PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 30: Separated Scum

+11
Lila C.
Hiroki M.
Yuzo K.
Nicolette D.
Teaque Q.
Marilyn M.
Amelia E.
Linda G.
Claudina W.
Titus V.
ajhockeystar
15 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Game 30: Separated Scum - Page 10 Empty Re: Game 30: Separated Scum

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Alright, here's my read-list:

Nicolette - Good analysis and deep insights regarding issues that have not been brought up before show a good attitude towards scumhunting. This is town because I highly doubt mafia will go this length to push someone without any clear reward. He also go against the flow which honestly is a good thing and appreciated. I really like his accusations - it's very logical but I do think it is sometimes too reliant on the fact that everyone plays optimally. Sometimes town play sub-optimally too, and as I said before, since hindsight is 20-20 it is possible to over look some obvious things. Thanks for pointing these out though so we can improve on in future days! I think his quote here sums up perfectly what his scumhunting style is "every post counts, and should be dissected and scrutinized, and everyone should be pressured for everything they say". Very aggressive and bold. Very unlikely to be mafia. Or at the very least, not a target for today's lynch. If I had to name one partner, the obvious choice would be Marilyn. But anyways if that was true I would prefer Marilyn lynched first anyways. Town

O O - His early posts don't have much content to them, but they did show good thoughts. It did seem weird to me that he would not realize mafia Vig was OS when he mentioned the traitors thing, but the traitor is much more obvious and I do think it was an honest mistake. What thing I noticed though from his first 13 posts or so is that it was mainly reactions to other people posts and little thoughts from himself. He even said it himself: "from what i remember, i haven't really seen anything worth pushing". Furthermore, he only posted a read list after it was requested by Marilyn. Even then it was mainly neutral. That might reflect an overall reluctance to push someone, but it could just be his playing style. I understand because I sometimes play like that too. Another thing I notice is that he seems to have a stronger reaction when Marilyn lynched him than Linda lynched him. Could mean nothing but a good note nevertheless. His defense is good though. Neutral - Leaning Scum

Titus - Fun Fact: I hate it when people put their own names in read list and try to say something funny like "Scum 100%" or "Hate this guy". Yeah, it's not funny. Wait, did I just do it? What a hypocrite. /r/cringe

Yuzo - Here we go again with the weird unlynching for no reason on Day 1. I didn't think much of his views of vig claiming, but I do like his post that you shouldn't town read everyone that makes good post because it is also in the mafia best interest to make good posts and appear townie. It is important to look at motives. From reading his posts, he kinda remind me of OO. A little passive side, but did provide good thoughts. I do think his mistakes are town-motivated. Sure, it's not optimal plays but I can see myself making those kinds of mistakes too. I will give him slight credit for lynching Linda though. I would rank him around the same scumminess level as OO. Neutral - Leaning Scum

Teaque - I liked that he gave us a read list early on - it indicates an attitude of town scumhunting to me. He consistently gives us his thoughts too and bring up good points which I agree with. His activity could be better but I am sensing a townie vibes from his post. Just one thing I found weird but the shifts in reads from Teaque: I am not actually sure why he thinks Marilyn and I are scummiest to be quite honest. He actually ranked Marilyn quite high on his scum > town list but randomly put her as scummiest. I'm assuming he had some thoughts in his mind but didn't type it out fully. Leaning Town

Marilyn - Yeah, I probably could dedicate a whole post to her on its own. I don't think she is the best lynch option today (I TOLD YOU IT'S TEMPORARY) but I feel like I have expressed my thoughts on her well throughout the game. She definitely had scummy posts, but I do think it's better to lynch someone else. I am making a bold claim here but I do think if she is town, she has a high chance of being the Miller. My thoughts about her are all over the place to be honest - but thinking about it, it mainly comes from her reaction which could just be her playstyle. Neutral

If requested, I could make a post about Marilyn if needed. Anyways, I wanted to try analyzing potential inspects if the players are mafia cop etc but I am too tired at the moment. So in summary from scum to town is

OO/Yuzo --> Marilyn --> Teaque --> Nicolette

Since I trust Nicolette and I like his thoughts, if I was to pick between OO and Yuzo, I would go with Yuzo.

Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Will respond to the longer posts written while I was typing this later since I am too tired right now. Would be nice to hear what you guys think on this too!
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzo K. Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Nicolette D. wrote:
Yuzo K. wrote:
Okay lemme point out the many flaws in your argument.
I didn't "ignore" town directions. I was busy the first couple real days of day 2 and I mentioned that in my first post and ever since I came back I'd say I've been pretty active. More active than most "active" people day 2. But that also meant I had to read like 6 pages cause I had to refresh on day 1 stuff and so I think it'd make sense that I forgot and wasn't thinking of the vig cc thing at the moment of making the post. So yes I skimmed it the first time I read it because I wouldn't remember everything if I read all the details but I did go back and carefully read the significant posts.

Also yes I asked Lila why she shot Claudina not because I was "attracting attention to her" or whatever you claimed but because I found no day 1 evidence of Claudina seeming scum so I wanted to hear her explanation so I could provide my thought on it so she would hopefully not make the same flaw in thinking again. Just how most of us didn't see Hiroki as scum and she shot him.

I actually don't understand what part of me finding Linda as scum is scummy? I gave my opinion with actual examples where she was jumpy with lynches and she was trying way too hard to make reads and so I lynched her. The annoying posting style was not my primary reason I was simply expressing how painful it was to go through all her posts to show that I actually took the effort to. Plus the only other two at that point was O or Marilyn and I find Linda way scummier than both of them after going through their posts.

Also your whole idea that Lila and Linda were both being lynched for the wrong reason is flawed. I already said Lila's "slip" didn't seem like a slip to me but Linda's reasons for being lynched were not similar to her at all. I called her out for trying too hard, being too lynch happy and band wagoning with no personal opinion which I believe is reason enough considering it turned out to be true so it was not done for the wrong reasons.

Don't go around saying "oh, I was active day 2 and all" when you know that part isn't a significant part of my argument at all! Besides, you may have been "active", but all you were doing was being a presence in the forum, and not actually actively seeking out who scum is. All you did is give reads on players/chime in with your opinion; you never made an effort to scrutinize and question people based on what they said. I still stand by what i said when I say "town players would pay attention to every post made, and read/reread to find potential scumtells", even if you're inactive for the first few days of the game. I myself only came back at day 2, but I made sure to pay attention to what everyone said, and even opened up by pointing out what I thought was scummy (Titus). And what did you do? You stalled for quite the time before actually doing anything, and end up missing the part about vig not ccing when someone claims (this was done over a span of several posts, and people actually argued over this early day 1, hard to miss on a skim imo). Not only could that "mishap" been costly for town, I read your inadequate backreading in d1 itself as an anti-town play, because, like I said before, you could afford to do so as scum.

You still have yet to explain why you missed my post in late d2, when i told everyone to shut up about Lila. Making a post about Lila, even when someone else gave explicit directions not to, is inherently scummy; how do you explain that? It was obvious that I had something in mind when I gave that direction, but you didn't even bother to ask why before attempting to ask Lila questions. The result isn't what I'm scumreading you for; it's the attempt at initiating discussion with Lila when another player said not to, without even discussing it with the original poster. Your intentions in questioning Lila, which i think are full of crap in the first place, don't even matter in this argument at all, and doesn't suffice as an argument against mine. Your activity excuse doesn't work here, because you were already active then. And I won't let you say you disagreed with my suggestion, because nowhere in the chat did you ever express such dissent.

Nowhere in my argument did I say that the Lila lynch was for bs reasoning, only the Linda lynch, since nobody reacted or responded to my earlier post when I called out Linda's "not vig" claim as scummy.(honestly lowkey pissed at everyone else for literally ignoring that post ;Wink  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you misread my post or something to talk about a Lila lynch or whatever. The "oh annoying posting style wasn't even a reason to lynch" argument is literally just another example of you attacking borderline-irrelevant details of my argument that essentially don't even matter to my overall argument, since i was moreso calling you out on having weak reasoning in general - you're just trying to make my argument seem weaker, when you aren't actually doing anything to disprove my points. Everyone's lynched Linda for different reasons, but yours was by far the weakest:

Yuzo K. wrote:Lila C.:
Fairly certain she's the real vig mainly and I never completely understood the reasoning people had for her "scum slip" cause I personally thought only an ignorant/new player townie would say mafia knew each other so even before she claimed vig I was skeptical.
Plus, I feel like mafia would have no business counter claiming vig cause sure they'll avoid getting lynched that day but since they don't know their partners they'd risk lynching their partner AND getting shot at night so it doesn't make much sense for mafia to claim vig.

Marilyn M.: Apart from your argument for Lila being scum being a little holey, I'm not getting many scummy vibes at the moment. Mostly cause you argue your points well without seeming lynch happy or defensive. Also you jump to conclusions and make a lot of accusations and though some of them don't make sense to me I don't think mafia would be brave enough to do that but I'll look more into my read on you tomorrow.

Linda G.- ngl most of day 1 I was just annoyed with the way you posted (super annoying and very long) which pretty much just continued day and yes I took the time and effort to read those terrible posts and so much filler help. Plus I feel like a lot of your posts just restate things youve already said or just state the obvious which isn't particularly scummy on its own but it makes it seem like you're trying too hard.
Plus I've read that one post about O and Titus like three times and I still don't understand your argument? Maybe I'm dumb but I don't know what scum slip you're talking about or why you keep backing up Titus.
Overall I find you scummier than anyone else at the moment due to lack of proper arguments and filler posts that seem like you're trying too hard which is why I think it's the best lynch for today.

Lynch Linda

I don't have too much to say about others just yet I'll continue my reads tomorrow.

Your argument for lynching Linda is embarrassingly weak. You spout things like "filler posts" and "lack of proper arguments" when you yourself don't present much of an argument against them - to me, this reeks of scum putting together seemingly convincing arguments that actually lack substance in order to encourage a wagon. You literally say "I think it's the best lynch for today", not "i'm convinced they're scum!"

I also strongly dislike how you pick and choose which parts of my post you're going to answer, and ignore the parts you can't. Why did you say that you "thought Lila was the true vig" in this same post, making it easier for scum vig to shoot? And go on for lengths about that when I literally said not to? Have you even commented on my 2 possible theories as to why you've made such a play, much less attempt to debunk it? Are you going to explain why you ignored my directions and attempted to talk with Lila anyways? You don't even attempt to quote yourself on posts that highlight your scumhunting throughout the day in order to argue that my statement "you made wishy-washy statements and posted copy-pastes of other peoples' reads" was wrong!
It should be safe now for me to lynch yuzo k. i want everyone's opinion on this, like always. and like, i mean it. because nobody actually comments to my posts oml

The Lila lynch was for bs reasons and you're just trying to defend it because you're one of the people who were on her. The so called "scum slip" she made was just her being ignorant or forgetful just like how I was about the vig cc thing and thats also why I called out Linda's argument when she said O "scum slipped".

And I'm pretty sure I answered every part of your argument. The only thing I didn't answer was your theory about why I asked for vig cc which I can't answer simply because the its not true and I had no alternative intentions. You can't make up a poorly thought out theory and expect me to answer it when the first sentence of it is already wrong.

The Linda lynch was very much justified. Yes, I wasn't 100% sure she was scum but neither was Marilyn. She was on O for the longest time yesterday and lynched Linda last minute instead because she seemed like a better option. My reasons for finding her scummy were valid. Yes it wasn't a perfect argument but she was the scummiest to me at the time and hence I lynched her and it worked because she was scum so I don't think this should be coming from someone who was about to lynch our vig for a bad reason.

Also can you please cut the crap about me "drawing attention to vig". With the number of people who unlynched her a few hours before the deadline I'm sure everyone in the game knew she was vig. So I didn't think not talking about it at all was going to tell anyone anything they didn't already know. Plus it was worth a shot to have her respond to me which I already told u but you clearly overlooked that in my response when I said I wanted to give her my opinion on it and hopefully prevent her from making the same mistake again (which clearly didn't work from that Hiroki shot).

I believe I've answered every part of your argument and feel free to tell me if I haven't.
Yuzo K.
Yuzo K.

Back to top Go down

Post by O O. Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:11 am

holy cow you guys went off
ill post my thoughts on everything tomorrow, far too tired to do anything right now
O O.
O O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:26 am

Titus V. wrote:Alright, here's my read-list:

Nicolette - Good analysis and deep insights regarding issues that have not been brought up before show a good attitude towards scumhunting. This is town because I highly doubt mafia will go this length to push someone without any clear reward. He also go against the flow which honestly is a good thing and appreciated. I really like his accusations - it's very logical but I do think it is sometimes too reliant on the fact that everyone plays optimally. Sometimes town play sub-optimally too, and as I said before, since hindsight is 20-20 it is possible to over look some obvious things. Thanks for pointing these out though so we can improve on in future days! I think his quote here sums up perfectly what his scumhunting style is "every post counts, and should be dissected and scrutinized, and everyone should be pressured for everything they say". Very aggressive and bold. Very unlikely to be mafia. Or at the very least, not a target for today's lynch. If I had to name one partner, the obvious choice would be Marilyn. But anyways if that was true I would prefer Marilyn lynched first anyways. Town

O O - His early posts don't have much content to them, but they did show good thoughts. It did seem weird to me that he would not realize mafia Vig was OS when he mentioned the traitors thing, but the traitor is much more obvious and I do think it was an honest mistake. What thing I noticed though from his first 13 posts or so is that it was mainly reactions to other people posts and little thoughts from himself. He even said it himself: "from what i remember, i haven't really seen anything worth pushing". Furthermore, he only posted a read list after it was requested by Marilyn. Even then it was mainly neutral. That might reflect an overall reluctance to push someone, but it could just be his playing style. I understand because I sometimes play like that too. Another thing I notice is that he seems to have a stronger reaction when Marilyn lynched him than Linda lynched him. Could mean nothing but a good note nevertheless. His defense is good though. Neutral - Leaning Scum

Titus - Fun Fact: I hate it when people put their own names in read list and try to say something funny like "Scum 100%" or "Hate this guy". Yeah, it's not funny. Wait, did I just do it? What a hypocrite. /r/cringe

Yuzo - Here we go again with the weird unlynching for no reason on Day 1. I didn't think much of his views of vig claiming, but I do like his post that you shouldn't town read everyone that makes good post because it is also in the mafia best interest to make good posts and appear townie. It is important to look at motives. From reading his posts, he kinda remind me of OO. A little passive side, but did provide good thoughts. I do think his mistakes are town-motivated. Sure, it's not optimal plays but I can see myself making those kinds of mistakes too. I will give him slight credit for lynching Linda though. I would rank him around the same scumminess level as OO. Neutral - Leaning Scum  

Teaque - I liked that he gave us a read list early on - it indicates an attitude of town scumhunting to me. He consistently gives us his thoughts too and bring up good points which I agree with. His activity could be better but I am sensing a townie vibes from his post. Just one thing I found weird but the shifts in reads from Teaque: I am not actually sure why he thinks Marilyn and I are scummiest to be quite honest.  He actually ranked Marilyn quite high on his scum > town list but randomly put her as scummiest. I'm assuming he had some thoughts in his mind but didn't type it out fully. Leaning Town

Marilyn - Yeah, I probably could dedicate a whole post to her on its own. I don't think she is the best lynch option today (I TOLD YOU IT'S TEMPORARY) but I feel like I have expressed my thoughts on her well throughout the game. She definitely had scummy posts, but I do think it's better to lynch someone else. I am making a bold claim here but I do think if she is town, she has a high chance of being the Miller. My thoughts about her are all over the place to be honest - but thinking about it, it mainly comes from her reaction which could just be her playstyle. Neutral

If requested, I could make a post about Marilyn if needed. Anyways, I wanted to try analyzing potential inspects if the players are mafia cop etc but I am too tired at the moment. So in summary from scum to town is

OO/Yuzo --> Marilyn --> Teaque --> Nicolette

Since I trust Nicolette and I like his thoughts, if I was to pick between OO and Yuzo, I would go with Yuzo.

This is not well thought out
In Nicolette, you provide a good argument as to why she is town, and honestly word it in the best way I've seen anyone so far. However, when you start talking about potentialy scum buddies, you say "obviously marilyn" and then you say you would rather have me lynched.
What I got from that was that you very townread Nicolette, and that I am the most scumread player on your reads list

As afar as O.O, again, most of it had a good argument, but then we see this
he only posted a read list after it was requested by Marilyn.
II asked you for a readslist a solid 3 times before you said you were making one. I asked you twice on day 2, to which i got no response, and then i asked you today and you said you were working on one. I do not believe you were working on one day 2, so this is you being a hypocrite. AGAIN

I was very confused about what you said about Yuzo. You defended him for the whole post, then placed him as leaning scum? Why do you think he is scum? You only defended him

similairly to O.O and Nicolette, your read on Teaque was well thought out

But then you start your read on me.

"I dont think she is the best lynch option today"- you said in the SAME post, you would rather I get lynched
"she has a high chance of being the Miller" - WHAT? First of all, the miller is hidden. If I were the miller, I would be playing no differently because I wouldnt know I was the miller. So, why did you say this?
Because I am the miller, you are a traitor cop, and you got me as scum.
I see no other reason why you would mention the miller. It would also explain why you talk about lynching me in previous posts, but then you place Yuzo and O.O higher than me as scum, with little reasoning on either, and you place me as neutral. This is because you see me as a potential scumbuddy, and want to keep me alive, as you know you will not survive the game by yourself

I have no time for silly Unlynching truces
Lynch Titus
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:30 am

Marilyn M. wrote:

This is not well thought out
In Nicolette, you provide a good argument as to why she is town, and honestly word it in the best way I've seen anyone so far. However, when you start talking about potentialy scum buddies, you say "obviously marilyn" and then you say you would rather have me lynched.
What I got from that was that you very townread Nicolette, and that I am the most scumread player on your reads list

As afar as O.O, again, most of it had a good argument, but then we see this
he only posted a read list after it was requested by Marilyn.
II asked you for a readslist a solid 3 times before you said you were making one. I asked you twice on day 2, to which i got no response, and then i asked you today and you said you were working on one. I do not believe you were working on one day 2, so this is you being a hypocrite. AGAIN

I was very confused about what you said about Yuzo. You defended him for the whole post, then placed him as leaning scum? Why do you think he is scum? You only defended him

similairly to O.O and Nicolette, your read on Teaque was well thought out

But then you start your read on me.

"I dont think she is the best lynch option today"- you said in the SAME post, you would rather I get lynched
"she has a high chance of being the Miller" - WHAT? First of all, the miller is hidden. If I were the miller, I would be playing no differently because I wouldnt know I was the miller. So, why did you say this?
Because I am the miller, you are a traitor cop, and you got me as scum.
I see no other reason why you would mention the miller. It would also explain why you talk about lynching me in previous posts, but then you place Yuzo and O.O higher than me as scum, with little reasoning on either, and you place me as neutral. This is because you see me as a potential scumbuddy, and want to keep me alive, as you know you will not survive the game by yourself

I have no time for silly Unlynching truces
Lynch Titus

1) No, I did not imply that you are the most scumread player on my read list. I simply meant that if somehow Nicolette was mafia, then you are most likely her partner, which means that in any circumstances you should be lynched before Nicolette.

2) How am I a hypocrite? I said in my read list on OO that "it could be his playing style. I understand because I sometimes play like that too". I admitted that I play similarly to him. If you think I only scumread OO because he only posted a readlist after you asked, you are ignoring all my other points regarding his neutralness in reading others, reluctant to push someone etc.

3) Yuzo is hard for me to read - his posts surely are good but I think he falls into the too "neutral category". I kinda ranked OO in regards to his scumminess, but Yuzo posts are not as townie as say you or Teaque in my opinion (and obviously Nicolette but he's on another level). So perhaps a better read would be OO > Yuzo, but considering almost no one wants OO lynched, I wouldn't mind Yuzo today.

4) Okay, firstly your understand about my reads on you IS WAY OFF. Let me explain
a) I NEVER MENTION YOU SHOULD BE LYNCHED. I MEANT THAT IF SOMEHOW TOWN REBELLED AGAINST NICOLETTE AND WANT TO LYNCH HIM, I WOULD ADVOCATE FOR YOU TO BE LYNCHED INSTEAD. WHY DO YOU ASSUME I WANT YOU DEAD WHEN I ALREADY SAID OO OR YUZO?

b)Why did I say this? THE FACT THAT I AM SAYING YOU ARE THE MILLER IS BECAUSE I ACTUALLY THINK YOU ARE TOWN. I SAID THAT BECAUSE I THINK MAFIA MUST HAVE INSPECTED YOU ALREADY, AND MANY ARE NOT LYNCHING YOU. FROM READING OTHER POSTS, MANY DO NOT SUSPECT YOU. THIS IS WHY I THINK THEY INSPECTED YOU AND GOT MAFIA. HOWEVER, INSTEAD OF SAYING YOU MUST BE MAFIA, I GAVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT AND SAID YOU ARE PROBABLY TOWN AND THUS MILLER. IF YOU THINK I AM SCUMREADING YOU, YOU ARE MISINTERPRETING THIS!

c) I NEVER WANTED TO LYNCH YOU TODAY. I ALWAYS SAID TEMPORARY. I NEVER WANTED TO LYNCH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE. CLEAR???

Sorry for bold and caps at the end, but I am really angry.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:34 am

Also the fact that you started your reaction to my read-list with: "This is not well thought out" implies that you have a negative view about me. Furthermore, you even said yourself that my reads on Teaque, Nicolette and OO are well thought out. How about we all clear our heads, take a step back and look from a neutral perspective? If I am lynched today that's unfortunate of course, but if you are town and you carry this momentum tomorrow you are inclined to repeat mistakes you are making today. We all want to win the game and I don't want to see town choke when we had so many chances.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:24 am

Titus V. wrote:

1) No, I did not imply that you are the most scumread player on my read list. I simply meant that if somehow Nicolette was mafia, then you are most likely her partner, which means that in any circumstances you should be lynched before Nicolette.

2) How am I a hypocrite? I said in my read list on OO that "it could be his playing style. I understand because I sometimes play like that too". I admitted that I play similarly to him. If you think I only scumread OO because he only posted a readlist after you asked, you are ignoring all my other points regarding his neutralness in reading others, reluctant to push someone etc.

3) Yuzo is hard for me to read - his posts surely are good but I think he falls into the too "neutral category". I kinda ranked OO in regards to his scumminess, but Yuzo posts are not as townie as say you or Teaque in my opinion (and obviously Nicolette but he's on another level). So perhaps a better read would be OO > Yuzo, but considering almost no one wants OO lynched, I wouldn't mind Yuzo today.

4) Okay, firstly your understand about my reads on you IS WAY OFF. Let me explain
a) I NEVER MENTION YOU SHOULD BE LYNCHED. I MEANT THAT IF SOMEHOW TOWN REBELLED AGAINST NICOLETTE AND WANT TO LYNCH HIM, I WOULD ADVOCATE FOR YOU TO BE LYNCHED INSTEAD. WHY DO YOU ASSUME I WANT YOU DEAD WHEN I ALREADY SAID OO OR YUZO?

b)Why did I say this? THE FACT THAT I AM SAYING YOU ARE THE MILLER IS BECAUSE I ACTUALLY THINK YOU ARE TOWN. I SAID THAT BECAUSE I THINK MAFIA MUST HAVE INSPECTED YOU ALREADY, AND MANY ARE NOT LYNCHING YOU. FROM READING OTHER POSTS, MANY DO NOT SUSPECT YOU. THIS IS WHY I THINK THEY INSPECTED YOU AND GOT MAFIA. HOWEVER, INSTEAD OF SAYING YOU MUST BE MAFIA, I GAVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT AND SAID YOU ARE PROBABLY TOWN AND THUS MILLER. IF YOU THINK I AM SCUMREADING YOU, YOU ARE MISINTERPRETING THIS!

c) I NEVER WANTED TO LYNCH YOU TODAY. I ALWAYS SAID TEMPORARY. I NEVER WANTED TO LYNCH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE. CLEAR???

1) In what way would i be a partner of Nicolette? explain instead of just saying it

2) at no point did I say you only thought he was scum because of the readslist. I was saying that that point you made about him was something that you were guilty of too

3) That is still not evidence that Yuzo is scum. That suggests that you townread him, but less than Nicolette or Teaque. Surely it would be better to have him as 'leaning town' but no, instead you put him Equal to O.O
This suggests again that you got me as mafia, and you think i am your partner so you want to keep me alive

4a) my problem was the fact that I thought you scumread me in other reads, yet wanted O.O/Yuzo lynched.
Now that you have clarified what you said, i understand that that is not the case. I just really don't understand your whole miller thing

4b) Heres the problem with your argument. The only alive person that REALLY townreads me is Nicolette.
Teaque scumreads me, O.O is lynching me, you are neutral and nobody has a clue what Yuzo thinks.
You think I am miller because you think the mafia got me as mafia, and thats why they dont suspect me.
Therefore your argument is that you think one of the mafia is the universally townread Nicolette, who you townread in the post before. This is why you made up your argument on the spot, to cover your mess-up

4c) capiche
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:12 am

Marilyn M. wrote:
Titus V. wrote:

1) In what way would i be a partner of Nicolette? explain instead of just saying it
Your answered it yourself below in point 4b). Nicolette is the only person town-reading you and thus it's the simple logical choice to say that if nicolette is mafia then you are her partner. Since everyone respects Nicolette read right now, i doubt there is need for some wifomy bussing.

2) at no point did I say you only thought he was scum because of the readslist. I was saying that that point you made about him was something that you were guilty of too
I am guilty sure, but it doesn't necessarily make OO less scummy. I think you can make a clear point that my read list was much more detailed than his too.

3) That is still not evidence that Yuzo is scum. That suggests that you townread him, but less than Nicolette or Teaque. Surely it would be better to have him as 'leaning town' but no, instead you put him Equal to O.O
This suggests again that you got me as mafia, and you think i am your partner so you want to keep me alive Why would Yuzo be leaning town? He perfectly made sense at neutral. Also, he did the same thing I lynched you for: randomly unlynching day one. If I lynched you because of that, then I should use the same logic to scumread Yuzo too no? Since he had some good posts, he was my neutral read. Also your logic is false: If you really think I got you as mafia, then why would I shift plurality onto you when there was no need?

4a) my problem was the fact that I thought you scumread me in other reads, yet wanted O.O/Yuzo lynched.
Now that you have clarified what you said, i understand that that is not the case. I just really don't understand your whole miller thing

4b) Heres the problem with your argument. The only alive person that REALLY townreads me is Nicolette.
Teaque scumreads me, O.O is lynching me, you are neutral and nobody has a clue what Yuzo thinks.
You think I am miller because you think the mafia got me as mafia, and thats why they dont suspect me.
Therefore your argument is that you think one of the mafia is the universally townread Nicolette, who you townread in the post before. This is why you made up your argument on the spot, to cover your mess-up
I laugh reading this sort of theory sometimes cause I think it's cherry-picking information to fit a false theory.
If I do die, then it should be clear that this sort of scumhunting is prone to mistakes. Anyways, let me just tell you why I think this: Nicolette obviously townreads you, Yuzo doesn't outright scumread/townread you but did have some posts mentioning things like "Marilyn just says what she thinks which I think mafia won't", scumreading Linda over you (I think you were a better inspect target than Linda), Teaque went from having you 3rd as town to top as scum for reasons I am not sure (could try to gain town cred becuz he is actually lynching me). I would agree though that this thought wouldn't make much sense if OO is mafia (unless he didn't inspect you at all).

4c) capiche
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:15 am

Slightly mistake spotted in my reply to point 3):
"Why would I shift plurality on to you" is incorrect. Marilyn already had plurality, my point was - "If I inspected you as mafia, why do you think I would need to lynch you when you already had plurality?"
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:03 am

1) ok, you've cleared that up only NOW, after you claimed that Nicolette could be partners with me. However townreading someone doesnt really suggest partners that much. Why did you even bother including that part of the original post.

2) It doesnt make O.O less scummy. It makes you a hypocrite

3) Oh so now Yuzo is neutral is he? Then why on earth did you have him EQUAL to O.O as scummiest, AND you said you would lynch Yuzo, just to go with what Nicolette says.
If you are just going to follow others, and no provide your own lynches, then whats the point in you making reads

4) you didnt even defend what I said here. You literally just said what others thought of me in greater detail, and passed off my theory by saying it made you laugh, without saying anything wrong with it. My point still stands
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:05 am

Titus has suddenly become extremely active now that I scumread him, while he made basically no effort on day 2
Im going to steal Nicolettes scumread on Yuzo and say that on day 2 he was...

simply not paying attention, because they could afford to.

Now that they are a lynch target, he is paying alot of attention
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:14 am

Marilyn M. wrote:Titus

Having viewed your posts through your profile, I couldnt help but noticed the only thing you have done is talk about 2 scumtells, one of which had been mentioned before (though i do believe that you honestly missed it) and aside from that, spent 2 days tunnelling me based on a pathetic grasp of triggering your scumtell, which you yourself decided that I wasnt that scummy, and unlynched me

On top of you not really doing much, you triggered your OWN scumtell day 2

You lynched me day 2, and then you unlynched me
then you sat, not lynching, for an entire earthday, until the mafiaday ended
That, according to you, triggers your own scumtell of reluctance to lynch

And now, you have triggered your OTHER scumtell, sudden shift of reads

You unlynched me, saying you didnt think I was scummy. Day 3 comes, and boom you lynch me straight away

for doing nothing but tunnelling me, and being a hypocrite about his 2 other posts he made, i will
Lynch Titus V.

I was reading through day 3, and i couldnt find a single post showing Titus defending this post
He did say that his lynch on me was temporary, which I find stupid as reason behind a lynch.
Apart from that I've seen nothing
If you want an example of how he is a hypocrite with his first scumtell

ME on day 1: Unlynches someone
about 1 earthday passes
Lynches someone right before deadline

FITS SCUMTELL OF HOLDING LYNCH

TITUS on day 2: Unlynches someone (me)
about 1 earthday passes
Posts right before deadline, but doesnt lynch anyone

apparently doesnt fit scumtell of holding lynch?

Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:19 am

Whoops i missed something on point 3
If you really think I got you as mafia, then why would I shift plurality onto you when there was no need?
Because,
A: Like you said, that lynch was temporary sure it would switch plurality onto me, potentially lynching someone you see as a possible partner, but there were 3 earthdays left, with most of the players being active (though i do wish teaque could give some more thought onto what is happening as he has poofed) so obviously that wouldnt stay
B: It would distance you from me, if you were lynched and flipped as scum.
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:26 am

Marilyn M. wrote:Titus has suddenly become extremely active now that I scumread him, while he made basically no effort on day 2

The classic argument of activity. I was pretty sure I had good posts during Day 2. Heck, many people said I was definite town early day 2 because I posted a lot. If I had not post a lot, I would be lynched. If I post a lot, you would say something like this. Come up with something better.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:30 am

Marilyn M. wrote:
Marilyn M. wrote:Titus

Having viewed your posts through your profile, I couldnt help but noticed the only thing you have done is talk about 2 scumtells, one of which had been mentioned before (though i do believe that you honestly missed it) and aside from that, spent 2 days tunnelling me based on a pathetic grasp of triggering your scumtell, which you yourself decided that I wasnt that scummy, and unlynched me

On top of you not really doing much, you triggered your OWN scumtell day 2

You lynched me day 2, and then you unlynched me
then you sat, not lynching, for an entire earthday, until the mafiaday ended
That, according to you, triggers your own scumtell of reluctance to lynch

And now, you have triggered your OTHER scumtell, sudden shift of reads

You unlynched me, saying you didnt think I was scummy. Day 3 comes, and boom you lynch me straight away

for doing nothing but tunnelling me, and being a hypocrite about his 2 other posts he made, i will
Lynch Titus V.

I was reading through day 3, and i couldnt find a single post showing Titus defending this post
He did say that his lynch on me was temporary, which I find stupid as reason behind a lynch.
Apart from that I've seen nothing
If you want an example of how he is a hypocrite with his first scumtell

about 1 earthday passes

about 1 earthday passes

Oh. My. Goodness. I DID NOT lynch you because of this! I lynched you because you gave no reason why you unlynched Teaque! As for my case, we had like a whole page of discussion why I decided to unlynch you in the end Marilyn. It's not the same.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:33 am

Marilyn M. wrote: Whoops i missed something on point 3
If you really think I got you as mafia, then why would I shift plurality onto you when there was no need?
Because,
A: Like you said, that lynch was temporary sure it would switch plurality onto me, potentially lynching someone you see as a possible partner, but there were 3 earthdays left, with most of the players being active (though i do wish teaque could give some more thought onto what is happening as he has poofed) so obviously that wouldnt stay
B: It would distance you from me, if you were lynched and flipped as scum.

Point A doesn't make sense. You are trying to find reasons to justify your own theory, but you fail to recognize the motive behind the lynch. Why would it ever make sense for a mafia that knows a partner is scum to put a lynch on their partner when it does NOTHING? How would I know what others think?

Point B: Even if Point A was true, why do it so early? What good does it do to get a known scumpartner to turn AGAINST me by lynching them?
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:44 am

Marilyn M. wrote:1) ok, you've cleared that up only NOW, after you claimed that Nicolette could be partners with me. However townreading someone doesnt really suggest partners that much. Why did you even bother including that part of the original post.

2) It doesnt make O.O less scummy. It makes you a hypocrite

3) Oh so now Yuzo is neutral is he? Then why on earth did you have him EQUAL to O.O as scummiest, AND you said you would lynch Yuzo, just to go with what Nicolette says.
If you are just going to follow others, and no provide your own lynches, then whats the point in you making reads

4) you didnt even defend what I said here. You literally just said what others thought of me in greater detail, and passed off my theory by saying it made you laugh, without saying anything wrong with it. My point still stands

1) Because I wanted to do a "potential partners" for every person in the game, but I dropped it later on as I found it pretty meaning less.

2) I could have typed a silly reads if you wanted. But that's not me - I need time to write a good read list. And that is what I presented to you. I was busy later on in Day 2, so I didn't have time. And on Day 3 I try to type it as fast as I can.

3) Because while reading his posts, i got the same feeling as OO. Rather on the passive side, but did provide good reactions to other posts. I would put him as townier than OO if not the fact that he unlynched randomly on Day 1. I still find that a bit weird. That's why I put them at equal scumminess. I said I am indifferent to both of them being dead. If Nicolette didn't want to lynch Yuzo, I would still have lynched Yuzo or OO. It made no difference.

4) I can't react to your theory when the assumption of your theory relies on me being a cop. Like what should I say, "I know I can't inspect others, so your theory is false"? I gave my thoughts from a VT perspective. Furthermore, I already explained how others felt about you - which is the basis of why I think you are a miller.

Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:54 am

Teaque Q. wrote:Personally, I think Lila's shot was a really bullshit wifom read.

Secondly, I'm going to talk a bit about reads here.

Ok so, O O.'s sr on Marilyn is definitely justified in the sense that the theme is Separated Scum and she doesn't know all of her partners, which could explain lynch on Linda. (This also goes for Yuzo)

Just looking at the evidence, Titus would be obvious lynch today, being Mr. perfect to Linda, but then we delve in to the is she making her partner that obvious or not? The secondary option with this logic would be me, but I find it more likely that she tried to get me on her side so I wouldn't go back to my gutread on her (which worked, unfortunately.)

I cannot explain why Linda thinks of me in a certain way, since I am not her. However, I don't think we should care much about what the mafia said. In any case, I will try to explain why I don't think Linda inspected me night 1. Firstly, we had no interactions during Day 1. At all. I think it is highly unlikely for mafia to inspect a random person. I think they should be inspecting the person that they suspect or will lynch during the next day so they don't make mistakes. Since Linda never mentioned me at all, I do not believe that Linda inspected me and probably just followed the flow (of town reading me). If anything, I would have thought that you would have been a good inspect, since you lynched Linda and mentioned a good point against her.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:54 am

Titus V. wrote:
Marilyn M. wrote:Titus has suddenly become extremely active now that I scumread him, while he made basically no effort on day 2

The classic argument of activity. I was pretty sure I had good posts during Day 2. Heck, many people said I was definite town early day 2 because I posted a lot. If I had not post a lot, I would be lynched. If I post a lot, you would say something like this. Come up with something better.

I am referring to the last 2 days, where you dissapeared until the very end, where you made a post saying you couldnt really do much else at that point
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:57 am

Titus V. wrote:
Marilyn M. wrote:

about 1 earthday passes

about 1 earthday passes

Oh. My. Goodness. I DID NOT lynch you because of this! I lynched you because you gave no reason why you unlynched Teaque! As for my case, we had like a whole page of discussion why I decided to unlynch you in the end Marilyn. It's not the same.

Either way, both of these fit your scumtell that you made on day 1
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Yuzo K. wrote:
Okay lemme point out the many flaws in your argument.
I didn't "ignore" town directions. I was busy the first couple real days of day 2 and I mentioned that in my first post and ever since I came back I'd say I've been pretty active. More active than most "active" people day 2. But that also meant I had to read like 6 pages cause I had to refresh on day 1 stuff and so I think it'd make sense that I forgot and wasn't thinking of the vig cc thing at the moment of making the post. So yes I skimmed it the first time I read it because I wouldn't remember everything if I read all the details but I did go back and carefully read the significant posts.

Also yes I asked Lila why she shot Claudina not because I was "attracting attention to her" or whatever you claimed but because I found no day 1 evidence of Claudina seeming scum so I wanted to hear her explanation so I could provide my thought on it so she would hopefully not make the same flaw in thinking again. Just how most of us didn't see Hiroki as scum and she shot him.

I actually don't understand what part of me finding Linda as scum is scummy? I gave my opinion with actual examples where she was jumpy with lynches and she was trying way too hard to make reads and so I lynched her. The annoying posting style was not my primary reason I was simply expressing how painful it was to go through all her posts to show that I actually took the effort to. Plus the only other two at that point was O or Marilyn and I find Linda way scummier than both of them after going through their posts.

Also your whole idea that Lila and Linda were both being lynched for the wrong reason is flawed. I already said Lila's "slip" didn't seem like a slip to me but Linda's reasons for being lynched were not similar to her at all. I called her out for trying too hard, being too lynch happy and band wagoning with no personal opinion which I believe is reason enough considering it turned out to be true so it was not done for the wrong reasons.

Yuzo, thanks for providing this post. I want to hear your opinions on my scumtells since it was posted early on and you were not here: Do you think reluctance to lynch/lynching randomly at those without plurality is scummy?

Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:
Titus V. wrote:

I am referring to the last 2 days, where you dissapeared until the very end, where you made a post saying you couldnt really do much else at that point

Day 2 started on the bottom half of Page 3 and ended on the first half of Page 8. I did not disappear until the very end - I only started disappearing on Page 7 so I find your claim that I made "no effort" Day 2 unfair. (Unless you considering my defense against Nicolette, explaining my lynch and unlynch about you, some "advices" no effort). Also, activity is never a sign of scumminess. Both mafia and town want to live - if a town is being lynched don't you think they would defend themselves too?
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:
Titus V. wrote:
Marilyn M. wrote:

about 1 earthday passes

about 1 earthday passes

Either way, both of these fit your scumtell that you made on day 1

There's a difference between strictly following your scumtell and analysing posts for motives. Why would I lynch someone a few minutes before deadline? That's impulsive. Also, your lynch on Amelia was to save yourself so it should not be use as defense to prove that you are not willing to lynch.

Anyways, I will be taking a much needed break replying to you and I suggest you do the same so we can clear our heads a little bit. Perhaps when others come and see our situation we would get a clearer understanding of the situation rather than just going back and forth.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:19 pm

I agree, and I will leave after I quickly respond to that

Either way, what was stopping you from coming online and lynching someone earlier?
You certainly werent busy for 48 hours
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next