PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 22: Hail Hydra!

+7
Brutella Q.
Jenaro K.
Yas W.
Kayleigh B.
The Reporter
The Hippie
ajhockeystar
11 posters

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

Game 22: Hail Hydra! - Page 31 Empty Re: Game 22: Hail Hydra!

Post by Mirror Ash Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:04 am

Or, yknow, I couldn't get online until 8:45EST and spent 45 minutes reading through and figuring out what the fuck to do and how to respond. I love that you're calling me out for missing a lynch so close to deadline, but not Jenaro, who tried to switch RIGHT AT DEADLINE.
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:51 am

Well I am sorry I havent posted all of yesterday and some of today, I am in Spain for a school trip so for the next 6 days my activity wont be as high so hopefully my partner can cover. Unfortunately everytime I am not posting, my partner gets me in a massive hole that I try to dig myself out of because of how unnecessarily aggressive he is.

Anyway I skimmed over everything and I've noticed that the Jenaro lynch escalated extremely quickly without solid evidence happening. I mean surely if 3 lynches are on him then he must have done something super scummy like what Yas did, but i dont see what he has done that deserves 3 lynches on him right off the bat. Like I still feel The Hippie is much scummier and saying that "you almost lynched me instead of scum" is totally irrelevant because, believe it or not, there are 3 scum in the game. Anyway I am gonna reply to whatever made up reason The Hippie came up with in the next post coz I havent read it yet.
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:25 am

The Hippie wrote:Sorry, I was p inactive yesterday. Life happened, which was super rude, huh?

So please could someone reiterate the case on Jenaro? I've just read through ~6 pages in one go because I fell behind quite significantly and there have been no reasons for his lynch stated on those pages that I have noticed. It's just weird for three of you to drag up a case from (irl) days ago all at the same time. Doesn't help that two scum, that being Ash and maybe Yas, are both on this wagon. So instead of being rude and snarky, Ash, try explaining your case so as to build up momentum if you actually think they're scum, thanks.

Lynch Mirror Ash because he's still scum for all of the reasons I've stated over the rest of the course of this game. Furthermore, his last minute attempt to tie the lynch is incredibly suspicious. Think about it for a bit: for Ash to have got confused, he would have had to have caught up on the thread over half an hour before he actually posted, because he didn't see Jenaro's posts about deadline. This means that he was waiting until closer to deadline before he posted his lynch vote. In other words, he tried to stealth it, and only mafia have any prerogative to stealth vote. Therefore, Ash is mafia.

Before I get into this, lynching Jenaro for trying to switch lynches is a stupid idea. I mean for a start it's a stupid move that mafia wouldnt make. Forum mafia is a game which lasts for many days rather than server mafia which lasts an hour if its a big game. Therefore mafia is forced to think macro and think about how they can sustain themselves in the long run. It would be much more beneficial for mafia to bus in the situation The Reporter was in because of how dire and close to deadline it was. That way they would get the best case scenario of distancing themselves as a scum partner. However if you try and switch the lynch then not only have you put immense suspicion on yourself, you havent let the person you saved off the hook. This is nightless so you cant "buy time" with this theme as mafia.

I dont get how stealth votes help scum out if you are switching away from the mafia partner. If anything, stealth votes should be onto a scum partner to make it look like they are distancing away from him when in actual fact he isnt making it worse for his partner. I think you got the idea of stealthing wrong. Also i dont understand how he stealthed when he posted that lynch a while after the deadline (i think, i'll double check). Anyway, I would like you to tell me what I have done that is scummy because as far as I know, everything is cleared up.

I still think The Hippie is the most scummy from what I have explained day 2 but I know for a fact that I am gonna unlynch jenaro because i simply dont agree with it.

UL Jenaro
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hippie Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:48 am

Stealthing doesn't help scum out exclusively, because you're correct in that stealths can indicate clear scum. But the numbers were pretty conclusive (if I were lynched yesterday, it'd be 5v3 today, right? AKA MYLO) so it was a risk that could have worked out well.

He stealthed badly, but he had the intention of stealthing, and that's what matters. He admitted later on that he was trying to stealth, just phrased in a way that he seemed to not understand the implications of doing so, which is either dumbtelling or just a slip of ignorance allowing us to find mafia.
The Hippie
The Hippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutella Q. Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:24 pm

okay to justify the activity on this account, my other half did mention shutting up if she was wrong (I know, bad reason, I agree they should talk). As for myself, IRL hits like a truck sometimes. And trucks hit hard.

As for everything that happened, I seriously haven't slept in 4 days and I don't have the time or the energy to read up on everything that's been going on. I do know that I was right about The Reporter though, and that's awesome.

I will look into all of this more later, but as you all probably pointed out Jenaro was acting odd. The late lynch of which he hoped it was before deadline is weird, because he knew the reporter was dead anyways. There are 2 reasons for him to have wanted to lynch at that point: to make himself seem less scummy if the reporter is scum or to get points. (people have probably already pointed out everything I say btw)

I don't think the people who lynched The Hippie are any scummier now for being on the same lynch as The Reporter seeing as The Hippie has actually been rather scummy.

As for Yas I think this makes him a lot less scummy as The Reporter was really pushing for a lynch on him, and I don't think it was just a bus, though I might have to look into that a bit more later.
Brutella Q.
Brutella Q.

Location : Soon to be 78/f/USA. Just an old woman trying to be young and find love again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenaro K. Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Mirror Ash wrote:Or, yknow, I couldn't get online until 8:45EST and spent 45 minutes reading through and figuring out what the fuck to do and how to respond. I love that you're calling me out for missing a lynch so close to deadline, but not Jenaro, who tried to switch RIGHT AT DEADLINE.

I feel you got this wrong. I tried to lynch TR for being scummy right at deadlineafter she never posted any new information. You're the one who tried to switch right before the time you though DL was going to be.
Jenaro K.
Jenaro K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Jenaro K. wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:Or, yknow, I couldn't get online until 8:45EST and spent 45 minutes reading through and figuring out what the fuck to do and how to respond. I love that you're calling me out for missing a lynch so close to deadline, but not Jenaro, who tried to switch RIGHT AT DEADLINE.

I feel you got this wrong. I tried to lynch TR for being scummy right at deadlineafter she never posted any new information. You're the one who tried to switch right before the time you though DL was going to be.

A full 33 minutes versus, yknow, 13 seconds...yes absolutely.
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:23 pm

Mirror Ash wrote:
Jenaro K. wrote:

Not only that but I said EXACTLY WHY I DID IT. Nico made a good point, and i thought it was enough reason to switch my vote. You're the one that just tried to change yknow, the second before deadline.
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenaro K. Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Mirror Ash wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:
Jenaro K. wrote:

Not only that but I said EXACTLY WHY I DID IT. Nico made a good point, and i thought it was enough reason to switch my vote. You're the one that just tried to change yknow, the second before deadline.

You do know I didn't change my vote, right? I went from not lynching anyone to lynching TR, who already had plur.
Jenaro K.
Jenaro K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Jenaro K. wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:
Jenaro K. wrote:

You do know I didn't change my vote, right? I went from not lynching anyone to lynching TR, who already had plur.

You just lynched him, no reasoning involved, and then said "Yes! Right at deadline! that better count ;;" To me that SCREAMS scum...you're hopping on TR's wagon to try and be like "oh yeah im not mafia i helped you lynch the reporter" etc etc
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenaro K. Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:07 pm

Mirror Ash wrote:
Jenaro K. wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:
Jenaro K. wrote:

You just lynched him, no reasoning involved, and then said "Yes! Right at deadline! that better count ;;" To me that SCREAMS scum...you're hopping on TR's wagon to try and be like "oh yeah im not mafia i helped you lynch the reporter" etc etc

Did you read the posts I had? I explained in one the TR and Yas were scummy to me, but TR was less so in my reads list. After Yas posted his reads, I made another post explaining why I felt TR was scummy and why she had become less scummy to me. After that, as she randlynched 2 other users, I basically told her I would lynch her and to post any readslists she may have to help town (on the off chance she was town). At deadline (I was a little late) I tried to lynch her. It wasn't as immediate as you try to make it out to be.
Jenaro K.
Jenaro K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:09 pm

Jenaro K. wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:
Jenaro K. wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:
Jenaro K. wrote:

Did you read the posts I had? I explained in one the TR and Yas were scummy to me, but TR was less so in my reads list. After Yas posted his reads, I made another post explaining why I felt TR was scummy and why she had become less scummy to me. After that, as she randlynched 2 other users, I basically told her I would lynch her and to post any readslists she may have to help town (on the off chance she was town). At deadline (I was a little late) I tried to lynch her. It wasn't as immediate as you try to make it out to be.

Really? Cuz going back to the post, it was at 9:00 exactly. And then you posted right after saying "yes right at deadline"
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:44 am

The Hippie wrote:Stealthing doesn't help scum out exclusively, because you're correct in that stealths can indicate clear scum. But the numbers were pretty conclusive (if I were lynched yesterday, it'd be 5v3 today, right? AKA MYLO) so it was a risk that could have worked out well.

He stealthed badly, but he had the intention of stealthing, and that's what matters. He admitted later on that he was trying to stealth, just phrased in a way that he seemed to not understand the implications of doing so, which is either dumbtelling or just a slip of ignorance allowing us to find mafia.

5v3 is not mylo because mafia cant kill lol, it can still go to 4v3 and town can still win. And in my eyes it wouldnt have made a difference who got lynched coz you are both scum in my opinion. You are sorta making us assume you're town. But either way, it wouldnt have been a very good risk. To allow me to explain this, I would like you to enter a hypothetical situation where you are town and I am scum with TR. If I had succeeded in getting you lynched then I would probably be lynched the next day due to what I did. This means it's 5v2 and town has 2 chances to mislynch. Now as we have demonstrated in reality, we decisively managed to lynch TR with good evidence. So no doubt about it town will win in this situation, or at least make it very unlikely for mafia to win.
So in conclusion mafia, who have a QT and are able to discuss everyrhing (aka have 6 brains), wouldnt ever do something as stupid and careless as that.

Also I dont think he said he did stealth at all, he did say that he was convinced by Nico's post about The Hippie being scummier and decided to switch lynches.

Oh btw, there isnt mylo in this theme coz when it does get 4v3 it is LYLO coz NL results in someone randomly killed. Just for your information.
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:15 am

@other mirror ash

I am not gonna quote coz there is a massive quote chain but I take issue with a few things. Firstly what you are describing is that Jenaro was stealthing because he timed his lynch right after deadline (which is also why you are being lynched too). But this doesnt "scream" scum at all because it isnt a solid scumtell. Stealthing imo is just a bad idea anyway because it really doesnt help scum even tho in theory it does. Also it isnt solid coz there is no clear evidence that he was actually stealthing and you have to back it up with other evidence which atm isnt happening.

However there are a few things that I do agree with. Jenaro how come this has happened twice to you now? Once is alright but twice means that something's up and in brings more evidence that you actually have been stealthing. Also it was quite immediate too. So really, if there was more evidence against you, a lynch on you would actually be reasonable.

One more thing, Yas has sorta done nothing after he posted that readlist except lynch Jenaro with minimal reasoning. He didn't even answer the questions i asked him and he didnt do anything of the stuff he said he would do later. This actually looks like he was bluffing just to save himself. Yas, we know you sre capable of being active and it is now the weekend.....absolutely no excuse.
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Yas W. Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:56 am

Mirror Ash wrote:Well I am sorry I havent posted all of yesterday and some of today, I am in Spain for a school trip so for the next 6 days my activity wont be as high so hopefully my partner can cover. Unfortunately everytime I am not posting, my partner gets me in a massive hole that I try to dig myself out of because of how unnecessarily aggressive he is.

Anyway I skimmed over everything and I've noticed that the Jenaro lynch escalated extremely quickly without solid evidence happening. I mean surely if 3 lynches are on him then he must have done something super scummy like what Yas did, but i dont see what he has done that deserves 3 lynches on him right off the bat. Like I still feel The Hippie is much scummier and saying that "you almost lynched me instead of scum" is totally irrelevant because, believe it or not, there are 3 scum in the game. Anyway I am gonna reply to whatever made up reason The Hippie came up with in the next post coz I havent read it yet.

To quote the Hippie here, "It's called pressuring" and "You can never have too much pressure". Although I sorta disagree with the latter statement, I think it is useful in a situation where we only need to lynch one mafia because a) they will either have to defend hard - which their partner might come to help or b) do something to convince us that they are not worthy of the lynch. Both ways give town valuable information, especially if we pressure someone that is scummy to many of the town. Also, I know I was scummy, but I wasn't super scummy, I mean, most of the accusations yesterday was about my activity, which I doubt can make anyone "super scummy".

Mirror Ash wrote:@other mirror ash

I am not gonna quote coz there is a massive quote chain but I take issue with a few things. Firstly what you are describing is that Jenaro was stealthing because he timed his lynch right after deadline  (which is also why you are being lynched too). But this doesnt "scream" scum at all because  it isnt a solid scumtell. Stealthing imo is just a bad idea anyway because it really doesnt help scum even tho in theory it does. Also it isnt solid coz there is no clear evidence that he was actually stealthing and you have to back it up with other evidence which atm isnt happening.

However there are a few things that I do agree with. Jenaro how come this has happened twice to you now? Once is alright but twice means that something's up and in brings more evidence that you actually have been stealthing. Also it was quite immediate too. So really, if there was more evidence against you, a lynch on you would actually be reasonable.

One more thing, Yas has sorta done nothing after he posted that readlist except lynch Jenaro with minimal reasoning. He didn't even answer the questions i asked him and he didnt do anything of the stuff he said he would do later. This actually looks like he was bluffing just to save himself. Yas, we know you sre capable of being active and it is now the weekend.....absolutely no excuse.

1) Any reasons you specifically mentioned me when activity of many other in the game have been falling too? 2) Where are your questions? I must have missed it or something. 3) I will definitely do a scum team analysis by the end of today. 4) What exactly did I "bluff"? 5) To clarify for anyone, I didn't lynch Jenaro simply because he lynch The Reporter right at deadline. Refer to my read list why I think he is scummy. He has since then explained himself tho, so I might reconsider my lynches after my scum team analysis.
Yas W.
Yas W.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hippie Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:46 am

where Kayleigh B and nico at???
The Hippie
The Hippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:44 am

Yas W. wrote:
Mirror Ash wrote:Well I am sorry I havent posted all of yesterday and some of today, I am in Spain for a school trip so for the next 6 days my activity wont be as high so hopefully my partner can cover. Unfortunately everytime I am not posting, my partner gets me in a massive hole that I try to dig myself out of because of how unnecessarily aggressive he is.

To quote the Hippie here, "It's called pressuring" and "You can never have too much pressure". Although I sorta disagree with the latter statement, I think it is useful in a situation where we only need to lynch one mafia because a) they will either have to defend hard - which their partner might come to help or b) do something to convince us that they are not worthy of the lynch. Both ways give town valuable information, especially if we pressure someone that is scummy to many of the town. Also, I know I was scummy, but I wasn't super scummy, I mean, most of the accusations yesterday was about my activity, which I doubt can make anyone "super scummy".

Mirror Ash wrote:@other mirror ash

I am not gonna quote coz there is a massive quote chain but I take issue with a few things. Firstly what you are describing is that Jenaro was stealthing because he timed his lynch right after deadline  (which is also why you are being lynched too). But this doesnt "scream" scum at all because  it isnt a solid scumtell. Stealthing imo is just a bad idea anyway because it really doesnt help scum even tho in theory it does. Also it isnt solid coz there is no clear evidence that he was actually stealthing and you have to back it up with other evidence which atm isnt happening.

1) Any reasons you specifically mentioned me when activity of many other in the game have been falling too? 2) Where are your questions? I must have missed it or something. 3) I will definitely do a scum team analysis by the end of today. 4) What exactly did I "bluff"? 5) To clarify for anyone, I didn't lynch Jenaro simply because he lynch The Reporter right at deadline. Refer to my read list why I think he is scummy. He has since then explained himself tho, so I might reconsider my lynches after my scum team analysis.

About the pressuring thing, it's currently achieving nothing. I mean just look at his posts, he is basically repeating himself. There is no new info coming out. The main reason he is getting lynched is because of the lynch on deadline and he has explained fully why he has done that. It's not super scummy either. It would only be super scummy if there was other evidence of him being scum as i have said before. If any more pressure is needed then there should be another way.

I guess you are just more into my head since when you are active, you post like a million posts a second. I am not saying that you should keep it at that but to drop it off is a little strange imo especially since you did say you were gonna do other stuff later. But honestly dude, the moment i call you scum, you post xD i should just always call you scum. About the bluff thing, I was saying that you said you were gonna do the scum team analysis yet you havent done it quite a while after you said it. Therefore it looks like you were trying to overwhelm us into thinking that you are committing all your time for town and then try and get away with it. But if you are gonna do it today, then ignore this.

I'll quote the questions next post

Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirror Ash Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Mirror Ash wrote:I dont know about you guys but I actually think this is the best readlist so far because of how thorough it is. I mean it's not like I agree with everything but I can actually understand his points of view through his explanations. THe only thing i would critisize is his grammar because there were a few cringe moments but anyway a few questions.

Why does Lacy mentioning Zane's strat make her townie? It can easily be argued the other way. 
How come Nico is scummy for not using his lynch? Surely not using his lynch would mean he's not hastily lynching someone until he has good info? And is that the only reason why you suspected Nico?
Why would a vote count analysis be useful?

The thing about Jenaro is his mysterious activity because it just doesnt add up. In pre-game he was posting like mad but now he isn't. I mean you can easily argue that this is harder and requires more thought than shitposting but his capability to produce decent readlists and content proves otherwise. I mean I guess he actually tries to be useful when he posts but eh...i am not really sure on Jenaro tbh.

About The Hippie, you can also say that Yas flipping town and keeping a lynch on me would only mean that he knew by hindsight that Yas is gonna be town. I mean think about it, if he did that to make him seem more town then people can deduce that he would have had to know that Yas is gonna flip town in order for that plan to work. Therefore, to eliminate that option of people suspecting him, he changed his vote. HOWEVER, using my logic, it just means that if he did or did not change his vote, it can be regarded as scummy. So it's a matter of working out which seems more reasonable and I think that The Hippie wouldnt go through all that depth just to not be suspected if we are talking about how keeping his lynch on me is scummy so moving on Yas seems more town. Plus he made it clear that I am scum so he has a solid reason to defend himself if someone brought that up to him. 

TLDR for that paragraph coz it's quite long: although I still think The Hippie is kinda scummy for lynching Yas (as explained in my previous posts), it's not as strong as it used to be.

I think scum partners would be a better discussed topic when mafia is down to 2 members because it's much easier to pinpoint scum because they are almost forced to buddy with each other.

Read the bold, again sorry for delay, wifi in spain doesnt even work in hotels xD
Mirror Ash
Mirror Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hippie Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Can confirm that WiFi in Spain doesn't work in hotels. :p When I travelled there with school everyone had to keep going down to the lobby to check social media, since it only had a decent reception there :L
The Hippie
The Hippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacy H. Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:47 pm

gg. People have been lurking for the past few days. We need a lynch, Jenaro K. isn't the worst idea, although I'd rather a Mirror Ash lynch due to the deadline thing trying to hammer Hippie instead of Reporter.

Lynch Mirror Ash

he's more scummy than Jenaro, at least, in my eyes.
Lacy H.
Lacy H.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Votecount 3.2

Jenaro K.(2)- Yas W., Kayleigh B.
Mirror Ash(2)- The Hippie, Lacy H.
The Hippie(0)-
Yas W.(0)-
Lacy H.(0)-
Brutella Q.(0)-
Kayleigh B.(0)-
Nico P.(0)-
Not Voting(4)- Brutella Q., Jenaro K., Nico P., Mirror Ash
There are 8 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 15th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Jenaro K. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hippie Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:24 pm

seriously stop being dead game Sad

The Hippie
The Hippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacy H. Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:58 pm

OMG I thought this game was going to be all alive... and now it's just dead again! Why does this have to happen? Me, the hippie, and mirror ash have been the only posts for like the last 3 days.
Lacy H.
Lacy H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacy H. Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:15 am

Seriously... There's 16 people playinng rn that are alive. Wake up and smell the coffee guys. There hasnt been much discussion on Jenaro or on Mirror Ash. Just a quick sentence and a lynch. How come no one is talking at all? Plus we have two inactives: Kayleigh whos consistently inactive and posts once or twice a day and Nico who usually posts a lot. I want everyone to post an updated reads list.

Especially Jenaro and Mirror Ash. I mean this is kinda coming down to a lynch between the two of you.
Lacy H.
Lacy H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacy H. Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:19 am

NO one else lynch anyone rn though. Keep plurality on Jenaro until we are sure we want him lynched over Mirror Ash.

Also I would suggest for tomorrow looking into Nico. It feels kinda weird that his activity suddenly dropped after The Reporter was lynched. Also speak up peoples
Lacy H.
Lacy H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next