PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 29: Guess Who?

+11
Anita B.
Penelope C.
Rhyanna F.
Kylan R.
Carl G.
Horatio A.
Professor Jacuzzi
ajhockeystar
Sanpei S.
The Rodman
Manning P.
15 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game 29: Guess Who? - Page 8 Empty Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Sanpei S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Horatio A. wrote:Sorry, I haven’t been as active as I want to be but anyways… I guess I’ll just list my reads

Sanpai - Scumread: On Page 2 (not going to bother quoting that wall post) he said “Egotistical players are the best because they'll attempt crazy bullshit that nobody else will. And usually get scum caught in the flounder-y process that follows.” (refering to Penelope) but then lynched Penelope after? and he was also trolling around when Anita asked him “Then why aren’t you scum :^)” with “Because my PM from AJ didn't say I was”. This answer just seems kinda off to me because he was going along with the joke question instead of answering it probably/questioning why anita would ask that out of no where.
Sanpei S. wrote:Hell, what makes you think I'm scum in the first place?
^ that reaction to Ian thinking that you're scum is a little too much imo.
So I’m just going to Lynch Sanpai.

PJ: Neutral: he has done some town-ish things (e.g. such as make a wall post against Anita, suggesting that we should announce when we’re putting people at L-1 in the future and not wanting to waste discussion time) but then the Anita post saying she was partners with PJ is just pure WIFOM and I sorta just want to lynch him so we don’t have to bother with the huge WIFOM case...

Ian: Townread - I think he has a town-ish appearance and has good reasonings/basis's to lynch people/explain why he sr'd/tr'd someone etc.

I don't really have enough time to make a full reads post (but I just made a reads post on the people who currently had a lynch on them) but I'll try and post one later on.

Where did this lynch even come from? I don't think any of the usualy Day 1 bullshit should be the basis of a read, given that, well, it's Day 1 bullshit. How else do you respond to the troll question "Why aren't you scum :^)" on day 1? There's no "evidence" of towniness at that stage.
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Votecount 2.3

Sanpei S.(2)- Penelope C., Horatio A.
Horatio A.(1)- Ian S.
Ian S.(1)- Manning P.
Penelope C.(1)- Carl G.
Professor Jacuzzi(0)-
The Rodman(0)-
Kylan R.(0)
Rhyanna F.(0)-
Carl G.(0)-
Manning P.(0)-
Not Voting(5)- The Rodman, Kylan R., Professor Jacuzzi, Sanpei S., Rhyanna F.
There are 10 alive so it takes 6 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Sunday the 12th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Sanpei S. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rodman Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Lynch Ian S.

The Rodman
The Rodman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Sanpei S- Scum (leaning neutral)- Original scumread you for moving around your lynches and scumreads (calling Penelope a useful player to keep around then lynching her, shifting from Anita to Penelope). Gave good reasoning that put suspicion on Anita, but never stuck with a lynch on her. When I listed him as a possible scumread with Penelope (And I will explain it here, that their interactions felt weird to me. At the time of the read, I assumed Anita was more likely town and Sanpai was more likely scum, the way he had called out Anita and Penelope's switch to Anita before moving lynch off of her again seemed scummy. He was also still lynching Penelope at the time or Anita's plur at 5, so it could have been seen later as him being against her and not a scumteam, had Anita flipped town). This read was shot when Anita did flip scum, though, and Sanpai came to look a lot townier to me. The reason I keep the scumread on him was the seemingly over-reaction to me calling him a scumread, something he didn't do when I lynched him, but he did end up doing when I gave a loose scumread on him/Penelope and then lynched elsewhere. It made little sense for a townie to react that way. TL:DR- Scummy for reaction to being called scum but leaning more neutral for calling out Anita early on.

Horatio A- Neutral (Leaning scum)- Lynched Anita with very weak reasoning (basically copied PJ with his points, basically quoting all of Anita's posts and calling them filler without any additional reasoning). With his lynch on Sanpai, it feels a lot like he's again following my D1 reasoning for lynching Sanpai. He does point out Sanpai's strange reaction to being called scum, though, which is something that has also bugged me. Only gives 3 reads, and none of them are very in depth and a lot of it feels like repeats of reasoning other players have used. Lack of posts throughout both days so I can't really see him as stronger town. Keeping my lynch on him for this.

Professor Jacuzzi- Town- As I said, I thought either he or Anita would be either both town or 1 town 1 mafia. I read Anita as being more likely town due mostly to wifom reasons and since PJ had a pretty weak reason to originally jump on the Anita BW (that Horatio jumped on with the same weak reasoning the very next post, I suspected him and Horatio as moving plur to Anita). Since Anita did flip scum, my scumread on Horatio/PJ team is shot and PJ looks a lot more town to me. Also, looking back, his lynch would have only been the third with enough days left for discussion that it would have been of no consequence. It was the extra Horatio lynch that made it seem a lot scummier in my eyes.

The Rodman- Neutral (leaning town)- Original player jumped on the Anita wagon with no explanation. He was the third vote on her, so he wasn't exactly a pioneer on the scum wagon. Could be seen as a bus that could have been changed if someone else started to get more lynches, although this isn't likely especially since he was subbed out. New person has far better posts than the last, but not much content overall.

Part 2 coming next. Wanted to save this before I continued.
Ian S.
Ian S.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rodman Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Please do not base thoughts on anything I said before page 7 because that was someone else. I am a sub for that player.
The Rodman
The Rodman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Rhyanna F Town- First person to lynch on Anita and stuck with it throughout the entire D1. Very unlikely to be scum and posts have good content.

Carl G- Neutral (leaning town) Brings up several good points about Penelope that made me start to view her as closer to scum than to town like I had originally thought. And while I have been a bit lazy with posting D2 as well, his not coming back on before DL to make his lynch keeps him at neutral for me.

Manning P- Scumread- Seems way too eager to lynch me, tbh. Calls out inactive people and points out that we will never have clears in this game. While that is true, the likelihood of Kylan bussing so early on D1 is far less likely than you bussing. You put Anita back at L-1, after she had already reached it once and none of her votes showed signs of moving. Leads crusade against inactives and while he switches off of Kylan for good reasoning, doesn't even wait for Rodman to post before moving to me. Then asks Rodman to move another lynch on to me in an attempt to shift plur to me.

Part 3 coming after this cause I can't get colors to work anymore.
Ian S.
Ian S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:23 pm

ok im back, the dst stuff has happened so when is deadline? im a bit confused about that.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:27 pm

Ian S. wrote:Rhyanna F Town- First person to lynch on Anita and stuck with it throughout the entire D1. Very unlikely to be scum and posts have good content.

Carl G- Neutral (leaning town) Brings up several good points about Penelope that made me start to view her as closer to scum than to town like I had originally thought. And while I have been a bit lazy with posting D2 as well, his not coming back on before DL to make his lynch keeps him at neutral for me.

Manning P- Scumread- Seems way too eager to lynch me, tbh. Calls out inactive people and points out that we will never have clears in this game. While that is true, the likelihood of Kylan bussing so early on D1 is far less likely than you bussing. You put Anita back at L-1, after she had already reached it once and none of her votes showed signs of moving. Leads crusade against inactives and while he switches off of Kylan for good reasoning, doesn't even wait for Rodman to post before moving to me. Then asks Rodman to move another lynch on to me in an attempt to shift plur to me.

is... is that a blatant omgus i see there??? lmao
1. of course im eager to lynch you because youre my scumread. wanting to lynch your scumreads is a healthy sign of towniness. as scum i could just passively stand by as anyone who isnt me is lynched which would literally be the easiest fucking thing for me to do right now.
2. yes i can understand that lynching anita at the point that i did is not the most townie thing ever since it was unlikely to stop the lynch anyway but i could also have easily hopped on a counterwagon for anita to jump on and maybe try to avert her lynch since there were two lynches on jacuzzi.
3. i already explained why i pressured the inactives and why i stopped when i stopped and im not reexplaining for you.
4. again youre my scumread so of course i want to get you lynched. i dont see how this or anything else for that matter makes me scummy in the slightest.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:ok im back, the dst stuff has happened so when is deadline? im a bit confused about that.
deadline is in 5 and a half hours from now i think.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:29 pm

The Rodman wrote:Please do not base thoughts on anything I said before page 7 because that was someone else. I am a sub for that player.
your sub had virtually no "thoughts" other than a random lynch on scum actually.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:33 pm

alright thanks
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Manning P. wrote:
Ian S. wrote:Rhyanna F Town- First person to lynch on Anita and stuck with it throughout the entire D1. Very unlikely to be scum and posts have good content.

1. of course im eager to lynch you because youre my scumread. wanting to lynch your scumreads is a healthy sign of towniness. as scum i could just passively stand by as anyone who isnt me is lynched which would literally be the easiest fucking thing for me to do right now.
2. yes i can understand that lynching anita at the point that i did is not the most townie thing ever since it was unlikely to stop the lynch anyway but i could also have easily hopped on a counterwagon for anita to jump on and maybe try to avert her lynch since there were two lynches on jacuzzi.
3. i already explained why i pressured the inactives and why i stopped when i stopped and im not reexplaining for you.
4. again youre my scumread so of course i want to get you lynched. i dont see how this or anything else for that matter makes me scummy in the slightest.

Sure, I'm your scumread, and your only one. And when I flip town, where do you go from there? I wouldn't call this an omgus so much as covering all bases. If you were someone I veiwed as scummy enough, I would try to lynch you, but I don't see you as scummy enough to do so atm. I'm not going to just clear everyone else because I have one scumread that I'm going to tunnel on.
Ian S.
Ian S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:44 pm

there is only one scum left so its completely reasonable to only have one scumread
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:there is only one scum left so its completely reasonable to only have one scumread

I tend to disagree with this. Playstyle difference, maybe? If I am wrong on my one scumread, though, I like to make sure I have thought of every possible scum and my reasoning behind it so that remaining players have more to go off of than just one tunnel that becomes useless if my 1 scumread flips town.
Ian S.
Ian S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Ian S. wrote:
Manning P. wrote:

Sure, I'm your scumread, and your only one. And when I flip town, where do you go from there? I wouldn't call this an omgus so much as covering all bases. If you were someone I veiwed as scummy enough, I would try to lynch you, but I don't see you as scummy enough to do so atm. I'm not going to just clear everyone else because I have one scumread that I'm going to tunnel on.
i never cleared the whole rest of the pl and it would be hypocritical of me to clear anyone right now after pointing out nobody is ever clear in this mode. yes youre my only scum read from when i made my reads post but im obviously not going to run around like a headless chicken if you flip town because there are other leads and i know what the hell im doing. scumhunting is iterative but reassessing other people can wait another day since mafia cant kill yet anyway. of course i would do so if someone gave me at least one compelling reason to do so but that hasnt happened yet and my scum read on you hasnt lessened hence keeping you as my lynch for today.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:there is only one scum left so its completely reasonable to only have one scumread
personally i think the amount of scum reads versus the amount of scum remaining is irrelevant.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Manning P. wrote:
Ian S. wrote:
Manning P. wrote:

i never cleared the whole rest of the pl and it would be hypocritical of me to clear anyone right now after pointing out nobody is ever clear in this mode. yes youre my only scum read from when i made my reads post but im obviously not going to run around like a headless chicken if you flip town because there are other leads and i know what the hell im doing. scumhunting is iterative but reassessing other people can wait another day since mafia cant kill yet anyway. of course i would do so if someone gave me at least one compelling reason to do so but that hasnt happened yet and my scum read on you hasnt lessened hence keeping you as my lynch for today.

For me, reassessing other people another day is not an option, since I am one of two players with 2 lynches, a majority. It is in the best interest of my faction for me to make sure all possible scumreads I have are made known, for whatever reasons I may have them.

To me, it seems you lynched me because I was willing to keep Anita alive D1 and lynch someone else. I had my reasons for suspecting PJ more than her and I had my reasons for thinking Anita was more likely town, something I was wrong about. I don't see that as being a reason to find me scummy, though. It's easy for someone to make a guess as to who scum is and when they end up being right, they can pretend they were geniuses all along and pat themselves on the back and tell everyone how they knew it all along. For me, I am always prepared to be wrong and so I make sure my thoughts are always up to date and I don't pass anything up because there's always tomorrow. Waiting to entertain new ideas just because you're safe for the day and want to wait does not help us with where you are now, and I feel it would be beneficial to town to have more than one scumread now, before you have the opportunity to wait and see if you can pat yourself on the back for being right or be forced into a situation like me where you were so sure you knew who scum was that when you turned out to be wrong, you have to defend yourself.

Idk if that makes sense but it's what came to mind as I read your post.
Ian S.
Ian S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manning P. Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:23 pm

not gonna bother requoting the wall but if youre town then thatll be my own mistake. enough things happened today for me to get slightly different reads on some people (including new scum reads of course) which i will be happy to explain the next day as i said, and not today because you are my focus for now and if i update my reads now i might influence other peoples reads which i prefer them getting independently. (this is because i believe that whether its on purpose or not people do take inspiration from other peoples reads when posting their own and im trying to avoid this)

also i think our situations are different because in your case there is the chance that youre mafia with anita and you tried to shift off of her whereas that chance does not exist today with only one mafia remaining.
Manning P.
Manning P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Anita B. wrote:Also we should all follow Professor Jacuzzi, for he is named after the Jacuzzi Tree of AJland
Looking back, Anita starts buddying PJ here. Thinking PJ as more and more likely to be town as I see how premediated this stuff is

Sanpei S. wrote:Or we could not.

Lynch Professor Jacuzzi

All professors sleep with the protagonist's mother. People who sleep with other peoples' mothers are scum. Therefore, Professor Jacuzzi is scum.
Sanpei not following up on his promised RL from the start is weird, but not anything TOO notable.

Anita B. wrote:Hello folks! Now that we've started, I figure we can just do this properly, after the usual d1 Bs ofc.

So I'd like to see what everyone's thoughts on me lynching Horatio A or Penelope C?
I didn't realize this before, but these end up being Anita's two ""scumreads."" Looking at how much she buddied PJ, I think it's actually very likely that all three of these (PJ, Horatio, Penelope) were just randomly chosen to be the topic of Anita's focus that day and don't actually have any connection to her.

Sanpei S. wrote:You don't just ask us our thoughts on you lynching people.

You lynch them, and then see what we think. God.

Unlynch Professor Jacuzzi, Lynch Anita B.

Asking us to "approve" your lynch seems like a scummy thing to do, no? It's as though you're mafia asking town what to do so you can try to fit in better.
Sanpei is the first person to start pressuring Anita for legitimate reasoning, which is good.

Kylan R. wrote:Anyways Anita and Professor for early scum team.

Anita B. wrote:

Can confirm I'm Mafia with professor jacuzzi

Lynch Penelope C
Figured out why Anita claimed mafia out of the blue...
Don't know why she quoted a post irrelevant to that though.

Anita B. wrote:
The Rodman wrote:Did you claim mafia partners with Prof. Well I belive it.

Lynch Anita B

Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure your just bandwagoning because turbo.

I say we lynch Penelope C. today bc apparently she's superior to everyone else and I hate egotistical players
Anita trying to make Rodman seem scummier makes him look better imo

Sanpei S. wrote:Why would town ever ask why someone else fully reads them? lol
Sanpei S. wrote:Scum would try to defend themselves either way
Sanpei attempting to bait Anita makes him look better too.

Ian S. wrote:
Anita B. wrote:Because honestly, you seem really flippant between me / penelope c / The rodman

speaking of rodman

YO RODMAN could you please explain your actions, thanks!

The prod on Rodman seems a bit much, imo. Too focused on him. Also, I see only one action that Rodman has taken, BWing on an obvious joke claim. That isn't a good reason for a lynch, but it is a good enough action to draw reactions.

Sanpei S. wrote:You don't just ask us our thoughts on you lynching people.

You lynch them, and then see what we think. God.

Unlynch Professor Jacuzzi, Lynch Anita B.

Asking us to "approve" your lynch seems like a scummy thing to do, no? It's as though you're mafia asking town what to do so you can try to fit in better.

Agreed that asking us to approve your lynch before you make does seem a bit scummy, but it's not something too overly scummy. Passivity is just a bad strat in a mafia game. Using it as an excuse to put a lynch on you, I feel, is the more scummy action in this case.
Not sure what Ian is attempting to say in the first part, but the second part is VERY strange because I completely disagree with what he's saying there. Sanpei had some good reasoning for lynching Anita there, and it feels like Ian is just adding whatever he can to fluff up his reasoning for lynching Sanpei (which he does later in that post)

Professor Jacuzzi wrote:
read and lynch on anita
This looks better after I looked back at it, not sure why I felt that it was disingenuous but oh well

Horatio A. wrote:read and lynch on anita
while a lot of this parrots what pj said, he actually brings in a new point of anita constantly asking people to come back, which i believe pj didnt do. That makes him look better than I thought before.

Anita B. wrote:ughhh I wrote up something but now I got to rewrite it zzzz

Sorry I missed my original check in time at 11:00AMEST bc dental appointment, I only get internet at 11:00-12:00 AM EST and 5:00-6:00AM EST on week ends at home yadayadayada

You're right, I did all of this. My posts are decently filler and have less of a contributive purpose then I would've liked. The towniest thing I did was excessively ask The Rodman for an explanation and that's not pretty useful. Albeit, that's not a defence it's all I can give out, that's just how bad I've been.

Anyways, I'm just gonna give out a nice reads post, my internet runs out pretty quickly unfortunately.

I have a fair town read on Jacuzzi and Rhyanna, both have done a decent amount of scumhunting and useful topics.

Neutral on Rodman bc I want his reasoning first

Neutral on Horatio A. because even though he's done a few townie-ish things, his latest post seems more like he's echoing Jacuzzi, trying to jump on my scumread. Note: this goes the same for Penelope C.

Pretty large scumread on Penelope C. because of her just jumping on my bandwagon, as well as the topic of most of her postings seem more likely to be her trying to get town to forget about that one scummy thing she did, and she hasn't actually contributed much of her own opinion.

I'm pretty rushed, so I'll try to flesh this out and get my reads on the rest of the player list 11:00AMEST tomorrow.

Sorry about my inactivity today, it'll probably have to continue until I get back to school on Monday :/
I'm quoting this for the reads, and something that I just noticed, which I will be talking about a bit later.

Ian S. wrote:Unlynch Sanpai S.

Lynch Professor Jacuzzi

Something I forgot to do in the post above. Atm, I would prefer a lynch on him over Anita. I do not feel both are scum together, but he is the more likely scum out of the two of them.
The reasoning for this was that pj was trying to shift lynches off of him... when there was only one lynch on him? This feels a bit weak and maybe even fake.

Anita B. wrote:

Alright so reads post time:

Ian S. wrote:
Anita B. wrote:Pretty large scumread on Penelope C. because of her just jumping on my bandwagon, as well as the topic of most of her postings seem more likely to be her trying to get town to forget about that one scummy thing she did, and she hasn't actually contributed much of her own opinion.

What did she do that was overly scummy to you? Because to me, she seems pretty townie.

Here's the basis for my scumread on Penelope C.: Looking over her posts, the only post that I've seen contribute to actual scumhunting is the one where she posted exactly why she read me. Her Lynch on Professor Jacuzzi feels very bandwagon-y to me, and although she gave reasoning for it originally, it was super meh and simply looked like she was trying to turbo it. And while she later back-pedalled on that and called it "shaky" herself,  it doesn't feel like she's trying to pressure him, more like she's bandwagoning on other people's lynches.

Although this: "(TL;DR on the middle paragraph: "Third is always scum" is something that just gets on my nerves and my bringing that into this seems to have done more harm than good, but I can't exactly take it back now.)" seems townie, it actually kind of just redirects from the middle paragraph, where she defends tf out of Rodman

Finally, we get to her reads on post on why I'm scum, in which she unlynches bc she wants my defense yadayadayada. Again, it seem like the situation with Jacuzzi, where she comes back from watching town and jumps on a wagon, but hides it behind "reasoning" most of which was already stated.

I have a town read on Carl G, Rhyanna F., Professor Jacuzzi and Ian S.. Carl G I've had a town read on this entire game, and that's the exact reason I didn't ask him to "come back" like Jacuzzi and Horatio got triggered by. His first post gives him a townish presence, whilst his secondary post is just overall useful towards reads and their reasoning imo. Rhyanna F. has been constantly scumhunting, trying to incite discussion and overall helping town on their way. Jacuzzi whilst he's active has been useful, and created the first "good" post explaining why I'm scum. Ian S. has just been overall helpful this entire game after learning it existed, which is good.

I'm neutral on Sanpei S., because yes he's been jumping and helping discussion, he's very flippant with his lynches and Imo it seems like he doesn't care who dies. I could just be bad though

Rodman is neutral bc I got nothing on him. Manning is also neutral bc he comes back, but doesn't do too much with his comeback post, simply stating reads but not much reasoning for it. However, he doesn't hammer me, which as scum, would've been the easiest thing to do. (Following that logic, I feel like scum has to be someone inactive or already on my lynch)

Horatio A. is p scummy because it feels more like he's just spitting back out reasoning others have used and hasn't done anything much else otherwise. However, I may have missed something.

Re: Ian S.

I've stated why I feel both Horatio and Penelope are scummy, however what you're saying is true I guess. I still believe Jacuzzi is town, but it's more 60-40 instead of the stronger feeling I had yesterday.

If anyone else has any questions for me, just ask them and I'll try to get back to them by 5:00PM EST, if I miss it, I'm trash, sorry.
She adds both Ian and Carl to the towngroup, although the only thing Ian did was make a post defending her and Carl didn't actually post in between this one and her last one. I actually thought she only added Ian to the town pile before, but turns out she did the same for Carl, so the point I was going to make is weakened by that.

Ian S. wrote:
Speaking of Horatio and Jacuzzi, I see that both have been online since I made my post with scumreads on them. I would like to see what they have to say about it and provide better reasoning to why they want to lynch Anita, because right now, I don't see enough of a reason to lynch her, and she has plur. I continues to see Jacuzzi and Horatio as two players who are by far better lynch candidates. At least, for D1, anyway.

by Ian S. Today at 3:15 am
Jacuzzi: Last visit : Today at 10:29 am
Horatio: Last visit : Today at 3:59 am

Possible scumteams: Horatio/Jacuzzi, Penelope/Sanpai.

Jacuzzi and Anita are most likely either both town or 1 town 1 maf. I do not see them as a scumteam.
I don't think he even explains why either of these two pairs are grouped together, which is kind of weird. He also attempts to shift lynches off Anita again.

Manning P. wrote:
disagree. i would keep track of lynches when my lynch target might be at or close to l-1 so i dont accidentally hammer them when i dont want to.
Manning saying that the keeping track of lynches being just a playstyle thing is really just unnecessary if he's scum.

Manning P. wrote:the rodman, horatio, penelope and jacuzzi were all pretty quick to jump on anita.
in the rodmans case he posted nothing else apart from the random bandwagon on her, and that penelope and jacuzzi used the same post as the basis for their read on her.
while sanpei lynched her and then unlynched he provided original reasoning when he did lynch her which i value more over the lengthy posts the others made with partly reused arguments.
on the other hand having looked at her defense its basically just wifom plus another few reads... which is not to my liking and hence i want to keep the pressure.
i shall lynch anita and put her at l-1.
As brought up by Penelope, lynching Anita after she's put forth a defense is fairly townie. The only reason scum would lynch her here is if they felt that there was no way that they could shift lynches off Anita / if they were playing extremely safe.

Sanpei S. wrote:Wow so Anita is at L-1. Glad I didn't relynch without reading back through...jeez. I dislike Rhyanna not fully reading wallposts, it's just an excuse to be lazy and noncontributive, or at the very least she's misreading people due to missing content.
Carl G. wrote:
Get used to them cause I'm not separating to just buff up my post count when I can just wall post and get the same detail across to you guys, rather than my scattered thoughts. Please read them though considering like 99% of the time a wall post will have something good in them, versus the nonsense that we can get in the regular paragraph posts. (I'm not awful I guess in terms of quoting hundreds of wall posts but generally they give good analysis.)
Manning P. wrote:most of them are and theyre worth reading and rereading.

All three of these are townie reactions to my statement of not reading wallposts (frustration and/or asking me to just read them)

Manning P. wrote:if you are refusing to vote kylan because he probably needs a sub then why vote the rodman when he is in the exact same situation?
Townie post. No need for Manning to bring this up if he's scum except to try and get a lynch on pj (who is the person he's talking to here)

Sanpei S. wrote:
Rhyanna F. wrote:by the way if anyone is clearing me for rling anita they should be clearing rodman too
the only difference is that I was here to change my lynch after I rled and rodman (probably?) wasn't.

When did anyone ever say we were clearing you?
the misunderstanding (apparently), which makes Sanpei look worse

Sanpei S. wrote:Honestly? I keep feeling like wanting to lynch PJ (especially what's-his-face's ISO) is just confirmation bias at it's finest. You expect him to be scum, therefore you find things that are scummy.
already went over why this is very anti-town reasoning

Penelope C. wrote:
Ian S.-Scumread.

Manning makes good points against them, and the post where they switch from Sanpei to Jacuzzi does read like a “Hey guys, I know Anita’s scummy but this other person’s totally a better lynch.” The effect’s strengthened in my opinion by Ian not going as in depth with hid read on Jacuzzi the way he did with Sanpei.
Manning P.-Townread.

I said I was going to wait on reading Manning until I saw Anita’s defense and Manning’s response to it. Seeing as his response was to put her at L-1, I doubt the two are partners.
I very much agree with both of these statements

Ian S. wrote:

I tend to disagree with this. Playstyle difference, maybe? If I am wrong on my one scumread, though, I like to make sure I have thought of every possible scum and my reasoning behind it so that remaining players have more to go off of than just one tunnel that becomes useless if my 1 scumread flips town.
Manning P. wrote:
personally i think the amount of scum reads versus the amount of scum remaining is irrelevant.
I suppose it's either a playstyle difference or irrelevant.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:41 pm

I hope I never have to do that again
Ultimately from town->scum I have it as
Manning -> Carl -> Rodman -> PJ -> Horatio -> Sanpei -> Penelope -> Kylan -> Ian

Lynch Ian S.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:43 pm

I'd also like to hear what reasons Ian had for thinking Anita was town. If i'm remembering correctly, he never actually brought those up and instead opted to say "I think x is a better lynch than Anita."
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:44 pm

While I don't necessarily agree with Ian being scum, I am oh so tempted to lynch him until plurality moves off of me otherwise.

I ACTUALLY more so scumread Horatio, because his lynch on me was out of left field, but I'd prefer to last longer on a mislynch on Ian and die on a futile attempt to get Horatio lynched.
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanpei S. Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Sorry - I'm out to dinner and may not have time to post again, so I'm kind of desperate.

Lynch Ian S.

Because while I more scumread Horatio, Ian is getting up there, and I would really rather not die.
Sanpei S.
Sanpei S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Sanpei its 3 lynches ian to two lynches you, lynch horatio if you think he's scum
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhyanna F. Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:57 pm

also what specifically makes you scumread horatio? his lynch reasoning on you seemed fine to me, not sure what you disliked about it.
Rhyanna F.
Rhyanna F.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next