Current date/time is Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:13 pm
Search found 26 matches for Lindsay L.
Ian and Nanny I’m not especially interested in right now because they’re total shots in the dark. What do you think of Kain?
@Frank provide the reasons then. Right now I can’t follow your logic on most of what you’re saying.
Kain’s actually more of a lurker than most of the “lurkers” in the game, there’s a lot of people who have logged in at one point or another and done nothing, although I feel more confident on Kain as opposed to trying to infer what’s going on there
It looks like we’re going towards the general route as far as inspects in case of a mislynch go and I don’t want to risk being the only one to give suggestions and in doing so guide the nightkill, so I’ll just say that it’s ultimately a cop inspection that just happens to be public and to keep that in mind
I think the vote count analysis will have some value still, especially if we get a scum lynch or depending on the inspect
My confidence in the Gail read is wavering to the point where I feel more confident in Kain flipping red. She's defended herself well from me soft-tunneling her. She did make an effort towards discussing things right after her Ricky post like she said, and although I think it would have been better to talk about her reads on people instead of just the setup the efforts there and I don't think choosing the setup>players to talk about is necessarily a bad thing in this scenario
I have about ten minutes before I go
Gail S. wrote:Ricky M. wrote:I feel like it isn't a motivation thing more like people probably forget about the game being busy with irl stuff until they are reminded about the game
All of your posts so far have been discussing about activity, maybe if you said something about the game then people will start reacting and discussion will come! Also, I honestly don't think this level of activity is too 'dead' for day 1.
Forget part of what I said about 2) I guess, memory's a broken machine
Gail S. wrote:Last post in this chain of posts:
1) I don't know what I explained my scumhunting process. That was a mistake because now players will change their playstyle ((. Well, hopefully the game situation forces them to reveal their true playstyle.
2) Oralie had the same reaction to Ricky as me i.e. "this level of activity is acceptable during Day 1" so I'm kinda confused why you think I have a bigger problem with Ricky than Oralie.
3) What I meant by my response to Ricky was that people should start discussions. Therefore, I went ahead to start one. I didn't have the thought of reacting to people in my mind at that point, but I did not hesitate to replies to anyone that commented on my post.
Is 1) referring to something in my last post or just in general? You're right about the game forcing people to reveal their true playstyle
@2) I took your post towards Ricky to mean that you didn't find this level of activity acceptable during Day 1. I didn't realize you intended it as a joke (as a sidenote I have a problem with this activity level but idk what to do about that at this point)
About to go back and look at your stuff on that page to see how it lines up with 3
Right now I'm still in the headspace of "Give Gail the chance to analyze vote counts later" but I'm worried that if I move to Kain and then go no one else is gonna show up and we'll just end up with the massive rvs vote spread we have right now
I can see how you're getting mediator vibes from Oralie. If she shows up and her response to being asked for reads isn't adequate (or if she doesn't give any and has some bs reason for it) I would reconsider and be open to voting her. If she doesn't show up at all she needs to seriously step it up for tomorrow. Do you think I'm giving her too much credit in my current read on her?
Gail S. wrote:As for the vote count analysis, what I usually do is look at the vote count at each end of day. Then I recognize patterns in the orders of vote, who decided to vote and not to vote, who added votes when it did not matter (i.e. adding a 3rd/4th vote on a person), how votes changed throughout the day. This is not possible day 1, nor do I think it will be effective during RVS.
It would be easier day 1 if people moved their votes around
That wasn't intended as a dig at you I'm just upsetti
If you had to vote right now (imo something to consider while I'm here to discuss the lynch still) who would it be?
Like I said above I'm open with unvoting Gail (and in fact I do want to give her the chance to do that vote count analysis she mentioned) but right now the only other person I feel comfortable lynching is Kain
I will be here for about an hour and then it's off I go. There's about a 50% chance that I will be online at the end of the day
It's fine if you don't want to make a day 1 readlist, but I do, so I'm going to do so since nothing's set in stone obviously and sharing thoughts you have helps other people to develop theirs
So with that said here's a list of players who I'm considering as having produced something analyzable, with the analysis following:
- Frank S.:
- I see Frank as making an effort to generate content and get others to do so, although I don't agree with the content he's putting forth. We both townread Orthinol early on and have both had that read waver. Other than that though, he scumreads me because he disagrees with my proposal that we suggest a pool of people for nightly inspections and townreads Keenan for reading the wiki. I don't consider either of these logically sound but I also don't think they're scum motivated. He also called Santo "oddly defensive" and then in his next post called Santo town, which was an odd thing to do.
- Gail S.:
- I talked about Gail on the last page and my thoughts have been pretty up to date so there's not a lot to add here. I am willing to move my vote off Gail with the understanding that she does that vote count analysis she claims to be good at in later days (maybe even today if she's feeling up to it but a lot of people haven't been using/moving their vote today). To clarify the problem I have with her, I feel like someone calling people out for not talking about the game would also keep an eye out for people who were talking about it and respond to everything they could to help the momentum, though she is now claiming she didn't initially see it.
- Kain R.:
- Kain has one significant post right now but I think it was a pretty bad post. Not gonna repeat myself [my thoughts on Kain are on page 3, but I do want to know what everyone thinks of it.
- Oralie O.:
- Like Gail said Oralie only explained but didn't react to my post and I wish she had. Despite that I like that she's making an effort to read people right now such as her searching for clarification on Frank's reads. When Oralie reads this though I want to know if she has any reads of her own though as her current mindset looks geared towards trying to develop some reads and I want to know what she has so far.
- Orthinol Q.:
- Orthinol had the early bit about the fact that he bothered to check in going for him, but that's a really weak point. He responded to my post which I appreciate as far as developing content goes, but other than that he doesn't have much.
- Santo C.:
- I like Santo's response to my post. I don't think it was "too defensive" like Frank said, it was a pretty justified response to being called out on something that minor (had to find something to comment on though so thanks bud) and I think scum would fixate on being called over that and get super paranoid. I'm starting to see the beginning of some scumhunting in his more recent posts.
Gail S. wrote:Santo C. wrote:Actuall Gall has like the most posts yet her last 5 have all been on topic unlike quite a few people
Lindsay how did you come up with that reasoning for lynching her?
I am confused too. Is it because I haven’t responded to her (Lindsey’s) post on you? Anyways, I think that the post doesn’t necessarily imply that Santo is sure that a town will be lynch. He might be thinking in the persoective of a town player, and what should be done when a town player is lynched.
One more thing before I go
I think this is a valid viewpoint to have and if Gail had responded earlier with this it would have probably been a Townie thing to do even
I need to figure out now if she’s just responding to it due to pressure for not answering before
Gail S. wrote:
I really do not understand your point here. You outright state that I did respond to other people, but only about the inspection proposal. That is still responding to people in the game, and starting a discussion. The only other main thing people were discussing at the time was Santo, so is this the discussion you were saying I did not respond to? It’s personally weird to me that you would call me out that I didn’t respond to anything, when I actually did and there are others who never dis. I also didn’t call out Ricky in a mean kind of way, I was just saying he should try to start a discussion rather than filler. Your post before me was... which post again? Anout Santo? I’m confused. Also please explain why you expected me to jump at the opportunity.
All in all Im a bit confused at your reasonings here.
Like I said in my last post your inspection proposal was the only thing you were commenting on. The problem is the fact that you called Ricky at all (regardless of it was mean or not) and told him he should say something about the game , which implies that you would be ready and willing to respond to things people said about the game. So why not respond to the post that specifically called for people to discuss things about the game?
There's a difference between only discussing the setup and discussing players to make reads, the former is significantly easier to fake
Santo C. wrote:Actuall Gall has like the most posts yet her last 5 have all been on topic unlike quite a few people
Lindsay how did you come up with that reasoning for lynching her?
This was not true at the time I posted
Not counting her confirm, Gail had 7 posts when I posted. The first four were just banter and then she told Ricky he should talk about the game so people react. Which leads to a few questions So why didn't Gail react to people who were talking about the game (I'm referring to my initial post about you, as mentioned above there's a difference between discussing setup and players)?
Also interested in if other people have an opinion on Kain
Expect a full readlist soon, here's what I'm thinking right now:
Townleans: Oralie, Santo
Weaker Townleans: Frank, Orthinol
Scumleans: Gail, Kain
You Disappoint Me [Null]: Everyone else currently
@Frank I disagree that discussing the inspects is inherently townsided, I consider it inherently neutral. Also don’t think Santo was overly defensive, that’s the kind of response I was expecting considering how hard I had to reach with that post to get to the point of having something to talk about.
On the inspection comment I meant that proposing a pool of like 3-5 people is better than any kind of vote system that names a single person. Gives a wider range and makes it harder for scum to nail down the inspect target. I think your proposal’s a good starting point but since it’s basically an inspect the town has some influence on we can still try to guide it some
I don’t think Keenan reading the wiki is indicative, that’s something you should be doing no matter what you are.
Anyway there’s two people I’d be down with voting right now: Gail and Kane
Kane’s Santo vote uses my reasoning about his “assumption” which was so shaky I didn’t even feel confident in backing it up with a vote. I’d get it if he just felt more confident but I think he’s trying to hard to force it and get me (and others) to sheep it by mentioning his copy-paste comment as filler. It’s literally one line of text in that post and if you have a problem with filler there are others who you should have more of a problem with
Gail has been fairly active (as far as the definition of “active” right now is concerned) but even though she’s calling out Ricky on not saying anything about the game she didn’t respond to anything people were saying about the game aside from a proposal about who to inspect. My post before her’s was a call for people to give any kind of opinion at all so it’s strange that she wouldn’t jump at that opportunity.
Feeling equally confident about both but since I don’t particularly want to lynch Ornithol today I will go with this for now
I will not be here at end of day but will be checking in regularly up to a point. Not sure what that point will be yet
Kain R. wrote:unvote vote :Santo C.
didn't really like that post cuz playing with the mentality of likely lynching town on d1 doesn't advance the wincon for town. also didn't like the part about the receiving copy paste from aj bit, reads as filler-y to me.
It looks like you’re on the same train of thought I mentioned about Santo but I didn’t feel strong enough about it to vote. I’m open to being persuaded if you’ve got a stronger case. What do you think of Santo’s response?
@Santo I got that vibe from your earlier post but I also wanted to find something to talk about (so thanks for that I guess).
@Gail any reads right now? Do you think Santo’s posts are significant?
I have my own thoughts on inspects but I want to save them for closer to EoD. As a sort of general note maybe we can propose a pool of a few people or something so we don’t just name one person and then they get killed and inspected on the same night
Tedesco T. wrote:Lindsay L. wrote:Santo ever the slightest bit more likely to be scum for the assumption today’s lynch will be town
What do you mean by this? Can you explain in dumb person language
The theory is that scum doesn’t begin a game assuming one of their own will be lynched
Santo’s comment on how to play this alludes to whoever is lynched using their inspect, implying an assumption they’ll be town
It’s a hard reach but the closest thing to anything worth talking about
Orthinol Q. wrote:Lindsay L. wrote:Santo ever the slightest bit more likely to be scum for the assumption today’s lynch will be town
I don't think so because he has no way of knowing who lynch will be yet, so he has no knowledge. If he had said this near deadline when there was a clear lynch candidate, I would be more inclined to agree with you though.
Do you think it’s indicative for him (or anyone else) that the thread’s been so calm or is it just mass lack of motivation?
Orthinol Q. wrote:Lindsay L. wrote:Frank S. wrote:Orthinol is town.
I can agree with this
Same here, why do you think I am town?
For me you’re a light tr for being the only one to really care about the game post-RVS and pre-massprod
On a related note why is so much of the game just people complaining/making memeposts
Any early tonereads or anything?