PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 26: F11

+7
Old Man Swamp
Tierra A.
Leona L.
Wilbur R.
Keanu R.
Morrison Z.
ajhockeystar
11 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Game 26: F11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Game 26: F11

Post by Leona L. Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:16 am

Rita O. wrote:
Leona L. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:Also did i mention how pissed of I am that last day of day 2 and only 3 people have said something lol. I guess i gotta hand it to Wilbur for persevering with my insanity despite him being apparently lazy. I am surprised that ellen hasnt said anything at all despite being no.2 on plurality and could easily be lynched.

I guess i'll say a few reasons why I think Leona might be mafia. The same reason as Wilbur where I said that she has shown that she can deliver excellent readlists and analysis but only when I told her I wanted to see her do more of that. Also it felt really weird that she didnt reply to ellen's questioning of leona's read against her and instead focused on what i had to say when i was against her. Usually if you lynch someone you discuss it with them like what I am doing with Wilbur because no townie is certain that one is mafia just by scumhunting so they discuss to make sure their lynch is reasonable and stuff like that. It felt like Leona lynched for the sake of lynching rather than genuinely being passionate about finding the mafia even tho she had a legit reason. Instead she focused on defending herself against me. Thats what you call defensive because I didnt even lynch her but she in lynching ellen. Idk if that makes sense tho so tell me if it doesnt and i'll try be more clear.

I think this is what you meant, so I will clarify. Firstly, I must point out that my reasoning may be a little weird but it's just how I play. I can do my own analysis, but I am best at scum hunting by reading others' analysis i.e. pointing out their flaws in their read list etc. which is why I may not have posted as much analysis as you may expected. However, I do attempt to insert my own read list on others, although I am not the best at that kind of scum hunting. With that said, I will be online later today to finally finish what I want to say about yesterday and today's posts. Secondly, it was kind of a mistake on my part but for some reason I thought Day 2 deadline was a day earlier. Also, due to timezone, the forum's activity is highest when I am just about to go to sleep. Thus, the Ellen lynch was kind of like "the best lynch for today" since I had to go to sleep soon. Again, I mistakenly assumed it would be night and since I was busy, I didn't visit the forums at all so I didn't know it was not night yet. The reason why I didn't respond much to Ellen is because as I said, it was late and I had made my mind of who I wanted to lynch before going to sleep. I did read Ellen's response though, which made sense, and was why I said that I wanted to shift onto Wilbur. I waited but decided against it (mostly because I was half-asleep). Lastly, I don't see how it is defensive to respond to your arguments while I was lynching Ellen. If you could clarify that, it would be nice.

No i am fine with you just pointing out flaws in other people's posts because i am p sure thats scumhunting as well if you take it a step further as to make a connection to a trait that makes it scummy. But as of the time of that post, before I pressed you, all you were really doing was pressing others for thoughts or giving your own thoughts about why this method of scumhunting is wrong and the other is right.  Even at the start of day 3 you only really talked about the nightkill and then disappeared for a bit lol. I like how you are scumhunting wilbur now but again, you've been pressed by more than one person before doing so.

About the defensive thing, you were lynching ellen and I was pressing against you about the fact you wanted to end a discussion. You didnt reply to ellen's defense, instead you and I had a discussion about that and the theory thing. I understand that people defend themselves because they want to clear up misunderstandings or just give their point of view, however i felt it was weird that you didnt respond to ellen and only focused on defending yourself when i pressed you. The post where you lynched ellen was 10:16 pm and our discussion ended on 12:03 am. (My timezone and if you say you were gonna go to sleep i think we have the same timezone). So you stayed up for 2 hours and I believe ellen responded to you about 20 mins after your post. That means you had an hour and a half to respond to her even if you were half asleep. Even if you say you already made up your mind of lynching ellen it doesnt mean you dont respond to ellen's defense. You say you waited, but what were you waiting for? If anything ellen was waiting for you. I guess it was unfortunate that you thought deadline was one day earlier but i felt that you were too focused on responding to me when i pressed you which is why i said you were defensive.

I won't reply to your first point because for that action is more important than words, which I will prove. As for your second point, I didn't reply to Ellen because personally at that moment both Ellen and Wilbur were equally scummy to me. I decided to lynch Ellen, however, because she had more scummy posts and I don't want to lynch Wilbur and not give him a chance. I read Ellen posts while we were having our discussion and I was like "okay, i can see where she's coming from" which is why by the end of our discussion, I said I may lynch Wilbur instead. I was waiting on Wilbur to come online and post, which didn't happen (before I left anyways). Basically, my lynch wasn't "I'm sure Ellen is scum!" but more of a "lynch before I sleep". If I agree with someone, usually I won't reply to them. I think my point would be clearer if I had unlynch Ellen and lynch Wilbur, but 2 hours later my brain wasn't thinking straight. I guess you can call me defensive for mainly focusing on you but I find your argument kinda absurd that I had to reply while Ellen was more of a "yep i see".
Leona L.
Leona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:11 am

Ellen D. wrote:
Leona L. wrote:What I have so far:

Obvious stuff first

1) Our game is probably the one with no power roles, meaning our Mafia Roleblocker lynch may not be that game-changing. However, the mafia did not know this in advanced so those that lynched Keanu have that going for them.

Now the not-so-obvious reads:

First, let me try to analyze the night kill. I also think it was a terrible choice (to be honest, I didn't even know Old Man Swamp was in the game). The only reason I see is Old Man Swamp did lynch Keanu first? I guess that was the reason. Not sure how useful that would be just wanted to put an end to the discussion.

Now for the reads: Since it is just the beginning of the game, I will try to scum hunt by another method. I'll summarize what each player did so far, and what I think their intentions were.

Going by the player list:

McGinty: McGinty at first wanted more activity to scumhunt, which was understandable since activity was quite low. I don't see why the mafia would encourage activity, since it allows them to lurk easier. Since then, he lynched Keanu, which I highly doubt it was a bus because there is no reason to bus a mafia roleblocker over mafia goon. His posts are of good quality and I don't see why he would be mafia. To me, he is easily the towniest player in the game. The only thing that would change my mind is if he is still alive until the end game (as much as I don't want to say this, if there is no doctor, he is probably the first one to go).

Morrison Z: As for Morrison, his early game posts were pretty much filler as the "Morrison" character. At first I thought his "^^^" post that agreed with Keanu could mean something, but he already was against hypo before, so it probably doesn't mean anything. To be honest, I don't agree with lynching him. Nothing screams scum to me. In my opinion, his posts were not defensive. He even provided a read list while I was typing up this post. He changed now and I think we should give him an opportunity to participate more.

Rita: For some reason, I don't like Rita's spike in activity. It reminds me of some game in the past where mafia posted a lot and no one bothered to question them since they were the town leaders, resulting in a easy victory. I'm just probably thinking too much though. Let's start with her day 2 posts. She really dislike the idea of cop claims as she thinks it's useless. I don't know why this is such a big deal to be honest, but she did have multiple posts on this topic. I do like her read lists though, I think so far this one is the most critical and detailed.

Tierra: I have no idea what to say. She just disappeared. And before she disappeared, she basically lynch (or unlynch) in every posts. She did take plurality off Morrison onto Keanu, but perhaps it was due to her low activity that she forgot to do anything about it.

Wilbur: Wilbur is scummy to me because I think he was the one that put plurality on Morrison. He didn't mentioned much about the reason though. All his other posts are basically asking for cop to claim etc... not so much in terms of other details. Would like to hear more from him.

and lastly

Ellen: I think she is scummy. For one, she said "happy to lynch Leona" which to me implies she wants to lynch those that are not participating (since she didn't lynch Morrison as his previous post said he will play better now). However, Morrison did post but she still lynched him, which I think was weird. Ellen seems lynch-happy. I don't think her posts were that detailed or brought up anything significant. She townread Wilbur but didn't provide much reasoning. All in all, I find Ellen to be scummy which is why i will

Lynch Ellen

Please tell me your thoughts on this.

While I mostly agree with what you said, I have bolded everything I disagree with and i will explain why

Rita disagreeing about cop: Rita didnt disagree about cop claim. she just thought it was a bad idea to focus entirely on cop, which I agree with, since there is likely no cop anyway

I just dont understand that first sentence about me and i think you just misunderstood my first post? am confused

I've already talked about the lynch happy thing

I never Townread wilbur (unless i did then sorry) I just said that I didnt think asking for a cop claim was scummy

Now i wanna comment on the nightkill thing
That nightkill was seemingly random, with no thought. I think that nightkill was made by someone who didnt really keep up with day 1. Which when it came to night they just thought, oh its n1 doesnt matter who i kill, and randomly picked from the PL. Someone who i think would do this would be.......
Tierra! Tierra do something plz

In ellen's reply she says " I just dont understand that first sentence about me and i think you just misunderstood my first post? am confused" which clearly indicates that she wants you to elaborate on that point. If you read it like you say you did surely you would have elaborated that point? I dont think the argument is absurd because "yep i see" is not everything you had to say.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona L. Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:42 am

1) Absurd => as in your argument that I "wanted to end the conversation" which as far as I know many people disagreed about it and when I tried to analyze further was met with a response of "not useful".

2) As I said, I would answer her questions if I deemed her to be scummier. On the contrary, her explanation makes me think she is townier, even though i still lynched her. I know this may not show by my lynch but at that point I had wilbur as slightly scummier than Ellen. I could elaborate sure, but that would imply I still suspected her, which I am starting to doubt.
Leona L.
Leona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona L. Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:47 am

Ellen D. wrote:Alright. Wow. 3 reads lists.  fun

Both Morrison and Leona described me as lynch happy?
So far I lynched someone day 1, then never unlynched
Day 2 I mentioned someone being the person i would lynch, then after a while lynched someone different, then unlynched a bit later
i dont see how im 'lynch happy'

Will elaborate in a second i just need to read some stuff

Ellen D. wrote:At the start of the day, I went through i few names that I considered as options for scum
I said I didnt want to lynch morrison at the time because he promised a 'new' morrison (just like morrison kinda did at the half time break against ash. cool) and i wanted to see this new morrison
the new morrison didnt seem that townie, so i lynched him.
after many times being nagged at about it by Leona and Morrison, I unlynched as they had convinced me Morrison wasnt a good lynch target.
1 more post coming maybe/maybe not

AKA these two posts sufficiently answered what I wanted. Looking back at it, I probably would have lynched Wilbur, albeit the final outcome would probably still be the same.
Leona L.
Leona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:14 am

About that argument i think it might be easier to see my POV if we thought about it backwards. Back then i said (and i still believe) that ellen and morrison are less likely to be mafia due to the choice of nightkill. If lets say morrison is mafia, he would have killed tierra because he noticed that tierra would be very likely seen by everyone else as town (i am p sure it was one of the first things he said in day 2) and also tierra is a better kill than OMS. Yet OMS died which made me conclude that the mafia killed OMS because he looked at those who lynched Keanu in AJs votecount and wanted to eliminate someone who would have been a very likely townie without the doc blocking it. Which is why i am pretty sure the mafia is out of wilbur or leona.

Imo, elaborating doesnt suggest suspecting her or not, its always good to have people talk because it gives you more to work with. You are never 100% sure about who is town or not so getting her to talk makes it clearer for you if shes more scummy or more townie.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:53 pm

Rita O. wrote:I am pretty convinced that morrison isnt the mafia tbh, if either of you flip town then i think the other is mafia. (Ellen and wilbur). Can someone give me a votecount? Its kinda hard to keep track on phone and I am sorta in bed doing this xD

I am reading Ellen's ISOs and honestly they dont strike scummy until the end where she goes onto Wilbur. It's the opposite with Wilbur where i felt he was scummier until the end. However why did you switch from morrison to ellen?

(by the way rita, don't blame yourself for lynching ellen; your opinion shifted from between leona and me to between ellen and me on the previous day.)

Rita O. wrote:While reading back on everyone's ISOs i remembered why i thought wilbur said he forgot to post on the day he promised to when he said that he was too lazy. After wilbur was pressed the first thing he posted was:

Wilbur R. wrote:i was supposed to make a post yesterday whoops!!
let me read back and then post something

"Whoops" implies that it was an accident that he didnt post on the day he promised to which would suggest that he forgot. However wilbur logged on and made his status hidden but he couldnt be bothered to post, thats no accident. So that begs the question, why did you "whoops" when there wasnt anything to whoops about. To make it seem like you forgot? It's a subtle thing but to me it felt like you were self-conscious so you wanted it to seem accidental in case someone thought your laziness was scummy. I dont think being lazy is scummy, just annoying and it is definitely not something you can convict a person with. Idk if i am going to deep with this and i know its subtle but it felt unnecessarily self-conscious which is a scummy trait.
Yeah, I forgot that I was SUPPOSED to make a post.
I did not post because I was lazy, but I did forget that I promised to post. I dislike not following up on my promises without explaining why I have not done so, which is why I explained that I forgot.
Let me know if you want me to re-explain that in a different way.

i'm going to a new years party in some time, I really hope you'll get out some good stuff before I go, Leona (would be nice to start some discussion on that before I leave).

I went ahead and re-read the previous day to see if it would change my mind on anything, and I have a stronger townread on both Rita and Harrison now.
...so I guess it didn't change my mind at all.

I'll go read the current page now.
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:57 pm

Leona L. wrote:
Ellen D. wrote:Alright. Wow. 3 reads lists.  fun

Both Morrison and Leona described me as lynch happy?
So far I lynched someone day 1, then never unlynched
Day 2 I mentioned someone being the person i would lynch, then after a while lynched someone different, then unlynched a bit later
i dont see how im 'lynch happy'

Will elaborate in a second i just need to read some stuff

Ellen D. wrote:At the start of the day, I went through i few names that I considered as options for scum
I said I didnt want to lynch morrison at the time because he promised a 'new' morrison (just like morrison kinda did at the half time break against ash. cool) and i wanted to see this new morrison
the new morrison didnt seem that townie, so i lynched him.
after many times being nagged at about it by Leona and Morrison, I unlynched as they had convinced me Morrison wasnt a good lynch target.
1 more post coming maybe/maybe not

AKA these two posts sufficiently answered what I wanted. Looking back at it, I probably would have lynched Wilbur, albeit the final outcome would probably still be the same.
Had you lynched me, I would've been hammered, so the outcome of us being in the same scenario would have been the same, but Ellen would be here instead of me (and I think i'm more useful, so it's a good thing that you didn't lynch me!)
actually thinking about it the reasoning that various people wouldve had for lynching me wouldve been different, since they wouldn't be plurshifting onto me in this case.
Regardless, it definitely would have changed how things played out on the previous day.
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:48 pm

Wilbur R. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:I am pretty convinced that morrison isnt the mafia tbh, if either of you flip town then i think the other is mafia. (Ellen and wilbur). Can someone give me a votecount? Its kinda hard to keep track on phone and I am sorta in bed doing this xD

I am reading Ellen's ISOs and honestly they dont strike scummy until the end where she goes onto Wilbur. It's the opposite with Wilbur where i felt he was scummier until the end. However why did you switch from morrison to ellen?

(by the way rita, don't blame yourself for lynching ellen; your opinion shifted from between leona and me to between ellen and me on the previous day.)

Rita O. wrote:While reading back on everyone's ISOs i remembered why i thought wilbur said he forgot to post on the day he promised to when he said that he was too lazy. After wilbur was pressed the first thing he posted was:

"Whoops" implies that it was an accident that he didnt post on the day he promised to which would suggest that he forgot. However wilbur logged on and made his status hidden but he couldnt be bothered to post, thats no accident. So that begs the question, why did you "whoops" when there wasnt anything to whoops about. To make it seem like you forgot? It's a subtle thing but to me it felt like you were self-conscious so you wanted it to seem accidental in case someone thought your laziness was scummy. I dont think being lazy is scummy, just annoying and it is definitely not something you can convict a person with. Idk if i am going to deep with this and i know its subtle but it felt unnecessarily self-conscious which is a scummy trait.
I did not post because I was lazy, but I did forget that I promised to post. I dislike not following up on my promises without explaining why I have not done so, which is why I explained that I forgot.

i'm going to a new years party in some time, I really hope you'll get out some good stuff before I go, Leona (would be nice to start some discussion on that before I leave).

I went ahead and re-read the previous day to see if it would change my mind on anything, and I have a stronger townread on both Rita and Harrison now.

Yeah but i would have thought that any normal townie would still check the forums just to see how the game has progressed during the day since you were logged in so might as well. Surely reading the thread and seeing how not just you but other posts stated that you were gonna post "tomorrow", surely that would have reminded you? Unless you were so lazy you couldnt be bothered to click your mouse a few times, but thats just strange.

I planned to lynch today to give myself time so that a repeat of day 2 doesnt happen however I am fairly stumped as to who i want to lynch. So i am gonna wait for leona to make her promised post and also for morrison to give his thoughts before I lynch. However i may lynch earlier if those posts dont come early enough because i still wanna give myself time to change if i have a change of opinion.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona L. Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:57 pm

Expect my posts by morning EST time.
Leona L.
Leona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Rita O. wrote:
Wilbur R. wrote:

Yeah but i would have thought that any normal townie would still check the forums just to see how the game has progressed during the day since you were logged in so might as well. Surely reading the thread  and seeing how not just you but other posts stated that you were gonna post "tomorrow", surely that would have reminded you? Unless you were so lazy you couldnt be bothered to click your mouse a few times, but thats just strange.

I planned to lynch today to give myself time so that a repeat of day 2 doesnt happen however I am fairly stumped as to who i want to lynch. So i am gonna wait for leona to make her promised post and also for morrison to give his thoughts before I lynch. However i may lynch earlier if those posts dont come early enough because i still wanna give myself time to change if i have a change of opinion.
I skimmed the thread to see if anything important jumped out at me / if there was anything I felt like responding to(readslists, lynches, anything like that).
There wasn't anything.
I don't remember whether the posts asking me to post came before or after I checked the thread so I can't really respond to the latter half of your point.
I'd tell you whether I remember seeing my promise to post during the skimming, but I honestly have no idea because that was a week ago (I think) and the psanon posts I read a while ago are not something I keep in my memory intentionally (and they're not something that's likely to unintentionally stay either).

Leona L. wrote:Expect my posts by morning EST time.
.-.

Lynch Leona
Consider this pressure, motivation, a result of you still stalling, or whatever you want it to be. You know why it's here and you know how to get it to move (if you care about doing so)
I'm leaving soon, will check the thread before I do if there's anything short that I can post that needs to be posted.
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:19 pm

alright, i'm heading out.
Happy new year, everyone!
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:55 am

Wilbur R. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:
Or how about we not figure out who cop is but figure out who mafia is instead, much more efficient use of our time and also if the cop doesnt want to claim we dont have to force him...

Also i feel like if there is a cop, they most likely would have already claimed since mafia roleblocker is dead so I feel like it is safe to assume this is a no power role setup in my opinion. Which is why i dont want you guys thinking about the cop, but the mafia instead.
lol please we should absolutely be figuring out if cop is in the game (would appreciate McGinty/Tierra confirming that they're cop/not cop). While yes, we should be looking for a mafia atm, the most important order of business is having cop claim if they exist because if they die in the night, we will have literally just thrown away our best way of winning. There is ZERO reason cop should not be claiming if they are present and reading these posts, which is why I am assuming that everyone here isn't cop (again, assuming everyone is playing optimally).
That being said, I am probably beating a dead horse at this point so i'm going to stop yelling at everyone to claim if they're cop (if doctor's itg they should be on McGinty or Tierra, assuming they don't post in here ofc. I think it's safe to assume anyone who posts from here on out without claiming is NOT cop) and start looking at what's been posted thus far.
...tomorrow.

This post is the one where you promised to post tomorrow and since you said you went to sleep after that I asssume your timezone is either EST or CST. Through extensive statistical research of post times, you like to come on mostly in the evening (this is all through your perspective) while sometimes coming on mid-afternoon or late night.

(Side note: when you went on holiday, using CST made your times look as if you like to come during early afternoon which means I gonna guess you went to somewhere like florida or something for holiday.)

This means posts like this:

Ellen D. wrote:Hey Wilbur would you like to talk about something unrelated the cop/doc
Thanks and Merry Christmas
Ellen D.

And this:

Rita O. wrote:
Ellen D. wrote:Hey Wilbur would you like to talk about something unrelated the cop/doc
Ellen D.

He said he will tomorrow so i am guessing he went to sleep after posting. But i cant believe only like 3 posts happened overnight.... Today should be the day where we compile our thoughts and decide on a lynch but how is this gonna even happen with like 3 or 4 people talking in the whole game.

Which were posted during the morning EST time would have probably been seen by you since you most likely would have come on in the afternoon or evening.

This:

Morrison Z. wrote:
Rita O.(0):
Good contributions, not a town read for me because she could just be really good scum but definitely leaning more town than scum. Either way, I don't think we should lynch her at the moment because she's one of the people keeping the game active and is being a lot more intellectual than the rest of us

Leona L.(0)-
Tbh all i have really seen from you is you saying that you'll post or you'll do something but you never really have. You haven't said anything significant enough for me to think you're scum but I'd definitely be up to lynch you if you're not gonna do/say anything.

Ellen D.(0)-
Like McGinty said, you could be playing under the radar and you seemed really jumpy when you were so persistent on lynching me and then unlynched me really quickly. Wouldn't say it's scummy and so I don't think you're the best lynch today

McGinty P.(0)-
Definitely not on my scum list right now because well, i said it, you said it, we all said it. Still think that you're reason to lynch me isn't justified cause its literally what anyone would do but nonetheless, not a good lynch option.

Tierra A.(0)-
Along with what i said, I think what Rita said can be taken into consideration too because you could have just not known. Still don't think mafia would be that ignorant tho so you're more likely town imo. I still think you should say something

Wilbur R.(0)-
I honestly, appreciate your efforts to make cop claim, props to you but its pretty evident that there is no cop. (UNLESS ITS LEONA OR TIERRA OR SOMEONE WHO ISNT HERE). But I actually just realized something but its not safe to say so I'll keep it to myself until the time is right. But yeah, on behalf of you I'll say it one more time

IF THERE IS A COP IN THIS GAME THEN CLAIM BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU NOT TO

Anyway, you don't strike scummy to me, you just seem like a frustrated townie.

This was posted mid-afternoon (4:30 EST) so it could be you came online earlier and didnt see this one. However you most likely would have seen the earlier posts which were posted early morning. Also if what you say is true then you came online at a time when no readlists were posted yet so perhaps before morrison posted his one. That means the last page was page 4 and your post is at the top of page 4. Therefore you must have seen your post where you promised to post and also have seen ellens post after that because it was posted on around 4:30 am EST. That feels pretty inconsistent dont you think?
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:58 am

Wilbur R. wrote:alright, i'm heading out.
Happy new year, everyone!

This is part of the side note, if this was posted when wilbur is still on holiday then it makes sense that he went to a place where the timezone is EST. Idk if florida is the best place to go in this time of year but everyone says its a nice place to go lol
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 pm

Welp, i guess since its past noon EST time i think i am gonna write up my lynch post. Also morrison has just disappeared!!!!!!
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:37 pm

I got back from vacation two days ago. If you're wondering why I didn't say so, I didn't want to make my identity too easy to guess and didn't see why it was necessary to say that I was back.
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:37 pm

i have to go out & will respond to the other post when i get back
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Wilbur R. wrote:I got back from vacation two days ago. If you're wondering why I didn't say so, I didn't want to make my identity too easy to guess and didn't see why it was necessary to say that I was back.

you didnt have to lol, i was just trying to guess where you went for holiday. But in terms of the post a while back you didnt go on holiday back then so all my reasoning still applies.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona L. Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Wilbur R. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:
Wilbur R. wrote:

Yeah but i would have thought that any normal townie would still check the forums just to see how the game has progressed during the day since you were logged in so might as well. Surely reading the thread  and seeing how not just you but other posts stated that you were gonna post "tomorrow", surely that would have reminded you? Unless you were so lazy you couldnt be bothered to click your mouse a few times, but thats just strange.

I skimmed the thread to see if anything important jumped out at me / if there was anything I felt like responding to(readslists, lynches, anything like that).
There wasn't anything.
I don't remember whether the posts asking me to post came before or after I checked the thread so I can't really respond to the latter half of your point.
I'd tell you whether I remember seeing my promise to post during the skimming, but I honestly have no idea because that was a week ago (I think) and the psanon posts I read a while ago are not something I keep in my memory intentionally (and they're not something that's likely to unintentionally stay either).

.-.

Lynch Leona
Consider this pressure, motivation, a result of you still stalling, or whatever you want it to be. You know why it's here and you know how to get it to move (if you care about doing so)
I'm leaving soon, will check the thread before I do if there's anything short that I can post that needs to be posted.

Well we all know why you lynch me and it was to remove plurality on you! (I mean, of course I don't mind you lynching me but let's be honest that's the real reason here). Anyways after a few naps I can finally post.
Leona L.
Leona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:50 pm

I have already stated why I don't think Morrison nor Tierra are the mafia so I am just gonna talk about Wilbur and Leona.

So what I like about Leona during this game is how most of her reasoning is solid and true, for instance the big post that she dedicated for the nightkill analysis and also the readlist she did, all the reasoning she gave I couldn't really find any flaws with it. (Although I still think the guy who killed OMS didnt notice that tierra's UL shifted plurality onto keanu which made her a fairly solid townread lol). Even though she hasn't been scumhunting as much as i wanted her to, in terms of the content in her posts it's been pretty good.

However there are a few reasons why I believe she might be mafia. First of all idk if she's stalling or not but I don't think it's fair to say that she is stalling in case she actually has a busy schedule. However what I dont like is why she made a whole post dedicated to the nightkill on day 3 when it wasnt the most important topic of discussion when she could have perhaps combined it with replying to the post where i talked about why Leona could be mafia or any other post that was useful in terms of finding who the scum is. I guess thats what you would call stalling coz it meant that we had to wait 2 more days for you to have started scumhunting on day 3 and also 3 more days until i got the reply i wanted.

Also here's something i noticed from day 1:

Leona L. wrote:
McGinty P. wrote:24 hours later, one person speaks. aj, get your subs ready... or just remind everyone. Please, we need some activity to scumhunt.

I appreciate your efforts to encourage discussion, but all your posts have been this without actually contributing to the actual scum hunting. If you want to scum hunt, then you should lead it. Also I'm not sure how much information we can gain from day 1 since we are still in RVS stage.

I do agree with the Hypo strategy since there is a possibility of a Mafia Roleblocker.

This seems like a pretty good quality post...until you put it into perspective with when it was posted. McGinty was trying to spur activity that wasnt shitpost and only ellen actually posted something useful at the time, however Leona here is telling McGinty that he should be scumhunting instead of urging people to post. But at the time there wasnt anything that he could have analysed which makes this post feel like an unnecessary aggressive attempt to seem townie. What confuses me tho is how she then added that on RVS stage you cant actually get decent information, so then why did she criticise the fact that McGinty wasnt scumhunting? It makes the first part of the post even more of a shoehorned attempt of seeming townie.

btw you havent really said any thoughts about morrison yet, but i am guessing that will be coming in your post.

Anyway so now Wilbur, he's been pretty solid in defending himself and what I like is how he is pretty much posting everyday without fail after the last day of day 2. However idk if its coz i am non-stop attacking him pretty much but i feel like he has only really been defending himself rather than scumhunting. His lynch on Leona is the result of saying that she is the most likely to be mafia out of everyone else due to the fact she hasnt been scumhunting and also disappearing for lengthy periods of time. However I'm p sure I introduced that thought about the scumhunting thing, so even tho he is lynching her, I feel like he hasnt been trying to find posts that can confirm his suspicions of lynching her which could mean that he isnt lynching with the intention of finding mafia but instead with the intention of a mislynch. Instead I feel like i am doing everything lol.

Also I just dont buy the fact that you only lynched morrison d1 just coz he's the best lynch. Although he literally did nothing but filler, it seems all too coincidental that he jumped on the BW straight after tierra lynched which ended up pushing the plurality to morrison and kept keanu safe. However you've talked about this a lot and I think its just my opinion so i guess it cant be helped.

Finally the little inconsistency that i pointed out recently can show that Wilbur was too self-conscious about the situation and so he said he forgot so that he seems less scummy.

Now that I think about it, I don't think lynching right now is necessary just because I STILL cant make up my mind who i want to lynch and also lynching for the pressure is not needed coz I know that Wilbur is gonna reply and Leona already has a lynch on her. Therefore I dont feel the need to lynch until i've made up my mind.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Rita O. wrote:
Wilbur R. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:
Or how about we not figure out who cop is but figure out who mafia is instead, much more efficient use of our time and also if the cop doesnt want to claim we dont have to force him...

Also i feel like if there is a cop, they most likely would have already claimed since mafia roleblocker is dead so I feel like it is safe to assume this is a no power role setup in my opinion. Which is why i dont want you guys thinking about the cop, but the mafia instead.
lol please we should absolutely be figuring out if cop is in the game (would appreciate McGinty/Tierra confirming that they're cop/not cop). While yes, we should be looking for a mafia atm, the most important order of business is having cop claim if they exist because if they die in the night, we will have literally just thrown away our best way of winning. There is ZERO reason cop should not be claiming if they are present and reading these posts, which is why I am assuming that everyone here isn't cop (again, assuming everyone is playing optimally).
That being said, I am probably beating a dead horse at this point so i'm going to stop yelling at everyone to claim if they're cop (if doctor's itg they should be on McGinty or Tierra, assuming they don't post in here ofc. I think it's safe to assume anyone who posts from here on out without claiming is NOT cop) and start looking at what's been posted thus far.
...tomorrow.

This post is the one where you promised to post tomorrow and since you said you went to sleep after that I asssume your timezone is either EST or CST. Through extensive statistical research of post times, you like to come on mostly in the evening (this is all through your perspective) while sometimes coming on mid-afternoon or late night.

(Side note: when you went on holiday, using CST made your times look as if you like to come during early afternoon which means I gonna guess you went to somewhere like florida or something for holiday.)

This means posts like this:

Ellen D.

And this:

Rita O. wrote:
Ellen D.

He said he will tomorrow so i am guessing he went to sleep after posting. But i cant believe only like 3 posts happened overnight.... Today should be the day where we compile our thoughts and decide on a lynch but how is this gonna even happen with like 3 or 4 people talking in the whole game.

Which were posted during the morning EST time would have probably been seen by you since you most likely would have come on in the afternoon or evening.

This:

Morrison Z. wrote:
Rita O.(0):
Good contributions, not a town read for me because she could just be really good scum but definitely leaning more town than scum. Either way, I don't think we should lynch her at the moment because she's one of the people keeping the game active and is being a lot more intellectual than the rest of us

Leona L.(0)-
Tbh all i have really seen from you is you saying that you'll post or you'll do something but you never really have. You haven't said anything significant enough for me to think you're scum but I'd definitely be up to lynch you if you're not gonna do/say anything.

Ellen D.(0)-
Like McGinty said, you could be playing under the radar and you seemed really jumpy when you were so persistent on lynching me and then unlynched me really quickly. Wouldn't say it's scummy and so I don't think you're the best lynch today

McGinty P.(0)-
Definitely not on my scum list right now because well, i said it, you said it, we all said it. Still think that you're reason to lynch me isn't justified cause its literally what anyone would do but nonetheless, not a good lynch option.

Tierra A.(0)-
Along with what i said, I think what Rita said can be taken into consideration too because you could have just not known. Still don't think mafia would be that ignorant tho so you're more likely town imo. I still think you should say something

Wilbur R.(0)-
I honestly, appreciate your efforts to make cop claim, props to you but its pretty evident that there is no cop. (UNLESS ITS LEONA OR TIERRA OR SOMEONE WHO ISNT HERE). But I actually just realized something but its not safe to say so I'll keep it to myself until the time is right. But yeah, on behalf of you I'll say it one more time

IF THERE IS A COP IN THIS GAME THEN CLAIM BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU NOT TO

Anyway, you don't strike scummy to me, you just seem like a frustrated townie.

This was posted mid-afternoon (4:30 EST) so it could be you came online earlier and didnt see this one. However you most likely would have seen the earlier posts which were posted early morning. Also if what you say is true then you came online at a time when no readlists were posted yet so perhaps before morrison posted his one. That means the last page was page 4 and your post is at the top of page 4. Therefore you must have seen your post where you promised to post and also have seen ellens post after that because it was posted on around 4:30 am EST. That feels pretty inconsistent dont you think?
im gonna trust that all of the timing information is correct because I a) cba to do it myself and b) have no idea how you did it in the first place
Now, I legitimately have no idea when I accessed psanon on that day but I do believe I only accessed it once. There are four scenarios that I can think of that occurred.
a) everything you said has been posted already and i skimmed through it and didn't find any of it worth responding to (e.g. not seeing my own promise, not caring about other people asking me to post, not thinking Morrison's readslist was important [sorry if this is the case]). Possible but probably unlikely.
b) Morrison's readslist was not posted yet, and everything else that was posted was small or not something that I felt like responding to. Most likely the case.
c) nothing was posted yet. Highly doubt this happened.
d) there was an option here but I forgot what it was. I'll say it if I remember.

Something that I think is relevant here is actually something I just now noticed. Whenever I make a new post, unless I want to check back or have some other reason for reading back, I always start at the END of my latest post and go down from there. That means its highly unlikely that I ever saw my promise when I was skimming on that day.

Leona L. wrote:

Well we all know why you lynch me and it was to remove plurality on you! (I mean, of course I don't mind you lynching me but let's be honest that's the real reason here). Anyways after a few naps I can finally post.
Feel free to think of any reasoning you desire behind the lynch. I don't think it's something relevant or worth arguing about right now.

Rita O. wrote:I have already stated why I don't think Morrison nor Tierra are the mafia so I am just gonna talk about Wilbur and Leona.

Anyway so now Wilbur, he's been pretty solid in defending himself and what I like is how he is pretty much posting everyday without fail after the last day of day 2. However idk if its coz i am non-stop attacking him pretty much but i feel like he has only really been defending himself rather than scumhunting. His lynch on Leona is the result of saying that she is the most likely to be mafia out of everyone else due to the fact she hasnt been scumhunting and also disappearing for lengthy periods of time. However I'm p sure I introduced that thought about the scumhunting thing, so even tho he is lynching her, I feel like he hasnt been trying to find posts that can confirm his suspicions of lynching her which could mean that he isnt lynching with the intention of finding mafia but instead with the intention of a mislynch. Instead I feel like i am doing everything lol.

Also I just dont buy the fact that you only lynched morrison d1 just coz he's the best lynch. Although he literally did nothing but filler, it seems all too coincidental that he jumped on the BW straight after tierra lynched which ended up pushing the plurality to morrison and kept keanu safe. However you've talked about this a lot and I think its just my opinion so i guess it cant be helped.

Finally the little inconsistency that i pointed out recently can show that Wilbur was too self-conscious about the situation and so he said he forgot so that he seems less scummy.

Now that I think about it, I don't think lynching right now is necessary just because I STILL cant make up my mind who i want to lynch and also lynching for the pressure is not needed coz I know that Wilbur is gonna reply and Leona already has a lynch on her. Therefore I dont feel the need to lynch until i've made up my mind.
I'm gonna do this in reverse.
I think I talked about the third point above.
RE: the second point - When I saw Tierra's post I thought to myself "yeah, I agree with this" and lynched Morrison. I really can't do anything about it being coincidental to pushing plurality off Keanu. I also already explained why Morrison was the best lynch and thus why my lynch was.. valid I guess. If you disagree, I would really like if you could bring up who a better lynch target was and why.
RE: The first point - I think now's a pretty good time to bring in something I was thinking of but never really had a relevant time to say.
At the start of this day, I was townreading everyone left, yes?
So there are three "kinds" of townreads (at least the ones I had relevant to this game): Content townreads, Interaction townreads, and Result townreads. Content townreads are people I townread because they have good content and say useful things. Interaction townreads are people who I feel are town because of the way i've interacted with them and seen them interact with others. Result townreads are people who I feel are town because of the results they've gotten through lynches or other roles.
Tierra, obviously, falls under the Result townread section. Morrison is an Interaction townread. Rita is both an Interaction and a Content townread. Leona is a Content townread.
In these three kinds of townreads, I rank them in this way (from towniest to least townie):
Result>Interaction>>Content.
As a result, my townreads (at the start of the day) were Tierra>Rita/Harrison>Leona.
From what I remembered, I could really think of nothing to pressure the former three on. I don't think I have only been defending myself though, I pointed out a strange post from you and asked Harrison to post (not counting my response to Tierra because that was a defense). I think what you are wondering, however, is why I haven't been looking through Leona's posts and building an argument.
I was having a harder time analyzing Leona's posts because i felt there was nothing or very little that was concrete (i've said this before). As such, I asked her to post so I could do so. However, she, well, didn't. The couple posts I felt like she made were either not useful or based on OMGUS (fmpov). So like you say, I haven't been finding posts that could get me to lynch her because THERE ARE NONE. It's more of the fact that she's stalling + not posting after being asked many times that makes me think she's the most likely to be scum. (The things you've quoted before are kinda useless to quote and point out as "bad" unless i'm making a comprehensive argument against Leona).
I'm actually curious as to how long Leona has been stalling, so i'm gonna check back now.
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Leona L. wrote:Wow, that was a lot of posts. I'll go over them carefully and I make some posts later when I have time.
I don't remember any responses to the previous day from Leona aside from the one where she talks about why she lynched Ellen instead of me.

She then talks about... the nightkill from two days ago. good stuff.

Insert two days (she's gone for some of the 27th, all of the 28th, and some of the 29th) where she disappears here...

Leona L. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:Alright well i guess i'll let wilbur defend himself with those but can you defend yourself on the reasons i gave as to why you could be mafia?

Kinda press on time I'll do that + the rest I promised soon
This was two days ago. It came after she brought up an argument against me (I suppose it was concrete, but it was heavily flawed and i've already pointed out why).

Leona L. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:Also did i mention how pissed of I am that last day of day 2 and only 3 people have said something lol. I guess i gotta hand it to Wilbur for persevering with my insanity despite him being apparently lazy. I am surprised that ellen hasnt said anything at all despite being no.2 on plurality and could easily be lynched.

I guess i'll say a few reasons why I think Leona might be mafia. The same reason as Wilbur where I said that she has shown that she can deliver excellent readlists and analysis but only when I told her I wanted to see her do more of that. Also it felt really weird that she didnt reply to ellen's questioning of leona's read against her and instead focused on what i had to say when i was against her. Usually if you lynch someone you discuss it with them like what I am doing with Wilbur because no townie is certain that one is mafia just by scumhunting so they discuss to make sure their lynch is reasonable and stuff like that. It felt like Leona lynched for the sake of lynching rather than genuinely being passionate about finding the mafia even tho she had a legit reason. Instead she focused on defending herself against me. Thats what you call defensive because I didnt even lynch her but she in lynching ellen. Idk if that makes sense tho so tell me if it doesnt and i'll try be more clear.

I think this is what you meant, so I will clarify. Firstly, I must point out that my reasoning may be a little weird but it's just how I play. I can do my own analysis, but I am best at scum hunting by reading others' analysis i.e. pointing out their flaws in their read list etc. which is why I may not have posted as much analysis as you may expected. However, I do attempt to insert my own read list on others, although I am not the best at that kind of scum hunting. With that said, I will be online later today to finally finish what I want to say about yesterday and today's posts. Secondly, it was kind of a mistake on my part but for some reason I thought Day 2 deadline was a day earlier. Also, due to timezone, the forum's activity is highest when I am just about to go to sleep. Thus, the Ellen lynch was kind of like "the best lynch for today" since I had to go to sleep soon. Again, I mistakenly assumed it would be night and since I was busy, I didn't visit the forums at all so I didn't know it was not night yet. The reason why I didn't respond much to Ellen is because as I said, it was late and I had made my mind of who I wanted to lynch before going to sleep. I did read Ellen's response though, which made sense, and was why I said that I wanted to shift onto Wilbur. I waited but decided against it (mostly because I was half-asleep). Lastly, I don't see how it is defensive to respond to your arguments while I was lynching Ellen. If you could clarify that, it would be nice.
this is fine I suppose, but I think defending her points and responding to my counterargument was all she did on this day (correct me if i'm wrong).

Leona L. wrote:I will finish my thoughts later today, but maybe a bit late due to it being New Year.
I dont know what Leona's timezone is so I can't comment on this, but it is still stalling..
We know this didn't happen.
Leona L. wrote:
I don't remember when this came, but morning EST has still passed and the posts still aren't here. At this point we're getting close to deadline so it feels like (may not be the case) Leona is waiting until the last moment to try and push a lynch onto someone who may not be able to defend themself in time.

Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:27 pm

defending herself, not her points.
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Are you kidding me? You mean in our posts where we mention your name you dont even notice it? You'd think normally people would notice their name being mentioned and then read about what they have said about you....what a guy.

Perhaps its unlucky for you that things happened the way it did in day 1, I am just finding it hard to swallow that it was all a coincidence. But you are right a morrison lynch is valid but then again scum wouldnt BW without a valid reason.

I'm p sure i found stuff today but idk if those are the ones you are saying are bad (i also didnt really understand what you said in brackets rip). Idk if you are genuinely trying or you just arent trying enough tho, however i am more inclined to say you are genuinely trying because you have given the impression that you are doing more than the bare minimum.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona L. Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Wilbur R. wrote:
Leona L. wrote:Wow, that was a lot of posts. I'll go over them carefully and I make some posts later when I have time.
I don't remember any responses to the previous day from Leona aside from the one where she talks about why she lynched Ellen instead of me.

She then talks about... the nightkill from two days ago. good stuff.

Insert two days (she's gone for some of the 27th, all of the 28th, and some of the 29th) where she disappears here...

Leona L. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:Alright well i guess i'll let wilbur defend himself with those but can you defend yourself on the reasons i gave as to why you could be mafia?

Kinda press on time I'll do that + the rest I promised soon
This was two days ago. It came after she brought up an argument against me (I suppose it was concrete, but it was heavily flawed and i've already pointed out why).

Leona L. wrote:

this is fine I suppose, but I think defending her points and responding to my counterargument was all she did on this day (correct me if i'm wrong).

Leona L. wrote:I will finish my thoughts later today, but maybe a bit late due to it being New Year.
I dont know what Leona's timezone is so I can't comment on this, but it is still stalling..
We know this didn't happen.
Leona L. wrote:
I don't remember when this came, but morning EST has still passed and the posts still aren't here. At this point we're getting close to deadline so it feels like (may not be the case) Leona is waiting until the last moment to try and push a lynch onto someone who may not be able to defend themself in time.

Here is what I find confusing:

1) I have no idea why you would say that when 3 of Ellen lynches were made ONE HOUR OR LESS BEFORE DEADLINE. I checked back and saw that Ellen wasn't online to defend herself since she didn't make any posts. You may argue "well it's just a theory" but that just seems hypocritical to say. (which imo you seems to be doing a lot today)

2) Why are you lynching me exactly? Honestly checking back the only real argument I can find is "did not have a solid read list + slow to respond" which I think is a very weak reason. Or could it be process of elimination? I doubt it since earlier today you posted "Process of elimination really shouldn't be used as your sole reason for lynching someone. If you have something else, I can try to convince you that you're misinterpreting it / the reasoning is flawed, but poe is generally really weak and should only be used as a supporting

Leona L.
Leona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Rita O. wrote:Are you kidding me? You mean in our posts where we mention your name you dont even notice it? You'd think normally people would notice their name being mentioned and then read about what they have said about you....what a guy.

Perhaps its unlucky for you that things happened the way it did in day 1, I am just finding it hard to swallow that it was all a coincidence. But you are right a morrison lynch is valid but then again scum wouldnt BW without a valid reason.

I'm p sure i found stuff today but idk if those are the ones you are saying are bad (i also didnt really understand what you said in brackets rip). Idk if you are genuinely trying or you just arent trying enough tho, however i am more inclined to say you are genuinely trying because you have given the impression that you are doing more than the bare minimum.
I don't remember saying I didn't notice it? I'm assuming that if I did see the posts that asked me to post, I was too lazy and didn't feel like posting so I didn't.
I really can't do anything else about your view on the day 1 lynch. It's entirely subjective at this point. I disagree that scum wouldn't BW without a valid reason, since BWing without a valid reason is one of the ways you get scum. It's more town who generally tend to not bw without a reason.
What I meant is that there's no real point in requoting what you've already pointed out and pointing them out as bad unless i'm building a comprehensive case on Leona. It's similar reasoning to why I didn't just repeat what Tierra said when lynching Morrison.
The amount of effort that i'm putting into the game is known by me but there's no way to prove it. That's another thing that's just subjective and something that I have no real way of changing your minds about (except like pointing out my posting frequency? idk).
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next