Game 29: Guess Who?

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More broken quote tags?

Post by Penelope C. on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:45 am

Kylan R. wrote:Existence and activity at an all time low. I hopped on an hour after D1 ended, and the Anita flip was as obvious as they come. Activity lynches would make sense if subs didn't exist, but seeing as how they do, neither me or Rodman really should be on the block.

PJ should receive the lynch today simply because of the opening statement from scum, being a self claim. I'm gonna do an iso as my next post, as well as talk about any questions directed towards me

This was from Kylan #1, so I'm not going to ask Kylan #2 to explain it unless they want to. The bolded part is the one I'm looking at, in which Kylan suggests a lynch on PJ because of a claim from Anita that Kylan prompted to begin with. It may just be LyLo-generated paranoia, but I can see the Jacuzzi iso that follows as Kylan backtracking upon reading back and realizing that he brought up that scumteam combo to begin with. (By the way, the thing I'd mentioned looking for before you subbed in was that your sub only responded when plurality was actually on him. To me it indicated responding to pressure, which I didn't find scummy aside from the fact that there was essentially a solo scumteam who lose automatically if they were lynched.)

The Rodman wrote:Alright so after reading all 7 pages I have some reads.

Town: Rhyanna, Prof. Jacuzzi, and Horatio all come off as town to me due to their apparent seriousness D1 and for the most part supporting the Anita lynch.

Scum: I gotta say Ian because starting from D1 I felt Anita would be scum and when I saw the flip I wasn't surprise. This reads comes off the fact that Ian admits to not scum reading Anita, which I view as possible WIFOM like "mafia wouldn't admit to looking scummy".

Neutral: Everyone else because even if they supported Anita lynch or not they do not come off as town to me.

I've mentioned the problem with the lack of depth in Rodman's reads already. The only thing I'm adding is that Rodman does the same "Anita was obvious" thing.

The Rodman wrote:Please do not base thoughts on anything I said before page 7 because that was someone else. I am a sub for that player.

Probably overanalyzing, but this was something we knew already. I can also see scum!Rodman trying to get people to ignore something he viewed as scummy in his sub's actions.

The Rodman wrote:IDK how scum would frame me if I was the one looking at  Sanpei as scum. And I agree with how it's surprising that Rhyanna has not died considering they are the most townie out of anyone to me. As for today, I will not lynch yet because I am deciding between Carl and Manning. I rule out Kylan because I cannot actually read him and Horatio is townie to me.

Apparently someone being unreadable rules them out, but that's beside the point. I don't see the purpose of the "IDK how scum would frame me," but your looking at Sanpei as scum was your sole post from the previous day. Your scumread dying also doesn't affect anyone's view of you, so I don't see the point of bringing it up.


Then Kylan subs in, and basically tunnels Carl, which I've brought up. Carl's point about your posts basically being quotes with a sentence or two added still stands. He mentions this and decides to lynch you for it and you basically dismiss it as omgus:

Kylan R. wrote:LOL am i tripping or am i being omgus'd right now

LYNCH CARL. G

honestly this is what needs to happen i didn't really lean either way on Horatio so his flip wasn't a surprise to me, rhyanna and penelope i still do TR for their activity and pushing the game forward with their posts. if carl was to flip scum i'd probably want a full game reread to go over those two and if no change i'd explore the rodman. that's all i have rn

Disregarding the typo, this way of approaching things reads as "if Carl flips town I'm going to tunnel Penelope/Rhyanna, then tunnel Rodman if I don't find anything against them."

These are basically things I haven't mentioned in earlier posts, and it's a frustratingly small amount because of the lack of content in the posts I haven't quoted. And yes, Rodman, I did see you come online while I was going through posts. Please don't continue this lurking today. Even if you don't have reads on either of us (which I doubt), you should at least be trying to defend yourself.
avatar
Penelope C.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-02-26
Location : In the afterlife, trying to rewind 20 minutes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Rhyanna F. on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Mafia, i hate you for not killing me first and letting me finish with a positive number of points even if town lost

good luck townies, glad i don't have to worry about this game anymore!
avatar
Rhyanna F.

Posts : 94
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Manning P. on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:11 pm

oh did i get my bah post yet?

well

bah

gl town
avatar
Manning P.

Posts : 53
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Kylan R. on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:32 am

penelope if ur scum ur brilliant

i want to hear something from Rodman
avatar
Kylan R.

Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Rhyanna F. wrote:That would be Carl.
ATM town->scum for me is:
Rodman -> Sanpei -> Manning -> Penelope -> Carl -> Kylan -> Horatio/PJ

So here Kylan is put at 2nd highest scum read by rhyanna. keep this in mind as i go along

Rhyanna F. wrote:also kylan just got subbed yet was apparently inactive during the night phase, meaning that he couldnt have sent in the kill unless he was subbed in during the night and aj only told us that he was subbed now to prevent suspicion
i could be looking into it way too much but its something to consider

i feel like even i am over analyzing this, but if i read this right, kylan #1 was inactive when rhyanna was on, then kylan #2 sent kill, and finally aj tried to make it look like activity was irrelevant to possible roles.
So um, if thats the case it could be putting kylan as scum in our situation.

Rhyanna F. wrote:Kylan>Penelope>Rodman>Carl is my current town>scum
me not getting nightkilled makes me think rodman COULD be a viable scum but i'm not certain that that's the case since I don't think Anita was smart enough to do a weak bus on day 1

another situation where rhyanna, the most townie had kylan at top lynch priority. In addition, Kylan's locktown reads on rhyanna (and penelope) couldve been an attempt to get on her goodside, even tho it was obvious rhyanna was town (even to me from d1) and the read was redundant.

Rhyanna F. wrote:Anita B. wrote:

I have a town read on Carl G, Rhyanna F., Professor Jacuzzi and Ian S.. Carl G I've had a town read on this entire game, and that's the exact reason I didn't ask him to "come back" like Jacuzzi and Horatio got triggered by. His first post gives him a townish presence, whilst his secondary post is just overall useful towards reads and their reasoning imo. Rhyanna F. has been constantly scumhunting, trying to incite discussion and overall helping town on their way. Jacuzzi whilst he's active has been useful, and created the first "good" post explaining why I'm scum. Ian S. has just been overall helpful this entire game after learning it existed, which is good.

I'm neutral on Sanpei S., because yes he's been jumping and helping discussion, he's very flippant with his lynches and Imo it seems like he doesn't care who dies. I could just be bad though

Rodman is neutral bc I got nothing on him. Manning is also neutral bc he comes back, but doesn't do too much with his comeback post, simply stating reads but not much reasoning for it. However, he doesn't hammer me, which as scum, would've been the easiest thing to do. (Following that logic, I feel like scum has to be someone inactive or already on my lynch)

Horatio A. is p scummy because it feels more like he's just spitting back out reasoning others have used and hasn't done anything much else otherwise. However, I may have missed something.

Accidentally deleted the part where she goes after Penelope but it feels like it's a similar situation with Rodman, where she goes after someone and then switches her target when no other lynches follow. I think Anita was just throwing out a ton of lynches to see what would stick (which means i'm fairly certain Penelope is town too).
it's relevant that both Ian and Carl are moved to the townpile despite not posting anything of use between her last post (where they werent in the townpile) and this one.
She also doesn't mention Kylan. This means one of two things: 1) She forgot about Kylan like the rest of us, or 2) Kylan's her scumpartner and she didn't mention him to avoid there being any connections between the two of them, knowing that we wouldn't be paying much attention since Kylan was basically gone at that point

As Rhyanna points out Anita threw lynches at Penelope and I, while evading Kylan; lynches just to see if people would go for the d1 randlynch bait. While it is very possible Anita did forget about Kylan, it also couldve been in hopes that people didnt take the d1 randlynch bait on their scumpartner.

All this is against Kylan, so later I will backread for stuff on Penelope. Albeit, these give Kylan a pretty good reason to try and get Rhyanna to town read him after all the heavy scumreads, but have to end up killing her after fruitless attempts.

P.S. please correct me if anything is out of context because I did not quote these in chronological order, and yes ik im pretty stupid for that.
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by ajhockeystar on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Votecount 6.1
******************************

Kylan R.(0)
The Rodman(0)-
Penelope C.(0)-
Not Voting(3)- The Rodman, Kylan R., Penelope C.
******************************
There are 3 alive so it takes 2 to hammer. Plurality applies. The town is in LYLO.
Deadline is Wednesday the 5th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Kylan R. would be lynched.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 947
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:45 pm

How ironic how now I am the one waiting for a response Laughing  Basketball
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Kylan R. on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:01 pm

ok im pretty sure its the rodman now
avatar
Kylan R.

Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Why so?
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Penelope C. on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:58 pm

The Rodman wrote:
Rhyanna F. wrote:Kylan>Penelope>Rodman>Carl is my current town>scum
me not getting nightkilled makes me think rodman COULD be a viable scum but i'm not certain that that's the case since I don't think Anita was smart enough to do a weak bus on day 1

another situation where rhyanna, the most townie had kylan at top lynch priority. In addition, Kylan's locktown reads on rhyanna (and penelope) couldve been an attempt to get on her goodside, even tho it was obvious rhyanna was town (even to me from d1) and the read was redundant.

This has Rhyanna townreading Kylan more than anyone else, AKA most likely the lowest lynch priority. I appreciate the effort now, but I'm just pointing this out. I agree on most of your other points, and I'm assuming that a post from the backreading on me is coming.
avatar
Penelope C.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-02-26
Location : In the afterlife, trying to rewind 20 minutes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Oh wow I am absolute trash for not seeing it was town>scum. My apologies, and now I acknowledge that certain point actually works against me.
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Also, I cannot spend anymore of my time today formulating reads because I am overwhelmed with school work. Tomorrow when I am free will be my return.
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:53 pm

As painful as it was, I read through all 15 pages, taking away a good 45 minutes I could've used to do my 3 assignments due tomorrow ( r.i.p. )



Anita B. wrote:Hello folks! Now that we've started, I figure we can just do this properly, after the usual d1 Bs ofc.

So I'd like to see what everyone's thoughts on me lynching Horatio A or Penelope C?

Why would you immediately throw shade on you partner? This is supporting Penelope if/as town

Kylan R. wrote:Anyways Anita and Professor for early scum team.

Lynch Professor Jacuzzi for being a selfquoting scumbag with a much more prophetic beard than I.

Although, Kylan threw some shade at Anita, while actually avoiding the lynch. Kinda sketchy to me, because this can be either supporting Kylan or Penelope, but I would say mostly supporting penelope

Anita B. wrote:
Sanpei S. wrote:You don't just ask us our thoughts on you lynching people.

You lynch them, and then see what we think. God.

Unlynch Professor Jacuzzi, Lynch Anita B.


Asking us to "approve" your lynch seems like a scummy thing to do, no? It's as though you're mafia asking town what to do so you can try to fit in better.

Can confirm I'm Mafia with professor jacuzzi

Lynch Penelope C

Again, Anita actually hit Penelope with a lynch d1 for no reason. I see it pointless for scum to risk people hopping on a random turbo.

Anita B. wrote:
The Rodman wrote:Did you claim mafia partners with Prof. Well I belive it.

Lynch Anita B

Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure your just bandwagoning because turbo.

I say we lynch Penelope C. today bc apparently she's superior to everyone else and I hate egotistical players

Pls do not call me selfish because this kinda helps me out too, but when pressured by me, Anita offered a lynch on Penelope. Why would either: A) Scum lynch partner d1 for towncred or B) Tell a townie to lynch their partner,(or) UNLESS Kylan was their partner, and was directing town to lynch town (if you didnt get the gist either way it put Kylan as scummy)

Anita B. wrote:
Rhyanna F. wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Anita's reactions, btw?

Answer that

Unlynch, Lynch The Rodman

I like Sanpei's reasoning for keeping Penelope alive (egotistical players tend to slip is what I read it as, however I may have missed the meaning)

k so I'm gonna pressure Roddy here, idc if it's omgus.

The Rodman, Why jump on my Lynch?

Also, if this is a bit early but, if I'm not scum, who do you think it is?

I'm going to post a bit more in a minute


Rhyanna F. wrote:the quality of rodman's posts were irrelevant to my townread on him. He lynched anita immediately on day 1, and Anita legitimately tried to go after him (switching to horatio/penelope when this failed). I doubt that they'd both be bussing that hard, which makes me very certain that rodman is town. Try to get past your own biases of him having low quality posts and the point should make sense.

Anita lynched me back (dont even tell me its scum 1v1 bus war) and after  failing to get back on me why would you try and gain traction by getting you partner lynched



Again, pls tell me of any other imperfections. Ik a lot of this refers to d1 but that was the time when scum and rest of the game were actually relative with both partners being  alive. To me Kylan is scum over Penelope but I wanna see what you guys have to say. Not just "Ya Rodman is scum" (kylan). Shocked Shocked
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks for crashing while I was working on this, computer.

Post by Penelope C. on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:40 am

Ya Rodman is scum

Kylan R. wrote:ok im pretty sure its the rodman now
This seems fairly random to me, considering that your read on him seems to extend to "He was defeatist/has links to Anita."

The Rodman wrote:As painful as it was, I read through all 15 pages, taking away a good 45 minutes I could've used to do my 3 assignments due tomorrow ( r.i.p. )
This is going to be counterintuitive to my telling you to not lurk, but please don't risk a reduced grade for the sake of a forum mafia game.

The fact that Rodman has nothing pro-Kylan or anti-Penelope stands out to me because it's reminiscent of the same kind of buddying Rodman theorized that Kylan was trying with Rhyanna. However, this point is pretty much the basis for Rodman's scumread on Kylan as far as I can tell. Incidentally, I see Rodman doing a similar thing with Rhyanna looking through his posts, using phrases like "I agree with Rhyanna" and "Rhyanna is the most townie to me" that just reiterate the town's general opinion on her without explaining his own reasons. The only difference is that Rhyanna was set on Rodman being town, though she did acknowledge near the end of yesterday that the wifom/defeatism made him look bad.
avatar
Penelope C.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-02-26
Location : In the afterlife, trying to rewind 20 minutes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Nah its all good i got em done in time since someome told me one wasn't collected
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:27 pm

And the reason why I am leaning towards Kylan so much is because I couldn't actually find anything bad against Penelope
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:49 pm

ANYONE??? DEADLINE IS TODAY!!! No No
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Penelope C. on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:59 pm

It is. And I'm screaming at myself because I've been (in my opinion) contributing to the inactivity. As far as lynching goes I'm torn because lynching Kylan means he can't show up at the last second to shift plurality off of him, but it also invites an obvious quickhammer if Rodman's scum.

There's very little else for me to comment on, and nothing to reply to aside from saying that Rodman's post after mine reiterates my point. The only other thing I want to see right now is something from Kylan regarding his read on Rodman, because his actions today can be summed up to:

-Being pretty upset about Rodman's defeatism (I think anyone would be)
-Mentioning a couple of reasons against both remaining players but not pursuing anything as far as pressuring goes
-Pretty much vanishing once I discussed the possibility of him being scum
-Apparently concluding that Rodman is scum after Rodman's only new action was scumreading him, but mentioning nothing further.

The last point is the one I want clarification on, but the others make Kylan a bit scummier and I can't tell if he's trying the same "Get on Penelope's good side" thing I theorized about Rodman earlier. (I'm thinking too highly of myself, yes. Also wow, time snuck up on me and I had to hurry to finish this post.)
avatar
Penelope C.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-02-26
Location : In the afterlife, trying to rewind 20 minutes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Penelope C. on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:33 pm

And I'm back (this thing took less time than I anticipated). Noticed some potentially vague wording in my last post:

Penelope C. wrote:
-Apparently concluding that Rodman is scum after Rodman's only new action was scumreading him, but mentioning nothing further.

Could be taken to imply that Rodman mentioned nothing further. I intended to refer to Kylan saying nothing regarding his "conclusion" aside from "Rodman is scum."
avatar
Penelope C.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-02-26
Location : In the afterlife, trying to rewind 20 minutes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Kylan R. on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:41 pm

Lynch Penelope C.

idk if i got as far as posting this but reading over the full game penelope's posts are a lot about "i'm going to work on this/that etc." and that just screamed fake to me and honestly after i said I TR'd her she hardly considered me until LYLO now and has been hopping between me and rod trying to see who'll lynch the other. At the end of the day I'm just a sub and i haven't been that active so i'm sorry if i'm wrong
avatar
Kylan R.

Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Omfg if i lynch kylan it doesnt work because penelope didnt cross. So if hes scum he got the best of me. I shouldve just lynched earlier ffs my fault
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:55 pm

It is worth a try tbh. Lynch Kylan
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:56 pm

If penelope is scum thanks kylan if not then darn
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by The Rodman on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Hold up this actually does nothing since kylan wont unlynch and if penelope is scum and comes on rn she will hammer unlynch kylan
avatar
The Rodman

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Sanpei S. on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Deadline
avatar
Sanpei S.

Posts : 55
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 29: Guess Who?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum