Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Romeo M. on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 pm

some scum try* to start discussion, sorry for that grammar fail there.
avatar
Romeo M.

Posts : 444
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : In a coffin, somewhere.

View user profile http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Romeo

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Tori P. on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Romeo M. wrote:
Antony V. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:pls no, im a good guy.
Good guys don't vote their townreads. Why did you vote your townread?
If I recall correctly, Tori stated that some scum tries to start discussion in order to pick off active town, and he thought I could be one of those scum. However, I believe Tori has changed his mind.

Essentially this. Except I haven't completely changed my mind, just laid off a little.
avatar
Tori P.

Posts : 54
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Victor I. on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 pm

My... buttshaft?
...I have no idea what you are talking about.

Romeo and Juliet mentions the fact that Romeo was hit with Cupid's buttshaft or something. Basically it's an obscure reference.
avatar
Victor I.

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Evening Lake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Victor I. on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Sorry about the quotefail; Romeo M. said the first paragraph/sentence thing.

So far, the only one that I remotely sense to be scum is Antony, but that case isn't strong yet.

We still have a few days, so I'm going to hold off on voting until I feel the need.
avatar
Victor I.

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Evening Lake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by ajhockeystar on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Votecount 1.1
*************************************

Tori P.(1)- Antony V.
Gulzar L.(1)- Callister W.
Robert O.(1)- Romeo M.
Romeo M.(0)-
Callister W.(0)-
Namiko R.(0)-
Victor I.(0)-
Antony V.(0)-
Akina E.(0)-
Kazuki N.(0)-
Bucky A.(0)-
Julie C.(0)-
Trixie T.(0)-
Not Voting(10)- Robert O., Gulzar L., Namiko R., Victor I., Akina E., Kazuki N., Bucky A., Julie C., Trixie T., Tori P.
*************************************
There are 13 players alive so it takes 7 to hammer.
Deadline is Friday the 1st at 9pm EST.

Users that haven't come online in the past 24 hours and risk receiving a prod:

Kazuki N.
Trixie T.
Gulzar L.

I am currently trying to find a sub for Akina E..
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 894
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Victor I. on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Question directed toward the Moderator:

Does a prod have any negative consequences?
avatar
Victor I.

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Evening Lake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by ajhockeystar on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Victor I. wrote:Question directed toward the Moderator:

Does a prod have any negative consequences?

Straight from the rules:

• I expect you to be active. If you do not come online within a 48 hour period, you will be prodded. If you fail to post 24 hours after that, or receive 3 prods, you will be subbed out.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 894
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Tori P. on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 pm

I know I'd like to be prodded by aj. hue
avatar
Tori P.

Posts : 54
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Namiko R. on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Antony V. wrote:
Romeo M. wrote:
Antony, that reason was.... slightly disturbing.
Sorry, I meant to say, "I think your Plusle is cute."

Romeo M. wrote:I'm slightly confused as to why Tori is voting me immediately after she (or he, the avatar could honestly be either gender) said I seemed very pro-town...
Namiko R. wrote:
Romeo is pro-town, so why are you voting him?
The Tori wagon is good. You should both join me in voting her(him?).

Why?

Tori P. wrote:
Namiko R. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:Also, vote Romeo M.

Romeo is pro-town, so why are you voting him?

Oftentimes, scum can try to set up discussions/scumhunts early in order to find out who useful town players are as well as seem town themselves.

Why do you think its the case here, and not a town who wants to scumhunt?
avatar
Namiko R.

Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Trixie T. on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Tori P. wrote:
Namiko R. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:Also, vote Romeo M.

Romeo is pro-town, so why are you voting him?

Oftentimes, scum can try to set up discussions/scumhunts early in order to find out who useful town players are as well as seem town themselves.

Why do you think its the case here, and not a town who wants to scumhunt?
Because she is probably a mafia trying to set up on someone else.
avatar
Trixie T.

Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Victor I. on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Welcome to the game, Trixie!

Trixie T. wrote:
Because she is probably a mafia trying to set up on someone else.

That's a very bold speculation. Do you believe that or do you just think it's a possibility?
avatar
Victor I.

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Evening Lake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Tori P. on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Trixie T. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:
Namiko R. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:Also, vote Romeo M.

Romeo is pro-town, so why are you voting him?

Oftentimes, scum can try to set up discussions/scumhunts early in order to find out who useful town players are as well as seem town themselves.

Why do you think its the case here, and not a town who wants to scumhunt?
Because she is probably a mafia trying to set up on someone else.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

In all seriousness, I was trying to get a reaction out of Romeo. Based on that reaction, he seems more town than not.
avatar
Tori P.

Posts : 54
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Romeo M. on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Victor I. wrote:
me wrote:My... buttshaft?
...I have no idea what you are talking about.
Romeo and Juliet mentions the fact that Romeo was hit with Cupid's buttshaft or something. Basically it's an obscure reference.
Ah, alright.

Trixie, why do you think that Tori is mafia instead of someone who is simply scumhunting?
avatar
Romeo M.

Posts : 444
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : In a coffin, somewhere.

View user profile http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Romeo

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Antony V. on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Namiko R. wrote:
Why?
Tori called Romeo pro-town, and then voted him one post later. When questioned, Tori gave some sort of explanation revolving around scum setting up discussions in order to seem more town. When I suggested that more people vote for Tori, he unvoted and backed off. A few posts later he says he was looking for reactions.

Calling someone town and then voting them a post later isn't a reaction test, its just stupid. The reaction test thing feels like an excuse meant to hide the real goal, which was to look pro-town.

If anyone is guilty of setting up discussions in order to feel out the strong town players, and look town himself, I think its Tori.
avatar
Antony V.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THIS TITLE ISN'T RE: GAME 9

Post by Victor I. on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:50 pm

I think that Antony has a good point. Looking back on it, Tori's posts didn't really make sense.

Tori P. wrote:
Namiko R. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:Also, vote Romeo M.

Romeo is pro-town, so why are you voting him?

Oftentimes, scum can try to set up discussions/scumhunts early in order to find out who useful town players are as well as seem town themselves.

This oddly seems like Tori is talking about himself in the third person.

Tori P. wrote:
The Tori wagon is good. You should both join me in voting her(him?).
pls no, im a good guy.
unvote Romeo M.

Why unlynch? This is random and unconnected with the quote. Tori, did you not agree with your own lynch or something?
avatar
Victor I.

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Evening Lake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by ajhockeystar on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 am

Votecount 1.2
*************************************

Tori P.(1)- Antony V.
Gulzar L.(1)- Callister W.
Robert O.(1)- Romeo M.
Romeo M.(0)-
Callister W.(0)-
Namiko R.(0)-
Victor I.(0)-
Antony V.(0)-
Akina E.(0)-
Kazuki N.(0)-
Bucky A.(0)-
Julie C.(0)-
Trixie T.(0)-
Not Voting(10)- Robert O., Gulzar L., Namiko R., Victor I., Akina E., Kazuki N., Bucky A., Julie C., Trixie T., Tori P.
*************************************
There are 13 players alive so it takes 7 to hammer.
Deadline is Friday the 1st at 9pm EST.

Users that haven't come online in the past 24 hours (as of yesterday at 9pm EST) and risk receiving a prod:

Julie C.
Robert O.

Users that have received a prod and risk being replaced if they don't come online within the next 24 hours:

Gulzar L.
Kazuki N.

Akina E.'s official subs are nowhere to be found, so now I'm going to find someone new.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 894
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Callister W. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 am

Yay, discussions!

Tori P. wrote:
Trixie T. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:
Namiko R. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:Also, vote Romeo M.

Romeo is pro-town, so why are you voting him?

Oftentimes, scum can try to set up discussions/scumhunts early in order to find out who useful town players are as well as seem town themselves.

Why do you think its the case here, and not a town who wants to scumhunt?
Because she is probably a mafia trying to set up on someone else.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

In all seriousness, I was trying to get a reaction out of Romeo. Based on that reaction, he seems more town than not.

It is weird, as other people have stated, that you decided to lynch a person you said was town. Could you explain what reaction from Romeo (or whether it was from Romeo at all, or from the pressure from other people) would cause you to give him a town read.

Antony V. wrote:
Namiko R. wrote:
Why?
Tori called Romeo pro-town, and then voted him one post later. When questioned, Tori gave some sort of explanation revolving around scum setting up discussions in order to seem more town. When I suggested that more people vote for Tori, he unvoted and backed off. A few posts later he says he was looking for reactions.

Calling someone town and then voting them a post later isn't a reaction test, its just stupid. The reaction test thing feels like an excuse meant to hide the real goal, which was to look pro-town.

If anyone is guilty of setting up discussions in order to feel out the strong town players, and look town himself, I think its Tori.

Victor I. wrote:I think that Antony has a good point. Looking back on it, Tori's posts didn't really make sense.

Tori P. wrote:
Namiko R. wrote:
Tori P. wrote:Also, vote Romeo M.

Romeo is pro-town, so why are you voting him?

Oftentimes, scum can try to set up discussions/scumhunts early in order to find out who useful town players are as well as seem town themselves.

This oddly seems like Tori is talking about himself in the third person.

Tori P. wrote:
The Tori wagon is good. You should both join me in voting her(him?).
pls no, im a good guy.
unvote Romeo M.

Why unlynch? This is random and unconnected with the quote. Tori, did you not agree with your own lynch or something?

I'm pretty sure reaction lynches usually end with an unlynch. If Tori's explanation was accurate, this would not be much of a problem.
avatar
Callister W.

Posts : 30
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Callister W. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:38 am

I accidentally multi quoted Antony, sorry about that.
avatar
Callister W.

Posts : 30
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Tori P. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Callister W. wrote: -snip-

Essentially, I was watching to see if Romeo got super defensive, accusatory, ect. You are correct in your point that most reaction lynches end with an unlynch.
avatar
Tori P.

Posts : 54
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Discussion Time!

Post by Victor I. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Tori P. wrote:Essentially, I was watching to see if Romeo got super defensive, accusatory, ect. You are correct in your point that most reaction lynches end with an unlynch.

Although Tori's scumhunt lynch was questionable, I suppose this is a decent explanation for it. What do you guys think?

Ok. So here are some of my reads so far:

Romeo: He seems pro town. I think he is leaning town.

Callister: She seems pretty pro-town, but hasn't posted much yet. I think she's leaning a little town.

Tori: The Romeo lynch stunt was questionable. I'm not sure how to read it yet. RN I think she's neutral.

Antony: He acted like a VI with his "tori wagon" for a long time, then suddenly started scumhunting. I think he is the scummiest player so far, but I still think he's pretty close to neutral.

None of these reads are confirmed, as it is only day 1. They are merely speculation. Please, tell me whether you agree with them. Also, I am curious to hear your reads on me.
avatar
Victor I.

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Evening Lake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Antony V. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Victor I. wrote:Please, tell me whether you agree with them. Also, I am curious to hear your reads on me.
What reads exactly? All I see is you sitting on a fence. Why aren't you voting?

....actually, why is two thirds of the player list not voting?
avatar
Antony V.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Victor I. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Why vote exactly? All I see is you urging me to do something useless. Why should I vote? Why should two-thirds of the player list vote?

BTW, I don't think a scum would urge a vote, so I am leaning a little more town with Antony now.
avatar
Victor I.

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Evening Lake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Antony V. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 pm

You should vote because thats how forum mafia works. Your vote is your number one scum hunting tool, and the fact that you called it useless makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Vote for people who you think are scummy, wagon people you think are scummy, lynch people you think are scummy. If the flip comes up town, re-analyze the game and use that information to figure out where you went wrong.

Or we could sit with our hands on our laps calling out reads but then saying we aren't really all that sure and that we need more information but we don't know how to get more information until we all get nightkilled and lose.
avatar
Antony V.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Victor I. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Fine, Antony, be that way.

Don't tell me how forum mafia works! Just because you think you know how forum mafia is always supposed to work doesn't mean that I have to do everything you say! Don't act all high and mighty.

Why should I vote if I don't think that anyone is scummy? We already have people RLing to scumhunt, and we don't need another. I don't feel that I need to lynch if there isn't anyone to lynch. What's wrong? Are you sad because no one is lynching you?

Besides, I was going to use my lynch towards the end of the day. I would use it on you, but I seriously can't find a reason why, except for your lynch on Tori in the beginning because "she is cute."

We aren't all going to get nightkilled and lose just because I haven't voted in the first sixty percent of Day one. Deal with it.
avatar
Victor I.

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Evening Lake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Antony V. on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 pm

If you don't think anyone is scummy enough to vote for at this point, I think you're doing it wrong.

Do you intend to see someone get lynched today?
avatar
Antony V.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 9: Fire and Ice Mafia

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum