PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 29: Guess Who?

+11
Anita B.
Penelope C.
Rhyanna F.
Kylan R.
Carl G.
Horatio A.
Professor Jacuzzi
ajhockeystar
Sanpei S.
The Rodman
Manning P.
15 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game 29: Guess Who? - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Sanpei S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:57 pm

It's 2 on Ian 2 on me 1 on horatio...before my lynch. Lynching Horatio would have left plur on me...
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:also what specifically makes you scumread horatio? his lynch reasoning on you seemed fine to me, not sure what you disliked about it.

He just seemed so ambivalent until that post, and since he'd never said much in my direction before it rubbed me in such a bad way (maybe just because it was on me? but idk I could be way off)
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl G. Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Right now, I'm personally comfortable with an Ian lynch right now. I view him as a bit more scummy right now versus Sanpei, and I think lynching Ian would definitely clear some stuff up for me. Also means I can look at Sanpei a bit further tomorrow. Currently planning on sticking with my lynch though, not really bothered about bandwagoning at the moment.
Carl G.
Carl G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Sanpei S. wrote:It's 2 on Ian 2 on me 1 on horatio...before my lynch. Lynching Horatio would have left plur on me...
wrong
manning, rodman, and I are all on Ian
ian is on horatio
horatio and penelope are on you

Sanpei S. wrote:
Rhyanna F. wrote:also what specifically makes you scumread horatio? his lynch reasoning on you seemed fine to me, not sure what you disliked about it.

He just seemed so ambivalent until that post, and since he'd never said much in my direction before it rubbed me in such a bad way (maybe just because it was on me? but idk I could be way off)
what do you mean by ambivalent? as in him not talking much about you?
he's made four posts, 3 of which were on day 1. They were a confirmation, a randlynch, a read + lynch on anita, and then a readlist on the people who have been lynched today + a lynch on you. He hasn't really said much about anyone, so i'm thinking that you're just unintentionally omgusing him here.

Carl G. wrote:Right now, I'm personally comfortable with an Ian lynch right now. I view him as a bit more scummy right now versus Sanpei, and I think lynching Ian would definitely clear some stuff up for me. Also means I can look at Sanpei a bit further tomorrow. Currently planning on sticking with my lynch though, not really bothered about bandwagoning at the moment.
do you feel that ian is scummier or less scummy than penelope? do you have any reasoning aside from what you posted before on penelope? what do you think about what both manning and myself have brought up wrt ian?
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:58 pm

There’s thirty minutes before the deadline and a lot I want to respond to at the time I’m starting this, so this may be rushed. Procrastination is bad and so on.

Starting with Horatio’s post, which the only one he’s made all (in-game) day. As Sanpei has brought up, you can’t exactly scumread someone for a “joke” response to a day 1 “joke" question, even if that question is coming from scum. This lynch, in my opinion, came out of nowhere with horrible reasoning.

@Carl: I was interpreting your post (the one in which you explained what the wifom meant in regards to your reads) as simply repeating something I had said and adding to it what you had already said about filler. I admit that I possibly missed the meaning you intended here, but I would like to hear what others saw/see it as. I didn’t go back on Anita and hammer her because Manning’s response still came at a time when there was ample time for discussion.

Welcome to the game, Rodman!

Ian’s scumread on Manning brings up what I think is a valid concern (not waiting for The Rodman’s sub to post before moving to Ian). I’m getting really close to the deadline here, so the other thing I want to mention quickly with this is that Manning and The Rodman both mentioned scureading you, so Manning suggesting that The Rodman lynch his scumread isn’t exactly scummy imo.

Way more I want to say, but I literally have three minutes to get my computer to let me post this. Not changing my lynch, though I do primarily want an answer from Horatio tomorrow.
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Penelope C. wrote:Ian’s scumread on Manning brings up what I think is a valid concern (not waiting for The Rodman’s sub to post before moving to Ian). I’m getting really close to the deadline here, so the other thing I want to mention quickly with this is that Manning and The Rodman both mentioned scureading you, so Manning suggesting that The Rodman lynch his scumread isn’t exactly scummy imo.
guess why i unlynched the rodman at the exact time i did.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:09 pm

as far as i could tell the kylan/rodman lynches were pressure while the ian lynch was a scumread? correct me if i'm wrong but thats how i saw it
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:11 pm

manning you said you had some other scumreads/paths to follow if the ian lynch has him flip town, could you let us know what those are? they may be relevant to the conversation and could bring in info that other people haent thought about
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:as far as i could tell the kylan/rodman lynches were pressure while the ian lynch was a scumread? correct me if i'm wrong but thats how i saw it
absolutely correct. plus i even mentioned in the post where i lynched ian why exactly i did it at that point so honestly i dont see why i should be called out for it.
Rhyanna F. wrote:manning you said you had some other scumreads/paths to follow if the ian lynch has him flip town, could you let us know what those are? they may be relevant to the conversation and could bring in info that other people haent thought about
these are lesser reads than ian but jacuzzi horatio and kylan would be the next candidates id search for scum. out of these slots horatio and kylan are the most likely to be scum imo but i dont feel like making a detailed post today and hence why i would prefer going into it after finding out whether we win today by lynching ian. one thing at a time.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:32 pm

no need for a detailed post, but could you just state a general case for those reads? I think I can understand the case on Horatio but the ones on Kylan and Jacuzzi aren't clear to me. They would be good to know right now in case our reads on Ian are wrong.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Votecount 2.4

Ian S.(4)- Manning P., The Rodman, Rhyanna F., Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.(2)- Penelope C., Horatio A.
Horatio A.(1)- Ian S.
Penelope C.(1)- Carl G.
Professor Jacuzzi(0)-
The Rodman(0)-
Kylan R.(0)
Rhyanna F.(0)-
Carl G.(0)-
Manning P.(0)-
Not Voting(2)- Kylan R., Professor Jacuzzi
There are 10 alive so it takes 6 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Sunday the 12th at 9pm EST.

Ian S. was lynched.

he was the...:

Night 2 Commence! Deadline is the 14th at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Now what, oh experts?

#Bah post.
Ian S.
Ian S.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Day 3 Commence!

Votecount 3.1

Sanpei S.(0)-
Horatio A.(0)-
Penelope C.(0)-
Professor Jacuzzi(0)-
The Rodman(0)-
Kylan R.(0)
Rhyanna F.(0)-
Carl G.(0)-
Manning P.(0)-
Not Voting(9)- Kylan R., Professor Jacuzzi, Manning P., The Rodman, Rhyanna F., Sanpei S., Penelope C., Horatio A., Carl G.
There are 9 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Saturday the 18th at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 pm

D a y t i m e boys.

I have to apologize for my antics at the end of yesterday. I really, really wanted to be more active, but mother was yelling at me to get off the phone while we were out at dinner.

I promise to be significantly more forthcoming with reads/etc. as we go into today, starting with a reads list, hopefully at some point tomorrow morning (for my time zone)
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 pm

The only thing that i've gained from the Ian flip is that it's unlikely that Anita was doing any extreme WIFOM in regards to distancing. Might see more when I look back.
I want to hear more from Kylan, and Horatio has moved up a couple slots on who I see as scummy.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Horatio A. Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:38 am

@Penelope and Sanpai I see what you mean about you can’t really lynch someone for joking around but (also Penelope, it isn’t the only reasoning/basis I scumread him) so what I meant for the joking around as one of the reasons I was lynching Sanpai is that going along with it seems sorta scummy, no? Could’ve questioned it/called Anita out for joking around and not contributing instead of just going along with it and reply in a trolly matter.

I'll try and be more active from now on.
Horatio A.
Horatio A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Horatio A. wrote:@Penelope and Sanpai I see what you mean about you can’t really lynch someone for joking around but (also Penelope, it isn’t the only reasoning/basis I scumread him) so what I meant for the joking around as one of the reasons I was lynching Sanpai is that going along with it seems sorta scummy, no? Could’ve questioned it/called Anita out for joking around and not contributing instead of just going along with it and reply in a trolly matter.

I'll try and be more active from now on.

Did you not notice that I was like the first person to susp her for it?
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Going along with it =/= being scummy, because honestly, how else do you answer the trolly question (assuming that's what you were talking about).

I apologize for not staying on Anita on Day 1, the sudden build up of lynches on her terrified me because I thought "woah if this many people susp her there may be scum in that mix"
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:09 pm

I’ve (mostly) learned my lesson about waiting until the last second now. I’m going to start by attempting to clarify my last post and also taking advantage of now being able to read the end of day 2 without hurrying to make that post. Looking at the time between my post and AJ’s, I think there may have been some DST confusion on my part and I will make sure to ask him about that.

@Horatio: I still don’t find the joking around scummy. It reads to me as merely lighthearted banter between players…which this game seems to lack, sadly. (Thank you for the humor if you're reading this, Ian.) Going back to your other post I do see that, yes, the joking is not the only basis for your scumread. However, the only other reason you mention is Sanpei mentioning wanting to keep me around, then lynching me in the same post. To me it seems strange that both of these things happened on day 1 and you waited until the last day of day 2 to mention it (while ignoring the sudden aggression at the beginning of day 2). I don’t intend to defend Sanpei, but I would like to know why you waited a day before mentioning it (you’ve had few posts, but you could have read back and mentioned it in your day 1 post).

On the subject of said aggression: what makes it stand out, I think, is the that it’s a very sudden shift in playstyle from day 1 and Sanpei never mentioned a scumread on Rhyanna prior (unless we count the “Rhyanna should fully read wallposts” comment). The reason I’m considering it a basis for a scumread is that the scum’s probably feeling really desperate right now, and jumping on something like that appears to be a desperate move. (Yes, I know Sanpei unlynched shortly after and said they didn’t see it, but there’s nothing to verify that.)

@Manning: It was about two hours before, looking at it. But “really close to the deadline” is subjective and nobody else even posted between the unlynch and the deadline, so I’m not going to try to fight someone on their definition of it.

@Rhyanna: I’m not 100% sure what you mean by “extreme” since the only things Anita really mentioned about him was a townread and answering a question he asked. Unless what you found “extreme” was that those were literally the only things, which…that’s probably it. I’ll shut up here now. Although please correct me if I’m wrong.

The above reminds me: as a general note, I feel like I’ve spent most of my time in the game explaining what I’m trying to convey in other posts. I’ll try to be clearer in relation to this as well.

When I get back I'm probably going to take another look at Anita's posts and if there's anything in them that supports Rhyanna's theory.
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:17 pm

sorry by extreme wifom i meant that anita probably wasn't wifoming wifom (if that makes any sense) and was either straight up with her reads or using basic distancing rather than anything complex
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:17 pm

meaning that we can look at her reads as "true" to look for any possible distancing (which makes horatio and you look a bit worse)
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 pm

what a letdown. i really feel like ian could have done better than just straight omgusing me there but i guess its what it is.
ftr im gonna be really busy today tomorrow and maybe even the day after but i hope ill be back with actual content. will probably revisit all of my reads again and see which of my reads i stated yesterday is most likely to be scum.
in response to penelope i do agree its subjective but idk if its site meta or my perception of time being bad but it feels like days go by really fast. either way i know im about to do very badly with getting my own posts out here in a timely manner so this is probably kinda hypocritical.
lynch horatio for now because on the off chance i cant come back to make a proper reads post again this is my top scumread.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl G. Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:30 pm

I don't have a huge amount of time to write up any large essays right now, but bit of a shame with the lack of anything from that. i wasn't expecting a flip tbh, but anyway. my thoughts are still pretty much the same currently. i think ill type up a reads post later since i meant to do that during day 2 and didn't. would encourage the same from everyone as today is pretty important considering its our last day before scum has a kill. its always lovely hearing other people's points of view and will definitely help us today, considering we have a few people who haven't shared masses of information yet.

@penelope: i doubt scum are feeling that desperate unless they're being really pressured or something. they're about to get a fair bit of control, and them trying their hardest to look towny is gonna make sure that they get it. not saying your reasoning isnt valid or anything, just trying to point out the facts at this stage. unless you're meaning earlier on and im just misreading your post completely in which case this whole paragraph is redundant.
Carl G.
Carl G.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Votecount 3.1

Horatio A.(1)- Manning P.
Sanpei S.(0)-
Penelope C.(0)-
Professor Jacuzzi(0)-
The Rodman(0)-
Kylan R.(0)
Rhyanna F.(0)-
Carl G.(0)-
Manning P.(0)-
Not Voting(8)- Kylan R., Professor Jacuzzi, The Rodman, Rhyanna F., Sanpei S., Penelope C., Horatio A., Carl G.
There are 9 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Saturday the 18th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Horatio A. would be lynched.

Last edited by ajhockeystar on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope C. Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:27 pm

@Rhyanna: Thanks for clearing it up! I’m going to go back through most of day 1 in general also, to see if there’s any distancing on the part of a possible scumbuddy. Also, and I hope this doesn’t ruin it, but I remember that you mentioned something like “Carl did this strange thing, but I want to see if he does it again before mentioning it.” Did you ever notice him doing it again?

@Manning: I agree with the days going by really fast. Um…that’s really it in response to this right now. Real life (read: the education system) has been taking extra measures to slap me in the face, so I’m struggling with being able to check the thread regularly also.

@Carl: I was generally referring to both day 2 and now, but yeah, you make a good point with scum being about to get some control. With the aggression, I was referring more specifically to the beginning of day 2.

I’m going to try to work on a compilation of Anita’s possibly non-wifomish posts. I’m trying to keep my own opinions out of it while still pointing out things, so it may take a bit of time. I may also extend to interactions with Anita from others. I’ll try to get it posted as soon as possible, but I’m not sure how long I can be online today.

And lastly for now, RIP the activity. We’re turning into Game 28
Penelope C.
Penelope C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next