PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

+8
Kimmy S.
Anima V.
Emmy A.
Cherry P.
Clara H.
Jeremiah W.
Infernando G.
ajhockeystar
12 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game 32: Farmer's Hydra - Page 34 Empty Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:16 am

also people shouldnt be mentioning if they got fruit today so that we can keep those who actually have fruit a secret
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 am

Cherry:

Emmy: I thought about a fool-proof way to break this fruiting system.

Of course, it requires the fullest support of town is sort of counter-intuitive, but I think it is the only fool-proof way.

Basically, we have the person who is being lynched making the randomized list --- this way if they flip town, we have a non-manipulated list to use, and if they flip scum, well, we have lynched scum and that is always a plus Very Happy

This is common sense thinking though. If Emmy handn't done it, somebody else would have.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:35 am

Cherry P. wrote:also people shouldnt be mentioning if they got fruit today so that we can keep those who actually have fruit a secret

Well it's kinda late for that. By the looks of it, it seems I'm the only one that has a fruit left. I asked everybody else for this and it seems everybody passed it. Was going to suggest that, but the issue is that mafia would be aware of this so you couldn't really do that. Also the fact that nobody thinks the same. Somebody might just outright call out and say that they didn't receive the fruit.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 am

There's also the fact that nobody thought of actually keeping the fruit to themselves. Sucks I'm the only person to have thought of this.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 am

Clara H. wrote:
umm hasley all your wierd clears based on the fruits are null because there was no nk
kimmy claims I have been very passive, yet I p much led the lynch on shepherd. On the other hand, you have been making fairly large posts, but I havent really seen a strong sr coming out of you. Lynch Kimmy
Cherry: i agree with this, i think clara pretty actively went after shepherd, although some of the points she brought up were repeated. aside from that i do think she's been fairly passive though.

The agree part is to the Kimmy passiveness thing, the Clara reason thing, or the my "weird" clears thing?

I already explained those clears. Assuming you read them since they were just below Clara's post but doesn't hurt to ask.

Also can you comment on the reason for why I lynched Emmy. I just want to get your perspective.

Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:42 am

Halsey N. wrote:
This is common sense thinking though.  If Emmy handn't done it, somebody else would have.
i suppose. It's not something I would've thought of, which makes me tr her for it.

Halsey N. wrote:
Well it's kinda late for that.
unfort. regardless people still shouldnt talk about whether they got fruit or not

Halsey N. wrote:There's also the fact that nobody thought of actually keeping the fruit to themselves. Sucks I'm the only person to have thought of this.
i suppose, people are understandably just risk-averse
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:43 am

Halsey N. wrote:
The agree part is to the Kimmy passiveness thing, the Clara reason thing, or the my "weird" clears thing?
clara leading the shepherd lynch

Halsey N. wrote:
Also can you comment on the reason for why I lynched Emmy. I just want to get your perspective.

ill take a look
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:47 am

Also did you read my nice theories
-next to each other most likely not mafia
-a townleader most likely mafia (halsey/caroline/emmy)
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:49 am

Halsey N. wrote:
Regarding Proctor, he didn't really bring much POV as he did a strategy and some reasons to lynch Jeremiah. You on the other hand brought out the pass fruit strategy. It could be said this is common sense but nonetheless, I'm sure that what Proctor had brought out had been already discussed. I'll recheck that. Also the fact is that he kept stating he was busy and not posting much, I have a doubt he wouldve become a "4th leader"
I agree that idt he would be a third leader. however, i think proctor was killed for the following reasons:
a) he was townread by almost everyone
b) he came up with the fruit clearing strategy
c) he brought up the reason that he had for locktowning me which makes no sense to bring up from a scum standpoint
as such i dont think the "a townleader must be scum" theory holds weight.

Halsey N. wrote:I feel this was an out of tune partner that just jumped to seize the chance and you outright tried to control him. This ties in to the "opposites of the plan" post which I'll explain later. There is also the fact that you basically stayed on Jeremiah since you "believed" he was scum despite what Shepherd went through (this can also be seen a little when you questioned if you should switch to Jeremiah when you lynched Anima).

Now you want to take the safe option (based on behavior that is way worse than Shepherd) and not lynch Clara instead??? (which tbh, is around the leagues of Jeremiah with the awful reasons to lynch for better or worse)

There is also the fact that you were shaky on somebody like Anima while Infernando being way too similar and showing no restrict on him I don't like as well. All of this just feels like you are taking the safe way out while trying to sound reasonable.

Also, by lynching Infernando, I guess you are denouncing the people next to each other thing and you still haven't read my post about why it makes sense (that was a response to Kimmy's question). Tbh, the fact that you are denouncing it outright and don't believe in the townleader thing means that you are going to lynch another of the "non townleaders' which iirc Caroline already why they are likely to not be partners.

PLUS, the fact that Infernando goes with anybody like Caroline said really seems like you are taking the really safe option out. Why not look at other stuff like interactions rather than just what is blantant scummy. If you notice, Infernando hasn't communicated with anybody at all on any meaningful level which seems weird that you would target somebody like this first and not Clara or Kimmy.
i suppose emmy taking the easy way out / hedging her lynches could point to her being scum. I dont really have anything that would disprove this, and ill definitely think about it more. shes definitely been erratic wrt her lynch, especially at the end of the day (as seen w/ shepherd and jeremiah).
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 am

Halsey N. wrote:Also did you read my nice theories
-next to each other most likely not mafia
-a townleader most likely mafia (halsey/caroline/emmy)
i dont agree with either
already explained the second
first one i think its not a good idea for mafia to perform a kill since it does narrow down who could be mafia
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:52 am

The first one has a good foundation from my pov. Read my response to Kimmy to see what I mean.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:54 am

Imma check on Proctor on B.) and C.). A can easily be disproved since Emmy was also town to everybody.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:54 am

Also the fact that Emmy brought up that plan is not so different from what Proctor did.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:59 am

id still give kudos to both of them for bringing up their respective plans
ill go read your response
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:06 am

Halsey N. wrote:
Um, that's the point. The fact there was no kill means that because of the fruits, mafia were not next to each other to initiate a kill. If mafia were next to each other, they could just kill and ignore the fruit saying they passed it to each other regardless.

Also Kimmy, the fact that nobody ever brought this up earlier for when the fruit was used means that nobody planned on capitalizing on this to begin with, especially mafia, so I feel this is justified.
im fairly certain that a kill meaning the scum were next to each other was brought up previously.

Halsey N. wrote:
Also, there is no reason for mafia not to initiate the kill at all since we would be at mylo. I guess we could learn from the mafia more like that since they would be able to kill twice while we are forced to nl but, that would leave us at a 3v2 and I don't think mafia would risk that (and of course give them control of the kill).
i think the risk of splitting people into groups, especially with such a small number of players remaining, is too big of a drawback/risk for mafia to take the kill

Halsey N. wrote:The capitalizing thing is the not killing even if they had a chance to do it when fruit was passed (being next to each other). Everybody was worried about mafia being next to each other in probability of initiating the kill and since nobody brought this up, I find it hard to believe mafia wouldn't have initiated the kill if they had a chance to when fruit was passed.
i am confused by what you mean here, unless you're saying that people werent as worried about mafia being next to each other to allow the kills, so mafia wouldve done it by now?
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:06 am

Proctor: Instead of giving a fruit in a chain together in one night, we do not need to specify the night we will need fruit the others. What we do instead is we assign a target to each player. For example, if Clara would fruit, she will always fruit Caroline. If Halsey would fruit, he would always fruit Kimmy. This is just an example. By doing this, we guarantee that we can prove who gave the fruit and that each player would not receive more than one fruit. The reason we don't specify a night is so that fruit giving could be random. Thus, in a night that there was a nightkill, we could prove who is clear. I'll give an example:

This should've been done from the first day tbh. Only thing I fear is if mafia would actually go for the kill (since its essentially the outing thing) or play it safe.

This has a huge flaw that I didn't get to point out. You guys might be clearing a "scum" by doing this. Actually, mafia would use this strategy to clear a scum tbh. It kinda makes the whole thing null and a bad plan as a whole. There's also the fact that mafia could just change who sends the kill and make this null entirely (instead of catching that one person who is doing all the kills if they decide to only let one person send in kills)
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:07 am

Halsey N. wrote:
This has a huge flaw that I didn't get to point out. You guys might be clearing a  "scum" by doing this. Actually, mafia would use this strategy to clear a scum tbh. It kinda makes the whole thing null and a bad plan as a whole. There's also the fact that mafia could just change who sends the kill and make this null entirely (instead of catching that one person who is doing all the kills if they decide to only let one person send in kills)
thats why this strategy is only done when there's one mafia remaining, im not 100% but i think someone else mentioned that this should only be done w/ one maf left on that same day
the plan works completely fine when one mafia is left
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:07 am

Nvm on the first day thing. For a sec thought that it could be cool by stating that the people that would be cleared would have more of a chance of being town and mafia, but as I already disproved myself. It doesn't work that way.

I need sleep...
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:08 am

Yeah you're right. I'm just too sleepy atm.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:08 am

Mafia would then play it safe though. Atleast that way you deactivate mafia's kill which is awesome.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 am

Cherry: im fairly certain that a kill meaning the scum were next to each other was brought up previously.

Yeah, by Emmy and her randomized list idea and that is the point I'm trying to stress. I'm guessing that at that point, everybody's and even mafia's minds were hardwired to kill if they were next to each other on that list thus why I proposed the next to each other not being mafia theory.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry P. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:12 am

Halsey N. wrote:Mafia would then play it safe though. Atleast that way you deactivate mafia's kill which is awesome.
which post of mine are you talking about lol
Cherry P.
Cherry P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:12 am

well only mafia's minds and town would have the preconception that they would do it also.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:12 am

Cherry P. wrote:
Halsey N. wrote:
This has a huge flaw that I didn't get to point out. You guys might be clearing a  "scum" by doing this. Actually, mafia would use this strategy to clear a scum tbh. It kinda makes the whole thing null and a bad plan as a whole. There's also the fact that mafia could just change who sends the kill and make this null entirely (instead of catching that one person who is doing all the kills if they decide to only let one person send in kills)
thats why this strategy is only done when there's one mafia remaining, im not 100% but i think someone else mentioned that this should only be done w/ one maf left on that same day
the plan works completely fine when one mafia is left

This one.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down

Post by Halsey N. Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:13 am

I guess we're both tired.
Halsey N.
Halsey N.

Back to top Go down