PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 29: Guess Who?

+11
Anita B.
Penelope C.
Rhyanna F.
Kylan R.
Carl G.
Horatio A.
Professor Jacuzzi
ajhockeystar
Sanpei S.
The Rodman
Manning P.
15 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game 29: Guess Who? - Page 10 Empty Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Sanpei S. Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:33 pm

Horatio A.(1)- Manning P.: Horatio has moved up on my scum list, due to the goings-on of the end of last day

Sanpei S.(0)- 100% top scumread lynch sanpei

Penelope C.(0)- Fairly townie, shelling out great activity, very responsive, putting stuff out there a lot and is probably our town leader here

Professor Jacuzzi(0)- Quite honestly my highest scumread because of Anita now... I don't love that WIFOM, but if Anita was bad enough to claim scum maybe she was bad enough to out her partner with it as well.

The Rodman(0)- Rodman still feels way too AFK, fly-under-the-radar for me to properly townread him, but he's definitely sitting neutral still, with a potential scum lean.

Kylan R.(0) - Who?

Rhyanna F.(0) - Same position as Penelope, but she's said something things that bothered me (will quote if requested) but she's town read leaning towards neutral atm.

Carl G.(0)- Again, who?

Manning P.(0)- Dislike the one-off lynch on Horatio and disappear, but I understand it. I'd LOVE to think that you're town too, but I'm very hestitant to TR a lynch and leave.
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:33 pm

I'd like to see everyone post a similar sort of wall, honestly
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Jacuzzi Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:29 pm

This is PSAnon, the players here are all at least reasonably experienced. I'd be extremely surprised if someone was actually bad enough to claim scum and their partner. That's just throwing the game away d1.
Professor Jacuzzi
Professor Jacuzzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Disclaimer: There’s more that happened day 1, but this post is an effort to compile anything that may not be wifom from Anita regarding the interactions between her and others.

Second disclaimer: This is part 1 of an unknown number of parts. The reason for multiple ones is that the number of quotes in these posts are adding to the length, and I don’t want to turn what’s already a wall into a deadly block of text. Also, I already lost the first part of this once due to my computer lagging out and forcing me to close my browser (I’m typing this in a separate program now to prevent this.)

Anita B. wrote:Hello folks! Now that we've started, I figure we can just do this properly, after the usual d1 Bs ofc.

So I'd like to see what everyone's thoughts on me lynching Horatio A or Penelope C?

Anita’s first post basically suggests a lynch on myself or Horatio, the two people she went on to scumread at the end of the day. More specifically, it asks what people think of it, and this was of course the start of people scumreading her.

Anita B. wrote:
Sanpei S. wrote:You don't just ask us our thoughts on you lynching people.

You lynch them, and then see what we think. God.

Unlynch Professor Jacuzzi, Lynch Anita B.

Asking us to "approve" your lynch seems like a scummy thing to do, no? It's as though you're mafia asking town what to do so you can try to fit in better.

Can confirm I'm Mafia with professor jacuzzi

Lynch Penelope C

Probably filler/wifom, but I just wanted to point out that this comment wasn't random, as Kylan had said "Anita and Professor for early scumteam."

Anita B. wrote:
Rhyanna F. wrote:
Carl G. wrote:Not really sure why we're spreading lynches just for the sake of it. No clue why exactly this has any use when we all know this is just usual day 1 meta. Anyway, how about you all explain your lynches when you carry them out for a change? It's always nice for that to happen.

My reasoning is that Anita is clearly mafia

Anita B. wrote:Hello folks! Now that we've started, I figure we can just do this properly, after the usual d1 Bs ofc.

So I'd like to see what everyone's thoughts on me lynching Horatio A or Penelope C?

Both of those lynches are fine, but I think lynching Anita B. is a better lynch over those two.

Same

Rhyanna about the randlynch on Anita, with just "Same" as a response (AKA the lack of defense Sanpei was trying to elicit). I also doubt that Rhyanna bussed this hard, though if she did we’re all getting played and I’ll cry.

Anita B. wrote:Cool, gn everyone!
This was in response to AJ posting the first votecount, which has 2 votes on her (Rhyanna and Sanpei) and 2 on Jacuzzi (Kylan and myself). The reason I’m bothering to quote this filler is because she didn’t make an effort to shift plurality off of herself and onto Jacuzzi (at this point, she has a lynch on me [unexplained at this point]).

The Rodman wrote:Did you claim mafia partners with Prof. Well I belive it.

Lynch Anita B

I know Rodman's sub asked us to disregard what few things their predecessor did, but this is here for completeness. It's either a random vote, a bandwagon, or a very quick buy-in to the beginning of a lot of wifom. I do wish we could ask The (First) Rodman if anything made him pick Anita over Jacuzzi when both were at 2 votes and considering what became their only sentence after the game began. Maybe it's just that Anita was the one to bring it up and I'm reading into it too much.

Anita B. wrote:
The Rodman wrote:Did you claim mafia partners with Prof. Well I belive it.

Lynch Anita B

Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure your just bandwagoning because turbo.

I say we lynch Penelope C. today bc apparently she's superior to everyone else and I hate egotistical players

Clearly Anita would say I’m reading into it too much. I take it this is the reasoning for Anita's early lynch on me, but I don't know if it's RVS or she legitimately just didn't like arrogant players. Lead to the "egoistical players attempt crazy bullshit" discussion.

Anita B. wrote:
Rhyanna F. wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Anita's reactions, btw?

Answer that

Unlynch, Lynch The Rodman

I like Sanpei's reasoning for keeping Penelope alive (egotistical players tend to slip is what I read it as, however I may have missed the meaning)

k so I'm gonna pressure Roddy here, idc if it's omgus.

The Rodman, Why jump on my Lynch?

Also, I know this is a bit early but, if I'm not scum, who do you think it is?

I'm going to post a bit more in a minute

Comments on liking Sanpei’s reason to keep me alive (although Sanpei voted to lynch me in the same post) and uses this to switch to Rodman to pressure for what Anita apparently perceives as bandwagon. I edited “if this is a bit early” to “I know this is a bit early” since that was an edit she made shortly after.

Anita B. wrote:Because honestly, you seem really flippant between me / penelope c / The rodman

speaking of rodman

YO RODMAN could you please explain your actions, thanks!

Looking at this now, right underneath the post where she votes for Rodman, it looks more like an attempt to pressure. She and Manning were the only ones on him at this point and Rodman’s vote on her was, according to her, bandwagon.

Anita B. wrote:
Ian S. wrote:Now that I have seen the monstrosity that is my picture, time to post reads, and oh so many interesting things I have seen.

Dude your picture is amazing.

Also Professor Jacuzzi can you come back pls

This is mostly just here because it’s another thing people scumread Anita for.

This thing is at ~1,050 words with the quotes included, so I’m going to call this part 1 and end it here. I’m going to attempt to work on a post similar to Sanpei’s as well as part 2 of this thing, although one thing I do want to say for now is that I feel a mix of gratitude and intimidation at being referred to as the town leader, especially considering that I thought that person was either Sanpei or Rhyanna.

Sidenote for myself in case something happens to m computer before I finish part 2: the next thing relating to Anita (aside from joking) is the set of lynched from Jacuzzi, Horatio, and myself, as well as Carl scumreading Anita and Rhyanna suggesting that Jacuzzi would be her partner.
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Lynch Professor Jacuzzi

Because the only reason I can see scum not plurshifting off themselves is if the only other wagon is their partner.

This is a PRELIMINARY VOTE. I do not intend to keep this, unless I find new information to support it.
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:19 pm

Professor Jacuzzi wrote:This is PSAnon, the players here are all at least reasonably experienced. I'd be extremely surprised if someone was actually bad enough to claim scum and their partner. That's just throwing the game away d1.
remember when anita's defense was "why would I make myself so obvious"??
this seems like a pretty strange echo of that to me
Lynch Professor Jacuzzi

i saw the other things mentioning me ill say what i need to say about those later
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl G. Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Sanpei S. wrote:
Carl G.(0)- Again, who?
^^^ someone apparently can't be arsed to read any of my content considering i have the same or more than some of the people you gave reads of. please go ahead and read my stuff and stop bullshitting.

apologies for not getting out my reads yesterday, was super busy and didnt end up getting on. just in the middle of making them up still, so i'd expect them out in a 2 or so hours probs when i get the chance to finish them all.

Sanpei S. wrote:
I'd like to see everyone post a similar sort of wall, honestly
i did say this earlier at the start of the day about everyone getting out reads, but please put more detail than sanpei if possible. people have plenty of stuff that we can analyse and share opinions on at this stage. a sentence that's vague and useless isn't gonna help us one bit (also please give reads on everyone, skipping out on people is just lazy and idiotic considering a few of the people on Sanpei's list had posts (aka me)).
Carl G.
Carl G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl G. Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:55 pm

alright here's my reads list:

Manning P. - i really really appreciated the manning activity during day 2 cause it helped me in terms of gaining an opinion on him. personally, i feel his analysis has been really on point. feel he tunnelled a little bit too hard on the ian lynch, but it was fairly valid and honestly not minding that considering he explained fairly well his pov, and that he didn't feel swayed elsewhere. right now, i'd say im leaning town after day 2. much clearer compared to day 1 and a big improvement.

The Rodman - new sub is quiet too, i think rodman's account is cursed and is never gonna have activity sadly :/ post more if you're here, considering you did log on on tuesday and did not post a thing.

Penelope C. - i have no fucking clue how to view penelope right now. i certainly don't view her as a town lead right now like sanpei, but she's not definite scum or anything to me right now. things i mentioned before in my big wallpost are still bothering me (refer back, im not bothering to bring it into here when it's easily found and far too much for a reads list), however im still in the mind of her analysis and arguments so far have been pretty great for discussion, and she's definitely contributing in some way towards the town goal, bringing up new things. neutral at the moment, most likely gonna swing today depending on how stuff goes.

Professor Jacuzzi - I'm probably in agreement with others at this stage on Jacuzzi. Most likely a slight scum lean right now, however I'm unsure considering day 1 and his point of view on Anita. From my POV, it would seem a bit early to go for a lynch on Anita, if he was joining the bandwagon to avoid suspicion (he did give good evidence and stuff so it wouldn't just seem like 'im joining cause everyone else is'), however, i don't get his bitching about L-1 when people can generally count and pay attention to their lynches, especially considering the person they were lynching and everyone's point of views on Anita at that stage. Personally though I don't feel like he's contributed hugely to town. His lynch on scum happened, yes, but literally not much else. He pointed out some things in reply to Kylan in regards about Horatio (which fair enough, I'm probably quite for a Horatio lynch today), but I don't know whether to put this as a lack of proactivity around stuff, or just him sliding through the game. Unsure on my view, slight scum lean to neutral i guess.

Rhyanna F. - i don't have much to say about Rhyanna. i mean she's definitely got a pretty large amount of commentary about the game, but i generally don't like her posting style, however i get that she's still conveying information, sharing responses frequently and generally being good at provoking questions/discussion. lack of filler too which is surprising considering the post count lol. towny to me, doubt it's gonna shift unless something major happens.

Kylan R. - the stuff kylan had was ok, but it's limited. i can't really pull apart much of it, however much i want to. i feel his analysis that he had has been good, pretty towny and all, but the lack of content isn't helping me in terms of getting a read. i would say off the stuff i have that im leaning town, but only slightly.

Sanpei S. - Pretty unchanged on sanpei. his stuff is fairly good, but im not liking a few of his point of views, and lack of detail to his reads as mentioned earlier. don't think he's scum right now however, but definitely in my sights in terms of a person i'd have in mind at some point. not sure what else I can bring forth that isn't said already, will probably have a look further later on. neutral to slight scum.

Horatio A. - my most likely lynch today. lack of content right now, and his sparse posting from time to time isn't helping (although he did mention he'll fix it 2 days ago [then never rectified that further]). personally i feel the lynch would be fairly valuable versus some others today, but that's just me.

any questions, ask away
Carl G.
Carl G.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Votecount 3.2

Professor Jacuzzi(2)- Sanpei S., Rhyanna F.
Horatio A.(1)- Manning P.
Sanpei S.(0)-
Penelope C.(0)-
The Rodman(0)-
Kylan R.(0)
Rhyanna F.(0)-
Carl G.(0)-
Manning P.(0)-
Not Voting(6)- Kylan R., Professor Jacuzzi, The Rodman, Penelope C., Horatio A., Carl G.
There are 9 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Saturday the 18th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Professor Jacuzzi would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rodman Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Uh ya sorry I have been really busy with school and sports getting home around 10pm everyday. Albeit, I do sort of agree with Rhyanna's reasoning of Prof. Jacuzzi I do not think repeating a method of preservation is really scummy because it is still preservation. If I had to guess scum rn it would be Sanpei because of what I see as evasiveness. While you could argue I'm pretty evasive as well, I think next week won't be too stressful for me.
The Rodman
The Rodman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:11 pm

Carl G. wrote:
Sanpei S. wrote:
Carl G.(0)- Again, who?
^^^ someone apparently can't be arsed to read any of my content considering i have the same or more than some of the people you gave reads of. please go ahead and read my stuff and stop bullshitting.

apologies for not getting out my reads yesterday, was super busy and didnt end up getting on. just in the middle of making them up still, so i'd expect them out in a 2 or so hours probs when i get the chance to finish them all.

-snip-

I feel as if most of your activity was in the 2-3 days during Day 2 where I was away, and that post was done without any sort of looking through the posts. It wasn't a way to say that you didn't have any activity, it was more me saying that I personally couldn't recall off the top of my head anything significantly scummy or townie that you had said. My apologies if it came off the wrong way.

Ridiculous Carl G. wrote:alright here's my reads list:

Manning P. - i really really appreciated the manning activity during day 2 cause it helped me in terms of gaining an opinion on him. personally, i feel his analysis has been really on point. feel he tunnelled a little bit too hard on the ian lynch, but it was fairly valid and honestly not minding that considering he explained fairly well his pov, and that he didn't feel swayed elsewhere. right now, i'd say im leaning town after day 2. much clearer compared to day 1 and a big improvement.

I agree with most of what you said here, except for the last two sentences... I personally see Manning as a more Neutral-Town than Townie, but that could just be me. More explanation later.

Snazzy Carl G. wrote:The Rodman - new sub is quiet too, i think rodman's account is cursed and is never gonna have activity sadly :/ post more if you're here, considering you did log on on tuesday and did not post a thing.

Kind of tempted to unlynch PJ and lynch Rodman, as inactives will just weigh us down as we approach mylo/lylo. Especially given that he's logged in and hasn't posted.

Fat Carl G. wrote:Penelope C. - i have no fucking clue how to view penelope right now. i certainly don't view her as a town lead right now like sanpei, but she's not definite scum or anything to me right now. things i mentioned before in my big wallpost are still bothering me (refer back, im not bothering to bring it into here when it's easily found and far too much for a reads list), however im still in the mind of her analysis and arguments so far have been pretty great for discussion, and she's definitely contributing in some way towards the town goal, bringing up new things. neutral at the moment, most likely gonna swing today depending on how stuff goes.

How do you not see Penelope as a town lead, but mention me as one in the same post? If anything, Penelope was more of a leader yesterday than I was...I agree with the actual read on her, and most of everything else you said, and that she's neutral but swingy (leaning town rn for me, but still swingy), I'm just not a fan of the way you started with backing it up.

Crazy Carl G. wrote:Professor Jacuzzi - I'm probably in agreement with others at this stage on Jacuzzi. Most likely a slight scum lean right now, however I'm unsure considering day 1 and his point of view on Anita. From my POV, it would seem a bit early to go for a lynch on Anita, if he was joining the bandwagon to avoid suspicion (he did give good evidence and stuff so it wouldn't just seem like 'im joining cause everyone else is'), however, i don't get his bitching about L-1 when people can generally count and pay attention to their lynches, especially considering the person they were lynching and everyone's point of views on Anita at that stage. Personally though I don't feel like he's contributed hugely to town. His lynch on scum happened, yes, but literally not much else. He pointed out some things in reply to Kylan in regards about Horatio (which fair enough, I'm probably quite for a Horatio lynch today), but I don't know whether to put this as a lack of proactivity around stuff, or just him sliding through the game. Unsure on my view, slight scum lean to neutral i guess.

*smashes like button*

ajhockeyCarl G. wrote:Rhyanna F. - i don't have much to say about Rhyanna. i mean she's definitely got a pretty large amount of commentary about the game, but i generally don't like her posting style, however i get that she's still conveying information, sharing responses frequently and generally being good at provoking questions/discussion. lack of filler too which is surprising considering the post count lol. towny to me, doubt it's gonna shift unless something major happens.

What about her posting style do you dislike? And is it just a personal preference or is it bad enough to make you townread her less? (Just looking for clarification on thatm otherwise I agree with you)

Running-out-of-nicknames Carl G. wrote:Kylan R. - the stuff kylan had was ok, but it's limited. i can't really pull apart much of it, however much i want to. i feel his analysis that he had has been good, pretty towny and all, but the lack of content isn't helping me in terms of getting a read. i would say off the stuff i have that im leaning town, but only slightly.

I'd love to see more from Kylan, but I agree that he's at the very least been TRYING to analyze everything.

I hate Carl G. wrote:Sanpei S. - Pretty unchanged on sanpei. his stuff is fairly good, but im not liking a few of his point of views, and lack of detail to his reads as mentioned earlier. don't think he's scum right now however, but definitely in my sights in terms of a person i'd have in mind at some point. not sure what else I can bring forth that isn't said already, will probably have a look further later on. neutral to slight scum.

Clarified this above, am going to try to make some better stuff tomorrow.

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl \"that kills people" G. wrote:Horatio A. - my most likely lynch today. lack of content right now, and his sparse posting from time to time isn't helping (although he did mention he'll fix it 2 days ago [then never rectified that further]). personally i feel the lynch would be fairly valuable versus some others today, but that's just me.

Not necessarily sure I would put Horatio over PJ and Rodman, but I definitely understand where Carl is coming from here.

The Rodman wrote:Uh ya sorry I have been really busy with school and sports getting home around 10pm everyday. Albeit, I do sort of agree with Rhyanna's reasoning of Prof. Jacuzzi I do not think repeating a method of preservation is really scummy because it is still preservation. If I had to guess scum rn it would be Sanpei because of what I see as evasiveness. While you could argue I'm pretty evasive as well, I think next week won't be too stressful for me.

How am I being evasive, beyond what I clarified at the very beginning of this post? That's not my intent, obviously, but I'm curious to see what you perceive as evasiveness.
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:09 am

Apparently I left this on after leaving, so I’m sorry if it looks like I’ve been online nonstop. Since the lynches from Jacuzzi, Horatio, and myself are a trio of wallposts, I’m going to attempt to summarize them. If people want to go back and read them, they’re all on page 3, starting about halfway down. this post is longer than the first one partly because in the event I have a repeat of today and am unable to come on when intended, I don’t want to delay having the whole thing posted until the 19th itself comes.

Jacuzzi cited mostly filler, as well as Anita’s general lack of scumhunting and reasoning, finishing by explaining that to him it simply seemed like Anita was just trying to look active.

I think Horatio’s post started as  a general list of thoughts on things, seeing as he gave his insight into the “third is always scum” discussion that was going on. The rest of the post refers to Anita, namely the filler and asking Jacuzzi and Rodman to come back.

In between Horatio’s post and mine is Carl’s readlist, containing a scumread on Anita. I mentioned it earlier, possibly while being too aggressive, but here’s the portion referring to Anita specifically (since it’s a one-paragraph read as opposed to a wallpost):

Carl G. wrote:@Horatio and Jacuzzi

I'm pretty much in agreement with all of your points on Anita. Her posts, albeit some of them being fairly useful at this stage, are majority redundant and not necessarily being 100% helpful at this stage. Personally, my top reads at a basic point of view are at this stage are as follows: -

(Between these two sections are town/neutral reads on other players)

Leaning Scum:
Anita B. - here's an exaggerated description of Anita's posts - filler filler shitty post with lack of reasoning filler filler. it's a bit much but I hope you all get the point at least, as Anita just hasn't been very contributive and very conducive towards helping town through the game. Shit posts like "Then why aren't you scum :^)" just isn't helping anyone, and generally her commentary isn't in agreement with what my point of view currently is. Think she's a pretty certain scum lean at the moment. Not going to lynch yet though, still need to think I feel

Penelope (I feel like I need to use third person here to avoid bias) cited the filler as well as asking Jacuzzi and Rodman to return but not Carl (when Anita’s most recent post at the time was made Carl had also been inactive). Asked about the reasoning for the suggestion of lynching on Horatio A.

There’s a post after this where Rhyanna says that she thinks Jacuzzi would be Anita’s partner if they were a scumteam, and we’ve discussed the reasoning behind this (there’s another quote further down that explains it).

Anita B. wrote:

You're right, I did all of this. My posts are decently filler and have less of a contributive purpose then I would've liked. The towniest thing I did was excessively ask The Rodman for an explanation and that's not pretty useful. Albeit, that's not a defence it's all I can give out, that's just how bad I've been.

Anyways, I'm just gonna give out a nice reads post, my internet runs out pretty quickly unfortunately.

I have a fair town read on Jacuzzi and Rhyanna, both have done a decent amount of scumhunting and useful topics.

Neutral on Rodman bc I want his reasoning first

Neutral on Horatio A. because even though he's done a few townie-ish things, his latest post seems more like he's echoing Jacuzzi, trying to jump on my scumread. Note: this goes the same for Penelope C.

Pretty large scumread on Penelope C. because of her just jumping on my bandwagon, as well as the topic of most of her postings seem more likely to be her trying to get town to forget about that one scummy thing she did, and she hasn't actually contributed much of her own opinion.

I'm pretty rushed, so I'll try to flesh this out and get my reads on the rest of the player list 11:00AMEST tomorrow.

Sorry about my inactivity today, it'll probably have to continue until I get back to school on Monday :/

Reads post in response to Jacuzzi’s post, which she quoted but I removed here for the sake of length.

Manning P. wrote:unlynch the rodman
sorry havent been able to invest as much time into this as i originally wanted to ill try to fix that.
im feeling an anita vote for filler rn but i lost count on votes. if aj could put up a vote count that would be great since i dont want to hammer out of nowhere without realising and i think theres like 4-5 on her already.
(^ that is what i was gonna post just before he posted the vote count lol)

Manning P. wrote:think im gonna wait for anitas defense and see whether or not ill still want to vote for her then. i have a town read on sanpei and to a lesser degree ian and carl.

This is mostly just here for completeness. At the time the first post was made Anita was at L-1, so lynching would have resulted in a hammer from nowhere.

Rhyanna F. wrote:
Professor Jacuzzi wrote:
Rhyanna F. wrote:if anita is mafia i think her partner is professor jacuzi
i will explain if it is relevant but i dont think its needed otherwise
Care to explain why? It's a little strange to just go ahead and post who you think the scumpartners are without giving any reasons.
the interactions between the two of you have seemed off, and when i read your latest post it felt like you were forcing the reasoning
its something with very iffy reasoning rn which is why im not pursuing it
i did want to bring it up in case other people were also seeing the same thing since i was unsure

Reasoning from Rhyanna for why Jacuzzi would be Anita’s partner. I asked about “what kind of weird interactions” more times than necessary as a result of my own failure to read the whole thread before posting. The ones I remember at the moment (I’ll probably go back to check) were Anita naming herself as partners with Jacuzzi and Jacuzzi keeping track of lynches, the latter of which we concluded is a playstyle thing and likely shouldn’t be factored into a read.

Ian S. wrote:Unlynch Sanpai S.

Lynch Professor Jacuzzi

Something I forgot to do in the post above. Atm, I would prefer a lynch on him over Anita. I do not feel both are scum together, but he is the more likely scum out of the two of them.

Ian’s dead, but this is here mostly for completeness, like Manning’s posts above.

[quote=“Penelope C.]Incoming reads post. The first two are based on my scumreading Anita, so obviously if she turns out to not be scum their relevance drops to zero

I have a slight townread on Professor Jacuzzi at the moment, in part because I scumread Anita B. and seriously doubt that scum would name their partner like that (if this is the case, it's some pretty heavy WIFOM). According to Rhyanna F. their interactions have seemed "off," so I wouldn't mind examples of this.

One thing I thought I'd never say is that I have a strong neutral read on someone, but that's how I'd describe my feelings towards Manning P.-not only because he's done very little but because I'm not sure if he genuinely plans on weighing Anita's defense or if he's postponing a lynch on a potential scumbuddy. (This is assuming that Anita is scum, and I currently read her as such for reasons I mentioned above.)

I have a townread on Sanpei S. right now because of the reasoning behind things like "Scum would try to defend themselves either way," which I had been interpreting as filler until Sanpei explained it. Albeit, Anita has since gone on to defend themselves. Well, it's actually just a posting of reads, but at least it's an effort at contributing. I also want to hear the defense Manning P. is waiting for, but I don't know if it's actually coming since Anita only said she would be posting more reads.

I've seen The Rodman online a couple of times since his last post, so what's with not posting anything? Just because people called someone out on calling you out, it doesn't grant you a free pass to watch from the sidelines and hope nobody notices.

I'd also like for Kylan R. to appear and contribute, but I don't know if he's actually been online or not.

Because I don't want to come online later to find that someone has quickhammered with BS reasoning (didn't realize my vote was putting Anita at L-1) and also because a part of me does want to see if Anita offers any valid defense, I'm going to unlynch Anita B. for now.[/quote]

The post in which I unlynched Anita.

Anita B. wrote:
Ok let's get real in here and flesh this all out.

I mean if I'm going to be honest here, my defence is this: As mafia, why would I make myself so obvious? I've already stated that I knew what I was doing was filler, and that I haven't had much of a townish presence. This is a semi-nightless setup, so as mafia my job is to make sure I be as townie as goddamn possible and to keep me and my partner(s) alive. So why the hell would I post so much, but do so little? I would rather do actual read posts and scumhunt super hard. From my perspective, my actions make no sense when you look at me as mafia.

Alright so reads post time:

Ian S. wrote:
Anita B. wrote:Pretty large scumread on Penelope C. because of her just jumping on my bandwagon, as well as the topic of most of her postings seem more likely to be her trying to get town to forget about that one scummy thing she did, and she hasn't actually contributed much of her own opinion.

What did she do that was overly scummy to you? Because to me, she seems pretty townie.

Here's the basis for my scumread on Penelope C.: Looking over her posts, the only post that I've seen contribute to actual scumhunting is the one where she posted exactly why she read me. Her Lynch on Professor Jacuzzi feels very bandwagon-y to me, and although she gave reasoning for it originally, it was super meh and simply looked like she was trying to turbo it. And while she later back-pedalled on that and called it "shaky" herself,  it doesn't feel like she's trying to pressure him, more like she's bandwagoning on other people's lynches.

Although this: "(TL;DR on the middle paragraph: "Third is always scum" is something that just gets on my nerves and my bringing that into this seems to have done more harm than good, but I can't exactly take it back now.)" seems townie, it actually kind of just redirects from the middle paragraph, where she defends tf out of Rodman

Finally, we get to her reads on post on why I'm scum, in which she unlynches bc she wants my defense yadayadayada. Again, it seem like the situation with Jacuzzi, where she comes back from watching town and jumps on a wagon, but hides it behind "reasoning" most of which was already stated.

I have a town read on Carl G, Rhyanna F., Professor Jacuzzi and Ian S.. Carl G I've had a town read on this entire game, and that's the exact reason I didn't ask him to "come back" like Jacuzzi and Horatio got triggered by. His first post gives him a townish presence, whilst his secondary post is just overall useful towards reads and their reasoning imo. Rhyanna F. has been constantly scumhunting, trying to incite discussion and overall helping town on their way. Jacuzzi whilst he's active has been useful, and created the first "good" post explaining why I'm scum. Ian S. has just been overall helpful this entire game after learning it existed, which is good.

I'm neutral on Sanpei S., because yes he's been jumping and helping discussion, he's very flippant with his lynches and Imo it seems like he doesn't care who dies. I could just be bad though

Rodman is neutral bc I got nothing on him. Manning is also neutral bc he comes back, but doesn't do too much with his comeback post, simply stating reads but not much reasoning for it. However, he doesn't hammer me, which as scum, would've been the easiest thing to do. (Following that logic, I feel like scum has to be someone inactive or already on my lynch)

Horatio A. is p scummy because it feels more like he's just spitting back out reasoning others have used and hasn't done anything much else otherwise. However, I may have missed something.

Re: Ian S.

I've stated why I feel both Horatio and Penelope are scummy, however what you're saying is true I guess. I still believe Jacuzzi is town, but it's more 60-40 instead of the stronger feeling I had yesterday.

If anyone else has any questions for me, just ask them and I'll try to get back to them by 5:00PM EST, if I miss it, I'm trash, sorry.

The post where Anita started defending herself. The reasoning quickly got called out as wifom by myself and Carl. She also gives some more reads, mostly adding people to the ones she already mentioned. This post was coupled with a very long quote, which I removed here for length purposes.

Anita B. wrote:I would also like to Unlynch The Rodman and Lynch Horatio A. to be explained a little bit later

(Forgot to do this last post and editing is banned rip)

Anita’s final post in the game, as she did not return for the end of day 1.

There are like 3-4 more posts I want to quote, but this is nearing 2,500 words. I’m going to do what I can to stay on for the next few hours, and after I post the last few quotes, I’m going to list the reads of mine that have changed, factoring in the Anita assault I’ve posted. And also my thoughts on the things I missed. Nice nicknames

Expecting some 10/10 formatting errors in this because I didn’t type it in the forum.
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:15 am

There it is-I tried manually adding quote tags around the post where I unlynched Anita and I failed.

Last few posts from day 1 relating to this.

Rhyanna F. wrote:if you are wondering why the post i felt was forced relates to that i felt like it was forced not as a reason to just get on the lynch but also to distance jacuzzi from anita

I didn’t notice this at all until I went back just now. It’s referring to Jacuzzi’s post in which he lynched Anita, I believe.

Manning P. wrote:the rodman, horatio, penelope and jacuzzi were all pretty quick to jump on anita.
in the rodmans case he posted nothing else apart from the random bandwagon on her, and that penelope and jacuzzi used the same post as the basis for their read on her.
while sanpei lynched her and then unlynched he provided original reasoning when he did lynch her which i value more over the lengthy posts the others made with partly reused arguments.
on the other hand having looked at her defense its basically just wifom plus another few reads... which is not to my liking and hence i want to keep the pressure.
i shall lynch anita and put her at l-1.

The post in which Manning put Anita at L-1.

That’s actually it, I think. If there’s something I missed, let me know-or just quote it. I’m just going to move on with the other things I was going to do. I used “find all posts by (user)” a lot here, and there are several posts I want to go back and check the context of, so parts of this list are not set in stone. (Now with what are certainly our last names)

Horatio Albatross- “I’ll try and be more active from now on.” Thanks…? I guess? I’m sorry if this sounds mean, it’s just that there are also two other inactive players and so far you haven’t followed through on this. This isn’t the first time you’ve said something like this either (“Sorry I haven’t been as active as I want to be”) I’d especially like to hear your opinion on the things about Anita and your reads on those who didn’t have a lynch on them when you came on.

Sanpei Sparrow-I’ve kind of gone all over the place with my reads on you (townread day 1 to scumread day 2). I probably overreacted in relation to the aggression reading back on it, but it was still a scummy moment in my opinion. I mentioned earlier that I saw you and Rhyanna as the town leaders. I’m probably close to neutral on you right now, as going back through day 1 reminded me of some of the primary reasons I was townreading you (ex. baiting Anita).

Penelope Crane-Apparently she’s a kindergarten teacher. She doesn’t look that old to me. At least she has a Sylveon, which is pretty cool.

Professor Jacuzzi(-bird?)-Rhyanna mentioned this, but the most recent thing you posted is also a form of wifom. The lack of plurshift onto you from Anita could be attributed to the fact that it was earlier in the day (emphasis on could), but it still stands out to me. There’s also still the flip from claiming you as a partner to townreading you near the end. She also never actually acknowledged you when you returned and resigned herself to only referring to you in her reads. As for the stuff with nothing to do with Anita, you made a post about Horatio and then…talked about a lynch on Ian? Then just died until now, when you showed up to respond to Sanpei saying that maybe Anita did name her scumbuddy. This was done with no explanation, and while I don’t want to believe that someone decided to gambit that much, it’s seeming more likely now.

The Rodman(...birdman? Maybe this was a bad idea, shh)-Sort of the same thing as Horatio, although not to such an extreme because you subbed in. You do seem to be making an effort when you do come on (I’m assuming that there was some kind of time limit going on because of the “rn” instead of “right now” please stop me I’m probably overanalyzing) and now just saying stuff like “Yeah, what you guys are doing seems good.”

Kylan Robin-Thanks for coming back! Oh…wait. To me you seem to be doing the bare minimum, only posting when prodded with the risk of being subbed out. I don’t know if that’s laziness, forgetting about the game, or trying to fly under the radar. I’m reading back through the posts you’ve made as I’m writing this, and I noticed that you mentioned that you were refuting Carl’s post because you didn’t have much to contribute. So I’ll ask here if you have anything to contribute now, as I’m sure there’s plenty to be said. (“Pre-emptive” edit: Anita didn’t ask for you to return either. This is just something I noticed that’s factoring into my read, I’m not expecting an answer as to why.) (Second “pre-emptive” edit: There’s something with your posting I also want to see again. I can’t do it, of course, if you’re not here.)

Rhyanna Finch-The other person I see as leading the town. A pretty solid town read for me, and I have very little to say here without repeating myself.

Carl Goose-Last time I posted a read on you, it was based mostly on how I interpreted day 1 and a couple of day 2 posts. There’s more to base a read on now, so you’ve moved up a couple of spots in relation to who I find to be town (why do I feel like some kind of pompous loser for phrasing it like that?). My gut reaction when you came on after my reads post was “Oh my god, look at this person who responded to being scumread with a tunnel,” but it was a gut reaction and upon going back to it I definitely see the reaction to my unlynch being valid (as I failed to specifically refer to Kylan/Rodman when doing so). There are still things regarding Anita that I’m wondering about (ex. her not asking for you to return). But there are also a lot of things from day 1 like requesting that Rhyanna fully read wallposts that seem townish (as town misinterpreting wallposts would likely work to the scum’s advantage). I don’t know, I feel like I’m going in circles or just rambling now. This read also seems disproportionately long.

Manning Penguin-RIP the lynch and leave, but at least it’s not completely random…I think. Hopefully you come back to go into more detail. I also take it that you have an opinion on Jacuzzi since you mentioned scumreading him after Ian. Reading through your posts, the Ian seems justified, if overfocused and obviously misplaced. But this is based on literally clicking your name and checking “all messages posted by Manning P.” so I’ll likely be going back to read over this.

My current list from town to scum is Rhyanna, Sanpei, Manning, Carl, Rodman, Kylan, Jacuzzi, Horatio. I’m not lynching Horatio at the moment because I want to go back and check the context of certain posts, and I’d also like to see if Kylan shows up and does the thing I mentioned wondering about. (Third “pre-emptive” edit: I looked through quickly out of curiosity and noticed someone else possibly doing this, but I’m worried right now that saying who will influence Kylan regarding it).

And okay, I don't have Sanpei's sense of humor.
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Horatio A. Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:59 am

Penelope C. wrote:
Horatio Albatross- “I’ll try and be more active from now on.” Thanks…? I guess? I’m sorry if this sounds mean, it’s just that there are also two other inactive players and so far you haven’t followed through on this. This isn’t the first time you’ve said something like this either (“Sorry I haven’t been as active as I want to be”) I’d especially like to hear your opinion on the things about Anita and your reads on those who didn’t have a lynch on them when you came on.

okay so firstly, your summary on pj/yours/mine wallposts are cool but I would just say most of her posts are wifom; like the post where she said she would explain her lynch on me later but she didn't return. Next, I didn't really have much time when I came on (hence I couldn't see if anyone ul'd, lynched someone else etc.) so I just made reads on the people that had a lynch on them when Aj did the votecount.
Horatio A.
Horatio A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Penelope C. wrote:Manning Penguin-RIP the lynch and leave, but at least it’s not completely random…I think. Hopefully you come back to go into more detail. I also take it that you have an opinion on Jacuzzi since you mentioned scumreading him after Ian. Reading through your posts, the Ian seems justified, if overfocused and obviously misplaced. But this is based on literally clicking your name and checking “all messages posted by Manning P.” so I’ll likely be going back to read over this.
can confirm being a penguin
i got time again so ill go over horatio, jacuzzi and kylan now and maybe but not certainly replace my lynch.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Penelope C. wrote:My current list from town to scum is Rhyanna, Sanpei, Manning, Carl, Rodman, Kylan, Jacuzzi, Horatio.
and by the way this seems like a solid basis to me and is almost suspiciously close to what my own reads are at the moment.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:23 pm

also damn i did not realise deadline was today. this game is going by pretty fast indeed.
anyways moving on. gonna start with horatio. im gonna look past his analysis on anita because i dont need to repeat my view on his echo of jacuzzis post when lynching anita.
Horatio A. wrote:Sorry, I haven’t been as active as I want to be but anyways… I guess I’ll just list my reads

Sanpai - Scumread: On Page 2 (not going to bother quoting that wall post) he said “Egotistical players are the best because they'll attempt crazy bullshit that nobody else will. And usually get scum caught in the flounder-y process that follows.” (refering to Penelope) but then lynched Penelope after? and he was also trolling around when Anita asked him “Then why aren’t you scum :^)” with “Because my PM from AJ didn't say I was”. This answer just seems kinda off to me because he was going along with the joke question instead of answering it probably/questioning why anita would ask that out of no where.
Sanpei S. wrote:Hell, what makes you think I'm scum in the first place?
^ that reaction to Ian thinking that you're scum is a little too much imo.
So I’m just going to Lynch Sanpai.

PJ: Neutral: he has done some town-ish things (e.g. such as make a wall post against Anita, suggesting that we should announce when we’re putting people at L-1 in the future and not wanting to waste discussion time) but then the Anita post saying she was partners with PJ is just pure WIFOM and I sorta just want to lynch him so we don’t have to bother with the huge WIFOM case...

Ian: Townread - I think he has a town-ish appearance and has good reasonings/basis's to lynch people/explain why he sr'd/tr'd someone etc.

I don't really have enough time to make a full reads post (but I just made a reads post on the people who currently had a lynch on them) but I'll try and post one later on.
dont like any of his reads here.
the first part of his read on sanpei is bad reasoning imo because it made actual sense when sanpei flipped from wanting to keep penelope alive to lynching her and the second is pretty terrible given that its almost a necessity to troll early game.
he then proceeds to read jacuzzi as neutral but sets up a lynch on him which could very easily be followed out of pure wifom. while i indeed dont mind lynching him i nevertheless perceive that as scummy selfpreservation.
while ian flipped town he went to almost no depth in his reasoning so id go as far as saying that he was white knighting him.
Horatio A. wrote:@Penelope and Sanpai I see what you mean about you can’t really lynch someone for joking around but (also Penelope, it isn’t the only reasoning/basis I scumread him) so what I meant for the joking around as one of the reasons I was lynching Sanpai is that going along with it seems sorta scummy, no? Could’ve questioned it/called Anita out for joking around and not contributing instead of just going along with it and reply in a trolly matter.

I'll try and be more active from now on.
doesnt explain the rest of his basis on the sanpei scum read, and repeats that he will try to be more active of which little of substance is to see.
thats about as far as i can go on horatio so ill move on to kylan.

kylan made a huge wallpost on jacuzzi intending to outline why hes scum but ended up townreading and not voting him, and made another one refuting what carl said, neither of which make me town or scum read him but he does seem to be putting in more effort than my other two lynch candidates for today at least. since he also didnt post much thats as far as i can go on him as well and ill go on to jacuzzi where i actually have something to work with.

jacuzzi made the first wall post on why anita is scum but was also the target of her mafia buddy claim with is obviously full of bad bad wifom. after said wallpost asks people to announce l-1 votes, then on d2 explains why he thinks horatio echoing him was scummy. however other than anita he never gave a lot of helpful reads or insight and other than a statement of "why would mafia be so obvious/bad" has lurked the entirety of d3.

my reads from town to scum:
rhyanna > sanpei > penelope > carl > rodman > kylan > jacuzzi > horatio

i see little reason to change my lynch at the moment and prefer horatio over jacuzzi atm. if town feels like jacuzzi is a better lynch then i dont mind given that i have been wrong once already.

if i missed any questions directed at me, or you have any new ones, then feel free to ask them before day ends.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:35 pm

can we have an extension
i really don't feel like posting much atm but i think jacuzzi/horatio/kylan are the viable ppl who could be scum, kylan really just because he's barely posted
horatio and jacuzzi have more connections to anita

fairly certain carl rodman manning and sanpei are town
i think penelope is town too

i havent read like the entirety of this day but i guess ill do it soon
in how much time is deadline
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:43 pm

5 hours and a bit until deadline i think.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:58 pm

So I just found out that I probably won’t be here before the deadline arrives. This will likely be my last post before that point.

@Rhyanna: Right now, the deadline’s in about 3 hours (Current EST time is 5:54 PM). I’d also like an extension @AJ, partly because I know for a fact that this post is likely about to be rushed and partly because I’m clinging to the hope that Kylan will appear and post, and I want to see if Jacuzzi and Horatio have any kind of defense aside from what’s been mentioned already. Jacuzzi’s defense is wifom and Horatio’s defense is that Anita used wifom (which in itself breeds more wifom but I risk going into an endless cycle if I continue this sentence).

Looking at the things between Jacuzzi’s posts about Ian and Horatio, there doesn’t seem to be anything that justifies completely dropping the case against Horatio in favor of one against Ian. However Horatio didn’t acknowledge Jacuzzi’s post against him in any way despite giving a read on Jacuzzi.

Lynching Horatio right now gives Jacuzzi a chance to plurshift, which I’m not a fan of. Lynching Jacuzzi makes it difficult to get votes off of him in case he shows up with a good defense, but I’m assuming that Rhyanna and Sanpei are going to be here whether he does or not. Lynch Professor Jacuzzi; if there's an extension I will remove this when I return.

I believe that puts Jacuzzi at L-2, by the way.
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:23 pm

alright thanks
even though im sus on jacuzzi idt the plurshifting argument for lynching him is good at all, considering it was like 5v2 and im also fairly certain anita wasnt here during dl (and if she was, she didnt attempt to defend herself at all)
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:40 pm

i also think we should extend.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl G. Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Sanpei 'gives our lots of nicknames' S. wrote:

I feel as if most of your activity was in the 2-3 days during Day 2 where I was away, and that post was done without any sort of looking through the posts. It wasn't a way to say that you didn't have any activity, it was more me saying that I personally couldn't recall off the top of my head anything significantly scummy or townie that you had said. My apologies if it came off the wrong way.

fairdos, just wasn't sure if you had done an analysis at all or something.

Snazzy Carl G. wrote:The Rodman - new sub is quiet too, i think rodman's account is cursed and is never gonna have activity sadly :/ post more if you're here, considering you did log on on tuesday and did not post a thing.

Kind of tempted to unlynch PJ and lynch Rodman, as inactives will just weigh us down as we approach mylo/lylo. Especially given that he's logged in and hasn't posted.

i don't really agree with this, policy the day before mafia has a bit of power is ridiculous, should be taking our chances and doing some proper analysis/lynching every moment we can. maybe if we feel its valid d4 or something, but im definitely not feeling that rn.

Fat Carl G. wrote:Penelope C. - i have no fucking clue how to view penelope right now. i certainly don't view her as a town lead right now like sanpei, but she's not definite scum or anything to me right now. things i mentioned before in my big wallpost are still bothering me (refer back, im not bothering to bring it into here when it's easily found and far too much for a reads list), however im still in the mind of her analysis and arguments so far have been pretty great for discussion, and she's definitely contributing in some way towards the town goal, bringing up new things. neutral at the moment, most likely gonna swing today depending on how stuff goes.

How do you not see Penelope as a town lead, but mention me as one in the same post? If anything, Penelope was more of a leader yesterday than I was...I agree with the actual read on her, and most of everything else you said, and that she's neutral but swingy (leaning town rn for me, but still swingy), I'm just not a fan of the way you started with backing it up.

i think i didnt really see her as a town lead yesterday due to my huge tunnel sesh on her. i totally have a skewed viewpoint on penelope as is, considering the rest of you have her pretty high on your reads lists. i

ajhockeyCarl G. wrote:Rhyanna F. - i don't have much to say about Rhyanna. i mean she's definitely got a pretty large amount of commentary about the game, but i generally don't like her posting style, however i get that she's still conveying information, sharing responses frequently and generally being good at provoking questions/discussion. lack of filler too which is surprising considering the post count lol. towny to me, doubt it's gonna shift unless something major happens.

What about her posting style do you dislike? And is it just a personal preference or is it bad enough to make you townread her less? (Just looking for clarification on thatm otherwise I agree with you)

i just hate short posts and like bitching about it. otherwise she's perfectly fine and im just a whiner for no reason.

right responses that i wanted to get done there, anyway im honestly unsure about my lynch. considering deadline is soon, im personally feeling like im gonna go with the consensus and lynch PJ. I feel as if my current read on him and the evidence against him are all pretty strong, and i feel as if it would be good to clear somethings up, as well as totally aid us in d4.

lynch prof jacuzzi
Carl G.
Carl G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:19 pm

nobody else lynch pj thats l-1
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:20 pm

carl what things would pj flipping town clear up for you
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next