PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

+10
Robert O.
Trixie T.
Callister W.
Gulzar L.
Julie C.
Antony V.
Namiko R.
Bucky A.
Romeo M.
ajhockeystar
14 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia - Page 4 Empty Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Romeo M. Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:00 am

I think both of you are simply approaching this with two different strategies, both of which are valid.
Antony aims to get information by voting people and reaction-testing, and even going as far as lynching, whether it is far before deadline or not, to find out whether the logic that he had been using was correct, and if not, he figures out how he should change what he does to better target scum.
Victor, on the other hand, lays back and watches, forming a view of everyone in the game, and then he votes when it is necessary after figuring out who he best believes is scummy. He would probably do the same thing as Antony would do after the vote in order to better find scum.

I hope i got that right, but that's what i've interpreted from what i just saw.
Either way, its not something that you guys should be going aggro at each other about, there will likely be other more important things that will come up that would be better topics of discussion.
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Romeo

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo M. Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:27 am

In case you guys wanted my reads on anything, I am leaning town on everyone that has contributed to discussion thus far, as you all are scumhunting and contributing to the game. Personally, I would lynch an inactive because they are less likely to contribute to the game (unless someone else subs in for them) and because I see everyone who has contributed so far as pro-town.
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo M. Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:30 am

I would like to add that even though some people have said or done things that may seem scummy, I personally feel that every active contributor has been more pro-town than scummy or anti-town.
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo M. Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:36 am

Before i post this, i'd like to apologize for my triple, and now quadruple post. I randomly remember things and since we are not allowed to edit, I have to make a new post.
ajhockeystar wrote:
Users that haven't come online in the past 24 hours (as of yesterday at 9pm EST) and risk receiving a prod:

Julie C.
Robert O.

I just noticed this. Has Robert posted anything else other than his original post that confirmed his role? I don't recall seeing any post (please point it out to me if I missed it, i'm only human and it's definitely a possibility). In the case that he hasn't, it means that Robert has been lurking and not posting. That in itself is generally scummy, as posting, even if it is to ask for help on what exactly they can do to contribute, is a pro-town thing and lurking without posting anything at all is generally anti-town.
I believe Julie did post a comment saying that she was late (which is not a helpful contribution, but its still something to signify that she is there), which is why I didn't bold her name as well (in case you were wondering).
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo M. Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:48 am

Replying once again to say that Robert has not posted at all (I just checked) so he has definitely been lurking. Personally, I think that's scummy (he could also simply have no idea what to say, so it would be wise to not lynch him immediately and give him SOME time to respond before we do so, if we do it at all)

Julie C. wrote:I'm late D:

Bucky A. wrote:I see a bit of romance going on.

I'd just like to quote these to show what has been posted by the other two who have not received a prod yet (Thus discounting Kazuki, who posted once at the very start and then did not post again. His non-posting is inactivity, not lurking, as shown by aj's prod).

Both of these two posted at the same time, but Julie is at risk of a prod while Bucky is not. Therefore, Bucky has been lurking without posting as well, and would also be a valid lynch target (in my opinion) if we decide to lynch the people who are not contributing/are somewhat inactive.

...I think i just re-read the whole thread, and I didn't really find anything of interest that hasn't been discussed already. That's my opinion on everything for now... Sorry about the string of posts, my inability to use the edit button coupled with my desire to post more of what i'm thinking has led to this result.
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:35 am

Antony V. wrote:because thats how forum mafia works.

Antony:
I was going to scumhunt by seeing people's reactions to my read list, not by RLing, and I did intend to try to see someone lynched today, but truthfully I doubt with the current activity that we will end up lynching someone.

Antony V. wrote:because thats how forum mafia works.

This is what got me fired up. Don't try to "I'm superior, you noob" me. It's just going to get me mad.

Romeo:

This is the last time that Robert was on, which was a day after his original post. If he was lurking, it was five days ago. I don't know why he was prodded.
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:35 am

*wasn't
sorry for the typo
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:57 am

BTW I probably would lynch Robert now, but I'm going to wait until the last minute to see if there are any other options.

also BTW, Who should get doctored today?We do have a doctor. Should we not discuss it so the maf doesn't know who is doc'd?
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Antony V. Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:54 am

Well, I get fired up when you start throwing the term VI around three pages into a game.

I dont understand how we are going to get 7 people on a lynch wagon with this kind of activity either. Thats probably where most of my fustration with this game has come from.

As far as Robert goes, sure, Id be willing to lynch him but only for the sake of making sure we dont no lynch.

Talking about doctor protect targets is just giving mafia information they dont need.

I'll be back with more after work.
Antony V.
Antony V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori P. Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Victor I. wrote:Last visit : Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am (EDT)

This is me advising all players to make sure they are invisible while online. That way, people can't use your last visit time against you.

Vote Robert

We certainly need to lynch, and because he's inactive, we lose pretty much nothing from that.
Tori P.
Tori P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Yeah, sorry about that, Antony. Your lynching of Tori just because she's "cute" made me think you were just going to troll the whole game.
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:29 pm

This is Callister's last visit, EDT. It appears that she has been lurking.

Lynch Callister
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo M. Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Victor I. wrote:

Romeo:

This is the last time that Robert was on, which was a day after his original post. If he was lurking, it was five days ago. I don't know why he was prodded.

Did you mean to put my name first and Robert's name next, or was that a typo?
If it wasn't, i'm not sure why you would be connecting my activity to robert's...

Victor I. wrote:BTW I probably would lynch Robert now, but I'm going to wait until the last minute to see if there are any other options.

also BTW, Who should get doctored today?We do have a doctor. Should we not discuss it so the maf doesn't know who is doc'd?

Any particular reason you have against lynching Robert, or do you just want to be careful?
Also its not a good idea to discuss doc protects, that will only help the mafia pick their kill for the night.

Victor I. wrote:Last visit : Today at 8:31 am

This is Callister's last visit, EDT. It appears that she has been lurking.

Lynch Callister

I haven't checked the visit times of the other people I have mentioned (Bucky, Julie, Robert) but I am curious as to why you picked Callister out of all the people who have not been posting. Since i haven't checked the visit times, it could be simply because she has visited recently (and the others haven't, in which case your vote would make sense.) Is that your reason or do you have a different one?
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Romeo:
I was showing you the low possibility that Robert is lurking.

I don't have anything against lynching Robert, i just didn't feel the need to at the time.

Bucky and Julie's visit times are within a day of their last post, so that's why I chose Callister.
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo M. Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:16 pm

It appears that Namiko is also lurking.
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo M. Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Lurkers, there is quite a lot of discussion that has happened thus far. What do you think about what has been said?

...this is an attempt to get them to come out and talk. At this point, if they don't say anything, that's pretty scummy and I wouldn't be opposed to a lynch of one of them.
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:11 pm

UL Callister
Lynch Namiko

I have 2 reasons for doing this:
1. I just realized that Callister had a post yesterday, putting that within 24 hours of her last visit. She still could be lurking, but it isn't as bad/it's more likely her computer had her logged in longer than expected or something.

2. Namiko has had fewer posts, and hasn't posted sunce day 1 of day 1, so she is more useless.
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Antony V. Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 pm

Yeah...I dont have time for this tonight.

Unvote: Tori
Vote: Namiko

Wagon ho!
Antony V.
Antony V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Namiko R. Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Victor I. wrote:Last visit : Yesterday at 10:56 pm

>Because taking a look at the thread means you must post

But yeah looks like im dying today, so might as well out some reads ( I intended to do this anyway).

Namiko R.
Namiko R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Romeo M. Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 am

Namiko R. wrote:

But yeah looks like im dying today, so might as well out some reads ( I intended to do this anyway).

Taking a look at the thread doesn't mean you MUST post, but you should generally post with your ideas on whatever is going on; the more views we have on something, the more that it will help.

Not sure when this phase ends, so whatever i'm about to say may be completely wrong, but why are you saying "looks like im dying today" when 1. there are only two votes on you and 2. i don't think we even have enough active players to hammer?
Also, you said you would out some reads and then didn't post anything afterwards...
Romeo M.
Romeo M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Callister W. Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:56 am

Namiko R. wrote:

Go on...?

Also, @Victor,
I thought I clicked send, guess not ;~;
I was saying something among the lines of lurking and talking about how Gulzar (iirc) has not come on.
Callister W.
Callister W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor I. Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:18 am

@Namiko:
Taking a look at the thread is not scummy necessarily, but taking a look at the thread when there are multiple pages of scumhunting and having nothing to say about it suggests you are lurking.

@Callister:
Hmmm....Okay.
Victor I.
Victor I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Namiko R. Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:44 am

problem is mate, very often people like me check on the thread for a while, but don't have enough time to make a proper post.

Anyways, reads:

Antony, Victor and Romeo have been trying to push town forward, seems more town motivated than scum.

Tori is town for the reaction test, it looks genuine.

Trixie is my first scumread, because she popped in to fill in on Romeo-scum, without taking any sides on the matter.

Rest of scum are in the other lurkers.

Vote: Trixie
Namiko R.
Namiko R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Namiko R. Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:46 am

Romeo: I never said I would out reads immediately :/

Because I have the most votes, so if deadline comes its perfectly logically for town to compromise me.
Namiko R.
Namiko R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next