PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 26: F11

+7
Old Man Swamp
Tierra A.
Leona L.
Wilbur R.
Keanu R.
Morrison Z.
ajhockeystar
11 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Game 26: F11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Game 26: F11

Post by Rita O. Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Leona L. wrote:^ignore that i just wanted to test multi quote and it failed bad

Press multiquote on the ones you want to quote then press "post reply" on the bottom left hand corner (if you didnt know already)
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Rita O. wrote:Oh rip wilbur has barely any computer access. Cant you do anything on your phone?
I was barely able to read the thread on my phone, I doubt I can make a post on it.

Ellen D. wrote:
I also dont think wilbur talking about cop alot is scum, i just dont think its the way we should approach the game rn

Ellen D. wrote:lynch wilbur

We have enough ml's so lunching Wilbur doesn't hurt. He only cares about cop anyway

Ellen D. wrote:What I mean is you asked for cop, lurked, asked for cop again, got lynched, and then in the final day of today you finally did something. I certainly agree that Morrisons reasoning for the 'first post of day 2' thing is garbage, one thing I read that I disagree with thoughwas that you mentioned Morrison Plurshifting

If you are a vt with plurality on you, and there is a non PR, non confirmed Player that you can put plurality on, you should do it, because from your POV, you are town and you know it, but there is a chance they are mafia. Plurshiftig isn't scummy

BUT one thing that I do find scummy is the that Morrison tried to hide it (also Wilbur it's not Harrison its Morrison) I find that to be weird. Maybe he just thinks it's scummy and didn't want people to get angry at him for it.
*crosses fingers we hit scum*

Rita O. wrote:
Wilbur R. wrote:Ellen's reason for lynching me is that i'm talking too much about the cop.
she said previously that me talking about the cop too much does not seem scummy.
that's one of the two reasons that I think she should be lynched over me. Do you think this random change is scummy? if not, why?

This is the post where Wilbur (deliberately or accidently) bent the truth. When put like that, its for sure that ellen seems like she made a huge scumslip. But when I re-read her reasoning for lynching Wilbur she said it was due to the whole chain of events that happened in day 2. When she said the cop wasnt scummy at first, it was earlier in day 2 so ofc she wouldnt say it was scum.

Right, so the two quotes above yours are what I went off of. From what I can see, it looks like Ellen switched her view without anything in between explaining why she might have done that. She had already pointed out that I had been talking only about cop the day before, but didn't lynch me until there was already a lynch train going on me. That looked scummy as hell in my mind, and is one of the two reasons I started pushing her (the other reason being Harrison looked townier when I learned Ellen also had a lynch on her).
I don't think I bent the truth at all. We might just be interpreting her posts differently.

I also cut out part of the first post because it was responding to another post and I didn't think it was relevant. I can go find it again if you want to see it.

Rita O. wrote:The reason why I dropped the nightkill analysis was because although it made sense to me as to why it is less likely for ellen and morrison to be mafia, it was still a lot of circumstantial evidence so I couldnt really use it as a basis to lynch someone. Which is why when I tried to fit Wilbur into the theory it was a weak point. I dont think OMS would be townread that much coz the lynch was an RL and i checked that he wasnt lurking but straightup inactive during the last few days of day 1. Therefore it could have just been an attempt to distance himself from Keanu that went wrong. But I dont really understand what you mean about the "mcginty is likely protected by doc so that leaves tierra and OMS", what happened to the rest of town?
Leona said that mafia probably wanted to kill someone who got Keanu lynched. The three responsible for that are OMS and McGinty (for lynching him) + Tierra (for unlynching Harrison and plurshifting onto Keanu). I disagree that that's the reasoning to kill OMS, but nobody knows why it happened except for the mafia, so this is certainly a possibility.
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:29 pm

morrison not harrison
this is probably going to happen a lot
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Wilbur R. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:Oh rip wilbur has barely any computer access. Cant you do anything on your phone?
I was barely able to read the thread on my phone, I doubt I can make a post on it.

Ellen D. wrote:
I also dont think wilbur talking about cop alot is scum, i just dont think its the way we should approach the game rn

We have enough ml's so lunching Wilbur doesn't hurt. He only cares about cop anyway

Ellen D. wrote:What I mean is you asked for cop, lurked, asked for cop again, got lynched, and then in the final day of today you finally did something. I certainly agree that Morrisons reasoning for the 'first post of day 2' thing is garbage, one thing I read that I disagree with thoughwas that you mentioned Morrison Plurshifting

If you are a vt with plurality on you, and there is a non PR, non confirmed Player that you can put plurality on, you should do it, because from your POV, you are town and you know it, but there is a chance they are mafia. Plurshiftig isn't scummy

BUT one thing that I do find scummy is the that Morrison tried to hide it (also Wilbur it's not Harrison its Morrison) I find that to be weird. Maybe he just thinks it's scummy and didn't want people to get angry at him for it.

Rita O. wrote:
Wilbur R. wrote:Ellen's reason for lynching me is that i'm talking too much about the cop.
she said previously that me talking about the cop too much does not seem scummy.
that's one of the two reasons that I think she should be lynched over me. Do you think this random change is scummy? if not, why?

This is the post where Wilbur (deliberately or accidently) bent the truth. When put like that, its for sure that ellen seems like she made a huge scumslip. But when I re-read her reasoning for lynching Wilbur she said it was due to the whole chain of events that happened in day 2. When she said the cop wasnt scummy at first, it was earlier in day 2 so ofc she wouldnt say it was scum.

Right, so the two quotes above yours are what I went off of. From what I can see, it looks like Ellen switched her view without anything in between explaining why she might have done that. She had already pointed out that I had been talking only about cop the day before, but didn't lynch me until there was already a lynch train going on me. That looked scummy as hell in my mind, and is one of the two reasons I started pushing her (the other reason being Harrison looked townier when I learned Ellen also had a lynch on her).
I don't think I bent the truth at all. We might just be interpreting her posts differently.

I also cut out part of the first post because it was responding to another post and I didn't think it was relevant. I can go find it again if you want to see it.

Rita O. wrote:The reason why I dropped the nightkill analysis was because although it made sense to me as to why it is less likely for ellen and morrison to be mafia, it was still a lot of circumstantial evidence so I couldnt really use it as a basis to lynch someone. Which is why when I tried to fit Wilbur into the theory it was a weak point. I dont think OMS would be townread that much coz the lynch was an RL and i checked that he wasnt lurking but straightup inactive during the last few days of day 1. Therefore it could have just been an attempt to distance himself from Keanu that went wrong. But I dont really understand what you mean about the "mcginty is likely protected by doc so that leaves tierra and OMS", what happened to the rest of town?
Leona said that mafia probably wanted to kill someone who got Keanu lynched. The three responsible for that are OMS and McGinty  (for lynching him) + Tierra (for unlynching Harrison and plurshifting onto Keanu). I disagree that that's the reasoning to kill OMS, but nobody knows why it happened except for the mafia, so this is certainly a possibility.

From what I can see from the ISOs, the only time when ellen was considering lynching you was when she said "wilbur isnt looking great rn" and that was the only thing she said (which is scummy too) but she never actually said that talking about cop was scummy per se and so she joined the BW when she (i am guessing) read the reasoning I had against you. So i am unsure why you would think she only waited until the train to lynch when from what I can see she only said why she wanted to lynch you after she did so.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:13 pm

I can see tierra online, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrison Z. Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:08 pm

Okay I have recovered enough to comment on this game again.

AJ CAN YOU SUB OUT TIERRA IF SHES NOT GONNA SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE WE NEED HER

Anyway, I put a lot of thought into the Ellen lynch, maybe a bit too much and my whole opinion on Wilbur is really jumbled now. Like the way he talks and the things he says is very townish but by process of elimination, it could very well be him.
I'm starting to have my doubts on Tierra now. I want to believe she's town but if she's not willing to contribute or even comment on the smallest things then idk. However, I don't think the second mafia would make the same mistake as Keanu tho and that's why I still am leaning on the town side for her.

Lol I went to do something and lost my train of thought will continue after a bit
Morrison Z.
Morrison Z.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tierra A. Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:52 am

Morrison Z. wrote:Okay I have recovered enough to comment on this game again.

Anyway, I put a lot of thought into the Ellen lynch, maybe a bit too much and my whole opinion on Wilbur is really jumbled now. Like the way he talks and the things he says is very townish but by process of elimination, it could very well be him.
I'm starting to have my doubts on Tierra now. I want to believe she's town but if she's not willing to contribute or even comment on the smallest things then idk. However, I don't think the second mafia would make the same mistake as Keanu tho and that's why I still am leaning on the town side for her.

Lol I went to do something and lost my train of thought will continue after a bit

I'm here I just don't have anything bloody useful to say to be fair.

Guess I'll figure out some logic train that'll somehow work
Tierra A.
Tierra A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tierra A. Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:56 am

Rita O. wrote:
Wilbur R. wrote:

Ellen D. wrote:

Rita O. wrote:

Leona said that mafia probably wanted to kill someone who got Keanu lynched. The three responsible for that are OMS and McGinty  (for lynching him) + Tierra (for unlynching Harrison and plurshifting onto Keanu). I disagree that that's the reasoning to kill OMS, but nobody knows why it happened except for the mafia, so this is certainly a possibility.

From what I can see from the ISOs, the only time when ellen was considering lynching you was when she said "wilbur isnt looking great rn" and that was the only thing she said (which is scummy too) but she never actually said that talking about cop was scummy per se and so she joined the BW when she (i am guessing) read the reasoning I had against you. So i am unsure why you would think she only waited until the train to lynch when from what I can see she only said why she wanted to lynch you after she did so.

Just so you know, OMS was a really dumb kill. From Mafia's point of view, McGinty is easily the towniest oof the three of us, with being stupidly quiet and OMS being stupidly trollish. McGinty is the towniest of the three of us, giving solid asf reasoning for lynching Keanu and overall trying to force town to be useful day 1. (Note: haven't read last few pages, I'm sick sorry)
Tierra A.
Tierra A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:33 pm

Its really hard to believe that you dont have anything useful to say, its day 3 and the game has opened up so there is so much to talk about. A good start would be a readlist perhaps and an analysis of everyone.

I am having trouble understanding what you mean, it looked like you were breaking down the nightkill then you merged it with Keanu lynch. So OMS being stupidly trollish and (Keanu?) Being stupidly quiet, then you said mcginty is the towniest of the three of you (presuming tierra, oms and mcginty) giving solid af reasoning for lynching Keanu. So what is mcginty being towniest got to do with keanu lynch? I might be misinterpreting but you jumbled everything together and so it doesnt really make sense. I'd appreciate if you cleared that up and also talk about the rest of the game and giving a readlist. All of these are useful.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tierra A. Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:21 pm

Also the possibility of OMS being doc is weird, since he was literally trolling, lynching then quiet, leaving him an easy mislynch for mafia. In my opinion, the second mafia has to be someone with low access to the forum, which leads to a not having a strong presence (Not McGinty / Rita tough basically) However, they are decently dominant in personality, since Keanu seems more follower than leader. They are also in a panicky mood in terms of this game, (since 1v9) and trying to escape town's scum radar. so again, quiet. They are also explaining the quietness away using random BS. I mean sure they'll contribute a little bit, but only the bare minimum. Anyways, this really quickly made psychological profile (which may be edited) leads me to lynch wilbur who pretty much fits it.
Tierra A.
Tierra A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Rita O. wrote:
Right, but again, the only reasoning she provided was that I was talking about the cop too much. She didn't mention anything else (and if she did, I missed it). If no other reason is given, I can't assume she has any other reason for lynching me.

Process of elimination really shouldn't be used as your sole reason for lynching someone. If you have something else, I can try to convince you that you're misinterpreting it / the reasoning is flawed, but poe is generally really weak and should only be used as a supporting point.
I think one thing that could help you out is to list out why you think each person is town. If you're struggling to find reasons for someone being town, they should be someone that you should pressure more / ask to contribute.

Tierra A. wrote:Also the possibility of OMS being doc is weird, since he was literally trolling, lynching then quiet, leaving him an easy mislynch for mafia. In my opinion, the second mafia has to be someone with low access to the forum, which leads to a not having a strong presence (Not McGinty / Rita tough basically) However, they are decently dominant in personality, since Keanu seems more follower than leader. They are also in a panicky mood in terms of this game, (since 1v9) and trying to escape town's scum radar. so again, quiet. They are also explaining the quietness away using random BS. I mean sure they'll contribute a little bit, but only the bare minimum. Anyways, this really quickly made psychological profile (which may be edited) leads me to lynch wilbur who pretty much fits it.
You can't seriously be calling my contributions the bare minimum, right? Did you read the entirety of the previous day and the start of this day? cmon man....
Hell, you can put Rita in this category too. She didn't do much Day 1 (nobody did) and then came out with a TON of content on day 2. (I'm not saying Rita is scum, I think your argument is bad and i'm providing a reason why)

I uh
anyone noticed Leona has vanished again? I don't think her latest posts were useful at all.

Leona, could you please tell us what you think of each player, and how you would place them from scummiest to towniest (and why)?
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:53 pm

ill personally contact aj for this but
aj, can we have an extension please? I think there's a lot more that needs to be discussed and I dont think...
uhhhh...
aj, you put the deadline on the 23rd, I have no idea when the current deadline is.
Regardless, whatever it is probably isn't enough time, so requesting an extension.
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Wilbur when Ellen talked about you banging on about cop she said it wasnt scummy right? And then when she said "he only talks about cop anyway" in the post where she lynches you she meant that "its ok if he dies coz he talks about cop anyway so he wont do much even if he is town" sort of thing. Therefore there isnt a post where she mentioned that talking about cop is scummy before she lynched you. She only lynched you due to the reasoning of the whole chain of events in day 2.

I am considering lynching Leona rn because on top of the reasons i mentioned in day 2, when she did post on day 3 she only posted about the nightkill which wasnt one of the most important topics (since it was kinda dropped and other things were mentioned). Notice the difference from when I threatened to lynch her day 2 she actually delivered good analysis of everyone however this time she only talked about the nightkill. So if it takes a threatening to get her going then here's mine.

Deadline probs was meant to be 30th december lol
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Rita O. wrote:Wilbur when Ellen talked about you banging on about cop she said it wasnt scummy right? And then when she said "he only talks about cop anyway" in the post where she lynches you she meant that "its ok if he dies coz he talks about cop anyway so he wont do much even if he is town" sort of thing. Therefore there isnt a post where she mentioned that talking about cop is scummy before she lynched you. She only lynched you due to the reasoning of the whole chain of events in day 2.

I am considering lynching Leona rn because on top of the reasons i mentioned in day 2, when she did post on day 3 she only posted about the nightkill which wasnt one of the most important topics (since it was kinda dropped and other things were mentioned). Notice the difference from when I threatened to lynch her day 2 she actually delivered good analysis of everyone however this time she only talked about the nightkill. So if it takes a threatening to get her going then here's mine.

Deadline probs was meant to be 30th december lol

Ellen D. wrote:
lynch wilbur

Ellen D. wrote:
What I mean is you asked for cop, lurked, asked for cop again, got lynched, and then in the final day of today you finally did something. I certainly agree that Morrisons reasoning for the 'first post of day 2' thing is garbage, one thing I read that I disagree with thoughwas that you mentioned Morrison Plurshifting

just copypasting the text from earlier because I dont wanna go find the quotes again

I hadn't looked at the post that way, and I suppose that might actually be what Ellen meant, but I think that still makes her look bad because she's unintentionally/intentionally twisting the truth. By that point, you and I had had a fairly long discussion and to say all I did was talk about cop is a lie.
In the second post, the only reasons I can get for lynching me is that I only started contributing after being lynched + I was talking about the cop too much. I explained why the first part happened many many times and the second part is where she randomly switches her opinion.

Where's Leona's good analysis? I missed it and would like to read it since it'll probably be useful + something concrete regarding people (which I haven't seen yet).

That's possible as the deadline. Regardless, pls extend it aj
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Leona L. wrote:What I have so far:

Obvious stuff first

1) Our game is probably the one with no power roles, meaning our Mafia Roleblocker lynch may not be that game-changing. However, the mafia did not know this in advanced so those that lynched Keanu have that going for them.

Now the not-so-obvious reads:

First, let me try to analyze the night kill. I also think it was a terrible choice (to be honest, I didn't even know Old Man Swamp was in the game). The only reason I see is Old Man Swamp did lynch Keanu first? I guess that was the reason. Not sure how useful that would be just wanted to put an end to the discussion.

Now for the reads: Since it is just the beginning of the game, I will try to scum hunt by another method. I'll summarize what each player did so far, and what I think their intentions were.

Going by the player list:

McGinty: McGinty at first wanted more activity to scumhunt, which was understandable since activity was quite low. I don't see why the mafia would encourage activity, since it allows them to lurk easier. Since then, he lynched Keanu, which I highly doubt it was a bus because there is no reason to bus a mafia roleblocker over mafia goon. His posts are of good quality and I don't see why he would be mafia. To me, he is easily the towniest player in the game. The only thing that would change my mind is if he is still alive until the end game (as much as I don't want to say this, if there is no doctor, he is probably the first one to go).

Morrison Z: As for Morrison, his early game posts were pretty much filler as the "Morrison" character. At first I thought his "^^^" post that agreed with Keanu could mean something, but he already was against hypo before, so it probably doesn't mean anything. To be honest, I don't agree with lynching him. Nothing screams scum to me. In my opinion, his posts were not defensive. He even provided a read list while I was typing up this post. He changed now and I think we should give him an opportunity to participate more.

Rita: For some reason, I don't like Rita's spike in activity. It reminds me of some game in the past where mafia posted a lot and no one bothered to question them since they were the town leaders, resulting in a easy victory. I'm just probably thinking too much though. Let's start with her day 2 posts. She really dislike the idea of cop claims as she thinks it's useless. I don't know why this is such a big deal to be honest, but she did have multiple posts on this topic. I do like her read lists though, I think so far this one is the most critical and detailed.

Tierra: I have no idea what to say. She just disappeared. And before she disappeared, she basically lynch (or unlynch) in every posts. She did take plurality off Morrison onto Keanu, but perhaps it was due to her low activity that she forgot to do anything about it.

Wilbur: Wilbur is scummy to me because I think he was the one that put plurality on Morrison. He didn't mentioned much about the reason though. All his other posts are basically asking for cop to claim etc... not so much in terms of other details. Would like to hear more from him.

and lastly

Ellen: I think she is scummy. For one, she said "happy to lynch Leona" which to me implies she wants to lynch those that are not participating (since she didn't lynch Morrison as his previous post said he will play better now). However, Morrison did post but she still lynched him, which I think was weird. Ellen seems lynch-happy. I don't think her posts were that detailed or brought up anything significant. She townread Wilbur but didn't provide much reasoning. All in all, I find Ellen to be scummy which is why i will

Lynch Ellen

Please tell me your thoughts on this.

I thought this was pretty good from her and I doubt you havent read this. But i am confused if you havent seen anything good in terms of scumhunting from her why have you decided to read her as town?
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tierra A. Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Wilbur R. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:
Right, but again, the only reasoning she provided was that I was talking about the cop too much. She didn't mention anything else (and if she did, I missed it). If no other reason is given, I can't assume she has any other reason for lynching me.

Process of elimination really shouldn't be used as your sole reason for lynching someone. If you have something else, I can try to convince you that you're misinterpreting it / the reasoning is flawed, but poe is generally really weak and should only be used as a supporting point.
I think one thing that could help you out is to list out why you think each person is town. If you're struggling to find reasons for someone being town, they should be someone that you should pressure more / ask to contribute.

Tierra A. wrote:Also the possibility of OMS being doc is weird, since he was literally trolling, lynching then quiet, leaving him an easy mislynch for mafia. In my opinion, the second mafia has to be someone with low access to the forum, which leads to a not having a strong presence (Not McGinty / Rita tough basically) However, they are decently dominant in personality, since Keanu seems more follower than leader. They are also in a panicky mood in terms of this game, (since 1v9) and trying to escape town's scum radar. so again, quiet. They are also explaining the quietness away using random BS. I mean sure they'll contribute a little bit, but only the bare minimum. Anyways, this really quickly made psychological profile (which may be edited) leads me to lynch wilbur who pretty much fits it.
You can't seriously be calling my contributions the bare minimum, right? Did you read the entirety of the previous day and the start of this day? cmon man....
Hell, you can put Rita in this category too. She didn't do much Day 1 (nobody did) and then came out with a TON of content on day 2. (I'm not saying Rita is scum, I think your argument is bad and i'm providing a reason why)

I uh
anyone noticed Leona has vanished again? I don't think her latest posts were useful at all.

Leona, could you please tell us what you think of each player, and how you would place them from scummiest to towniest (and why)?

I told you I didn't read tbf.

Unlynch

Anyways, I'll try giving thoughts on everyone, but I might accidentally fall asleep again and get it out a day too late.

((If this doesn't happen by either today or tomorrow, AJ should sub me out))
Tierra A.
Tierra A.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:21 am

Votecount 3.1

Wilbur R.(0)-
Morrison Z.(0)-
Rita O.(0)-
Leona L.(0)-
Tierra A.(0)-
Not Voting(5)- Leona L., Wilbur R., Rita O., Morrison Z., Tierra A.
There are 5 alive so it takes 3 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline has been extended to Sunday the 1st at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Wilbur R. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 am

Tierra what you just did now showed me that you lynch without really thinking about it and analysing the facts. From what i've seen day 1 and now, you are pretty eager to lynch someone. The care (less? Free? Idk which one is better) attitude you have is something that supports the idea that you shifted plurality onto morrison by accident for the sake of making youself look townier by saying "i am not a sheep". Although i still think the mafia is out of wilbur or leona, I no longer trust that you are unlikely to be scum. So you better start getting active and posting useful stuff like a read list. The sooner you do this the less you have to catch up on posts.
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:03 am

Errr i just realised that was meant to be "shifted plurality onto Keanu" rip me
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tierra A. Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:57 am

Rita O. wrote:Tierra what you just did now showed me that you lynch without really thinking about it and analysing the facts. From what i've seen day 1 and now, you are pretty eager to lynch someone. The care (less? Free? Idk which one is better) attitude you have is something that supports the idea that you shifted plurality onto morrison by accident for the sake of making youself look townier by saying "i am not a sheep". Although i still think the mafia is out of wilbur or leona, I no longer trust that you are unlikely to be scum. So you better start getting active and posting useful stuff like a read list. The sooner you do this the less you have to catch up on posts.

Um, nice shade thanks.

I mean sure it is formatted to sound like your scolding me which, by the way, I don't appreciate.

Anyways.

I'm NOT cop

Rita O. wrote:Its really hard to believe that you dont have anything useful to say, its day 3 and the game has opened up so there is so much to talk about. A good start would be a readlist perhaps and an analysis of everyone.

I am having trouble understanding what you mean, it looked like you were breaking down the nightkill then you merged it with Keanu lynch. So OMS being stupidly trollish and (Keanu?) Being stupidly quiet, then you said mcginty is the towniest of the three of you (presuming tierra, oms and mcginty) giving solid af reasoning for lynching Keanu. So what is mcginty being towniest got to do with keanu lynch? I might be misinterpreting but you jumbled everything together and so it doesnt really make sense. I'd appreciate if you cleared that up and also talk about the rest of the game and giving a readlist. All of these are useful.

Also I completely missed that this game was at day three and I'm dumb, ignore my last three posts, because again, I'm dumb.

Readlist:

Wilbur's Good, been tackling scum, decent posts, not being dumb, and having nice reactions to bad arguments :^)
80 - 20 Town - Scum

Leona's been decently filler (more than me lmao, but at least she's active) and when she finally went for a decent post, I wasn't really impressed with what I got. It didn't end up going anywhere, and in my opinion seemed eh. I don't want to think she is mafia however, because I kind of want to believe that Mafia wouldn't be this stupid, especially in a 1v4 situation. 51 - 49 Scum - Town

Rita: Looking through Rita's posts she's been deadset on leading town onto lynching someone (and only who she wants lynched). I really don't see the reasoning behind lynching Wilbur or Ellen, and honestly think that both of those lynches suck, jsyk. However, Rita is literally the most solid out of all of us right now, leading town really nicely, and I think that more than makes up for her attitude. 90-10 Town - Scum

Morrison: Don't tell me to wake up and then you die, thanks. He's a bit fifty / fifty so far, jumping on le bandwagon because why not, but on the other hand I really like some of his post content because of the decent insights he's brought.

Right now, I'm thinking best lynch is either Morrison or Leona, but you could lynch me if you want, even though I'm dead tonight (Just following the pattern of deaths)

Tierra A.
Tierra A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrison Z. Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Wilbur R. wrote:

Uhm, what you're telling me to do is pretty much POE lol. and omg I just realized theres only 5 of us. I thought there were still seven for some reason.
Morrison Z.
Morrison Z.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita O. Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Tierra A. wrote:
Rita O. wrote:Tierra what you just did now showed me that you lynch without really thinking about it and analysing the facts. From what i've seen day 1 and now, you are pretty eager to lynch someone. The care (less? Free? Idk which one is better) attitude you have is something that supports the idea that you shifted plurality onto morrison by accident for the sake of making youself look townier by saying "i am not a sheep". Although i still think the mafia is out of wilbur or leona, I no longer trust that you are unlikely to be scum. So you better start getting active and posting useful stuff like a read list. The sooner you do this the less you have to catch up on posts.

Um, nice shade thanks.

I mean sure it is formatted to sound like your scolding me which, by the way, I don't appreciate.

Anyways.

I'm NOT cop

Rita O. wrote:Its really hard to believe that you dont have anything useful to say, its day 3 and the game has opened up so there is so much to talk about. A good start would be a readlist perhaps and an analysis of everyone.

Also I completely missed that this game was at day three and I'm dumb, ignore my last three posts, because again, I'm dumb.

Readlist:

Wilbur's Good, been tackling scum, decent posts, not being dumb, and having nice reactions to bad arguments :^)
80 - 20 Town - Scum

Leona's been decently filler (more than me lmao, but at least she's active) and when she finally went for a decent post, I wasn't really impressed with what I got. It didn't end up going anywhere, and in my opinion seemed eh. I don't want to think she is mafia however, because I kind of want to believe that Mafia wouldn't be this stupid, especially in a 1v4 situation. 51 - 49 Scum - Town

Rita: Looking through Rita's posts she's been deadset on leading town onto lynching someone (and only who she wants lynched). I really don't see the reasoning behind lynching Wilbur or Ellen, and honestly think that both of those lynches suck, jsyk. However, Rita is literally the most solid out of all of us right now, leading town really nicely, and I think that more than makes up for her attitude. 90-10 Town - Scum

Morrison: Don't tell me to wake up and then you die, thanks. He's a bit fifty / fifty so far, jumping on le bandwagon because why not, but on the other hand I really like some of his post content because of the decent insights he's brought.

Right now, I'm thinking best lynch is either Morrison or Leona, but you could lynch me if you want, even though I'm dead tonight (Just following the pattern of deaths)

Who's shade? Lol. I wasnt actuallu trying to scold you i was trying to tell you that even if people think you are town it doesnt mean you can do nothing. Thankfully you've finally written a read list tho.

I never actually wanted to lynch ellen until the very last few minutes of day 2 where i felt ellen is a better lynch than wilbur because of how she approached the lynch on wilbur. Also I dont really make people lynch someone i want lynched, i just give my thoughts just like anyone else. It just happens to be that some of town agree and follow my lynch like what happened with Wilbur.

I am not too sure what you regard as filler if you think Leona's posts are filler. I mean a lot of the posts werent really scumhunting but putting her thoughts about topics is not filler. That being said we are still waiting for Leona to talk about my reasons for thinking she's mafia (in day 2) and the whole situation in the last day of day 2 and even the stuff that happened day 3
Rita O.
Rita O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Rita O. wrote:
Leona L. wrote:What I have so far:

Obvious stuff first

1) Our game is probably the one with no power roles, meaning our Mafia Roleblocker lynch may not be that game-changing. However, the mafia did not know this in advanced so those that lynched Keanu have that going for them.

Now the not-so-obvious reads:

First, let me try to analyze the night kill. I also think it was a terrible choice (to be honest, I didn't even know Old Man Swamp was in the game). The only reason I see is Old Man Swamp did lynch Keanu first? I guess that was the reason. Not sure how useful that would be just wanted to put an end to the discussion.

Now for the reads: Since it is just the beginning of the game, I will try to scum hunt by another method. I'll summarize what each player did so far, and what I think their intentions were.

Going by the player list:

McGinty: McGinty at first wanted more activity to scumhunt, which was understandable since activity was quite low. I don't see why the mafia would encourage activity, since it allows them to lurk easier. Since then, he lynched Keanu, which I highly doubt it was a bus because there is no reason to bus a mafia roleblocker over mafia goon. His posts are of good quality and I don't see why he would be mafia. To me, he is easily the towniest player in the game. The only thing that would change my mind is if he is still alive until the end game (as much as I don't want to say this, if there is no doctor, he is probably the first one to go).

Morrison Z: As for Morrison, his early game posts were pretty much filler as the "Morrison" character. At first I thought his "^^^" post that agreed with Keanu could mean something, but he already was against hypo before, so it probably doesn't mean anything. To be honest, I don't agree with lynching him. Nothing screams scum to me. In my opinion, his posts were not defensive. He even provided a read list while I was typing up this post. He changed now and I think we should give him an opportunity to participate more.

Rita: For some reason, I don't like Rita's spike in activity. It reminds me of some game in the past where mafia posted a lot and no one bothered to question them since they were the town leaders, resulting in a easy victory. I'm just probably thinking too much though. Let's start with her day 2 posts. She really dislike the idea of cop claims as she thinks it's useless. I don't know why this is such a big deal to be honest, but she did have multiple posts on this topic. I do like her read lists though, I think so far this one is the most critical and detailed.

Tierra: I have no idea what to say. She just disappeared. And before she disappeared, she basically lynch (or unlynch) in every posts. She did take plurality off Morrison onto Keanu, but perhaps it was due to her low activity that she forgot to do anything about it.

Wilbur: Wilbur is scummy to me because I think he was the one that put plurality on Morrison. He didn't mentioned much about the reason though. All his other posts are basically asking for cop to claim etc... not so much in terms of other details. Would like to hear more from him.

and lastly

Ellen: I think she is scummy. For one, she said "happy to lynch Leona" which to me implies she wants to lynch those that are not participating (since she didn't lynch Morrison as his previous post said he will play better now). However, Morrison did post but she still lynched him, which I think was weird. Ellen seems lynch-happy. I don't think her posts were that detailed or brought up anything significant. She townread Wilbur but didn't provide much reasoning. All in all, I find Ellen to be scummy which is why i will

Lynch Ellen

Please tell me your thoughts on this.

I thought this was pretty good from her and I doubt you havent read this. But i am confused if you havent seen anything good in terms of scumhunting from her why have you decided to read her as town?

Ah, this is the post I forgot about before. Seems I forgot about it again.
I thought her content in general was good, and although I thought she hadn't done anything super solid in terms of going after players (I was incorrect) I felt like her comments on other people were good + she was pointing out things she saw as strange/scummy and responding to them in a townie way.
That being said, we've talked about a LOT of things since that post so I would really like to hear more posts along the line of the above one from Leona.

It's a possibility, but like my McGinty theory above, I REALLY do not think that it's a possibility worth pursuing at this point.

Tierra A. wrote:

Anyways.

I'm NOT cop
fml we're in the worst setup

Tierra A. wrote:

Readlist:

80 - 20 Town - Scum
gg

Tierra A. wrote:

Alright, so how i'm interpreting this:
- You think Leona is incredibly scummy but it doesn't seem right (a gutread) that she could be mafia? The "too stupid" argument doesn't work, i've literally lost a game because of that and i'm eternally salty and always on the lookout for it now.
- You read Rita as town because... she's leading town? You do have other reasoning for seeing her as town, yes? I don't think seeing someone as a town leader is really sufficient to giving them a 90% chance to be town.
- In regards to Morrison, where do you feel like he was bandwagoning and where were the posts that you liked about him? This read feels more... casual? Not sure what word to use, but I suppose casual fits. It doesn't seem like you put enough effort into figuring out how you really feel about Morrison. Do you feel his bandwagoning is bad, or do you think his post content makes him townier than the bandwagoning makes him scummier?
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur R. Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Morrison Z. wrote:
Uhm, what you're telling me to do is pretty much POE lol. and omg I just realized theres only 5 of us. I thought there were still seven for some reason.
hm.
I guess it kinda is, but its POE for questioning someone rather than lynching them.
If there's something you see that is scummy, even if its on a townread of yours, you ought to at least question them about it so you can clear up whatever misconceptions you have / actually find out that your townread may be scum.

I'm gonna lynch Leona if she doesn't show up before I get on tomorrow
Wilbur R.
Wilbur R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona L. Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:49 pm

1) Thanks Rita for teaching me how to multi-quote lol

2) Just wanted to point this out before continuing my post:

Wilbur R. wrote:Prefacing this by saying that some of what i've already said has already been mentioned beforehand, but I think it's still something worth mentioning / discussing if there are disagreements, so i'm saying it anyways.

Old Man Swamp wrote:When I was young, I was generic. I didn't have lots of opinions or knowledge. I just felt things. I cared about love and loss and friends and starry nights.
But the older I get, the more... specific I become. I'm positively rotten with opinions. I'm locked into a million particular views, each as meaningless and nonsensical as the last. I have definite views on how green beans should be cooked! I sued to just enjoy a glass of wine... but now I can't, without knowing what it cost and where it came from and how it was grown and who said it was good or not! And have I gained anything, No!  The opinions are lodged now, and my geriatric mind won't let me change my mind at all!

Lynch Keanu R., that entrance post is very lackluster, like you're trying to make as little an impression as possible. "Confirming". Pfft. Proper capitalization and everything.
Right. So this post right here (also old man swamp's only post) is why I thought he was the worst possible nightkill. There were three people that absolutely should not have been killed last night, because they had cases (very weak cases, but you can't expect much else by the end of day 1) for them to be lynched. These three would be Morrison, Old Man Swamp, and myself. Of the three, Old Man Swamp was inactive on top of that. As such, he would be the worst nightkill (gonna elaborate on this later since I believe it's brought up again).

McGinty P. wrote:so far morrison z has been by far the cringiest poster on this site ever, can you please stop. I'm down for lynching him, although he's probably a bored townie, just because of how cringy he's been. Honestly I think Keanu is a better lynch  though because he's obviously paying attention but refusing to contribute. Lynch Keanu R.
The reasoning here seems genuine and we all know this got a mafia to be lynched, so i'm inclined to believe McGinty is town from this post.

Tierra A. wrote:Unlynch Nice n Wilbur sheep

Keanu Reeves wanna comment on the situation kiddo
This was touched on a bit less, but if Tierra was mafia she'd have zero reason to unlynch morrison here (especially given that she's been relatively inactive for almost the entire game). For that reason alone, i'm 99% certain that Tierra is town.

Wilbur R. wrote:I think that was legitimately the worst kill possible for mafia to make

If cop is alive, they should claim, and doctor should be on them for every night going forward. Clearing one townie per night is worth the townie we're going to lose each night as a result (unless the townie cleared is the one that dies, which will rarely happen if at all)

Claiming / a lack of claiming also answers which setup we're in.
There's been some focus on me for only talking about the existence of cop. My reasoning behind that is that I first wanted to establish whether there was a cop in the game or not (and get protection on them if they exist) because that's the best way to win the game (that being said, if doc exists, be on tierra because she's the only person who hasnt posted and we don't have a cop claim). After we confirmed whether there was a cop or not, I personally wanted to move on and scumhunt after that. Of course, my interests were not necessarily shared by a good majority of the other players, but oh well. Nothing I can do about that.

Tierra A. wrote:Sorry give me a second
been a long second T_T

Leona L. wrote:
Ellen D. wrote:Still waiting on a decent post from Morrison, Tierra, and Leona. I don't want Morrison lynched today because of his latest post. Towers seems to be having problems with being busy so I guess I would be happy to lynch Leona today.

Here's what I don't like about this post. You are scumhunting by activity not with logical explanation. Remember that Keanu was lynched because he was posting fillers, not because he didn't post at all. I believe that at this moment, scumhunting by activity is not useful because mafia, being in a desperate position, will try to be active and act townie. Also, may I ask why you don't want to lynch Morrison because of his latest post?
It's slightly lessened because this is a defense, but Leona DOES bring up a very good point here. Scumhunting via activity is generally not that useful and should really only be a last resort. Activity is very rarely a scum trait or a townie trait and almost always related to the person's playstyle.

Ellen D. wrote:He also didn't even read the game before posting. I said I didn't want him lunches but I've changed my mind

lynch Morrison Z
I have no idea what ellen means by "he didnt read the game before posting" unless she's referring to him posting in the night? would enjoy having this clarified.

Rita O. wrote:No morrison i agree with ellen you were a pretty awful presence day 1 and even if i didnt really think you were mafia, i wouldnt have felt sorry if you were lynched back then. But now in day 2, i dont think morrison is a good lynch because he hasnt done anything thats scummy. Ellen is saying that he just repeated what other people said but I am saying that wilbur has done that too AND morrison explained why he repeated others AND he gave new info.

I wasnt saying wilbur is scum because of that but dont you think its weird that he hasnt made a single post to help progress scumhunting? Instead he's just talking about the cop. What i was trying to get at before is that when he did lynch morrison he just BWd rather than actually giving his thoughts about mafia.
I don't see the point in attempting to justify my lynch with fake/unnecessary logic. Tierra said everything I would have, and I lynched for the same exact reasons. That's sheeping(unless I misunderstood the term), which is what i mentioned in my post.

Leona L. wrote:Actually, I just realized something. Perhaps another reason why Old Man Swamp was lynched is because there may be a doctor? We are so caught up with asking for cop claims we forgot that the mafia have no idea what they are dealing with. Rita, since you seems to be leading this discussion, I want to hear what you think about this.

Lastly, I am seriously considering lynching Wilbur instead of Ellen. Because I don't see Wilbur contributing this much anytime soon.
I didn't even consider this possibility. I think it's possible, and I suppose that's gotta be the reasoning behind it because i don't understand any other reason for doing so.

Rita O. wrote:Alright so I still believe that McGinty is very likely town and also that ellen and morrison arent likely to be the 2nd mafia. Therefore I will make my lynch out of the remaining three.

Tierra: Even if lets say she didnt realise plurality will be on Keanu, she still would have kept the lynch on morrison because a mafia will always seize an opportunity for a mislynch and I doubt anyone would have questioned her about it because she didnt BW but tierra instead went against it which makes me believe that Tierra is less likely to be mafia that others.

Leona: Although some things she said have been slightly scummy, i appreciate that she is actually being useful to town and I respect that. I could only lynch her if I have a good reason that can justify a sacrifice of activity.

Wilbur: For starters you promised to make a post about the mafia "tomorrow" (which is yesterday when I am writing this post) however you failed to meet deadlines. Not only that but I was trying to look up the last time you visited but it says "Unknown" which means that you have put your status on hidden. This is against the rules and there is no reason why a townie would do that. But it seems that yesterday you did get on but to hide the fact you didn't do what you promised to do so you resorted to break the rules. Anyway next I have taken a look at your ISO and it's evident you've only been talking about the cop but that isnt really the problem. It's the fact that when you lynched morrison all you said is "I'll sheep it" which clearly means you BWd  out of nowhere to put the plurality onto morrison but it didnt work because tierra unlynched morrison. Finally if what I said about the nightkill is true, you are the most likely person to do such a thing because your posts start on page 2 and your first post is replying to the hypo suggestion so it seems likely that you just skipped the RVS shitposting because you thought it's irrelevant. Ofc on its own this isnt nearly enough to convict you however I am just using it as a supporting point just to show that you are the best person to lynch for this day because you are what people call "an active lurker", you arent inactive but you dont really help town and that imo is the worst kind of player.

lynch Wilbur
Is hiding your status really against the rules? Must've been changed since when I started. The following might be giving away a little too much information (aj lmk and i'll edit my post) but I always keep my hidden status on, and starting from a while back, aj always turns it off whenever he can. The rest of your post is just (incorrect) assumptions so it's kinda hard to respond to that, but i'll try.
RE: hidden status - there's no reason for either town or scum to do that. You could say that scum do that so that people can't see their activity, but then you forget that ironically, by hiding their activity, they end up in a worse place than they were before because people know that they're hiding their activity.
RE: sheeping Morrison - talked about this above, tierra brought up good reasoning and I saw no need to repeat it. The shifting plurality thing is just a mix of hindsight and confirmation bias on your end and given that it's purely a view of opinion, there's nothing I can do to change your mind on that.
RE: not commenting on RVs - I posted after RVs had already ended, what's the point in continuing them when there's actual discussion to be had? I don't see how that correlates with me having read/having not read the first page and a half.

Wilbur R. wrote:ignore my question about Ellen's post before, I found the answer to it.
Noticed something I didn't touch on before
for an "unexpected" kill, Leona was better than OMS.

Morrison Z. - Morrison's posts have been fairly underwhelming, and nothing he's said has really been useful in the slightest. His read on Ellen seemed to be based almost entirely on the fact that Ellen was lynching him (with some strange reasoning i'l admit). That being said,  I'm having a hard time telling if he's noobtown or noobscum.
Ellen D. - I feel like Ellen is basically Rita lite. She's saying a lot of the things Rita is (but more concisely) and then also has gone after Morrison a bit. The only real difference in what they've done (ignoring post size) is that Ellen went after Morrison, and Rita went after me + attempted to spur activity.
Rita O. - Rita's day 1 was very good, nothing there felt illegitimate and it seemed townie. I can't read the day 2 because I automatically get a semi-scumread on people who disagree with me / target me with what I see as bad reasoning so my own inherent bias is preventing me from looking at her posts properly. When I try to adjust for what I think my own bias is, her posts also seem townie to me. Only thing i'm semi curious about is why she says she'd lynch Leona after saying i'm scummy for (valid) reasons the page before.
Leona L. - My towniest read of the non-confirmeds before. My reasoning for this is that Leona is continually bringing up her own reasoning behind things (and her own points in general) and not just questioning people to boost her activity (as in, it looks like there is an ultimate goal behind the questioning).
McGinty P. - Town, already said why.
Tierra A. - Town, already said why.

I may try to re-read through this if i'm not too lazy, but i'm actually having a pretty hard time figuring out who could be scum.
I'm believe McGinty/Tierra/Leona are town, so it's one of Morrison/Ellen/Rita, but i'm not really sure who it would be.
If I don't post again i'll be back at least an hour before deadline.

Wilbur R. wrote:
Morrison Z. wrote:
hm.
I guess it kinda is, but its POE for questioning someone rather than lynching them.
If there's something you see that is scummy, even if its on a townread of yours, you ought to at least question them about it so you can clear up whatever misconceptions you have / actually find out that your townread may be scum.

I'm gonna lynch Leona if she doesn't show up before I get on tomorrow

Wilbur had contradicted much of what he said yesterday. Furthermore, he seemed to have miss my read list, which perhaps meant he did not read the game in detail (if Rita's theory holds, then this may be a supporting evidence).
Leona L.
Leona L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next