PS Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 21: Star-Crossed

+9
Sylvester S.
Keith U.
Katie P.
Joe H.
Melvin J.
Damian C.
Captain Marius
Jay A.
Peggy I.
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Game 21: Star-Crossed - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 21: Star-Crossed

Post by ajhockeystar Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:35 pm

Votecount 1.1

Peggy I.(1)- Captain Marius
Jay A.(1)- Mariah C.
Melvin J.(1)- Joe H.
Mika M.(0)-
Joe H.(0)-
Damian C.(0)-
Mariah C.(0)-
Captain Marius(0)-
Not Voting(5)- Peggy I., Mika M., Jay A., Melvin J., Damian C.
There are 8 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 13th at 9pm EST.
If the deadline was now, Peggy I. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

https://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian C. Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:21 pm

You've pretty much got all the people who haven't posted. Alright, I guess I've got nothing much to do now.
Damian C.
Damian C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin J. Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:29 am

Yes you do, you have posts to analyze, reads to make. If we're going to do this "everyone is a leader" thing we need to have everyone making reads and everyone needs to analyze things. Yes I know I haven't been here for 2 days, there's this thing called internet connection, I didn't have it. Yes I'm a bit grumpy, there's this thing called sleep, I didn't have it.

So far my scumread is mostly on Lynch Damian C.

It's like he's trying to look like he's helping, but really he hasn't done shit so far. Yes he lynched an inactive, but did that help us? I think Mika just didn't have time to respond before he got lynched. Another thing to note is that once Mika responded he unlynched and then didn't lynch again, even though the strategy was apparently "lynch all inactives", and there were some inactives without a lynch on them. This is really all I've got right now and I know it's a shitty reason. I just hope this will get people to do something rather than saying "We should all lead town", because after saying this Mika did literally nothing. Great leader there man, great leader.
Melvin J.
Melvin J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian C. Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 am

Melvin J. wrote:Yes you do, you have posts to analyze, reads to make. If we're going to do this "everyone is a leader" thing we need to have everyone making reads and everyone needs to analyze things. Yes I know I haven't been here for 2 days, there's this thing called internet connection, I didn't have it. Yes I'm a bit grumpy, there's this thing called sleep, I didn't have it.

It's like he's trying to look like he's helping, but really he hasn't done shit so far. Yes he lynched an inactive, but did that help us? I think Mika just didn't have time to respond before he got lynched. Another thing to note is that once Mika responded he unlynched and then didn't lynch again, even though the strategy was apparently "lynch all inactives", and there were some inactives without a lynch on them. This is really all I've got right now and I know it's a shitty reason. I just hope this will get people to do something rather than saying "We should all lead town", because after saying this Mika did literally nothing. Great leader there man, great leader.
Alright, not following up on another inactive lynch was quite a bad move. I was too lazy to read the player list another time to lynch another inactive. As for reads, I don't really have them. Yeah, I suck at that. But hey, before you people jump to lynch me, I suggest that we wait for a response from the inactives first. After all, it would be best if everyone got active first.
Damian C.
Damian C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin J. Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:13 am

I don't give a fuck if you suck at reads, you can ALWAYS analyze posts, say what you think might be someone's motivation if they're town or if they're mafia, or if you aren't quite sure if you think it's a scum thing to do or a town thing to do, you can say so. At least it means you're doing something, putting in effort.
Melvin J.
Melvin J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay A. Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:38 am

Hello, it's me.

Anyways, I finally have some free time after finishing stuff I gotta do. At first I saw the vote count and I was like WTF when did I lynch Mariah C(arey) until I realized it's the other way round. lol.

Let's get on topic. I disagree with lynching inactives because as most games show, they are usually town and thus we does not gain any information from them. But then again it's Day 1, we don't have much information anyways so it might be better to wait until everyone replied.

So far, I would have to agree with Melvin J. Damian C is the most active player of this game, but most of his posts lack content and does not suggest something new. In my opinion, I think we are just used to the fact that there is always someone manipulating town by acting as town leader (most often mafia, although just like inactives, that depends). It should be noted that even though I agree with Melvin, Damian's actions do not show clear mafia for me. I think he is just waiting for everyone to speak before he starts judging and analyzing post.

Hey, I spoke now so other inactives, speak up! Very Happy
Jay A.
Jay A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay A. Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:43 am

Can I go off topic and talk about my brush? like wtf is it for. Hopefully I can smack the mafia with my brush wahahahaha

Btw, my favorite way to scumhunt is to find motives, so it might be a bit hard to explain my thought sometimes since motives is subjective. I will try to make it as clear as possible and easy to understand. As for my lynch, I'll abstain and wait until later.

Let's win this and prove the other games town victory is not rare :p
Jay A.
Jay A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy I. Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:48 am

Ok sorry for inactivity I've p busy in the last few days but from now on I will try to be active.
well about reads im yet to get a strong one apart from maybe damian and maria
Peggy I.
Peggy I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy I. Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:23 pm

I've been p busy*
Well, I guess my avatar fits my grammar so thats nice.
Peggy I.
Peggy I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika M. Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Melvin J. wrote:Yes you do, you have posts to analyze, reads to make. If we're going to do this "everyone is a leader" thing we need to have everyone making reads and everyone needs to analyze things. Yes I know I haven't been here for 2 days, there's this thing called internet connection, I didn't have it. Yes I'm a bit grumpy, there's this thing called sleep, I didn't have it.

Oh I am sorry for revising for my GCSE english exam so that i can secure a good future. Maybe this is more important....

Well here I see a pretty good point.The good point here is that Damian is basically trying to fly under the radar. His quick reactions on unlynching was interesting although the argument against that is his random lynch on me was just trying to make me talk. Still he proceeded to say that he has nothing to do which is of course as Melvin pointed out, incorrect. I can deduce from this that he tried to make us feel that he did his job and that we should do ours therefore giving him an excuse to make him less active and thus flying under the radar.

Also I didnt like the way Mariah lynched Jay and also the fact that she said "lets lynch fast". Although it is true that I wanted inactives to be pressurised, it was just how it felt she was so desperate to lynch. This is emphasised when the lynch directly follows Joe's request of lynching him as he was lurking because this implies that she had found an opening in which she could lynch someone without being able to take the blame herself and instead, put the blame on either me or Joe....or both. As I said before, when taking into account all of this after she said "lets lynch fast", it just seems that her eagerness for lynching is quite bizzare especially when considering that the day would still go on for 3 more days...

One more thing, please cut out the attitude Melvin. I understand that you are getting worked up because of the lack of rest and internet which is causing you to be accused of inactiveness. But please, no one wants to deal with a constantly angry guy who shouts at you and makes you feel annoyed.
Mika M.
Mika M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah C. Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:16 pm

I agree with everything that Mika has said in this post above ^... accept for the thing about me rofl

In my defense, I feel like we don't have much time, so I felt like pressuring those who aren't contributing. For the record, this isn't the best excuse ever for semi-randlynching, but right now, whatever.

Still, I support the lynch on Damian, although I'm not gonna do it yet because that would be denying everything I just said.

For now, I will unlynch Jay A. though, so I can lynch later. We don't have a ton of time left, so hurry.
Mariah C.
Mariah C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah C. Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:28 pm

tfw no one has talked for a long time

So yeah, I'm not going to be talking for most of tomorrow... I'm very busy. As a result, I'm placing my lynch on Damian C. for now because with the information that I've got, he is in my opinion, our best lynch.

I'm sorry about not being able to talk much tomorrow.
Mariah C.
Mariah C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian C. Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:48 pm

I wasted an hour and a half typing views on everyone, but then my browser suddenly went back to the previous screen. That's it, get me lynched. I'm village, but I'll probably do you no good. Also, you people should post reads on every single player, since that will confuse the mafia of who to kill.
Damian C.
Damian C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin J. Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:52 am

Unlynch Damian

While I know I brought up the point of damian trying to fly under the radar, there's a better lynch option imo.

lynch Joe H.

of course now everyone's going to say "OMGUS", and you're right. His lynch is my reason. I wouldn't have minded if he'd come on, discussed and retracted his lynch, but he didn't. He didn't discuss, he didn't retract his lynch. He's had a whole day since I came on to retract his lynch, seeing as the pressure obviously wasn't useful anymore. He's had 2 days to come on and discuss something, seeing as he lynched people for not being here to discuss. So yes, you can call it OMGUS, but he's a hypocrite and I'd rather have damian alive as we can get a read on him than have Joe alive. I can't read him, I only know he's being a hypocrite, and I don't like hypocrites.

Mika: Sorry for being annoyed at the town not doing shit in one post, apparently it's a huge problem to be annoyed during ONE post, and apparently it's still a huge problem when you have a reason to be annoyed. My apologies. Perhaps you're trying to create a conflict? Trying to create an opportunity to lynch me? Yes I've got scum-reads all over the place, I know. I'm not sure if you're a scum read though.
Melvin J.
Melvin J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika M. Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:45 am

If you dont like hypocrites, why are you being a hypocrite now? You said that I am trying to make a conflict to try and get you lynched, yet all I asked for is for you to stop being so angry at everything with your overly sarcastic comments (i did one too but thats coz you did about 3). You are the one who is trying to make a big deal out of everything so you are trying to create a conflict, not me.

I appreciate the fact you are actually trying to help with making reads and stuff, but adding content like that is just gonna waste your time...and waste my time trying to reply to a comment that misunderstood my intention.

In this theme, when you lynch one mafia, the game suddenly becomes harder coz mafia actually guarentees a kill. So what I suggest is that we try to get as little deaths as possible while trying to find mafia so that when we try to find the second they dont just sweep us. This is Day 1 and really the content here is quite good, so I suggest not lynching day 1 because we really dont have a proper lead. Day 1 evidence isnt always the best so I would rather wait day 2 to be sure of my lynch and to avoid too many deaths leading to finding the 2nd maf.
Mika M.
Mika M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe H. Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 am

Forgive me for not immediately Unlynching Melvin J. It seems you're able to defend your initial lurking as being busy, but have failed to consider that I may have been busy as well.

So far, I agree with Mika M. A NL today while we try to sort out who the mafia is sounds like the best idea for us at the moment.

I see your point, Melvin, about Mariah C. following along with what I said, and then changing to BW on Damian C. after you had already made your lynch. She's one of my top scum reads atm.

I still haven't seen much of Jay A other than him agreeing with you. Same with Peggy I. only it seems she put so much less effort into her posts.

For now, I will withhold my lynch and see how things go. I will be on later today to update it as we get more activity and people have a chance to see this. As for Damian C, I'm still forming an opinion on him.
Joe H.
Joe H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy I. Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:52 am

Damian C. wrote:Also, you people should post reads on every single player, since that will confuse the mafia of who to kill.

That is such a bad idea to do day 1 in this theme. How exactly will it confuse the mafia? If anything, it will let the mafia hint on the nightkill to his partner.
Peggy I.
Peggy I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe H. Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Peggy I. wrote:That is such a bad idea to do day 1 in this theme. How exactly will it confuse the mafia? If anything, it will let the mafia hint on the nightkill to his partner.

Actually, I feel it could be useful. Not only will it allow us all to see what each other is thinking, but if it does lead to the mafia making a kill, it could give us a better idea of who the mafia are, by reading over everything that was said the following day.
Joe H.
Joe H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah C. Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:14 pm

I agree with Peggy. Why would you post reads on... anyone in this theme? If the mafia kill the same person, it puts the town at a slight disadvantage, and we certainly do not want that.

Staying on Damian. "I'm Village" lol. Also reads ^, and previous reasons.

This might be my only check-in today, or I might get one more. I feel like Joe and Damian are our best lynches. (Also this is kind of posting reads, but imo this is OK, it's not mass posting).

Mariah C.
Mariah C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Marius Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:29 pm

unlynching Peggy I

Thanks for speaking up Peggy, was mainly for pressure etc. I agree though, reads are a little bit redundant ATM, but the whole I'm shit at reads thing won't go down well in this. I'd happily lynch people who can't be arsed to give a proper point of view, we need to understand where we all be at to proceed in this game. And btw, I don't mind if we lynch today. Either way I feel we've been fairly productive, and if we all feel it would be safer to NL I'd happily do that, and if we wanted to lynch, please give the reasons for it, and we can talk it through. Deadline is today from what I remember AJ saying, so let's be active over today and get our shit together!
Captain Marius
Captain Marius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika M. Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Wtf are you guys on about? Since when was making no reads a good idea? "Hey guys how about we just dont scumhunt" (well tbf if we all acted like retards then mafia cant kill us without getting lucky). But seriously you make reads on who you think is scum and provide evidence for it. I guess townreads are pretty useless. That does not mean you dont make reads on anyone Mariah....

Again here Mariah makes herself look extremely scummy again because she took something and went completely nuts with it. Peggy said that making reads on everyone would make it easier for mafia to pick their target which is true coz there would be townreads in there. But mariah went ahead and said that you shouldn't make reads on anyone which is not only just plain stupid but scummy as well.

I am honestly not sure if i wanna lynch mariah or not here...i did say i wanted to NL to play safe but I just feel she is way too scummy to not be mafia. I dont think joe is a goos lynch and damian i guess is a possibility but again i am not sure.
Mika M.
Mika M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian C. Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Right, here are my last words:
1. I've kind of lost my will to play anyway (primarily caused by me losing my extremely long post), so I don't blame those who lynched me.
2. I'm really a townie.
3. Posting reads confuses the mafia on who to kill, and even if the mafia succeeds in doing so, allows us to analyze night kills and thus find the mafia.
4. Good luck, town!
Damian C.
Damian C.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:17 pm

Votecount 1.2

Damian C.(2)- Melvin J., Mariah C.
Melvin J.(1)- Joe H.
Peggy I.(0)-
Mika M.(0)-
Joe H.(0)-
Mariah C.(0)-
Captain Marius(0)-
Jay A.(0)-
Not Voting(5)- Peggy I., Mika M., Jay A., Damian C., Captain Marius
There are 8 alive so it takes 5 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Friday the 13th at 9pm EST.

Damian C. was lynched.

he was the...:

Night 1 Commence! Deadline is the 15th at 9pm EDT. Mafia, you can either send me your kill here or in the room if you see me.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:19 am

I apologize for being so late to update, my life is very busy right now.

The person killed was...:

Votecount 2.0

Peggy I.(0)-
Mika M.(0)-
Joe H.(0)-
Mariah C.(0)-
Captain Marius(0)-
Jay A.(0)-
Not Voting(6)- Peggy I., Mika M., Jay A., Captain Marius, Mariah C., Joe H.
There are 6 alive so it takes 4 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Saturday the 21st at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay A. Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:35 am

My playstyle is usually wait and react, but since free time is rare for me Sad I better post now since I have some time.

Sigh.. we lost a significant town contributor. This theme does rely us to scumhunt a lot, but everyone should be contribute equally so that no one stands out. Thus, I propose that we lynch someone that is the less active (or helpful) today. The reason for this is that

1) Everyone need to be active and participate fully so that we can scumhunt better
2) In contrary to other teams, it's hard to be a "town-leader mafia" in this theme because it would be weird to lead town and not get killed.

I don't know if you agree with this, since it relies on activity and not factual information, but I think an important part of mafia is the psychological part of it, not just what is written down.

I might have messed up my thought above so let me conclude: Let's force mafia to speak. Mafia benefits from this theme by going with the flow. If they talk more, no one will stand out and they might slip.

Hopefully you guys are following me, I will do some analysis later.
Jay A.
Jay A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next