Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:15 am

I'll probably break a quote tag if I try splitting things up. I'm sorry.

I think both of us have mentioned Mafia not being able to fruit and kill in the same night, but it is in the link to the theme.

With the Anima who didn't confirm though I think that's just speculation. It's the confirmation phase, not confirming does nothing to advance scum's agenda. I think it's more likely that there was a real life reason that prevented Anima from staying on long enough to confirm, especially if she didn't speak in the hydra chat as the other Anima mentioned.

Mafia should in theory be playing optimally, but I understand the point you make regarding Jeremiah there. However, it was again in pregame, which is always full of joking around. I can think of other cases in pregames where people have joked like this (I can recall someone from the last games saying something like "time to wreck this town-I mean scum") but I wouldn't take it seriously.

What I'm referring to with the last part:
Cherry P. wrote:nah i lynched you because i did it at the start of the game and I don't like not following through
i dont really understand the point of the fruit either

shifting your vote is fine and i doubt people even care (maybe i'm wrong)

legitimate fos on anima though, i don't like that one of them came on and didn't confirm (strikes me as strange)
I didn't really have that much of a problem with this on its own. My current understanding is that you were responding to what Jeremiah proposed about your vote being an omgus.

Cherry P. wrote:
Jeremiah W. wrote:FoSing someone who hasn't even posted anything related to the game is kinda weird.
You timed your lynch really weirdly, so it seemed like it was OMGUS and pre-game lynching =/= You have to follow that lynch during the game.

This is a really weird slot, that I would appreciate more pressure on.
im aware, its something i personally like to do
timing isnt really my fault since i lynched as soon as i got on a computer and read the game post-game start
Here Jeremiah continued the discussion on that, and you answered with how it was just a matter of playstyle and "something you personally like to do", which still didn't ping me.

Cherry P. wrote:oh yeah i remember now the reason i planned on lynching you pre-game start, jeremiah, was that whichever one of you jokingly said that they shouldn't be too scummy so that they don't get lynched looked bad to me due to an excessive amount of self-awareness.
why i see that as negative is that town who are like this can hold back from saying useful info because they're afraid that they could be seen as scummy for their thought process and thus useful discussion that could have occurred was stifled.
i see it as scummy because scum tend to look over all of their posts and do their best to make sure that they don't look bad, and even talking about that in a joking manner does convey this self-awareness /self-censorship/whatever
This is the post that feels off to me, regardless of if I agree with the reasoning or not. If this was the reasoning for your original vote, why not mention it when Jeremiah asked you about it or even when making the original vote? I see it as a form of self-consciousness because I can see scum being worried about looking like they're omgusing and thus thought that once Jeremiah started discussing the possibility of omgus you started looking for ways to place reasoning behind it and thus call it not omgus.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:36 am

oh its just literally me remembering that at that point
i had been thinking about it while in class and i wanted to go on a whole schpeel about this because its not good for people to do but i completely forgot, so remembering was pretty important to me
like there was a reason i "lynched" jeremiah at the start and that was it
i also have a very bad habit of posting things in streams as the thoughts come to me (which is why that post came later and why i had four posts in a row)
i cant really debate whether its self-consciousness or me not remembering my original reasoning until then since its more a matter of viewpoint than anything but ive done my best to explain what i did /why i did it
dont worry about the quote issue i can manage
the other part response coming in next post
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:41 am

I'm not able to respond at the moment, but I'm still Semi-here and able to read things.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:43 am

Emmy A. wrote:
I think both of us have mentioned Mafia not being able to fruit and kill in the same night, but it is in the link to the theme.

With the Anima who didn't confirm though I think that's just speculation. It's the confirmation phase, not confirming does nothing to advance scum's agenda. I think it's more likely that there was a real life reason that prevented Anima from staying on long enough to confirm, especially if she didn't speak in the hydra chat as the other Anima mentioned.

Mafia should in theory be playing optimally, but I understand the point you make regarding Jeremiah there. However, it was again in pregame, which is always full of joking around. I can think of other cases in pregames where people have joked like this (I can recall someone from the last games saying something like "time to wreck this town-I mean scum") but I wouldn't take it seriously.
Reading is hard, especially for me
I mean it doesn't advance scum's agenda in anyways, and I guess thats the likely option. Confirming is pretty easy and afknima not doing so struck me as strange.
pregame may be full of joking around but its still a good way to see people's thought process/posting style. I also mentioned that regardless of it being a joke or not I still felt the same way about it (or something like that)
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:08 am

Ugh, I thought I was starting off a clean slate.. AJ you despicable....(beep).


Ok, so I am the the jerk that replaced the other jerk. However I am a much kinder jerk that will not filler, so I hope you all grow accustomed to me as we play this game. Since I am tired, I will read what has been posted and my private message tomorrow.

Sidenote: Wasn't even planning to post until tomorrow but curiosity has gotten the better of me.
avatar
Halsey N.

Posts : 210
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:12 am

So I READ THE RULES (Now, since none of you will read the rules if I edit them since most of you have seen them before, I'm gonna put the modified rules caused by the Hydras below (they're actually important and can change things, so please read them)) In your face aj...

Ok so another person will be using my account. I still do not take my words back, that person is an obvious jerk, but I will stop calling him that from now on so we can work together.
avatar
Halsey N.

Posts : 210
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:12 am

Well is using our account.
avatar
Halsey N.

Posts : 210
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:15 am

Well oops (read part of the rules only) "People sharing an account, when posting, cannot state which of the two they are. "I'm the first poster, the one that made the read list with X as scum"

heh heh heh...

From this point on you will not know which ass will post in this account.
avatar
Halsey N.

Posts : 210
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:11 am

I thought of a way to actually break this game btw

Clara H. ---> Halsey N. --->Shepherd D. ---> Anima V. ---> Caroline M. ---> Dr. Proctor ---> Emmy A. ---> Infernando G. ---> Jeremiah W. ---> Kimmy S. ---> Cherry P. (and back to Clara H. obv)

Since mafia cannot pass a fruit and kill at the same time, this gives us a town win (let me explain).

So everybody BUT 1 person will pass a fruit (the mafia who kills). So whoever here does not get their own fruit (other than the person who doesn't get their fruit due to the one that was supposed to give them their fruit died) is mafia.

If everybody claims to have gotten a fruit, (excluding the person that didnt get the fruit because the passer died obv). Then we will make another chain that mixes up everybody in another order that makes everybody not have the same fruit passers again.

Like this, we get mafia since the person that does not get their fruit from a person that is alive will thus be mafia.
avatar
Halsey N.

Posts : 210
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Jeremiah W. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 am

Halsey N. wrote:I thought of a way to actually break this game btw

Clara H. ---> Halsey N. --->Shepherd D. ---> Anima V. ---> Caroline M. ---> Dr. Proctor ---> Emmy A. ---> Infernando G. ---> Jeremiah W. ---> Kimmy S. ---> Cherry P. (and back to Clara H. obv)

Since mafia cannot pass a fruit and kill at the same time, this gives us a town win (let me explain).

So everybody BUT 1 person will pass a fruit (the mafia who kills). So whoever here does not get their own fruit (other than the person who doesn't get their fruit due to the one that was supposed to give them their fruit died) is mafia.

If everybody claims to have gotten a fruit, (excluding the person that didnt get the fruit because the passer died obv). Then we will make another chain that mixes up everybody in another order that makes everybody not have the same fruit passers again.

Like this, we get mafia since the person that does not get their fruit from a person that is alive will thus be mafia.

We've discussed this already, but I'll post a little TL;DR here. Mafia can choose not to kill and just have both of them give fruit. All the fruit vendors are 2-shot, so if mafia just no-kills for 2 nights then it's back to plain vanilla.

The fruit is definitely an advantage for town, but it in no way straight up "breaks" the game.
avatar
Jeremiah W.

Posts : 54
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Cherry P. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:40 am

Unlynch Jeremiah, lynch Halsey
I hope I don't have to explain this one.
if i do ill do it tomorrow im tired
avatar
Cherry P.

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Clara H. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:53 am

First of all: Stop scumhunting on pregame shit, nothing you have brought up is vaulabke in the slightest

Second of all: I'm 100% Down for this strategy. So we don't confuse people, we will go Down the PL, in the order Hasley stated

1 thing I'd like to say is that if we decide to lynch today the person behind the guy who gets lynched should target the next person, but that's just common sense
avatar
Clara H.

Posts : 49
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Clara H. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:55 am

As far as Cherry goes, I don't think scum would be daring enough to say they have daytalk, especially when neither side do. And Cherry, I would love to see a reason for it as it is past RVS stage
avatar
Clara H.

Posts : 49
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Caroline M. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 am

Wow I really do like a fruitful day 1 (pun intended). Although anima explained the dazzling scenarios which could happen as a result of mafia actions, mafia are also reading this thread and so it's fairly obvious which scenario they are gonna go for. It also means "messing up" is intolerable because it can completely crash the whole plan, therefore "messing up" should imo be considered a scumpoint.

Cherry P. wrote:
Emmy A. wrote:
I think both of us have mentioned Mafia not being able to fruit and kill in the same night, but it is in the link to the theme.

With the Anima who didn't confirm though I think that's just speculation. It's the confirmation phase, not confirming does nothing to advance scum's agenda. I think it's more likely that there was a real life reason that prevented Anima from staying on long enough to confirm, especially if she didn't speak in the hydra chat as the other Anima mentioned.

Mafia should in theory be playing optimally, but I understand the point you make regarding Jeremiah there. However, it was again in pregame, which is always full of joking around. I can think of other cases in pregames where people have joked like this (I can recall someone from the last games saying something like "time to wreck this town-I mean scum") but I wouldn't take it seriously.
Reading is hard, especially for me
I mean it doesn't advance scum's agenda in anyways, and I guess thats the likely option. Confirming is pretty easy and afknima not doing so struck me as strange.
pregame may be full of joking around but its still a good way to see people's thought process/posting style. I also mentioned that regardless of it being a joke or not I still felt the same way about it (or something like that)

You say that pregame is good for seeing people's thought process or posting style. Now both of these depend very much on the personality of the player which makes these aspects NAI and are only important if you see a sudden change in someone's posting style. However this is hard to spot in a hydra due to 2 players to 1 account. Therefore we can see pregame info doesnt help much when trying to find the mafia. You said yourself that confirming is easy and so surely mafia wont have any trouble doing such an easy task if it means making themself look less scummy? Also jeremiah is clearly self-aware that he is making a joke so theres no way of telling if he is being self-aware about his role, but your extrapolation when you said "this may mean he will hold back info" or something like that should have been saved when you have an actual case where you suspect he is holding back info. Now if jeremiah was planning to hold back info, he will make sure that his posts seem like he will not. This is why early extrapolation of pre-game info is useless imo. You also mention that scumhunting is looking for points where someone messed up that could lead to them being mafia, which is true, but it seems more likely that the joke jeremiah made was intentional rather than a slip.

Cherry P. wrote:Unlynch Jeremiah, lynch Halsey
I hope I don't have to explain this one.
if i do ill do it tomorrow im tired

Yes you will have to explain this one because your lynch just makes you seem lynch happy. It's true that he posted like 4 or so unnecessarily then posted something that has already been mentioned (which is definitely something that needs an explanation from him) however any lynch should also explain why that makes him the mafia and not just jump on someone and expect everyone to guess what your reason was. Obviously others, including myself, may have an idea why he could be mafia but you're the one who lynched and so your explanation is necessary.

A couple of other things, shepherd lynched doc proc and unlynched after doc proc lynched cherry. Like straight away. What was it about "RVS" that made you believe the proccy doc wasnt the scum you were looking for? He also asked what cherry thinks in that same post presumably because of doccy P's lynch, but cherry just decided to "follow up on her pre-game lynch" while completely ignoring shepherd's question. I am not quite sure what this could mean but I think it is worth an explanation.
avatar
Caroline M.

Posts : 77
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Shepherd D. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:13 am

The fruit strategy seems like it won't be entirely fruitless, but we must note that mafia could just idle kill every night and continue to fruit. At the most, it eliminates mafia's kill mechanic, but it won't entirely win the game unless mafia is dumb. And about the RVS, I'm not very strict with RVS, I prefer to lynch and if they don't even react to the RVS then I move on from them. I would've been happy if Cherry would've told me her thoughts though.
avatar
Shepherd D.

Posts : 56
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Halsey N. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am

Ok so, uh I don't know about the strategy I suggested, it seems to be pointless like shepherd and jeremiah said, so i think this theme is better off treated like vanilla as far as scumhunting goes.
I'm also not good at fruit puns.
P.S: Anima, if you were a fruit, you'd be a fineapple
avatar
Halsey N.

Posts : 210
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:58 am

Anima V. wrote:I can't really say much in defense of my partner ;;
They haven't said anything in the quicktopic atm either

One thing I realized about this setup is that nobody is forced to send fruit during the game. The best way to use fruit, then, is to force everyone to use it; what do you all think about creating daisy chains for the first 2 nights?
If somebody randomizes all of our names into a ring, and we fruit the person next in the chain. wouldn't we guarantee two free nights with no kill, barring the scumpartners are next to each other on the daisy chain?
I'm going to try to simulate the possible scenarios that arise when we make this daisy chain:
Scenario A: scum decide not to kill for 2 nights. Great! We get 2 nights free of charge and have more lynches at our hands, and then play regular vanilla for the rest of the game.
Scenario B: one of the two scum decided to nk the person next to them in the chain. Everybody would receive fruit, so the killer must be the person that was supposed to fruit the dead target, unless the two scum were adjacent to each other. (I'll get back to this scenario later).  Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
A third scenario involves scum killing someone other than the person next in the daisy chain. Since the killing scum wouldn't be able to send fruit, the person in front of the killing scum wouldn't receive fruit. The second non-killing scum could make up for that by sending fruit to the person in front of the killing scum, but that would still leave one person with no fruit; the person behind the person claiming no fruit must be scum, regardless of whether they killed or not. I don't think this is a play scum would make in any circumstance. (Again, correct me if I'm wrong.)
I also considered scum lying about receiving fruit, but this is also no play in my opinion; all this does is create a 1v1 between the person who claims to have sent fruit, and the scum who lied about receiving any fruit.
The final scenario is simply when the two scum are adjacent in the daisy chain; this is simply bad luck; everyone would receive fruit, and somebody dies in the process. It would also look exactly like the same scenario as when scum kills the person in front of them in the daisy chain. If somebody is nightkilled and everybody claims to have received fruit, we then lynch the person behind the n1 victim; if they are scum, great! The second scum could be anywhere in the chain. If they aren't scum, we know that the two scum are adjacent to each other in the daisy chain, which is invaluable information in itself.

I have some other things to say about what should happen when day 2 starts, but I'd like that information hidden at this point. If anyone sees any loopholes in this plan that scum could potentially take advantage of, let me know.

Scenario A: scum decide not to kill for 2 nights. Great! We get 2 nights free of charge and have more lynches at our hands, and then play regular vanilla for the rest of the game.

So the gameplan is to fruit the person next to you, right? So let's just do four people in this scenario, A, B, C, and D. A is the mafia, and therefore cannot fruit B, which B fruited C and C fruited D and D fruited A. If B dies, then the obvious mafia would be A since D got a fruit and is clear, while A/D would be scum (since player A can fake not getting a fruit, but this would be an optimal scenario since one of the two would 100% be scum). If C dies, D would be clear since B claims he didn't get fruit. If D dies, then C would be clear. For this scenario, this would work.

Now with two mafia, since that's what the theme is. As my other part said, yeah, the only way would be scum being right next to each other on the playerlist, but this is REALLY UNLIKELY (1/110 chance I think). I propose that if we want to do this setup, we switch directions one of the times so that this unlikely scenario is completely rid of (so we don't accidentally just clear scum which would be horrendous).

Playing the game with just no kill would pretty much be a Semi-Nightless 11p setup. To be honest, I'd rather do this around a rose thing on day 2/3 or 3/4, since playing this semi-nightless doesn't reach the potential of how good town can be in this setup. Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless there's an universal town read, I would say do this method later, as everyone is only two-shot which makes our chances with this method very limited.

More thoughts coming later.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:02 pm

By the way, is there a way to ISO on this forum?
If so, please tell me. That would be extremely useful.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Cherry P. wrote:oh yeah i remember now the reason i planned on lynching you pre-game start, jeremiah, was that whichever one of you jokingly said that they shouldn't be too scummy so that they don't get lynched looked bad to me due to an excessive amount of self-awareness.
why i see that as negative is that town who are like this can hold back from saying useful info because they're afraid that they could be seen as scummy for their thought process and thus useful discussion that could have occurred was stifled.
i see it as scummy because scum tend to look over all of their posts and do their best to make sure that they don't look bad, and even talking about that in a joking manner does convey this self-awareness /self-censorship/whatever

Cherry P. wrote:The former was an explanation as to why I wasn't bandwagoning (despite my terrible timing) and the latter was explaining why I actually had the original "lynch" on jeremiah. The "something i personally like to do" is acknowledging that jeremiah's point is entirely valid but still saying that I personally want to follow up on a pre-lynch, regardless of the reasons I have (valid or not)
not seeing the connection to what I did and the example you provided, could you match up specific posts/words to what you're saying?

Cherry P. wrote:oh its just literally me remembering that at that point
i had been thinking about it while in class and i wanted to go on a whole schpeel about this because its not good for people to do but i completely forgot, so remembering was pretty important to me
like there was a reason i "lynched" jeremiah at the start and that was it
i also have a very bad habit of posting things in streams as the thoughts come to me (which is why that post came later and why i had four posts in a row)
i cant really debate whether its self-consciousness or me not remembering my original reasoning until then since its more a matter of viewpoint than anything but ive done my best to explain what i did /why i did it
dont worry about the quote issue i can manage
the other part response coming in next post

This is the second half of Emma (the person who has the previous posts), and I can't exactly answer all the questions you are sending at my other counterpart. However, I do have a comment; How come your so caught up into this "reasons I lynched Jeremiah" thing? Why do you feel the need to have to explain your RVS lynch? I may be missing something, if you would like to elaborate, that would be great.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Halsey N. wrote:Well oops (read part of the rules only) "People sharing an account, when posting, cannot state which of the two they are. "I'm the first poster, the one that made the read list with X as scum"

heh heh heh...

From this point on you will not know which ass will post in this account.

Oh, crap. I'm not allowed to say which part I am.
Mod, I am extremely sorry. (Also, please confirm this notion.)
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Halsey N. wrote:I thought of a way to actually break this game btw

Clara H. ---> Halsey N. --->Shepherd D. ---> Anima V. ---> Caroline M. ---> Dr. Proctor ---> Emmy A. ---> Infernando G. ---> Jeremiah W. ---> Kimmy S. ---> Cherry P. (and back to Clara H. obv)

Since mafia cannot pass a fruit and kill at the same time, this gives us a town win (let me explain).

So everybody BUT 1 person will pass a fruit (the mafia who kills). So whoever here does not get their own fruit (other than the person who doesn't get their fruit due to the one that was supposed to give them their fruit died) is mafia.

If everybody claims to have gotten a fruit, (excluding the person that didnt get the fruit because the passer died obv). Then we will make another chain that mixes up everybody in another order that makes everybody not have the same fruit passers again.

Like this, we get mafia since the person that does not get their fruit from a person that is alive will thus be mafia.

Not sure if this is a noob being a noob or mafia trying to townslip, but for now I slightly town read them for their escatic tone (and looking like they actually thought they broke the game). Also look at what Jeremiah said @Whoever this is.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:30 pm

Caroline M. wrote:Wow I really do like a fruitful day 1 (pun intended). Although anima explained the dazzling scenarios which could happen as a result of mafia actions, mafia are also reading this thread and so it's fairly obvious which scenario they are gonna go for. It also means "messing up" is intolerable because it can completely crash the whole plan, therefore "messing up" should imo be considered a scumpoint.

Cherry P. wrote:
Emmy A. wrote:
I think both of us have mentioned Mafia not being able to fruit and kill in the same night, but it is in the link to the theme.

With the Anima who didn't confirm though I think that's just speculation. It's the confirmation phase, not confirming does nothing to advance scum's agenda. I think it's more likely that there was a real life reason that prevented Anima from staying on long enough to confirm, especially if she didn't speak in the hydra chat as the other Anima mentioned.

Mafia should in theory be playing optimally, but I understand the point you make regarding Jeremiah there. However, it was again in pregame, which is always full of joking around. I can think of other cases in pregames where people have joked like this (I can recall someone from the last games saying something like "time to wreck this town-I mean scum") but I wouldn't take it seriously.
Reading is hard, especially for me
I mean it doesn't advance scum's agenda in anyways, and I guess thats the likely option. Confirming is pretty easy and afknima not doing so struck me as strange.
pregame may be full of joking around but its still a good way to see people's thought process/posting style. I also mentioned that regardless of it being a joke or not I still felt the same way about it (or something like that)

You say that pregame is good for seeing people's thought process or posting style. Now both of these depend very much on the personality of the player which makes these aspects NAI and are only important if you see a sudden change in someone's posting style. However this is hard to spot in a hydra due to 2 players to 1 account. Therefore we can see pregame info doesnt help much when trying to find the mafia. You said yourself that confirming is easy and so surely mafia wont have any trouble doing such an easy task if it means making themself look less scummy? Also jeremiah is clearly self-aware that he is making a joke so theres no way of telling if he is being self-aware about his role, but your extrapolation when you said "this may mean he will hold back info" or something like that should have been saved when you have an actual case where you suspect he is holding back info. Now if jeremiah was planning to hold back info, he will make sure that his posts seem like he will not. This is why early extrapolation of pre-game info is useless imo. You also mention that scumhunting is looking for points where someone messed up that could lead to them being mafia, which is true, but it seems more likely that the joke jeremiah made was intentional rather than a slip.

Cherry P. wrote:Unlynch Jeremiah, lynch Halsey
I hope I don't have to explain this one.
if i do ill do it tomorrow im tired

Yes you will have to explain this one because your lynch just makes you seem lynch happy. It's true that he posted like 4 or so unnecessarily then posted something that has already been mentioned (which is definitely something that needs an explanation from him) however any lynch should also explain why that makes him the mafia and not just jump on someone and expect everyone to guess what your reason was. Obviously others, including myself, may have an idea why he could be mafia but you're the one who lynched and so your explanation is necessary.

A couple of other things, shepherd lynched doc proc and unlynched after doc proc lynched cherry. Like straight away. What was it about "RVS" that made you believe the proccy doc wasnt the scum you were looking for? He also asked what cherry thinks in that same post presumably because of doccy P's lynch, but cherry just decided to "follow up on her pre-game lynch" while completely ignoring shepherd's question. I am not quite sure what this could mean but I think it is worth an explanation.

Stole my words. I'd have to agree with the notion that Cherry is acting lynch-happy, but personally I don't mind being lynch happy in RVS; just at one point, RVS has to stop. I feel more concerned with the fact they felt the need to defend their RVS lynch, which just seems really weird. If your not considering this now to be RVS (Cherry), then why immediately jump a lynch with no reasoning? If you do consider this to be RVS, then why feel the need to defend your lynch?

Clara H. wrote:First of all: Stop scumhunting on pregame shit, nothing you have brought up is vaulabke in the slightest

Second of all: I'm 100% Down for this strategy. So we don't confuse people, we will go Down the PL, in the order Hasley stated

1 thing I'd like to say is that if we decide to lynch today the person behind the guy who gets lynched should target the next person, but that's just common sense

Clara H. wrote:As far as Cherry goes, I don't think scum would be daring enough to say they have daytalk, especially when neither side do. And Cherry, I would love to see a reason for it as it is past RVS stage

You realize that the people who scumhunt on pregame shit (myself included) aren't actually scumhunting on pregame shit; instead, we are trying to get people to talk and fishing reactions (well, this is me). Why do you dislike this form of RVS?

I don't like how they contradict themselves in their next post, either. The only person that has been "quote, scumhunting" on pre-game stuff is Cherry, yet Clara says Cherry is most likely town for not thinking scum would be daring enough to say they have daytalk. This is furthermore worse when this is literally all the comments this player has on the game. Maybe a lack of interest, but this entrance post is scummy IMO.

Final thoughts:
FOS: Cherry P., Clara H.
Slight Town Read: Hasley, Caroline M.
Definitely Town: Emmy A.
Null: Everyone else.

For now, I'll stay on Cherry until further notice.
When is deadline @mod, and will we have extends? I don't want day one just to be us RVSing and waiting for people to be active.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Clara H. wrote:As far as Cherry goes, I don't think scum would be daring enough to say they have daytalk, especially when neither side do. And Cherry, I would love to see a reason for it as it is past RVS stage
If scum don't have daytalk, what does it mean that Cherry said she did? Basically: if Cherry is town she still doesn't have daytalk, so I don't think her saying she has it means anything for her alignment.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm also not sure what to make of Halsey's posts. I too want to hear more about Cherry's lynch on him since she kind of just dropped her read on Jeremiah like a hot potato. I'm pretty sure him thinking he was subbing in as opposed to being in a hydra doesn't mean anything, but the way he wanted to "break the setup" on entry after someone else mentioned how that was a towntell makes me wonder if it's genuine.

I have a question for Shepherd based on his response: if you usually move on to someone else, why didn't you lynch someone else after unvoting Doc Proc? Also, since there are two Proctors, why not wait for responses from both?
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Emmy A. on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Halsey N. wrote:Ok so, uh I don't know about the strategy I suggested, it seems to be pointless like shepherd and jeremiah said, so i think this theme is better off treated like vanilla as far as scumhunting goes.
I'm also not good at fruit puns.
P.S: Anima, if you were a fruit, you'd be a fineapple
This is interesting. It may not break the game entirely, but it can still render the game Semi-Nightless. Why step back from it now, especially when there are others (myself, Anima, Jeremiah I think actually) who see the apPEAL?
P.S: Anima's avatar is still scary.
avatar
Emmy A.

Posts : 140
Join date : 2017-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 32: Farmer's Hydra

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum