Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:26 am

Austin M. wrote:
Case C. wrote:Unlynch Leeku

I am an idiot and thought they were claiming Vanilla instead of commenting on the setup. RVS yada yada

I don't think BWing is scummy in RVS because the whole point is to get reactions and see how people react to pressure.

@Woodward who is tunelling on who

I see where you are coming from but i feel that BWing gets false reactions. It makes people self-aware and annoyed making them more angry towards other people which makes them look more scummy (not all the time but thats what i have noticed usually). Also BWing drives them into a state where they are forced to be super defensive which cuts on their ability to put forward their scumhunting analysis on other people.

I guess BW does increase their activity usually and people can post both defense and thoughts in the same post but it didnt look like leeku was gonna lurk anyway and a 3rd or 4th lynch so early seems excessive. Random lynching is probably a better strat day 1.

Now lets get what luana has to say about herself

UL case Lynch Luana

Wow, I completely agree with this. Weird. I also think as a target of a bandwagon on day 1, there is no response that doesnt seem scummy, so it's pretty useless as far as reaction-hunting
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 am

Lynch Luana
You still haven't said one thing all game except for that shitty reason for lynching me. Talk.
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by ajhockeystar on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:43 am

Votecount 1.2
******************************

Leeku O.(3)- Uncle Milton, Woodward K., Luana V.
Yosaku D.(2)- Leeku O., Case C.
Luana V.(2)- Austin M., Leeku O.
Case C.(1)- Clarissa W.
Pierre T.(1)- Umberto I.
Umberto I.(1)- Yosaku D.
The Foreman(0)-
Uncle Milton(0)-
Austin M.(0)-
Ramone R.(0)-
Mariss A.(0)-
Clarissa W.(0)-
Woodward K.(0)-
Not Voting(4)- The Foreman, Ramone R., Mariss A., Pierre T.
******************************
There are 13 alive so it takes 7 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 24th at 9am EST.


Last edited by ajhockeystar on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 894
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Pierre T. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:59 am

ok ok so I've read everything and most of it is shitpost but we have transgressed into some discussion.

Luana and Case and Uncle Milton bw'ing is like very suspicious, on that note i have a FoS on Luana(for 1 post which was jumping on the bw) and Uncle Milton(getting a bad vibe/stopped talking after all the shitposts).

I would lynch Luana but I'll hold back for now and see what Luana responds with
avatar
Pierre T.

Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Case C. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:48 am

AJ only one vote on me now. L

Leeku seems oddly self centered, which might just be a playstyle thing but it bothers me. I can't say is unread them for it though, would like others opinions on this matter.

@Leeku: any thoughts on the game that don't revolve around you or the wagon on you?

Pierres post is a giant sheep of things that have entirely been said before, and Yosakus defense was good.

Unlynch Yosaku
Lynch Pierre

avatar
Case C.

Posts : 36
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Case C. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:51 am

Thing I forgot to mention was Pierre not throwing a vote down is wishy washy. Why not add some pressure to create a better way to read Luana whenever they get back? By not voting they have more flexibility and less attention thrown to them, something I think has scum intent.
avatar
Case C.

Posts : 36
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Case C. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:54 am

Triple lost ftw. In my first post, I'm supposed to say, "I can't say I scumread them for it though
avatar
Case C.

Posts : 36
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:21 am

Case C. wrote:AJ only one vote on me now. L

Leeku seems oddly self centered, which might just be a playstyle thing but it bothers me. I can't say is unread them for it though, would like others opinions on this matter.

@Leeku: any thoughts on the game that don't revolve around you or the wagon on you?

Pierres post is a giant sheep of things that have entirely been said before, and Yosakus defense was good.

Unlynch Yosaku
Lynch Pierre


Yes, I do have some thoughts on 2 people in particular, but i'm waiting for everyone to have talked so I can post my initial read list.
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Clarissa W. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:35 am

unlynch case
long story short, i liked his reaction to my and austin's fos on him, and then moved on to actually contribute to the discussion.

Case C. wrote:AJ only one vote on me now. L

Leeku seems oddly self centered, which might just be a playstyle thing but it bothers me. I can't say is unread them for it though, would like others opinions on this matter.

@Leeku: any thoughts on the game that don't revolve around you or the wagon on you?

Pierres post is a giant sheep of things that have entirely been said before, and Yosakus defense was good.

Unlynch Yosaku
Lynch Pierre


this is a good example of such. so thanks.
to answer your question about leeku, i think the self-centeredness of his posts are a reaction toward the early lynches/bw on him; i feel he's just being cautious and defensive.
(btw case you can edit your posts. i dont forum much either so i feel ya on that)

lynch the foreman
let's start waking up the lurkers, who are actually contributing nothing.
avatar
Clarissa W.

Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Clarissa W. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:37 am

mariss a. and luana and ramone should also wake tf up.
avatar
Clarissa W.

Posts : 11
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Umberto I. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Clarissa W. wrote:unlynch case
long story short, i liked his reaction to my and austin's fos on him, and then moved on to actually contribute to the discussion.

Case C. wrote:AJ only one vote on me now. L

Leeku seems oddly self centered, which might just be a playstyle thing but it bothers me. I can't say is unread them for it though, would like others opinions on this matter.

@Leeku: any thoughts on the game that don't revolve around you or the wagon on you?

Pierres post is a giant sheep of things that have entirely been said before, and Yosakus defense was good.

Unlynch Yosaku
Lynch Pierre


this is a good example of such. so thanks.
to answer your question about leeku, i think the self-centeredness of his posts are a reaction toward the early lynches/bw on him; i feel he's just being cautious and defensive.
(btw case you can edit your posts. i dont forum much either so i feel ya on that)

lynch the foreman
let's start waking up the lurkers, who are actually contributing nothing.

Seeing as TF hasn't even confirmed or posted yet, I have a feeling he's going to need a sub...
avatar
Umberto I.

Posts : 107
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by ajhockeystar on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:23 pm

The Foreman has been subbed out, a new user is now using the account.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 894
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by The Foreman on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Read a little on d1, so I know most of what's going on and why everyone is on who they are on
avatar
The Foreman

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Austin M. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:58 pm

The Foreman wrote:Read a little on d1, so I know most of what's going on and why everyone is on who they are on

Cool story bro lol, you wanna tell us your thoughts about everyone and stuff? Like seriously it's no good telling us you read a bit of day 1.

I am like 100% sure editting posts is not allowed.

Case, unless luana is lurking, i dont think a 4th lynch (or however many lynches are on her atm) is necessary just coz she's inactive rather than lurking. Well i havent actually checked tho so if she is then an additional lynch is probs justified.
avatar
Austin M.

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Austin M. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Her last visit was at Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:52 pm and her last post was at Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:00 pm. Thats shows that she isnt lurking.
avatar
Austin M.

Posts : 26
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Yosaku D. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:24 pm

Leeku O. wrote:
Case C. wrote:AJ only one vote on me now. L

Leeku seems oddly self centered, which might just be a playstyle thing but it bothers me. I can't say is unread them for it though, would like others opinions on this matter.

@Leeku: any thoughts on the game that don't revolve around you or the wagon on you?

Pierres post is a giant sheep of things that have entirely been said before, and Yosakus defense was good.

Unlynch Yosaku
Lynch Pierre


Yes, I do have some thoughts on 2 people in particular, but i'm waiting for everyone to have talked so I can post my initial read list.

Honestly, just post your thoughts now. Anything new is always good to discuss, since D1 is often a time where its hard to find solid topics of discussion.

Austin M. wrote:
The Foreman wrote:Read a little on d1, so I know most of what's going on and why everyone is on who they are on

Cool story bro lol, you wanna tell us your thoughts about everyone and stuff? Like seriously it's no good telling us you read a bit of day 1.

I am like 100% sure editting posts is not allowed.

Case, unless luana is lurking, i dont think a 4th lynch (or however many lynches are on her atm) is necessary just coz she's inactive rather than lurking. Well i havent actually checked tho so if she is then an additional lynch is probs justified.

Editing posts is not allowed.
Would be good to hear preliminary thoughts from those who have been more quiet.

Austin M. wrote:Her last visit was at Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:52 pm and her last post was at  Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:00 pm. Thats shows that she isnt lurking.

This is generally an inaccurate measure of someone's activity since they can just hide when they were online and this will not update
A better measure is to see if they've not been subbed for a whole phase or a couple phases while also being inactive (this is how TheWhoDoctor found the final scum in the last set of games).
avatar
Yosaku D.

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Yosaku D. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Also i'm unlynching Umberto and lynching Uncle Milton for the reasons others have already outlined (only shitposting, and completely disappearing after actual discussion began)
avatar
Yosaku D.

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by The Foreman on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Why was everyone shitposting so early in the game, I mean I know its d1 and nobody can form reads, but with the shitpost it makes harder to read because then everyone was doing it
avatar
The Foreman

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:11 pm

So sorry forgot to unlynch Yosaku before lynching Luana if you could fix that please aj.
As for my reads, there hasn't been nearly enough talking but I have found Austin M. and Case C. to be the towniest players so far, and everyone who posted one thing and disappeared would be leaning scum in my mind (Luana and Marissa)
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Leeku O. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Unlynch Yosaku so aj sees it
avatar
Leeku O.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Ramone R. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:57 pm

I have arrived.
avatar
Ramone R.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Ramone R. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:01 pm

err... I didn't mean to send that last message without finishing it. Therefore I will continue i this post.

I would like to start off by addressing the fact that I am going to rek mafia.
Second, I had some thoughts in my mind while catching up but i forgot them all now and I don;t want to lose this message so I am going to post this, go back and read the rest and then tell you guys my thoughts.

-Ramone R.
avatar
Ramone R.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Ramone R. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Mariss A. wrote:Happy Fathers Day

What a cutie tbh.

Now, moving on to what really matters. I am the type of person who hates lynching day 1 because I personally cannot find anything too scummy in people by the first day but since someone has to be lynched everyday in anon, if i had to lynch someone today, it'd be Yosaku. Nothing he has done is particularly scummy but he seems scummier than everyone else in my eyes because of his constant filler posts and how easily he goes off track.
I understand that everyone does this but I associate that with scumminess as it is usually mafia who tries to redirect town rather than town itself. (unless you're bad. THat's right Yosaku, I'm looking at you).

-Ramone R.
avatar
Ramone R.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Yosaku D. on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:48 pm

The Foreman wrote:Why was everyone shitposting so early in the game, I mean I know its d1 and nobody can form reads, but with the shitpost it makes harder to read because then everyone was doing it

shitposting in the earlygame is inevitable, and really only worrisome after people are actually trying to bring up discussion. Do you have any opinions on all the non-shitposting that's been going on (this page and the previous one)?

Ramone R. wrote:
Mariss A. wrote:Happy Fathers Day

What a cutie tbh.

Now, moving on to what really matters. I am the type of person who hates lynching day 1 because I personally cannot find anything too scummy in people by the first day but since someone has to be lynched everyday in anon, if i had to lynch someone today, it'd be Yosaku. Nothing he has done is particularly scummy but he seems scummier than everyone else in my eyes because of his constant filler posts and how easily he goes off track.
I understand that everyone does this but I associate that with scumminess as it is usually mafia who tries to redirect town rather than town itself. (unless you're bad. THat's right Yosaku, I'm looking at you).

-Ramone R.

Given that we have no alignment checkers, lynching D1 is our best option since we really have no other perfect way to find scum.
I don't feel like i've been fillering, but if you'd like to point out a post of mine that was filler and explain why it is so (unless it's self-explanatory), please do so. I'd also like an example of going off track. If you're talking about the avatar "analysis" then I already explained my reasoning behind doing that, so read that.
Also, lynch votes are retractable. If you feel like i'm scummy, cast a vote for me. Not doing so while pointing out someone as scummy is generally a move to distance oneself from a lynch if it occurs on said person.
avatar
Yosaku D.

Posts : 118
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Umberto I. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:01 am

Yosaku D. wrote:
The Foreman wrote:Why was everyone shitposting so early in the game, I mean I know its d1 and nobody can form reads, but with the shitpost it makes harder to read because then everyone was doing it

shitposting in the earlygame is inevitable, and really only worrisome after people are actually trying to bring up discussion. Do you have any opinions on all the non-shitposting that's been going on (this page and the previous one)?

I agree with this almost entirely - I wanna know what your response is to the NONshitpost portion. Also, the shitpost portion can basically just be ignored because everyone did it.

Ramone R. wrote:
Mariss A. wrote:Happy Fathers Day

What a cutie tbh.

This, and the thing that it's in response to, are the definition of shitpost. Worrisome.

Now, moving on to what really matters. I am the type of person who hates lynching day 1 because I personally cannot find anything too scummy in people by the first day but since someone has to be lynched everyday in anon, if i had to lynch someone today, it'd be Yosaku. Nothing he has done is particularly scummy but he seems scummier than everyone else in my eyes because of his constant filler posts and how easily he goes off track.
I understand that everyone does this but I associate that with scumminess as it is usually mafia who tries to redirect town rather than town itself. (unless you're bad. THat's right Yosaku, I'm looking at you).

-Ramone R.

Ah, the body. I like what he says here, but we have to lynch day one. Without any sort of real alignment-confirming PR, day 1 lynches are pretty necessary - as is a lynch every day except possibly mylo. I disagree with your scumread on Yosaku, because he hasn't really been fillering - a lot of what he's said has inspired discussion. I agree with you on saying that it's more of him redirecting town and not focusing on anything - but the only shift I saw was him redirecting it from shitposting to discussion, so I'm, not sure I understand your scumread.

Given that we have no alignment checkers, lynching D1 is our best option since we really have no other perfect way to find scum.
I don't feel like i've been fillering, but if you'd like to point out a post of mine that was filler and explain why it is so (unless it's self-explanatory), please do so. I'd also like an example of going off track. If you're talking about the avatar "analysis" then I already explained my reasoning behind doing that, so read that.
Also, lynch votes are retractable. If you feel like i'm scummy, cast a vote for me. Not doing so while pointing out someone as scummy is generally a move to distance oneself from a lynch if it occurs on said person.

Already said that I agree with you about lynching Day 1 - Already commented on how it isn't filler - Avatar analysis is stupid - I'm curious as to why Ramone didn't move his vote to you; I recognize he said he doesn't want a Day 1 lynch, but still, at least make your intentions clear.


Last edited by Umberto I. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed bold from post bottom)
avatar
Umberto I.

Posts : 107
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum