PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 23: Near-Vanilla

+13
Clarissa W.
Pierre T.
Woodward K.
Ramone R.
Yosaku D.
Luana V.
Mariss A.
Uncle Milton
Leeku O.
Austin M.
Case C.
Umberto I.
ajhockeystar
17 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Game 23: Near-Vanilla - Page 16 Empty Re: Game 23: Near-Vanilla

Post by Umberto I. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:09 am

Uncle Milton wrote:I'm sorry about not being on, I've just been extremely busy with family stuff the past few days, anyway
I'm glad to see Marissa is finally here, though a bit suspicious she's just showing up again I'll cut her some slack because she's at least contributing, and I myself havent been on lately either (but you know, life)
As for the Foreman I'd like to here him say stuff before we lynch.
Right now I'd say in order of scummiest
Ramone>Marissa/Me>Foreman
And I wont hammer just yet, I want permission from case yosaku or Umberto before hammer

We know Ramone is scum from this whole bout. You have my permission, at least.
Umberto I.
Umberto I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Milton Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:12 am

Ok, here it goes
Lynch Ramone.
Uncle Milton
Uncle Milton

Back to top Go down

Post by Umberto I. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:13 am

So that's hammer? Me Case Yosaku and Ramone?
Umberto I.
Umberto I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosaku D. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

correct, good luck in the future days town!
Yosaku D.
Yosaku D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Umberto I. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:17 am

/me high fives so hard
Umberto I.
Umberto I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Case C. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:20 am

Zzz my town was ass, I got lazy. That was not fun at all, there was god awful activity.
Case C.
Case C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosaku D. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:22 am

o we lost rip
Yosaku D.
Yosaku D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Milton Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:22 am

;-;
Uncle Milton
Uncle Milton

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosaku D. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:23 am

last scum were marissa and foreman? damn lol
Yosaku D.
Yosaku D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosaku D. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:27 am

I suppose i wasnt wrong about inactives being scum, i just hit the wrong one
Yosaku D.
Yosaku D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Umberto I. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:28 am

Well I mean you totally missed me Yosaku so let's not even try to say you had it Razz
Umberto I.
Umberto I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosaku D. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:32 am

i had u interchanged with milton tho
Yosaku D.
Yosaku D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Umberto I. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:57 am

Sure you did
Umberto I.
Umberto I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yosaku D. Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:02 am

i did smh
Yosaku D.
Yosaku D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin M. Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:00 am

So is it over now? Can i finally post my rant???
Austin M.
Austin M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Milton Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:27 am

Yes Austin
Uncle Milton
Uncle Milton

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin M. Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:11 am

I knew this game was lost at day 2's lynch lol.

It was quite interesting watching the game from the sides coz it told me many things. Yosaku and umberto, despite being active, made many slips that were even more obvious when i knew who the mafia were. But when i didnt, i did suspect yosaku day 1 and coming on to day 2 (which i then tried to guess the mafia and got them except for umberto so gj) which showed that yosaku could have cracked if pressured. However what mafia did extremely well was keep a message resonant which is: "scum tend to lurk and not help town" which is not true at all but the rest of town were too worried to lose an active guy. However it is frustrating because town didnt even try and pressure any of the actives...not even me. Ultimately this is what led to town's demise. What really annoyed me was the marissa + foreman thing because it should have been fairly obvious that it was one of the two because of how they echod each other. Marissa tried to make an effort but 3 (or 4?) Different people failed to make an effort for the foreman. Even yosaku said that "people should still have a bit of time in their day to post something". That was an extremely missed opportunity but it was because yosaku and umberto at a point in the game where they were so dominant so they literally controlled who got lynched. One of the biggest indicators tho was that i got killed n1 despite there being a JK and a doc which is an extremely big risk. However when the town doc was killed the mafia seemingly didnt target umberto or yosaku, the active ones, despite being a safer and more effective choice than the n1 kill on me. They showed that they are willing to take risks so not killing yosaku or umberto should have been something that allowed you guys to pressure them and maybe bring up other stuff about them. I could probs go on about the mistakes made by town but the post is already too long lol.

I am pretty sure if yosaku is reading this that he wants to know why i suspected him. It was because of your townie play. It was too forced. Honestly nowadays, no one but mafia plays in that kind of style where pretty much all they do day 1 is be nice to everyone and ask them nicely to talk because it tells mafia that "hey i want town to win and i am gonna try hard to rek you" despite not doing any actual scumhunting. In a game with no nightkills, this is a totally fine strategy to use but this game had nightkills so you just put yourself in a place where you just risked your death without accomplishing much. Did the inactives talk after you tried to encourage them? No. Did you need to make a post between every other just to say that you wanted to hear from so and so? No. But why did you do it? To make myself look townie. But did it actually accomplish anything? Lol no. In contrast, although i seemed blatantly townie, it was only because i tried to put forward good points which everyone agreed was good. Notice how i didnt even post that much tho, maybe once or twice a day. Although this isnt enough to say you were scum, this is enough to give me a good excuse to pressure you as much as i can and maybe gather a case against you. Unfortunately i died tho so i could never reach that stage.

Speaking of which, how on earth did you predict that doc and JK werent gonna go on me? Although i critised town a lot, i still have to say that mafia did play very well, especially umberto since the way he played didnt really make me think he was scum until i was told by AJ so kudos to him.
Austin M.
Austin M.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:15 am

Votecount 4.3

Ramone R.(4)- Case C., Umberto I., Yosaku D., Uncle Milton HAMMER!
Mariss A.(0)-
The Foreman(0)-
Uncle Milton(0)-
Case C.(0)-
Umberto I.(0)-
Yosaku D.(0)-
Not Voting(3)- The Foreman, Mariss A., Ramone R.
There are 7 alive so it takes 4 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 11th at 9pm EST. The town is currently in LYLO.

Ramone R. was lynched.

He was the...:

This means...:

And...:

Gonna post my thoughts with the points distribution and MVP stuff probably.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leeku O. Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:18 am

;-;
Leeku O.
Leeku O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Umberto I. Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:44 am

Austin M. wrote:I knew this game was lost at day 2's lynch lol.

It was quite interesting watching the game from the sides coz it told me many things. Yosaku and umberto, despite being active, made many slips that were even more obvious when i knew who the mafia were. But when i didnt, i did suspect yosaku day 1 and coming on to day 2 (which i then tried to guess the mafia and got them except for umberto so gj) which showed that yosaku could have cracked if pressured. However what mafia did extremely well was keep a message resonant which is: "scum tend to lurk and not help town" which is not true at all but the rest of town were too worried to lose an active guy. However it is frustrating because town didnt even try and pressure any of the actives...not even me. Ultimately this is what led to town's demise. What really annoyed me was the marissa + foreman thing because it should have been fairly obvious that it was one of the two because of how they echod each other. Marissa tried to make an effort but 3 (or 4?) Different people failed to make an effort for the foreman. Even yosaku said that "people should still have a bit of time in their day to post something". That was an extremely missed opportunity but it was because yosaku and umberto at a point in the game where they were so dominant so they literally controlled who got lynched. One of the biggest indicators tho was that i got killed n1 despite there being a JK and a doc which is an extremely big risk. However when the town doc was killed the mafia seemingly didnt target umberto or yosaku, the active ones, despite being a safer and more effective choice than the n1 kill on me. They showed that they are willing to take risks so not killing yosaku or umberto should have been something that allowed you guys to pressure them and maybe bring up other stuff about them. I could probs go on about the mistakes made by town but the post is already too long lol.

I am pretty sure if yosaku is reading this that he wants to know why i suspected him. It was because of your townie play. It was too forced. Honestly nowadays, no one but mafia plays in that kind of style where pretty much all they do day 1 is be nice to everyone and ask them nicely to talk because it tells mafia that "hey i want town to win and i am gonna try hard to rek you" despite not doing any actual scumhunting. In a game with no nightkills, this is a totally fine strategy to use but this game had nightkills so you just put yourself in a place where you just risked your death without accomplishing much. Did the inactives talk after you tried to encourage them? No. Did you need to make a post between every other just to say that you wanted to hear from so and so? No. But why did you do it? To make myself look townie. But did it actually accomplish anything? Lol no. In contrast, although i seemed blatantly townie, it was only because i tried to put forward good points which everyone agreed was good. Notice how i didnt even post that much tho, maybe once or twice a day. Although this isnt enough to say you were scum, this is enough to give me a good excuse to pressure you as much as i can and maybe gather a case against you. Unfortunately i died tho so i could never reach that stage.

Speaking of which, how on earth did you predict that doc and JK werent gonna go on me? Although i critised town a lot, i still have to say that mafia did play very well, especially umberto since the way he played didnt really make me think he was scum until i was told by AJ so kudos to him.

I much appreciate the kudos, it means a lot since you hated me after what I did to us in Hydra. I agree entirely, the game was pretty shit due to inactive Town, but at least we're not as inactive as 24.

As far as kills go, we would've used WIFOM for that - JK is more likely to save a townread than block a scumread, which is why you died (Yosaku saved?) and then doc died (Clarissa was middle of the back, a harder lynch, not a likely save) and then the Pierre kill went by the same middle of the pack theory - too townie to be picked by JK to block (thus saving him) too scummy to be picked by JK to protect (thus blocking him).

All in all, Austin, I was actually impressed by your play, which is why you had to go.
Umberto I.
Umberto I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Umberto I. Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:46 am

Middle of the pack*
Umberto I.
Umberto I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin M. Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:49 am

JK actually blocked a scumread lol, he blocked mariss day 1. I guess he took a gamble which i kinda disagree with seeing as it was only day 1. Also, why did you just tell me who you were? XD
Austin M.
Austin M.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:17 pm

Oh yeah, here are the night actions:
N1:
Pierre- JK Mariss
Clarissa- Doc Umberto
Foreman- kill Austin

N2:
Pierre- JK Foreman
Clarissa- Doc Case
Umberto- Kill Clarissa

N3:
Umberto- kill Pierre
Pierre- JK Milton
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Milton Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:35 pm

I've definitely learned alot from this game, I know I didnt do very well, and tbh I wanted to pressure the actives but I didn't feel like I could pressure well enough and it would result in me getting lynched, I dnt against my gut so much this game it was terrible but this was my first anon game in literally years so I guess this was all a good learning experience, with that said I am definitely excited for future anon games and will for sure try my best to get in them Very Happy
Uncle Milton
Uncle Milton

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre T. Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:50 pm

so who is who
Pierre T.
Pierre T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content