Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Nanette B. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:48 am

Fernando T. wrote:Claiming vt does nothing but expose power roles if anything
Towa what the hell was that bandwagon. I random lynch to get some discussion in and you say if it feels good, do it and hop right on it.

Not sure why but Brodie is getting a kinda town lean from me

unlynch Gurkinn lynch Towa
"Not sure why" Could it be his wall post and his helpfulness with townie ideas? Not at alllll. I believe Brodie is town, despite the post further down that I believe I quoted, where Mimi(?) said that he may be trying to seem townie with a longer, wordier post of simple ideas. I simply don't believe this is what Brodie did. 
Mimi F. wrote:The amount of lynches on Towa already surprises me.  Yes, she made a couple of logical errors in her reasoning on VT claims, but there really hasn't been anything said that warrants a hammered lynch this early in the day.

On the topic of JK claiming, it seems like are just too many variables that can go wrong.  Brodie mentioned the game of wifom going on between the town PRs and the mafia and chalked it up as a positive, but that's only if the town wins the battle of wits.  Also, without doctor claimed, the mafia could kill the doc, or the JK could target the doc and get targeted him/herself (unlikely), or the doctor could protect someone other than the JK and maf could kill JK (unlikely), or if the doctor DOES claim, he/she has to be jailed every night to be protected, which renders him/her useless.

To summarize:  Towa shouldn't be lynched this early in the day, JK claim is a shaky if not bad idea, and claiming doc is not even a possibility.
Reading this, I think JK should claim later down the road, but only if he has found something or it's important. I do not think him claiming day one is a good idea though. Mafia have a relatively low chance of hitting him first anyway so I think it's fine to hide out. Also, the room played a game of this, to y'know, have some practice, and the doc was lynched day one and the JK was hypoed. However, as we all know, hypoing doesn't always work out very well, especially in the anon games. (Jungle republic) Scum ended up winning this game, so lets try to avoid this route as much as possible. 
Annie F. wrote:
Brodie S. wrote:
Annie F. wrote:Are we still talking about the asking people to claim VT thing? because no matter who you ask, they should be claiming VT. that's common sense.
What do you believe, and why do you believe it?
For a VT claim to have meaning, it must mean something. Literally everybody claims VT in this setup, except maybe JK or stupid early fake-claiming mafia.
If you're going to run a test, it has to differentiate between two different possible outcomes. Otherwise it's like saying "I painted the Christmas tree red, and it doesn't clash with the wall, so therefore we ought to legalize cyanide." Whether or not a red Christmas tree actually does or does not clash with the color of the wall has absolutely no bearing on the argument we actually care about.
Same thing with claiming VT. We have no new information, the test tells us nothing. "Annie claimed VT, so therefore she's...?"

I honestly don't get the point of this post, because to me it seems like you've basically taken my post and put an awfully long explainer after it so that even retarded people will understand my point. A simple "yeah you can't say anything about the claim if everyone claims VT" would have had the same meaning and less words. This just makes you look smarter, it makes you look more towny.

You have made some good points, but for some reason you feel the need to put awfully long explainers in it, which honestly doesn't make me very inclined to trust you, seeing as a reason to be doing this, again, could be because it makes you look more towny.

I'm not going to quote your huge post because it's huge, but I will respond to it. You, once again, give a huge explainer as to why you think JK should claim, but consider this: the doctor is actually more likely to stop protecting the JK for a cheeky wifom because it's not their OWN life on the line. To them it's actually not as bad if the JK dies as it would be if they themselves were to die. If they themselves die, that's it. It's game over for them, if the JK dies that sucks, but they're still in the game. They'll take more risks with other people's lives than with their own.

Of course you might be right and the doctor won't take risks, that depends on the kind of person they are. So if the JK wants to claim, they can, but they might still be risking their life, as the doctor might risk it for them.
Read above about how the doc died and scum won. Might not be the same in every one, but it's definitely a large handicap for town. We all know that there is a shit ton of Wifom involved with the claiming of doc/JK, so let's stop commenting since I think each and every one of us can think it up in our heads and it's already been said before. 

I don't think doc and JK risking their lives at all are a good idea right now, but idk about anyone else. 
Delilah H. wrote:Actually Mimi, I posted 3 content-filled posts. Or did you miss the long post in between the two you mentioned?

Mfw game 23 is pure shitposting and lolicons and shoutacons. So I think it's safe to say that we are having a better D1 discussion than them rn. Then again none of us have particularly "scummy" avatars... that I noticed.

I'd like to see a bit more activity and discussion from everyone btw.
DON'T TALK ABOUT LOLICONS AND SHOUTACONS I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL GO OFF ON YOU. 

Also activity is nice but I've also been a tiny bit busy to do this. I think ohers have been too, but as we get into it we'll see who really talks a lot and who doesn't contribute much. My goal this game it to be more active that last games though, so! \o/
avatar
Nanette B.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Fernando T. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:10 am

Would like to see more activity from Gurkinn Haruno Chermaine and Ramona
Prod
avatar
Fernando T.

Posts : 18
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by ajhockeystar on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:16 am

Votecount 1.3
******************************

Towa Q.(4)- Natasha L., Brodie S., Fernando T., Delilah H.
Gurkinn N.(1)- Towa Q.
Brodie S.(1)- Professor Icarus
Fernando T.(0)-
Nanette B.(0)-
Haruno H.(0)-
Delilah H.(0)-
Charmaine U.(0)-
Professor Icarus(0)-
Mimi F.(0)-
Annie F.(0)-
Natasha L.(0)-
Ramona G.(0)-
Not Voting(7)- Nanette B., Gurkinn N., Haruno H., Charmaine U., Mimi F., Annie F., Ramona G.
******************************
There are 13 alive so it takes 7 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 24th at 9am EST.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 884
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Annie F. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Nanette B. wrote:
(...)
Reading this, I think JK should claim later down the road, but only if he has found something or it's important. I do not think him claiming day one is a good idea though. Mafia have a relatively low chance of hitting him first anyway so I think it's fine to hide out. Also, the room played a game of this, to y'know, have some practice, and the doc was lynched day one and the JK was hypoed. However, as we all know, hypoing doesn't always work out very well, especially in the anon games. (Jungle republic) Scum ended up winning this game, so lets try to avoid this route as much as possible. 
Annie F. wrote:
Brodie S. wrote:
Annie F. wrote:Are we still talking about the asking people to claim VT thing? because no matter who you ask, they should be claiming VT. that's common sense.
What do you believe, and why do you believe it?
For a VT claim to have meaning, it must mean something. Literally everybody claims VT in this setup, except maybe JK or stupid early fake-claiming mafia.
If you're going to run a test, it has to differentiate between two different possible outcomes. Otherwise it's like saying "I painted the Christmas tree red, and it doesn't clash with the wall, so therefore we ought to legalize cyanide." Whether or not a red Christmas tree actually does or does not clash with the color of the wall has absolutely no bearing on the argument we actually care about.
Same thing with claiming VT. We have no new information, the test tells us nothing. "Annie claimed VT, so therefore she's...?"

I honestly don't get the point of this post, because to me it seems like you've basically taken my post and put an awfully long explainer after it so that even retarded people will understand my point. A simple "yeah you can't say anything about the claim if everyone claims VT" would have had the same meaning and less words. This just makes you look smarter, it makes you look more towny.

You have made some good points, but for some reason you feel the need to put awfully long explainers in it, which honestly doesn't make me very inclined to trust you, seeing as a reason to be doing this, again, could be because it makes you look more towny.

I'm not going to quote your huge post because it's huge, but I will respond to it. You, once again, give a huge explainer as to why you think JK should claim, but consider this: the doctor is actually more likely to stop protecting the JK for a cheeky wifom because it's not their OWN life on the line. To them it's actually not as bad if the JK dies as it would be if they themselves were to die. If they themselves die, that's it. It's game over for them, if the JK dies that sucks, but they're still in the game. They'll take more risks with other people's lives than with their own.

Of course you might be right and the doctor won't take risks, that depends on the kind of person they are. So if the JK wants to claim, they can, but they might still be risking their life, as the doctor might risk it for them.
Read above about how the doc died and scum won. Might not be the same in every one, but it's definitely a large handicap for town. We all know that there is a shit ton of Wifom involved with the claiming of doc/JK, so let's stop commenting since I think each and every one of us can think it up in our heads and it's already been said before. 
(...)

The way you tell me to read above makes it look like that's something I could have seen before I made the post, just saying.
Of course there's wifom involved, but if I hadn't mentioned this part of the wifom involved, Brodie would still be thinking it's a good idea to have JK claim, so why are you saying we can all think it up in our heads and it's been said before? because by me saying the above, I brought up something Brodie hadn't read or thought about before, so neither of those statements are true. Why do you want to stop this discussion?

Brodie, I agree with whoever it was that said the big words are annoying and unnecessary. It's once again something that I could see the mafia using as a tactic to seem smarter and as such more town-like. It's not helping.
avatar
Annie F.

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Annie F. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Fernando T. wrote:Would like to see more activity from Gurkinn Haruno Chermaine and Ramona
Prod

you know, if you're gonna ask for people to be more active you should probably be posting a little more yourself. Sure you have made several posts, but they were all pretty tiny and just agreeing or disagreeing on shit.
avatar
Annie F.

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Delilah H. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Nanette B. wrote:
Fernando T. wrote:
post:
Claiming vt does nothing but expose power roles if anything
Towa what the hell was that bandwagon. I random lynch to get some discussion in and you say if it feels good, do it and hop right on it.
Not sure why but Brodie is getting a kinda town lean from me

unlynch Gurkinn lynch Towa
"Not sure why" Could it be his wall post and his helpfulness with townie ideas? Not at alllll. I believe Brodie is town, despite the post further down that I believe I quoted, where Mimi(?) said that he may be trying to seem townie with a longer, wordier post of simple ideas. I simply don't believe this is what Brodie did. 

At this moment I dont believe he's doing that either, but it is something for us to keep in mind, just as I mentioned I think in a recent post to Brodie. It does make it roundabout and goes a little too in detail kinda like a red herring.

Spoiler:

Mimi F. wrote:The amount of lynches on Towa already surprises me.  Yes, she made a couple of logical errors in her reasoning on VT claims, but there really hasn't been anything said that warrants a hammered lynch this early in the day.

On the topic of JK claiming, it seems like are just too many variables that can go wrong.  Brodie mentioned the game of wifom going on between the town PRs and the mafia and chalked it up as a positive, but that's only if the town wins the battle of wits.  Also, without doctor claimed, the mafia could kill the doc, or the JK could target the doc and get targeted him/herself (unlikely), or the doctor could protect someone other than the JK and maf could kill JK (unlikely), or if the doctor DOES claim, he/she has to be jailed every night to be protected, which renders him/her useless.

To summarize:  Towa shouldn't be lynched this early in the day, JK claim is a shaky if not bad idea, and claiming doc is not even a possibility.

Reading this, I think JK should claim later down the road, but only if he has found something or it's important. I do not think him claiming day one is a good idea though. Mafia have a relatively low chance of hitting him first anyway so I think it's fine to hide out. Also, the room played a game of this, to y'know, have some practice, and the doc was lynched day one and the JK was hypoed. However, as we all know, hypoing doesn't always work out very well, especially in the anon games. (Jungle republic) Scum ended up winning this game, so lets try to avoid this route as much as possible. 

Well Jungle Republic was kinda hard for town to win in the first place. Mafia were basically town with a seperate private chat. WW could only be inspected by one person, who had a very tough WIFOM to pull going into day if he got a scum inspect. Plus iirc one game lynched their seer D1 which kinda ruined the point of the hypo. Also dependant on the time frame too. if we are nearing MYLO/LYLO but are not quite at it, it might be a decent time to claim.

Spoiler:

Annie F. wrote:
Brodie S. wrote:
Annie F. wrote:Are we still talking about the asking people to claim VT thing? because no matter who you ask, they should be claiming VT. that's common sense.
What do you believe, and why do you believe it?
For a VT claim to have meaning, it must mean something. Literally everybody claims VT in this setup, except maybe JK or stupid early fake-claiming mafia.
If you're going to run a test, it has to differentiate between two different possible outcomes. Otherwise it's like saying "I painted the Christmas tree red, and it doesn't clash with the wall, so therefore we ought to legalize cyanide." Whether or not a red Christmas tree actually does or does not clash with the color of the wall has absolutely no bearing on the argument we actually care about.
Same thing with claiming VT. We have no new information, the test tells us nothing. "Annie claimed VT, so therefore she's...?"

I honestly don't get the point of this post, because to me it seems like you've basically taken my post and put an awfully long explainer after it so that even retarded people will understand my point. A simple "yeah you can't say anything about the claim if everyone claims VT" would have had the same meaning and less words. This just makes you look smarter, it makes you look more towny.

You have made some good points, but for some reason you feel the need to put awfully long explainers in it, which honestly doesn't make me very inclined to trust you, seeing as a reason to be doing this, again, could be because it makes you look more towny.

I'm not going to quote your huge post because it's huge, but I will respond to it. You, once again, give a huge explainer as to why you think JK should claim, but consider this: the doctor is actually more likely to stop protecting the JK for a cheeky wifom because it's not their OWN life on the line. To them it's actually not as bad if the JK dies as it would be if they themselves were to die. If they themselves die, that's it. It's game over for them, if the JK dies that sucks, but they're still in the game. They'll take more risks with other people's lives than with their own.

Of course you might be right and the doctor won't take risks, that depends on the kind of person they are. So if the JK wants to claim, they can, but they might still be risking their life, as the doctor might risk it for them.

Read above about how the doc died and scum won. Might not be the same in every one, but it's definitely a large handicap for town. We all know that there is a shit ton of Wifom involved with the claiming of doc/JK, so let's stop commenting since I think each and every one of us can think it up in our heads and it's already been said before. 

I don't think doc and JK risking their lives at all are a good idea right now, but idk about anyone else. 


Delilah H. wrote:Actually Mimi, I posted 3 content-filled posts. Or did you miss the long post in between the two you mentioned?

Mfw game 23 is pure shitposting and lolicons and shoutacons. So I think it's safe to say that we are having a better D1 discussion than them rn. Then again none of us have particularly "scummy" avatars... that I noticed.

I'd like to see a bit more activity and discussion from everyone btw.

DON'T TALK ABOUT LOLICONS AND SHOUTACONS I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL GO OFF ON YOU. 

Also activity is nice but I've also been a tiny bit busy to do this. I think ohers have been too, but as we get into it we'll see who really talks a lot and who doesn't contribute much. My goal this game it to be more active that last games though, so! \o/

I honestly don't get why you are freaking out about that but ok. After I ask one question: what are lolicons and shoutacons?

Guys to make posts shorter and easier to read do spoiler (text) /spoiler in the square brackets for things that you are quoting.
avatar
Delilah H.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Brodie S. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Hypoing doesn't always work out well, but it does have a time and a place for proper use. Hypo's drawback is that it makes it easier to find the power roles in the first place. In this setup, frankly, we lose more by freaking out about doctor/JK than we would if they were completely underutilized. If they die a night or two earlier than they otherwise would have, it's bad, but certainly not awful.

What, exactly, went wrong with the hypo of that Jungle Republic?
avatar
Brodie S.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-06-16
Location : A gap within the void itself, an Eternal Emptiness that opens upon a fiery abyss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Towa Q. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Prepare for a newspaper later tonight, since everyone seems keen to lynch me. But I would suggest not hammering me until DL, since it will give us 2 extra days to discuss and plur will get me anyway if that's really what you want to do. Anyway, back in a few hours.
avatar
Towa Q.

Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 70
Location : In bed, come join me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Professor Icarus on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Natasha L. wrote:Aj, Haruno has only talked once this game, which was the confirm his role. You may want to sub him.

Two others that I believe are slightly scummy:

Professor Icarus for lynching Brodie because "why not" with no particular other reason. This is slight, mind you ^^

Also, Fernando for denouncing claiming VT for the wrong reason, and jumping on the Towa lynch immediately. Also reading people because they are "not sure why." Could be scum; could also be a bad town.

Reminder to everyone: you need reasons for everything.

My lynch was more for pressure and to get some form of a reaction. I wouldn't go ahead and say that when I lynched due to the pressure then being redundant due to that. I do have a reason, but as stated I'm not gonna give it away if it ruins a strategy. Apparently it didn't work anyway considering he just ignored it

Anyway, I'll probably do a bulky post after the lynch tomorrow as then I can properly gauge people's reactions and defences closer to the deadline today. It should give me enough stuff I'm sure to bring up. I'm sort of against the Towa lynch, but I'll wait for her defense of course before properly making my mind up. She doesn't seem like the person I would immediately think of as a target and has been fairly OK so far. I do agree with Natasha's read there on Fernando at least and I can see what she's getting at, but I'll read over everything again and give a proper response later about my thoughts on lynch targets.

also just saying hypo is dumb as fuck now considering you guys brought it up. really only works best when you actually have some people who claim first. It was dumb beforehand, don't get me wrong. But a bit stupid to go on about it now that scum can see it as a possible strategy quite obviously. Not even gonna bring up how redundant Brodie's question about jungle republic is when it's hardly relevant to the current game.
avatar
Professor Icarus

Posts : 20
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Delilah H. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Brodie, the thing that went wrong

Icarus, I don't think anyone was suggesting that we hypo. I believe Nanette was just explaining what had happened with the hypo in the server game as well as the hypo in Jungle Republic as kind of a means to discourage people trying to hypo in the future, (ie: listing examples of it failing)... which I am not sure was really going to be a problem, as no one brought it up or claimed JK yet. The issues that have been stated with multiple claims was if a mafia cc'ed the JK. Not to say that I dont see her rationale behind stating this, as people on the server decided to hypo when they felt like they were out of options.

Also, apparently today is my Furfrou's birthday! Happy birthday Queenie! Yes mommy loves you! -gets face licked by Queenie the Furfrou-
avatar
Delilah H.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Delilah H. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Towa, I see you are online, I'm eagerly awaiting to read your defense, as well as your reads/thoughts on who would be a better lynch.
avatar
Delilah H.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Towa Q. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Charmaine U:
Charmaine U. wrote:
Towa Q. wrote:1 doc, 1 jk, 3 maf, 8 VTs @Nanette B.

If we lynch Day 1, then we have a total of 4 misslynches, assuming maf makes a kill every night. This should be easy, all we have to do is lead a witch-hunt against a VT claim.

So, I'll start with the least QT user. Professor Icarus would you like to claim VT?

cant tell if this is just stupid or scummy. The doc and jk are probably gonna claim vt or they are stupid and claim they arent a villager which reveals to the scum that they should be killed right away.

This is just a side note to my response, but assuming mafia makes a kill every night, then we actually only have 3 mislynches.

Natasha L:
Natasha L. wrote:Oh. Speaking of lynching, lynch Towa Q.

for

a) suggesting doc and jk on each other (like seriously, uw0t, that would also suggest them claiming).

b) jumping immediately on the Gurkinn bandwagon for absolutely no resaon

and

c) supporting the VT claim test thing

First
Towa Q. wrote:Doc can be on JK and JK can be on doc if need be. If you're not a VT though, then I don't want to waste a lynch on a town power role. If we're lynching a potential doc or JK, then yes, there is a point to claiming.
Since Natasha seems to think I am stupid (point a), let me explain it a bit better. I know what a JK does. I'm not suggesting they both claim and try to protect each other.

What I am suggesting with this "vt claim" thing is this: We pick a target to start a lynch, hence the attempt on Professor Icarus/Gurkinn N. Then, we ask them if they are a VT. Here's what it does: If they are not a VT, and are in fact a town power role, then they can claim. I'm not asking for the outright claim of both of our power roles, as that just leads to suicide, but, if we're attempting to lynch either of our power roles, then it's better for them to claim and not waste our time continuing to put lynches/pressure on a target only for the PR claim a few votes short of hammer and then everyone unlynching and us having to restart a day before DL. At best, we would have only VT claims as we start hunting targets, although there is an advantage to getting one of our PR claims out. Instead of getting all the specific quotes about it, I will just put everything right here. I would like EITHER the JK OR the doc picked out by this method. I agree that them claiming right away without reason is not the best idea, but if we're about to lynch on of them, then we need to know it. Getting one of them to claim gives us a clear D1, or mafia can be stupid and try to claim a town PR on D1, and by asking them to specify which one, we have the ability to get a CC out and lynch between the two. We can also get a town leader that we know we can trust, not follow blindly if they have bad ideas, but that we can trust. If it is the JK that claims, then the doc can be on them right away. If it is the doc that claims, then the JK can be on them to protect them. This is what I meant by the doc can be on JK and the JK can be on doc. We have a 1/13 chance of attempting to lynch the doc, and a 2/13 chance to hit either of our power roles.
Delilah H. wrote:Towa wanted VT claims for us to lynch btw... To me I feel it is mafia trying to rule out the jk/doctor subtly. Does anyone else feel this?
If the person we ask to claim VT does claim VT, then we can lynch them. Mafia will claim VT or risk being lynched within 1-2 days, depending on if we hit them or their CC. Since our lynchee will be revealed after being lynched anyway, then why does it matter if I ask them to claim VT when lynching them? It will give scum the same 2/12 chance of hitting a PR at night from the lynch reveal as the early claim would.

Next, for your point b, Natasha, and for this quote:
Brodie S. wrote:1) Bandwagoning on a randomlynch is the most overtly nihilistic thing you could be doing at the moment. Congratulations(!), day one has barely begun, and I don't feel like I can trust you to pull your weight mid/late game now. Consider this a challenge to change my mind.
Let's explain the random lynch. As a few users have pointed out, a random lynch is not a bad start. It places pressure and can to discussion based on reactions to pressure. It's not as bad as you make it sound, Brodie, although thank your sarcastic response. A simple explanation would have been fine, instead of being a dick, dick. I don't care if you don't trust me to "pull my weight", this is how I play and if you don't like it, lynch me or get over it. I'm not going to change myself to fit your playstlye or gain your approval.

Brodie S:
Brodie S. wrote:CONS: 1) When doctor dies, JK dies the night after. Though, in my opinion, better to have loved and lost... 2) JK might hit the doctor, also on the same night Mafia for some reason targets JK, which is incredibly unlikely, but worth mentioning. 3) We're down one protection every night from a possible two, so the possibility of a save is about sort of not really halved. But a successful save only gives us a NL day, and two saves are required for a ML...
Picking through your post, I feel this is worth mentioning. Each numbered response will correspond with the numbers of your own con list, fyi.
1- This is not necessarily true, although likely. With a dead doc, mafia will try to kill JK next, yes, but what happens if JK blocks someone and lives? It gives us a huge scumlead on whoever the JK happened to block that night. Not the best odds, but a possibility.
2- The JK hitting doc shouldn't be too big of a deal. I doubt scum will try to hit the JK, as wasting 2 kills will give us an extra misslynch. Maybe they will see it as worth it to try once, but the chances of this mattering if it accidentally happens is slim.
3- Since you have since changed your stance on JK claiming D1, this isn't too much of a concern. I still support a PR claim if we start a lynch on one of them, but otherwise keeping both protections on likely mafia targets will be better for us in preventing the two deaths we need to win an extra misslynch.

Fernando T:
Fernando T. wrote:Claiming vt does nothing but expose power roles if anything
Towa what the hell was that bandwagon. I random lynch to get some discussion in and you say if it feels good, do it and hop right on it.

Not sure why but Brodie is getting a kinda town lean from me

unlynch Gurkinn lynch Towa

Fernando T. wrote:....
I already said, I made a rl to get stuff going, then a stupidbw came out of nowhere

Fernando T. wrote:Yay. We are into long post phase.
I feel that JK shouldn't claim. It wastes the possibilty of doc saving a night kill, unless doc goes ultra wifom. Also if doc gets hit, then we are into vanilla.


Time to start on you. First, tell me, what does on extra lynch matter for you to immediately switch to me once I start racking up the lynches? You used a random lynch and I put my own on your target to increase pressure. My lynch does not hammer, not even close, and yet you feel it was so game-changing to warrant a switch to me? I'd like your reasoning on this, please. And as for your last quote, if you think we're in the "long post phase", then maybe try making your own instead of pointlessly agreeing with people and not adding new information. So far, everything you have said has been filler-y, and you are now one of my scumreads because of it.


Delilah H:
[quote="Delilah H."]
Towa Q. wrote:1 doc, 1 jk, 3 maf, 8 VTs @Nanette B.

If we lynch Day 1, then we have a total of 4 misslynches, assuming maf makes a kill every night. This should be easy, all we have to do is lead a witch-hunt against a VT claim.

So, I'll start with the least QT user. Professor Icarus would you like to claim VT?

I'd love the ability to edit but I really can't rn. If that's your rationale for lynching people rn, this game is gonna be terrible in the long run.

Also if we are running on that standard than we should start with you

Towa Q. wrote:Doc can be on JK and JK can be on doc if need be. If you're not a VT though, then I don't want to waste a lynch on a town power role. If we're lynching a potential doc or JK, then yes, there is a point to claiming.

Actually... reading along further, I am starting to find you pretty scummy. For example, you brought up this major wifom. Do you see the problems in your statement there? Here I'll point them out for you.
1. "JK can be on doc": then the doc protect goes to waste, because the Jailkeeper will prevent the doc from protecting. Basic Jailkeeper 101- whoever he targets is blocked and protected. Which means one or the other is protected, not both.
2.  Another big problem is the assumption that the mafia wont go around this and try to hit VT's (THERE is a LOT of wifom in your scenario) in order to avoid it.
3. The third assumption that is being made, which is even more wifom, is that the jk and doc know which one of them mafia will be hitting that night. one mistake and both go down.
4. Another problem I have here is the possibility of a mafia ccing the JK or doc, as is likely to happen in the events of or prior to the actual claim because it makes it harder for the kill to be secured properly which factors into the biggest problem i have
5. It requires BOTH the JK and the Doc to know who each other are. which means less chance of mafia messing up a kill

To your strike, yes, we could start with me, but from my perspective that would be a waste since I know I am town. Nothing to really argue there, it's up to the rest of you lynching me to decide. To your numbers, here are my own:
1- I again know how a JK works. I doubt AJ would put in a player who didn't know that.
2- With one claim out only, mafia will have to sift through VTs to find the other PR before they can kill the first, just as we have to sift through to find mafia in the VT claims.
5- This only requires one claim, which I would like to avoid, in order to keep a PR alive. The other can continue to not claim and just protect the claimed role. I feel your points 2-5 are all based on the fact that you think I want doc and JK to claim and try to protect each other, which I do not.
5- Another thing to say to this, though. With a clear PR, mafia will likely think that the other will be on th claimed PR in order to save them and not waste the kill allowing for both PRs to protect possible VTs and stop the maf kill.

You are absolutely right, all of this is huge wifom. Sorry, it's just the way I play. Wifom on top of wifom, and it's up to the players with the power to protect to decide what is best for the night. Not gonna change up my strat to suit your playstyle, but expect me to use wifom. I use it for my reads and it helps to get inside maf heads and try to screw them over.

Nanette B:
Nanette B. wrote:
Mimi F. wrote:The amount of lynches on Towa already surprises me.  Yes, she made a couple of logical errors in her reasoning on VT claims, but there really hasn't been anything said that warrants a hammered lynch this early in the day.

On the topic of JK claiming, it seems like are just too many variables that can go wrong.  Brodie mentioned the game of wifom going on between the town PRs and the mafia and chalked it up as a positive, but that's only if the town wins the battle of wits.  Also, without doctor claimed, the mafia could kill the doc, or the JK could target the doc and get targeted him/herself (unlikely), or the doctor could protect someone other than the JK and maf could kill JK (unlikely), or if the doctor DOES claim, he/she has to be jailed every night to be protected, which renders him/her useless.

To summarize:  Towa shouldn't be lynched this early in the day, JK claim is a shaky if not bad idea, and claiming doc is not even a possibility.
Reading this, I think JK should claim later down the road, but only if he has found something or it's important. I do not think him claiming day one is a good idea though. Mafia have a relatively low chance of hitting him first anyway so I think it's fine to hide out. Also, the room played a game of this, to y'know, have some practice, and the doc was lynched day one and the JK was hypoed. However, as we all know, hypoing doesn't always work out very well, especially in the anon games. (Jungle republic) Scum ended up winning this game, so lets try to avoid this route as much as possible.
 
I continue to agree that JK/doc should hold off on claiming unless lynches come their way. I would like to say, though, that I would like them to be claimed a day before mylo/lylo. The timing of the claim is important, holding off a JK claim until we hit mylo is just asking for a mafia CC, in which case, we risk a 50/50 of either hitting the mafia or hitting a PR and losing on mylo. This risk is fine if it's before mylo/lylo, but not on the day of. I would like this to be kept in mind by everyone if/when we get to that point.

Fernando T. wrote:Would like to see more activity from Gurkinn Haruno Chermaine and Ramona
Prod
I agree with the names you listed, but again, I would like to see more from you as well, verses these filler-esque posts that you keep making.

Delilah H. wrote:Towa, I see you are online, I'm eagerly awaiting to read your defense, as well as your reads/thoughts on who would be a better lynch.

Current reads:

Brodie S- Neutral- My distaste for his sarcasm interferes with my read on him, so I'm not going to say he's scummy for it. He's had useful pro-town posts, but I will hold off on him for now.
Fernando T- Scum read- filler af and providing nothing of use.
Nanette B- Town read- Need to go over her posts more thoroughly but running out of time for now.
Delilah H- Town read.
Professor Icarus- Neutral- Slight town read.
Mimi F- Town read- Slightly.
Annie F- Neutral.
Natasha L- Scum read- Only slightly and more so as a gut read. Need to reread posts, but again, time.
Ramona G- Town read- Slightly.


My reads were a little rushed and I will provide better ones tomorrow (irl) but I have little time now. The ones not mentioned don't have enough posts for me to accurately judge them. Also, Delilah, in response to who a better lynch would be, I would personally argue Fernando, Gurkinn, Haruno, Charmaine, or Ramona. Less so Charmaine, but the others are next to useless without any activity/anything productive to add. I hope to see them change that.

Last thing, if my thoughts are a little scattered, sorry, I'm tired and I tried to fit everything into one post. If there are things you would like me to address, let me know and I will try tomorrow when I update my reads.
avatar
Towa Q.

Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 70
Location : In bed, come join me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Brodie S. on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:31 pm

Delilah H. wrote:Brodie, the thing that went wrong
...?
....The thing that went wrong was....?

And, also, what Furfrou?
avatar
Brodie S.

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-06-16
Location : A gap within the void itself, an Eternal Emptiness that opens upon a fiery abyss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Delilah H. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 am

Spoiler:
Brodie S. wrote:
Delilah H. wrote:Brodie, the thing that went wrong
...?
....The thing that went wrong was....?

And, also, what Furfrou?

Oops. for some reason it didnt come through. i prob forgot to type it or something. the thing that wrong with the jungle republlic hypo was that seer was lynched d1, iirc.
avatar
Delilah H.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Delilah H. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:53 am

errr... correction: d2 in game 18 now that i checked and seer nk'ed n2 in game 17.

my furfrou. look at my pic smh.
avatar
Delilah H.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Fernando T. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:24 am


Brodie S. wrote:1) Bandwagoning on a randomlynch is the most overtly nihilistic thing you could be doing at the moment. Congratulations(!), day one has barely begun, and I don't feel like I can trust you to pull your weight mid/late game now. Consider this a challenge to change my mind.
Let's explain the random lynch. As a few users have pointed out, a random lynch is not a bad start. It places pressure and can to discussion based on reactions to pressure. It's not as bad as you make it sound, Brodie, although thank your sarcastic response. A simple explanation would have been fine, instead of being a dick, dick. I don't care if you don't trust me to "pull my weight", this is how I play and if you don't like it, lynch me or get over it. I'm not going to change myself to fit your playstlye or gain your approval.

I'm not sure if you realise that I rl'd on Gurkinn like 2 posts before


Fernando T. wrote:....
I already said, I made a rl to get stuff going, then a stupidbw came out of nowhere

Fernando T. wrote:Yay. We are into long post phase.
I feel that JK shouldn't claim. It wastes the possibilty of doc saving a night kill, unless doc goes ultra wifom. Also if doc gets hit, then we are into vanilla.
[/spoiler]

Time to start on you. First, tell me, what does on extra lynch matter for you to immediately switch to me once I start racking up the lynches? You used a random lynch and I put my own on your target to increase pressure. My lynch does not hammer, not even close, and yet you feel it was so game-changing to warrant a switch to me? I'd like your reasoning on this, please. And as for your last quote, if you think we're in the "long post phase", then maybe try making your own instead of pointlessly agreeing with people and not adding new information. So far, everything you have said has been filler-y, and you are now one of my scumreads because of it [/quote]
Ok I guess you do realise I rl'd Gurkinn before
It's day 1. There really isn't much we can do. Thanks for clarifying why you rl'd that person tho. That's what I was looking for

unlunch Towa Q.








avatar
Fernando T.

Posts : 18
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Fernando T. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:25 am

Crap the formatting messed up when I deleted stuff
avatar
Fernando T.

Posts : 18
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by ajhockeystar on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:18 am

Votecount 1.4
******************************

Towa Q.(3)- Natasha L., Brodie S., Delilah H.
Gurkinn N.(1)- Towa Q.
Brodie S.(1)- Professor Icarus
Fernando T.(0)-
Nanette B.(0)-
Haruno H.(0)-
Delilah H.(0)-
Charmaine U.(0)-
Professor Icarus(0)-
Mimi F.(0)-
Annie F.(0)-
Natasha L.(0)-
Ramona G.(0)-
Not Voting(8)- Nanette B., Gurkinn N., Haruno H., Charmaine U., Mimi F., Annie F., Ramona G., Fernando T.
******************************
There are 13 alive so it takes 7 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 24th at 9am EST.

If the deadline was now, Towa Q. would be lynched.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 884
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Natasha L. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:36 am

Towa Q. wrote:Since Natasha seems to think I am stupid (point a), let me explain it a bit better. I know what a JK does. I'm not suggesting they both claim and try to protect each other.

What I am suggesting with this "vt claim" thing is this: We pick a target to start a lynch, hence the attempt on Professor Icarus/Gurkinn N. Then, we ask them if they are a VT. Here's what it does: If they are not a VT, and are in fact a town power role, then they can claim. I'm not asking for the outright claim of both of our power roles, as that just leads to suicide, but, if we're attempting to lynch either of our power roles, then it's better for them to claim and not waste our time continuing to put lynches/pressure on a target only for the PR claim a few votes short of hammer and then everyone unlynching and us having to restart a day before DL. At best, we would have only VT claims as we start hunting targets, although there is an advantage to getting one of our PR claims out. Instead of getting all the specific quotes about it, I will just put everything right here. I would like EITHER the JK OR the doc picked out by this method. I agree that them claiming right away without reason is not the best idea, but if we're about to lynch on of them, then we need to know it. Getting one of them to claim gives us a clear D1, or mafia can be stupid and try to claim a town PR on D1, and by asking them to specify which one, we have the ability to get a CC out and lynch between the two. We can also get a town leader that we know we can trust, not follow blindly if they have bad ideas, but that we can trust. If it is the JK that claims, then the doc can be on them right away. If it is the doc that claims, then the JK can be on them to protect them. This is what I meant by the doc can be on JK and the JK can be on doc. We have a 1/13 chance of attempting to lynch the doc, and a 2/13 chance to hit either of our power roles.

OK, this is explained much better. I still do not feel as though you explained it well the first time, and I do not understand why you have a scumread on me (you never explained it). All you said was "scum read - I need to re-look over her posts." That being said, I was looking for information and contributions from you, and you delivered.

Unlynch Towa Q.

I do, however, agree that Fernando T. is the scummiest person in the game right now (with you being dismissed). He's been fillering, jumping on every bandwagon, and all of his "contributing" has actually been explaining why he bandwagonned on the rl early day 1.

lynch Fernando T.
avatar
Natasha L.

Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Towa Q. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:08 pm

Looking through some things, I now feel I have a solid 2 scumreads. Thoughts coming in about 4 hours, after work.

I would love for Brodie to give thoughts on my post, btw. And Fernando to reply to why he switched to me, in better details. Brb~

avatar
Towa Q.

Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 70
Location : In bed, come join me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Delilah H. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Spoiler:

Towa Q. wrote:
Charmaine U:

Charmaine U. wrote:
Towa Q. wrote:1 doc, 1 jk, 3 maf, 8 VTs @Nanette B.

If we lynch Day 1, then we have a total of 4 misslynches, assuming maf makes a kill every night. This should be easy, all we have to do is lead a witch-hunt against a VT claim.

So, I'll start with the least QT user. Professor Icarus would you like to claim VT?

cant tell if this is just stupid or scummy. The doc and jk are probably gonna claim vt or they are stupid and claim they arent a villager which reveals to the scum that they should be killed right away.

This is just a side note to my response, but assuming mafia makes a kill every night, then we actually only have 3 mislynches.

Natasha L:

Natasha L. wrote:Oh. Speaking of lynching, lynch Towa Q.

for

a) suggesting doc and jk on each other (like seriously, uw0t, that would also suggest them claiming).

b) jumping immediately on the Gurkinn bandwagon for absolutely no resaon

and

c) supporting the VT claim test thing

First
Towa Q. wrote:Doc can be on JK and JK can be on doc if need be. If you're not a VT though, then I don't want to waste a lynch on a town power role. If we're lynching a potential doc or JK, then yes, there is a point to claiming.
Since Natasha seems to think I am stupid (point a), let me explain it a bit better. I know what a JK does. I'm not suggesting they both claim and try to protect each other.

What I am suggesting with this "vt claim" thing is this: We pick a target to start a lynch, hence the attempt on Professor Icarus/Gurkinn N. Then, we ask them if they are a VT. Here's what it does: If they are not a VT, and are in fact a town power role, then they can claim. I'm not asking for the outright claim of both of our power roles, as that just leads to suicide, but, if we're attempting to lynch either of our power roles, then it's better for them to claim and not waste our time continuing to put lynches/pressure on a target only for the PR claim a few votes short of hammer and then everyone unlynching and us having to restart a day before DL. At best, we would have only VT claims as we start hunting targets, although there is an advantage to getting one of our PR claims out. Instead of getting all the specific quotes about it, I will just put everything right here. I would like EITHER the JK OR the doc picked out by this method. I agree that them claiming right away without reason is not the best idea, but if we're about to lynch on of them, then we need to know it. Getting one of them to claim gives us a clear D1, or mafia can be stupid and try to claim a town PR on D1, and by asking them to specify which one, we have the ability to get a CC out and lynch between the two. We can also get a town leader that we know we can trust, not follow blindly if they have bad ideas, but that we can trust. If it is the JK that claims, then the doc can be on them right away. If it is the doc that claims, then the JK can be on them to protect them. This is what I meant by the doc can be on JK and the JK can be on doc. We have a 1/13 chance of attempting to lynch the doc, and a 2/13 chance to hit either of our power roles.
Delilah H. wrote:Towa wanted VT claims for us to lynch btw... To me I feel it is mafia trying to rule out the jk/doctor subtly. Does anyone else feel this?
If the person we ask to claim VT does claim VT, then we can lynch them. Mafia will claim VT or risk being lynched within 1-2 days, depending on if we hit them or their CC. Since our lynchee will be revealed after being lynched anyway, then why does it matter if I ask them to claim VT when lynching them? It will give scum the same 2/12 chance of hitting a PR at night from the lynch reveal as the early claim would.

Next, for your point b, Natasha, and for this quote:
Brodie S. wrote:1) Bandwagoning on a randomlynch is the most overtly nihilistic thing you could be doing at the moment. Congratulations(!), day one has barely begun, and I don't feel like I can trust you to pull your weight mid/late game now. Consider this a challenge to change my mind.
Let's explain the random lynch. As a few users have pointed out, a random lynch is not a bad start. It places pressure and can to discussion based on reactions to pressure. It's not as bad as you make it sound, Brodie, although thank your sarcastic response. A simple explanation would have been fine, instead of being a dick, dick. I don't care if you don't trust me to "pull my weight", this is how I play and if you don't like it, lynch me or get over it. I'm not going to change myself to fit your playstlye or gain your approval.

Brodie S:

Brodie S. wrote:CONS: 1) When doctor dies, JK dies the night after. Though, in my opinion, better to have loved and lost... 2) JK might hit the doctor, also on the same night Mafia for some reason targets JK, which is incredibly unlikely, but worth mentioning. 3) We're down one protection every night from a possible two, so the possibility of a save is about sort of not really halved. But a successful save only gives us a NL day, and two saves are required for a ML...
Picking through your post, I feel this is worth mentioning. Each numbered response will correspond with the numbers of your own con list, fyi.
1- This is not necessarily true, although likely. With a dead doc, mafia will try to kill JK next, yes, but  what happens if JK blocks someone and lives? It gives us a huge scumlead on whoever the JK happened to block that night. Not the best odds, but a possibility.
2- The JK hitting doc shouldn't be too big of a deal. I doubt scum will try to hit the JK, as wasting 2 kills will give us an extra misslynch. Maybe they will see it as worth it to try once, but the chances of this mattering if it accidentally happens is slim.
3- Since you have since changed your stance on JK claiming D1, this isn't too much of a concern. I still support a PR claim if we start a lynch on one of them, but otherwise keeping both protections on likely mafia targets will be better for us in preventing the two deaths we need to win an extra misslynch.

Fernando T:

Fernando T. wrote:Claiming vt does nothing but expose power roles if anything
Towa what the hell was that bandwagon. I random lynch to get some discussion in and you say if it feels good, do it and hop right on it.

Not sure why but Brodie is getting a kinda town lean from me

unlynch Gurkinn lynch Towa

Fernando T. wrote:....
I already said, I made a rl to get stuff going, then a stupidbw came out of nowhere

Fernando T. wrote:Yay. We are into long post phase.
I feel that JK shouldn't claim. It wastes the possibilty of doc saving a night kill, unless doc goes ultra wifom. Also if doc gets hit, then we are into vanilla.


Time to start on you. First, tell me, what does on extra lynch matter for you to immediately switch to me once I start racking up the lynches? You used a random lynch and I put my own on your target to increase pressure. My lynch does not hammer, not even close, and yet you feel it was so game-changing to warrant a switch to me? I'd like your reasoning on this, please. And as for your last quote, if you think we're in the "long post phase", then maybe try making your own instead of pointlessly agreeing with people and not adding new information. So far, everything you have said has been filler-y, and you are now one of my scumreads because of it.


Delilah H:

Delilah H. wrote:
Towa Q. wrote:1 doc, 1 jk, 3 maf, 8 VTs @Nanette B.

If we lynch Day 1, then we have a total of 4 misslynches, assuming maf makes a kill every night. This should be easy, all we have to do is lead a witch-hunt against a VT claim.

So, I'll start with the least QT user. Professor Icarus would you like to claim VT?

I'd love the ability to edit but I really can't rn. If that's your rationale for lynching people rn, this game is gonna be terrible in the long run.

Also if we are running on that standard than we should start with you

Towa Q. wrote:Doc can be on JK and JK can be on doc if need be. If you're not a VT though, then I don't want to waste a lynch on a town power role. If we're lynching a potential doc or JK, then yes, there is a point to claiming.

Actually... reading along further, I am starting to find you pretty scummy. For example, you brought up this major wifom. Do you see the problems in your statement there? Here I'll point them out for you.
1. "JK can be on doc": then the doc protect goes to waste, because the Jailkeeper will prevent the doc from protecting. Basic Jailkeeper 101- whoever he targets is blocked and protected. Which means one or the other is protected, not both.
2.  Another big problem is the assumption that the mafia wont go around this and try to hit VT's (THERE is a LOT of wifom in your scenario) in order to avoid it.
3. The third assumption that is being made, which is even more wifom, is that the jk and doc know which one of them mafia will be hitting that night. one mistake and both go down.
4. Another problem I have here is the possibility of a mafia ccing the JK or doc, as is likely to happen in the events of or prior to the actual claim because it makes it harder for the kill to be secured properly which factors into the biggest problem i have
5. It requires BOTH the JK and the Doc to know who each other are. which means less chance of mafia messing up a kill

To your strike, yes, we could start with me, but from my perspective that would be a waste since I know I am town. Nothing to really argue there, it's up to the rest of you lynching me to decide. To your numbers, here are my own:
1- I again know how a JK works. I doubt AJ would put in a player who didn't know that.
2- With one claim out only, mafia will have to sift through VTs to find the other PR before they can kill the first, just as we have to sift through to find mafia in the VT claims.
5- This only requires one claim, which I would like to avoid, in order to keep a PR alive. The other can continue to not claim and just protect the claimed role. I feel your points 2-5 are all based on the fact that you think I want doc and JK to claim and try to protect each other, which I do not.
5- Another thing to say to this, though. With a clear PR, mafia will likely think that the other will be on th claimed PR in order to save them and not waste the kill allowing for both PRs to protect possible VTs and stop the maf kill.

You are absolutely right, all of this is huge wifom. Sorry, it's just the way I play. Wifom on top of wifom, and it's up to the players with the power to protect to decide what is best for the night. Not gonna change up my strat to suit your playstyle, but expect me to use wifom. I use it for my reads and it helps to get inside maf heads and try to screw them over.

Nanette B:

Nanette B. wrote:
Mimi F. wrote:The amount of lynches on Towa already surprises me.  Yes, she made a couple of logical errors in her reasoning on VT claims, but there really hasn't been anything said that warrants a hammered lynch this early in the day.

On the topic of JK claiming, it seems like are just too many variables that can go wrong.  Brodie mentioned the game of wifom going on between the town PRs and the mafia and chalked it up as a positive, but that's only if the town wins the battle of wits.  Also, without doctor claimed, the mafia could kill the doc, or the JK could target the doc and get targeted him/herself (unlikely), or the doctor could protect someone other than the JK and maf could kill JK (unlikely), or if the doctor DOES claim, he/she has to be jailed every night to be protected, which renders him/her useless.

To summarize:  Towa shouldn't be lynched this early in the day, JK claim is a shaky if not bad idea, and claiming doc is not even a possibility.
Reading this, I think JK should claim later down the road, but only if he has found something or it's important. I do not think him claiming day one is a good idea though. Mafia have a relatively low chance of hitting him first anyway so I think it's fine to hide out. Also, the room played a game of this, to y'know, have some practice, and the doc was lynched day one and the JK was hypoed. However, as we all know, hypoing doesn't always work out very well, especially in the anon games. (Jungle republic) Scum ended up winning this game, so lets try to avoid this route as much as possible.
 
I continue to agree that JK/doc should hold off on claiming unless lynches come their way. I would like to say, though, that I would like them to be claimed a day before mylo/lylo. The timing of the claim is important, holding off a JK claim until we hit mylo is just asking for a mafia CC, in which case, we risk a 50/50 of either hitting the mafia or hitting a PR and losing on mylo. This risk is fine if it's before mylo/lylo, but not on the day of. I would like this to be kept in mind by everyone if/when we get to that point.

Fernando T. wrote:Would like to see more activity from Gurkinn Haruno Chermaine and Ramona
Prod
I agree with the names you listed, but again, I would like to see more from you as well, verses these filler-esque posts that you keep making.

Delilah H. wrote:Towa, I see you are online, I'm eagerly awaiting to read your defense, as well as your reads/thoughts on who would be a better lynch.

Current reads:

Brodie S- Neutral- My distaste for his sarcasm interferes with my read on him, so I'm not going to say he's scummy for it. He's had useful pro-town posts, but I will hold off on him for now.
Fernando T- Scum read- filler af and providing nothing of use.
Nanette B- Town read- Need to go over her posts more thoroughly but running out of time for now.
Delilah H- Town read.
Professor Icarus- Neutral- Slight town read.
Mimi F- Town read- Slightly.
Annie F- Neutral.
Natasha L- Scum read- Only slightly and more so as a gut read. Need to reread posts, but again, time.
Ramona G- Town read- Slightly.


My reads were a little rushed and I will provide better ones tomorrow (irl) but I have little time now. The ones not mentioned don't have enough posts for me to accurately judge them. Also, Delilah, in response to who a better lynch would be, I would personally argue Fernando, Gurkinn, Haruno, Charmaine, or Ramona. Less so Charmaine, but the others are next to useless without any activity/anything productive to add. I hope to see them change that.

Last thing, if my thoughts are a little scattered, sorry, I'm tired and I tried to fit everything into one post. If there are things you would like me to address, let me know and I will try tomorrow when I update my reads.

Damn Towa, I'm impressed by your post tbh. I agree that JK/doc should hold off on claiming until a day or 2 depending on our situation b4 MYLO, in order to prevent Mafia CC. I would assume, however, that JK/Doc would know to claim before they are lynched. Like 2 irl days when they are at risk of le deadline. That way we have time to unlynch

Fernando T. wrote:
Towa Q. wrote:
Brodie S.:

Brodie S. wrote:1) Bandwagoning on a randomlynch is the most overtly nihilistic thing you could be doing at the moment. Congratulations(!), day one has barely begun, and I don't feel like I can trust you to pull your weight mid/late game now. Consider this a challenge to change my mind.

Let's explain the random lynch. As a few users have pointed out, a random lynch is not a bad start. It places pressure and can to discussion based on reactions to pressure. It's not as bad as you make it sound, Brodie, although thank your sarcastic response. A simple explanation would have been fine, instead of being a dick, dick. I don't care if you don't trust me to "pull my weight", this is how I play and if you don't like it, lynch me or get over it. I'm not going to change myself to fit your playstlye or gain your approval.  

I'm not sure if you realise that I rl'd on Gurkinn like 2 posts before

Spoiler:

Towa Q. wrote:
Fernando T. wrote:....
I already said, I made a rl to get stuff going, then a stupidbw came out of nowhere

Fernando T. wrote:Yay. We are into long post phase.
I feel that JK shouldn't claim. It wastes the possibilty of doc saving a night kill, unless doc goes ultra wifom. Also if doc gets hit, then we are into vanilla.


Time to start on you. First, tell me, what does on extra lynch matter for you to immediately switch to me once I start racking up the lynches? You used a random lynch and I put my own on your target to increase pressure. My lynch does not hammer, not even close, and yet you feel it was so game-changing to warrant a switch to me? I'd like your reasoning on this, please. And as for your last quote, if you think we're in the "long post phase", then maybe try making your own instead of pointlessly agreeing with people and not adding new information. So far, everything you have said has been filler-y, and you are now one of my scumreads because of it

Ok I guess you do realise I rl'd Gurkinn before
It's day 1. There really isn't much we can do. Thanks for clarifying why you rl'd that person tho. That's what I was looking for

unlunch Towa Q.

OK really... the fuck kind of defense is this? "It's D1" "What she said." "I was on him before you." Seriously? I get that it's D1 and random lynching can be beneficial but still, you could at least state it for yourself. Tbh idek if the problem in your post's formatting was truly accidental or not considering the fact that Towa was literally JUST saying that you haven't produced much more than a few one-liners which is the same thing I said about Haruno.

Speaking of which Haruno, Fernando and everyone else who hasnt contributed to our discussion (Charmaine was one name that I recall being mentioned. Gurkinn and Ramona too

(has Ramona or Gurkinn posted at all since the start of this game?)

YOU ALL BETTER START CONTRIBUTING SOON
[on a side note... cool you can change the size and color of the font as well as the font itself] AJ check if any of them need subs)

Back to Fernando, the reason why that is important to note is that without the formatting errors the parts that you said are literally 3 lines while with it, your post looks a lot longer. Granted you did mention that it was a mistake after the fact, but I don't know if it was mafia trying to cover up his mistake if someone notices. I doubt you were really counting on anyone actually taking the liberty of separating what you said and what Towa said... but I digress. (I like this word whoever used it btw... it was probably the bookworm Brodie tbh)

Natasha L. wrote:
Spoiler:

Towa Q. wrote:Since Natasha seems to think I am stupid (point a), let me explain it a bit better. I know what a JK does. I'm not suggesting they both claim and try to protect each other.

What I am suggesting with this "vt claim" thing is this: We pick a target to start a lynch, hence the attempt on Professor Icarus/Gurkinn N. Then, we ask them if they are a VT. Here's what it does: If they are not a VT, and are in fact a town power role, then they can claim. I'm not asking for the outright claim of both of our power roles, as that just leads to suicide, but, if we're attempting to lynch either of our power roles, then it's better for them to claim and not waste our time continuing to put lynches/pressure on a target only for the PR claim a few votes short of hammer and then everyone unlynching and us having to restart a day before DL. At best, we would have only VT claims as we start hunting targets, although there is an advantage to getting one of our PR claims out. Instead of getting all the specific quotes about it, I will just put everything right here. I would like EITHER the JK OR the doc picked out by this method. I agree that them claiming right away without reason is not the best idea, but if we're about to lynch on of them, then we need to know it. Getting one of them to claim gives us a clear D1, or mafia can be stupid and try to claim a town PR on D1, and by asking them to specify which one, we have the ability to get a CC out and lynch between the two. We can also get a town leader that we know we can trust, not follow blindly if they have bad ideas, but that we can trust. If it is the JK that claims, then the doc can be on them right away. If it is the doc that claims, then the JK can be on them to protect them. This is what I meant by the doc can be on JK and the JK can be on doc. We have a 1/13 chance of attempting to lynch the doc, and a 2/13 chance to hit either of our power roles.

OK, this is explained much better. I still do not feel as though you explained it well the first time, and I do not understand why you have a scumread on me (you never explained it). All you said was "scum read - I need to re-look over her posts." That being said, I was looking for information and contributions from you, and you delivered.

Unlynch Towa Q.

I do, however, agree that Fernando T. is the scummiest person in the game right now (with you being dismissed). He's been fillering, jumping on every bandwagon, and all of his "contributing" has actually been explaining why he bandwagonned on the rl early day 1.

lynch Fernando T.

Natasha her explanation for the lynch on you was a gut read, but she had to look more in detail on  you to confirm it within herself before she makes the final decision on whether or not you are scum. I agree that Towa did not explain it well enough the first time around, which is why she reached a 4 lynches.

Following up, Fernando is really interesting... in order to either produce more information from him or get a lynch out, I shall join the pressure on Fernando... although i have to wonder why Towa hasnt gotten on him yet. Is she trying to avoid people yelling OMGUS at her. Or maybe she feels that lynching Gurkinn will be more productive, as he hasnt said a word.
avatar
Delilah H.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Delilah H. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Charmaine:
Last visit : Today at 12:59 am
Latest post : Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Haruno:
Last visit : Yesterday at 4:06 pm
Latest post : Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:35 pm

Gurkinn:
Last visit : Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:56 pm
Latest post : Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Ramona:
Last visit : Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:06 pm
Latest post : Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:06 pm

See anything interesting about the four quiet people in question? I do. Charmaine and Haruno have been online since the last time they posted and havent contributed... when there has been significant contributions.

Esp. when you compare the time Towa posted her long defense (Yesterday at 11:13 pm) to the time she was last online almost 2 hours later.

Haruno still has yet to discuss any of the topics we have talked about, and has only posted one liners. Seriously?

Oh and I realized i forgot to switcch the lynch earlier.

Unlynch Towa Q. Lunch Fernando
avatar
Delilah H.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-16
Age : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Annie F. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:44 pm

I'm not going to make a huge post or anything atm because I'm so tired that it took me 20 minutes to catch up with reading, and I've forgotten most of it. I am going to say though, that I agree on Fernando looking scummy and don't think Towa is very scummy. As for my other reads, there's not much right now other than that I think brodie is an annoying little shit every once in a while, and delilah is half a shitposter but covers it up with some big posts.
avatar
Annie F.

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Gurkinn N. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:03 pm

This game is going by quite smooth. I like it Very Happy
avatar
Gurkinn N.

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Fernando T. on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:09 pm

Jesus christ gurkinn, thats what you have to offer?
@Towa i lynched you cos you hopped on my rl bandwagon, but unlynched when you explained it was just to increase pressure a little bit

I saw someone say I was hopping on Bandwagons. I was the second one to lynch towa, and had a very good reason for doing so. thats the closest ive been to bwing. I havent put much to the game yet, but that's cos is because it is day 1 and the only thing discussed so far is about JK claiming, which i briefly made my point about, and then there was Towa, and now me.
avatar
Fernando T.

Posts : 18
Join date : 2016-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 24: Near-Vanilla

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum