Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Uncle Milton on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:16 am

unlynch leeku sorry bout my absence, I read through a little and yeah lynching day 1 is the best option, idk why everyone hopped on my wagon earlier tho I thought it was an obvious random lynch
avatar
Uncle Milton

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Yosaku D. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:06 am

Any thoughts on what's been discussed thus far, Milton?
@Umberto I already explained the thought behind avatar analysis, it literally gets the same exact thing as RLing but without doing it in a way that every good scum is already prepared to combat
avatar
Yosaku D.

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Pierre T. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:41 am

Leeku O. wrote:So sorry forgot to unlynch Yosaku before lynching Luana if you could fix that please aj.
As for my reads, there hasn't been nearly enough talking but I have found Austin M. and Case C. to be the towniest players so far, and everyone who posted one thing and disappeared would be leaning scum in my mind (Luana and Marissa)

Has no one noticed how Woodwark K. jumped on the bandwagon, most/all of his posts are filler and then he just stops talking? Everyone is FoS'ing / being suspicous of Luana for jumping on the bw and just 1 post but it's as bad as a bunch of filler posts and jumping on the bw. I find it ironic how no one has noticed this and is solely focusing on Luana. If we're going to pressure 1 we might as well do both

Lynch Woodward K.
avatar
Pierre T.

Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Clarissa W. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:22 am

well sub happened, so unlynch the foreman
also, i didn't know that editing isn't allowed; won't do it anymore.
avatar
Clarissa W.

Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Austin M. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 am

It's kinda sad how progress gets inhibited by a bunch of inactive people. We are waiting kinda for people like luana and other inactive/lurkers to respond and be productive coz atm that's where most of everyone's pressure is going towards. Pressure is like money, you invest it on someone to get a decent reaction back. If they dont react you just wasted this pressure. This is what i feel is happening right now and day 1 is ending soon so it is starting to be worrying.

The only reason why i didnt think of woodwark as scum is because towards the end of his posts they werent actually filler. He was saying how Umberto (or whoever it was cant remember xD) is tunneling on leeku. He said it in a strange way to make it look fillery but if he rephrased that to something like "umberto you seem to be tunneling on someone who was only randon lynched" it would look like a non-filler post but it literally meant the same thing. Also the fact that he recognised the tunneling shows that his lynch was not intended for a BW coz that is also tunneling if that makes sense. I am just kinda curious why Pierre started going on about how it's ironic and made a big deal of only lynching luana. It's coz i found her the most scummy out of all of them and so did a few others.
avatar
Austin M.

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:22 am

Austin M. wrote:It's kinda sad how progress gets inhibited by a bunch of inactive people. We are waiting kinda for people like luana and other inactive/lurkers to respond and be productive coz atm that's where most of everyone's pressure is going towards. Pressure is like money, you invest it on someone to get a decent reaction back. If they dont react you just wasted this pressure. This is what i feel is happening right now and day 1 is ending soon so it is starting to be worrying.

The only reason why i didnt think of woodwark as scum is because towards the end of his posts they werent actually filler. He was saying how Umberto (or whoever it was cant remember xD) is tunneling on leeku. He said it in a strange way to make it look fillery but if he rephrased that to something like "umberto you seem to be tunneling on someone who was only randon lynched" it would look like a non-filler post but it literally meant the same thing. Also the fact that he recognised the tunneling shows that his lynch was not intended for a BW coz that is also tunneling if that makes sense. I am just kinda curious why Pierre started going on about how it's ironic and made a big deal of only lynching luana. It's coz i found her the most scummy out of all of them and so did a few others.

You. I like you. You're saying most of the stuff I want to say but wording it better. Agree on almost everything in this post
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:30 am

Ramone R. wrote:
Mariss A. wrote:Happy Fathers Day

What a cutie tbh.

Now, moving on to what really matters. I am the type of person who hates lynching day 1 because I personally cannot find anything too scummy in people by the first day but since someone has to be lynched everyday in anon, if i had to lynch someone today, it'd be Yosaku. Nothing he has done is particularly scummy but he seems scummier than everyone else in my eyes because of his constant filler posts and how easily he goes off track.
I understand that everyone does this but I associate that with scumminess as it is usually mafia who tries to redirect town rather than town itself. (unless you're bad. THat's right Yosaku, I'm looking at you).

-Ramone R.

Can you elaborate on Yosaku? I didn't find him to be like that at all, I think he's one of the better contributors to town right now. I'd rather we lynch one of the inactive people for day 1. It's better to lose an inactive townie than take a risk and possibly lose an active townie
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by ajhockeystar on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:16 am

Votecount 1.3
******************************

Leeku O.(2)- Woodward K., Luana V.
Luana V.(2)- Austin M., Leeku O.
Pierre T.(2)- Umberto I., Case C.
Uncle Milton(1)- Yosaku D.
Woodward K.(1)- Pierre T.
The Foreman(0)-
Umberto I.(0)-
Yosaku D.(0)-
Case C.(0)-
Austin M.(0)-
Ramone R.(0)-
Mariss A.(0)-
Clarissa W.(0)-
Not Voting(5)- The Foreman, Ramone R., Mariss A., Uncle Milton, Clarissa W.
******************************
There are 13 alive so it takes 7 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 24th at 9am EST.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 947
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Woodward K. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Pierre T. wrote:
Leeku O. wrote:So sorry forgot to unlynch Yosaku before lynching Luana if you could fix that please aj.
As for my reads, there hasn't been nearly enough talking but I have found Austin M. and Case C. to be the towniest players so far, and everyone who posted one thing and disappeared would be leaning scum in my mind (Luana and Marissa)

Has no one noticed how Woodwark K. jumped on the bandwagon, most/all of his posts are filler and then he just stops talking? Everyone is FoS'ing / being suspicous of Luana for jumping on the bw and just 1 post but it's as bad as a bunch of filler posts and jumping on the bw. I find it ironic how no one has noticed this and is solely focusing on Luana. If we're going to pressure 1 we might as well do both

Lynch Woodward K.

I was actually getting curious when someone would finally pick up on that. Point for you.
avatar
Woodward K.

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Woodward K. wrote:
Pierre T. wrote:
Leeku O. wrote:So sorry forgot to unlynch Yosaku before lynching Luana if you could fix that please aj.
As for my reads, there hasn't been nearly enough talking but I have found Austin M. and Case C. to be the towniest players so far, and everyone who posted one thing and disappeared would be leaning scum in my mind (Luana and Marissa)

Has no one noticed how Woodwark K. jumped on the bandwagon, most/all of his posts are filler and then he just stops talking? Everyone is FoS'ing / being suspicous of Luana for jumping on the bw and just 1 post but it's as bad as a bunch of filler posts and jumping on the bw. I find it ironic how no one has noticed this and is solely focusing on Luana. If we're going to pressure 1 we might as well do both

Lynch Woodward K.

I was actually getting curious when someone would finally pick up on that. Point for you.

I find this answer to be particularly scummy. Are you not gonna defend yourself?
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Umberto I. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:51 pm

Leeku O. wrote:
Woodward K. wrote:
Pierre T. wrote:
Leeku O. wrote:So sorry forgot to unlynch Yosaku before lynching Luana if you could fix that please aj.
As for my reads, there hasn't been nearly enough talking but I have found Austin M. and Case C. to be the towniest players so far, and everyone who posted one thing and disappeared would be leaning scum in my mind (Luana and Marissa)

Has no one noticed how Woodwark K. jumped on the bandwagon, most/all of his posts are filler and then he just stops talking? Everyone is FoS'ing / being suspicous of Luana for jumping on the bw and just 1 post but it's as bad as a bunch of filler posts and jumping on the bw. I find it ironic how no one has noticed this and is solely focusing on Luana. If we're going to pressure 1 we might as well do both

Lynch Woodward K.

I was actually getting curious when someone would finally pick up on that. Point for you.

I find this answer to be particularly scummy. Are you not gonna defend yourself?

Yeah, me too. Like what in gods name was that? Woodward basically just said "Yay good for you you found something I did that was scummy and that I knew was scummy but did anyway" like ...???

Unlynch Pierre T., Lynch Woodward K.
avatar
Umberto I.

Posts : 107
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Unlynch Luana Lynch Woodward
I'm all for pressuring Woodward right now
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Ramone R. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:12 pm

Umberto I. wrote:
Yosaku D. wrote:
The Foreman wrote:Why was everyone shitposting so early in the game, I mean I know its d1 and nobody can form reads, but with the shitpost it makes harder to read because then everyone was doing it

shitposting in the earlygame is inevitable, and really only worrisome after people are actually trying to bring up discussion. Do you have any opinions on all the non-shitposting that's been going on (this page and the previous one)?

I agree with this almost entirely - I wanna know what your response is to the NONshitpost portion. Also, the shitpost portion can basically just be ignored because everyone did it.

Ramone R. wrote:
Mariss A. wrote:Happy Fathers Day

What a cutie tbh.

This, and the thing that it's in response to, are the definition of shitpost. Worrisome.

Now, moving on to what really matters. I am the type of person who hates lynching day 1 because I personally cannot find anything too scummy in people by the first day but since someone has to be lynched everyday in anon, if i had to lynch someone today, it'd be Yosaku. Nothing he has done is particularly scummy but he seems scummier than everyone else in my eyes because of his constant filler posts and how easily he goes off track.
I understand that everyone does this but I associate that with scumminess as it is usually mafia who tries to redirect town rather than town itself. (unless you're bad. THat's right Yosaku, I'm looking at you).

-Ramone R.

Ah, the body. I like what he says here, but we have to lynch day one. Without any sort of real alignment-confirming PR, day 1 lynches are pretty necessary - as is a lynch every day except possibly mylo. I disagree with your scumread on Yosaku, because he hasn't really been fillering - a lot of what he's said has inspired discussion. I agree with you on saying that it's more of him redirecting town and not focusing on anything - but the only shift I saw was him redirecting it from shitposting to discussion, so I'm, not sure I understand your scumread.

Given that we have no alignment checkers, lynching D1 is our best option since we really have no other perfect way to find scum.
I don't feel like i've been fillering, but if you'd like to point out a post of mine that was filler and explain why it is so (unless it's self-explanatory), please do so. I'd also like an example of going off track. If you're talking about the avatar "analysis" then I already explained my reasoning behind doing that, so read that.
Also, lynch votes are retractable. If you feel like i'm scummy, cast a vote for me. Not doing so while pointing out someone as scummy is generally a move to distance oneself from a lynch if it occurs on said person.

Already said that I agree with you about lynching Day 1 - Already commented on how it isn't filler - Avatar analysis is stupid - I'm curious as to why Ramone didn't move his vote to you; I recognize he said he doesn't want a Day 1 lynch, but still, at least make your intentions clear.

May I remind you that I never placed a vote in the first place. As for the filler, I know you explained it but I was referring to the avatar analysis.

-Ramone R.
avatar
Ramone R.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Woodward K. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Umberto I. wrote:
Leeku O. wrote:
Woodward K. wrote:
Pierre T. wrote:
Leeku O. wrote:So sorry forgot to unlynch Yosaku before lynching Luana if you could fix that please aj.
As for my reads, there hasn't been nearly enough talking but I have found Austin M. and Case C. to be the towniest players so far, and everyone who posted one thing and disappeared would be leaning scum in my mind (Luana and Marissa)

Has no one noticed how Woodwark K. jumped on the bandwagon, most/all of his posts are filler and then he just stops talking? Everyone is FoS'ing / being suspicous of Luana for jumping on the bw and just 1 post but it's as bad as a bunch of filler posts and jumping on the bw. I find it ironic how no one has noticed this and is solely focusing on Luana. If we're going to pressure 1 we might as well do both

Lynch Woodward K.

I was actually getting curious when someone would finally pick up on that. Point for you.

I find this answer to be particularly scummy. Are you not gonna defend yourself?

Yeah, me too. Like what in gods name was that? Woodward basically just said "Yay good for you you found something I did that was scummy and that I knew was scummy but did anyway" like ...???

Unlynch Pierre T., Lynch Woodward K.

sigh

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory so i ain't explained it no more. Here goes tho:

I ain't mind jumpin' on a wagon in early RVS to put some pressure. While observing how everyone reacts to stuff everyone else does is good and all, I find it better to throw some action out there and observe the reactions. Early day 1 is just shitposting and all and I've never taken it too seriously, I'm more of a "take a look once the storm's beginning to pass so that sand doesn't get in your eyes" type of a fella.

So yea, I of course I knew adding my vote to the pressure wagon while continuing to shitpost (I mean, take a look at my posts, c'mon y'all) was scummy lol I'd be an idiot not to realise that. And look, it gave me some nice reaction tests already. At this stage of game I won't hesitate to do something which isn't textbook town if that forms a good area for reads gathering.

It ain't a textbook bait, but you can consider it something along the lines of one.
avatar
Woodward K.

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Case C. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Yosaku Getting shit for the avatar analysis is dumb because it's just random lynching articulated differently.

I don't feel like outing town reads D1 unless they're under fire because it's pretty useless and only gives scum more info.

Pierre still hasn't posted since the blatant sheep so I'll keep my vote there.

Woodward is obviously trying to bait reactions because Mafia are way too self conscious to make those kind of posts.

More whenever I feel like it/something that is worth commenting on happens. This game is moving pretty slowly.
avatar
Case C.

Posts : 36
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Woodward K. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Case C. wrote:Yosaku Getting shit for the avatar analysis is dumb because it's just random lynching articulated differently.

I don't feel like outing town reads D1 unless they're under fire because it's pretty useless and only gives scum more info.

Pierre still hasn't posted since the blatant sheep so I'll keep my vote there.

Woodward is obviously trying to bait reactions because Mafia are way too self conscious to make those kind of posts.

More whenever I feel like it/something that is worth commenting on happens. This game is moving pretty slowly.

Am I OBVIOUSLY doing it? I would say it's WIFOM at best, especially the part about "Mafia being too self conscious about it".
avatar
Woodward K.

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Case C. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Even if you're Mafia you're still baiting reactions. Sure it might be WIFOM, but that's not how I'm choosing to read it based on your posts.
avatar
Case C.

Posts : 36
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Woodward K. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Fair enough. It sounded a bit off to me how quickly you showed a support for me.
avatar
Woodward K.

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Yosaku D. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Case C. wrote:Yosaku Getting shit for the avatar analysis is dumb because it's just random lynching articulated differently.

I don't feel like outing town reads D1 unless they're under fire because it's pretty useless and only gives scum more info.

Pierre still hasn't posted since the blatant sheep so I'll keep my vote there.

Woodward is obviously trying to bait reactions because Mafia are way too self conscious to make those kind of posts.

More whenever I feel like it/something that is worth commenting on happens. This game is moving pretty slowly.
THANK YOU.
a majority of people seem to be ignoring that completely which is irritating me a lot.

I suppose Woodward's way of getting reactions was a different way than normal, much like what I attempted to do, so kudos to him. His explanation seemed pretty logical to me so i'm not too suspicious of him like some others are atm.

I don't think reads are going to be solid enough on D1 to actually make a good lynch, but there are rare cases where this isn't true. That being said, it doesn't hurt to put reads out there, unless you're only outlining 1/2 people as town, since you make a WIFOM situation there that's just annoying for the protection roles.
avatar
Yosaku D.

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Ramone R. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Okay everyone needs to chill thank you very much. All I said was that if I had to lynch someone day 1, it would be Yosaku. I do not want to lynch which is why my lynch is not on him right now. I could easily just lurk until day 2 to give my inputs but i don't want to be that one guy which is why i gave the very little input I had.
Once again, I do not think Yosaku is extremely scummy beaus of avatar analysis. I simply said that it seems scummier than what the others are doing.

-Ramone R.
avatar
Ramone R.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Yosaku D. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Ramone R. wrote:Okay everyone needs to chill thank you very much. All I said was that if I had to lynch someone day 1, it would be Yosaku. I do not want to lynch which is why my lynch is not on him right now. I could easily just lurk until day 2 to give my inputs but i don't want to be that one guy which is why i gave the very little input I had.
Once again, I do not think Yosaku is extremely scummy beaus of avatar analysis. I simply said that it seems scummier than what the others are doing.

-Ramone R.
but why?
you've brought up reasons but you haven't actually given any evidence for them (and you haven't brought up reasons that don't require evidence, e.g. a gut read)!
avatar
Yosaku D.

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Mariss A. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:01 pm

no ones really outright scummy to me, however ill get more reads once everyone start to talk more.
avatar
Mariss A.

Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Yosaku D. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Do you have any preliminary reads? If not, do you have any thoughts on what's been discussed thus far? Even if you feel you're rehashing what's already been said, it would be good to know if you agree with points that have already been made or not.
avatar
Yosaku D.

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by The Foreman on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:59 pm

Tbh I agree with Larissa, nobody stands out as particularly scummy to me
avatar
The Foreman

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by The Foreman on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:59 pm

Marissa* gdi
avatar
The Foreman

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum