Game 33: Purgatory

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Madam Muchmoney on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 am

I also just realized that if we ever get to a point where it's 50/50 between Mafia and town the players in heaven decide who goes to hell. I don't mean to be shooting down Galea's idea completely, it's just something else we have to consider if we send people we think have inaccurate reads to heaven.

So I suppose the main thing those sent to heaven need to remember is to continue watching/discussing the game even though you're not in it, and if you ever have to send someone to hell really consider the whole thing and the opinions of everyone else with you.
avatar
Madam Muchmoney

Posts : 34
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by ajhockeystar on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:56 pm

I shall extend until the 13th at 9pm EST. Gotta get more people active!
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 969
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Master Fisherman on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 pm

hi i completely forgot about the existence of this game even though i was one of the ones pushing for it to start early lol

this is one of my favourite vanilla-esque themes so i'm pretty excited for it. Reading up now in preparation to send scum straight to hell.
avatar
Master Fisherman

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Master Fisherman on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Isis A. wrote:Lynch Autumn F.

Cute users always are scum

that was a lot easier than i expected this game's barely started (thank heavens)

this being Isis' only post which is an RVS vote followed by their disappearance is the first thing to jump out at me upon rereading. Madame Muchmoney and Galea break town to me as of now. The focus today is scum anyway so that's where I'll be putting the most effort in.
avatar
Master Fisherman

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Master Fisherman on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Pete S. wrote:
Autumn F. wrote:Madam much money will u be my sugar mama, I'll vote to send u to heaven if I say yes I love you

Scum partner found gg gimme me MVP

this feels like filler to me. Obviously it can be brushed off as just as a joke but when you're looking for something to post as scum and see two others interacting like that it's just too easy to call it as a scumteam and be done with it, however much of a joke the post looks.

Galea R. wrote:
Charlene W. wrote:Confirm town
"So I here im villy"
Lynch Charlene W.

agree with this lynch. Scumpool within a few minutes of reading the game to me is currently Isis A. , Pete S. and Charlene W.
avatar
Master Fisherman

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Galea R. on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:35 am

Madam Muchmoney wrote:
Are you jealous too? Does no one in this town understand our relationship?

Anyway, you made your first proposal at Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:38 pm, so none of those people have had the chance to see it I think. I do realize you lynched Autumn for another reason though, and I will join you in bringing some pressure to people. I mention having a problem with people who RVS and do nothing else, which is right now Isis and Pete, and Pete at the very least came back after his RVS to see if something had come up to discuss, so I will
when you can't tell if its a meme or buddying 🤔

the intent behind the lynch was someone coming on again after they originally posted but doing nothing, not doing nothing after I attempted to start actual conversation.
I suppose i'd have an issue with Pete too, then.

Madam Muchmoney wrote:I also just realized that if we ever get to a point where it's 50/50 between Mafia and town the players in heaven decide who goes to hell. I don't mean to be shooting down Galea's idea completely, it's just something else we have to consider if we send people we think have inaccurate reads to heaven.

So I suppose the main thing those sent to heaven need to remember is to continue watching/discussing the game even though you're not in it, and if you ever have to send someone to hell really consider the whole thing and the opinions of everyone else with you.
ah yeah that is true, I had forgotten about that portion. It's a good plan to have at least one strong town voice w/ good reads (ofc we need to find mafia first to figure out who HAS good reads) in heaven to make sure that the other picks don't mess up this scenario.
As to people being active, i'll be legitimately shocked if more than 1 or 2 people go to heaven and continue to check on the game, given psanon's history. Hopefully i'll be surprised, though.

Master Fisherman wrote:Madame Muchmoney and Galea break town to me as of now.
and Howie?

Master Fisherman wrote:
this feels like filler to me. Obviously it can be brushed off as just as a joke but when you're looking for something to post as scum and see two others interacting like that it's just too easy to call it as a scumteam and be done with it, however much of a joke the post looks.
calling out filler in the rvs stage seems silly to me & putting weight in that isn't really worth it, imo. I suppose it's something worth bringing up if it has an actual effect later down the line, but its a bit early to talk about that right now.
avatar
Galea R.

Posts : 27
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Master Fisherman on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:53 am

who's Howie
avatar
Master Fisherman

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Galea R. on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 pm

the other active guy
avatar
Galea R.

Posts : 27
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Madam Muchmoney on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Master Fisherman wrote:
Pete S. wrote:
Autumn F. wrote:Madam much money will u be my sugar mama, I'll vote to send u to heaven if I say yes I love you

Scum partner found gg gimme me MVP

this feels like filler to me. Obviously it can be brushed off as just as a joke but when you're looking for something to post as scum and see two others interacting like that it's just too easy to call it as a scumteam and be done with it, however much of a joke the post looks.

Galea R. wrote:
Charlene W. wrote:Confirm town
"So I here im villy"
Lynch Charlene W.

agree with this lynch. Scumpool within a few minutes of reading the game to me is currently Isis A. , Pete S. and Charlene W.
Galea can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Charlene vote was a RVS/meme vote. What about it do you "agree" with?

I can't quote Galea's post for some reason. But anyway:

1. We have the thinking emoji? Surprised
2. When you can't tell if they're jealous or...yeah, just jealous.
3. I mean Pete didn't do absolutely nothing. The posts he did make are nothing special and he doesn't stand out as town to me, so I get what you're saying and understand the point you were trying to make. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about it in my last post.

Master Fisherman wrote:who's Howie
Poor Howie. He only has 5 posts so far but basically what Galea said, he's the other main person who's said something meaningful.
avatar
Madam Muchmoney

Posts : 34
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Pete S. on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Ooops forgot game existed again agh.

- For sending people to heaven it should 100% be the person you all townread at the moment, going through any other longwinded way just complicates the game and doesn't help.

- I'm agreeing with the inactivity reads atm ((Those are just purely reads on inactive people) except on me ofc, I'm obvtown)

Right so rest of it

Master Fisherman wrote:
Pete S. wrote:
Autumn F. wrote:Madam much money will u be my sugar mama, I'll vote to send u to heaven if I say yes I love you

Scum partner found gg gimme me MVP

this feels like filler to me. Obviously it can be brushed off as just as a joke but when you're looking for something to post as scum and see two others interacting like that it's just too easy to call it as a scumteam and be done with it, however much of a joke the post looks.

You have to (and someone has pointed it out) understand that when I said that it was when I was in the RVS stage and that I was just calling out stupid shit to see how Madam would react to it.

Speaking of which...

Madam Muchmoney wrote:
Pete S. wrote:Lynch Madam Muchmoney

Wants to buy way into heaven, therefore knows they're going to hell.

Only people in this game going to hell are scum because they commit crimes.

Madam Muchmoney = Scum
It should be a crime to vote me. It's a crime that Howie hasn't rescinded his blasphemies yet.

The other game has people talking so I want to talk too. How are you, Sweet Pete?

I know this was in the RVS stage, but I don't like how your reasoning for your activity was "other people are active too."

Any town member would be active because they should be active, keeping the game alive, scumhunting, etc.

Madam Muchmoney wrote:
Autumn F. wrote:Madam much money will u be my sugar mama, I'll vote to send u to heaven if I say yes I love you
We can go to heaven together I love you I love you Just have to send this heretic Howie to the depths of hell real quick.

Pete just doesn't understand our love.

Sugar Ma-Ma-MAFIA PARTNERS.  Idea

Autumn F. wrote:
Pete S. wrote:
Autumn F. wrote:Madam much money will u be my sugar mama, I'll vote to send u to heaven if I say yes I love you

Scum partner found gg gimme me MVP

I'm just a poor waitress looking for some quick ways to get rich Sad
ur just jelly u don't have a sugar mama to inherit fortunes hehe

Right, so I stated that because I wanted to extend my rvs to you due to interactions, but what I got wasn't really useful at all.

[quote="Madam Muchmoney"]
Are you jealous too? Does no one in this town understand our relationship?
[quote]

Adding this on even though Galea pointed this out but RVS buddying ???

But because of all these, I'm actually finding both of these users quite questionable, mostly Madam.

To end it all off politely; I'm fine, how about you Madam?
avatar
Pete S.

Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Madam Muchmoney on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Pete S. wrote:

Madam Muchmoney wrote:
Pete S. wrote:Lynch Madam Muchmoney

Wants to buy way into heaven, therefore knows they're going to hell.

Only people in this game going to hell are scum because they commit crimes.

Madam Muchmoney = Scum
It should be a crime to vote me. It's a crime that Howie hasn't rescinded his blasphemies yet.

The other game has people talking so I want to talk too. How are you, Sweet Pete?

I know this was in the RVS stage, but I don't like how your reasoning for your activity was "other people are active too."

Any town member would be active because they should be active, keeping the game alive, scumhunting, etc.
I agree with your second sentence, but it is important to note that at that point in time only three people had posted and been making random votes. I noticed the other game being more active and got bored/wanted to keep up, but not having much to discuss I attempted to get something going with that post. Needless to say it didn't have the desired effect-until now maybe as you responded to my question of "How are you?" just now and it feels like you're answering it just now to, as you did mention yourself, "to end it all politely."
avatar
Madam Muchmoney

Posts : 34
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Madam Muchmoney on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Also @Pete, what kind of reaction were you expecting with “scum partner found give me mvp” that would be meaningful? Like what kind of reactions do you think would come from town or scum specifically?
avatar
Madam Muchmoney

Posts : 34
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Howie M. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 am

Busy shit happened to me irl, I thought this game would explode, then... 3 pages? I understand I've been part of the problem but I'm attending to this now when I have free time and then what? No one else except for like 4 other people are talking?

I'll go read the pitiful few posts this game has created, I hope that the inactives can start getting into the game before it just dies. I've been looking forward to an anon game ever since the previous I did happened, and I really don't want to see it just turn out terribly.

Hopefully aj manages to find enough subs.
avatar
Howie M.

Posts : 16
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Howie M. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:02 am

lowkey feeling scumvibes off Master Fisherman, the things he chose to focus on, namely some RVS BS, seems like such a trivial thing when viewed in the grand scheme of things.

I'm usually an advocator for Quality > Quantity but at this point of the game, most forms of analysis is bound to be at best absolute trash and at worst scummy filler, we should be pushing for quantity now, since we kinda obviously have a big issue with that and quality doesn't really matter if there's no quantity (kinda like how anything multiplied by 0 is 0, if we have none of either we're fucked).

To clarify, the reason I disliked Master Fisherman's post is because it just seems like the kind of thing you'd post in RVS for that postcount, the content is deceivingly minimal for what seems to be game-related talk, "This is RVS filler, it could be normal RVS filler or it could be RVS filler with a meaning" is how I read his post and I think anyone can see an issue with that.

I'm gonna leave that aside for now though since I'm probably going to start pushing on a lurker because god damn we can't have 5 people in a 13-player game active.

Pete's entrance seems town tone-wise but that's negligible currently because we're all basically town until people start talking.

avatar
Howie M.

Posts : 16
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Howie M. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 am

Vote Rory

mb I lied it's a 9 player setup
avatar
Howie M.

Posts : 16
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Pete S. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Madam Muchmoney wrote:
Pete S. wrote:

Madam Muchmoney wrote:
Pete S. wrote:Lynch Madam Muchmoney

Wants to buy way into heaven, therefore knows they're going to hell.

Only people in this game going to hell are scum because they commit crimes.

Madam Muchmoney = Scum
It should be a crime to vote me. It's a crime that Howie hasn't rescinded his blasphemies yet.

The other game has people talking so I want to talk too. How are you, Sweet Pete?

I know this was in the RVS stage, but I don't like how your reasoning for your activity was "other people are active too."

Any town member would be active because they should be active, keeping the game alive, scumhunting, etc.

I agree with your second sentence, but it is important to note that at that point in time only three people had posted and been making random votes. I noticed the other game being more active and got bored/wanted to keep up, but not having much to discuss I attempted to get something going with that post. Needless to say it didn't have the desired effect-until now maybe as you responded to my question of "How are you?" just now and it feels like you're answering it just now to, as you did mention yourself, "to end it all politely."

I've bolded the parts of the quote where you absolutely lost me, please expand on this. Otherwise; That's fair.

Madam Muchmoney wrote:Also @Pete, what kind of reaction were you expecting with “scum partner found give me mvp” that would be meaningful? Like  what kind of reactions do you think would come from town or scum specifically?

Well, the plan was to illicit a reaction from both of you and judge based on that, scum reactions would be similar to what pressure lynches got from Anita B. a while back.

avatar
Pete S.

Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Madam Muchmoney on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Anita was something of an...anomaly, but I understand your thought process.

What I meant with the bolded was that I wanted to see how you'd react to the question of "how are you". If, for example, you immediately went "that's filler" and lynched for it then that would be a sign of opportunism. But you didn't react to it at all so I wasn't able to form much of an opinion using that. In your last post you did react to it, but it looks more like you included it just for politeness and to mitigate the seriousness of the rest of your post.

@Howie can you talk to me some about your Master Fisherman read? You say we're all town but then have a scumlean on Master Fisherman, and then you lynch Rory instead. I guess I just don't understand the train of thought here.
avatar
Madam Muchmoney

Posts : 34
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by ajhockeystar on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Votecount 1.3
******************************

Autumn F.(2)- Isis A., Galea R.
Madam Muchmoney(1)- Pete S.
Isis A.(1)- Madam Muchmoney
Rory M.(1)- Howie M.
Howie M.(0)-
Charlene W.(0)-
Galea R.(0)-
Master Fisherman(0)-
Pete S.(0)-
Not Voting(4)- Autumn F., Charlene W., Master Fisherman, Rory M.
******************************
There are 9 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 13th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Autumn F. would be lynched.


Last edited by ajhockeystar on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 969
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Pete S. on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Ok that's a perfectly fine explanation of the situation, but admittedly I think just going for one quote is kinda sketch, and that there are better ways to do it.

Also, you didn't answer my question...

Unlynch Madam Muchmoney

Lynch Isis A.

Target #2
avatar
Pete S.

Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Madam Muchmoney on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 am

Pete S. wrote:Ok that's a perfectly fine explanation of the situation, but admittedly I think just going for one quote is kinda sketch, and that there are better ways to do it.

Also, you didn't answer my question...

Unlynch Madam Muchmoney

Lynch Isis A.

Target #2
Which is why I'm not really factoring it in that much, but I still felt I should mention it. What was the question, exactly?
avatar
Madam Muchmoney

Posts : 34
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Pete S. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:26 am

Madam Muchmoney wrote:
Pete S. wrote:Ok that's a perfectly fine explanation of the situation, but admittedly I think just going for one quote is kinda sketch, and that there are better ways to do it.

Also, you didn't answer my question...

Unlynch Madam Muchmoney

Lynch Isis A.

Target #2
Which is why I'm not really factoring it in that much, but I still felt I should mention it. What was the question, exactly?

I asked "how about you?", it was just filler; but it's nice to know how everyone's doing anyways
avatar
Pete S.

Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Madam Muchmoney on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Oh! I'm good! Everyone should answer this question.

This is the last time I can be online before deadline Sad and I'm kind of worried that the people we're lynching haven't said very much. But at the same time there's nobody active who I scumread to the point of being willing to lynch them today.

I do see that Rory is online. What do you think?
avatar
Madam Muchmoney

Posts : 34
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Rory M. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:51 pm

I have a few thoughts regarding who to send to heaven. I find that there is no use to distinguish between helpful players or townie players. Since everyone in this game have an incentive to appear as townie as they can, it is hard to identify whether the townie person is actually town, as there are many cases of mafia "town leaders" in the past. I propose, simply, that we just send whoever we agree is the towniest to heaven, no matter if they have the highest activity or is the one keeping town alive. This is because that they can still dictate the game in cases of a judgement day. Even though town might lose a strong contributor, it removes the complexity of identifying who has good reads/bad reads, helpful/unhelpful and other things that the mafias could easily pose as.

Now that I have said my thought on the heaven thing, I do have some reads on the players so far. I disagree by the way, @Howie, that analysis in the early game can only be absolute trash at best because in the early game there is no pressure for the mafias to act a certain way and it is easier to see people intentions rather than in the mid-end game where they are being forced to blend in with the town to win the game. Anyways,

Autumn, Charlene, Isis do not have non-filler posts, so will be skipping them for now.

Galea: I like her posts and I think she suggests good ideas, but I don't think she really thought her analysis through. For example, I like that she brings up the point that maybe we shouldn't send the towniest player to heaven, but she suggests sending people with terrible reads to heaven instead - even though the people sent to heaven could still impact the game. To me, it gives an impression that she is wanting to appear as townie as possible by suggesting strategies, but did not give her ideas much thought. This seems slightly scummy to me as it seems she just wants to appear townie, but not pushing her thoughts all the way through. In the end, she just agrees with the "yeah we'll do it later in the game" which to me seems like she didn't intend for the strategy to be used in the first place. This quote of hers:

" What do you think of the strategy I proposed (take note of Howie & MM's suggestions, e.g. using the system later and not sending a completely suboptimal choice over a good one as well)"

also seems to be that she is trying to become a town leader, which I think is scary. Now, I know she might just be trying to start a discussion which I understand and respect, but there is something about her play style that is scummy to me. She is currently scummy to me, but it is too early to call. I just want to type this out as an idea and see if you guys agree/disagree with me.

Howie: Nothing so far screams to me suggests that Howie is scum. He makes good posts, I particularly liked his read on master fisherman. Yes, he claims that it is obvious, but I still like that he scrutinizes a player in the game early on, whereas I believed mafias are more focused on the "big picture" in the early game (i.e. letting town do its thing). Neutral - Townie

Madam Muchmoney: I feel that madam muchmoney's posts are genuine. She really seems to think her strategy through, and contributes with her own solid thoughts, such as suggesting to treat this game as a white flag setup. She seems to go above and beyond, something that a mafia wouldn't do. Her ideas are also solid, such as replying to Galea's suggestion, saying we shouldn't send people with bad reads to heaven because they can still impact the game. These posts seem townie to me. Townie

Master Fisherman: His posts are kinda weird to me. Firstly, he seems to focus on Isis' lynch and Pete's filler, when there are other inactives who also fillers a lot. He then comes up with 3 scumreads "within a few minutes", without explaining much further. It is interesting to me that she chooses to ignore Autumn, which leads to me to think that he didn't read the game through very well. I would definitely want to see more of his posts. Scummy

Pete: I think his posts in general are overall townie and nothing to me seems scummy. Yes, there are filler posts, but he seems to be interacting with other players and trying to get information from them which I think is townie. Nothing much to say yet, but hey, it's the early game. Neutral-Town

These reads aren't the best (fine, @Howie) and maybe too over reliant on how I think the scum usually play, but it is my thought on the game at the moment. I want to know what you guys think about it.
avatar
Rory M.

Posts : 8
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Rory M. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Lynch Master Fisherman

I think he is the best lynch at the moment, reasons above. Sorry if that post is over long and repeats itself a lot, I want to get it done in one session.
avatar
Rory M.

Posts : 8
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Howie M. on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Lynch Isis A.

I can see Rory being active
avatar
Howie M.

Posts : 16
Join date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 33: Purgatory

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum