PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 35: Vengecop

+11
Nanny G.
Oralie O.
Ian P.
Tedesco T.
Frank S.
Lindsay L.
Gail S.
Santo C.
Kain R.
Orthinol Q.
ajhockeystar
15 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Game 35: Vengecop - Page 3 Empty Re: Game 35: Vengecop

Post by Lindsay L. Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:31 pm

Tedesco T. wrote:
Lindsay L. wrote:Santo ever the slightest bit more likely to be scum for the assumption today’s lynch will be town

Discuss

What do you mean by this? Can you explain in dumb person language
The theory is that scum doesn’t begin a game assuming one of their own will be lynched

Santo’s comment on how to play this alludes to whoever is lynched using their inspect, implying an assumption they’ll be town

It’s a hard reach but the closest thing to anything worth talking about
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthinol Q. Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 am

@linday L definitely just mass lack of motivation imo.

Orthinol Q.
Orthinol Q.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:04 am

Votecount 1.2

Gail S.(2)- Orthinol Q., Frank S.
Orthinol Q.(2)- Tedesco T., Oralie O.
Ricky M.(1)- Kain R.
Keenan M.(1)- Santo C.
Tedesco T.(1)- Nanny G.
Frank S.(1)- Lindsay L.
Jean A.(1)- Gail S.
Lindsay L.(1)- Keenan M.
Ian P.(0)-
Kain R.(0)-
Nanny G..(0)-
Oralie O.(0)-
Santo C.(0)-
Not Voting(3)- Ian P., Jean A., Ricky M.
There are 13 alive so it takes 7 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Wednesday the 27th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Gail S. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kain R. Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 am

unvote vote :Santo C.
didn't really like that post cuz playing with the mentality of likely lynching town on d1 doesn't advance the wincon for town. also didn't like the part about the receiving copy paste from aj bit, reads as filler-y to me.
Kain R.
Kain R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky M. Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:12 am

I feel like it isn't a motivation thing more like people probably forget about the game being busy with irl stuff until they are reminded about the game
Ricky M.
Ricky M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santo C. Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 am

Mayb cos the only thing that makes it different from nilla is the vengecop
Why would I bother to specify that if we lynch mafia nothing would happen that’s completely pointless I was talking about what kind of strategies could be used with the vengecop mechanic and how I thought there wasn’t really one y’all desperate for something to push with lol
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santo C. Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:39 am

Staying on Keenan because they aren’t even shoutingin their pfp they’re smiling and the all caps is annoying plus every1 is so quiet I have 0 reads on any1
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:41 am

Ricky M. wrote:I feel like it isn't a motivation thing more like people probably forget about the game being busy with irl stuff until they are reminded about the game

All of your posts so far have been discussing about activity, maybe if you said something about the game then people will start reacting and discussion will come! Also, I honestly don't think this level of activity is too 'dead' for day 1.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:48 am

Santo C. wrote:Mayb cos the only thing that makes it different from nilla is the vengecop
Why would I  bother to specify that if we lynch mafia nothing would happen that’s completely pointless I was talking about what kind of strategies could be used with the vengecop mechanic and how I thought there wasn’t really one y’all desperate for something to push with lol

Well, maybe there isn't a strategy but it wouldn't be too bad to discuss the possibilities that can happen. What I propose for inspection is that we do not focus on the people that are contributing the most to the discussion. This is because a) if they turn out to be town, mafia will just nightkill them and we will be in a bad position, b) they are likely to be killed anyways during nights where the inspect flips mafia (mafia don't have anyone "clear" to kill). Instead, inspection should be used for those that are inactive or have unclear posts because should they flip town, then it's not the worst loss to town. It will also help us understand their posts better, should they somehow stay alive.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santo C. Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:46 am

Hmm yeah that is probably best at least for the first few days
Inspect isn’t public until after Night ends btw
Santo C.
Santo C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:12 pm

Santo C. wrote:Hmm yeah that is probably best at least for the first few days

That is my bad. Although you wouldn't want inspects being wasted on people more likely to die at night anyways, so inspecting the likely to dies aren't very beneficial.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Kain R. wrote:unvote vote :Santo C.
didn't really like that post cuz playing with the mentality of likely lynching town on d1 doesn't advance the wincon for town.  also didn't like the part about the receiving copy paste from aj bit, reads as filler-y to me.
It looks like you’re on the same train of thought I mentioned about Santo but I didn’t feel strong enough about it to vote. I’m open to being persuaded if you’ve got a stronger case. What do you think of Santo’s response?

@Santo I got that vibe from your earlier post but I also wanted to find something to talk about (so thanks for that I guess).

@Gail any reads right now? Do you think Santo’s posts are significant?

I have my own thoughts on inspects but I want to save them for closer to EoD. As a sort of general note maybe we can propose a pool of a few people or something so we don’t just name one person and then they get killed and inspected on the same night
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:21 pm

I’m leaving now but I have someone I might feel good about lynching today

Possible townpoints for whoever figures it out, I’m gonna meditate on this while I’m gone
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oralie O. Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Ricky M. wrote:This shit already dead af lmao

I mean, it's day 1 so it's not too surprising? I'm sure it'll pick up eventually.

Tedesco T. wrote:
Lindsay L. wrote:Santo ever the slightest bit more likely to be scum for the assumption today’s lynch will be town

Discuss

What do you mean by this? Can you explain in dumb person language

I think they're saying that since Santo assumed today's lynch will be town(WITHOUT knowing who is even going to be lynched, Tobasco dude thinks that Santo might have scumslipped? I'm not 100% sure but that's what I got from it.

(Side note, apparently ctrl+b gives you bold.)
Oralie O.
Oralie O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oralie O. Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Shit sorry Tobasco dude, meant to say Lindsay thought Santo was scum*
Oralie O.
Oralie O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:49 pm

Orthinol Q. wrote:
Frank S. wrote:Orthinol is town.

What is your reasoning behind townreading me so early?
I'll reveal it if it's relevant, mentioning it would potentially change your behavior and other people's behavior which I don't want to happen

Keenan M. wrote:IM GOING TO TALK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE MY AVI IS YELLING THIS SHIT. WHAT AN EXCITED ASSHOLE

VOTE LINDSAY L.
this shtick has been done already, don't repeat it.
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oralie O. Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:12 pm

I'm prefacing this post with the fact that I'm an idiot, and due to the lack of a "change page" button the bottom of the screen I totally missed the third page when replying earlier and was disappointed in just how dead the game was. Moving on...

Gail S. wrote:
Santo C. wrote:Mayb cos the only thing that makes it different from nilla is the vengecop
Why would I  bother to specify that if we lynch mafia nothing would happen that’s completely pointless I was talking about what kind of strategies could be used with the vengecop mechanic and how I thought there wasn’t really one y’all desperate for something to push with lol

Well, maybe there isn't a strategy but it wouldn't be too bad to discuss the possibilities that can happen. What I propose for inspection is that we do not focus on the people that are contributing the most to the discussion. This is because a) if they turn out to be town, mafia will just nightkill them and we will be in a bad position, b) they are likely to be killed anyways during nights where the inspect flips mafia (mafia don't have anyone "clear" to kill). Instead, inspection should be used for those that are inactive or have unclear posts because should they flip town, then it's not the worst loss to town. It will also help us understand their posts better, should they somehow stay alive.

Gail S. wrote:

That is my bad. Although you wouldn't want inspects being wasted on people more likely to die at night anyways, so inspecting the likely to dies aren't very beneficial.

I really see your point in "let them clear an inactive townie, less harmful to town mafia kill yay," but at the same time, it's not giving much new info? Like, I'm borderline confused as to how I feel about this strat, because you could catch a lucky inspect and get an inactive mafia, but you could also just pick off random cleared inactive townies that doesn't progress the game much? (Tbh I quoted your post to express my love for this idea until I thought a bit more thoroughly about it) If anyone else has any input into this I'm all ears, cause this is really hurting my brain right now. Going to let this bop around in my head for a bit.
Oralie O.
Oralie O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Orthinol Q. wrote:

Discuss

I don't think so because he has no way of knowing who lynch will be yet, so he has no knowledge. If he had said this near deadline when there was a clear lynch candidate, I would be more inclined to agree with you though.
I have the contrary opinion to this. This is only something said at deadline if the idea hasn't been brought up before, and mentioning anything relevant to how we should carry out our inspects when we haven't talked about it before is inherently townsided.

oddly defensive?

Lindsay L. wrote:
I have my own thoughts on inspects but I want to save them for closer to EoD. As a sort of general note maybe we can propose a pool of a few people or something so we don’t just name one person and then they get killed and inspected on the same night
I think proposing an actual pool is bad because we automatically decrease the chances that the inspect survives the night. A general criteria is better.
Inspecting literally anyone aside from the closest to universally townread people is a good idea because it means that either a) the inspect survives or b) the townread person - who will probably be a nightkill otherwise - survives.

scumleaning lindsay
hot take townreading keenan, surprisingly

i'm townleaning due to his clarification wrt the inspect mechanics - it indicates he closely read the wiki which is a more townsided action than not (not to say that gail is scum for not knowing how the inspect worked, I didn't realize it was revealed on the next day either).

orthinol read is wavering a tiny bit but not enough for me to change my opinion.
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank S. Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:35 pm

woops, townleaning santo.
Frank S.
Frank S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oralie O. Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:37 pm

Frank S. wrote:
Orthinol Q. wrote:

Discuss

I don't think so because he has no way of knowing who lynch will be yet, so he has no knowledge. If he had said this near deadline when there was a clear lynch candidate, I would be more inclined to agree with you though.
I have the contrary opinion to this. This is only something said at deadline if the idea hasn't been brought up before, and mentioning anything relevant to how we should carry out our inspects when we haven't talked about it before is inherently townsided.

I'm slightly confused as to which side you're taking here, Frank. You think that preparing for a town lynch and deciding what to possibly do/discuss even in the slightest what should happen could be town, meaning you think Santo is townier than Lyndsay does?

Also I don't feel like going back to requote but yeah making a more specific pool (suggesting the inactiver people is already a type of pool, no?) really does make it easier for mafia to snipe the inspect, so hard agreeing with you there. Still trying to put my thoughts into words as to what I was trying to convey earlier before I totally blanked.
Oralie O.
Oralie O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oralie O. Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:38 pm

Frank S. wrote:woops, townleaning santo.

gg my question is answered (insert thumbs up here)
Oralie O.
Oralie O.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay L. Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:41 am

@Oralie I was bringing that up as a theory yeah. What are your thoughts on it?

@Frank I disagree that discussing the inspects is inherently townsided, I consider it inherently neutral. Also don’t think Santo was overly defensive, that’s the kind of response I was expecting considering how hard I had to reach with that post to get to the point of having something to talk about.

On the inspection comment I meant that proposing a pool of like 3-5 people is better than any kind of vote system that names a single person. Gives a wider range and makes it harder for scum to nail down the inspect target. I think your proposal’s a good starting point but since it’s basically an inspect the town has some influence on we can still try to guide it some

I don’t think Keenan reading the wiki is indicative, that’s something you should be doing no matter what you are.

Anyway there’s two people I’d be down with voting right now: Gail and Kane

Kane’s Santo vote uses my reasoning about his “assumption” which was so shaky I didn’t even feel confident in backing it up with a vote. I’d get it if he just felt more confident but I think he’s trying to hard to force it and get me (and others) to sheep it by mentioning his copy-paste comment as filler. It’s literally one line of text in that post and if you have a problem with filler there are others who you should have more of a problem with

Gail has been fairly active (as far as the definition of “active” right now is concerned) but even though she’s calling out Ricky on not saying anything about the game she didn’t respond to anything people were saying about the game aside from a proposal about who to inspect. My post before her’s was a call for people to give any kind of opinion at all so it’s strange that she wouldn’t jump at that opportunity.

Unvote Frank

Vote Gail

Feeling equally confident about both but since I don’t particularly want to lynch Ornithol today I will go with this for now

I will not be here at end of day but will be checking in regularly up to a point. Not sure what that point will be yet
Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:03 am

Oralie O. wrote:I'm prefacing this post with the fact that I'm an idiot, and due to the lack of a "change page" button the bottom of the screen I totally missed the third page when replying earlier and was disappointed in just how dead the game was. Moving on...

Gail S. wrote:

Gail S. wrote:

I really see your point in "let them clear an inactive townie, less harmful to town mafia kill yay," but at the same time, it's not giving much new info? Like, I'm borderline confused as to how I feel about this strat, because you could catch a lucky inspect and get an inactive mafia, but you could also just pick off random cleared inactive townies that doesn't progress the game much? (Tbh I quoted your post to express my love for this idea until I thought a bit more thoroughly about it) If anyone else has any input into this I'm all ears, cause this is really hurting my brain right now. Going to let this bop around in my head for a bit.

It might give us a better understanding of their posts. Inactives may not post too often, which might make us misinterpret their reads. It would also be nice to know that they are clear so we dont need to have the debate whether lynching an inactive is worth it. If there is someone townie staying alive for a while, then we can consider.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:16 am

Lindsay L. wrote:@Oralie I was bringing that up as a theory yeah. What are your thoughts on it?

@Frank I disagree that discussing the inspects is inherently townsided, I consider it inherently neutral. Also don’t think Santo was overly defensive, that’s the kind of response I was expecting considering how hard I had to reach with that post to get to the point of having something to talk about.

On the inspection comment I meant that proposing a pool of like 3-5 people is better than any kind of vote system that names a single person. Gives a wider range and makes it harder for scum to nail down the inspect target. I think your proposal’s a good starting point but since it’s basically an inspect the town has some influence on we can still try to guide it some

I don’t think Keenan reading the wiki is indicative, that’s something you should be doing no matter what you are.

Anyway there’s two people I’d be down with voting right now: Gail and Kane

Kane’s Santo vote uses my reasoning about his “assumption” which was so shaky I didn’t even feel confident in backing it up with a vote. I’d get it if he just felt more confident but I think he’s trying to hard to force it and get me (and others) to sheep it by mentioning his copy-paste comment as filler. It’s literally one line of text in that post and if you have a problem with filler there are others who you should have more of a problem with

Gail has been fairly active (as far as the definition of “active” right now is concerned) but even though she’s calling out Ricky on not saying anything about the game she didn’t respond to anything people were saying about the game aside from a proposal about who to inspect. My post before her’s was a call for people to give any kind of opinion at all so it’s strange that she wouldn’t jump at that opportunity.

Unvote Frank

Vote Gail

Feeling equally confident about both but since I don’t particularly want to lynch Ornithol today I will go with this for now

I will not be here at end of day but will be checking in regularly up to a point. Not sure what that point will be yet

I really do not understand your point here. You outright state that I did respond to other people, but only about the inspection proposal. That is still responding to people in the game, and starting a discussion. The only other main thing people were discussing at the time was Santo, so is this the discussion you were saying I did not respond to? It’s personally weird to me that you would call me out that I didn’t respond to anything, when I actually did and there are others who never dis. I also didn’t call out Ricky in a mean kind of way, I was just saying he should try to start a discussion rather than filler. Your post before me was... which post again? Anout Santo? I’m confused. Also please explain why you expected me to jump at the opportunity.

All in all Im a bit confused at your reasonings here.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail S. Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:21 am

I am not a particular fan of Day 1 readlist and my best scumhunting method is vote count analysis (which is good in later days), but I will attempt one today with the information we have.
Gail S.
Gail S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next