PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 6: Black Flag Nightless

+9
Hajime U.
Mason A.
Bailey E.
Satchel N.
Areal I.
Huromi M.
Duplica W.
Jeanette C.
ajhockeystar
13 posters

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

Game 6: Black Flag Nightless - Page 4 Empty Re: Game 6: Black Flag Nightless

Post by Satchel N. Sat May 03, 2014 10:16 am

Hajime U. wrote:well i might as well try to vote to spur some more discussion alien lol! queen jocolor geek king farao albino cherry Sleep sunny farao wait thats been done Sad  Sad, i'm not good at discussion, so i shall flee *Hajime U. Flees*
You know, I really want to policy lynch you for this. but this is too scummy to be scum, I'm reading you as town
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Sat May 03, 2014 10:18 am

Duplica W. wrote:Yeah, sorry.

Unvote: Areal I.

There was nothing much in that lynch, its just to get some conversation started. (Although, there is still not much people talking >.<)

@Areal I.
Yeah, I had a long day and I don't think where I stay is the best place for activity, but at least forum mafia allows me to play =P

@Everyone
This setup is basically 7 Town + 1 Mafia Goon + 1 Mafia Doublevoter (7vs3). I'm sure, we can actually afford a mislynch as Day 1 goes by. Currently, I think the only lynch would be Bailey.

Lynch Bailey

Assuming someone is mafia, if their team doesn't want one of their mafia to be lynched, they will have to vote 1 more than the vote on their friend count on someone else. Of course, after reading my post the mafia might just let Bailey (if he is mafia) die, but that would be a disadvantage. Also Bailey, when you come online, what do you think of the lynches?
I sense defensiveness, but this is town
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sat May 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Satchel, is there anybody that leans scum to you? In particular, you mentioned all the major voices except Areal, who I'm most interested to see your read for. What is your thought about Areal immediately defending you?

Duplica's defensiveness actually strikes me as weird because at that point Areal was not even threatening or trying to clean herself - so there was no need to switch Duplica's vote away from Areal. Duplica, why is Bailey so attractive to you?
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jeanette_Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Sat May 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Jeanette C. wrote:Satchel, is there anybody that leans scum to you? In particular, you mentioned all the major voices except Areal, who I'm most interested to see your read for. What is your thought about Areal immediately defending you?

Duplica's defensiveness actually strikes me as weird because at that point Areal was not even threatening or trying to clean herself - so there was no need to switch Duplica's vote away from Areal. Duplica, why is Bailey so attractive to you?
No.

I don't know, defending others is a perfectly normal thing to do.
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Sat May 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Satchel... you've essentially cleared everyone that has talked thus far as town. I mean, most of the people who have talked seem to be pro-town players, but I personally think that Duplica's bandwagon/vote-change to Bailey was somewhat strange.
Anyways, what do you think about that?
Also, anyone else or even Duplica herself, what do you guys think about it/why did you bandwagon on the vote?
Mason A.
Mason A.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ranger_Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Sat May 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Mason A. wrote:Satchel... you've essentially cleared everyone that has talked thus far as town. I mean, most of the people who have talked seem to be pro-town players, but I personally think that Duplica's bandwagon/vote-change to Bailey was somewhat strange.
Anyways, what do you think about that?
Also, anyone else or even Duplica herself, what do you guys think about it/why did you bandwagon on the vote?
I havnt clearered areal, and there are 3 lurkers in the bag
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satchel N. Sat May 03, 2014 7:25 pm

I liked duplica's reasoning for her vote, it seemed pro-town
Satchel N.
Satchel N.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sat May 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Votecount 1.2

Bailey E.(2): Jeanette C., Duplica W.
Duplica W.(0):
Hajime U.(0):
Satchel N.(0):
Huromi M.(0):
Chaz R.(0):
Yuriko P.(0):
Mason A.(0):
Jeanette C.(0):
Areal I.(0):
Not Voting(Cool: Hajime U., Satchel N., Huromi M., Areal I., Chaz R., Yuriko P., Mason A., Bailey E.
There are 10 people so it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Monday the 5th at 9pm EST.

Plurality applies. If the deadline was now, Bailey E. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Satchel N. wrote:I liked duplica's reasoning for her vote, it seemed pro-town

I... actually did not understand her reasoning. only because i'm stupid

Would you, or someone else be willing to explain it to me?

Also regarding how you haven't cleared Areal, that's why I said essentially everyone and not everyone.
Mason A.
Mason A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duplica W. Sun May 04, 2014 1:45 am

Basically, what I was assuming is that Bailey was mafia and that I'm giving mafia a dilemma on whether to let their buddy get lynched or prevent it.

Anyway, so far it doesn't seem any real thing is happening.

Unvote: Bailey
Duplica W.
Duplica W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sun May 04, 2014 1:45 am

Considering that deadline is in less than two days, I want to ask Mason who his scum reads are? I know you are wary of Duplica - do you think this is a scum move in particular? Right now we have a plurality vote on Bailey and she probably won't come online to defend herself (sadly), and so I want to consider other lynches as well.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sun May 04, 2014 1:49 am

Well Duplica, I feel like having no vote on anybody will get us nowhere either. Yes we get a few more days to discuss, but without any town or scum flips we will have no information whatsoever, and thus we will back to where we started right now - which is mini discussion over small things. That's my reasoning for maintaining my vote.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sun May 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Well, seeing as though I joined this game midway, I don't really understand the scenario very well, which is also why I am lurking. But from what I understand, when Jeanette lynched Bailey no one really cared, but when Duplica lynched Bailey you all start bundling on him/her? Like I understand it was a "bandwagon" but he/she was AGREEING with Jeanette meaning why wouldn't she bandwagon?
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sun May 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Jeanette C. wrote:
This was what happened at the very beginning of the game. Satchel immediately gives a townread after literally one sentence. While what Mason stated is important, it is common procedure in all Mafia games, forum especially, to avoid quick lynches and thus actually discuss, taking advantage of the extended time that we have as compared to real-time Mafia. Therefore, I didn't see anything townworthy from Mason's initial statement alone. Remember that at the very beginning of the game, the ONLY players that definitely know who is town and who is scum is the scum itself, so Satchel's townread could possibly stem from his bias of already knowing that Mason is town, and Satchel could have been trying to gain towncred with his "early and correct" read.

Areal later offered a possible explanation for Satchel's read, which sounded like a buddying defense to me at first, though Mason and Areal later clarified that the stance was intended to be neutral. However, I still think that Areal speaking on behalf of Satchel when I was talking directly to Satchel seemed fishy.

That's my interpretation of the events, but I suggest you all read the discussion on the previous pages and formulate your own opinions. (Then preferably share with us!)

Hey Chaz, I gave a summary of everything that happened in the early game UP TO Duplica's vote on Bailey in this post a few days ago. So there shouldn't be any excuse of joining the game midway since everything is packaged in this nice bundle here! And of course, if you have any questions, several of us can clarify events that happened earlier on, so please ask if you need.

I personally don't think Duplica seemed scummy for the vote on Bailey itself. However, like I said earlier Duplica made it sound like Bailey was for sure getting lynched, and /that/ to me was more suspicious (despite Duplica defending afterwards). Satchel, while he is giving out reads, still leans scum to me because his reads have none of his own explanations, so his reads don't convince me that he is analyzing the game with as much detail as town should. Areal looks slightly better to me. Mason I see as town for wanting answers to unclear posts, and explaining himself adequately a few pages back when I questioned him.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Sun May 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Jeanette C. wrote:Considering that deadline is in less than two days, I want to ask Mason who his scum reads are? I know you are wary of Duplica - do you think this is a scum move in particular? Right now we have a plurality vote on Bailey and she probably won't come online to defend herself (sadly), and so I want to consider other lynches as well.

I was leaning towards Duplica being scum basically because I didn't understand her reasoning for voting Bailey. Now that she explained the reasoning for it, I don't really see it as a scum move anymore (it was moreso an activity as well as a vote based on a hypothesis rather than a bandwagon, based on her explanation), so i'm still lost as to who could be mafia. I'm not too great at reading people in the game, although I can get a generally good idea when someone seems to be town. I'd really like for some of the lurkers/nonposters to come on and talk, because that would really help discussion in my opinion.
Mason A.
Mason A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Sun May 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Chaz R. wrote:Well, seeing as though I joined this game midway, I don't really understand the scenario very well, which is also why I am lurking. But from what I understand, when Jeanette lynched Bailey no one really cared, but when Duplica lynched Bailey you all start bundling on him/her? Like I understand it was a "bandwagon" but he/she was AGREEING with Jeanette meaning why wouldn't she bandwagon?

I believe the reasoning for this was that Jeanette's vote was an activity one, while Duplica had provided reasoning that confused some of us, which is why we were looking at it as bandwagoning. She did clarify now though, and I don't see her as scum anymore.
Mason A.
Mason A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sun May 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Do you have a town read list instead, then? Anything that keeps us organized would be helpful!
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sun May 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Well there is something I want to say, but I cannot say it now coz its not really the time for it
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sun May 04, 2014 1:29 pm

When would the time to say it be then? As far as I know there is no harm in speaking what's on your mind - you can't be nightkilled for successfully deducing scum, and holding back just makes us feel skeptical of you.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mason A. Sun May 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Jeanette C. wrote:Do you have a town read list instead, then? Anything that keeps us organized would be helpful!
I'm leaning towards you being town for contributing and asking questions of people when things were unclear and also slightly towards Satchel being town for explaining his thoughts and saying what he thinks about the game.

At this point, I honestly feel like if we have to lynch, we should lynch someone who is inactive, since that wouldn't really help or hurt us (since they aren't contributing to discussion anyways).
Mason A.
Mason A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sun May 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Jeanette there is something I plan to do, and if I say what is on my mind, the whole thing will fail
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Areal I. Sun May 04, 2014 7:11 pm

I have to say, it is very possible that Jeanette and Mason are a Mafia dream team, considering their complete control over the conversation and the fact that no one even remotely suspects them.

Duplica seems to be trying to stir conversation, although the only way to make conversation better would be to bring in more people, not make people talk more. She still leans a little scummy to me, but far less than before.

Satchel (now that he has come on) seems to me to be leaning town, although he is by far not cleared yet.

Chaz is being too vague to tell. Chaz, do you have any reads on people? They could help clear you if you are town, and could help us out in finding the mafia.

If the last few people (notably Bailey) would come on, it would be a huge help. Knowing that the mafia could be beyond the reach of the conversation takes away from the scumhunt.
Areal I.
Areal I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sun May 04, 2014 7:35 pm

I am flattered that you would call Mason and I a dream team, but sadly, it is just that - a dream. I think that throughout these pages, Mason has been questioning (in a good way) and very observant. I have tended to agree with most of what Mason says - one thing that I didn't really agree with was reasoning for suspicion on Duplica. I know that several players here thought that Duplica was scum for that vote itself, including Mason. But I don't think that the vote was the problem, just Duplica's response to explaining her vote. In the end, Mason has been a solid contributor so far. I do wish that Mason would be more proactive in utilizing his vote, because he seems reluctant to give out scumreads despite his involvement in discussion. Whether this is due to being bad of scumreading like he says, or possibly being scum and avoiding a slip-up, I'm not sure.

Areal (and Mason actually), could you explain why you guys see Satchel as town? Just because he has responded and given out his reads? If anything, every player should have reads, scum or not. I still see him leaning scum for his lack of explanation in every single one of his reads/posts - it is as if he is just posting the reads to answer our questions without trying to convince us at all.
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanette C. Sun May 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Also, not to like sidetrack the conversation, but according to Bulbapedia, Pokemon Ranger Mason is a woman. Sorry girlfriend. ; )
Jeanette C.
Jeanette C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz R. Sun May 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Sorry for being vague, but all will come clear at a later date, right now I need one more piece of evidence until I can make a solid contribution.
Chaz R.
Chaz R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next