Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Shepherd D. wrote:Deadline is quickly approaching!
D O N T R E M I N D M E

By the way IDLE ON YOUR FRUIT TONIGHT. IT HAS BEEN SAID A FEW TIMES BUT NOW YOU REALLY HAVE NO EXCUSE
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 pm

WHAT EVEN ARE THE LYNCHES RIGHT NOW

LIKE IT'S LIKE DAY 1 WHERE I WANT TO SWITCH TO JEREMIAH BUT I'M PRETTY SURE THAT IF I DO HE ISN'T ACTUALLY LYNCHED
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Jeremiah W. wrote:I actually meant it could mean you don't read the thread, sorry about the weird wording.
pretty big difference there, just saying...

Jeremiah W. wrote:
and how does that made it better?
it doesnt make it any better or worse, i'm just pointing out that my activity decreased for no reason other than me actually having shit to do

Jeremiah W. wrote:
It means you wouldn't elaborate much normally, and you only would if you were asked to.
I already explained why you shouldn't be expecting me to elaborate on something that i've not been asked about

Jeremiah W. wrote:"obsessed" since when was I "obsessed" with making "bad arguments" targeted at you? How about you also list examples, hmm?
the previous one you fell back on on day 1 and this one
i dont remember you having similarly bad arguments against anyone else..
its ok jeremiah, you're allowed to say that you just want my attention


Shepherd D. wrote:Lynch Jeremiah W.
And there it is. There's the pitiful attempt at a counterwagon to try and end the day without you getting lynched. Why "pressure" someone that has no lynches on them? That's not pressure, that's just desperation.
on the contrary, it seems like you're the one who's a bit desperate. Unless you've not realized, you're currently the one who's going to be lynched at the end of the day; right now, jeremiah has no real reason to go after anyone other than you if he's desperate to keep himself alive.

Shepherd D. wrote:Lastly, I don't like the way he immediately unlynched Cherry after she posted, almost as if he didn't even read it. That was some pretty harsh skepticism, and just because of one wallpost defense you completely drop it?
lol his argument was not harsh whatsoever, and I refuted all but one of his points (maybe two?) in that defense, i'd drop the case too
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Time to read in 14 mins. Somebody kill me and release me from this punishment...
avatar
Halsey N.

Posts : 210
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Shepherd D. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Emmy, whichever head just made that post scored yourself a townread in my eyes. You brought up a lot of great points, and a lot of them, such as your point on me v Jeremiah, didn't seem like something I'd expect scum to elaborate on so close to deadline (if that makes sense). Your other head is confusing me so much!!! That is, if I'm reading the heads correctly. Unable to get direct quotes right now, but the head that was talking nearer to the start of day today is just flipflopping on town and scum to be honest. They brought up some decent points, but they also brought up some decent filler as well, and some of those points were empty. That's all for now, will elaborate tomorrow (and yes, I think it's a great idea to use my striking muscles as your designating factor! Go for it! cheers ) Anyways, can someone (very) quickly clarify what the agreed-upon plan is tonight? If I receive no response, will assume we are all idling.
avatar
Shepherd D.

Posts : 56
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Shepherd D. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Never mind, didn't see Emmy's large bold post. Idling fruit tonight.
avatar
Shepherd D.

Posts : 56
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Emmy A. wrote:WHAT EVEN ARE THE LYNCHES RIGHT NOW

LIKE IT'S LIKE DAY 1 WHERE I WANT TO SWITCH TO JEREMIAH BUT I'M PRETTY SURE THAT IF I DO HE ISN'T ACTUALLY LYNCHED
5-3 shepherd-jeremiah, you switching would tie it up but shepherd would still die due to plurality
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Shepherd D. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Who's plur even on right now??? Haven't looked at lynches in too long, would be nice if AJ gave a last-min lynchcount.
avatar
Shepherd D.

Posts : 56
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by ajhockeystar on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Yes, you can nl.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by ajhockeystar on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Votecount 2.3
******************************

Shepherd D.(5)- Caroline M., Clara H., Cherry P., Emmy A., Jeremiah W.
Jeremiah W.(3)- Kimmy S., Dr. Proctor, Shepherd D.
Cherry P.(0)-
Emmy A.(0)-
Dr. Proctor(0)-
Halsey N.(0)-
Caroline M.(0)-
Clara H.(0)-
Infernando G.(0)-
Kimmy S.(0)-
Not Voting(2)- Infernando G., Halsey N.
******************************
There are 10 alive so it takes 6 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Tuesday the 12th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Shepherd D. would be lynched.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:51 pm

I BELIEVE WE ARE IDLING UNTIL ONE SCUM DIES THEN WE ARE DOING THE DOCTOR PROCTOR SYSTEM OF CLEARING VIA FRUIT
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:52 pm

YOU KNOW WHAT SCREW EVERYTHING

UNLYNCH SHEPHERD D.
LYNCH JEREMIAH W.


HALSEY AND INFERNANDO SHOULD DO THINGS
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Dr. Proctor on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Running out of time at this point so imma just sum it up from here. Basically: he starts the game by not making reads, easy posts, not ATTEMPTING to create reads. And from that point on (maybe it was the other head idk hard to tell) he did come out with a readlist out of the blue in a game where he supposedly couldnt make reads(he refered to himself as "I" in the post while quoting the quote where he said he liked to be passive and doesnt like making reads until he has a solid basis). The list itself wasnt bad but i thought he said he couldnt read anyone?_?_?

Multiple times he seems to backtrack on himself just to maintain this passive standpoint and not have any true push he wants to pursue for example:

"Based on the context of the situation (3 lynches on her after she suggested everyone post their scumreads, preceded by a spell of inactivity), I don't think Anima is this scum mastermind who is attempting to change the course of the lynch with a single punctuation. I feel like she just feels overwhelmed by all the pressure she's receiving, and it might be discouraging her from wanting to get fully back into the game considering that her situation is so bleak. She very well could be scum, but I hope for scum's sake that they're a bit harder to detect than that in a game like this.

If I were to lynch someone right now, I would lynch Kimmy. His manner of scumhunting is simply way too black and white, which I don't view as logicial. I don't feel like a manner of scumhunting like Kimmy's can consistently lead to finding scum. Obviously, this doesn't mean that he has to be scum himself, but I don't have any strong scumreads at the moment, as most of the super active players in this game have overwhelmingly demonstrated town qualities."

But in the next post.....
"I'd like to clarify a bit on Anima though. Although I think she might really be town, it doesn't make much sense to keep someone who has provided nothing but confusion for the entire game (We have paragraphs of discussion about a bolded question mark) alive. Since she hasn't added any meaningful content to any of this games discussions besides the fruit passing at the beginning, I am not opposed to an Anima lynch."
avatar
Dr. Proctor

Posts : 42
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Shepherd D. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Aw, darn! Didn't see plur on me. Welp, good luck guys! As I like to say... may the odds be ever in your favour! And follow Proctor and Emmy, they are town and there's not a lot they can do to change that (aside from Emmy's weird 2nd head.)
avatar
Shepherd D.

Posts : 56
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Cherry P. wrote:
Shepherd D. wrote:Lastly, I don't like the way he immediately unlynched Cherry after she posted, almost as if he didn't even read it. That was some pretty harsh skepticism, and just because of one wallpost defense you completely drop it?
lol his argument was not harsh whatsoever, and I refuted all but one of his points (maybe two?) in that defense, i'd drop the case too
YOU DON'T THINK HE'D MAKE AN EFFORT TO DEFEND HIS PUSH EVEN A BIT?
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Emmy A. wrote:
This is the short version, yes. Less so "passive" and more "hedging" AKA being neutral in a way that lets him look like he's scumhunting without getting too deep into one push. ("Well this thing is scummy but then again it could just be town doing this one thing" or "Well I scumread this person for this thing but he doesn't HAVE to be scum"
hmm that seems v similar to the self-aware thing i was irritated at jeremiah for at the start of the game.. *cough* just saying *cough*

man i had something else to say but i forgot, lemme skim the thread
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 pm

oh i remember now
shepherd had already lynched jeremiah by the time of your post, emmy, so i don't think the point you had wrt that applies
and i think we should not use fruit at all tonight regardless of the outcome since we haven't had time to discuss but i wont be too upset if emmy's system is followed
(I WILL be upset if you send fruit and we don't lynch scum today, looking at you infernando)
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Emmy A. wrote:
Cherry P. wrote:
Shepherd D. wrote:Lastly, I don't like the way he immediately unlynched Cherry after she posted, almost as if he didn't even read it. That was some pretty harsh skepticism, and just because of one wallpost defense you completely drop it?
lol his argument was not harsh whatsoever, and I refuted all but one of his points (maybe two?) in that defense, i'd drop the case too
YOU DON'T THINK HE'D MAKE AN EFFORT TO DEFEND HIS PUSH EVEN A BIT?
his push was pure garbage, i dont think it was actually defensible aside from the one point i asked for evidence on
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Shepherd D. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:56 pm

If Jeremiah is town, Cherry is scum.
If Jeremiah is scum, Cherry is town.

There simply aren't enough people on right now to take plur off me, so I'm honestly just throwing reads out there. Enjoy them as you wish...
avatar
Shepherd D.

Posts : 56
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Shepherd D. wrote:Aw, darn! Didn't see plur on me. Welp, good luck guys! As I like to say... may the odds be ever in your favour! And follow Proctor and Emmy, they are town and there's not a lot they can do to change that (aside from Emmy's weird 2nd head.)
if shepherd flips town thats gonna be 2/2 townies in a row who've said some really fkn scummy shit before dying
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Dr. Proctor on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:56 pm

7 minutes it too little time mfw, i could keep going through the iso but outside of a decent readlist this slot hasnt given me much to make me believe it is a townslot.
Also i'll post it again just because i can and no harm in doing so: EVERYONE NEEDS TO IDLE TONIGHT, NO EXCUSES *violently states at the one person who screwed it up last night*you know who you are >Sad
avatar
Dr. Proctor

Posts : 42
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Shepherd D. wrote:If Jeremiah is town, Cherry is scum.
If Jeremiah is scum, Cherry is town.

thats not how this works
you cant just reverse one likely statement and say the other is equally likely

just bc jeremiah's been throwing lots of bad arguments at me doesnt mean that i'm scum if hes town lol
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:57 pm

I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE TRYING TO PUSH HIM BASED ON WHAT I INTERPRETED AS A PREGAME JOKE, WHICH I DIDN'T LIKE

THIS IS DEFINITIVELY NOT A JOKE DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT APPEARS IN MULTIPLE POSTS AS HOW HE IS PLAYING AND HE'S MADE EFFORTS TO SEEM LIKE HE'S ACTUALLY SCUMHUNTING WHEN HE'S CALLED OUT ON IT BUT THE EFFORTS THEMSELVES ARE WEAK ONES
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Shepherd D. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Darn it! I was really enjoying this game! It just hit me how annoying it is that I gave such crappy reads at the start of the day today. I wouldn't have screwed this all up if I hadn't.



NEVER FORGET THE GUNS! afro


Last edited by Shepherd D. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Shepherd D.

Posts : 56
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Cherry P. wrote:
Emmy A. wrote:
Cherry P. wrote:
Shepherd D. wrote:Lastly, I don't like the way he immediately unlynched Cherry after she posted, almost as if he didn't even read it. That was some pretty harsh skepticism, and just because of one wallpost defense you completely drop it?
lol his argument was not harsh whatsoever, and I refuted all but one of his points (maybe two?) in that defense, i'd drop the case too
YOU DON'T THINK HE'D MAKE AN EFFORT TO DEFEND HIS PUSH EVEN A BIT?
his push was pure garbage, i dont think it was actually defensible aside from the one point i asked for evidence on
BUT WHY WOULD HE MAKE IT TO BEGIN WITH IF HE DIDN'T PLAN ON DEFENDING IT?
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum