PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 24: Near-Vanilla

+13
Gurkinn N.
Charmaine U.
Ramona G.
Professor Icarus
Fernando T.
Delilah H.
Natasha L.
Annie F.
Mimi F.
Haruno H.
Nanette B.
Brodie S.
ajhockeystar
17 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Game 24: Near-Vanilla - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Towa Q. Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Honestly, this is actually perfect. I can feel the winds of change. We're about to give them hell.

Ehehehehehe

JAILKEEPER AND DOCTOR IT IS TIME TO CLAIM

We have one misslynch before lylo. I strongly urge JK and doc to claim. I am confident we can hit a mafia after they claim. I am more so confident we can prevent a kill tonight too.
Towa Q.
Towa Q.

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie F. Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:09 pm

actually I'm not sure whether both should claim or just 1, I guess both would make it so they both have to risk their lives to cc, or they'll be left with a confirmed town, in that case we should have the doc claim first as they can then protect the jk while the jk can still go for a protect. the other way around would not be as benificial for town.

we could also have only the jk claim, to have less risk of losing both town pr's. If we misslynch and get the doctor that means jk is definitely dead, though it's possible he saves himself somehow, it's a gamble.

I want to know everyone's opinions on this, as both have their good and bad points.
Annie F.
Annie F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie F. Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:12 pm

oh by the way, I actually really like our chances if we have both claim. Which would be with the doc first in the case that nobody cc's. Either way, if the jk for some reason decides to claim before we've decided this, we should go with the second method but if the doc for some reason decides to claim before we've decided we should go with the first method.
Annie F.
Annie F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Towa Q. Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Lynch Professor Icarus

A little lynch while we wait for claims. I strongly suggest if you are either, you claim.

I really think the doc and JK should both claim. The stupidest thing they can both do is not claim and fuck over town. We have an easy win if we can get 2 clears today, and we have two lynches, as well as the JK who is able to block scum. We are in a great position here.
Towa Q.
Towa Q.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Icarus Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:50 pm

what's the reasoning for that lynch Towa? I'm neither personally, just a vanilla.Can't see anything that would suggest your lynch right now so please elaborate. Unless it's pressure to get me to claim, in which case fair enough. Anyway here's reads I suppose.

Towa Q. - her recent reads are decent, I can agree with a lot of the points and has continued to make some quality posts. The small lack of posts for a bit on day2 was a bit disappointing but then again everyone lurked pretty much. Likewise Im also against the doc/JK claim that towa suggested though. Perhaps what Annie I think suggested with the Jailkeeper only claim would work out best for us. Definitely not both. I couldn't see the need for multiple clears or more likely 2 sets of counterclaims this second. Anyway, right now Towa is a town lean for me. Hasn't shifted much since last major list of opinions.

Nanette B. - Says hasn't been on due to circumstances coming up making it hard to make a proper presence atm. Bit of a shame, but the lack of content really isn't helping my view of you. I've probably got a slight scum lean at the moment upon you simply due to the heavy lurking at the moment. I didn't necessarily agree with a lot of the stuff as well as said before too. Nothing else I could really say about it though.

Charmaine U. - content got a lot better than the borderline trolly attitude. Could see Charmaine as a possible townie, but I've still got a more neutral stance towards him. Some of his stuff is quite questionable and a bit pointless ( "sounds fishy") but his reads were pretty alright. Neutral.

Mimi F. - posts are OK, but sometimes I really don't agree with what Mimi is saying. Right now I have a sort of gut feeling about Mimi and don't feel she is quite town, and a bit scummy in my eyes, but I honestly would take that with a grain of salt. Don't think that I can say much except that her activity whinging yesterday was pretty terrible and honestly wasn't the way to go about it if that was her goal to try and get activity. lil bit fillery with the repetitiveness of it all. Uncertain read at the moment.

Annie F. - probably my biggest current town lean. good posts since my last reads and nothing really that I could pick apart. Town lean, apologies for the lack of detail here, will probably at Annie a bit further.

Natasha L. - unsure about Natasha really. I feel she is possible scum like some of us were saying, but at the same time I can see some areas outright where they seem overall towny like in several posts. Right now neutral, but this will probably change over today I'm sure.

Ramona G. - although Ramona has been lacking, personally I could see her as a possible townie, but just one that isn't willing to put forth tons of information. It's possible to see it as scummy yes, but also could just quite easily be a player who isn't really divulging the great levels of detail a lot of us have been doing. See her as town anyway, but not heavily rn.

Currently would suggest a lynch on Nanette myself. She's probably my top scum read currently and probably the most viable lynch right now in my eyes. That could change of course, but we'll see as the game goes on.

I'd highly recommend the JK claim btw as previously said, just echoing that again. Scumteam stuff etc will probably come in a future post, I need some time to think over that personally.
Professor Icarus
Professor Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramona G. Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Okay, let me try to analyze what happen. The scum chose a very interesting kill in Haruno, which was a rather inactive player and also wasn't really "town" to most people. In contrast, the scum chose to killed Delilah during Night 1 which was very active and a town read to most. This is probably what happened, the scum must have chosen someone townie to kill N2 but wasn't successful so they change plans. I don't know how useful this is tbh (I just want to type it out) but when we do discuss what happened during Night 2, it may be useful. Also, it is interesting why they went with Haruno, and not some other players. After all they are arguably better targets than her and there are only max of 2 protections in the game.
Ramona G.
Ramona G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha L. Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:10 pm

Ramona G. wrote:Okay, let me try to analyze what happen. The scum chose a very interesting kill in Haruno, which was a rather inactive player and also wasn't really "town" to most people. In contrast, the scum chose to killed Delilah during Night 1 which was very active and a town read to most. This is probably what happened, the scum must have chosen someone townie to kill N2 but wasn't successful so they change plans. I don't know how useful this is tbh (I just want to type it out) but when we do discuss what happened during Night 2, it may be useful. Also, it is interesting why they went with Haruno, and not some other players. After all they are arguably better targets than her and there are only max of 2 protections in the game.

Why is this relevant? Please explain to me why this is relevant, because otherwise this seems like a top notch filler to me.

That being said, I am in support for a JK and Doc claim. I could not explain this any more than Towa already did.

Now, for a thing I am surprised no one commented on.
Holy shit, Gurkinn flipped town. Really??? OK, this doesn't mean much, but seriously, what the fuck, I think we need to make better read posts because god, that was bad. I still support my read on him as he flipped town, he just wasn't being great under pressure.

...That being said, what does this flip mean for the game?
-JK and Doc should claim for reasons stated in Towa's post (one mislynch until LYLO)
-Charmaine suddenly becomes an interesting character; not obviously scum but if Gurkinn flipped scum, she was pseudo-confirmed. Now, I would like to watch her plays. I'm not stating exactly what I'm watching out for because then she would be careful not to do it, but it's important that we watch her after a turbo on a town player. (I'm not saying she is scum, I'm saying that combined with certain other things that she hasn't done yet (say, blindless turbo another player Wink) than she might be.
Natasha L.
Natasha L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha L. Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:10 pm

then* at the end of my last post. sorry, I'm a grammar nazi.
Natasha L.
Natasha L.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Votecount 4.2

Professor Icarus(1)- Towa Q.
Towa Q.(0)-
Nanette B.(0)-
Charmaine U.(0)-
Mimi F.(0)-
Annie F.(0)-
Natasha L.(0)-
Ramona G.(0)-
Not Voting(7)- Nanette B., Ramona G., Natasha L., Charmaine U., Mimi F., Professor Icarus, Annie F.
There are 8 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 11th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Professor Icarus would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Towa Q. Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:16 am

We are one day from mylo. We need both claims today. If we give mafia a chance to CC in mylo, we risk a QH and a possible 50/50 situation. We need both of them to claim today so that we can sift through VT's a lynch mafia or lynch between CCs. It shouldn't be that hard to pick out scum from town once we have some claims, but we need them and we need them FAST.

Every minute we wait to get claims is another minute we lose of discussion.

As it stands now, I am happy with your lynch, btw, Professor Icarus. You and Annie were the two I wanted next if neither of you were PR claims, and since both of you are against getting both PR claims out today and are town reading each other, it makes me wonder if I am in fact right and you are a scumteam together.

DOC AND JK PLEASE CLAIM FAST

Towa Q.
Towa Q.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmaine U. Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:34 am

agreeing with doc and jk claiming today. if mafia ccs one, we can lynch 1 today 1 tommorrow 1 next day and one the next day and win
Charmaine U.
Charmaine U.

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie F. Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:28 pm

actually towa, you wanted me first and icarus next, which leaves me to wonder what changed your mind to want icarus > me. Perhaps you realized it would be easier to get a lynch going on icarus?

by the way, your scumteam theory is bullshit as usual, seeing as you are using false facts, as usual. I wasn't against having both PR claims, I just said there was another option, and then in the next post said I actually do think both benefits us more.

anyways, I said I wanted to know your opinions, and it seems town has chosen for both PR's to claim, and in that method, I said it'd be more benificial for doc to claim first, so seeing as we're running out of time... I am the doctor.
Annie F.
Annie F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi F. Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:52 pm

Professor Icarus wrote:Don't think that I can say much except that her activity whinging yesterday was pretty terrible and honestly wasn't the way to go about it if that was her goal to try and get activity. lil bit fillery with the repetitiveness of it all.

I don't know what you wanted me to do.  All of a sudden everyone's activity hit a wall and I wanted people's opinions on Gurkinn, or a different lynch target, and got no response other than Annie.  Gurkinn choosing not to defend herself didn't help matters either.  

It seems we've already decided that doc and JK should claim, which is fine because it should give us two clears unless the mafia CCs, which in the worst case scenario leaves us at 1v3 2 days from now.
Mimi F.
Mimi F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi F. Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:59 pm

Ramona G. wrote:Okay, let me try to analyze what happen. The scum chose a very interesting kill in Haruno, which was a rather inactive player and also wasn't really "town" to most people. In contrast, the scum chose to killed Delilah during Night 1 which was very active and a town read to most. This is probably what happened, the scum must have chosen someone townie to kill N2 but wasn't successful so they change plans. I don't know how useful this is tbh (I just want to type it out) but when we do discuss what happened during Night 2, it may be useful. Also, it is interesting why they went with Haruno, and not some other players. After all they are arguably better targets than her and there are only max of 2 protections in the game.

I don't see the point in trying to figure out what the mafia was thinking killing Haruno. Whether or not we know their reasoning can't possibly help us since we don't know for sure who the mafia is and what their exact plan is. A post like this just seems like an attempt to make a fairly large post without adding any relevant information.
Mimi F.
Mimi F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramona G. Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:07 pm

I understand that you guys think that post is useless, and I am sorry but I made that post because when doc and jk claims we can analyze whether it was because of a protect or a block. (I even said in the post I don't know whether it is useful or not).

Speaking of which, I claim the Jailkeeper.
Ramona G.
Ramona G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramona G. Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:08 pm

I can imagine mafia being like ohhhh it's that darn useless scummy Ramona why didn't we kill her instead of Haruno?

More reads to come later.
Ramona G.
Ramona G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha L. Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:43 pm

IF ANYONE CCS EITHER OF THESE CLAIMS, CC NOW PLEASE
Natasha L.
Natasha L.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Votecount 4.2

Professor Icarus(1)- Towa Q.
Towa Q.(0)-
Nanette B.(0)-
Charmaine U.(0)-
Mimi F.(0)-
Annie F.(0)-
Natasha L.(0)-
Ramona G.(0)-
Not Voting(7)- Nanette B., Ramona G., Natasha L., Charmaine U., Mimi F., Professor Icarus, Annie F.
There are 8 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 11th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Professor Icarus would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Towa Q. Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Interesting!

Annie, I must say, I am surprised as fuck. I never thought it was you, but then, my scumreading has been off since Fernando. I assumed it would be the more active one that would be scum and you surprised me greatly. Now that we are at this point, with no CCs so far, let's look for scum with what we have.

From my view, these are the ones we need to hunt for scum in. I have excluded PR claims and also Nanette, as I see her in an increadible lurking VT light. I do not believe she is scum, nor do I believe her lynch is of benifit to town. If you oppose this view, let me know.

As for these 4 here, let's look at them.

Professor Icarus- Has always seemed scummy-neutral to me, and while he has made lots of town posts, I continue to think it is him. I am happy with this lynch as it stands now.

Charmaine U- Someone I saw as scummy for the longest time then changed to see in a town light. I am not sure if it would be her over anyone else, but perhaps if we jail Mimi, we will know for sure.

Mimi F- My biggest town read since Delilah, and yet she was not a PR like I would have thought. I do not think she would be a good lynch, but I do think she would be a good JK target.

Natasha L- The first to switch to Fernando after I called him out. She has seemed scummy to me as a gut read since the first newspaper I wrote with those piss poor quick reads. But she was the first on scum, so why would she do that unless a bus? It does make me wonder if she is scum and the Fernando lynch would get me off her, but I am unsure.

These are my thoughts. If anyone has anything to add or a CC to make, do so now, please. And if you think I am a scumteam with Nanette, say so now. I am sure there will be some interesting reactions to look at when I don't even mention her as one of my 4 vt/scum CCs.
Towa Q.
Towa Q.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmaine U. Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:04 pm

ill post tomorrow with thoughts
Charmaine U.
Charmaine U.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi F. Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:39 am

Now that both the doctor and jailkeeper have claimed, and for the time being noone has CC'd either claim, an interesting opportunity presents itself. Since either the JK or doc prevented a kill night 2, we could use their targets night 2 to help us find the last 2 mafia goons. However, I feel that public knowledge of the actions made night 2 benefit the mafia more, because they learn exactly what reads can be made off of the actions (e.g. whether is was a doc protect, jk protect, or jk roleblock) while we are left guessing which of the three it truly was. For that reason I don't think it is logical for doc and JK to reveal their night 2 targets.
Mimi F.
Mimi F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramona G. Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:29 am

Mimi F. wrote:Now that both the doctor and jailkeeper have claimed, and for the time being noone has CC'd either claim, an interesting opportunity presents itself.  Since either the JK or doc prevented a kill night 2, we could use their targets night 2 to help us find the last 2 mafia goons.  However, I feel that public knowledge of the actions made night 2 benefit the mafia more, because they learn exactly what reads can be made off of the actions (e.g. whether is was a doc protect, jk protect, or jk roleblock) while we are left guessing which of the three it truly was.  For that reason I don't think it is logical for doc and JK to reveal their night 2 targets.

That is indeed a good point. Perhaps maybe one could claim instead of both? That way we reveal someone information but not the full information. Not sure if it's a good idea. As for today, I do not mind a Professor Icarus lynch.

Ramona G.
Ramona G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha L. Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:41 am

assuming no ccs at this point.

As with Towa, I'm extremely surprised. I commend Ramona and Annie for playing scummy enough to not die for being too townie, but not the other way around. These were both on my leaning-scum list, but good job guys.

OK, that means 5 left from my POV. I am a VT.

Towa Q. - I'm staying with my read that s/he is town from the previous page. (check it out). I feel as though in a theme where it is 3v10, scum bussing each other does not sound like the best idea. She helped me start the Fernando lynch. I don't see any reason that she would be scum.

Professor Icarus - Almost all of the alive people who haven't claimed doc/jk were on my Leaning-Town list, so I have to turn reads on someone. With his recent reads, a lot of them were "here's one reason why this person may be scum, but here's another reason that means that they could be town." See his read on Ramona;

"although Ramona has been lacking, personally I could see her as a possible townie, but just one that isn't willing to put forth tons of information. It's possible to see it as scummy yes"

or worse, his read on me:

"unsure about Natasha really. I feel she is possible scum like some of us were saying, but at the same time I can see some areas outright where they seem overall towny like in several posts. Right now neutral, but this will probably change over today I'm sure. "

As a result, I'm fine with a lynch on him. I won't lynch him until I see Charmaine's thoughts on the Gurkinn flip, though.

Charmaine - I commented on her in my previous post, but ever since the Gurkinn lynch, to whom she had been turboing since Day 2, she has not posted any of her thoughts. ANY. This was her turbo, and yet she has still not posted any thoughts about the fact that her read flipped town! I was surprised too, but seriously Charmaine. Scum? Maybe. I don't know yet. I'd like to see her opinion on the Gurkinn flip.

Nanette - I would like a sub for her; she said that she can't get on specifically because she was having computer troubles. I do not have enough info about her to make a read, which at this point in the game, is troubling.

Mimi - I mean, her ideas are great, and she's been really helpful for town. There's not much else to say besides the fact that she is likely town.

I agree with Mimi, JK and Doc claim actions for nights 1 and 3, but not night 2.
Natasha L.
Natasha L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmaine U. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:42 pm

nat - hard to tell, comes alive during lylo it seems from her posts to try to seem more towny - slight scum lean

mimi - idk hard to read but seems to have jumped on every lynch which is a kinda scummy thing to do - slight scum read

icarus - read him town last time i did a list, nothing really changed on that.

nan - never posts, could be hiding - slight scum lean

towa - presented good ideas especially the claiming though plays a lil scummy - town

lynch Nanette B.

better lynch target than icarus and we gonna put some pressure on them
Charmaine U.
Charmaine U.

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie F. Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Lynch towa

At this point I don't expect any cc's, which means 1 claim would have been WAY better. Why did you not even care to think about only 1 person claiming towa? I knew it would be better to have 1 claim but I went with this for information. There are No cc's, as makes sense. Why would scum care to cc at this point? Which leaves me to wonder, why did the Town want this? I came to the conclusion that towa the oh so townie person said it was a good idea, and everyone followed. Honestly the only towny thing about her at this point is het Lynch on Fernando, after that she Led us to 2 Bad lynches and I feel like she's leading us to a third. She also has used false information to make me look scummy 2/2 times. But let's assume for a moment she's the Town Leader, why did she think Both claiming would be good? Now the only way for me to survive risks the jk's Life. I think towa is actually Smart and wanted to know Both as she is mafia and knows they wont be cc'd. I think towa is Most definitely scum, Just like I knew Fernando was scum and our other 2 lynches weren't. So please Listen to me and Let me lead the Lynch Today, as so far towa has known 1/3 while I had guessed All the alignments correctly.

About claiming our protects, fuck that tactic of yours. If we're gonna risk our pr's we're gonna get the Most info out of it we can. We're not going to withold information from Town because scum can use it, we wouldn't with a cop either. So night 1: towa, night 2: I was too late for deadline so that was done by jk. Night 3: I can't Look it up Right now because I'm on phone.
Annie F.
Annie F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next