PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

+8
Kimmy S.
Anima V.
Emmy A.
Cherry P.
Clara H.
Jeremiah W.
Infernando G.
ajhockeystar
12 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra - Page 12 Empty Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Kimmy S.: Let's start with you buddy. First of all, I like your way of questioning. You throw the bs of players into the trash and force them to say which way they feel more and to say it directly. The "do you or do you not" line of questioning. What I don't like about this questioning is that on some players that are only stating that they feel scummy about something, you force them into a yes or no consensus. This makes it sound like you want to oversimplify this to use for later in order to back up a lynch.

HOWEVER, these yes or no confrontations are directed towards others players, so only way to actually use these for a lynch would be to buddy with someone. For example, "She/he said this and I agree so we lynch that player". These questions make more sense to be used against the player who answers them but tbh, this benefits town more imo for one reason. Nobody really answers these questions with a yes or no, they just delve into the explanation more which I like and I feel is your goal with this since the questions you asked my when I replied to your posts (2nd time) were the type of questions that asked "Can you explain more"

His reason to lynch Anima is a legit reason to lynch as well. Unlike Kimmy, I am different in my playstyle. I wish to let these users get online and wait for them to talk (with the exception to Anima because of what I stated in my previous posts and when she did talk, it was just unadulterated scumminess). All of Kimmy's posts tell he is a pragmatic individual throughout and all of these are consistent so I will label him a solo hydra atm.

Mainly his style of questioning and reasons to lynch label him to me as townlean. I'm still uncomfortable about our squabble but that has been addressed already. Well mainly your playstyle. You seem to generalize stuff and go for physical suggestions to lynch (lurking rather than posting style, etc.)

"Dr. Proctor and Jeremiah ping for similar reasons to each other, their ratio of active lurk:content is a bit too high for me to like it, but the degree I read them for is quite small as of present moment."

This is an example. Feel you should expand your scumhunting more.

Since I am taking too long, I'm going to post this for others to read since I've seen Emmy log in twice, Cherry once, etc. Also I saw Anima lurking again while logged on so idk how to react towards that (rather than just you know, stay anonymous as guest).

Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:46 pm

I'll obv be posting the other two plus the questions. Other than multitasking and taking my sweet time, I'm also giving Anima a bunch of chances to post in between and she isn't taking them.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:51 am

Caroline M.: Like Kimmy, I hate the word dazzling also. What ever happened to charming? Ok now the serious talk.

Before my read, I want to answer some stuff that I missed.

A quote: "Caroline M.: But didnt you say that a reason you labelled cherry as scum was because your dazzling plan showed that both users on Cherry seems to want to get someone lynched? The reveal of your "plan" just seems like a forced way to justify your first few posts while also trying to fit other aspects like the hydra aspect to make the plan feel well thought out."

Should've been more clean with the organization of what I thought about Cherry. Hopefully I get my point across this time.

So I said that I didn't like what Cherry did since they kept the vote on me and seemed to dismiss Jeremiah right? This is not the issue of the plan. The plan was thought out well, it's the issue of the mindset for why someone would lynch that made this plan a little messy. Let me explain. I felt like Cherry has dismissed Jeremiah because at that point I had thought that Cherry's lynches were towards people Cherry viewed as scum and thus, it didn't make sense to outright switch to me and not address Jeremiah in that point. Now here is the crux of the matter. Cherry has been lynching people who did scummy things, not who she thought was 100 percent scum seen by the fact that Cherry said she/he saw something scummier and was lynched for it

Quote: Cherry P.: hey man, it wasn't clear to me. Then again, I can't understand what you say a lot of the time so that might just be my fault. Which one do you want me to go into detail on? Jeremiah or you?

(well she said "close enough") (btw Cherry, I meant I want you to go into detail on what you lynch people for. So I guess me and Jeremiah)

The plan drew out some comments that tried to look at the positive of it as well. Well basically, alot of them were open-minded. Like Emmy's about a townslip or Jeremiah's about just restating information compared to other comments that had been made at the time (before that, it was basically Jeremiah vs Cherry). Issue is, I thought some people would overreact alot and others would not and be open-minded. The issue was that I didn't take Cherry's lynch reason into account thinking that mainly, everybody reason to lynch would be a means to an end which was not the case.

Also I already asked you this but I feel I worded my question weird so I'll ask this again.

Quote: Caroline M.: You know, at first I was kind of wary of Halsey, they seemed kind of scummy to me. But after the explanation I have to wonder, perhaps one of them did the scummy thing and the other turned it into their great masterplan. This is also something we have to consider after all.

If this was a normal game I would be inclined to trust Halsey, but this is hydra. And one personality making themselves seem scummy, with the other covering it up, doesn't seem that impossible.

So am I scummy because of hydra or am I not scummy because of hydra?

Now on to the read.

Previous read: I see this user as town. The reason for this is because this user has been actively helping by not only coming up with new information to the strategy itself. What makes this differnt from Anima is that it seemed to not be premade or thought up before meaning it was most likely something spontaneous that user came up with meaning this user is less worried about their image. Not only this, but this user has been looking for reasons behind lynches and has been actively pressuring users and asking well made questions that benefit town

Main Read now: Well the premade post thing is somewhat although now that I think about it, alot of people's posts are thought out well before posted so this point is eliminated from my scumhunting dictionary. Everything else stays the same.

When making this post I was thinking if this user had any negative qualities because the posts themselves physically just mark townlean everywhere for the purposes states above. Then something came up (when Caroline asked that weird question and I thought about it a little). What do you think about other users. I see you post a scummy action here, questioning about another post there, but your posts, I can't really grasp much what you actually think about everybody else in this game. Like I see a lot of why's but not anything is cemented when it comes from you if you can understand what I am saying.

Sorry about this, I see a bunch of guests coming in and out and like 6 Emmy logins.

I'll post my Cherry read and the questions in the next post (hopefully it doesnt take as long now, I'm almost done with other stuff).

(also point to note, Anima has logged in two or threee more times and has not commented whatsoever).

Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:31 am

Unlynch Halsey
i'm going to re-read this all tomorrow, unlynching because at this point I'd want to question halsey more before re-deciding how I feel about him

sorry for the drop in activity everyone, been doing stuff w/ the fam
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:44 am

Life LessonL Don't leave everything to the end. Ugh, tired.

Cherry P. wrote:Unlynch Halsey
i'm going to re-read this all tomorrow, unlynching because at this point I'd want to question halsey more before re-deciding how I feel about him

Let's start out with this. I'm rather confused now when I think about my lynch. Why did stay on me as long as you did now. I mean, your basis for lynching me was this:

Jeremiah W. wrote:
Ok, I just read through Cherry's posts again.

From what I can gather (correct me if I'm wrong), she lynched me off the bat as a sort of RVS, sort of reasoned lynch. She used a pre-game post as the basis for her argument, but lynched me mostly to say: "hey, don't think like that during the actual game." I didn't really get that and thought that she found I joke I made before the game was a legitimate reason to call me a scumread.

Her switching of the lynch to Halsey was because her reasons for lynching him were based of actions and decisions he made during the actual game. She describes his first few posts as "shitposts" and said they didn't add any new ideas to the game. I'm not sure if she meant to use her lynch to pressure him, but she saw his actions as scummy and her lynch got a better explanation out of him, so I guess the end justifies the means.

Cherry P: Yeah, that seems to be pretty much right wrt you. I just saw halsey's actions as scummier than anything you'd done so I switched to him.

So why stay on me and not switch to Anima. I mean all this time I thought this was your basis of lynching yet Anima is not lynched. Also what Caroline said regarding Anima applies to this as well.

My previous read was: Well mainly it was me thinking you lynched because you thought people were scum, not for scummy actions themselves. Now I get that an I'm just confused. What are your lynches based off exactly (like the "close enough" post I addressed in Caroline's read)? Also add the same stuff Caroline said about you

yeah, why lynch when at the time you literally didnt have a reason and instead had a better reason to lynch anima? Like if I was gonna lynch between someone just to follow up on my pre-game lynch and someone who I legit have an FoS on (whatever the significance), I'd definitely decisively dazzlingly lynch the latter option. Which is why I find it a bit odd that you went for the former option.

that

Also I don't like some of the responses you gave me like the following:

Halsey N. wrote:

Cherry P.: well both kimmy and jeremiah fell back on their points so there goes the discussion on that which I was planning on having -_-

Like how is that a reason for discussion to end?

Cherry: The way I see it, there's zero benefit to trying to convince someone to maintain the same opinion that they already have.

I asked why you ended it. Jeremiah did some stuff you thought was scummy overall. Jeremiah falling back from his lynch on you was only a part of the bigger picture so I don't understand why your discussion about Jeremiah would fall. I can see Kimmy but that's only because you only interacted with him only because of his post and nothing more.

What gets me is that you lynched Jeremiah for one reason but dismissed it for another

Jeremiah: It was mostly a misunderstanding from my side. I had thought that I was a legitimate scumread in her eyes due to a post that I made in pre-game, when in reality it was just an RVS lynch to send a message that she didn't want to see that mindset in a townie.

I mean, this is very different from what you lynched him for according to this post:

Cherry: again, i had an actual reason to lynch jeremiah whereas anima just did something that was strange. strange enough for me to fos her but not to lynch her compared to jeremiah. Does that make sense?

then it becomes this

Emmy A. wrote:
SO. The first post of Cherry's ISO that caught my attention was:
Cherry P. wrote:
nah i lynched you because i did it at the start of the game and I don't like not following through

Emmy: I'm having trouble putting into words why I find it notable. It kind of feels like just continuing the joke RVS vote on Jeremiah, but since the RVS vote wasn't random I then wonder, "Why didn't you just explain the vote here?"

Cherry: my thought process was probably something like:
"i lynched this guy before lets make that legitimate now"
later:
"oh yeah this is why I put that lynch on you in the first place"
cut me some slack, it had been two days and psanon wasnt on the forefront of my mind so I just didnt remember the original reason

ORIGINAL REASON (the read one):
Cherry: Jeremiah: Jeremiah commenting on his posts being seen as scummy and that them getting him lynched day 1, joke or not, conveys that he could potentially censor things that would make him come across as scummy. This is a bad thing because it could prevent useful ideas from coming to light, and is a scummy thing because scum are going to be excessively careful about everything they post, with the goal of trying to not appear to be scummy. With regards to it being a joke or not, I think that's irrelevant because the post itself still conveys the same thing; that jeremiah saw the post as scummy and adversely reacted to it.

I mean, all of this was a negative town behavior at first and then all of this just becomes grossly warped.

In a nutshell, your posts are not superfluous at all if broken down one by one. They are not consistent and feel made up throughout. What I really don't like is you uling me after Anima has plur and not before. I'm really tired so some of this might be a little messy or a little inaccurate, but I promised to post a read on her and here it is.

I feel I posted questions in every read but the last post will be if I missed any. I advise everybody for themselves to actually look at Cherry's posts by clicking the tag in page 1 because they just have no fluidity whatsoever and it then turns into a dismissal of Jeremiah (from what I'm seeing) which I don't like at all. Cherry, look over all your posts and please explain yourself on alot of this.

Also I gave some thought to some stuff. I don't think I like your excuse of not remembering at all when you can just scroll back to the page 1 userlist and remember (even if it had been 2 days). It's a terrible excuse and I'm sure the hydra you have (sure you have one atm and I already explained why I thought this some posts before this). Look, I'm ok with the fact that hydras might not understand each other and this could be the case with Jeremiah.

What I do not like however, is his immediate dismissal because I'm sure your account has a good understanding of the game seen by your posts and if town, neither of you would have just done this. My read atm for you is scumlean due to all of this.

I repeat, everybody read Cherry's posts by clicking Cherry's page 1 tagname and tell me if they sound consistent at all (your thoughts on this). This can go both ways. However the dismissal of Chery's Jeremiah discussion, I want everybody to comment on that. I don't like that one bit. The fallback of Jeremiah doesn't consist with all of your thoughts on him previously nor your interactions directly & indirectly (other players questioning you about this).

It is a clear dismissal in my eyes. This is because in the same exact psot, you talk about this:

Kimmy S. wrote:

Halsey N. wrote:
Ok so, uh I don't know about the strategy I suggested, it seems to be pointless like shepherd and jeremiah said, so i think this theme is better off treated like vanilla as far as scumhunting goes.
I'm also not good at fruit puns.
P.S: Anima, if you were a fruit, you'd be a fineapple

Kimmy: Why would you disagree with a strategy that gives Town 2 peaceful nights?
Cherry P.:This is pretty big. I see zero reason for town!Halsey to discount the fruit passing strategy (did anyone else even say it was useless? I remember seeing this post and thinking it was strange but not going back to check whether or not what he said was true).

which is basically a discussion of my alignment.

Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:45 am

Btw, by the Anima thing. I meant when Anima posted the 3 sr post.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:52 am

Btw my first post was at 3:50 pm. Currently, it's 1:52 am. That's enough time for Anima to respond and she didn't. Anybody can let loose with their reads/questions now tbh. Waiting for Anima is not worth sacrificing our precious discussion time which is gamechanging at the final day of deadline.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:52 am

ill respond in full tomorrow but to answer one of the questions i had no real reason to unlynch till now
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy A. Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:53 am

It seems I've accidentally left this site open in the background.

I should really be getting sleep and will make sure to reread Halsey's posts after I do, but looking over them they strengthen the townread I have on him. I'm liking his analysis of Kimmy and how he separates the playstyle differences from alignment indicating things, and the detail he gives regarding his plan, particularly this sentence, reads as town to me: "The issue was that I didn't take Cherry's lynch reason into account thinking that mainly, everybody reason to lynch would be a means to an end which was not the case." What I'm understanding is that Halsey made a plan to bait a specific reaction and automatically associated that reaction with a scumtell because that was what he was trying to bait. In this case, I find it towny that he's willing to admit that the plan didn't work as intended, as it's another sign that he's willing to change his opinions as new information comes to light.

When Halsey makes another wallpost as you're about to go to sleep...I will return in ~8-10 hours.
Emmy A.
Emmy A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 am

I think I already asked the questions I had in mind at the moment via the reads. Think I forgot one or two though. I'll try to remember them after I sleep and ask them right away tomorrow. Night.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:44 am

I have no words to describe my disappointment....except maybe the word "dazzled". Ah i guess no one will ever grasp the true dazzling beauty of this word.

Halsey N. wrote:Caroline M.: Like Kimmy, I hate the word dazzling also. What ever happened to charming? Ok now the serious talk.

A quote: "Caroline M.: But didnt you say that a reason you labelled cherry as scum was because your dazzling plan showed that both users on Cherry seems to want to get someone lynched? The reveal of your "plan" just seems like a forced way to justify your first few posts while also trying to fit other aspects like the hydra aspect to make the plan feel well thought out."

Should've been more clean with the organization of what I thought about Cherry. Hopefully I get my point across this time.

So I said that I didn't like what Cherry did since they kept the vote on me and seemed to dismiss Jeremiah right? This is not the issue of the plan. The plan was thought out well, it's the issue of the mindset for why someone would lynch that made this plan a little messy. Let me explain. I felt like Cherry has dismissed Jeremiah because at that point I had thought that Cherry's lynches were towards people Cherry viewed as scum and thus, it didn't make sense to outright switch to me and not address Jeremiah in that point. Now here is the crux of the matter. Cherry has been lynching people who did scummy things, not who she thought was 100 percent scum seen by the fact that Cherry said she/he saw something scummier and was lynched for it

I understand that it wasnt the plan itself that led you to your first conclusion but what I was saying is that what you were looking for from your plan wasnt reflected in your read against Cherry. It also emphasised the fact the hydra aspect is lessening the scumlean when your plan implied that your analysis of the hydra increased the scumlean. However despite this, you said in the same post:
Halsey N. wrote:
I waited 10 hours and tried to see if anything changed and how players reacted to my post. I liked what I saw from players like Emmi since they didnt try to outright lynch me and see the positive of that. I did not like what I saw from players like Cherry which I stated above.
Which directly implies that your dazzling plan was what gave you this read. However now you are saying (which i believe because it makes sense) that you scumread cherry due to her dismissal of jeremiah. Although you admitted that your plan didnt really work the way you wanted because you didnt really get any meaningful conclusions out of it, the fact that you were fairly adamant in stating that your plan was what led you to your read on cherry makes it feel like you're trying too hard to show that it really was all a scheme. On top of the fact that if it really was a scheme then it would have made more sense to reveal the plan a little later to actually get something useful out of it.

Also at one point you quoted yourself about the "warped consensus" thing and said "caroline this is what I was referring to". Which post was it that you referred to this?

Halsey N. wrote:
Previous read: I see this user as town. The reason for this is because this user has been actively helping by not only coming up with new information to the strategy itself. What makes this differnt from Anima is that it seemed to not be premade or thought up before meaning it was most likely something spontaneous that user came up with meaning this user is less worried about their image. Not only this, but this user has been looking for reasons behind lynches and has been actively  pressuring users and asking well made questions that benefit town

Main Read now: Well the premade post thing is somewhat although now that I think about it,  alot of people's posts are thought out well before posted so this point is eliminated from my scumhunting dictionary. Everything else stays the same.

When making this post I was thinking if this user had any negative qualities because the posts themselves physically just mark townlean everywhere for the purposes states above. Then something came up (when Caroline asked that weird question and I thought about it a little). What do you think about other users. I see you post a scummy action here, questioning about another post there, but your posts, I can't really grasp much what you actually think about everybody else in this game. Like I see a lot of why's but not anything is cemented when it comes from you if you can understand what I am saying.
Which "weird question" are you referring to?

Both emmy and halsey asked for a more definitive read on halsey after the dazzling caroline, oh bless her cotton soul, suggested that "one halsey may turned the 4 scummyish posts made by the other halsey into a great masterplan". Of course so far I have been more inclined to believe that the "plan" was made up to cover for the other hydra due to reasons where i explain why the plan doesnt feel schemed and instead feels made up on the spot. Now it could be that a town!Halsey decided to use the weird posts to his advantage but due to the fact he decided to say it was schemed, I dont think thats the case. However due to the dazzling drive you are giving to the pace of the game, I dont really know what read I would give you.

Usually I like to pressure and converse scumpoints here and there throughout the day then collect my thoughts into a decision on who I believe is most likely to be scum near the end of the day. Perhaps this is why you feel like you dont know exactly what I think about everyone?

So far Anima and Shepherd are my top 2 contenders for most likely to be mafia. Shepherd I have talked about and the fact that he has come on a couple more times doesnt help his case at all. Same thing can be said about Anima. Even though she went through the effort at the start to explain the scenarios for the dazzling fruit plan, its just as important for scum to know about them too in order to not fall for any of the traps. Although its true she could have just said it in the quicktopic at night, I dont think a scum!Anima would miss this opportunity to gain early towncred without having to press on with the scumhunting.

Although I have called out jeremiah a few times for lack of effort to accelerate town's progress, I think we should let him live for day 2 and see whether its true that his retreatment is due to the lack of solid and meaningful information in day 1.

Now for the others I dont really have anything to say about them that I havent already said or someone hasnt addressed. I also think that from what I have seen so far that they arent in my top contenders to be lynched since they are pretty much all neutral/not sure what to read them (which the exception of emmy and kimmy being townleans thus far). Perhaps the dazzling caroline can add her insight to those users and also on whom to lynch, which is why I will hold on to my lynch until she does so.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:57 am

Ok there's nothing interesting left in the thread for me to sift through so once I'm done with this quoting session I'll probably just like go back and analyse everyone's reads, and possibly form new ones.

Have some obligatory filler while I go and quote what I wanted to quote:
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 am

Clara H. wrote:
Kimmy S. wrote:Doesn't a lynch being "better" mean that you would prefer to vote them? Or was your statement meant to be a "I would vote Infernando if Halsey starts looking Town"?

What about Halsey's reply to you feel is Scum about? I've mentioned I've felt they could be "misunderstood town", but you've not really elaborated on why you felt Halsey's reply wasn't warranting lynching him > Infernando or Anima.

Its because it doesnt defend my point, just changes it in a way
Instead of me SRing him for making a readslist without reading half the game, I sr him for making a readslist after quickly glancing through the game. Any good town would read the whole game properly before making a large readlist in the manner he did

Re-asking the first question. Also does this make you feel Halsey is more scum than Anima/Infernando at this point? How about the other towny things they have done, does it still make the scummier than above mentioned names?

Caroline M. wrote:You know, at first I was kind of wary of Halsey, they seemed kind of scummy to me. But after the explanation I have to wonder, perhaps one of them did the scummy thing and the other turned it into their great masterplan. This is also something we have to consider after all.

If this was a normal game I would be inclined to trust Halsey, but this is hydra. And one personality making themselves seem scummy, with the other covering it up, doesn't seem that impossible.

Assume this is the case. Would you, in this situation, believe that it's a town hydra with a one head messing up, or a scum hydra with one head good at covering up?

Cherry P. wrote:Unlynch Halsey

Why go through the hassle of unlynching tbh? Leaving your vote on him will probably generate better responses since they knows they should take you seriously in the case they're scum, no?

Caroline M. wrote:I have no words to describe my disappointment....except maybe the word "dazzled". Ah i guess no one will ever grasp the true dazzling beauty of this word.

Mafia player, convince me Razz

Halsey N. wrote:Caroline M.: Like Kimmy, I hate the word dazzling also. What ever happened to charming? Ok now the serious talk.

I understand that it wasnt the plan itself that led you to your first conclusion but what I was saying is that what you were looking for from your plan wasnt reflected in your read against Cherry. It also emphasised the fact the hydra aspect is lessening the scumlean when your plan implied that your analysis of the hydra increased the scumlean. However despite this, you said in the same post:
Halsey N. wrote:
I waited 10 hours and tried to see if anything changed and how players reacted to my post. I liked what I saw from players like Emmi since they didnt try to outright lynch me and see the positive of that. I did not like what I saw from players like Cherry which I stated above.
Which directly implies that your dazzling plan was what gave you this read. However now you are saying (which i believe because it makes sense) that you scumread cherry due to her dismissal of jeremiah. Although you admitted that your plan didnt really work the way you wanted because you didnt really get any meaningful conclusions out of it, the fact that you were fairly adamant in stating that your plan was what led you to your read on cherry makes it feel like you're trying too hard to show that it really was all a scheme. On top of the fact that if it really was a scheme then it would have made more sense to reveal the plan a little later to actually get something useful out of it.

Leaving this here because I'm going to use this point against you later

<snip>

Both emmy and halsey asked for a more definitive read on halsey after the dazzling caroline, oh bless her cotton soul, suggested that "one halsey may turned the 4 scummyish posts made by the other halsey into a great masterplan". Of course so far I have been more inclined to believe that the "plan" was made up to cover for the other hydra due to reasons where i explain why the plan doesnt feel schemed and instead feels made up on the spot. Now it could be that a town!Halsey decided to use the weird posts to his advantage but due to the fact he decided to say it was schemed, I dont think thats the case. However due to the dazzling drive you are giving to the pace of the game, I dont really know what read I would give you.

Leaving this here because I'm going to use this point against you later

So far Anima and Shepherd are my top 2 contenders for most likely to be mafia. Shepherd I have talked about and the fact that he has come on a couple more times doesnt help his case at all. Same thing can be said about Anima. Even though she went through the effort at the start to explain the scenarios for the dazzling fruit plan, its just as important for scum to know about them too in order to not fall for any of the traps. Although its true she could have just said it in the quicktopic at night, I dont think a scum!Anima would miss this opportunity to gain early towncred without having to press on with the scumhunting.

So, your 2 biggest scumreads are on the 2 most useless people. Although I feel you with Anima, since the user is pretty much exuding pure scumminess at this point, I'd expect after your huge case vs Halsey that you scumread them more than Shepherd, no? I'd feel that given the extreme lack of content coming from said user,
one would have them in a more "need to see some shit here" position rather than "scuuuuuuum" position. Although I don't disagree that sometimes one can feel obliged to scumread the inactives, given that you made such a big deal out of Halsey makes me a little disturbed by the fact he isn't given a mention at all when talking about who contends for scum.

<snip>

Comments in italics.

Overall, I still think Halsey is town, also interested to know if this is a solo hydra. Question

Anima is probably not going to come back in time to see their lynch, so I think we're all in agreement to fruit down/to the right of the Player List?

Caroline's most recent post about scumtenders irked me somewhat, but I still remain my townlean on them, however diminished it might be currently.

Emmy had a few solid responses to stuff, but few self-originated points come from them.

I think I have a slight scumlean on Cherry, after reading them a little more, the points I made earlier don't stand very well to scrutiny (1 vote plurality isn't a lot, pushable people going in and out). Most especially, I didn't like the unvote, when coupled with the reasoning of " I'd want to question halsey more before re-deciding how I feel about him".

Jeremiah is still pretty scratch rn, since my previous argument about them no longer stands (nothing contentful), but I don't know how to read them now either.

Everyone else is either too insignificant for me to notice or that I don't feel like giving a read on right now.
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anima V. Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:51 am

?
Anima V.
Anima V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:52 am

Kimmy S. wrote:

Caroline M. wrote:You know, at first I was kind of wary of Halsey, they seemed kind of scummy to me. But after the explanation I have to wonder, perhaps one of them did the scummy thing and the other turned it into their great masterplan. This is also something we have to consider after all.

Assume this is the case. Would you, in this situation, believe that it's a town hydra with a one head messing up, or a scum hydra with one head good at covering up?

Umm i thought I just dazzlingly addressed this when i said that i dont think the town!Halsey option of this situation is the case because he insists it was schemed from the beginning rather than him taking advantage of his partners weird posts.

Kimmy S. wrote:

So, your 2 biggest scumreads are on the 2 most useless people. Although I feel you with Anima, since the user is pretty much exuding pure scumminess at this point, I'd expect after your huge case vs Halsey that you scumread them more than Shepherd, no? I'd feel that given the extreme lack of content coming from said user,
one would have them in a more "need to see some shit here" position rather than "scuuuuuuum" position. Although I don't disagree that sometimes one can feel obliged to scumread the inactives, given that you made such a big deal out of Halsey makes me a little disturbed by the fact he isn't given a mention at all when talking about who contends for scum.

Its true that inactive =/= scum and I wasnt scumreading them because of that. See my post on shepherd about how his post contradicts his intent which is done near the start/middle of day 1 and so he had lots of time to reply to that and to emmy's question. Yet he came on several times and didnt even bother posting. Therefore his inactiveness clearly isnt due to unfortunate irl events. Same can be said about anita. Halsey on the other hand, like i said before, his dazzling drive to accelerate town's progress has lead me to not know what read to give him (since i believe that he is making up his scheme with scum intent) and so I cant really put him as a contender for getting lynched. Plus its a really bad idea to lynch halsey now because he's been a large source of drive which this game definitely needs. But of course that doesnt stop me from further questioning whether Halsey truly did scheme this dazzling plan.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:53 am

Anima V. wrote:?

....do you not have anything to say/dazzlingly defend yourself?
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Infernando G. Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:01 am

Tfw why did my person lynch then lurk

unlynch
Infernando G.
Infernando G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:28 am

Infernando G. wrote:Tfw why did my person lynch then lurk

unlynch

They went on to say "My other person sucks for not coming on" Razz looks like you two need to settle your issues.

also if you're wondering why I'm not ISOing people and continuing with my quoting and destroying I'm just being very lazy rn and I have my thoughts but putting them into words is too blegh for me rn with my brains all over the floor as it is
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:31 am

Anima V. wrote:?
?

OK so we need you to 1. Provide a nice substantial post detailing your thoughts on the game and the state of your reads, with nice solid reasoning hopefully, 2. A Fruit Circle from you we need to use once you flip and 3. A (quote) dazzling defense (unquote) (sorry I had to do this) from you that'll hopefully lead us to flashwagon onto some random scum.
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:40 am

@Caroline what does it matter whether he planned this all from the start or it was a coincidence he made his plan around? It all served Town eventually, and that's what matters, no?
As scum, there are probably far easier ways to cover that up under a sea of other posts, rather than take this attention-grabbing, high-risk manner of covering up.

Yes I know I was one of those who heavily criticized the plan about how it forced us to assume he was Town, how it could cause problems etc. etc., but I reread and changed my opinion after the conversation.

What about his posts make you consider whether it was a cover-up or an elaborate plan? Apart from the fact that it's a hydra, what makes you think the option of a cover-up is likely compared to the whole elaborate plan thing?
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy S. Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:45 am

OK I think that's all I can manage with a liquid brain, going to sleep now. I'll probably wake up just in time for night to see Anima's scumflip and post my gathered thoughts in a coherent fashion
Kimmy S.
Kimmy S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Infernando G. Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Kimmy S. wrote:
Infernando G. wrote:Hi frenssssssss

just to give u some updates because my partner is trash and keeps coming online and not posting
so with the fruit strategy, can mafia not give fruit and kill instead and then claim to not have gotten a fruit to frame someone? or would that be a good thing cause we know one of the two are lying Surprised
And not sure what everyone else thinks but maybe since we have limited fruit it would be a good thing to do whatever strategy on later days to preserve deaths since in the beginning it takes a day or two to get proper reads. I just think it would be more beneficial to prevent deaths when there are fewer players and we have a better idea of who to lynch.

1 It's a good thing because 1v1 with 1 of them being guaranteed scum is always to town's benefit unless it's LyLo.
2. Yes, which is why i suggested doing the strategy N1/N4 rather than N1/N2

Infernando G. wrote:P.S. scummy emmy is scummy
bc she's doing that "I'll get to that later" "I'll do this soon thing". I know town also does that but mafia usually does it when they're overthinking whether saying something would be scummy. I do that when I'm scum.
It could just be her being lazy but from what I've ready her scummy vibes are what have mainly stuck with me.

Unlynch Anima
Lynch Emmy

On a nicer note: HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY WEEKEND MY LOVIES <3

How is "I'll get to that later" scum? Everyone does it, just by saying "Scum can do it" doesn't mean town can't do it too right? You yourself admitted that town does it too, what about it makes you feel like it comes from scum this time rather than town?

I think overall I'd prefer a promise to hold someone to ("I'll get back to it later"), rather than flat out inactivity (I wonder who).

Then why not Night 2 and Night 4 for example, I just don't understand how doing it Night 1 is any more beneficial :O
And yea I said everyone does it, but she's been doing it more than usual which strikes me as scummy, you don't have to agree but I'm just explaining the lynch
I'm replying to messages as I read so I don't forget anything so my opinion could change as I go through the next few pages
Infernando G.
Infernando G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Infernando G. Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Emmy A. wrote:
Infernando G. wrote:P.S. scummy emmy is scummy
bc she's doing that "I'll get to that later" "I'll do this soon thing". I know town also does that but mafia usually does it when they're overthinking whether saying something would be scummy. I do that when I'm scum.
It could just be her being lazy but from what I've ready her scummy vibes are what have mainly stuck with me.

Unlynch Anima
Lynch Emmy

On a nicer note: HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY WEEKEND MY LOVIES <3
What?

1. Just because you yourself do something more often as scum doesn't make it an automatic scumtell for everyone else.

2. Have you considered that, just maybe, I could have a life outside of this game and can't always do everything I want to before going offline?

Anyway, I'm here now and will be able to finish. Kimmy's quote walls are going to make me cry though. Sad

Chillax little Emmy afro
I just said that not everyone has to agree but why it strikes ME as scummy.
Infernando G.
Infernando G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Kimmy S. wrote:@Caroline what does it matter whether he planned this all from the start or it was a coincidence he made his plan around? It all served Town eventually, and that's what matters, no?
As scum, there are probably far easier ways to cover that up under a sea of other posts, rather than take this attention-grabbing, high-risk manner of covering up.

Yes I know I was one of those who heavily criticized the plan about how it forced us to assume he was Town, how it could cause problems etc. etc., but I reread and changed my opinion after the conversation.

What about his posts make you consider whether it was a cover-up or an elaborate plan? Apart from the fact that it's a hydra, what makes you think the option of a cover-up is likely compared to the whole elaborate plan thing?

See thats the thing, it didnt really serve town. He got no solid conclusions from his dazzling "scheme" which is what sparked my initial thought that this probably wasnt schemed and instead just an attempt to cover up his partner. Idk maybe he could have used a less risky way to do it but this doesnt dimish any of the points that i have brought up against Halsey and so my dazzling argument till now still stands.

It may be that you re-read it and changed your mind, but in my case, re-reading it just gave me more reasons to be skeptical.

I think my dazzling previous posts explain why i am skeptical about halsey's plan in a dazzling fashion. They contain dazzling reasons that arent just the fact it was a hydra.
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline M. Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Infernape-wannabe-nando, can you explain WHY it strikes you as scum? Like WHY this makes emmy the most likely player to be the mafia? And that why it overrides a lot of the contribution she has done thus far?
Caroline M.
Caroline M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next