PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 19: Star-Crossed

+5
Sylvester S.
Clark the Conductor
Lara C.
Forrest G.
Misato O.
9 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Game 19: Star-Crossed - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 19: Star-Crossed

Post by Misato O. Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:13 am

z.z So psanon.forumotion wans't letting me on from laptop, and it kept auto redirecting me to sites that leave me "at risk for viruses" when I join on phone, so I haven't been around. 

Sounds like normal with me though, since this is how I tend to play. Active D1 and then dead for the rest until close to the end yeeeee. 

Was Forrest G. the one who you said had the, paraphrasing here, 'quitter's attitude' or so? That you've seen before in the room? I can't remember, I've missed a bit. 

Do we think nling is a better idea than using the ml? I mean, if we nl, we have more days to discuss look at the choices of the mafia. Thoughts?
Misato O.
Misato O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Misato O. Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:15 am

Lara C. wrote:So, Yosuke, how about me hopping off Clark? I'm glad I stayed on him. As for who his partner could be, I'm not sure I have any idea. Reading through the first few days to look for any buddying.

Find anything?
Misato O.
Misato O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:18 am

Misato O. wrote:
Lara C. wrote:So, Yosuke, how about me hopping off Clark? I'm glad I stayed on him. As for who his partner could be, I'm not sure I have any idea. Reading through the first few days to look for any buddying.

Find anything?

I did not find anything except Clark/Sylvester buddying, which obviously is useless. Adding on to your previous post, yes Forrest is the one who had the quitting playstyle seen in the room. I'm flipping between Forrest and Mateo, just because Mateo is all shut up now.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:55 pm

ALERT ALERT LARA IS CONFIRMED
YES CONFIRMED UNLESS YOU THINK THATS SOME BS

CLARK BEING SCUM ACTUALLY HELPS NONE OF US BUT WE GOT ONE OUT OF THE WAY

@LARA IT IS INDEED GOOD THAT YOU LYNCHED CLARK BUT HAD I SEEN HIM AS TOWNIER THAN YOU FOR SOME TERRIBLE REASON I WOULD HAVE LYNCHED YOU INSTEAD - THANKFULLY I DIDNT

I HONESTLY DOUBT FORREST IS SCUM FOR THE SAME REASONS I WAS DOUBTING YOU WERE SCUM LAST NIGHT

TBH WITH CLARK'S DEATH A SYLVESTER KILL MAKES MORE SENSE WHICH WOULD MAKE MY REASONING FOR MATEO A BIT LESS VALID

I GUESS THAT LEAVES MISATO

BUT DOES IT REALLY MAKE SENSE FOR THE SCUM TO BE THE TWO INACTIVES?
SOMEHOW, I DOUBT IT

I'LL LOOK BACK AND SEE IF THERE'S ANYTHING I CAN GET
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:55 pm

NLING IS USELESS SINCE LARA WILL JUST DIE AT THIS POINT
THAT'S MY VIEW ON THE SITUATION, ANYWAYS
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Yosuke D. wrote:ALERT ALERT LARA IS CONFIRMED

@LARA IT IS INDEED GOOD THAT YOU LYNCHED CLARK BUT HAD I SEEN HIM AS TOWNIER THAN YOU FOR SOME TERRIBLE REASON I WOULD HAVE LYNCHED YOU INSTEAD - THANKFULLY I DIDNT

I HONESTLY DOUBT FORREST IS SCUM FOR THE SAME REASONS I WAS DOUBTING YOU WERE SCUM LAST NIGHT

TBH WITH CLARK'S DEATH A SYLVESTER KILL MAKES MORE SENSE WHICH WOULD MAKE MY REASONING FOR MATEO A BIT LESS VALID

SOMEHOW, I DOUBT IT

Trust me when I tell you that Misato is town.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Lara C. wrote:
Yosuke D. wrote:ALERT ALERT LARA IS CONFIRMED

SOMEHOW, I DOUBT IT

Trust me when I tell you that Misato is town.

I have no physical proof, but post content and attitudes give me an almost 100% feeling that she's town.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:54 pm

ANY SPECIFIC EXAMPLES?
ESPECIALLY RELATED TO CLARK SINCE AS BEFORE I SAID I FELT THE TWO WERE SIMILAR (ALTHOUGH CLARK WAS DEFINITELY THE MORE USELESS/SCUMMY OF THE TWO)
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:59 pm

ALSO I DUNNO I DONT THINK MATEO'S INACTIVITY IS REALLY THAT SCUMMY BUT SIMULTANEOUSLY THE FACT THAT FORREST BECAME SO ACTIVE ON MYLO MAKES ME FEEL LIKE HE IS TOWN
AND THEN YOU SAY MISATO IS ALMOST DEFINITELY TOWN WHICH LEAVES ME IN A PLACE WHERE IM JUST CONFUSED

WHICH IS WHY ID LIKE TO SEE WHY YOU BELIEVE SO IN THE CASE THAT ITD CHANGE MY MIND
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:11 am

Yosuke D. wrote:ALSO I DUNNO I DONT THINK MATEO'S INACTIVITY IS REALLY THAT SCUMMY BUT SIMULTANEOUSLY THE FACT THAT FORREST BECAME SO ACTIVE ON MYLO MAKES ME FEEL LIKE HE IS TOWN
AND THEN YOU SAY MISATO IS ALMOST DEFINITELY TOWN WHICH LEAVES ME IN A PLACE WHERE IM JUST CONFUSED

WHICH IS WHY ID LIKE TO SEE WHY YOU BELIEVE SO IN THE CASE THAT ITD CHANGE MY MIND

You're also forgetting that you can be mafia.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara C. Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:20 am

Unlynch Forrest Gumpers, Lynch Yosuke D.

Just for rn. Your push for me to switch lynches at the end of the day yesterday with no reasoning, along with not trusting me and not remembering that you as mafia is a possibility, is making you seem extraordinarily scummy.
Lara C.
Lara C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo P. Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:56 am

okay well I was going to do the same as Lara but I'll hold off on actually lynching for now.

For now however, I'm going to say why I think Yosuke is the scum.
first off, yes this is very out of the blue as ive shown 0 suspicion towards him the entire game (in the chat, i have never come close to dismissing him as scum possibility in my mind). however, recent actions particularly last day and today have made me change my mind.
before i talk about the last few days, i just want to point something out that may have slipped thru peoples minds. why is he typing in all caps? let me ask you all a question. when you read yosuke's messages, do you get the same feeling as when you read anyone elses? no, we dont consciously recognize it but there is a difference on how we read it based on how it is formatted. i find it harder to read yosuke because of this formatting and i think he is aware of it as well. therefore, if he accidentally says something weird or scummy, it might not be taken as seriously if he had written normally. this could be a complete misunderstanding as yosuke will probably say but also something to take into account. mafia do not like to be closely inspected, although one might argue all caps formatting may generate more attention, it actually makes us take content less seriously.

okay onto more solid reads lol:
as town, why would you ever dismiss someone as mafia in a setup with no prs. ive said in my first post, we do not have access to actual fact, we have to rely on scumhunting. therefore, knowing this, if you are town you will always regard everyone as a possibility to be scum. yes lara did lynch clark but keep in mind if she is mafia, that is not a hard bus. clark wasn't someone that was actively participating, he said like 2 things. this kind of bussing is relatively easy to do, as 1. you don't want an inactive partner 2. you are willing to bus on someone that doesn't do shit for you in exchange for trust from the town members. had clark been someone like yosuke, i guarantee likely-hood of lara being mafia would b much much smaller. however, this is not the case so yeah.

just put yourself in yosukes shoes imagining he is the mafia. what do you stand to gain by saying lara is confirmed? well, if i was mafia, lara is probably the last person in this game i would want to push a lynch against. by saying lara is "confirmed" you can shift gears on someone else that will be harder to beat while also possibility gaining the trust of lara.

now put yourself in yosuke's shoes imagining you are town. does it really make sense what he said if he really indeed is town? why would you dismiss someone you previously had suspicions about all because she led a lynch on a inactive. really, anyone could have done so making a bus play not out of the question in any case.

i had more thoughts but i forgot about them, may write more if i remember ok pce nerds
Mateo P.
Mateo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo P. Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:57 am

say what you will about bandwagoning etc. idc lol
Mateo P.
Mateo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo P. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:00 am

also fuck in the 4th paragraph about putting ursel in yosuks shoes imagning u r mafia, i had a typo. i meaqnt to write: u can shift gears on someone else that will be easier to get lynched
Mateo P.
Mateo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:06 am

Lara C. wrote:
Yosuke D. wrote:ALSO I DUNNO I DONT THINK MATEO'S INACTIVITY IS REALLY THAT SCUMMY BUT SIMULTANEOUSLY THE FACT THAT FORREST BECAME SO ACTIVE ON MYLO MAKES ME FEEL LIKE HE IS TOWN

You're also forgetting that you can be mafia.

FAIR POINT, BUT NOT THE CASE WHICH IS WHY I DISREGARDED IT

Yosuke D. wrote:ALRIGHT, THAT'S FAIR THEN
I AGREE AFTER LOOKING BACK

LARA/FORREST, ARE YOU UNWILLING TO UNLYNCH CLARK/LARA AND NL AT THIS POINT?

NOTICE HOW THAT'S A QUESTION, NOT A STATEMENT
HAD IT BEEN A STATEMENT I CAN SEE IT AS A PUSH BUT I WAS HONESTLY ASKING THIS BECAUSE I WANTED TO CHOOSE WHETHER OR NOT TO LYNCH BASED OFF OF THE RESPONSES
WHICH DIDNT EXIST UNTIL AFTER DEADLINE
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:14 am

Mateo P. wrote:okay well I was going to do the same as Lara but I'll hold off on actually lynching for now.

For now however, I'm going to say why I think Yosuke is the scum.
first off, yes this is very out of the blue as ive shown 0 suspicion towards him the entire game (in the chat, i have never come close to dismissing him as scum possibility in my mind). however, recent actions particularly last day and today have made me change my mind.
before i talk about the last few days, i just want to point something out that may have slipped thru peoples minds. why is he typing in all caps? let me ask you all a question. when you read yosuke's messages, do you get the same feeling as when you read anyone elses? no, we dont consciously recognize it but there is a difference on how we read it based on how it is formatted. i find it harder to read yosuke because of this formatting and i think he is aware of it as well. therefore, if he accidentally says something weird or scummy, it might not be taken as seriously if he had written normally. this could be a complete misunderstanding as yosuke will probably say but also something to take into account. mafia do not like to be closely inspected, although one might argue all caps formatting may generate more attention, it actually makes us take content less seriously.
FINE, I SERIOUSLY ASK YOU THEN
LOOK OVER EACH AND EVERY ONE OF MY POSTS AND THEN RESPOND WHETHER OR NOT YOU THINK IM USING ALL CAPS AS A WAY TO OBSCURE MY MESSAGE INSTEAD OF JUST BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT
IF YOU CAN FIND THAT ILL OBVIOUSLY ARGUE AS TO WHY WHAT I SAID ISNT SCUMMY BUT I DONT LIKE THAT YOU'RE THROWING ME UNDER THE BUS FOR THE WAY IM PLAYING WHEN YOUR MAIN POINT IS SOMETHING THAT COULD EASILY BE RESOLVED IF YOU JUST LOOKED AT MY POSTS

Mateo P. wrote:
okay onto more solid reads lol:
as town, why would you ever dismiss someone as mafia in a setup with no prs. ive said in my first post, we do not have access to actual fact, we have to rely on scumhunting. therefore, knowing this, if you are town you will always regard everyone as a possibility to be scum. yes lara did lynch clark but keep in mind if she is mafia, that is not a hard bus. clark wasn't someone that was actively participating, he said like 2 things. this kind of bussing is relatively easy to do, as 1. you don't want an inactive partner 2. you are willing to bus on someone that doesn't do shit for you in exchange for trust from the town members. had clark been someone like yosuke, i guarantee likely-hood of lara being mafia would b much much smaller. however, this is not the case so yeah.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO EXPLAIN WHY A MAFIA, IN MYLO, WOULD BUS THEIR OWN PARTNER AND THEN WHEN PROVIDED WITH AN OUT (AS LARA INTERPRETED IT) NOT TAKE IT?
IF IT HADNT BEEN MYLO THEN I THINK THIS WOULD HOLD A LOT MORE WEIGHT BUT HONESTLY GETTING RID OF YOUR PARTNER IN MYLO IS AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE STRATEGY (IN FORUM MAFIA) HENCE MY ASSERTION

Mateo P. wrote:
just put yourself in yosukes shoes imagining he is the mafia. what do you stand to gain by saying lara is confirmed? well, if i was mafia, lara is probably the last person in this game i would want to push a lynch against. by saying lara is "confirmed" you can shift gears on someone else that will be harder to beat while also possibility gaining the trust of lara.  

THIS IS A FAIR POINT BUT I DISAGREE THAT SAYING SOMEONE IS CONFIRMED MAKES YOU GAIN THE TRUST OF THE SAID SOMEONE
I MEAN UNLESS YOU CAN BE SWAYED THAT EASILY

Mateo P. wrote:
now put yourself in yosuke's shoes imagining you are town. does it really make sense what he said if he really indeed is town? why would you dismiss someone you previously had suspicions about all because she led a lynch on a inactive. really, anyone could have done so making a bus play not out of the question in any case.

i had more thoughts but i forgot about them, may write more if i remember ok pce nerds
ALREADY EXPLAINED MY THOUGHT PROCESS ABOVE
IF YOU'D LIKE, FEEL FREE TO GO BACK AND TRY AND FIND REASONS LARA COULD BE SCUM
YOU SHOULD FIND SOME, BUT ARE THEY ENOUGH TO TOPPLE WHAT SHE DID IN THE PREVIOUS DAY?
WELL, THATS YOUR OWN EVALUATION
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo P. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:27 am

ok i dont know how to quote but for ur first reply: like i said it could be something completely trivial but i wanted to throw out everything in my mind

second reply: okay like i said clark has done shit all game. yes getting rid of a mafia partner during mylo is bad in many cases, but if you weigh the benefits, you can see why that play might be made. also, being a lone mafia in later stages in this setup does have its benefits. you no longer have to rely on your partner to get a night kill. meaning you can pressure town to lynch instead of nling and banking on mafia missing target. this means it gives town less time to obtain reads. yes this alone is probably a bad reason to bus your partner but considering who one of the mafia was, it isn't terribly bad.

third reply: yes i understand what you mean which is why i said possibly gain the trust of lara

Mateo P.
Mateo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:35 am

Mateo P. wrote:ok i dont know how to quote but for ur first reply: like i said it could be something completely trivial but i wanted to throw out everything in my mind

YOU PRESS THE QUOTE BUTTON

Mateo P. wrote:
second reply: okay like i said clark has done shit all game. yes getting rid of a mafia partner during mylo is bad in many cases, but if you weigh the benefits, you can see why that play might be made. also, being a lone mafia in later stages in this setup does have its benefits. you no longer have to rely on your partner to get a night kill. meaning you can pressure town to lynch instead of nling and banking on mafia missing target. this means it gives town less time to obtain reads. yes this alone is probably a bad reason to bus your partner but considering who one of the mafia was, it isn't terribly bad.

THIS IS
ACTUALLY COMPLETELY FAIR
I MEAN, I STILL THINK ITS A TERRIBLE IDEA TO LYNCH YOUR OWN PARTNER, BUT I SEE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING NOW

Mateo P. wrote:
third reply: yes i understand what you mean which is why i said possibly gain the trust of lara

STILL NOT SEEING WHY THAT WOULD IN ANY WAY GAIN THE TRUST OF THE PERSON, IF THAT WAS EVEN THE AIM OF THE POST
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:36 am

ALSO DO ME A FAVOR AND GO CHECK UP ON THE TWO POINTS YOUVE BROUGHT UP PREVIOUSLY IF YOU WANT TO STILL ARGUE THEM
(WHERE I CHANGED MY OPINION ON YOU AND THE CAPS THING, EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE SAYING IT HAS THE POSSIBILITY TO BE TRIVIAL)
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo P. Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:43 am

i didnt say so but your reasons for saying ur opinion changed on me is fair, caps thing wasnt a strong argument but i wanted to put it out there for everyone to think about
Mateo P.
Mateo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:12 am

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO ACTUALLY READ MY POSTS MATEO
WHAT DO YOU NEED
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo P. Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:46 am

i did read them?
Mateo P.
Mateo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:55 am

....OH
I MISREAD YOUR POST
NEVER MIND, THEN
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosuke D. Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:06 am

UH, DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER POINTS TO BRING UP ABOUT ME OR OTHER PEOPLE IN THE GAME?
Yosuke D.
Yosuke D.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:19 am

Votecount 4.1

Yosuke D.(1)- Lara C.
Forrest G.(0)-
Lara C.(0)-
Misato O.(0)-
Mateo P.(0)-
Not Voting(4)- Misato O., Mateo P., Forrest G., Yosuke D.
There are 5 alive so it takes 3 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Wednesday the 2nd at 9pm EST.
If the deadline was now, Yosuke D. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next