its mafia criteria to be looked as town. though im sure there still player that are scummy are actually scum but i think one of the scum are really tryna look town or acting town which is one of maria/ed S i'll say Ed Mostly as for now i would consider maria as a slight town read i do agree with them acting very helpful which would seem townie. Also i have anyone of yall even bothered to question any of them. from what i seen i just see your interactions be about something else this is just remember half the post i seen thought im not to sure if this is true so correct me if im wrong i been think about this for 2 hours straight roughly so i dont really to go back and check plus the clock is ticking. i did have a lot to say about something might of slip my mind at the time but hopefully this is everything regarding this topic...um ok idk if its me but the last post had some missing info im going fix it in this post(updated as well as some spelling fixed)

Honestly when it's just about general posts I can't really say what makes me believe people are town or scum? It's one of my biggest weaknesses as I can often figure out whether a town leader is town or scum by the way they talk, but because I can't explain it I can't convince anyone when they're actually scum. I can only really explain myself well when someone's actions are quite obviously scummy.

I haven't questioned Ed a lot, because to me it seems like he genuinely just did not get what I was trying to say. The entirety of what he does and says seems like someone genuinely trying to help town and scumhunt to me. I haven't found anything particularly scummy that he did, and actions seem to be our biggest form of scumhunting in this game. I'm not sure how I could actually explain my read on him and maria though? It's one of the many things I have in my head which I can't quite put into words. I hope this at least clarified something? If you want me to try and elaborate more do say so.
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:18 pm

I may not be able to respond to everything quickly. It will be up withing an hour. (Informing anyone waiting.)
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Ed S. wrote:Wilkinson put his vote on Rhonda, not Kodama.

Did you say Kodama had a "sense of genuinty" Day Two? I'll read back, but if so I either missed it or it didn't stand out to me as much at the time.

Yeah i meant rhonda lol, its just i was thinking about kodama while writing that part.

Ed S. wrote:Okay, I see what Maria is referring to now. That I didn't respond to the "genuinity" comment until Day Three. I wasn't really questioning why you felt that Kodama's posts were genuine so much as I wanted to see if I could find this for myself. As I've mentioned before, I'm not the best with tone-reading.

Yeah i wasnt saying u were questioning me, its just that you being an observant guy and started analysing how mona said "seemed" instead of "seems" makes all the difference, you didnt decide to have a ¡Burst of curiosity! and see for youself back in day 2 the moment you read it and the day was pretty stale anyway. Instead you decided to do it on day 3 which could suggest that you wanted to smoothly go from a scum read in day 2 to a town read in day 3 after inspecting him overnight.

(Btw mona ur comment about english not being first language just destroyed ur hopes of getting least guessed points rip). Also i feel like this day has really separated the player list into team kodama and team rhonda, although its largely because rhonda reiterated a fair amount of mona's reads while Kodama did the same but with Ed's reads. But because of this the "teams" so to speak will have suspicion put on them/taken off them depending on who gets lynched and flips scum. Ofc i know theres the whole inspection topic but it doesnt change the fact suspicion can drastically change.
Maria S.
Maria S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:17 pm

I have time now AND my post didn’t self-delete. Nice.
(It’s ok Mona, I still don’t know who you are. I think.)
One minute before the hour's up. Clutch. Comments in bold.

Mona L. wrote:
Okay I'm going to try and clear up this entire situation. My lynch was because I believed Kodama was the most likely scum. That was my reasoning, and that is why I lynched. If anyone ended up acting scummier than Kodama did, then that would be reason enough for me to change my lynch. So I lynched Kodama, knowing he might not come online again, knowing he might not defend himself, which is why I said regardless of whether he would defend himself. Kodama however decided to twist my words around as he seems to like doing a lot, and act like I didn't care about his defense, which I do. I included him in the people who had influence on whether or not I would change my lynch. He hasn't really convinced me though. The problem I have isn't if you'd factor in his defense or not, it's that you didn't seem to be considering if he needed a sub at the time [in comparison to Rhonda, who we knew for a fact didn't]. (I am aware that one can drop their lynch upon someone subbing in, yes. This seems to be a simple difference of opinion based on how it's now circled back around to this.)

Ed, you started talking about pressure, so I responded about pressure. This might have confused you, but I thought it was clear that I wasn't lynching for pressure, but rather because I thought he was scum. And I still do. So when you start asking about pressure, I give you an answer about pressure, not because that was my goal but because as far as pressure goes it does seem to have an effect to lynch Kodama. Like I said before, added bonus. Basically, what Maria said is spot on. Where did I mention pressure anywhere in Day Three before you brought it up?

Another thing to realize Ed, english is not my first language. So you can talk all you want about the difference between "seems" and "seemed" but that's a really nuanced difference which does not come naturally to me. I literally have no clue what you are even on about with the difference. So please don't start argueing semantics when I'm not even sure if I just spelled argueing correctly. Like you said, the pressure was an added bonus I thought about later, but apparently because of the (to me) non-existent difference between seems and seemed it completely changes the implications of the sentence? I might use big words at times, but grammar still isn't my strong suit. Please don't hate me, I'm probably about to seem rude. In the post with "seemed" I thought you were explaining what you were thinking at the time you lynched Kodama. I didn't say the pressure was an added bonus, that's what I'm saying I don't believe.

Maria apparently is interpreting Mona's post (the first one where she explains her lynch on Kodama) differently than I do. I'd appreciate input from more people so I know if I'm interpreting it wrong or it can in fact go either way.

Maria S. wrote:

Yeah i wasnt saying u were questioning me, its just that you being an observant guy and started analysing how mona said "seemed" instead of "seems" makes all the difference, you didnt decide to have a ¡Burst of curiosity! and see for youself back in day 2 the moment you read it and the day was pretty stale anyway. Instead you decided to do it on day 3 which could suggest that you wanted to smoothly go from a scum read in day 2 to a town read in day 3 after inspecting him overnight.I also mentioned that I didn't see what stood out as "genuine" in them. If I was scum inspecting Kodama, I wouldn't need to bring that up to point out what I did. Also how did you do the upside-down "!"? Mona's word choice differs in that it was
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next