Re: Game 17: Jungle Republic

Post by Victor W. on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Wait, didn't Kyle lynch Zach?
Victor W.

View user profile http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/victor-w.shtml

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor W. on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Also Zach deadline is sooner than I expected, so if you believe someone else other than you should be lynched, please say who and why.
Victor W.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Victor W. wrote:Wait, didn't Kyle lynch Zach?

oh gg, I missed that in like the first VC.
ajhockeystar
Admin

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza A. on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Victor W. wrote:Also Zach deadline is sooner than I expected, so if you believe someone else other than you should be lynched, please say who and why.

Yeah, this pretty much. Due the high likelyhood of lynching scum I don't really mind this lynch.
Eliza A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle L. on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Omg Eliza, stop. This is wrong. I can't betray victor like this. I know my hair and sticks are irresistible sexy, you don't have to keep telling me.

Otoshi, what will you do if the inactive we lynch, turns out to be seer?
Kyle L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary O. on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Victor W. wrote:Also Zach deadline is sooner than I expected, so if you believe someone else other than you should be lynched, please say who and why.

.. Seriously, so I guess you haven't been paying attention to my post? Like I said before we should lynch someone who WON'T be a help to town in anyway (Probably a trolly guy or an inactive player). In fact..

Lynch Katrina K
Zachary O.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary O. on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:41 pm

My bad Katrina, I found someone else

UL Katrina K

Lynch Mr. Briney
Zachary O.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shingo E. on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:45 pm

Kyle L. wrote:Omg Eliza, stop. This is wrong. I can't betray victor like this. I know my hair and sticks are irresistible sexy, you don't have to keep telling me.

Otoshi, what will you do if the inactive we lynch, turns out to be seer?
I feel bad for answering this one, but I'm not gonna answer the question directly, so I think it's okay.
If we lynch an inactive, they can't defend themselves, but they're also not gonna be helping out town.
If we lynch someone who's Zach active, then they can defend themselves, and claim if necessary. That may or may not have merits. If they claim seer, they're likely to be killed by WW Night 1, unless it's really obvious that they're fakeclaiming, in which case we would probably have already lynched them.
So while it's arguable that lynching an inactive would have problems, it's unfair to say that lynching an active and just saying "Oh, they'll claim if they're important, it's cool" is a good play either.
That might explain Zach's defensiveness, if he's figured this out and is seer, however it's much more likely that he is anti-town, going by statistics and the current roles. Everyone has to realise that there's not really a "foolproof" strategy, all have issues.
Shingo E.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle L. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:12 am

^ Makes sense tbh

Shingo, who do you propose you lynch. Eliza imo, maybe then she'll stop hitting on me
Kyle L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shingo E. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:16 am

Kyle L. wrote:^ Makes sense tbh

Shingo, who do you propose you lynch. Eliza imo, maybe then she'll stop hitting on me
We should kill Victor and see if it mentally breaks you.
I don't really have any ideas yet. Deadline's getting closer and it looks like Zach's gonna get it. All we can really do is hope he isn't seer, because if he is seer, it's probably too late for him.
Shingo E.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle L. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:23 am

Not mah bae bae ;_;

Zach if you're seer, claim now. Like ASAP. If you're a villager or whatever, just shh and take one for the team.

If Zach claims seer and he's not actually seer, real seer DON'T claim. Don't anyone fish you out. You have to stay alive for us Smile
Kyle L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shingo E. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:27 am

Kyle L. wrote:Not mah bae bae ;_;

Zach if you're seer, claim now. Like ASAP. If you're a villager or whatever, just shh and take one for the team.

If Zach claims seer and he's not actually seer, real seer DON'T claim. Don't anyone fish you out. You have to stay alive for us Smile
But if he is seer then the WWs are just gonna rek him tonight. .-.
Shingo E.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle L. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:41 am

Yeah but if he's seer we can at least not waste the lynch.
Kyle L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor W. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:54 am

@the above
if he's seer, I will unlynch immediately and lynch someone else, so don't worry about that (at least I will unless irl destroys me, in which case you'll have to rely on Kiyo)

Zachary O. wrote:

.. Seriously, so I guess you haven't been paying attention to my post? Like I said before we should lynch someone who WON'T be a help to town in anyway (Probably a trolly guy or an inactive player). In fact..

Lynch Katrina K

Katrina is not in our game.

Zachary O. wrote:My bad Katrina, I found someone else

UL Katrina K

Lynch Mr. Briney

So are you lynching Briney because he's trolly or inactive?
Victor W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle L. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:06 am

So will I Victor, the second he claims, I'll switch my vote. But I just get a scummy vibe off of him.
Kyle L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor W. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:20 am

Wait AJ, what are the rules for extensions in this?
Victor W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle L. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 am

No extensions iirc
Kyle L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Momoko D. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:32 am

Oh Zachary, you special thing you, lynching people not even in our game. xD

The problem I have with lynching inactive players is that they often flip town. Scum usually prefers to be active/filler to stay out of people's suspicions for a while. The other side to this is that inactive players don't help the town at all and they could be a scum who forgot about the game. I think it is better for the town to lynch an active person, because we can see who they allied themselves with and who lynched the person. It helps a lot with scum reads.

I feel bad for Zachary, everyone was blowing him off about him being worried about getting lynched and now the deadline is in a few hours, looming closer than many people expected. I wouldn't mind him being lynched though.

We need to pay closer attention to the next deadline and plan accordingly for Day 2. I don't want to see people surprised about the next deadline suddenly being so soon.

I'm sticking with my lynch on Otoshi, even though Zachary's just about guaranteed to be lynched.
Momoko D.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otoshi F. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:00 pm

If we are gonna lynch an inactive, I think we should lynch someone who hasn't done much scumhunting but seems to post a bit. that means shingo, Zachary, and sadly me.
I guess we could put Momoko in there as well.

I guess it's come to the end of the road for one of our contestants in Pokemon Showdown Anonymous Mafia Tournament!

lynch Zachary
Otoshi F.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle L. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:13 pm

oh, 9pm is the deadline? Thought it was 9 am and rushed here to see what he was Surprised
Kyle L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliza A. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Well, RIP Zachary, nice knowing you. Even though I don't actually know you.

He's probably going to flip town (as these day 1 lynches always turn out), but I will say I won't be surprised if he flips mafia. I'm not going to lynch today, but I do have a few reads in my pocket that I'll be glad to share later.
Eliza A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Momoko D. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Otoshi F. wrote:If we are gonna lynch an inactive, I think we should lynch someone who hasn't done much scumhunting but seems to post a bit. that means shingo, Zachary, and sadly me.
I guess we could put Momoko in there as well.

I guess it's come to the end of the road for one of our contestants in Pokemon Showdown Anonymous Mafia Tournament!

lynch Zachary

The people you mentioned aren't inactive. The person that comes to mind who is inactive is Emily. I'll figure out the others after consulting the player list.

I agree with what Melanie said, Day 1 lynches usually end up on town because scum can point fingers and follow along with lynches without rousing too much suspicion.
Momoko D.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Momoko D. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Oops, I meant I agree with Eliza's point on day one lynches.

As for inactive people, that would be Emily and Kiyo.
I don't recall seeing anything from Mr. Briney lately either.

Edit: The Hunter is also inactive. I found a post from Emily on page 7 or 8, and a post from Mr. Briney on page 6.

Last edited by Momoko D. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I updated the inactive list)
Momoko D.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyo H. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Eliza A. wrote:Well, RIP Zachary, nice knowing you. Even though I don't actually know you.

He's probably going to flip town (as these day 1 lynches always turn out), but I will say I won't be surprised if he flips mafia. I'm not going to lynch today, but I do have a few reads in my pocket that I'll be glad to share later.

Why not just share now? Is there any reasons to hide opinions?

And about day 1 lynches always flipping town, here are the reasons why that happens in most themes:
1. Mafia are like a third of all players, so they have a big influence on town meaning maf is a lot less likely to get bw'd than a town. Unless hardcore bussing.
2. Town is over double the size of mafia in most themes so town are more likely to get lynched from a random lynch prespective
3. Bad scum hunting due to lack of evidence because day 1.

In this theme not only do we have scum split into 2 groups meaning the influence is much smaller, but we have a higher chance to hit scum.
Im kinda optimistic about this.

Kiyo H.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily R. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:54 pm

I'm really sorry that I did not contribute much during this first day. I have been very busy in real life, and also I really don't know how to start discussion on day 1. Usually when I play mafia, I wait for someone to start a discussion then I contribute with my opinions. As the game progress, there will be more discussions that I can participate in. Also, I am quite a newbie at playing forum mafia so hopefully you guys understand Smile I promise I will contribute more.

Since I do have some free time right now, I will

UL Shingo

because of the lack of reaction to my lynch. (not sure if he missed my lynch or did not care to question why I did so) I do not mind a lynch on Zachary - I was looking back on other forum games and the townie people lynched Day 1 were usually like "Yeah whatever, lynch me idc". Thus, I am not really sure if Zachary is a townie or not.

I don't really know why, but Eliza A. seems a bit scummy from her reactions. Sometimes I don't really know how to convey my feelings, but it's just the tone of the message that leads me to believe so. Of course this depends on the person, so I am fine with you guys not understanding me and needing quotes. Hopefully I can better develop my opinions over the next few days.

I do want to lynch someone in order to get some points, but I really don't know who yet. But since this game has a 50% chance of a scum lynch, I guess I'll

lynch Eliza.

I want to wish Seer the best of luck in finding the werewolves tonight!
Emily R.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top