PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 16: Modified Execution

+11
Lakoko H.
Zack E.
Kimimaro D.
Mary J.
ajhockeystar
Zenkiti G.
Kokojo R.
Brad P.
Hinata W.
Marina U.
Dorian B.
15 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Game 16: Modified Execution - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 16: Modified Execution

Post by Zack E. Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Lakoko H. wrote:Holy shit I need punctuation

>Doesn't punctuate

Anyways, I don't really have a strong opinion of anyone being scummy at this point, and I haven't found anything that catches my eye enough to post about it, but trust me I'll speak up the second I do. As for shooting an inactive today, I have no real objection to it as shooting an inactive town is a lot less of a loss for town than shooting an active one, and there's always a chance of finding a mafia (see day 1).
Zack E.
Zack E.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimimaro D. Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Three things.

1. I think that you're right, Zack E. Shooting an inactive town is much better than shooting an active one, who may be helping. But, what if the mafia is just good at seeming townie? I know that sometimes, people don't even suspect me. (Rarely, lol.) I do, however, agree. (Uh, even though I just posed a counterargument.)

2. You've been awfully quiet, Zach E. Or maybe I just haven't been seeing your posts? I'll read back up in a second.

3. NOW you start posting, thanks guys, I was a little busy.

Oh, P.S. 4. I don't have many scum reads yet, but I'll get around to rereading and seeing, and will post later on.
Kimimaro D.
Kimimaro D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimimaro D. Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Alright so, I looked back on some things.

1. We started 8v3. We do have at least 1 misfire. It's 8v2 right now.
Zenkiti G. (Slight scum reading, close to normal.)
Zack E. (Scum reading, Moderate)
Kimimaro D. (Me lol)
Marina U. (Very little to no scum reading. Somewhat town read)
Brad P. (Moderate scum reading)
Hinata W. (Town reading)
Lakoko H. (Town reading)
Dorian B. (Neutral. Somewhat town?)
Mary J. (No opinion, maybe slightly scummy?)
Vicky T. (Scummy reading, however, very low.)

~Zenkiti G: The post that I agreed on labeling Lakoko H. as a town read made me see him as pro town, but now, I'm seeing him as slightly scum. Mostly due to the lurking factor.
~Zack E: Very little pro town help. Very few posts in general, actually.
~Brad P: Very little pro town help, and some posts getting at our most "pro town" player being scum. Also, some lurking early game.
~Vicky T: Seems to be very off topic, shifting attention from the game and herself. Just, a small Fos.

There's mine. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Some of this summarizes how town seems to feel, also.

2. Deadline is in 2 days and we have no clue who we're giving the gun to/shooting. I'm honestly feeling Zack E or Brad P to be shot, and I'd like to give the gun to Dorian/Lakoko/Hinata. Still, the issue with Lakoko maybe being corrupted. Not sure who is the safest bet. Maybe we should give the gun to a lurker?

3. rip this is such a long post, gg me. I'm going to make another with point 3.
Kimimaro D.
Kimimaro D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky T. Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Just found out I have been playing this game completely wrong, I never realised about the corruption rule. that completely changes my read on Brad, sorry for suspecting you
Vicky T.
Vicky T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky T. Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Ugh here we go in order from scummiest to towniest

Zenkiti: Very inactive, voting without reason and overall not doing too much

Zack: Again not talking much, though seems to be trying to do stuff. Just please be active and my read may change.

Brad: Yeah dude we get it Lakoko isn't confirmed and is likely corrupted, now talk about something else and help town

Mary: Some wierd reasoning in posts, kinda long and annoying at the same time. clearly trying to help and reason though.

Kimimimamaro: If you hadn't posted those reads, you would be above Mary in this list, apart from that you have just basically been agreeing with a bunch a people and haven't struck out to me as anything yet

Dorian: I like your reasoning and you seem Pro-Town

Marina: General townieness in posts

Lakoko : got that shot off the Mafia D1 and is pseudo confirmed

Hinata: didn't really seem very townie D1 and is unlikely to be corrupted, however, very townie today

As a result of this long post vote Hinata

Vicky T.
Vicky T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimimaro D. Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Okay, #3:
Zenkiti G: 3 overall posts, all day 1. (Is this correct?!) 1 of them was a BW on giving Lakoko the gun, 1 was a confirmation of his role, and 1 said "I'll provide more input later, but Lakoko struck me as town an AJ was yelling at me to post .-." Seems a tiny bit lurky.
Zack E: 6 overall posts. A Bandwagon, a confirmation, a question for activity, an irrelevant post, and 2 helpful posts.
Kimimaro D: 10 posts, and I can't comment on the validity of my posts Razz
Marina U: 4 posts. I honestly thought there were more than this, so my scum radar is going up on her. A bandwagon, a confirmation, 2 helpful posts.
Brad P: 10 posts. Literally, 1 confirmation and 9 lengthy, to an extent, posts. Lots of repetitive points, and lots of defense. But, it's all you can expect when he's being cornered.
Hinata W: 14 posts. 6 irrelevant posts. To be honest, she only started participating recently. The other 8 are okay, some less so than others. Still helpful, though.
Lakoko H: 17 posts. Our biggest "town" reading so far, with only about 8 relevant posts, all recently. about 4 iffy posts, and about 5 not helpful at all posts.
Dorian B: 8 Posts. About 5 are helpful.
Mary J: 8 posts. 5 from the new sub, which all seem thorough and helpful. 3 from old sub, 2 unhelpful, 1 possibly helpful?
Vicky T: 13 posts. Not sure if scum/town, most posts are short and not very helpful. (I've been writing this on and off since my last post, so I just got to see your most recent post, which is indeed helpful. I will update my scum reading chart after finishing this list, by the way.) You seem to be neutral, maybe somewhat pro town after rereading some of your posts. You seem at a loss for help, though.

Woo, finally. fucking. done. Time to update scumreads._.
0-10, 5 being neutral, 10 being scummy, 0 being townie.
Zenkiti G. 9
Zack E. 7
Kimimaro D. N/A
Marina U. 7
Brad P. 5
Hinata W. 3
Lakoko H. 1
Dorian B. 3
Mary J. 3
Vicky T. 5

Hope this isn't too long and is at least a tiny bit helpful.
Kimimaro D.
Kimimaro D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimimaro D. Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:34 pm

rip me, so many posts in 1 day. I forgot to vote. I'm going to go with Hinata, somewhat bandwagoning off of Vicky T's last post. Hinata didn't seem too townie D1, but seems much more so today. Vote Hinata. Sorry for the BW
Kimimaro D.
Kimimaro D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zack E. Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Kimimaro, I like how you made your scumread list from a fairly unbiased standpoint and I agree with it for the most part. Since you can't scumread yourself, I'll do it for you using the same system.

Kimimaro D.: 12 overall posts. A confirmation, 2 bandwagons (both lynches so far), 3 irrelevant posts, and 6 helpful posts, one of which was the quite detailed scumread list.

If I were to use your 0-10 scale, you would be a 3.
Zack E.
Zack E.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zack E. Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Vote Hinata W.

Voting Hinata makes a lot of sense because she is being very active (in terms of this game at least, I think someone has 40+ posts in the other game already), and I trust that she will shoot whoever the town wants to shoot.
Zack E.
Zack E.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinata W. Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Great. Looks like it's my turn to feel the pressure, eh?
Anyways, i've looked back to see if there's anything that catches my eye, and I present to you: my first tl;dr post!

Kimimaro D. wrote:/me lynches...? Zack E

I'm more of a Zack person Very Happy

This is literally just to get us going.
The first time I saw this (Day 1), I just skimmed over it because I felt like I saw nothing. Looking back, and looking at Kimimaro's posts in general, this seems... different. I'll be elaborating later.

Brad P. wrote:not going to decide on a lynch quite yet... I'm going to see what people do for now. We should probably discuss strategies. What if someone dies after getting a gun? what if someone shoots the wrong person? obviously the chance isn't very big they'll shoot the right person. What if someone shoots the right person? does that clear them? sure they're a lot less scummy, but what if the mafia is playing a trick with us?

Zenkiti G. wrote:I'll provide more input later, but Lakoko struck me as town an AJ was yelling at me to post .-.
I STILL WANT AN EXPLANATION OF THIS
WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU

Dorian B. wrote:From under the sea, comes me - Dorian B
I came up with a suggestion, which probably comes from under the sea
What if us townies decide on who we should kill
Then it won't be up to the mafia's will
(in case we vote wrong)
and those that didn't go along
we kill them the next day
then town wins and hooray
A quote from Dorian here because I honestly don't think that this would have been suggested by a mafia; most often, mafia want to appear helpful while not actually being helpful... and this was pretty dang helpful/useful.

Zack E. wrote:We need some more activity, come on guys discuss.
Just highlighting this to show the difference between Zack and Brad....

Brad P. wrote:well I tried to get some discussion started, but since nobody has reacted... anyways I'm not planning on being in the dead game again. I agree that we should vote for someone as a representative of some sorts, like we should probably first determine who we want to shoot, after that we vote for someone who seems like they are town but also seems like they're not corrupted. though I'm quite clueless as to how we figure out who is town and who is mafia. With this strategy, there's no such thing as ignorance as to who to shoot, if there is, well, the person didn't listen and is likely mafia.
Zack called for discussion but didn't actually ask for anything to discuss. Brad called for discussion and actually brought up something, while also trying to discuss what he brought up. I think you can guess which one seems scummy and which one doesn't to me.

Kimimaro D. wrote:
Zenkiti G. wrote:I'll provide more input later, but Lakoko struck me as town an AJ was yelling at me to post .-.

I'm really feeling this, but you explained it perfectly. Thanks c:

Lakoko, I trust that you'll shoot the right person, whoever town decides, with this gun.

**Unvote Zack E.... wait, this isn'thow to bold.-.

Unvote Zack E, Vote Lakoko

Also, sorry about the first RL I did on Zack E... We had nothing, and I just wanted to get the game started.

Also, my picture is so freaking creepy ;-;
Again, Kimimaro apologizes for something that... shouldn't really be apologized for? S/he (i can't tell) seems REALLY self-aware, a trait found in scum. I guess they could also just be the kind of person to apologize for literally everything, but I dunno.

Mary J. wrote:oh, yea. Me saying I have no legit suspicion and then contradicting it is probably because I am not sure about anything yet since it's so early in the game and we have almost no info and not enough posts by people. My suspicion on Dorian isn't really that strong, I don't think (and I don't really suspect Vicky, I'm pretty sure he's probs just dumb/trolling, I just said it could be a mafia trying to act dumb so we think he's just a townie that doesn't know what he's doing). Anything I said/think right now, could be changed with more posts. But yea, I agree with you that I contradicted myself right there (oops), but can you blame me? Took me ages to think/type that post. Anyway, I also agree that we should give the gun to someone that we think is probs a townie (I think I said that in my previous post too). So far, I gotta say Hinata looks like a townie, I'd be fine with giving her the gun as long as we agree on who to shoot first. Also I think Hinata is kind of a safe bet, she didn't really post much Day 1 so mafia didn't have any reason to go out of their way and corrupt her. I'm almost certain they either corrupted Lakoko or they decided to corrupt someone randomly. Anyway, for now I'll vote Hinata and I'll fos on Dorian.

vote Hinata W.
This pushes me in two directions. For one, Mary agreeing with me and accepting that she contradicted herself is really townie, but then immediately voting me makes me feel like she's trying to appease me in a way, if that makes any sense. That part just rubs me the wrong way.

Mob Boss confirmed.

Kimimaro D. wrote:How did you guys post ~12 messages in the time between my last message and now? I went to sleep yesterday with no new messages._.
Okay, so first off, I don't like all this "You're scummy for saying Lakoko H. Isn't cleared." We all know how bussing works. Of course, it's a very slim chance that Lakoko bussed Kokojo, but it is still a possibility. We don't have an easy way to scumhunt, though.

Second, I'm thinking the "give gun to a scummy person" is a neutral idea.
Pros: They probably aren't corrupted, and they have to shoot whoever we pick.
Con: It could possibly "clear" the person in some peoples' minds? "Oh, they shot mafia! They're somewhat clear!"

I think we should all post who we think is clear/semi clear/semi unclear/unclear. Who do we see as pro town? Who seems like mafia? Why? It can't hurt.

Who should we give the gun to? The chances of both our person with the gun and person to be shot being scum is so small... I don't think we should go with it. Giving our scum read only diminishes the chances of the gun going to a corrupted person, which is already very low. A trusted townie is probably a better idea, however, I'm not opposed to either.

Sorry if I contradicted myself in this post, trying to play a few games while reading/writing this.  
Again, a great post with useful content, and MORE apologizing? Why? That's just... scummy to me.

Vicky T. wrote:Just found out I have been playing this game completely wrong, I never realised about the corruption rule. that completely changes my read on Brad, sorry for suspecting you
Again, the willingness to accept a mistake screams townie to me, Vicky stating that she was wrong (especially when it seemed like most were basically just ignoring her) makes me feel like she's townie.

Kimimaro D. wrote:Okay, #3:
Zenkiti G: 3 overall posts, all day 1. (Is this correct?!) 1 of them was a BW on giving Lakoko the gun, 1 was a confirmation of his role, and 1 said "I'll provide more input later, but Lakoko struck me as town an AJ was yelling at me to post .-." Seems a tiny bit lurky.
Zack E: 6 overall posts. A Bandwagon, a confirmation, a question for activity, an irrelevant post, and 2 helpful posts.
Marina U: 4 posts. I honestly thought there were more than this, so my scum radar is going up on her. A bandwagon, a confirmation, 2 helpful posts.
Brad P: 10 posts. Literally, 1 confirmation and 9 lengthy, to an extent, posts. Lots of repetitive points, and lots of defense. But, it's all you can expect when he's being cornered.
Hinata W: 14 posts. 6 irrelevant posts. To be honest, she only started participating recently. The other 8 are okay, some less so than others. Still helpful, though.
Lakoko H: 17 posts. Our biggest "town" reading so far, with only about 8 relevant posts, all recently. about 4 iffy posts, and about 5 not helpful at all posts.
Mary J: 8 posts. 5 from the new sub, which all seem thorough and helpful. 3 from old sub, 2 unhelpful, 1 possibly helpful?
Vicky T: 13 posts. Not sure if scum/town, most posts are short and not very helpful. (I've been writing this on and off since my last post, so I just got to see your most recent post, which is indeed helpful. I will update my scum reading chart after finishing this list, by the way.) You seem to be neutral, maybe somewhat pro town after rereading some of your posts. You seem at a loss for help, though.

Zenkiti G. 9
Zack E. 7
Kimimaro D. N/A
Marina U. 7
Brad P. 5
Hinata W. 3
Lakoko H. 1
Dorian B. 3
Mary J. 3
Vicky T. 5

Highlighted this because of something that Zack stated: the neutrality of it. Scum generally try to be as neutral as possible so that they don't step on too many toes while still contributing and seeming really townie. That's what I feel Kimimaro is doing.

Kimimaro D. wrote:rip me, so many posts in 1 day. I forgot to vote. I'm going to go with Hinata, somewhat bandwagoning off of Vicky T's last post. Hinata didn't seem too townie D1, but seems much more so today. Vote Hinata.  Sorry for the BW
I... this isn't even a bandwagon! you provided reasoning! aaaand she apologizes again. It seems overly self-aware to me.

Basically, i'm going against A LOT of what has been said, and I feel like Kimimaro/Zack are scummy while Dorian/Vicky are townie.
I don't know what to make of Mary.
Zenkiti is inactive, Lakoko hasn't triggered any alarms for my read to change, Marina is also inactive, and I think that's everyone.
Hinata W.
Hinata W.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/hinata.shtml

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinata W. Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Also, the fact that Kimimaro put the inactive as the most scummy furthers my feeling that she doesn't want to step on anyone's toes/that she wants to avoid arguments.
Hinata W.
Hinata W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinata W. Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:27 pm

I forgot about Brad. I think he's townie too.
Hinata W.
Hinata W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky T. Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Ty Hinata, I for one read that, I hope others do too, very useful
Vicky T.
Vicky T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky T. Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:43 pm

I cry every time I see my avatar
Vicky T.
Vicky T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinata W. Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Vicky, do you have any...opinions on what i've said? Getting feedback would be nice.
Hinata W.
Hinata W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimimaro D. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Zack E. wrote:Kimimaro, I like how you made your scumread list from a fairly unbiased standpoint and I agree with it for the most part.  Since you can't scumread yourself, I'll do it for you using the same system.

Kimimaro D.: 12 overall posts.  A confirmation, 2 bandwagons (both lynches so far), 3 irrelevant posts, and 6 helpful posts, one of which was the quite detailed scumread list.  

If I were to use your 0-10 scale, you would be a 3.

Thank you for doing that for me.

Hinata W. wrote:Also, the fact that Kimimaro put the inactive as the most scummy furthers my feeling that she doesn't want to step on anyone's toes/that she wants to avoid arguments.
(I'm cutting your post up, I hope it doesn't come out incorrectly.)
Hinata W. wrote:

The first time I saw this (Day 1), I just skimmed over it because I felt like I saw nothing. Looking back, and looking at Kimimaro's posts in general, this seems... different. I'll be elaborating later.

Is the elaboration on the immense sorrying I do?

Hinata W. wrote:
WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU

I asked AJ about his activity. He said he should be responding soon, and that he talked with him.

(Jesus, cutting this up is difficult.)
Hinata W. wrote:
Kimimaro D. wrote:

Lakoko, I trust that you'll shoot the right person, whoever town decides, with this gun.

Also, sorry about the first RL I did on Zack E... We had nothing, and I just wanted to get the game started.

Again, Kimimaro apologizes for something that... shouldn't really be apologized for? S/he (i can't tell) seems REALLY self-aware, a trait found in scum. I guess they could also just be the kind of person to apologize for literally everything, but I dunno.

How is it something that shouldn't really be apologized for? I see it as a mistake, so I apologized for it.

Hinata W. wrote:
Kimimaro D. wrote:How did you guys post ~12 messages in the time between my last message and now? I went to sleep yesterday with no new messages._.
Okay, so first off, I don't like all this "You're scummy for saying Lakoko H. Isn't cleared." We all know how bussing works. Of course, it's a very slim chance that Lakoko bussed Kokojo, but it is still a possibility. We don't have an easy way to scumhunt, though.

Con: It could possibly "clear" the person in some peoples' minds? "Oh, they shot mafia! They're somewhat clear!"

I think we should all post who we think is clear/semi clear/semi unclear/unclear. Who do we see as pro town? Who seems like mafia? Why? It can't hurt.

Who should we give the gun to? The chances of both our person with the gun and person to be shot being scum is so small... I don't think we should go with it. Giving our scum read only diminishes the chances of the gun going to a corrupted person, which is already very low. A trusted townie is probably a better idea, however, I'm not opposed to either.

Sorry if I contradicted myself in this post, trying to play a few games while reading/writing this.  

Again, a great post with useful content, and MORE apologizing? Why? That's just... scummy to me.

Hinata W. wrote:Highlighted this because of something that Zack stated: the neutrality of it. Scum generally try to be as neutral as possible so that they don't step on too many toes while still contributing and seeming really townie. That's what I feel Kimimaro is doing.

Hinata W. wrote:I... this isn't even a bandwagon! you provided reasoning! aaaand she apologizes again. It seems overly self-aware to me.

Hinata W. wrote:Also, the fact that Kimimaro put the inactive as the most scummy furthers my feeling that she doesn't want to step on anyone's toes/that she wants to avoid arguments.

Yeah, It's just how I am. Of course, you guys can't believe/deny that, since this is anon. /me explodes. The... the sheer frustration that I can't make any of you know and believe it ;_; I hate being in fights. Why would I try to start a fight? To get shot? That's a terrible idea.

So, for all of these, I'm going to state that I do tend to apologize a lot, in real life, in normal mafia games, and here, etc. But, of course, scum/town, I'm going to defend myself and say that. Basically, I almost said 'I'm sorry for this long post," then I realized it would do me no good. I do try to stay neutral, because if I play too townie, and make it so I automatically have myself as town, I'm going to look like I'm pushing myself as town onto everyone else, like in Dethy. You don't say, "I'm a cop, so ___ is mafia." People just don't believe you at that point. Also, I've always thought of coping a lynch right after as BWing, my ba- I'm doing it again, rip.

Sorry, not sorry? xD I'm so freaking frustrated right now.
Kimimaro D.
Kimimaro D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky T. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Hinata W. wrote:Great. Looks like it's my turn to feel the pressure, eh?
Anyways, i've looked back to see if there's anything that catches my eye, and I present to you: my first tl;dr post!

Brad P. wrote:not going to decide on a lynch quite yet... I'm going to see what people do for now. We should probably discuss strategies. What if someone dies after getting a gun? what if someone shoots the wrong person? obviously the chance isn't very big they'll shoot the right person. What if someone shoots the right person? does that clear them? sure they're a lot less scummy, but what if the mafia is playing a trick with us?

WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU

Dorian B. wrote:From under the sea, comes me - Dorian B
I came up with a suggestion, which probably comes from under the sea
What if us townies decide on who we should kill
Then it won't be up to the mafia's will
(in case we vote wrong)
and those that didn't go along
we kill them the next day
then town wins and hooray
A quote from Dorian here because I honestly don't think that this would have been suggested by a mafia; most often, mafia want to appear helpful while not actually being helpful... and this was pretty dang helpful/useful.

Zack E. wrote:We need some more activity, come on guys discuss.
Just highlighting this to show the difference between Zack and Brad....

Brad P. wrote:well I tried to get some discussion started, but since nobody has reacted... anyways I'm not planning on being in the dead game again. I agree that we should vote for someone as a representative of some sorts, like we should probably first determine who we want to shoot, after that we vote for someone who seems like they are town but also seems like they're not corrupted. though I'm quite clueless as to how we figure out who is town and who is mafia. With this strategy, there's no such thing as ignorance as to who to shoot, if there is, well, the person didn't listen and is likely mafia.
Zack called for discussion but didn't actually ask for anything to discuss. Brad called for discussion and actually brought up something, while also trying to discuss what he brought up. I think you can guess which one seems scummy and which one doesn't to me.

Kimimaro D. wrote:

Mary J. wrote:oh, yea. Me saying I have no legit suspicion and then contradicting it is probably because I am not sure about anything yet since it's so early in the game and we have almost no info and not enough posts by people. My suspicion on Dorian isn't really that strong, I don't think (and I don't really suspect Vicky, I'm pretty sure he's probs just dumb/trolling, I just said it could be a mafia trying to act dumb so we think he's just a townie that doesn't know what he's doing). Anything I said/think right now, could be changed with more posts. But yea, I agree with you that I contradicted myself right there (oops), but can you blame me? Took me ages to think/type that post. Anyway, I also agree that we should give the gun to someone that we think is probs a townie (I think I said that in my previous post too). So far, I gotta say Hinata looks like a townie, I'd be fine with giving her the gun as long as we agree on who to shoot first. Also I think Hinata is kind of a safe bet, she didn't really post much Day 1 so mafia didn't have any reason to go out of their way and corrupt her. I'm almost certain they either corrupted Lakoko or they decided to corrupt someone randomly. Anyway, for now I'll vote Hinata and I'll fos on Dorian.

vote Hinata W.
This pushes me in two directions. For one, Mary agreeing with me and accepting that she contradicted herself is really townie, but then immediately voting me makes me feel like she's trying to appease me in a way, if that makes any sense. That part just rubs me the wrong way.

Mob Boss confirmed.

Vicky T. wrote:Just found out I have been playing this game completely wrong, I never realised about the corruption rule. that completely changes my read on Brad, sorry for suspecting you
Again, the willingness to accept a mistake screams townie to me, Vicky stating that she was wrong (especially when it seemed like most were basically just ignoring her) makes me feel like she's townie.

Kimimaro D. wrote:Okay, #3:

Zenkiti G. 9
Zack E. 7
Kimimaro D. N/A
Marina U. 7
Brad P. 5
Hinata W. 3
Lakoko H. 1
Dorian B. 3
Mary J. 3
Vicky T. 5

Highlighted this because of something that Zack stated: the neutrality of it. Scum generally try to be as neutral as possible so that they don't step on too many toes while still contributing and seeming really townie. That's what I feel Kimimaro is doing.

Kimimaro D. wrote:rip me, so many posts in 1 day. I forgot to vote. I'm going to go with Hinata, somewhat bandwagoning off of Vicky T's last post. Hinata didn't seem too townie D1, but seems much more so today. Vote Hinata.  Sorry for the BW
I... this isn't even a bandwagon! you provided reasoning! aaaand she apologizes again. It seems overly self-aware to me.

Basically, i'm going against A LOT of what has been said, and I feel like Kimimaro/Zack are scummy while Dorian/Vicky are townie.
I don't know what to make of Mary.
Zenkiti is inactive, Lakoko hasn't triggered any alarms for my read to change, Marina is also inactive, and I think that's everyone.
that first one, you said you'd elaborate, do that now plz
You are picking up a few points that aren't scummy or townie, such as kimimamora and their apologising
Aside from that a good post
Vicky T.
Vicky T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinata W. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

@Kimimaro
You shouldn't be apologizing for an RL. The entire point of an RL is that you unlynch it, which is what you did.
In terms of neutrality, i'm talking about the way you treat other players, staying neutral and not really analyzing the content of the posts, just stating if they're neutral or not (something which I personally believe doesn't help! Good mafia will always have useful posts). Also, you picked on the inactives, something which won't really piss off anyone. You also seem to repeat a lot of points that are said, although some of that can't be helped because there isn't tons of information.
Also, what do you mean by "coping a lynch right after Bwing"?
Hinata W.
Hinata W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinata W. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Vicky, the elaboration on that was that Kimimaro's posts are extremely non-confrontational, and I feel like they're under the guise of bringing in lots of info while not actually doing that - something that mafia players often do.
Hinata W.
Hinata W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky T. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:15 pm

I think he means if someone votes someone, then 1 or 2 posts later another person votes someone, he counts that as bandwagoning
Vicky T.
Vicky T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinata W. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:18 pm

We're using different definitions of bandwagoning then. I count bandwagoning as voting someone with little/no new reasoning, after someone else has already voted them.
Hinata W.
Hinata W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimimaro D. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:19 pm

I may have typo'd, and lost my train of thought. I meant, if someone /me lynches Hinata W., and I /me lynch Hinata W., after, it seems like a BW.

Also, I find it easiest to pick out the inactives, also, I was on and off while writing it. I decided to stop looking thoroughly into the posts.

I'm pretty bad at being mafia, so I don't tend to write helpful posts. I assumed the guilt got to everyone and clouded their heads, but I guess I'm just overly empathetic and guilt riden? Not sure. And, you're right, we don't have tons of information. So I repeat what I find important, so it can be used? I dunno, I have an odd play style.
Kimimaro D.
Kimimaro D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimimaro D. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm

Then yeah, we do have different definitions. Vicky T. explained my view on it. I really don't know where to go from here though. Do we just wait for other players to read the 3 new pages and comment?

Btw, I'm liking the activity! Very Happy
Kimimaro D.
Kimimaro D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinata W. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:23 pm

1) fair enough
2) why do you find it easier to pick out inactives? Wasn't the entire point of your post to show your views of everyone/pick out the scummy people? If so, why didn't you put in effort? If not, what was the point of your posts?
3) you can say that, but there's no way for me to know if it's true or not. I also have no idea what the middle part of that is saying.
4) I guess we can wait, since this discussion really isn't going anywhere, but you can also comment on the other things I brought up in my post, since there were parts that weren't related to you. Do you agree? Disagree? Why?
Hinata W.
Hinata W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimimaro D. Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:26 pm

For #3, I know there is no way for you to know, that's why I brought that up. Keeping options open, also, what "middle part?"

"I'm pretty bad at being mafia, so I don't tend to write helpful posts. I assumed the guilt got to everyone and clouded their heads, but I guess I'm just overly empathetic and guilt riden? Not sure. And, you're right, we don't have tons of information. So I repeat what I find important, so it can be used? I dunno, I have an odd play style." This?

When I'm mafia, I tend to be too guilty to really play pro town, it's a quirk that makes me hate being mafia. I am terrible, and I don't think I've won many games as mafia. I just, feel so bad lying as mafia, that I fuck it up every time, if that's what you're confused on. Again, you can't tell if I'm lying or not, which kind of sucks.

I'll go dissect it again and comment on the other points, then. Will be up in ~10 minutes or so?
Kimimaro D.
Kimimaro D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next