PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 30: Separated Scum

+11
Lila C.
Hiroki M.
Yuzo K.
Nicolette D.
Teaque Q.
Marilyn M.
Amelia E.
Linda G.
Claudina W.
Titus V.
ajhockeystar
15 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Game 30: Separated Scum - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 30: Separated Scum

Post by Nicolette D. Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:59 pm

I have a LOT of things to say.

First, wtf vig. Hiroki was probably one of the towniest players left in the game; literally any shot would've better than that one

Second, why did NOBODY react or respond to my accusation towards Linda, especially when I called out their "not vig" claim as scummy af, if not a potential slip? The reasoning that I saw for the Linda lynch was "they're the best option we have as of now" (correct me if i'm wrong on this, but will check), when we could've delved into so much analysis on their last post before they went awol. The only reason i didn't lynch them was because for this exact reason; i didn't want to lynch an afk and call it a day. My conclusion: the lynch on linda was not a town wagon.

Next, i'd like to explain why I told everyone to shut up about Lila. To give the short explanation first, it was so that scum wouldn't realize their optimal move going into the night. we were extremely lucky that Linda flipped roleblocker and not any other scum role, and it aggravates me more that the lynch on linda happened simply because it wasn't for the right reasons, or the right time (in that i wanted to pressure the hell out of linda to give us more hints on her buddies).  So what was scum's optimal play, you ask? I'll go ahead and explain. provided both the scum rb and scum vig survived d2, the play was for roleblocker to block Lila, and scum vig to idle. This is to prevent scum from potentially killing each other. If Lila were vig, the vigshot would be blocked, and scum vig would know to shoot them the following night. If Lila were the scum rb, they would try to snipe the vig and prevent their kill. If this works, the real vig would obviously claim out of necessity, and Lila would've been able to make a huge dent before going out. If no claim happens, Lila would out themselves as scum rb and out the vig in the process, giving the scum vig an easy shot the following night. Finally, if Lila were the scum vig, they claim one minute before deadline. This would have prevented scum rb from blocking them, and Lila could've made a shot. Any discussion involving Lila's vig claim/questioning their kill choices/Lila's reads could have revealed crucial info in the event that Lila was scum fakeclaiming vig Now this brings me to my next argument:

Yuzo. From the moment they've been "back", all they've done is be wishy-washy, provide copy-pastes of other people's reads, and ignore town directions. The first instance of this happened when they called for vig to cc Lila, when we obviously discussed this as a poor and unnecessary play. The second instance was when they blatantly ignored my call for everyone to shut the hell up concerning anything related to Lila. And it's not even like they questioned my request, or argued with me about it; blatantly ignored. I have two possible explanations for this, and both point at Yuzo being scum. My first explanation is that Yuzo is scum that wanted to make sure that Lila was the true vig, and not one of their partners that fakeclaimed vig to survive the night. This would explain why they called for vig to cc Lila, and would also explain why they tried to question Lila about their kill choice on Claudina. Posting their opinion on Lila being the real vig would have also helped them decipher if their assumptions were true, provided Lila responded to these accusations with anything. In this case, Yuzo could both be the scum vig, or just be a scum that was trying to help their partner make their kill. My second hypothesis is that they simply weren't paying attention, because they could afford to. They were afk for the first week and change because they could afford to, and nobody was pressuring them. This also explains why they were lurking, but not making any meaningful posts. Or any post for that matter. They probably only skimmed the posts that went on, because they had no need to actively scumhunt, which is probably why they missed our calls for vig to not cc in the event that someone else claims vig. We as town, however, let Yuzo go and wrapped it up as "afk not paying attention to the earlier parts of day 1", which was understandable at the time, since a lot of early d1 was filler/memes. But from a town perspective, every post counts, and should be dissected and scrutinized, and everyone should be pressured for everything they say. In retrospect, it makes no sense for a town player to be afk but not thoroughly read all of the content that has come up; Yuzo's defense for missing that first point wasn't "i forgot about that strat", it was "i'm bad and i didn't realize that post was there in the first place" (correct me if i'm wrong on this point). Missing my post about ignoring any discussion involving Lila further strengthens my point here, and points to Yuzo's posts regarding Lila's vigclaim/shots as an attempt to act towny and contribute to the discussion, but in actuality, became a slip. Remember when I said the Linda lynch was done for the wrong reasons? Well, guess who lynched Linda simply for being "scummiest" without providing specific examples, only noting their annoying posting style, and calling them the safest lynch? Yuzo.
lynch yuzo k. I rest my case.

Now onward to Teaque. I'll answer your questions first.
a)you're welcome for this "burst post" or whatever
b)in regards to my case against Titus, I mentioned that I tabled my sr on them, and was going to redouble my case against them today. Then Yuzo happened, which is why I haven't mentioned them yet. I still have a scumread on them, and i'll try to bring up my case back in a later post. I'll also explain that your hypothesis about me inspecting Titus is incorrect. I began my case against them early day 2, and I tabled that argument on the same day, so there hasn't been any time for me to inspect Titus and have flipped reads on them. If my followup case on Titus is weak/flip floppy, then I guess you could read me as having inspected Titus n2. But I haven't begun to reexamine that case, much less complete it.
Yes, I do agree that Titus is also a solid lynch, but not today. I have some questions about this, though: since when did you have a sr on Titus? When I pointed at my case towards Titus, you barely gave any sort of response to it, much less agree to it. And when Hiroki posted about Titus in reference to my case, it's not like you jumped in agreement there either. Your sudden shift in aggression toward a Titus lynch might be explained because of Hiroki's flip, and because they were the one that linked Titus and Linda together (at least, that's one big reason why I'd like to see a Titus flip soon. But you never once mentioned hiroki once in your post lynching titus, except when indirectly referencing them in regards to Lila's shot. so why are you changing your reads at this point?
I'd also like to mention how you've been cruising this entire game. Nobody has come out to pressure you, and you've just been "there" in the game, without making so much as a stance on anything. Yes, you've posted your readlist and whatnot, but is that so hard if you just read the discussion that's taken place and give your honest thoughts on it? I guess what i want to say is that your posts aren't indicative of active scumhunting, and is a big reason why I scumread you.

Like I said earlier, I will redouble my case against Titus, hopefully later in this day, but I'd like to reaffirm that my scumread on Titus still stands. If anything, they've dropped in activity as of late, and haven't made any "meaningful/insightful posts" as you guys love to call them. Maybe it's because he doesn't have any "advice" in regards to setup anymore? hmmm

Finally, on to O. O. and Marilyn: I think you two are going at each other's throats for no reason, and the O. O. vs Marilyn battle is a town v town battle that scum is egging on. I townread both of you based on how you two reacted to pressure - both Marilyn's response to that whole unlynch whatever shenanigans and O. O.'s defense basically against the entire world comes off as towny. so get off each other imo because i think you're going up against a fellow town player, and look at everyone else's actions. You two are my best townreads at the moment (ngl they aren't like rock solid trs or anything), and the two people that I would want to live on the farthest, especially because, in a lylo situation, you two have so much in interactions that I'll have more than enough info to make a decision between you two, though I don't think that'll happen for reasons aforementioned.

Based on my reads on everyone left in the game, I think the lynch order should be Yuzo - Teaque - Titus - Marilyn = O. O., with Yuzo getting lynched today.

I'd also like to preemptively answer one question you might have in regards to the scum optimal play with Lila's vig claim situation: you would be mistaken to scumread me for figuring out scum's optimal play. I think it's a good strategy to think in scum's eyes and evaluate everyone's actions based on that. Besides, as scum, I wouldn't have called for everyone to shut up about Lila in the first place, since nobody seemed to notice my hush-hush attempt in the first place; instead, I probably would've chimed in with Yuzo and promoted discussion on them for reasons aforementioned.
Nicolette D.
Nicolette D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:Titus

Having viewed your posts through your profile, I couldnt help but noticed the only thing you have done is talk about 2 scumtells, one of which had been mentioned before (though i do believe that you honestly missed it) and aside from that, spent 2 days tunnelling me based on a pathetic grasp of triggering your scumtell, which you yourself decided that I wasnt that scummy, and unlynched me

On top of you not really doing much, you triggered your OWN scumtell day 2

You lynched me day 2, and then you unlynched me
then you sat, not lynching, for an entire earthday, until the mafiaday ended
That, according to you, triggers your own scumtell of reluctance to lynch

And now, you have triggered your OTHER scumtell, sudden shift of reads

You unlynched me, saying you didnt think I was scummy. Day 3 comes, and boom you lynch me straight away

for doing nothing but tunnelling me, and being a hypocrite about his 2 other posts he made, i will
Lynch Titus V.

Oh... Who just said "I've never done a thing wrong in your life and you should know that" and lynch me in the next post? THEN you call me out for a sudden shift in reads? When you just said I tunnel you for 2 days. Good attempt at trying to coming up with reasons to justify your lynch, but let's face it, had I not lynch you, you wouldn't even lynch me. It just proves my point that I had to defend myself by lynching you first.

Seriously, if you can change your reads about me from town -> scum in 12 minutes, it show that you have not used much thought in your read-list. That's scummy. Plus, I even said that my lynch on you is temporary until I can be sure that town isn't laying back and doing nothing. The fact that you switched reads so quickly just because I lynched you is scummy.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolette D. Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:05 pm

in the light of recent posts, i would like to unlynch yuzo k. and lynch titus v. simply to place plurality back on titus. I don't want marilyn lynched today over a dumb plurality accident, since i think we're 1 away from plurhammering. on that note, EVERYONE UNLYNCH and give your opinions on my earlier post.
Nicolette D.
Nicolette D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Nicolette D. wrote:in the light of recent posts, i would like to unlynch yuzo k. and lynch titus v. simply to place plurality back on titus. I don't want marilyn lynched today over a dumb plurality accident, since i think we're 1 away from plurhammering. on that note, EVERYONE UNLYNCH and give your opinions on my earlier post.

I will do that on the condition that you unlynch me first. That would still keep the plurality on me anyways, so you shouldn't mind. However, if Teaque and Marilyn don't also honor this request, then I will not hesitate to lynch Marilyn again.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolette D. Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:09 pm

unlynch titus v.
i will give you 5 minutes
Nicolette D.
Nicolette D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Unlynch Marilyn

I have a code of honor that I don't break.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Titus V. wrote:
Marilyn M. wrote:Titus

Having viewed your posts through your profile, I couldnt help but noticed the only thing you have done is talk about 2 scumtells, one of which had been mentioned before (though i do believe that you honestly missed it) and aside from that, spent 2 days tunnelling me based on a pathetic grasp of triggering your scumtell, which you yourself decided that I wasnt that scummy, and unlynched me

On top of you not really doing much, you triggered your OWN scumtell day 2

You lynched me day 2, and then you unlynched me
then you sat, not lynching, for an entire earthday, until the mafiaday ended
That, according to you, triggers your own scumtell of reluctance to lynch

And now, you have triggered your OTHER scumtell, sudden shift of reads

You unlynched me, saying you didnt think I was scummy. Day 3 comes, and boom you lynch me straight away

for doing nothing but tunnelling me, and being a hypocrite about his 2 other posts he made, i will
Lynch Titus V.

Oh... Who just said "I've never done a thing wrong in your life and you should know that" and lynch me in the next post? THEN you call me out for a sudden shift in reads? When you just said I tunnel you for 2 days. Good attempt at trying to coming up with reasons to justify your lynch, but let's face it, had I not lynch you, you wouldn't even lynch me. It just proves my point that I had to defend myself by lynching you first.

Seriously, if you can change your reads about me from town -> scum in 12 minutes, it show that you have not used much thought in your read-list. That's scummy. Plus, I even said that my lynch on you is temporary until I can be sure that town isn't laying back and doing nothing. The fact that you switched reads so quickly just because I lynched you is scummy.

you appear to have misread/skimmed over my post AGAIN (first time was with your second scumtell)
LINDA was the one who said you had done nothing wrong, I just c/p'd her post instead of quoting because i was looking at the posts from Linda's profile, instead of fishing about for it in the thread. AND i mentioned this in that post. READ MY POSTS instead of skimming over them.

If I had no reason to lynch you, what reasoning did you have to lynch me? I gave my reasoning to lynch you, and what you are doing is throwing it aside, claiming i just used it as an excuse to lynch you. You lynched me with ZERO reason, other than that you didnt want to be plurshifted onto. That would be understandable if we werent a quarter of the way into day 3

This post i am quoting can be cast aside, as it only exists because you were lazy, and didnt care enough about lynching scum to read and understand my entire post. This is exactly what Nicolette JUST said she scumread Yuzo for, and this is the second time you have been guilty of it
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:17 pm

as much as I regret it, I shall

Unlynch Titus

Though i dont understand why everyone has to do it just to stop plurhammer Nicolette
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:29 pm

I must admit that I misread your post, but you have to admit that you wouldn't lynch me if I didn't lynch you.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:31 pm

One more thing on Titus. The reason your scumtell, a sudden shift in reads, is more of a scumtell in this theme than others, is because mafia traitors all have a cop inspect. Your scumtell only counts if the reads change overnight. Atleast thats what my opinion on the scumtell is.
The fact that you are using a scumtell out of context, as the 2 posts you were referring to were on the same day (although one of them was the opinion of someone else, as I said earlier) shows that YOU are the one desperate for reasons to lynch me, not the other way round

@titus
@yuzo

since neither of you have done it yet, what are your opinions on all the alive players

@nicolette
@O

I'm not pursuing my scumread on O.O
as I said yesterday (before Titus tries to make some bullshit again about his scumtell) O.O convinced me that he wasnt scum, so I unlynched him.

Town ----> mafia

Nicolette -> teaque -> O -> Yuzo -> Titus
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Titus, this isnt a "I do this if you do that" situation
This is a "I think you are scum, you have no reason to think I am scum" situation
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolette D. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:39 pm

i'd like to point out that titus's "you wouldn't have lynched me if i didn't lynch you" reasoning is scummy af and doesnt even count as defense
also i was mainly pointing at O. O. when i said back off, as they immediately lynched you today.
and the "everyone unlynch" was because 5 people had voted at that point, and yuzo's lynch would've been plurhammer. i said everyone because i found the situation pretty desperate
Nicolette D.
Nicolette D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:O O. - Certainly hasnt done much for the game, but their are better options. Neutral/Leaning scum
Linda G. - Made a large post with nice content, but in general was just pro-Titus+Lila and Anti-O (now that I say that I realise my post was mainly Anti-Lila but whatevs) Neutral
Yuzo/Nicolette -  who? - neutral
Hiroki M.- Made one good post, but apart from that, who?- Neutral, leaning town
Teaque - *tips fedora* m'townread, m'reusing joke- town
Lila - Hasnt done much to the game, and didnt know there were traitors, potentially for towncred. Scum
Titus - Is awesome, has done nothing but have good ideas in his posts, should pick me over linda- Town

Furthermore, I was confused about your readlist because you said something similar before. Actually let me just analyze this: this post implies that I am quite town to you. As time past, I pressured you and we had some arguments. However, I believe you did not scumread me much because you said this when replying to hiroki "Titus lynched me fairly early in the day. People shouldnt be expected to jump straight back onto their day 1 lynches immediately once day began, so i'd say your part on Titus has some stuff but the stuff I didnt delete (to make it shorter before you start accusing me of anything) is null". This seems like she didn't think i was scum.

not long after that we have this from Marilyn: Scum to town: Lila, O.O, Linda, Titus, Yuzo, TQ, Nicolette, Hiroki. The fact that she put me before Yuzo, who at that point did not have much posts, made me believe that she believed a lot of what Nicolette said about me. It should be noted that she didn't explicitly say why I moved down so far other than some defenses against my accusations. Then today, she said I was top at scum. You could see the gradual change in this. Sure, she may have provided reasons, but I believe she is going with the flow.

When everyone praised my posts --> She thought I was town.

When Nicolette started to criticize my posts --> She moved me to "neutral area".

When there is momentum on my bandwagon --> She said I was top at scum.

Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Nicolette D. wrote:i'd like to point out that titus's "you wouldn't have lynched me if i didn't lynch you" reasoning is scummy af and doesnt even count as defense
also i was mainly pointing at O. O. when i said back off, as they immediately lynched you today.
and the "everyone unlynch" was because 5 people had voted at that point, and yuzo's lynch would've been plurhammer. i said everyone because i found the situation pretty desperate

I don't think it's a defense, I just don't like it when someone doesn't scum read you at all until you lynch them and somehow they are panicking over a lynch when I explicitly state that it WAS TEMPORARY until I compose my readlist which I will try to convince town another target. Jeez. I just didn't want another situation of Marilyn plurshifting on me while town just died due to vacation or sth (it happened before.)
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:51 pm

It's not panicking, its scumreading. Plus that readslist was made about 4 earthdays ago. If people provide reads against someone, and i agree with what they said. Should i be expected to pretend I hadnt read those reads, and keep the same read on you as before. Of course not.
I had you about even on scumlist, and you were scummier than Yuzo, which was essentially neutral ground, making you leaning scum. It was only when i noticed that you lynched me today that I realised you triggered your own scumtell, as you had previously stated that you didnt scumread me just at the end of yesterday. This caused me to go through your posts, when i noticed everything I have previously mentioned
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:It's not panicking, its scumreading. Plus that readslist was made about 4 earthdays ago. If people provide reads against someone, and i agree with what they said. Should i be expected to pretend I hadnt read those reads, and keep the same read on you as before. Of course not.
I had you about even on scumlist, and you were scummier than Yuzo, which was essentially neutral ground, making you leaning scum. It was only when i noticed that you lynched me today that I realised you triggered your own scumtell, as you had previously stated that you didnt scumread me just at the end of yesterday. This caused me to go through your posts, when i noticed everything I have previously mentioned

Do you realize that I didn't lynch you because I think you were scummy and I had full intentions of unlynching you if town agreed on another target?
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:It's not panicking, its scumreading. Plus that readslist was made about 4 earthdays ago. If people provide reads against someone, and i agree with what they said. Should i be expected to pretend I hadnt read those reads, and keep the same read on you as before. Of course not.

Yuzo had legit no posts at that point, can you explain what you mean I was scummier than Yuzo?
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:58 pm

It's day 3. Not RVS stage. If you are going to lynch someone, do it because you scumread them, not because you feel like you should make sure plurality isnt on you In the first earthday of a 4 earthday mafiaday
Looking at the players, I can basically guarantee that Myself, O.O, Teaque, and Nicolette will be posting frequently enough to unlynch if they change their mind today. So you were just reluctantly hoping to get a lynch off on a player that had a lynch on them and that people would bandwagon with you
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Titus V. wrote:

Yuzo had legit no posts at that point, can you explain what you mean I was scummier than Yuzo?

Are you suggesting that someone with no posts should be the top of everyone's scumlist

If so, why arent you scumreading Nicolette, Teaque, O.O Or YOURSELF, since all these players had Yuzo in the middle, and you seemed keener to lynch me based from me unlynching someone, than lynching yuzo
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:It's day 3. Not RVS stage. If you are going to lynch someone, do it because you scumread them, not because you feel like you should make sure plurality isnt on you In the first earthday of a 4 earthday mafiaday
Looking at the players, I can basically guarantee that Myself, O.O, Teaque, and Nicolette will be posting frequently enough to unlynch if they change their mind today. So you were just reluctantly hoping to get a lynch off on a player that had a lynch on them and that people would bandwagon with you

Nope. Not at all. Why would I explictly state that it was temporary and gave reasoning that it was to protect against plurality? If I did that and hadn't unlynch, that would be a death sentence. I also can't guarantee anyone's activity because this is not my first psanon and some people activity's just DROP from 100 to 0 from experience. Maybe their laptop broke or they go on vacation. Anyways it happened before.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:
Titus V. wrote:

Are you suggesting that someone with no posts should be the top of everyone's scumlist

If so, why arent you scumreading Nicolette, Teaque, O.O Or YOURSELF, since all these players had Yuzo in the middle, and you seemed keener to lynch me based from me unlynching someone, than lynching yuzo

No but at least you could said no reads on Yuzo. I looked back at what you said about me and you didn't have any posts explictly stating why I went from town --> leaning scum other than some defensive posts against my accusation. If you put Yuzo who had maybe 3 informative posts as more townier than I am, there must be a reason I drop that far.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn M. Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm not seeing it as Yuzo townier than you. Im seeing it as you scummier than Yuzo. Now instead of critisizing others opinions, provide your own opinions on who is town, who is mafia, and who is inbetween. Because all i can get is that you think I'm mafia. I've not seen an opinion on anybody else
Marilyn M.
Marilyn M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus V. Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Marilyn M. wrote:I'm not seeing it as Yuzo townier than you. Im seeing it as you scummier than Yuzo. Now instead of critisizing others opinions, provide your own opinions on who is town, who is mafia, and who is inbetween. Because all i can get is that you think I'm mafia. I've not seen an opinion on anybody else

Of course, I am preparing a read list on another tab right now. Don't you realize I have been online all this time? Anyways you still have not mention why I am scummier than Yuzo/why Yuzo is townier than me. If you could say why, it would be very nice.
Titus V.
Titus V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzo K. Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Nicolette D. wrote:Yuzo. From the moment they've been "back", all they've done is be wishy-washy, provide copy-pastes of other people's reads, and ignore town directions. The first instance of this happened when they called for vig to cc Lila, when we obviously discussed this as a poor and unnecessary play. The second instance was when they blatantly ignored my call for everyone to shut the hell up concerning anything related to Lila. And it's not even like they questioned my request, or argued with me about it; blatantly ignored. I have two possible explanations for this, and both point at Yuzo being scum. My first explanation is that Yuzo is scum that wanted to make sure that Lila was the true vig, and not one of their partners that fakeclaimed vig to survive the night. This would explain why they called for vig to cc Lila, and would also explain why they tried to question Lila about their kill choice on Claudina. Posting their opinion on Lila being the real vig would have also helped them decipher if their assumptions were true, provided Lila responded to these accusations with anything. In this case, Yuzo could both be the scum vig, or just be a scum that was trying to help their partner make their kill. My second hypothesis is that they simply weren't paying attention, because they could afford to. They were afk for the first week and change because they could afford to, and nobody was pressuring them. This also explains why they were lurking, but not making any meaningful posts. Or any post for that matter. They probably only skimmed the posts that went on, because they had no need to actively scumhunt, which is probably why they missed our calls for vig to not cc in the event that someone else claims vig. We as town, however, let Yuzo go and wrapped it up as "afk not paying attention to the earlier parts of day 1", which was understandable at the time, since a lot of early d1 was filler/memes. But from a town perspective, every post counts, and should be dissected and scrutinized, and everyone should be pressured for everything they say. In retrospect, it makes no sense for a town player to be afk but not thoroughly read all of the content that has come up; Yuzo's defense for missing that first point wasn't "i forgot about that strat", it was "i'm bad and i didn't realize that post was there in the first place" (correct me if i'm wrong on this point). Missing my post about ignoring any discussion involving Lila further strengthens my point here, and points to Yuzo's posts regarding Lila's vigclaim/shots as an attempt to act towny and contribute to the discussion, but in actuality, became a slip. Remember when I said the Linda lynch was done for the wrong reasons? Well, guess who lynched Linda simply for being "scummiest" without providing specific examples, only noting their annoying posting style, and calling them the safest lynch? Yuzo.
lynch yuzo k. I rest my case.

Okay lemme point out the many flaws in your argument.
I didn't "ignore" town directions. I was busy the first couple real days of day 2 and I mentioned that in my first post and ever since I came back I'd say I've been pretty active. More active than most "active" people day 2. But that also meant I had to read like 6 pages cause I had to refresh on day 1 stuff and so I think it'd make sense that I forgot and wasn't thinking of the vig cc thing at the moment of making the post. So yes I skimmed it the first time I read it because I wouldn't remember everything if I read all the details but I did go back and carefully read the significant posts.

Also yes I asked Lila why she shot Claudina not because I was "attracting attention to her" or whatever you claimed but because I found no day 1 evidence of Claudina seeming scum so I wanted to hear her explanation so I could provide my thought on it so she would hopefully not make the same flaw in thinking again. Just how most of us didn't see Hiroki as scum and she shot him.

I actually don't understand what part of me finding Linda as scum is scummy? I gave my opinion with actual examples where she was jumpy with lynches and she was trying way too hard to make reads and so I lynched her. The annoying posting style was not my primary reason I was simply expressing how painful it was to go through all her posts to show that I actually took the effort to. Plus the only other two at that point was O or Marilyn and I find Linda way scummier than both of them after going through their posts.

Also your whole idea that Lila and Linda were both being lynched for the wrong reason is flawed. I already said Lila's "slip" didn't seem like a slip to me but Linda's reasons for being lynched were not similar to her at all. I called her out for trying too hard, being too lynch happy and band wagoning with no personal opinion which I believe is reason enough considering it turned out to be true so it was not done for the wrong reasons.
Yuzo K.
Yuzo K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolette D. Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Yuzo K. wrote:
Okay lemme point out the many flaws in your argument.
I didn't "ignore" town directions. I was busy the first couple real days of day 2 and I mentioned that in my first post and ever since I came back I'd say I've been pretty active. More active than most "active" people day 2. But that also meant I had to read like 6 pages cause I had to refresh on day 1 stuff and so I think it'd make sense that I forgot and wasn't thinking of the vig cc thing at the moment of making the post. So yes I skimmed it the first time I read it because I wouldn't remember everything if I read all the details but I did go back and carefully read the significant posts.

Also yes I asked Lila why she shot Claudina not because I was "attracting attention to her" or whatever you claimed but because I found no day 1 evidence of Claudina seeming scum so I wanted to hear her explanation so I could provide my thought on it so she would hopefully not make the same flaw in thinking again. Just how most of us didn't see Hiroki as scum and she shot him.

I actually don't understand what part of me finding Linda as scum is scummy? I gave my opinion with actual examples where she was jumpy with lynches and she was trying way too hard to make reads and so I lynched her. The annoying posting style was not my primary reason I was simply expressing how painful it was to go through all her posts to show that I actually took the effort to. Plus the only other two at that point was O or Marilyn and I find Linda way scummier than both of them after going through their posts.

Also your whole idea that Lila and Linda were both being lynched for the wrong reason is flawed. I already said Lila's "slip" didn't seem like a slip to me but Linda's reasons for being lynched were not similar to her at all. I called her out for trying too hard, being too lynch happy and band wagoning with no personal opinion which I believe is reason enough considering it turned out to be true so it was not done for the wrong reasons.

Don't go around saying "oh, I was active day 2 and all" when you know that part isn't a significant part of my argument at all! Besides, you may have been "active", but all you were doing was being a presence in the forum, and not actually actively seeking out who scum is. All you did is give reads on players/chime in with your opinion; you never made an effort to scrutinize and question people based on what they said. I still stand by what i said when I say "town players would pay attention to every post made, and read/reread to find potential scumtells", even if you're inactive for the first few days of the game. I myself only came back at day 2, but I made sure to pay attention to what everyone said, and even opened up by pointing out what I thought was scummy (Titus). And what did you do? You stalled for quite the time before actually doing anything, and end up missing the part about vig not ccing when someone claims (this was done over a span of several posts, and people actually argued over this early day 1, hard to miss on a skim imo). Not only could that "mishap" been costly for town, I read your inadequate backreading in d1 itself as an anti-town play, because, like I said before, you could afford to do so as scum.

You still have yet to explain why you missed my post in late d2, when i told everyone to shut up about Lila. Making a post about Lila, even when someone else gave explicit directions not to, is inherently scummy; how do you explain that? It was obvious that I had something in mind when I gave that direction, but you didn't even bother to ask why before attempting to ask Lila questions. The result isn't what I'm scumreading you for; it's the attempt at initiating discussion with Lila when another player said not to, without even discussing it with the original poster. Your intentions in questioning Lila, which i think are full of crap in the first place, don't even matter in this argument at all, and doesn't suffice as an argument against mine. Your activity excuse doesn't work here, because you were already active then. And I won't let you say you disagreed with my suggestion, because nowhere in the chat did you ever express such dissent.

Nowhere in my argument did I say that the Lila lynch was for bs reasoning, only the Linda lynch, since nobody reacted or responded to my earlier post when I called out Linda's "not vig" claim as scummy.(honestly lowkey pissed at everyone else for literally ignoring that post ;Wink  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you misread my post or something to talk about a Lila lynch or whatever. The "oh annoying posting style wasn't even a reason to lynch" argument is literally just another example of you attacking borderline-irrelevant details of my argument that essentially don't even matter to my overall argument, since i was moreso calling you out on having weak reasoning in general - you're just trying to make my argument seem weaker, when you aren't actually doing anything to disprove my points. Everyone's lynched Linda for different reasons, but yours was by far the weakest:

Yuzo K. wrote:Lila C.:
Fairly certain she's the real vig mainly and I never completely understood the reasoning people had for her "scum slip" cause I personally thought only an ignorant/new player townie would say mafia knew each other so even before she claimed vig I was skeptical.
Plus, I feel like mafia would have no business counter claiming vig cause sure they'll avoid getting lynched that day but since they don't know their partners they'd risk lynching their partner AND getting shot at night so it doesn't make much sense for mafia to claim vig.

Marilyn M.: Apart from your argument for Lila being scum being a little holey, I'm not getting many scummy vibes at the moment. Mostly cause you argue your points well without seeming lynch happy or defensive. Also you jump to conclusions and make a lot of accusations and though some of them don't make sense to me I don't think mafia would be brave enough to do that but I'll look more into my read on you tomorrow.

Linda G.- ngl most of day 1 I was just annoyed with the way you posted (super annoying and very long) which pretty much just continued day and yes I took the time and effort to read those terrible posts and so much filler help. Plus I feel like a lot of your posts just restate things youve already said or just state the obvious which isn't particularly scummy on its own but it makes it seem like you're trying too hard.
Plus I've read that one post about O and Titus like three times and I still don't understand your argument? Maybe I'm dumb but I don't know what scum slip you're talking about or why you keep backing up Titus.
Overall I find you scummier than anyone else at the moment due to lack of proper arguments and filler posts that seem like you're trying too hard which is why I think it's the best lynch for today.

Lynch Linda

I don't have too much to say about others just yet I'll continue my reads tomorrow.

Your argument for lynching Linda is embarrassingly weak. You spout things like "filler posts" and "lack of proper arguments" when you yourself don't present much of an argument against them - to me, this reeks of scum putting together seemingly convincing arguments that actually lack substance in order to encourage a wagon. You literally say "I think it's the best lynch for today", not "i'm convinced they're scum!"

I also strongly dislike how you pick and choose which parts of my post you're going to answer, and ignore the parts you can't. Why did you say that you "thought Lila was the true vig" in this same post, making it easier for scum vig to shoot? And go on for lengths about that when I literally said not to? Have you even commented on my 2 possible theories as to why you've made such a play, much less attempt to debunk it? Are you going to explain why you ignored my directions and attempted to talk with Lila anyways? You don't even attempt to quote yourself on posts that highlight your scumhunting throughout the day in order to argue that my statement "you made wishy-washy statements and posted copy-pastes of other peoples' reads" was wrong!
It should be safe now for me to lynch yuzo k. i want everyone's opinion on this, like always. and like, i mean it. because nobody actually comments to my posts oml
Nicolette D.
Nicolette D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next