Game 34: Purgatory

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Pit B. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:25 am

Alright, something happened with my hides. Pinging AJ to give me permissions to Edit, or fix it himself.
avatar
Pit B.

Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Pit B. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 am

Bart S.:
Spoiler:

Bart S. wrote:
Evian W. wrote:Secondly, I'm surprised that you have the need to ask that. Not that I didn't see it coming (huh, the irony..), but well it's these two posts:
Bart S. wrote:How did you get these reads after maj of people have only confirmed. Can you elaborate on your town/scum locks.

Kaiser P. wrote:ok taka seems annoying he can go to hell
They are similar - addressing to a single person, address the same point, similar choice of words and/or reactions, etc
Although you "explained it" I still do not see how "Elaborate" and "she's annoying" are a) similar choice of words b) they aren't addressing the same point. "Elaborate" asks for her to elaborate and "annoying" is just calling someone a name which doesn't really do anything.

Like Butch said somewhere before, of course I'm going to ask for elaboration if someone says I'm a scum lock after me voting Butch (which was obviously rvs).

Aside from this one quote, there isn't much else. A filler message here and there (Which is NAI) but nothing much except for this quote so we will analyze this. Here's the thing; this is basically Bart's only activity. For one, I really dislike this post, the tone is more defensive and it isn't really trying to expose anything. And that's what I've seen with their other activity. They have the 2nd most posts in this game, but have nothing at all said. No reads given. No discussion sparkers. And furthermore I dislike how Bart refers to Butch's post, especially since right before they unlynched Butch with absolutely no reasoning and went on like nothing had happened.

Questions:
Why did you unlynch Butch?
Why are you posting a bunch of useless messages?
Why are you only defending yourself and not scumhunting?

Overall read: Solid Scum, leaning Scumlean but the overall tone and useless messages make me see this as scum.
avatar
Pit B.

Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Pit B. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:53 am

Evian W.
Spoiler:

Evian W. wrote:Vote Taka T.

Firstly, there start. I'm not a big fan of it. Gave of random "lock"ed reads. This feels more like a forced contribution, more like "Hey I'm giving my reads early, I'm town for sure. You know that I'm town now!" I am not even sure from where did they bring that read. In the hindsight, I understand what they are doing, but I'm still up for this lynch.

I dislike this, it seems like the complete opposite of Bart; Evian is trying to scumread everyone (as seen by his later reads). He's up for a Taka lynch, because ... ? In your own words, seems like forced activity to me. (Fyi, I'm not stating I disagree with a Taka lynch [I haven't ISOed him yet] but the reasoning here does not make any sense)

Evian W. wrote:
Kaiser P. wrote:ok taka seems annoying he can go to hell
Not the best of the reactions. Similar to what Bart S. said, I personally believe that this is a not a very good slot here. FoS.

And once again, a quick FoS for basically no reasoning IMO.

Evian W. wrote:
Yaichi H. wrote:Vote Bart S.
bad reaction
I like how you came in, gave a vote, and woosh, just disappeared in thin air. Hey Yaichi H., got anything, anything at all to say?

I also don't like this, like just the tone of this post is "Hey, speak now, or I will scumread you". These points will be important.

Evian W. wrote:Therefore, a readlist which has been created as of now:

Bart S. - Scumlean
Butch C. - Neutral ; D1Lean
Evian W. - Definitely town
Kaiser P. - Scum
Kathi G. - Neutral
Kinso D. - Very Wavering Neutral
Pit B. - Neutral
Taka T. - Neutral
Yaichi H. - Scumlean

Oh for clarification, D1Lean is more of my own "townlean", but extremely slight, basically that they are someone I don't want to lose day one
My first reactions here are simple; there's no actual town read and everyone is just scum, like I explained earlier. This aggressiveness can be seen as NAI possibly since yes, I guess, a townie can be very paranoid about everyone, but just the way these reads came around seem like Evian is trying to throw the FoS to everyone so when there's a wagon it's very easy to lynch them. Seems suspicious to me.
Furthermore, when we look at the actual reads, what do you know, Kaiser is a scumread. And furthermore, Taka is neutral even though Evian is on them. Doesn't make much sense to me. Also, (not to self-incriminate myself), how am I neutral and other lurkers like Yaichi a scumlean if we have done the same thing? It doesn't make much sense, so I'd like you to elaborate.

Questions:
Why do you scumread everyone?
Why do you SR Kaiser?
Why are you on Taka if you read them neutral?
Can you explain your reads in depth?
Why am I neutral and Yaichi a scumlean?
In the 3rd quote I posted, why did you target that at Yaichi?

Overall Read: Scumlean, pushing Scum but I'd first like Evian to explain themselves.
avatar
Pit B.

Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Pit B. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:57 am

OK, I'm too tired to continue so I'm just going to give a brief read-over of Taka (since he has plurality):

I believe that Taka's tone is very forcing but is nevertheless townie. I like how he is trying to force reads out of Butch and I'm still confused as to why people have wagoned upon him.

Now to give my lynch, Lynch Bart S.
avatar
Pit B.

Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Pit B. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:58 am

Oops, Unlynch, Lynch Bart S.
avatar
Pit B.

Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Taka T. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:02 pm

I do not have plurality.

I have thoughts on your reads but I also kind of wait for you to do a real read on me
avatar
Taka T.

Posts : 20
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Bart S. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Pit B. wrote:
Questions:
Why did you unlynch Butch?
Why are you posting a bunch of useless messages?
Why are you only defending yourself and not scumhunting?

Hopefully I quoted right here.
1) I unlynched Butch because with the posts he is making, and the fact that he is not one of the inactive people, I don't see him as scum.
2) Useless? I do see how "ngl quoting is hard" is useless but that is pretty much it. I've been answering questions I've seen / posting thoughts on things (like Kinso's post).
3) We can't really scum hunt that much when some people had only posted an rvs lynch and gone - which I can't read at all.
avatar
Bart S.

Posts : 16
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by ajhockeystar on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Votecount 1.3
******************************

Bart S.(3)- Yaichi H., Taka T., Pit B.
Taka T.(2)- Kaiser P., Evian W.
Kinso D.(0)-
Butch C.(0)-
Evian W.(0)-
Kaiser P.(0)-
Kathi G.(0)-
Pit B.(0)-
Yaichi H.(0)-
Not Voting(4)- Butch C., Kathi G., Kinso D., Bart S.
******************************
There are 9 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 13th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Bart S. would be lynched.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 969
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Bart S. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Welp I'm probably getting lynched today so I might aswell post a read list x_x

Taka T. - scum lean
Kinso D. - scum
Butch C. - town
Evian W. - town lean
Kaiser P. - null
Kathi G. - null
Pit B. - null
Yaichi H.
avatar
Bart S.

Posts : 16
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Kaiser P. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:58 am

Kinso D. wrote:
Kaiser P. wrote:Im not really sure why. Kinso's reaction just urks me a bit more its hard to explain
Kinso i gave reasoning, your reaction to the shitposting readlist seemed fake and wierd. Read the thread instead of throwing off my read as no reasoning
I mean I get that you find it scummy, but as I said that was my reaction because I though he was being serious.
How can you think it was real. Thats what seems fake about it. and even if you did think it was real, you started questioning his townread on you iirc, which just seems like a scum saying 'im going to disagree with being townread that looks townie' idk how to explain very well it just gives a bad vibe

Kinso D. wrote:Also this pit guy seems to have lynched me and just hasn't appeared since.
Pit had about the same activity as a few others. Why are you specifically targeting him apart from the fact he is lynching you?
Pit B. wrote:Sorry for the inactivity, a post on all my thoughts will be coming shortly.

Also, to clarify, we are in Hell phase right?
That last bit feels like he's asking a question for the sake of asking questions. If you read the thread you will see people voting for scumreads so..
However his later readlists give me a d1 tr on him

gonna do this again because AJ missed it cos he is bad boi unless i maybe just forgot to do it idk
Unvote
Vote Kinso
avatar
Kaiser P.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Kinso D. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:16 am

Kaiser P. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:
Kaiser P. wrote:Im not really sure why. Kinso's reaction just urks me a bit more its hard to explain
Kinso i gave reasoning, your reaction to the shitposting readlist seemed fake and wierd. Read the thread instead of throwing off my read as no reasoning
I mean I get that you find it scummy, but as I said that was my reaction because I though he was being serious.
How can you think it was real. Thats what seems fake about it. and even if you did think it was real, you started questioning his townread on you iirc, which just seems like a scum saying 'im going to disagree with being townread that looks townie' idk how to explain very well it just gives a bad vibe

Kinso D. wrote:Also this pit guy seems to have lynched me and just hasn't appeared since.
Pit had about the same activity as a few others. Why are you specifically targeting him apart from the fact he is lynching you?
Pit B. wrote:Sorry for the inactivity, a post on all my thoughts will be coming shortly.

Also, to clarify, we are in Hell phase right?
That last bit feels like he's asking a question for the sake of asking questions. If you read the thread you will see people voting for scumreads so..
However his later readlists give me a d1 tr on him

gonna do this again because AJ missed it cos he is bad boi unless i maybe just forgot to do it idk
Unvote
Vote Kinso

Tbh I don't know what I need to say to you to make you believe me but I don't care at this point. You seem intent on tunnelling me so wth. I targeted pit specifically because he was the only inactive person to lynch someone and then go inactive which I don't really like.
avatar
Kinso D.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Kinso D. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:18 am

Bart S. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:Also this pit guy seems to have lynched me and just hasn't appeared since.

Why have you cared so much about one lynch. This is near all that you have said today and you don't even have plur afaik.

If someone lynches me, that means they think I'm scum. I'd like to know why that is and prove them wrong regardless of if I have plurality or not.
You should not only care about the game if you're about to die. That attitude makes games inactive.
avatar
Kinso D.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Kaiser P. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:23 am

Kinso D. wrote:
Bart S. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:Also this pit guy seems to have lynched me and just hasn't appeared since.

Why have you cared so much about one lynch. This is near all that you have said today and you don't even have plur afaik.

If someone lynches me, that means they think I'm scum. I'd like to know why that is and prove them wrong regardless of if I have plurality or not.
You should not only care about the game if you're about to die. That attitude makes games inactive.

You werent defending yourself though. You were Pushing someone who was lynching you, mostly because they lynched you :/
avatar
Kaiser P.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Kinso D. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:38 am

Kaiser P. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:
Bart S. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:Also this pit guy seems to have lynched me and just hasn't appeared since.

Why have you cared so much about one lynch. This is near all that you have said today and you don't even have plur afaik.

If someone lynches me, that means they think I'm scum. I'd like to know why that is and prove them wrong regardless of if I have plurality or not.
You should not only care about the game if you're about to die. That attitude makes games inactive.

You werent defending yourself though. You were Pushing someone who was lynching you, mostly because they lynched you :/

1- Show me where exactly I pushed him. I didn't
2- I would have had the same reaction had they lynched someone else and then disappeared
avatar
Kinso D.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Bart S. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 am

Kinso D. wrote:
Bart S. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:Also this pit guy seems to have lynched me and just hasn't appeared since.

Why have you cared so much about one lynch. This is near all that you have said today and you don't even have plur afaik.

If someone lynches me, that means they think I'm scum. I'd like to know why that is and prove them wrong regardless of if I have plurality or not.
You should not only care about the game if you're about to die. That attitude makes games inactive.

It's day 1 and rvs votes are common. Getting worked up over an rvs is just scummy.
avatar
Bart S.

Posts : 16
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Bart S. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:41 am

Kinso D. wrote:
Kaiser P. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:
Bart S. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:Also this pit guy seems to have lynched me and just hasn't appeared since.

Why have you cared so much about one lynch. This is near all that you have said today and you don't even have plur afaik.

If someone lynches me, that means they think I'm scum. I'd like to know why that is and prove them wrong regardless of if I have plurality or not.
You should not only care about the game if you're about to die. That attitude makes games inactive.

You werent defending yourself though. You were Pushing someone who was lynching you, mostly because they lynched you :/

1- Show me where exactly I pushed him. I didn't
2- I would have had the same reaction had they lynched someone else and then disappeared

I mean he's back. Pit literally posted like 6 times consecutively. I really don't see your point.
avatar
Bart S.

Posts : 16
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Evian W. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:56 am

Firstly, apologies for the inactivity! Had a health breakdown recently, but now I'm 90% well. 90% only, 10% of me is still fighting the germs off.

If I don't sleep on my Laptop, then massposting soon.
avatar
Evian W.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Evian W. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:06 am

Butch C. wrote:
Big Quote:
Evian W. wrote:Vote Taka T.

Firstly, there start. I'm not a big fan of it. Gave of random "lock"ed reads. This feels more like a forced contribution, more like "Hey I'm giving my reads early, I'm town for sure. You know that I'm town now!" I am not even sure from where did they bring that read. In the hindsight, I understand what they are doing, but I'm still up for this lynch.
From the explanations that I have from evian I understand that this was actually just a disguised RVS so to get Taka talking. However my problem here is that if you really intended this as a pressure vote, why were you so quick, as Taka said, to admit that your lynch was a disguised RVS? Taka didn't even respond so it just ruins your plan completely. It's also weird how you felt the need to include the whole hindsight thing even though it takes some of the pressure off your vote and opens the door for people (like myself) to question as to why you voted him when you appear to know his true objective. In addition to this, when Taka did blast out the massive post where he responded and gave reads on everyone, you didn't address it at all and only responded to mine and bart's posts. It's strange given that your pressure vote shows your keenness to listen to what Taka has to say and "be read further" as you said yourself. Finally you launch an early readlist which addressed Taka as "Neutral". The fact that you know Taka's true motives and truly think he is neutral is irrelevant, you told us that you made a disguised RVS in order to push Taka and give him the edge to talk (aka pressure him to talk). However you voided the pressure completely when you don't even have Taka as a scumlean. If you were indeed trying to get Taka talking via pressure then there is no reason why you would read Taka as neutral and shift the pressure off. These points collectively make me doubt whether your lynch really was a disguised RVS.

Evian W. wrote:Therefore, a readlist which has been created as of now:

Bart S. - Scumlean
Butch C. - Neutral ; D1Lean
Evian W. - Definitely town
Kaiser P. - Scum
Kathi G. - Neutral
Kinso D. - Very Wavering Neutral
Pit B. - Neutral
Taka T. - Neutral
Yaichi H. - Scumlean

Oh for clarification, D1Lean is more of my own "townlean", but extremely slight, basically that they are someone I don't want to lose day one
Something else I noticed about your readlist. You gave Yaichi a scumlean for presumably the fact he noted Bart's bad reaction, then never posted again. However Pit basically did exactly the same thing and around the same time of day. The only difference is that Pit just did an RVS while Yaichi appeared to have some sort of reason which funnily enough matches yours but without the explanation. So why is Pit neutral and Yaichi scumlean?

As to who I think should be lynched, I am still fairly undecided. I don't think a list is helpful because everyone except Taka and Evian would be in it (Evian because he actually talks and as of now I'd rather he be around for longer, this doesnt mean I am letting him off on the points i've mentioned).

I also keep seeing people (like Bart a few minutes ago) being an absolute butch and just go online then leave and it's annoying because I know there are things they can be replying to. For example in Bart's case I believe Evian said how it was weird that Bart didn't give any reply whatsoever after Taka said "no". Also both Taka and Evian called him out for unvoting me while saying absolutely nothing despite him being a topic of discussion.
Heya. Glad to have you here.

Firstly, I'll address this problem and fix it once and for all - I revealed that it was a disguised RVS because I waited a full in-real life day (half in-game day without the extension) for a reply, and to my disappointment I got none. Well, sure maybe I could've put more pressure of some sorts, but looking at their first post I quickly expected something BIG after the lynch, but ehh. I swear I was gonna write something here, got a discord PM, checked that and forgot what I was about write. Hit me up if I missed anything here.

Secondly, dying out is exactly what I found scummy. He came here, went off with a "bad reaction", and again went away like magic. Besides, his post seemed more pushy, while Bart seemed to know what he's doing.

avatar
Evian W.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Evian W. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 am

Yaichi H. wrote:
spoiler:
Yaichi H. wrote:
Butch C. wrote:
Taka T. wrote:Lock town:
Butch
Pit
Evian

Lean town:
Kathi
Kinso

Null:
Pit

Scum if Kathi is scum UNLESS Evian is the different alignment as Kinso in which case this is town:
Kaiser

Hard lock scum:
Bart


Discuss

At first I kinda liked this because it was quite an off the wall way to start day 1 which would generate a lot of discussion and reactions. However when bart said:
Bart S. wrote:How did you get these reads after maj of people have only confirmed. Can you elaborate on your town/scum locks.
which was a reply post that would naturally occur from your off the wall readlist, you just say:                              
Taka T. wrote:No.
completely shutting down that route of discussion. You explicitly told everyone in your original post to "discuss" yet it seems that you are inhibiting the discussion that you tried to start... Quite conflicting ideas no? This in turn gives me the impression that your original attempt of "discussion" was just for shows, sort of what Evian was on about.

Yaichi H. wrote:Vote Bart S.
bad reaction

Why was it a bad reaction? Wouldn't anyone want to ask why someone reads them as "hard lock scum"?
idk about you but it seemed pretty obvious to me that butch was just reaction testing
taka*

Come on.. You were on and you could've said a lot more.. I'm not sure if you're fixing a typo here or um doing something else?
avatar
Evian W.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Evian W. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:22 am

Taka T. wrote:
spoiler:
Nothing before my incredible readslist is worth noting.

Bart: Asked for elaboration on my reads list, wordless unvote from a rvs thing
Pit: Voted kinso
Kaiser: Called me annoying
Yaichi: voted Bart for a bad reaction
Evian: Voted me for "forced contribution", Fos'd Kaiser. Lots of posts
Butch: Thinks I shut down discussion, questions evian
Kinso: asked me to explain my reads list

All right. Pit, Kinso, Yaichi, Kaiser all haven't said much so I'll leave them alone for now. This leaves Bart, Evian, and Butch.

Of these four, Bart is the easiest to slot. To me at least it's obvious that the reads list was a silly rvs thing. How can "Scum if Kathi is scum UNLESS Evian is the different alignment as Kinso in which case this is town:" be an actual category? Asking for elaboration is the easiest thing in the world to do as a fluff post, and the wordless unvote when he's the talk of the town is stuff of nightmares. No good.

Evian is an interesting slot. I guess I'll start by replying to his posts.
Evian W. wrote:Vote Taka T.

Firstly, there start. I'm not a big fan of it. Gave of random "lock"ed reads. This feels more like a forced contribution, more like "Hey I'm giving my reads early, I'm town for sure. You know that I'm town now!" I am not even sure from where did they bring that read. In the hindsight, I understand what they are doing, but I'm still up for this lynch.
Yeah I had the same reaction as Butch reading this, which is that you started the post off by voting me but seemed to talk yourself out of it by the end. What, you want me to convince you that what I did was good RVS? Every post of substance so far has been on my list, or been in reply to a post replying to my list. If it weren't for my post we'd still be listening to radio static.

Evian W. wrote:
Kaiser P. wrote:ok taka seems annoying he can go to hell
Not the best of the reactions. Similar to what Bart S. said, I personally believe that this is a not a very good slot here. FoS.
I kind of agree with you but at the same time I don't think I'll ever view a post that calls me annoying as a "good reaction" rofl

Evian W. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:
Pit B. wrote:
Not sure if this sudden shift in reads was a reaction test or what, but alright.
Anyways:
Vote Kinso D.
Mind Explaining or is this just an RVS thing?
This dazzles my mind a bit. ...Honestly, there's a this part of my brain saying "THIS IS SCUM" while the other half is saying "THIS IS TOWN" since this actually makes no sense. I don't see why he would lynch you albeit RVS. But you asking for a reason... I don't know, really
hey just leaving this for posterity, if either of evian or kinso flip scum, the speed at which we should wagon the other one at should be sufficient to enter orbit

Evian W. wrote:
Butch C. wrote:
I missed this the first time i read this but first you give a surface level description of what he is doing and his possible motives which you thought was scummy. But then you talk about how in hindsight you know what his deeper intentions actually are. That would imply that you no longer believe the surface level motives are indeed true. So why are you still up for the lynch?

I am not sure if i am missing anything but i cant seem to find any post from bart which was similar to what you or kaiser said lol. What did you mean by that?

Firstly, it was the early game stages. A very slight single lynch push to give someone the edge to talk and give off something to get them be read further can be great for us all. In two words, disguised RVS. Thought the text which was written wasn't a lie, far from it, and has been address in few posts above.

Secondly, I'm surprised that you have the need to ask that. Not that I didn't see it coming (huh, the irony..), but well it's these two posts:
Bart S. wrote:How did you get these reads after maj of people have only confirmed. Can you elaborate on your town/scum locks.

Kaiser P. wrote:ok taka seems annoying he can go to hell
They are similar - addressing to a single person, address the same point, similar choice of words and/or reactions, etc
I'm having an awful time deciphering your posts and I don't understand your answer to butch. The way I am interpreting your answer to why you voted me (hey Butch) is that you wanted to start an early wagon regardless of your actual read on me (which is what I think you meant by disguised RVS)

Which is actually hilariously hypocritical. If you want to pressure someone with an early wagon, why the heck would you admit to your vote being primarily RVS before the person being wagoned (me) gets back and has a chance to defend himself? You learn a lot from listening to people's defenses, so for someone who seems so interested in hearing what people have to say, it's bleugh that you'd back off on my wagon before I got back.

Evian W. wrote:Therefore, a readlist which has been created as of now:

Bart S. - Scumlean
Butch C. - Neutral ; D1Lean
Evian W. - Definitely town
Kaiser P. - Scum
Kathi G. - Neutral
Kinso D. - Very Wavering Neutral
Pit B. - Neutral
Taka T. - Neutral
Yaichi H. - Scumlean

Oh for clarification, D1Lean is more of my own "townlean", but extremely slight, basically that they are someone I don't want to lose day one
I like people whose readslists match their votes.

On closer inspection after looking at this ISO, I don't dislike Evian as much as I thought I would. He tries to get a rvs wagon on me, which I'm fine with, I do shit like that all the time. I don't like that he called his vote on me RVS before I got back, activity prodding other players are mostly alignment neutral i think (scum especially have a field day activity prodding inactive villagers), I hated his response to Kinso. I will say that whatever my read on Evian today is, I will not be voting him. Given that half this playerbase is idling we should be hitting something in the pool of (Bart, Pit, Yaichi, Kathi, Kinso, Kaiser) holy shit this is a MASSIVE pool of inactives

Butch is next up on the list, and I think this is my town read for day 1. I guess I'll respond to his post first, same as Evian.
Butch C. wrote:
Taka T. wrote:Lock town:
Butch
Pit
Evian

Lean town:
Kathi
Kinso

Null:
Pit

Scum if Kathi is scum UNLESS Evian is the different alignment as Kinso in which case this is town:
Kaiser

Hard lock scum:
Bart


Discuss

At first I kinda liked this because it was quite an off the wall way to start day 1 which would generate a lot of discussion and reactions. However when bart said:
Bart S. wrote:How did you get these reads after maj of people have only confirmed. Can you elaborate on your town/scum locks.
which was a reply post that would naturally occur from your off the wall readlist, you just say:                              
Taka T. wrote:No.
completely shutting down that route of discussion. You explicitly told everyone in your original post to "discuss" yet it seems that you are inhibiting the discussion that you tried to start... Quite conflicting ideas no? This in turn gives me the impression that your original attempt of "discussion" was just for shows, sort of what Evian was on about.
I'm not going to pretend like my rvs post was actually serious and discuss it in a serious manner, that doesn't sound fun or productive to me. But I'm glad it provoked the discussion that it did!

Butch C. wrote:
I missed this the first time i read this but first you give a surface level description of what he is doing and his possible motives which you thought was scummy. But then you talk about how in hindsight you know what his deeper intentions actually are. That would imply that you no longer believe the surface level motives are indeed true. So why are you still up for the lynch?
Yeah honestly this shit is good, I townread people who think along the same lines I am and this is exactly what was going on in my head when I read Evian's post.

Butch C. wrote:

Evian W. wrote:
Secondly, I'm surprised that you have the need to ask that. Not that I didn't see it coming (huh, the irony..), but well it's these two posts:
Bart S. wrote:How did you get these reads after maj of people have only confirmed. Can you elaborate on your town/scum locks.

Kaiser P. wrote:ok taka seems annoying he can go to hell
They are similar - addressing to a single person, address the same point, similar choice of words and/or reactions, etc

I only asked because I wanna make sure I am understanding everyone's posts so that I can question them if I need to. Which is why I am glad I asked you about this because there's no way those 2 are similar despite addressing the same post. There is a clear distinction; Kaiser's posts seems to just disregard what Taka said and just called him "annoying" and wants him to go to hell (aka lynched), whereas Bart asked for elaboration. Therefore I dont see how you can FoS both Bart and Kaiser for similar reasons. You FoS Bart because he is asking for elaboration on what is clearly an off the wall attempt to gather reactions, which makes sense. But Kaiser gave a completely different reaction where he appears to have regarded it as some sort of RVS troll attempt. That being said, FoSing those two is completely reasonable since both reasons for doing so make sense. However personally I felt Bart's reaction was natural as Taka's choice of wording was "hard lock scum".
"You FoS Bart because he is asking for elaboration on what is clearly an off the wall attempt to gather reactions, which makes sense."
Wait you scumread me because I didn't respond to Bart's request, so why does it make sense to you that Bart's request is scummy? Huh? Please respond to this.

Butch is all right I guess. Honestly all of these posts by Butch and Evian look big but there's not actually a whole lot going on.

OK.

Deadline is in a day and nobody is posting so it's time to give out shitty reads for shitty reasons.

(Bart, Pit, Yaichi, Kathi, Kinso, Kaiser)

Bart is scummy in addition to what I said above because he was posting a lot before game started and now game has started and he's posting less.
Who is pit?
Yaichi is good because Bart did actually have a bad reaction
Kathi LITERALLY has not posted
Kinso took my RVS post seriously ("Okay how did you get that instant town read on me? This is interesting I only had 1 post and it was about me liking the theme") and it was very clear (I hope) that it was not serious so this can be lynchable as well
Kaiser called me annoying

I went back and looked at Pit's post and it was while we were still in RVS so nothing of substance I guess.

LYNCHABLES (like lunchables but worse) are grouped into two categories:
INACTIVES: Pit, Kathi
SLIGHTLY SCUMMY BUT HONESTLY AS SCUMMY AS ANYONE'S GOING TO GET WITH THIS ACTVITIY: Bart, Kaiser, Kinso

Let's talk, let's talk, let's talk.
I like being called interesting! It makes me different from others. I mean, being the same? As others? Yuck.

Firstly, the bold. I tried to do some logical cycling around this - from a part where I checked through your first post and ran through the posts trying to connect them and see how this makes sense, but still didn't get it. I'm dumb enough to not get from where you're coming, but at the end of the day I might be dumb enough to not get what this sentence means in the first place. This basically means that we should quickly hammer the other person if one of us flips scum, right?

Secondly, I wrote a similar explanation in the post before! Basically, I waited for some time and got tired of waiting. Human psychology - we aren't as impatient.

And after reading all the posts of this human, hey I've grown fond of this person. Better than just pure aggression and bottle of ketchup and bullshit.
Unlynch Taka T.
avatar
Evian W.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Evian W. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:29 am

Butch C. wrote:
spoiler:
Taka T. wrote:
Evian W. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:
Pit B. wrote:
Not sure if this sudden shift in reads was a reaction test or what, but alright.
Anyways:
Vote Kinso D.
Mind Explaining or is this just an RVS thing?
This dazzles my mind a bit. ...Honestly, there's a this part of my brain saying "THIS IS SCUM" while the other half is saying "THIS IS TOWN" since this actually makes no sense. I don't see why he would lynch you albeit RVS. But you asking for a reason... I don't know, really
hey just leaving this for posterity, if either of evian or kinso flip scum, the speed at which we should wagon the other one at should be sufficient to enter orbit

Uh what? If either one of them flipped town why should we wagon the other? Because that also implies that Kinso and Evian can't both be scum/town either and there is nothing there to suggest that they can't be in the same alignment.

Taka T. wrote:

Butch C. wrote:

Quotes:

Evian W. wrote:
Secondly, I'm surprised that you have the need to ask that. Not that I didn't see it coming (huh, the irony..), but well it's these two posts:
Bart S. wrote:How did you get these reads after maj of people have only confirmed. Can you elaborate on your town/scum locks.

Kaiser P. wrote:ok taka seems annoying he can go to hell
They are similar - addressing to a single person, address the same point, similar choice of words and/or reactions, etc

I only asked because I wanna make sure I am understanding everyone's posts so that I can question them if I need to. Which is why I am glad I asked you about this because there's no way those 2 are similar despite addressing the same post. There is a clear distinction; Kaiser's posts seems to just disregard what Taka said and just called him "annoying" and wants him to go to hell (aka lynched), whereas Bart asked for elaboration. Therefore I dont see how you can FoS both Bart and Kaiser for similar reasons. You FoS Bart because he is asking for elaboration on what is clearly an off the wall attempt to gather reactions, which makes sense. But Kaiser gave a completely different reaction where he appears to have regarded it as some sort of RVS troll attempt. That being said, FoSing those two is completely reasonable since both reasons for doing so make sense. However personally I felt Bart's reaction was natural as Taka's choice of wording was "hard lock scum".
"You FoS Bart because he is asking for elaboration on what is clearly an off the wall attempt to gather reactions, which makes sense."
Wait you scumread me because I didn't respond to Bart's request, so why does it make sense to you that Bart's request is scummy? Huh? Please respond to this.

I said it makes sense for Evian to FoS Bart because of his request since both of you i believe referred to the fact Bart asked for elaboration on reads that were obviously not serious. However I also said that I thought Bart's reaction was natural because of how you said "hard lock scum" which means personally I don't FoS Bart. Also I never scumread you, I just pressed you to make day 1 more interesting and to transition out of RVS basically (which worked!), but I know full well that even if you did respond to Bart's request there was nothing really to say.

(I am also glad that I aint the only one finding it hard to understand Evian's reply to me, now i know that i am not stupid)

ajhockeystar wrote:Very tempted to extend and so I can tell people to post. Thoughts?

Yeah this day has just been 3 people talking basically, we need more time.

Kaiser P. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:
Taka T. wrote:
Quote:
Pit is now lean scum.

Lock town:
Butch
Pit
Evian

Lean town:
Kathi
Kinso

Scum if Kathi is scum UNLESS Evian is the different alignment as Kinso in which case this is town:
Kaiser

Lean scum:
Pit

Hard lock scum:
Bart

Okay how did you get that instant town read on me? This is interesting I only had 1 post and it was about me liking the theme

something about the reaction just feels, idk off. It should be obvious from reading that Taka is just making annoying shitposts and not an actual readlist. feels wierd. FOS
Hmm so why do you find Kinso's reply weird and not Bart's then?

Firstly, Question now I'm genuinely confused too, did the bold stuff mean what he wrote right now or is it what I posted above?
Taka T. wrote:
(I am also glad that I aint the only one finding it hard to understand Evian's reply to me, now i know that i am not stupid)
Will make sure not to mess up my wording in the future. Sorry!


avatar
Evian W.

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Butch C. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Yaichi H. wrote:
Butch C. wrote:
Long Quote:

Taka T. wrote:Lock town:
Butch
Pit
Evian

Lean town:
Kathi
Kinso

Null:
Pit

Scum if Kathi is scum UNLESS Evian is the different alignment as Kinso in which case this is town:
Kaiser

Hard lock scum:
Bart


Discuss

At first I kinda liked this because it was quite an off the wall way to start day 1 which would generate a lot of discussion and reactions. However when bart said:
Bart S. wrote:How did you get these reads after maj of people have only confirmed. Can you elaborate on your town/scum locks.
which was a reply post that would naturally occur from your off the wall readlist, you just say:                              
Taka T. wrote:No.
completely shutting down that route of discussion. You explicitly told everyone in your original post to "discuss" yet it seems that you are inhibiting the discussion that you tried to start... Quite conflicting ideas no? This in turn gives me the impression that your original attempt of "discussion" was just for shows, sort of what Evian was on about.

Yaichi H. wrote:Vote Bart S.
bad reaction

Why was it a bad reaction? Wouldn't anyone want to ask why someone reads them as "hard lock scum"?
idk about you but it seemed pretty obvious to me that butch was just reaction testing
Well yeah but you still havent explained why not realising/pretending to not realise it was a reaction test is scummy.

Pit B. wrote:Questions for Butch:
Why haven't you made a RVS vote/pressure vote/scumread lynch yet?
Can you make us a readlist?
You analysed 2 of my posts i believe and I am pretty sure I posted 2 more before you posted ur analysis of me. But anyway I haven't made an RVS vote because I found an opportunity to transition out of the RVS stage by pressing on Taka's super early readlist. I didn't make a pressure vote simply because I didn't feel the need to, I thought my points provided enough pressure and my vote wouldn't add much to it. I haven't made a scumread vote because throughout this day I have been pressing and getting answers out of people because i have been undecided so that in the end (basically right about now) I can make my decision on who to lynch. I will make a readlist at the end of this post. You talked about my "neutrality" and "in-between behaviour", I don't actually understand how I've been neutral at all. I thought my stance can be easily deduced by the intensity of the pressure I apply on them and simply by what I say. However I understand how you wouldn't know my stance on people who I haven't pressured (for example Kinso, I didn't find it necessary to press on Kinso as much as I pressed on Evian because Kinso to me has already shown scumminess while for people like Evian I would concentrate more of my energy).

Bart S. wrote:Welp I'm probably getting lynched today so I might aswell post a read list x_x

Taka T. - scum lean
Kinso D. - scum
Butch C. - town
Evian W. - town lean
Kaiser P. - null
Kathi G. - null
Pit B. - null
Yaichi H.

They literally mean nothing if they arent explained...

Evian W. wrote:
Butch C. wrote:
Big Quote:

Evian W. wrote:Vote Taka T.

Firstly, there start. I'm not a big fan of it. Gave of random "lock"ed reads. This feels more like a forced contribution, more like "Hey I'm giving my reads early, I'm town for sure. You know that I'm town now!" I am not even sure from where did they bring that read. In the hindsight, I understand what they are doing, but I'm still up for this lynch.
From the explanations that I have from evian I understand that this was actually just a disguised RVS so to get Taka talking. However my problem here is that if you really intended this as a pressure vote, why were you so quick, as Taka said, to admit that your lynch was a disguised RVS? Taka didn't even respond so it just ruins your plan completely. It's also weird how you felt the need to include the whole hindsight thing even though it takes some of the pressure off your vote and opens the door for people (like myself) to question as to why you voted him when you appear to know his true objective. In addition to this, when Taka did blast out the massive post where he responded and gave reads on everyone, you didn't address it at all and only responded to mine and bart's posts. It's strange given that your pressure vote shows your keenness to listen to what Taka has to say and "be read further" as you said yourself. Finally you launch an early readlist which addressed Taka as "Neutral". The fact that you know Taka's true motives and truly think he is neutral is irrelevant, you told us that you made a disguised RVS in order to push Taka and give him the edge to talk (aka pressure him to talk). However you voided the pressure completely when you don't even have Taka as a scumlean. If you were indeed trying to get Taka talking via pressure then there is no reason why you would read Taka as neutral and shift the pressure off. These points collectively make me doubt whether your lynch really was a disguised RVS.

Evian W. wrote:Therefore, a readlist which has been created as of now:

Bart S. - Scumlean
Butch C. - Neutral ; D1Lean
Evian W. - Definitely town
Kaiser P. - Scum
Kathi G. - Neutral
Kinso D. - Very Wavering Neutral
Pit B. - Neutral
Taka T. - Neutral
Yaichi H. - Scumlean

Oh for clarification, D1Lean is more of my own "townlean", but extremely slight, basically that they are someone I don't want to lose day one
Something else I noticed about your readlist. You gave Yaichi a scumlean for presumably the fact he noted Bart's bad reaction, then never posted again. However Pit basically did exactly the same thing and around the same time of day. The only difference is that Pit just did an RVS while Yaichi appeared to have some sort of reason which funnily enough matches yours but without the explanation. So why is Pit neutral and Yaichi scumlean?

As to who I think should be lynched, I am still fairly undecided. I don't think a list is helpful because everyone except Taka and Evian would be in it (Evian because he actually talks and as of now I'd rather he be around for longer, this doesnt mean I am letting him off on the points i've mentioned).

I also keep seeing people (like Bart a few minutes ago) being an absolute butch and just go online then leave and it's annoying because I know there are things they can be replying to. For example in Bart's case I believe Evian said how it was weird that Bart didn't give any reply whatsoever after Taka said "no". Also both Taka and Evian called him out for unvoting me while saying absolutely nothing despite him being a topic of discussion.
Heya. Glad to have you here.

Firstly, I'll address this problem and fix it once and for all - I revealed that it was a disguised RVS because I waited a full in-real life day (half in-game day without the extension) for a reply, and to my disappointment I got none. Well, sure maybe I could've put more pressure of some sorts, but looking at their first post I quickly expected something BIG after the lynch, but ehh. I swear I was gonna write something here, got a discord PM, checked that and forgot what I was about write. Hit me up if I missed anything here.

Secondly, dying out is exactly what I found scummy. He came here, went off with a "bad reaction", and again went away like magic. Besides, his post seemed more pushy, while Bart seemed to know what he's doing.


I mean you haven't really fixed it once and for all when you basically only addressed my first point. Honestly I don't get why you had to reveal it at all, it's not like Taka is the only talk of the town, you had stuff to say about Bart as well. I know I asked you why you voted him but I would have thought that if you were intending a pressure vote you would maintain the pressure and reinforce a certain point against him. Which links in to your decision to  put the whole hindsight thing with your "disguised RVS" when it unnecessarily takes off pressure from the vote and opens the door for people to ask you on why you voted Taka. You also haven't responded to why you decided to not reply to Taka despite your eagerness to hear what he has to say. I find it hard to believe that you missed it seeing as how my post was at the top of page 3 and his post is the next post (that isnt AJ). You also havent really talked about why on earth you decided to put Taka as neutral despite doing the whole disguised RVS to pressure him. You say that you "could have put more pressure", but the issue here is why you unnecessarily took off the pressure.

Your 2nd point is just....dafuq? Havent you being FoSing Bart for his reaction against Taka? Now you're saying that he seems to know what he is doing? Unless you mean Pit but the problem here is that he did pretty much nothing, so how could you possibly know that he knows what he is doing?

Evian W. wrote:
Butch C. wrote:
spoiler:

Taka T. wrote:
Evian W. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:
Pit B. wrote:
Not sure if this sudden shift in reads was a reaction test or what, but alright.
Anyways:
Vote Kinso D.
Mind Explaining or is this just an RVS thing?
This dazzles my mind a bit. ...Honestly, there's a this part of my brain saying "THIS IS SCUM" while the other half is saying "THIS IS TOWN" since this actually makes no sense. I don't see why he would lynch you albeit RVS. But you asking for a reason... I don't know, really
hey just leaving this for posterity, if either of evian or kinso flip scum, the speed at which we should wagon the other one at should be sufficient to enter orbit

Uh what? If either one of them flipped town why should we wagon the other? Because that also implies that Kinso and Evian can't both be scum/town either and there is nothing there to suggest that they can't be in the same alignment.

Taka T. wrote:

Butch C. wrote:

Quotes:

Evian W. wrote:
Secondly, I'm surprised that you have the need to ask that. Not that I didn't see it coming (huh, the irony..), but well it's these two posts:
Bart S. wrote:How did you get these reads after maj of people have only confirmed. Can you elaborate on your town/scum locks.

Kaiser P. wrote:ok taka seems annoying he can go to hell
They are similar - addressing to a single person, address the same point, similar choice of words and/or reactions, etc

I only asked because I wanna make sure I am understanding everyone's posts so that I can question them if I need to. Which is why I am glad I asked you about this because there's no way those 2 are similar despite addressing the same post. There is a clear distinction; Kaiser's posts seems to just disregard what Taka said and just called him "annoying" and wants him to go to hell (aka lynched), whereas Bart asked for elaboration. Therefore I dont see how you can FoS both Bart and Kaiser for similar reasons. You FoS Bart because he is asking for elaboration on what is clearly an off the wall attempt to gather reactions, which makes sense. But Kaiser gave a completely different reaction where he appears to have regarded it as some sort of RVS troll attempt. That being said, FoSing those two is completely reasonable since both reasons for doing so make sense. However personally I felt Bart's reaction was natural as Taka's choice of wording was "hard lock scum".
"You FoS Bart because he is asking for elaboration on what is clearly an off the wall attempt to gather reactions, which makes sense."
Wait you scumread me because I didn't respond to Bart's request, so why does it make sense to you that Bart's request is scummy? Huh? Please respond to this.

I said it makes sense for Evian to FoS Bart because of his request since both of you i believe referred to the fact Bart asked for elaboration on reads that were obviously not serious. However I also said that I thought Bart's reaction was natural because of how you said "hard lock scum" which means personally I don't FoS Bart. Also I never scumread you, I just pressed you to make day 1 more interesting and to transition out of RVS basically (which worked!), but I know full well that even if you did respond to Bart's request there was nothing really to say.

(I am also glad that I aint the only one finding it hard to understand Evian's reply to me, now i know that i am not stupid)

ajhockeystar wrote:Very tempted to extend and so I can tell people to post. Thoughts?

Yeah this day has just been 3 people talking basically, we need more time.

Kaiser P. wrote:
Kinso D. wrote:
Taka T. wrote:
Quote:
Pit is now lean scum.

Lock town:
Butch
Pit
Evian

Lean town:
Kathi
Kinso

Scum if Kathi is scum UNLESS Evian is the different alignment as Kinso in which case this is town:
Kaiser

Lean scum:
Pit

Hard lock scum:
Bart

Okay how did you get that instant town read on me? This is interesting I only had 1 post and it was about me liking the theme

something about the reaction just feels, idk off. It should be obvious from reading that Taka is just making annoying shitposts and not an actual readlist. feels wierd. FOS
Hmm so why do you find Kinso's reply weird and not Bart's then?

Firstly, Question now I'm genuinely confused too, did the bold stuff mean what he wrote right now or is it what I posted above?
Taka T. wrote:
(I am also glad that I aint the only one finding it hard to understand Evian's reply to me, now i know that i am not stupid)
Will make sure not to mess up my wording in the future. Sorry!
No I just misread that Taka said, he meant that for you and Kinso, if one of you flip scum, the other should be lynched as well.

I mean I never called you stupid lol, but I started doubting my intelligence when I couldn't understand what you wrote.

Anyway so for my readlist, I ain't mentioning my townreads and Kathi because I just don't have anything to say as of now, they are townreads because as of now they haven't done anything I see as scummy.

Bart: Ngl what everyone else keeps saying regarding his reaction to Taka's reads, I personally don't see. Although the reasoning of Bart making an easy fluff post to make it seem as if he knows what he is doing makes sense, I still feel as though the reaction was natural when someone immediately puts him as "hard lock scum". What I don't really like about Bart is how he has been picking and choosing which posts to reply to. I previously wrote and gave Bart as an example on how he still has this and this he could be responding to instead of coming online and doing nothing yet all he does I believe is respond to pit, make a rushed and unexplained readlist, then attack Kinso (the last one isnt a bad thing i shouldnt really be complaining). However all in all I only have him as a scumlean as of yet and I don't think he should be the one sent to hell today.

Evian W.: I feel like I've explained my problems against Evian quite a bit so I'll just summarise. I am doubting the integrity in his explanations. I am starting to think that his "disguised RVS" may have just been an on the spot explanation to make it seem as if he is benefiting town which therefore makes him a hard scumread if thats true. For that reason I don't think he should be sent to hell this early because more time is needed to get to the bottom of this.

Kinso D.: Kinso is quite defensive and seems to be overly self-conscious about getting lynched to the point where all his posts has been him complaining about getting lynched. He says how anyone who lynches him means that they find him scum but lets be honest, everyone here has played this game enough times to know how RVS works, so to me this just sounds like he is fishing for excuses for his obsession about getting lynched. He hasn't even made a single post telling us his thoughts about the rest of the game and who he finds scum. In a way it reflects the roles of town and mafia: town are out to try and find mafia while mafia are trying not to get caught. Despite his rise in activity he hasnt been doing any of what the average town would do and is instead too worried about getting lynched. I find this strange because at the same time he is being defensive, which in other words means a desire to stay alive and keep playing the game. Now it's alright for someone to be defensive as long as they show a desire to find the mafia. But I am seeing absolutely no signs of such behaviour. Therefore I think Kinso is the scummiest (when not factoring in Evian) and is my vote for today.

Yaichi H. I still can't really read Yaichi. The only thing i noticed is how he seems to give minimal explanation about anything and responds to very little in every visit to the thread despite there being quite a lot to talk about. However this still makes him neutral in my eyes.

So if I were to list everyone from town to scum it would go: Taka > Pit > Kaiser > Evian (If not guilty) > Kathi > Yaichi > Bart > Kinso > Evian (If guilty)

Kathi would be defined as pure neutrality and so everyone above kathi would be my townreads/leans.

Vote Kinso
avatar
Butch C.

Posts : 20
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Butch C. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Holy moly PSanon being an absolute butch, AJ is it possible if you can fix my post because I have no idea what went wrong there Shocked
avatar
Butch C.

Posts : 20
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Taka T. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:38 pm

OK big post.

I asked pit a question but I don't think I'll have time to actually get an answer in the next 4 hours.

I'm looking at three possible lynches today. Bart, Evian. I'm kind of OK with kinso lynch but to me it's about the same level of certainty as a lynch on kathi, and I'd much rather lynch the person who literally is not here.

I actually did not think that I would be here today, but I have a massive problem with Evian.

The reason I reached out to Pit earlier was because he was doing ISO's of people in the game. I hate ISO's. I think ISO's are almost completely useless. Posts are not made in isolation, so why should they be read that way? There is so much to analyze with regards to what context a post is made in, that is just lost under ISO.

My major problem with Evian is that he has been completely avoiding me since I started posting. This is a guy who is prodding people for activity early in the week, telling people to be less useless, asking people questions. He parks his vote on me. When questioned on it (by Butch), he mangles his explanation COMPLETELY and tries to explain that it was a RVS vote. His vote, as of 12 hours before deadline, was still on me.

How does that make any sense? This cognitive dissonance between what he asks of other people int he game and what he contributes is worrying and is to me what marks a scum player. It's hard to call someone scum by the way they approach the game because hey maybe they do that as town also. But people are scum when they are conflicted with themselves in the way that they approach the game, because they want to look like they're scumhunting when they actually don't need to. When people pretend to be something that they're not, what happens a lot is that the thing they're pretending to be will contradict what they actually are.

Here is my narrative of what happened. Evian parks a vote on me. Tries to seem helpful. When I come back with a gorgeous wall of analysis, he freaks out, gets cold feet, doesn't know what the hell to do or how the hell to respond to me and Butch, and effectively disappears from the game.

Here is NOT a narrative of what happened. Town-evian does good activity prodding and gets the game off to a good start. He is then suddenly OK with being unwilling to push anything and is OK with melting away into the background.

I've been thinking about the setup. It is actually important to get lynches like Evian out of the way sooner rather than later. The setup is such that the good townies will leave the game soon, by design. If active and visible scum like evian is lynched late in the game (but not before judgment day), they will eventually become the most active and seemingly useful person in the game, and then they are harder to lynch. Let me put it this way, butch. suppose you and I get sent to heaven: who is left to push evian?

Evian's flip in either case is hugely informative. I'm happy with sending Butch tomorrow whatever the case, but if he flips scum then there exists a easy kinso vote, if he flips town then we look at people like yaichi and shit like that.

With that said, Vote Evian

I don't like a Kinso lynch for a few reasons. I actually really like his willingness to engage with pit who voted him. This is in direct contrast with Bart, who seems to hope that people who vote him just eventually forget about his existence. This is a big big big townmarker for me and I think some credence needs to be given to my read here.

The second thing is that literally everything Kaiser has been posting has been to tunnel Kinso. Putting the substance aside (although really, my opinion on the substance is the same as I said above, that I like Kinso's willingness to engage with people who vote him), I tend to really REALLY dislike people behind day 1 tunnels. There are 9 players in this game, you have to get reads 8 of them, you have no idea what alignment anybody is, but somehow you've latched onto one person who you really dislike and ignore everyone else? I think this is scummy, and I don't like being on wagon with scum.

(I guess this also makes me feel better about evian vote because the only people scumreading him are me and butch)

And I've talked about bart before. I think bart is lock scum, super scum, super super super scum, even more scum than evian but I want to get rid of evian first because tomorrow we are losing either butch or me and I think we need to hunt the big fish out of the pond first. People in general are afraid of lynching active people, which makes it super easy for people to get away with making transparently scummy posts simply just by making a lot of them.
avatar
Taka T.

Posts : 20
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Taka T. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:40 pm

To recap, here are the three possible votes today from my POV
SCUMMIEST: Bart
SCUMMY, BUT THIS LYNCH NEEDS TO HAPPEN SOONER RATHER THAN LATER: Evian
INACTIVE: Kathi
avatar
Taka T.

Posts : 20
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 34: Purgatory

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum