PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 29: Guess Who?

+11
Anita B.
Penelope C.
Rhyanna F.
Kylan R.
Carl G.
Horatio A.
Professor Jacuzzi
ajhockeystar
Sanpei S.
The Rodman
Manning P.
15 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game 29: Guess Who? - Page 11 Empty Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Sanpei S. Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm going to DIE laughing if PJ is actually scum, which I'm starting to think more and more given that he's not even trying to defend himself...
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:26 pm

If he's town, well, I'm going to have to rebase like half my reads list...
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Penelope C. wrote:
On the subject of said aggression: what makes it stand out, I think, is the that it’s a very sudden shift in playstyle from day 1 and Sanpei never mentioned a scumread on Rhyanna prior (unless we count the “Rhyanna should fully read wallposts” comment). The reason I’m considering it a basis for a scumread is that the scum’s probably feeling really desperate right now, and jumping on something like that appears to be a desperate move. (Yes, I know Sanpei unlynched shortly after and said they didn’t see it, but there’s nothing to verify that.)
for what its worth sanpei not reading things correctly was a theme on day 2 since he also misread the number of lynches on Ian later in the day

Penelope C. wrote:@Rhyanna: Thanks for clearing it up! I’m going to go back through most of day 1 in general also, to see if there’s any distancing on the part of a possible scumbuddy. Also, and I hope this doesn’t ruin it, but I remember that you mentioned something like “Carl did this strange thing, but I want to see if he does it again before mentioning it.” Did you ever notice him doing it again?
nope
i also did the same exact thing in one of my posts down the line (before rephrasing it) so I realized that the thing I was talking about was bad and decided to drop it. I didn't mention this because I wanted to see carl's reaction (there was none).

Sanpei S. wrote:Horatio A.(1)- Manning P.: Horatio has moved up on my scum list, due to the goings-on of the end of last day
elaborate please

Penelope C. wrote:
Anita’s first post basically suggests a lynch on myself or Horatio, the two people she went on to scumread at the end of the day. More specifically, it asks what people think of it, and this was of course the start of people scumreading her.

Anita B. wrote:Cool, gn everyone!
This was in response to AJ posting the first votecount, which has 2 votes on her (Rhyanna and Sanpei) and 2 on Jacuzzi (Kylan and myself). The reason I’m bothering to quote this filler is because she didn’t make an effort to shift plurality off of herself and onto Jacuzzi (at this point, she has a lynch on me [unexplained at this point]).
On the topic of the first one, given that Anita seems to have continued with her train of thought at the start, the random buddying with professor jacuzzi could be a valid reason to see him as scum (instead of town due to WIFOM).
Even though I suspect Jacuzzi, I think that the point of plurshifting wrt pj as anita's scumpartner is just really bad, since that would basically guarantee Anita being lynched unless she could somehow come up with a good reason to lynch Jacuzzi (and if i remember correctly, he had barely posted at that point so there wasnt really any).

Sanpei S. wrote:Lynch Professor Jacuzzi

Because the only reason I can see scum not plurshifting off themselves is if the only other wagon is their partner.
see above

Carl G. wrote:
Professor Jacuzzi - I'm probably in agreement with others at this stage on Jacuzzi. Most likely a slight scum lean right now, however I'm unsure considering day 1 and his point of view on Anita. From my POV, it would seem a bit early to go for a lynch on Anita, if he was joining the bandwagon to avoid suspicion (he did give good evidence and stuff so it wouldn't just seem like 'im joining cause everyone else is'), however, i don't get his bitching about L-1 when people can generally count and pay attention to their lynches, especially considering the person they were lynching and everyone's point of views on Anita at that stage. Personally though I don't feel like he's contributed hugely to town. His lynch on scum happened, yes, but literally not much else. He pointed out some things in reply to Kylan in regards about Horatio (which fair enough, I'm probably quite for a Horatio lynch today), but I don't know whether to put this as a lack of proactivity around stuff, or just him sliding through the game. Unsure on my view, slight scum lean to neutral i guess.

Kylan R. - the stuff kylan had was ok, but it's limited. i can't really pull apart much of it, however much i want to. i feel his analysis that he had has been good, pretty towny and all, but the lack of content isn't helping me in terms of getting a read. i would say off the stuff i have that im leaning town, but only slightly.

Sanpei S. - Pretty unchanged on sanpei. his stuff is fairly good, but im not liking a few of his point of views, and lack of detail to his reads as mentioned earlier. don't think he's scum right now however, but definitely in my sights in terms of a person i'd have in mind at some point. not sure what else I can bring forth that isn't said already, will probably have a look further later on. neutral to slight scum.

Horatio A. - my most likely lynch today. lack of content right now, and his sparse posting from time to time isn't helping (although he did mention he'll fix it 2 days ago [then never rectified that further]). personally i feel the lynch would be fairly valuable versus some others today, but that's just me.
Quoted the points I agreed with. I looked back through Jacuzzi's posts and aside from two ""walls"" for his lynches on Anita and Horatio (and one post for a sr on ian), he's either rled or defended himself. That's it.
Kylan not posting much is the only real reason I have for not seeing him as town, since the one/two posts he made were pgood.
I really really dislike a lot of the povs that sanpei has but I do think that he's very likely town just based on his posting style and based on how he went after Anita almost immediately d1.
Horatio is probably who i'd lynch if pj flips town. His content hasn't really been that great, and I think he's in the same boat as pj wrt not posting many useful things.

The Rodman wrote:Uh ya sorry I have been really busy with school and sports getting home around 10pm everyday. Albeit, I do sort of agree with Rhyanna's reasoning of Prof. Jacuzzi I do not think repeating a method of preservation is really scummy because it is still preservation. If I had to guess scum rn it would be Sanpei because of what I see as evasiveness. While you could argue I'm pretty evasive as well, I think next week won't be too stressful for me.
Please explain what you mean by evasiveness? I didn't really understand what you were trying to say here.

Sanpei S. wrote:
Snazzy Carl G. wrote:The Rodman - new sub is quiet too, i think rodman's account is cursed and is never gonna have activity sadly :/ post more if you're here, considering you did log on on tuesday and did not post a thing.

Kind of tempted to unlynch PJ and lynch Rodman, as inactives will just weigh us down as we approach mylo/lylo. Especially given that he's logged in and hasn't posted.
Can you not
Rodman is probably one of the most likely if not the most likely town based on his lynch on Anita and the fact that Anita attempted to go after him legitimately (and after that gained zero traction, she switched back to Horatio and Penelope).

Manning P. wrote:
Horatio A. wrote:
Sanpai - Scumread: On Page 2 (not going to bother quoting that wall post) he said “Egotistical players are the best because they'll attempt crazy bullshit that nobody else will. And usually get scum caught in the flounder-y process that follows.” (refering to Penelope) but then lynched Penelope after? and he was also trolling around when Anita asked him “Then why aren’t you scum :^)” with “Because my PM from AJ didn't say I was”. This answer just seems kinda off to me because he was going along with the joke question instead of answering it probably/questioning why anita would ask that out of no where.
Sanpei S. wrote:Hell, what makes you think I'm scum in the first place?
^ that reaction to Ian thinking that you're scum is a little too much imo.
So I’m just going to Lynch Sanpai.

Ian: Townread - I think he has a town-ish appearance and has good reasonings/basis's to lynch people/explain why he sr'd/tr'd someone etc.

I don't really have enough time to make a full reads post (but I just made a reads post on the people who currently had a lynch on them) but I'll try and post one later on.
dont like any of his reads here.
the first part of his read on sanpei is bad reasoning imo because it made actual sense when sanpei flipped from wanting to keep penelope alive to lynching her and the second is pretty terrible given that its almost a necessity to troll early game.
while ian flipped town he went to almost no depth in his reasoning so id go as far as saying that he was white knighting him.

Didn't really notice how poor Horatio's reasoning for tr'ing Ian was. That looks pretty bad on him. I do disagree that his reasoning for Sanpei was bad, when I read it it seemed fine to me.

I remember that one of Carl or Manning said they scumread Horatio more than PJ but went on to lynch PJ, so that makes them look a bit worse in my books. I'll go read up to check who that was.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:55 pm

>rodman
>most town
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:58 pm

That would be Carl.
ATM town->scum for me is:
Rodman -> Sanpei -> Manning -> Penelope -> Carl -> Kylan -> Horatio/PJ

Should we lynch one of Horatio/PJ (which looks like is going to happen) and they flip town, I think we should go after the other one tomorrow.
Im certain Rodman is town because of his lynch on Anita and because Anita legitimately tried to pressure/go after/lynch him.
Sanpei pressuring Anita early and generally being consistent (even if his pov has been bad/wrong A LOT) seems townie to me. Things could change and I could see a lynch on him in the future, but I really don't think it should happen any time soon.
Manning's content has been good, i've seen next to nothing that's scummy from him, and him lynching Anita in response to her defense looks super townie from him.
Penelope has contributed a lot lately and she's more of a townread due to her pushing out good content. If we're lost in the future about who scum could be, she'd be a good person to look at/lynch.
Carl's also had good and townie content, and i've liked the reasoning that he's had in his posts. However, him having a main scumread on Horatio and then lynching PJ is sketchy to me, and I could see that as a scum move. It's something that seems unlikely to me though, and i'd probably not lynch him unless I had no other leads.
Kylan hasn't posted anything, which is why he's so low on the list.
Horatio has had some sketchy content and strange connections to Anita. I can see some distancing between them, but he did bring up some valid points in his lynch on Anita. That being said, he hasn't really posted much and interacted with people after scumreading them.
There isn't really strong evidence pointing to PJ being scum, but there's a lot of it. There was a TON of buddying between Anita and PJ, and PJ's latest defense was just complete WIFOM, which I really really dislike. He also hasn't posted many useful things. He's had stuff in the earlygame, which was basically just rling, mostly defenses of himself, and a couple scumread posts (which he never elaborated on).
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Professor Jacuzzi wrote:This is PSAnon, the players here are all at least reasonably experienced. I'd be extremely surprised if someone was actually bad enough to claim scum and their partner. That's just throwing the game away d1.
given that this was his last post and everyone seems to think hes scum and the wagon will never shift to horatio at this rate i guess i might as well hammer him even if its probably just gonna end up being symbolic. theres like 1 hour left until deadline and unless i get major arguments from jacuzzi telling me otherwise i think i wont bother pursuing horatio and begging for a lynch on him (today that is) and just go with the flow and lynch jacuzzi. the order really doesnt matter a whole lot to me as long as we lynch the two in any order to me because that's where i currently think were most likely to find scum.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:01 pm

don't hammer him until right before deadline
if he comes on to defend himself i want to hear it
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:don't hammer him until right before deadline
if he comes on to defend himself i want to hear it
that was actually my plan lol.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:05 pm

alright thats fine
i think deadline might actually have passed, but i'll ask aj to check
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 pm

nah deadline is in 45 minutes because daylight savings.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:16 pm

just asked aj its now so lynch pj if u think hes scum and u want the points
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:16 pm

deadline has already passed. HOW DOES RHYANNA SEE AN INACTIVE AS THE TOWNIEST PLAYER WHAT!? I don't think Rodman has posted like more than twice today...
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:17 pm

dont look at the number of times they've posted, look at interactions including and about them....
it's very clear why i think rodman's town, go look up if you're confused.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:dont look at the number of times they've posted, look at interactions including and about them....
it's very clear why i think rodman's town, go look up if you're confused.

Their posts seemed way too minimalist for my liking...
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:21 pm

the quality of rodman's posts were irrelevant to my townread on him. He lynched anita immediately on day 1, and Anita legitimately tried to go after him (switching to horatio/penelope when this failed). I doubt that they'd both be bussing that hard, which makes me very certain that rodman is town. Try to get past your own biases of him having low quality posts and the point should make sense.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:the quality of rodman's posts were irrelevant to my townread on him. He lynched anita immediately on day 1, and Anita legitimately tried to go after him (switching to horatio/penelope when this failed). I doubt that they'd both be bussing that hard, which makes me very certain that rodman is town. Try to get past your own biases of him having low quality posts and the point should make sense.

What...?

You think that him getting a lucky lynch and then Anita OMGUSing him makes him townie..?

what
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:24 pm

yes??
anita legitimately tried to get rodman lynched, which is not something you're gonna do to your own partner
he can't get a lucky lynch as mafia so of course that would make him townie...
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi friends, I'm currently busy, so I'm gonna just say stop posting now, I'll post update in a few hoursish. Smile
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Sorry guys, I hate giving extensions, since one faction is always screwed over by them.

Votecount 3.3

Professor Jacuzzi(4)- Sanpei S., Rhyanna F., Penelope C., Carl G.
Horatio A.(1)- Manning P.
Sanpei S.(0)-
Penelope C.(0)-
The Rodman(0)-
Kylan R.(0)
Rhyanna F.(0)-
Carl G.(0)-
Manning P.(0)-
Not Voting(4)- Kylan R., Professor Jacuzzi, The Rodman, Horatio A.
There are 9 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Saturday the 18th at 9pm EST.

Professor Jacuzzi was lynched.

he was a...:

Night 3 Commence! Deadline is the 20th at 9pm EST, or earlier if the scumteams from both games send their kills.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 am

the death last night was of...:

Day 4 Commence!

Votecount 4.0

Horatio A.(0)-
Penelope C.(0)-
The Rodman(0)-
Kylan R.(0)
Rhyanna F.(0)-
Carl G.(0)-
Manning P.(0)-
Not Voting(7)- Kylan R., The Rodman, Horatio A., Rhyanna F., Penelope C., Carl G., Manning P.
There are 7 alive so it takes 4 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Saturday the 25th at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl G. Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 am

shame to lose sanpei today, guess i'll just have to
lynch horatio a.

in response to me saying about lynching horatio and then lynching pj, i just personally felt like i should lynch him. i still had a neutral to scum read on him in some cases, and a horatio lynch was going nowhere in the last 5-10 hours considering PJ was at L-2 before my lynch. just personally felt like i may as well considering it would help me make my mind up more in terms of my reads. i'll drop some more stuff later tonight with a bit more analysis about the past day i guess.
Carl G.
Carl G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Okay, I’m going to start with trying to analyze the kill and Jacuzzi’s flip, then respond to some of what happened yesterday after I left.

I’m assuming Sanpei was killed for one of 3 reasons:

-Perceived as town by most people (if this is the case then there must be a reason Rhyanna wasn’t killed).

-Sanpei talking about rebasing his reads list if Jacuzzi was town (and scum thus being worried about being closer to the bottom).

-Cutting short the discussion about The Rodman (which would indicate a likely frame, although this game has had plenty of wifom already).

I personally think the second is these is most likely, so I want to try to figure out what the rebased list would be. Sanpei also never got to elaborate on Horatio moving up on their scum list, which could be another frame attempt or, if Horatio is scum, banking on us overlooking this point in favor of the above 3. This is in italics because I am very strongly considering it and still scumread Horatio, despite the lynch seen later in this post.

Some of my own reads have shifted regarding the flip, especially on Kylan R., who was last online on the 15th, which means he hasn’t seen my asking him to speak (on the 18th) unless he’s been using an incognito mode.  Regardless, Kylan was the one to prompt Anita’s “scumteam with Jacuzzi” comment, then went inactive but came back to say during day 2 that “PJ should receive the lynch because the opening statement from scum was a selfclaim with him. (Slightly paraphrased.) Albeit, Kylan went on to make a wallpost in which he shifted from a scumread to a townread on Jacuzzi. For the time being I’m going to Lynch Kylan R. This will likely change to Horatio, who remains my main scumread, by the end of the day, unless he does something extremely townish or Kylan does something especially scummy (or doesn’t return at all).

My other changed read is on Carl G., although it hasn’t changed that much. (In the order I listed yesterday, he and Rodman make up a “neutral” section.) What I’m gathering from your most recent post is that you switched to Jacuzzi because he was about to get lynched anyway and you thought it would help your reads. Manning seemed to have the same thoughts and didn’t switch, which makes Carl’s vote look like a possible, “Oh, let me get on the Jacuzzi wagon so I can get some points for this mislynch."

@Rhyanna: I agree that Anita continually asking for Rodman makes him look like town, but I wouldn’t consider him a strong town presence considering the lurking. I don’t know if I’d call her efforts “legitimate” yet, since she never actually switched to a vote for Rodman and seemed to give up on him pretty quickly (deeming him a "neutral read” because she wanted his reasoning).

General: Sanpei was probably one of the most active users in the thread, so I just want to remind/encourage everyone to keep the activity up and make sure we have more pages than game 28 and once ask those who haven’t been as active to join us. I promise we (occasionally) don’t bite.
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:17 pm

"This is in italics," I say about the comment on Horatio. Guess what's not in italics?
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 pm

why am i alive
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:15 pm

sanpei got killed what
i guess they were trying to frame rodman?

didn't expect to be alive but ill catch up on everything soon
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next