PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 31: Separated Scum

+12
Kodama N.
Kazalie Z.
Roderick S.
Mr. Honcho
Rhonda R.
Maria S.
Mona L.
Mr. Cheeves
Wilkinson A.
Ed S.
Magnus D.
ajhockeystar
16 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Game 31: Separated Scum - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 31: Separated Scum

Post by Ed S. Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:22 pm

It probably goes without saying, but I am not comfortable with Rhonda having the ability to easily shift plurality off herself. I would appreciate another lynch on her for the time being.

Roderick there are 48 hours until the deadline. The sooner you can give your thoughts, the better. The same goes for Wilkinson #2 confirming for us that he exists. Maria's really not pushing on you all that hard, but it did actually occur to me while I was away to ask Maria what about your entrance had merited a shift off of Mona, who had at the time not made her readlist.

So, Maria: What about Roderick's entrance merited a shift off of Mona, who at the time had not made her readlist?
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Somewhat motivated by boredom, I have decided to clarify my question to Maria.

In the post where you lynch Mona, you don't address her at all. My assumption is thus that your lynch is intended to pressure her into giving a readlist (which by the way she and Rhonda have now both done and I'd like to see your opinions on their reads). Mona has posts between your lynch and unlynch and you do discuss with her, but her readlist doesn't come until after you've unlynched. Mona even acknowledges that her passiveness is a valid reason to lynch her.

You go on to lynch Roderick based on the fact that his first couple of posts add nothing to the game and restate things that have been brought up earlier on the page. While this is scummy and fairly annoying, I don't see how it merited dropping the pressure on Mona before she'd made her readlist, or how it instantly made him the scummiest player on your opinion. For that matter, I don't see why you dropped the pressure on Mona regardless of what you did with your lynch after (as you really haven't acknowledged her much since).
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:20 am

Roderick S. wrote:Roderick you say you've read the thread yet you decide to give us your sagely advice that we should look at behavioural changes when Mona and others have already gone and compared all the changes in reads between day 1, 2 and 3? I am sure you've also seen the countless number of times where people have asked for a readlist from you seeing as how you claim to have read the thread, yet you dont decide to do one? I mean i understand that you may not be able to explain what the previous roderick was thinking but not bothering to make a readlist after 2 (and a quarter) days of content and not say anything useful or new on top of that is unacceptable.

UL mona Lynch Roderick

Well Yes im Just settling in to the game you expecting too much after i just came to the game im not a person who can sub into a game and post a fullblone reads list. i would rather Not be readed as because of the old roderick but as a new person if only i wasnt a sub i would be able to play better. you may see this as a excuse but you cant just read someone as mafia i have not bothered to make a reads list as i just subed in, its not like im refusing to make one.[/quote]

I said readlist there as an example but it did also says "anything new and useful" which means in that first post you could have said anything that's useful and hasnt been said before which you would know if your claim that you read the whole thread is true. Of course your first post had nothing of the sort and so I am not removing my lynch until i am convinced that you wanting to be more in the discussion is true.

Ed S. wrote:Somewhat motivated by boredom, I have decided to clarify my question to Maria.

In the post where you lynch Mona, you don't address her at all. My assumption is thus that your lynch is intended to pressure her into giving a readlist (which by the way she and Rhonda have now both done and I'd like to see your opinions on their reads). Mona has posts between your lynch and unlynch and you do discuss with her, but her readlist doesn't come until after you've unlynched. Mona even acknowledges that her passiveness is a valid reason to lynch her.

You go on to lynch Roderick based on the fact that his first couple of posts add nothing to the game and restate things that have been brought up earlier on the page. While this is scummy and fairly annoying, I don't see how it merited dropping the pressure on Mona before she'd made her readlist, or how it instantly made him the scummiest player on your opinion. For that matter, I don't see why you dropped the pressure on Mona regardless of what you did with your lynch after (as you really haven't acknowledged her much since).

I dont always lynch the person who i believe is the scummiest until at the end of the day, i'd much rather lynch someone who has no lynches or doesnt have many yet and has done something scummy in order to pressure and decide whether they are indeed less scummy than the scummiest person in my mind. For example day 1 i lynched mr cheeves because i thought he was scummiest but then i lynched rhonda because i wanted to pressure her to talk since he came on but said nothing despite me still believing mr cheeves was scummiest. In this case I lynched Mona for the pressure but at the time i didnt find mona to be the scummiest person (which i thought was fairly clear from my end of day 2 post) but I didnt lynch rhonda coz she said she was gonna post a readlist on that day. Now i didnt necessarily pressure her for the readlist, i just pressured her to make more of an effort to scumhunt which was my main problem in day 2. She did exactly that (even though it was after quite a bit of pressure) and from which she concluded that kodama had the most suspicious change of behaviour. Her posts mostly made logical sense and i thought she wasnt as scummy anymore. Therefore when I saw roderick posted his first post as a sub, i decided that roderick was worth my lynch more than mona. I feel like you made this post with the misconception that I value a readlist more than anything else, like I said about rhonda, you can dish out as many readlists as you like but if there isnt any real effort in pushing/scumhunting and you're just summarising what has basically been said then it means nothing.

About mona's and rhonda's readlists, I didnt have much to say that hasnt already been said by you and the only thing i added about rhonda's readlist was the suspicious lynching quartet in which i explained why its only suspicious when you remove the context from the equation. In addition to what i've said before about rhonda, my problem isnt with her readlist, but with her attitiude. Kodama, although i've pointed out flaws where he attempted to bend a few facts to try and turn mona's argument against her, it's fairly clear (as you said) that he is trying to press and scumhunt without the idea of "ed and maria breaking all the facts apart and analysing which i simply cant match". It's not about how good you are at analysing but rather how keen and determined are you at finding scum, which in turn allows you to press on things that others perhaps may have not seen. However Rhonda is using this attitude as an excuse to keep going town mediator. Now she did start analysing people's way of analysis but she never really came to any sort of conclusion and just said "hey, this is the kind of stuff i like to do" almost as if she tried to show us that she's doing something when in reality nothing she did is aiding the progress of finding scum. Having said that, Kodama promised to post a readlist " in the morning" at around this time yesterday (which means i can assume now is night time for him) therefore in the morning suggests approx 12 hours ago which hasnt happened yet. Rhonda has been on and off again last night without saying anything which again is pretty strange.

But yeah if you're interested in who I currently believe is the scummiest i would say rhonda however seeing as how its basically lylo i think its important to not concentrate on one person seeing as how you are already lynching rhonda. It may be that due to the pressuring on other people, others may appear scummier overtime which then allows me to get a more solid idea on the list that you asked me about previously.
Maria S.
Maria S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:50 am

I don't have a ton of time right now, but I should be able to respond to more later.

I can say right now that much like what I said to Mona, I don't think the lynch puts very much pressure on Roderick due to it not placing plurality on him. At the moment, I am not willing to remove my lynch from Rhonda for the purpose of pressuring Roderick.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Ed S. wrote:I don't have a ton of time right now, but I should be able to respond to more later.

I can say right now that much like what I said to Mona, I don't think the lynch puts very much pressure on Roderick due to it not placing plurality on him. At the moment, I am not willing to remove my lynch from Rhonda for the purpose of pressuring Roderick.

I never said you had to also pressure roderick too, and i disagree that a player can only be pressured by putting them in plurality. They may have the most pressure compared to others, but all I had to do was give a good reason and lynch to give him the message that what he did was scummy enough to deserve a lynch and thats all the pressure it takes in my opinion. Heck for some people (usually the more active ones like me and you) a lynch isnt even required unless its very scummy and you're almost certain he's scum.
Maria S.
Maria S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Ed S. wrote:What you said about Rhonda still applies, but Mona lynching Kodama to pressure him makes little sense because it would take two unlynches for plurality to actually be on him.

I didn't mean to imply that Wilkinson was off the hook, Rhonda and Roderick just stood out to me because I saw them come online and do nothing while I was typing my post.

You need to let go of the idea that I lynched Kodama to pressure him. It was because I thought that he was the scummiest. Pressuring him to talk is more like a bonus. So you should probably stop trying to bring that up as a point on my lynch being weird, because it was never about that. If my post somehow implied that I did it to pressure him into talking above all else, I apologize for the confusion. However, right now it seems more like you are desperate to protect Kodama. I also recall that you think me and Rhonda are being too protective over eachother, when you are definitely being more protective over Kodama right now than Rhonda or me have been over the other.

I may have messed up with the chronology of who lynched who, but my point remains, plurality was on Rhonda. Pressuring here wasn't really something I needed to do. So Kodama seemed like a better option to me.

I don't think you can just say that because plurality isn't on someone they're not pressured to do something. A lynch is pressure, because it's a threat to your life regardless of how serious. It means someone has a serious problem with what you've been doing.

I should be able to come on before deadline tomorrow, where I might change my lynch because Rhonda is still refusing to do anything and it's getting to the point where her absence of actions becomes scummier than Kodama's actions.
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:59 pm

I'll also be online for a bit now, but I'd have to go actively searching for things to talk about and find things from 5 pages ago or something because of how inactive this game is. There are seriously 3 active people when there's 7 players in this game. I don't think Kodama and Rhonda really count as active as it is right now.

So I'm going to see if anyone posts new things as that would be a better use of my energy
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mona L. Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:44 pm

just to clarify on "a better use of my energy" I will probably not find anything to talk about before tiring out too much to still be able to talk about it properly, so if anyone does end up posting something (which is more likely than me finding something new to talk about right now) I will be able to actually respond normally.
Mona L.
Mona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:34 pm

As a general note, because a number of people have promised things they’re going to do before deadline, deadline is in ~28 hours (just over a day).

Maria: It may just be a difference of opinion between us, but I think pressure is more effective when it places someone in danger of being lynched. Thank you for explaining what you were looking for from Mona. As far as your postponing a readlist goes, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with listing reads and changing them as new information comes to light. (“Postponing a readlist” may not be the best way to phrase what I mean, but it’s the best way I can think of to phrase it currently.)

Mona: Your comment that I need to let go of the idea that your vote makes little sense, because I wasn’t the first to say that your vote on Kodama was for pressure. That was you:

Well just because someone hasn't come online doesn't mean they haven't read the thread, so it seemed to me that pressuring him might still have an effect, while Rhonda was already being pressured by Maria.
Now you’re saying that the pressure was just a bonus and you didn’t need to do it, but that contradicts the thought process you lay out here. I also don’t see how you’re getting the idea that I’m desperate to protect Kodama and would appreciate if you could go into more detail with that.

I comment on my thoughts regarding plurality=pressure above.

Speaking of Kodama, it’s now been 28 hours since he promised his reads, AKA morning has undeniably come and gone wherever he is. We can’t verify that it’s an issue with his internet and he hasn’t been online since, so all I can do regarding this is hope he comes on. The same goes for Wilkinson. Roderick has been online to see every post prior to this one and it’s been 22 hours (if my math’s right) since he posted about “processing his reads.” I expect to see them soon and the next time Roderick comes online I want to see his progress

My family is interrupting again. I should be on again and for a longer amount of time soon.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Its funny i was about to make the post regarding the same point about mona. But i stopped myself coz i think i realised what she meant. When you said "mona is lynching kodama and says she may change based on what he does yet shes aware that he probs wont defend himself", she said that pressure may still come into effect due to him perhaps reading the thread without logging in, and therefore he may come on and defend himself which could change mona's lynch. Which is why she says "she may change the lynch". However the goal that mona's imposing seems to be getting kodama lynched out of the game rather than for pressure
Maria S.
Maria S.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:20 pm

Votecount 3.2

Rhonda R.(1)- Ed S.
Roderick S.(1)- Maria S.
Kodama N.(1)- Mona L.
Mona L.(0)-
Wilkinson A.(0)-
Maria S.(0)-
Ed S.(0)-
Not Voting(4)- Rhonda R., Roderick S., Wilkinson A., Kodama N.
There are 7 alive so it takes 4 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 10th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Rhonda R. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodama N. Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 pm

ah, shit. My internet isn’t going to be back up by the time deadline passes. Whatever, I’m going to hotspot to my laptop and hope I don’t run out of data.

Maria S. wrote:The key thing here thats different in her situation is the fact you werent widely or highly regarded as scum and so its fairly clear that she wasnt blending in when she said you were heavily leaning scum. Rhonda on the other hand could be shown as blending in. Mona was also the first one iirc to actually point out your sudden change on your read on honcho which shows that she effectively started the "majority" rather than blending in. Speaking of which, you say that you saw how mr honcho wanted to go with majority and not form his own opinions which made you find him scummy. But you also said that you didnt read the wall posts the first time which means that in regards to Mr Honcho, the information you had before your first readlist and after your first readlist would have been exactly the same. Yet you went from "the topic was quite necessary to be brought up - leaning town" to "the only thing he ever brought up was the vig hardclaiming - scum" as if to say you gave him a lengthy amount of time to bring up another topic. But evidently the second readlist was only after one day of the first. If you truly saw the scumminess in his posts yourself and not because you read other (wall) posts and decided to form a spin-off opinion from it, you would have definitely seen it the first time. However this is not the case which shows a blatant attempt in blending in after reading the (wall) posts and seeing that your initial opinion on mr honcho wasnt shared with anyone else. I appreciate your honesty with regards to blending in with the mr cheeves lynch, but that begs the question, why wasnt your head in the game in the first place and had to be pressured to do so?
I thought someone had already mentioned my shift in Mr. Honcho’s lynch, which I thought I had already explained, but maybe it was only the Mr Cheeves lynch.
My head wasn’t really in the game the first day, I was in the game, since it had been a long day that day, and I couldn’t be bothered reading everything, but I still really wanted to post something useful, so I wasn’t really pressured to do so, but I guess I wanted to do it anyways.

Mona L. wrote:2) I am not sure how this is defeatism? I am simply admitting the truth and saying I should work on it. And I did, I am less passive and noncommittal now. And like I said before, I would never lie about whether or not there's something going on IRL.
Well, at that point you said you “should” work on it, which never implied you were going to, so I saw it as defeatism.

Maria S. wrote:I dont always lynch the person who i believe is the scummiest until at the end of the day, i'd much rather lynch someone who has no lynches or doesnt have many yet and has done something scummy in order to pressure and decide whether they are indeed less scummy than the scummiest person in my mind.
Could you please elaborate on this, because if is LYLO/MYLO, you pretty much might only have this one lynch left, so why wouldn’t you lynch your scummiest read?

So, reads.

Wilkinson A. - Nothing has changed about him, since he hasn’t talked at all after day 1. I’ve said what I disliked about him on day 1, but as he hasn’t posted day 2/day 3, he likely needs a sub or his account is cursed, and since he has posted nothing else/needs a sub, I’m going to Neutral, weak scum lean on him.

Roderick S. - Roderick #1 was weird to say the least and he was online but never explained his reasonings, and I feel that Rodrick #2 is trying to stall to deadline so he doesn’t have to put any effort in. He said he is still “just settling in to the game”, but wouldn’t reading everything already settle you into the game? Leaning scum. If he doesn’t post his reads/any other information, this will most likely turn into a “scum” read.

Maria S. - Her and Ed are pretty much, the main source of activity of the game, and I think that scum would want the game to be more dead than active. She responds to things quite quickly, and asks questions to people which is quite towny imo. She summarises things to make it easier for people (e.g. all the vig nominations on day 1), so it’s easier to read/understand. She has been consistent with activity/posts throughout the whole game, never letting her activity die, which is good, she helped clarify things about Rodrick with Ed, which was our main source of activity on day 2. I would’ve preferred it to be something more relevant to everyone, but I can’t complain since I had IRL stuff going on. She contributes a lot of useful discussion to day 3 (about the nightkill, reads, etc.). Town.

Ed S. - Ed is one of the people that I have been unsure of. His bringing up of the post about the theme was really necessary, and was a very towny first post, like Maria, he responds to questions really quickly, asks a lot of questions and he and Maria are pretty much the source of our activity. I’ve said what I disliked about him on day 1 (him being sympathetic to “befriend” people, him asking people to post to gain town cred, 3/22 of his day 1 posts were asking guests to post.). Without him, the beginning of day 2 would’ve been so very dead. He pressured the people he thought were scummy well, and helped me understand what he said really well, is quite observant, explains his motives really well/with good reasoning. The thing is, he mostly just responds to people (which isn’t a bad thing), but he doesn’t really post reads, contribute to other discussions that he isn’t mentioned in. He has remained quite consistent, after my read on him day 1 which is why I’m confident on reading him as Leaning town.
I’d also like to say that, scumteam theorising won’t really work unless scum inspect each other on the 2 nights, which is quite unlikely + there’s a VT hidden miller, so I think that scum team theorising is quite redundant.

I did not consider this until later in the game, but I think that scum would most likely be less active, since the OS Vig would want to shoot someone to hurt town, this makes my reads on Maria/Ed a little higher.

Mona L. - As I said before, she puts dedication in her posts, even if she is tired, sick, passive or whatever. She contributes towny things to discussions, answers questions “well”, but then again her excuses could be real or just trying to stall things to post, etc. I like her honesty on admitting she’s passive and noncommital, but she said she “should” work on it, never implying that would? I’ve said what I thought on her read on me, and that’s in my previous post. I don’t really like how she still lynched me even though she did realise I might’ve needed a sub/prod, while Rhonda was online, but didn’t really post anything useful up to that point and she said since plur was already on Rhonda, she didn’t want to lynch her, which is scummy imo, she seems like she’s trying to protect Rhonda. After my post of responding to things, she said “So I lynched you regardless of whether I expected you to defend yourself or not.”, which implies that she won’t unlynch even if I have a good defense. If she doesn’t care about a defence, then it isn’t really a defence. Mona, could you please explain this? Leaning scum for now.

Rhonda R. - I still find her flying under the radar day 1 suspicious and she only posted when she had plur on her. She’s had a lot of excuses, like being on vacation, having no free time on the 4th of July, etc. But as these reasons cannot be proven/disproven, we can’t really read much into this, but we can read into that she had no excuse for not posting day 1. I don’t like how she promised her reads long before she actually posted them, and she had been online, but just not posting anything at all. Her read on me. Is explaining my motives and expressing my opinions (the definition of commentary), sketchy? Could you please explain how providing commentary is sketchy? She hasn’t really pressured anyone/lynched anyone, which I find quite scummy, because she might be saving her lynch to shift plur onto someone else at the last second. I can definitely see a Mona + Rhonda + Wilkinson/Roderick team rn, but as I said, scum team theorising is quite redundant, because it requires for them to inspect each other. Scum.

For the record, my current reads are (From Town -> Scum) Maria -> Ed -> Wilkinson -> Roderick -> Mona -> Rhonda.

I hope this was worth waiting for, and by the way, I should be getting back my internet today, but no promises.
Kodama N.
Kodama N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:35 pm

I'm not convinced that this is the case, largely because she used "seemed" instead of "seems." Shout at me for getting upset about semantics, but this implies to me that she was explaining her thought process at the time she placed her lynch, and she doesn't mention the goal of getting Kodama out of the game until later.

To put it another way, had Mona used "seems" I'd be more implied to believe that the pressure was an "added bonus" that she thought about later.

Kodama's post has appeared while I am typing this. I am reading over it, but while I am now able to be consistently online I'm simultaneously balancing real life.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Kodama N. wrote:
Maria S. wrote:I dont always lynch the person who i believe is the scummiest until at the end of the day, i'd much rather lynch someone who has no lynches or doesnt have many yet and has done something scummy in order to pressure and decide whether they are indeed less scummy than the scummiest person in my mind.
Could you please elaborate on this, because if is LYLO/MYLO, you pretty much might only have this one lynch left, so why wouldn’t you lynch your scummiest read?
At the end of your post, you don't do this yourself. Considering how tentative you claim your internet has been, I'd expect this to be a priority of yours.

Kodama N. wrote:
I’d also like to say that, scumteam theorising won’t really work unless scum inspect each other on the 2 nights, which is quite unlikely + there’s a VT hidden miller, so I think that scum team theorising is quite redundant.
It's not impossible, especially at this point, for at least two scum to have inspected each other. Additionally, if the behavior in question is one-sided (see: what Maria theorized about me/Magnus inspecting Roderick during d2) then it's possible the other person is the hidden miller. If the behavior is two-sided (see: my comment on Mona+Rhonda) it's more likely to be a scumteam that has inspected each other.

[quote-"Kodama N."]I did not consider this until later in the game, but I think that scum would most likely be less active, since the OS Vig would want to shoot someone to hurt town, this makes my reads on Maria/Ed a little higher.[/quote]
I'm not quite following your logic here. What does the OS Vig wanting to hurt town have to do with the scum's activity level?
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderick S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 pm

ok tbh i think one of ed s or maria is one of the mafia morely ed s. But i think there interactions between each other says so otherwise.though im not sure i haven't remember everything but they could be just trying to get somewhere with the game
Kodama N. dosent appear scummy to me except his inactiveness but i dont think he is really a mafia just by reading his post
and just like everyone read Wilkinson # 2 hasent say anyhing could just be a lurking mafia.
thats 4/6 of my reads
just give me till tomorrow by then i should be pushing my scum target as well with the rest of my reads
Roderick S.
Roderick S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Well, it's something.

Roderick #2 is giving me the same vibes as Roderick #1 due to giving little reasoning behind his reads. I see he's online now so to Roderick: What is is that you find scummy about myself and Maria, and what do you find not scummy about Kodama? And what about the interactions between myself/Maria makes you then think otherwise?
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderick S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 pm

@Ed S is there any questions or concerns while im online? and while you are online.? ill stay on for a bit loner
Roderick S.
Roderick S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm

I have no words to describe this situation. Maybe Roderick didn't see my post because we posted at the same time? This is the only scenario I can think of.

On the offchance you're still reading this, Roderick, there is a post right above the one where you ask me about questions/concerns in which I list questions/concerns.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roderick S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Ed S. wrote:Well, it's something.

Roderick #2 is giving me the same vibes as Roderick #1 due to giving little reasoning behind his reads. I see he's online now so to Roderick: What is is that you find scummy about myself and Maria, and what do you find not scummy about Kodama? And what about the interactions between myself/Maria makes you then think otherwise?
what i find scummy about you two yall have been doing the most interactions in the game though it has been reasonable but something dosent seem right about i can specify latter.though ed S you are a little impaitent. as for the interactions. yall talk a whole page about me and never bother to pressure me then well my sub and now since i am talking now. not yall both considered and decided to pressure me now? so i am like the person u can count on to lynch since it is mylo/plyo and my sub as been pretty lurky i already but my self in a bad position thing is i think yall have been to friendly with each other and morely talk about other then individualy Do yall both Read each Other As town dosent seem right for yall to let each other off the hook but i assume yall rather keep eachother alive for lylo or something though i would lynch any of you town today. this is based on what i skimed and read so i could be wroung somewhere sry but i not going to read everything word by word its too much
Roderick S.
Roderick S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Firstly, I'm sorry if I'm coming across as impatient.

(I should mention for people seeing this later, the "situation" I mention above is Roderick going offline after his post asking for my questions.)
There are portions of your post I don't quite understand grammatically, but I will respond to what I can.
The discussion between myself and Maria is more about my read on you than you yourself. I at the time had you as a neutral read and was more intent on pressuring Wilkinson and later voting Mr. Honcho. (I think there a similar case going on with Maria, but she can speak for herself.)

At the moment, Maria is pressuring you (regardless of how effective I believe it to be). I'm not at the moment because:
1. To vote for you would necessitate moving my vote from Rhonda, which I'm still not comfortable with doing.
2. Outside of voting, there's only so much pressure that can be put on someone when said someone is lurking.

You say that you're "the person you can count on to lynch," but it's very unsettling that you're saying this without having lynched anyone and currently seem to plan on doing so right before deadline.

I currently read Maria as town, yes. I believe she townreads me as well (again, she can correct me if I'm wrong). What I'm gathering is that you believe we could be scumbuddies townreading each other, which has two problems:
1. We've been consistent in our reads on each other since the beginning of the game. Due to the nature of the theme, it is impossible for either of us as scum to know the alignment of the other, meaning that alignment can't be factoring into our reads on each other.
2. What does this mean for other people who are townreading us?

You mention that we talk more about others than we do to each other (I think this is what you mean by "individually", correct me if I'm misinterpreting). As you've read Day Two (mostly a discussion between myself and Maria), I don't see how you're coming to this conclusion. On a purely mathmatical sense, yes, we probably do discuss others more going by post count. But we're not completely ignoring each other.

Things I don't understand due to grammar:
"but my self in a bad position thing is i think yall have been to friendly with each other"
"dosent seem right for yall to let each other off the hook but i assume yall rather keep eachother alive for lylo or something though i would lynch any of you town today" (The bolded section, if I'm understanding correctly, is concerning. I know for a fact someone's going to be like "Ermahgerd he slipped gettem," but given the general spelling/grammar patterns in Roderick #2's posts I'm more inclined to believe it's an typo.)
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Rhonda's last post, by the way, was her readlist. That she's not posted since reinforces the idea in my mind that she's doing what she thinks to be enough to get by. "People have been pushing for a readlist? Okay, here you go. Call me if you need anything else!" (Probably a harsh way to phrase it, but the sentiment is the same.)

Part of why I'm reluctant to switch off of Rhonda is that she's done literally nothing save active lurking since.
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodama N. Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 am

My internet is officially back.

Ed S. wrote:Re: "What happened to me being your second nomination for Vig shot?" See my readlist. At the moment I don't think we should use the nomination process given the number of scum alive, but I've mentioned how my reads have shifted over the course of the day. The current order, for reference, is Maria>Kodama>Wilkinson>Mona>Roderick>Rhonda. I've moved Kodama above Wilkinson (who marks the neutral point) based on Kodama's last post, which continues to show an actual effort to both scumhunt and explain his motives. (This is as much as I can type currently due to the computer issue. I'm searching for another way to get online and plan to go into more detail with what I like about Kodama.)
You misunderstood my question, I meant before my post, in the time of when you posted the post I quoted, what made you say "you wouldn't mind a lynch on these four (Mona, Roderick, Rhonda, Wilkinson)" when I didn't post anything at all due to IRL stuff?

Rhonda R. wrote:Kodama: Touched on him in my last post.  Not going to cover the post he just made here since I havent read it thoroughly.  His game has pretty much been Read -> Act on Read -> Respond -> Repeat.  He's had a little bit of a back and forth with Ed but besides that he's simply been providing commentary on what has been happening in the game so far, which seems sketchy to me.

I've said my point on the "Read -> Act on Read -> Respond -> Repeat" part about providing commentary, but I forgot to add that it just has been convenient timing for when I posted it and in what order. Ed has said what I mostly wanted to say, so I can't add much on, but as this is most likely my last post before deadline I will lynch Rhonda as she is my biggest scumread. I will try my hardest to wake up before deadline and read everything, and revise my lynch if necessary.

Kodama N. wrote:
It's not impossible, especially at this point, for at least two scum to have inspected each other. Additionally, if the behavior in question is one-sided (see: what Maria theorized about me/Magnus inspecting Roderick during d2) then it's possible the other person is the hidden miller. If the behavior is two-sided (see: my comment on Mona+Rhonda) it's more likely to be a scumteam that has inspected each other.

I thought that you meant for a whole team to be buddying/going together, but now I clearly realise that I misunderstood. For two scum to inspect each other, it's way more likely, I agree.

Roderick S. wrote:ok tbh i think one of ed s or maria is one of the mafia morely ed s. But i think there interactions between each other says so otherwise.though im not sure i haven't remember everything but they could be just trying to get somewhere with the game
Kodama N. dosent appear scummy to me except his inactiveness but i dont think he is really a mafia just by reading his post
and just like everyone read Wilkinson # 2  hasent say anyhing could just be a lurking mafia.
thats 4/6 of my reads
just give me till tomorrow by then i should be pushing my scum target as well with the rest of my reads

We will give you 'till tomorrow, but from now the DL is in 14 hours, so please post/lynch ASAP.

Roderick S. wrote:@Ed S is there any questions or concerns while im online? and while you are online.? ill stay on for a bit loner

I like how he stayed on, just for any questions asked and answer them.

Roderick S. wrote:
Ed S. wrote:Well, it's something.

what i find scummy about you two yall have been doing the most interactions in the game though it has been reasonable but something dosent seem right about i can specify latter.though ed S you are a little impaitent. as for the interactions. yall talk a whole page about me and never bother to pressure me then well my sub and now since i am talking now. not yall both considered and decided to pressure me now? so i am like the person u can count on to lynch since it is mylo/plyo and my sub as been pretty lurky i already but my self in a bad position thing is i think yall have been to friendly with each other and morely talk about other then individualy Do yall both Read each Other As town dosent seem right for yall to let each other off the hook but i assume yall rather keep eachother alive for lylo or something though i would lynch any of you town today. this is based on what i skimed and read so i could be wroung somewhere sry but i not going to read everything word by word its too much
grammar/spelling makes this hard for me to read this, but as I said I like how he explains his reads unlike the first Roderick, so this is pretty good.
Kodama N.
Kodama N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodama N. Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 am

Ed S. wrote:
Kodama N. wrote:
At the end of your post, you don't do this yourself. Considering how tentative you claim your internet has been, I'd expect this to be a priority of yours.

Kodama N. wrote:

[quote-"Kodama N."]I did not consider this until later in the game, but I think that scum would most likely be less active, since the OS Vig would want to shoot someone to hurt town, this makes my reads on Maria/Ed a little higher.

Ugh I was just trying to quote " At the end of your post, you don't do this yourself. Considering how tentative you claim your internet has been, I'd expect this to be a priority of yours." but quoting went weird and didn't go with my last post or in a seperate post at all.
Response: I don't understand how me trying to figure it out and spending more time using my data is easier/better than asking her to clarify it.
(Note: this is meant to be part of my last post)
Kodama N.
Kodama N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed S. Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:43 am

I'd also be interested in hearing more on your read on Kodama, Roderick. You didn't go into detail with that.

(I sure was about to post just this. Kodama's post appeared after, response below.)

I was referring to not minding a lynch on one of those four if they continued their trend of actively lurking, which Rhonda did. The difference between her and you being that Rhonda's continual logging in meant that we could verify she was lurking whereas someone not logging in may not be reading the thread.

I do appreciate Roderick #2 staying on in case people had questions.

Fourteen hours to deadline, as Kodama mentioned. I should have access to PSAnon for most of them.

(After this second point, Kodama's second post appeared.)

I'm slightly confused with your reply. I was referring to that you didn't lynch anyone before leaving even though you weren't sure at the time if you'd be able to get on again (notable since you called out Maria for not lynching her scummiest read).
Ed S.
Ed S.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:05 am

Wilkinson A. has been subbed out, a new user is now using the account.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next