PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 19: Star-Crossed

+5
Sylvester S.
Clark the Conductor
Lara C.
Forrest G.
Misato O.
9 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Game 19: Star-Crossed - Page 10 Empty Re: Game 19: Star-Crossed

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Scumreads:

Yosuke because of his actions makes the top of my list
Forrest in the middle because of his inactivity that matches Clark's pattern, and his sub-outs actions.
Mateo on the bottom because he's actually trying to catch up and make posts.

Misato is 99.999999% town IME, and of course FMPOV I'm 100% town. I'm really flippy between Yosuke and Forrest though.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:21 pm

Lara C. wrote:Unlynch Forrest Gumpers, Lynch Yosuke D.

Just for rn. Your push for me to switch lynches at the end of the day yesterday with no reasoning, along with not trusting me and not remembering that you as mafia is a possibility, is making you seem extraordinarily scummy.

Lara C. wrote:Scumreads:

Forrest in the middle because of his inactivity that matches Clark's pattern, and his sub-outs actions.

Misato is 99.999999% town IME, and of course FMPOV I'm 100% town. I'm really flippy between Yosuke and Forrest though.

"FMPOV IM 100% TOWN"
DID YOU EVEN CONSIDER THIS WHEN YOU TALKED ABOUT MY ACTIONS
APPARENTLY NOT
YOU ALSO DID NOT RESPOND TO MY CLARIFICATION ABOUT "PUSHING" FOR AN NL
AND YOU ARE ALSO NOT PROVIDING ANY REASONS THAT MISATO IS TOWN

LIKE YOU ARE STILL MOST PROBABLY TOWN UNLESS YOU MADE A REALLY BALLSY MOVE THAT I CANT SEE MAKING SENSE STILL, AND IF YOU ARE TOWN THEN YOU ARE REALLY THROWING THE GAME AWAY BY ACTING LIKE THIS
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Yosuke D. wrote:

Just for rn. Your push for me to switch lynches at the end of the day yesterday with no reasoning, along with not trusting me and not remembering that you as mafia is a possibility, is making you seem extraordinarily scummy.

"FMPOV IM 100% TOWN"
APPARENTLY NOT

LIKE YOU ARE STILL MOST PROBABLY TOWN UNLESS YOU MADE A REALLY BALLSY MOVE THAT I CANT SEE MAKING SENSE STILL, AND IF YOU ARE TOWN THEN YOU ARE REALLY THROWING THE GAME AWAY BY ACTING LIKE THIS

I have nothing NEW to scumhunt off of right now. Your actions have been scummy, and I've already given reasoning on Forrest 1 and Forrest 2, as well as mild reads on Mateo. I recognize it wasn't a "push" on me per se, but it was a push away from Clark, covered up by asking (I forget who it was oops) to hop off me. I still have you at the top of my scum list and Misato at the bottom, with Forrest and Mateo jumbled in the middle.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:45 pm

IVE LITERALLY ALREADY STATED WHY EACH ACTION WASNT SCUMMY
IM NOT SEEING HOW YOU CAN GET THAT IM PUSHING A LYNCH OFF OF CLARK WHEN I DIDNT GIVE ANY SPECIAL RECOGNITION TO EITHER LYNCHER/LYNCHEE
AND I ASKED THAT IN THE FORM OF A QUESTION, I WASNT TELLING YOU TO UNLYNCH
IF YOU ARE GOING TO LYNCH ME, GET SOME GOOD REASONING

AND YOU ARE STILL NOT EXPLAINING IN THE SLIGHTEST AS TO WHY MISATO IS TOWN
POINT OUT AT LEAST ONE POST THAT POINTS OUT THE ATTITUDE IN HER POSTS THAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT

LIKE FOR EXAMPLE AT THE MOMENT I BELIEVE MATEO IS TOWN
AND IF YOU WANTED ME TO EXPLAIN IT I COULD VERY EASILY (BUT IM NOT PUTTING IN THE EXTRA EFFORT UNLESS YOU WANT SOME KIND OF EXAMPLE)
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Yosuke D. wrote:IVE LITERALLY ALREADY STATED WHY EACH ACTION WASNT SCUMMY
IM NOT SEEING HOW YOU CAN GET THAT IM PUSHING A LYNCH OFF OF CLARK WHEN I DIDNT GIVE ANY SPECIAL RECOGNITION TO EITHER LYNCHER/LYNCHEE
AND I ASKED THAT IN THE FORM OF A QUESTION, I WASNT TELLING YOU TO UNLYNCH
IF YOU ARE GOING TO LYNCH ME, GET SOME GOOD REASONING

AND YOU ARE STILL NOT EXPLAINING IN THE SLIGHTEST AS TO WHY MISATO IS TOWN
POINT OUT AT LEAST ONE POST THAT POINTS OUT THE ATTITUDE IN HER POSTS THAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT

LIKE FOR EXAMPLE AT THE MOMENT I BELIEVE MATEO IS TOWN
AND IF YOU WANTED ME TO EXPLAIN IT I COULD VERY EASILY (BUT IM NOT PUTTING IN THE EXTRA EFFORT UNLESS YOU WANT SOME KIND OF EXAMPLE)

Following Sylvester's math idea, at least a little bit, for one thing.

Sure, please, give me example's of Mateo's towniness.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Mateo P. wrote:even tho i gave a perfectly valid reason (he's an imposter!!!) about why i lynched sylvester on day 1, people seem to think otherwise so ill explain more. most of what I'm about to say has already been reiterated like 100 times by everyone but whatever. first off: mafia is a game of psychology. we all have our own views on what a scummy play is. as a result, plays become very open for interpretation and to reach a general consensus on what is scummy and what deserves a lynch, there has to be either a shared perspective on the play from the majority of the players, or simply just fact we know to be true (which is not present in this setup.) having said that, it is extremely hard to have an equal view as i stated before, we all have different interpretations. we have trouble enough agreeing on a lynch in these kind of setups, we can't afford to argue every time someone requests a teit be added to someone. mafia is just too open ended for a system like that.

one thing we've done reasonably well (compared to game 20 and 21 lol what a bunch of noobs) is that there hasn't been that one person that takes over and leads everything, the discussion for the most part has been contributed to by several people. I think the key for us to win is to abuse the fact that town and mafia are on equal ground in regards to communication. If we can all contribute (hypocrite i know) and actively respond to one another, it will be painfully hard for both mafia to decide on a person that stands out a lot as a target.

FIRST OFF, WHY POINT OUT THAT HAVING A TOWN LEADER IS BAD WHEN ITS LITERALLY ONE OF THE BEST WAYS FOR MAFIA TO WIN A GAME?
THAT AND THE FACT THAT HE IS ABLE TO ACTUALLY BACK UP EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS POINTS WITH SOMETHING/ARGUE THEM IF THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT BELIEVE WHAT HE SAYS MAKE HIM LOOK TOWNIE TO ME

Mateo P. wrote:okay well I was going to do the same as Lara but I'll hold off on actually lynching for now.

For now however, I'm going to say why I think Yosuke is the scum.
first off, yes this is very out of the blue as ive shown 0 suspicion towards him the entire game (in the chat, i have never come close to dismissing him as scum possibility in my mind). however, recent actions particularly last day and today have made me change my mind.
before i talk about the last few days, i just want to point something out that may have slipped thru peoples minds. why is he typing in all caps? let me ask you all a question. when you read yosuke's messages, do you get the same feeling as when you read anyone elses? no, we dont consciously recognize it but there is a difference on how we read it based on how it is formatted. i find it harder to read yosuke because of this formatting and i think he is aware of it as well. therefore, if he accidentally says something weird or scummy, it might not be taken as seriously if he had written normally. this could be a complete misunderstanding as yosuke will probably say but also something to take into account. mafia do not like to be closely inspected, although one might argue all caps formatting may generate more attention, it actually makes us take content less seriously.

okay onto more solid reads lol:
as town, why would you ever dismiss someone as mafia in a setup with no prs. ive said in my first post, we do not have access to actual fact, we have to rely on scumhunting. therefore, knowing this, if you are town you will always regard everyone as a possibility to be scum. yes lara did lynch clark but keep in mind if she is mafia, that is not a hard bus. clark wasn't someone that was actively participating, he said like 2 things. this kind of bussing is relatively easy to do, as 1. you don't want an inactive partner 2. you are willing to bus on someone that doesn't do shit for you in exchange for trust from the town members. had clark been someone like yosuke, i guarantee likely-hood of lara being mafia would b much much smaller. however, this is not the case so yeah.

just put yourself in yosukes shoes imagining he is the mafia. what do you stand to gain by saying lara is confirmed? well, if i was mafia, lara is probably the last person in this game i would want to push a lynch against. by saying lara is "confirmed" you can shift gears on someone else that will be harder to beat while also possibility gaining the trust of lara.  

now put yourself in yosuke's shoes imagining you are town. does it really make sense what he said if he really indeed is town? why would you dismiss someone you previously had suspicions about all because she led a lynch on a inactive. really, anyone could have done so making a bus play not out of the question in any case.

i had more thoughts but i forgot about them, may write more if i remember ok pce nerds

HERE HES NOT STRAIGHT UP LYNCHING ME TO BASICALLY ENSURE THAT I WOULD BE LYNCHED, AND HE BRINGS UP EVERY POINT HE CAN THINK OF, EVEN IF THEY CAN BE STRUCK DOWN REALLY EASILY/IF THEY ARE COMPLETELY INSIGNIFICANT
MOST (YES, MOST, NOT ALL) MAFIA PLAYERS ARENT GOING TO CREATE LARGE ARGUMENTS AND WILL TRY AND KEEP THINGS SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT SO THAT PEOPLE CAN EASILY UNDERSTAND & AGREE WITH THEM AND MATEO DID THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THAT

Mateo P. wrote:ok i dont know how to quote but for ur first reply: like i said it could be something completely trivial but i wanted to throw out everything in my mind

second reply: okay like i said clark has done shit all game. yes getting rid of a mafia partner during mylo is bad in many cases, but if you weigh the benefits, you can see why that play might be made. also, being a lone mafia in later stages in this setup does have its benefits. you no longer have to rely on your partner to get a night kill. meaning you can pressure town to lynch instead of nling and banking on mafia missing target. this means it gives town less time to obtain reads. yes this alone is probably a bad reason to bus your partner but considering who one of the mafia was, it isn't terribly bad.

third reply: yes i understand what you mean which is why i said possibly gain the trust of lara

AGAIN, HES DEFENDING HIS POINTS PROPERLY MEANING HE ACTUALLY HAD REASON TO BRING THEM UP (SO HE ACTUALLY LOOKED AT AND ANALYZED POSTS PROPERLY) INSTEAD OF JUST RANDOMLY THROWING SHADE AT A TARGET HE THINKS IS EASY TO LYNCH
AND HE BRINGS IN NEW VIEWS WHICH IS SOMETHING MAFIA TRY TO AVOID
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:03 pm

AND YOU ARE STILL NOT ARGUING HOW MY ACTIONS ARE SCUMMY
LIKE IF YOU THINK I WAS PRESSURING YOU TO UNLYNCH WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY NOT PRESSURING FORREST AS HARD EXPLAIN HOW EXACTLY MY POST DID THAT
AND IF YOU THINK ITS SCUMMY I DISCOUNTED MYSELF AS MAFIA WHY IS IT NOT SCUMMY WHEN YOU DID THE EXACT SAME THING
LYNCHING ME FOR NOT TRUSTING YOU IS STUPID AND THERES LITERALLY NO POINT IN ARGUING THAT
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Yosuke D. wrote:AND YOU ARE STILL NOT ARGUING HOW MY ACTIONS ARE SCUMMY
LIKE IF YOU THINK I WAS PRESSURING YOU TO UNLYNCH WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY NOT PRESSURING FORREST AS HARD EXPLAIN HOW EXACTLY MY POST DID THAT
AND IF YOU THINK ITS SCUMMY I DISCOUNTED MYSELF AS MAFIA WHY IS IT NOT SCUMMY WHEN YOU DID THE EXACT SAME THING
LYNCHING ME FOR NOT TRUSTING YOU IS STUPID AND THERES LITERALLY NO POINT IN ARGUING THAT

Aren't you the one who said I was confirmed?

I don't have the time at the moment to run through all of your posts and analyze them, but your ALL CAPS ATTITUDE harkens to those of Spieky and Whimsicott-Mega who use the same sort of troll method hide their scumminess - people don't look past the caps to the underlying scum factors.

I fell back off that post - disregard the points I made about your unlynch post. Chill.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Lara C. wrote:

I don't have the time at the moment to run through all of your posts and analyze them, but your ALL CAPS ATTITUDE harkens to those of Spieky and Whimsicott-Mega who use the same sort of troll method hide their scumminess - people don't look past the caps to the underlying scum factors.

I fell back off that post - disregard the points I made about your unlynch post. Chill.

I DID BUT NOTE THAT YOU SAID "FMPOV" WHICH IS THE IMPORTANT PART
BESIDES I RETRACTED THAT YOU'RE COMPLETELY CONFIRMED AFTER MATEO BROUGHT UP AND SUPPORTED THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU COULD BE SCUM

TAKE THE TIME TO ANALYZE MY POSTS - SAYING THAT MY ALL CAPS POSTING IS TROLLY AND SCUMMY WITHOUT ACTUALLY READING THE CONTENT OF THE POSTS IS LAZY AND BAD AND MAYBE EVEN SCUMMY ITSELF

YOU NEVER STATED THAT YOU STOPPED USING THAT POINT IN ANY OF YOUR OTHER POSTS, AND IF YOU DID, I MISSED IT.
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Lara C. wrote:

I DID BUT NOTE THAT YOU SAID "FMPOV" WHICH IS THE IMPORTANT PART
BESIDES I RETRACTED THAT YOU'RE COMPLETELY CONFIRMED AFTER MATEO BROUGHT UP AND SUPPORTED THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU COULD BE SCUM

TAKE THE TIME TO ANALYZE MY POSTS - SAYING THAT MY ALL CAPS POSTING IS TROLLY AND SCUMMY WITHOUT ACTUALLY READING THE CONTENT OF THE POSTS IS LAZY AND BAD AND MAYBE EVEN SCUMMY ITSELF

YOU NEVER STATED THAT YOU STOPPED USING THAT POINT IN ANY OF YOUR OTHER POSTS, AND IF YOU DID, I MISSED IT.
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:32 pm

IGNORE THAT DOUBLE POST, NOT SURE HOW THAT HAPPENED
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Lara C. wrote:
Yosuke D. wrote:

"FMPOV IM 100% TOWN"
APPARENTLY NOT

I have nothing NEW to scumhunt off of right now. Your actions have been scummy, and I've already given reasoning on Forrest 1 and Forrest 2, as well as mild reads on Mateo. I recognize it wasn't a "push" on me per se, but it was a push away from Clark, covered up by asking (I forget who it was oops) to hop off me. I still have you at the top of my scum list and Misato at the bottom, with Forrest and Mateo jumbled in the middle.

Me hopping somewhat off of you for asking for the unlynch. It could also have been in attempt to let mafia (you and Clark) to get off a kill.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Lara C. wrote:
Lara C. wrote:
Yosuke D. wrote:

"FMPOV IM 100% TOWN"
APPARENTLY NOT

Me hopping somewhat off of you for asking for the unlynch. It could also have been in attempt to let mafia (you and Clark) to get off a kill.

AGAIN, PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS A PUSH ON CLARK WHEN I DID NOT AT ALL ASK FOR AN UNLYNCH AND WHEN I GAVE NO SPECIAL MENTION TO EITHER CLARK OR YOURSELF
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Yosuke D. wrote:
Lara C. wrote:
Lara C. wrote:
Yosuke D. wrote:

"FMPOV IM 100% TOWN"
APPARENTLY NOT

AGAIN, PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS A PUSH ON CLARK WHEN I DID NOT AT ALL ASK FOR AN UNLYNCH AND WHEN I GAVE NO SPECIAL MENTION TO EITHER CLARK OR YOURSELF

I didn't say it was a push on Clark?
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forrest G. Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Finally got back from vacation. My suspisicios on Lara have decreased but I still feel like she could have bussed her partner. Judging by her play style, its likely.
Forrest G.
Forrest G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forrest G. Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Lara, explain your lynch on Clark if you may.
Forrest G.
Forrest G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Forrest G. wrote:Finally got back from vacation. My suspisicios on Lara have decreased but I still feel like she could have bussed her partner. Judging by her play style, its likely.

Wat do you mean by my playstyle?
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Forrest G. wrote:Lara, explain your lynch on Clark if you may.

My lynch on Clark stems from his inactivity. He wasn't subbed out, meaning he was still here, but he wasn't contributing anything to towns discussion.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Lara C. wrote:
Yosuke D. wrote:
Lara C. wrote:
Lara C. wrote:
Yosuke D. wrote:

"FMPOV IM 100% TOWN"
APPARENTLY NOT

I didn't say it was a push on Clark?

PUSH AWAY FROM CLARK, I FAILED TO QUOTE YOU CORRECTLY
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:27 pm

MAY AS WELL GET THESE WALLPOSTS OUT OF THE WAY

Misato O. wrote:Ok so, I want to hear more about this mathia strat.

If 12 is to a 50/50, can we deduce a sensible number for a 75/25 or so?

AS POINTED OUT BY LARA, MISATO'S WILLINGNESS TO ACTUALLY DELVE INTO THE MATHIA STRAT ISNT SOMETHING THAT WOULD LIKELY BE EXHIBITED BY A MAFIA AND ALTHOUGH IM NOT ACTUALLY SURE WHAT THIS QUESTION WAS ASKING IT SEEMS LIKE SHE'S LEGITIMATELY TRYING TO GET INFO ABOUT THE STRATEGY

Misato O. wrote:No lynch

So basically, I don't trust the concept of "LOL THEY WON'T GET THE KILL THROUGH, LETS LYNCH" On mylo.

Buuutttt, It's not mylo. I think we should nl today, since we have very little info, and lynch tomorrow or the next day.

SHE'S BEING SAFE HERE WHICH IS GENERALLY GOOD ALTHOUGH I GUESS IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO IT COULD BE CONSTRUED AS MAFIA WANTING TO SEEM TOWNIE BY SAYING "DONT NL ON MYLO"
I DOUBT THATS THE CASE, THOUGH

Misato O. wrote:
Lara C. wrote:
Misato O. wrote:No lynch

So basically, I don't trust the concept of "LOL THEY WON'T GET THE KILL THROUGH, LETS LYNCH" On mylo.

Buuutttt, It's not mylo. I think we should nl today, since we have very little info, and lynch tomorrow or the next day.

I'm not saying use it as a strat - I'm saying it's possible. You will have to lynch on MyLo though, because if you NL, mafia gets kill and it turns into LyLo - or they don't get the kill and it remains in MyLo.

I disagree with NLing today, just because I think we could get some information based on reads/etc, but I'm fairly impartial right now.

Unlynch Sylvester S, No Lynch

I didn't say you said to use it as a strat. I just don't feel comfortable with it. But, you are right about that. It won't go anywhere if we don't take risks.

I mean, I'd like for today to go a bit longer, to get more reads out and all. When is deadline?

HERE MISATO IS DISCOURAGING A QUICK NL WHICH IS NOT REALLY SOMETHING MAFIA WOULD WANT TO DO AND SHE IS ALSO TRYING TO STEER DISCUSSION TOWARDS READS, SOMETHING THAT IS ALMOST ALWAYS HELPFUL FOR TOWN

Misato O. wrote:Sorry for dying after day 1, but I've been going through a lot personally and I've been busy with school and work, but I'll try to be more active.

I don't hve much time now, since I just spent a while reading all of this, so I'll try to reread and compose my thoughts on everything thus far. 

ALSO I CAN TALK IN CAPS TOO SINCE I'M A LITTLE KID RIGHT?!?!?! RIGHT?!?!?! YEAH ?!?!?

YOU SHOULD DO THIS
THAT WOULD BE USEFUL
IM REFERRING TO YOU COMPOSING YOUR THOUGHTS ON EVERYTHING THUS FAR

Misato O. wrote:
Lara C. wrote:So, Yosuke, how about me hopping off Clark? I'm glad I stayed on him. As for who his partner could be, I'm not sure I have any idea. Reading through the first few days to look for any buddying.

Find anything?

HERE SHES TRYING TO GET MORE INFO OUT OF PEOPLE WHICH IS JUST GOOD FOR TOWN TO DO

CONCLUSION: FROM THE FEW POSTS THAT I WAS ABLE TO GET ANYTHING, MISATO IS MOST LIKELY TOWN. SHE DID A LOT OF THINGS THAT WOULD NOT REALLY BE GOOD PLAY FOR MAFIA AND IN MOST OF HER POSTS SHE DOES CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING OR TRY AND AID TOWN IN SOME WAY.
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:48 pm

Forrest G. wrote:The "announce the kill before MyLo" was a pretty obvious thing. No softclaiming kills? This changes the way I thought this would play out since I expected scumhunting to be centered around that.

I agree with Lara C. on the mathia part.

2 days deadline? Not fun.

LIKE WHAT HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE, THIS HAS THE GUISE OF SEEMING TO BE USEFUL WHILE ITS REALLY JUST A BUNCH OF FILLER
HOWEVER, THIS FORREST GOT SUBBED OUT SO WE REALLY CANT ASK FOR CURRENT FORREST TO ANSWER FOR THIS

Forrest G. wrote:
Yosuke D. wrote:FORREST II DO YOU SEEK TO CONTINUE THE ENDEAVORS OF FORREST I OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE USEFUL
PLEASE ANSWER THIS WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR
THANK YOU

Forrest 1 sucks (and so do you no lynchers). Yosuke, I will be the sole purpose for this town's victory kthx

I HAD SUCH FAITH FORREST WHAT HAPPENED

Forrest G. wrote:No really guys, take a closer look at Lara and Katie and tell me if I'm just being delusional.

ONLY REASON I HIGHLIGHTED THIS IS BECAUSE HES TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE LOOK AT HIS POSTS MORE AND THINK ABOUT THEM WHICH IS WHAT IVE SEEN A LOT OF TOWN DO ON PSANON

Forrest G. wrote:PREVIOUSLY, ON GAME 19: Is Lara C. really scum? Has Forrest gone nuts? (probably both)

As I was saying, it would be smart of mafia to keep sylvester alive IF Lara was town. Because you see, when a town is lynched, we tend to refer to their ideas more. And if Sylvester was lynched, Lara's plans would have been foiled. Which is why he needed to be ridden.

DUN DUN DUN

By killing sylvester, it makes the "trio" seem more clear and buries the thought of Lara being scum. As if Lara had lynched him, it would make him seem scummier.

But now for the real question..... who is the other scum? Who here could know Lara so well as to have chosen the same target? Who could Lara connect with?

Stay tuned.

IM NOT GONNA LIE THAT SECOND PART REALLY MAKES NO SENSE (SORRY) AND IF HE WAS MAFIA YOUD THINK HE WOULD NOT BRING SOMETHING LIKE THAT UP. I MEAN, THATS JUST MY OPINION ON THINGS AND I COULD BE COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT STILL.

Forrest G. wrote:How many more days until deeadline?

Come on guys! We can;t end up like the other two games

THIS IS THE KIND OF POST THAT VERY FEW MAFIA MAKE - THE FEW THAT DO ARE ALMOST ALWAYS LEADING TOWN. THIS ALONG WITH HIS LARGE ACTIVITY SPURT IN MYLO MAKE ME THINK HES TOWN.

Forrest G. wrote:Lynch Lara

Too soon to try to get the lynch off of you, eh? Smile

YOU CAN SEE HES OBSERVING THE GAME AND HE REACTS TO WHAT HE SEES AS AN ATTEMPT TO QUICKHAMMER (IT REALLY WAS IN NO WAY).

CONCLUSION: FORREST IS DEFINITELY INTERESTING - WHILE HES NOT AS TOWNIE AS MISATO, HIS ACTIONS AS OF LATE ARE MAKING ME THINK HE IS PROBABLY TOWN AS WELL. HE BROUGHT ACTIVITY BACK TO THE GAME AND DID HIS BEST TO KEEP IT GOING ON MYLO, AND IF HE IS MAFIA HE HAS DEFINITELY PLAYED QUITE STRANGELY.
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forrest G. Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Well you could have lynched Clark knowing that he was inactive and that he wouldn't be of much help to mafia anyway. And since it was Pmylo you were afraid that if you nl'ed after a town lynch then clark wouldn't choose the same person as you.
So, you could have lynched clark and make you look more clear.
Forrest G.
Forrest G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Forrest G. wrote:Well you could have lynched Clark knowing that he was inactive and that he wouldn't be of much help to mafia anyway. And since it was Pmylo you were afraid that if you nl'ed after a town lynch then clark wouldn't choose the same person as you.
So, you could have lynched clark and make you look more clear.

So what you're saying is I'd be the only person lynching my partner in a bus kill in a theme with no power roles where mafia has a chance to kill every night. I could MAYBE understand if someone else was already on Clark, but really.

What are you doing, Forrest, come on.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Unlynch Yosuke D, Lynch Forrest Gumperino

Sorry, but you seem really desperate to push me.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Mateo P. wrote:even tho i gave a perfectly valid reason (he's an imposter!!!) about why i lynched sylvester on day 1, people seem to think otherwise so ill explain more. most of what I'm about to say has already been reiterated like 100 times by everyone but whatever. first off: mafia is a game of psychology. we all have our own views on what a scummy play is. as a result, plays become very open for interpretation and to reach a general consensus on what is scummy and what deserves a lynch, there has to be either a shared perspective on the play from the majority of the players, or simply just fact we know to be true (which is not present in this setup.) having said that, it is extremely hard to have an equal view as i stated before, we all have different interpretations. we have trouble enough agreeing on a lynch in these kind of setups, we can't afford to argue every time someone requests a teit be added to someone. mafia is just too open ended for a system like that.

one thing we've done reasonably well (compared to game 20 and 21 lol what a bunch of noobs) is that there hasn't been that one person that takes over and leads everything, the discussion for the most part has been contributed to by several people. I think the key for us to win is to abuse the fact that town and mafia are on equal ground in regards to communication. If we can all contribute (hypocrite i know) and actively respond to one another, it will be painfully hard for both mafia to decide on a person that stands out a lot as a target.

BACK TO THIS POST WHICH I ALREADY TALKED ABOUT
YES IT OPPOSES THE MATH IDEA, BUT IT ACTUALLY BRINGS UP SOME REASONING FOR IT RATHER THAN BLINDLY ATTACKING IT AND ALSO SHOWS HOW IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE CONFUSING
AND THEN HE ALSO TALKS ABOUT HOW WE DONT WANT A TOWN LEADER WHICH AS I SAID BEFORE IS A TERRIBLE THING FOR MAFIA TO DO SINCE ITS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO WIN

Mateo P. wrote:notice how sylvester has been trying to math literally everything. first the teits then the " one of larkarvester whatever the fuck it's called will die" with the percentages. a very poor way of scumhunting, playing with probability is dangerous. we do not play with chance, even noting that the chance that x and y is a more possible scumpair than z and a will subconsciously cause us to ignore certain scummy statements made by the person that is less likely to be scum based on percentages. what makes it worse is that sylvester is drawing these percentages from pure assumptions. it all seems extremely far- fetch'd how he came with the idea that there is a 10% x did not detect me softing like what are you on about dude. if you're trying to help town sylvester, you are going about in the wrooong direction bro

OK THIS ONE IS PROBABLY A BIT OVERBOARD BUT YOU CAN SEE HES NOT JUST TRYING TO GET RID OF SYLVESTER HERE (WHICH WOULD BE PRETTY EASY) BUT HES INSTEAD TRYING TO GET SYLVESTER TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT/SOMETHING HE SEES AS USEFUL TO THE TOWN AS A WHOLE

Mateo P. wrote:
after re-reading that last paragraph by Sylvester, and looking at what lara said:
lynch sylvester s.
lara made a very good point in the sentence about your FOS. you fos on two people that are in a group that you believe has one mafia because of false percentages that came from mere assumptions. you failed to identify the many variables that make your assumptions extremely inaccurate.

OK AT THIS POINT HE FINALLY LYNCHES SYLVESTER BUT HE HAS GOOD REASON
SYLVESTER IS REALLY JUST PULLING OUT AN FOS WITHOUT ANYTHING TO BACK IT UP, AND MATEO POINTS THIS OUT AS HE LYNCHES HIM
THIS SHOWS HE'S FULLY ANALYZING THE POSTS INSTEAD OF JUST IGNORING THEM, EVEN IF THEY HAVE TLDR CONTENT

Mateo P. wrote:lara: active players.. discussion provokers.. town or mafia? lara def belongs in this category ja but as of now, i'll give the benefit of the doubt and say i have a towny read on you friend
katie: i dont like how u dismissed the possibility of me being mafia so quick (tho i do ppreciate the gesture friend) also, you were wrong when you claimed lara did not back up the reason she distrusted sylvester. you stated several times her reasons friend but i dnt feel like flipping through 69 fkn pages to find it
yosuke: u r cute user u have cute caps friend. serious tho i got slight town read on you, always commenting on every post and furthering discussion. this is v good, admittedly i would not b writing this boring ass essay if it wasnt for u prompting me haha!
clark/ misato: who are these guys again??? srs tho talk more
forrest g: the first forrest was a goof i think he didn't want to put in the effort or something. stated before but im gonna reiterate, first forrest kinda just hopped on the ice cream truck and didn't add much. nothing much on forrest 2 tho, hopefully ull be better

also srry for my illiteracy but i have to balance out the amount of tryhard linguistixs with some shitty ass grammer zz

THIS IS HONESTLY A PRETTY DECENT READS LIST (IT LOOKS LIKE HE ACTUALLY TRIED TO LOOK AT PEOPLE'S POST PATTERNS ALTHOUGH ADMITTEDLY ITS NOT SUPER IN-DEPTH) BUT THERES NOT MUCH HERE OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT HE PUT IN EFFORT TO MAKE THIS

Mateo P. wrote:forgot to do this loled
in order from scummy to least scummy
slvester>clark>katie>misato>forrest g>lara>yosuke
then ther is me who is 100% town confirmed i can prove it to u because i am pinocchio and my nose is not shaped like an elephants trunk rn haha!

if further elaboration on why i ordered the people the way i did i will grudgingly do so  

I DUNNO, I PERSONALLY THINK ASKING FOR INPUT ON WHAT YOUVE PUT IS A TOWNIE MOVE (OBVIOUSLY EVERYTHING IM SAYING IS TOWN ARE NOT GOING TO BE THINGS IM LOOKING FOR AFTER THESE POSTS)

Mateo P. wrote:
Katie P. wrote:Poor Katie Perry still has no computer
I'm pretty sure deadline is soon

lynch Forrest G.
so judging by you saying "i'm pretty sure deadline is soon" and then lynching forrest g, i'm gonna assume you're trying to prevent a sylvester lynch by shifting it to forrest g correct me if i'm wrong

Mateo P. wrote:okay sorry didn't really have time past few days I'll write some more later but gonna put some quick thoughts out here:

clark: how do u even read people that dont ever talk its literally impossible and extremely annoying. lurk =/= scum but it also hurts town a lot so im inclined to think you are indeed scum but at the same time its hard to base suspicion on you solely based off of inactivity

misato o: see above ^

lara c: okay ive said this before but inactives r annoying asf. however, because we have no actual reads its rlly hard to justify lynching clark. maybe id consider pushing a lynch if we had a mislynch but because we are in mylo, im gonna say im against lynching an inactive however useless he has been

yosuke: can u clear somthing up? what made u think i was confirmed town? i mean in your first reply to my first post that actually was serious you said it wasn't very productive. theres seems to be a blank space between that post and posts you made a page later where you said i was useful to town. ???? what caused the sudden change in opinion and why did it make me confirmed town in ur eyes?????????????????

katie: am sorry for lynching u but it is what it is. btw katie perry is ugly and cant sing haha!

forrest: im honestly lost here but what r ur thoughts on everyone else. uve literally been only tunneling and talking bout ms croft the entire game. youve said little about anyone else. also you said you thought katie was the scum yet you didn't lynch her?
??
???????????????????

sylvester: rip ur math is still bad tho

HERE ARE SOME PRETTY GOOD POINTS BROUGHT UP IN THE READSLIST - WHICH WAS UNPROMPTED, ANOTHER GOOD THING....
AND LARA, WHY IN THE HECK DID YOU LOOK AT THIS AND NOT SEE IT AS A PUSH TO UNLYNCH CLARK????
??????
?????????????

Mateo P. wrote:okay well I was going to do the same as Lara but I'll hold off on actually lynching for now.

For now however, I'm going to say why I think Yosuke is the scum.
first off, yes this is very out of the blue as ive shown 0 suspicion towards him the entire game (in the chat, i have never come close to dismissing him as scum possibility in my mind). however, recent actions particularly last day and today have made me change my mind.
before i talk about the last few days, i just want to point something out that may have slipped thru peoples minds. why is he typing in all caps? let me ask you all a question. when you read yosuke's messages, do you get the same feeling as when you read anyone elses? no, we dont consciously recognize it but there is a difference on how we read it based on how it is formatted. i find it harder to read yosuke because of this formatting and i think he is aware of it as well. therefore, if he accidentally says something weird or scummy, it might not be taken as seriously if he had written normally. this could be a complete misunderstanding as yosuke will probably say but also something to take into account. mafia do not like to be closely inspected, although one might argue all caps formatting may generate more attention, it actually makes us take content less seriously.

okay onto more solid reads lol:
as town, why would you ever dismiss someone as mafia in a setup with no prs. ive said in my first post, we do not have access to actual fact, we have to rely on scumhunting. therefore, knowing this, if you are town you will always regard everyone as a possibility to be scum. yes lara did lynch clark but keep in mind if she is mafia, that is not a hard bus. clark wasn't someone that was actively participating, he said like 2 things. this kind of bussing is relatively easy to do, as 1. you don't want an inactive partner 2. you are willing to bus on someone that doesn't do shit for you in exchange for trust from the town members. had clark been someone like yosuke, i guarantee likely-hood of lara being mafia would b much much smaller. however, this is not the case so yeah.

just put yourself in yosukes shoes imagining he is the mafia. what do you stand to gain by saying lara is confirmed? well, if i was mafia, lara is probably the last person in this game i would want to push a lynch against. by saying lara is "confirmed" you can shift gears on someone else that will be harder to beat while also possibility gaining the trust of lara.  

now put yourself in yosuke's shoes imagining you are town. does it really make sense what he said if he really indeed is town? why would you dismiss someone you previously had suspicions about all because she led a lynch on a inactive. really, anyone could have done so making a bus play not out of the question in any case.

i had more thoughts but i forgot about them, may write more if i remember ok pce nerds

I ALREADY EXPLAINED MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS ONE AND THE BELOW ONE IN THE PREVIOUS PAGE BUT IM JUST QUOTING THEM BECAUSE I CAN
FIGHT ME

Mateo P. wrote:ok i dont know how to quote but for ur first reply: like i said it could be something completely trivial but i wanted to throw out everything in my mind

second reply: okay like i said clark has done shit all game. yes getting rid of a mafia partner during mylo is bad in many cases, but if you weigh the benefits, you can see why that play might be made. also, being a lone mafia in later stages in this setup does have its benefits. you no longer have to rely on your partner to get a night kill. meaning you can pressure town to lynch instead of nling and banking on mafia missing target. this means it gives town less time to obtain reads. yes this alone is probably a bad reason to bus your partner but considering who one of the mafia was, it isn't terribly bad.

third reply: yes i understand what you mean which is why i said possibly gain the trust of lara

CONCLUSION: MATEO IS HONESTLY A LOT MORE IFFY - HE WAS KINDA WEIRD ON D1, VERY TOWNIE ON D2, SOMEWHAT CONFUSING ON D3, AND FOR ME, COMPLETELY UNCLEAR ON D4

HE HAS A POSSIBILITY TO BE SCUM, BUT I KIND OF DOUBT IT JUST BECAUSE OF HOW HE'S BEEN PLAYING
ITS A POSSIBILITY, THOUGH
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next