Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Willhiema L. on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Toby J. wrote:Sorry guys, I completely forgot about this.
And were any reasons specified for the lynchs or was it just random? because if Koji was mafia, I'm guessing someone would have said something by now to prevent him from getting lynched D1
Just saying.

The first lynch was an RL, but the second lynch was because of the fact he was posting filler despite the fact he is lynched which is scummy and also a little strange.
Willhiema L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willhiema L. on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:04 pm

There is something about Koji that is seriously eating my brain. The fact that he is doing everything so wrong and scummy that he is town? Surely not? It doesnt make sense to me...

Let me just explain my thought process here, Sunreeser has lynched him which secures his place on the hanging rope. But this is all he says....

Koji I. wrote:honestly, I got nothing that could possibly be seen as convincing. it's pretty much impossible to have anything like that at this stage.
the only reason I had the filler post was so I wasn't seen as "lurking". glad that worked.

Doesn't something strike you here? Well it does for me, the fact that he is refusing to help town... thats scummy right? But why is he not worried about dying? He KNOWS that he is gonna be out of the game, so surely mafia would want to try and defend himself. He would be pretty nervous and start basically throwing a tantrum and not give up. Then press on someone to redirect attention to someone else and mafia will get away. Aka he will start being seriously aggressive.... not just throwing in the towel...

As for me, I dont think I am going to lynch Koji, not because I think he is town, but because i dont think he is scum. The only viable reason for lynching him really is because he isnt helping town. But i dislike lynches that happen because of a reason like that. Its just another way of saying inactive = useless, useless = scum except just replace inactive with filler. He says he doesnt want to be seen as lurking, so he posts a filler instead... and he OPENLY STATES IT??? Either this is next-level mafia tactics... or he is just a towny that doesnt really want to contribute. Thats why to me he doesnt feel scummy.

inb4 he flips scum and i get rekt....
Willhiema L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koji I. on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Willhiema L. wrote:There is something about Koji that is seriously eating my brain. The fact that he is doing everything so wrong and scummy that he is town? Surely not? It doesnt make sense to me...

Let me just explain my thought process here, Sunreeser has lynched him which secures his place on the hanging rope. But this is all he says....

Koji I. wrote:honestly, I got nothing that could possibly be seen as convincing. it's pretty much impossible to have anything like that at this stage.
the only reason I had the filler post was so I wasn't seen as "lurking". glad that worked.

Doesn't something strike you here? Well it does for me, the fact that he is refusing to help town... thats scummy right? But why is he not worried about dying? He KNOWS that he is gonna be out of the game, so surely mafia would want to try and defend himself. He would be pretty nervous and start basically throwing a tantrum and not give up. Then press on someone to redirect attention to someone else and mafia will get away. Aka he will start being seriously aggressive.... not just throwing in the towel...

As for me, I dont think I am going to lynch Koji, not because I think he is town, but because i dont think he is scum. The only viable reason for lynching him really is because he isnt helping town. But i dislike lynches that happen because of a reason like that. Its just another way of saying inactive = useless, useless = scum except just replace inactive with filler. He says he doesnt want to be seen as lurking, so he posts a filler instead... and he OPENLY STATES IT??? Either this is next-level mafia tactics... or he is just a towny that doesnt really want to contribute. Thats why to me he doesnt feel scummy.

inb4 he flips scum and i get rekt....

i'm just... i'm just really bad at this
but yeah, I decided not to post against the decision to lynch me, largely because i felt my usefulness to town was at an end. to be fair it never began, but every game needs to start somewhere, and usually that somewhere is a lynch. the results of that lynch can help you to figure out the roles of people based on how they treated the lynchee
i just figured it'd be more beneficial in several ways if i was lynched. sure there are several ways it'd be disadvantageous, but for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. everything good is countered by something bad
Koji I.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimyo N. on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Sunreeser wrote:Well, the deadline is approaching very near and Koji didn't say much else. Do we all think he is the best lynch option? Or lynching someone else/nling is the better option?

Personally, I will keep my lynch. Still want feedback tho.
I think he's probably the best option, although I've got a few doubts. Nothing much we can do however, and we have our mislynches, so we may as well use it to get a boost on going forward in the game, and eliminating our peculiar suspects. Deadline is fast approaching, and i won't be about for it most likely so yeah, good luck whatever the outcome is, and i hope we gain something from this in the very least.
Kimyo N.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terri E. on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Adding on to what Willhiema L. said, I seriously doubt Koji I. is scum at this point. If he was mafia, I do not think he would be as calm as he is now considering deadline is coming up and he is on the verge of being lynched. Then again, I don't see a better option.
Terri E.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:26 pm

Votecount 1.4

Koji I.(2)- Satoru S., Sunreeser
Dayton B.(1)- Willhiema L.
Toby J.(1)- Terri E.
Terri E.(1)- Misawo M.
Willhiema L.(0)-
Himashi G.(0)-
Misawo M.(0)-
Sunreeser(0)-
Rossi U.(0)-
Azumi A.(0)-
Kimyo N.(0)-
Satoru S.(0)-
Not Voting(7)- Himashi G., Rossi U., Toby J., Koji I., Dayton B., Azumi A., Kimyo N.
There are 12 alive so it takes 7 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Sunday the 25th at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Koji I. would be lynched.

Koji I. was lynched!

he was a...:
Modified Doctor

Night 1 Commence! Deadline is two days from now, on Tuesday at 9pm EST.
ajhockeystar
Admin

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Willhiema L. the Modified Doctor was killed at night!

Day 2 Commence!

Votecount 2.0

Dayton B.(0)-
Toby J.(0)-
Terri E.(0)-
Himashi G.(0)-
Misawo M.(0)-
Sunreeser(0)-
Rossi U.(0)-
Azumi A.(0)-
Kimyo N.(0)-
Satoru S.(0)-
Not Voting(10)- Himashi G., Rossi U., Toby J., Dayton B., Azumi A., Kimyo N., Satoru S., Sunreeser, Misawo M., Terri E.
There are 10 alive so it takes 6 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 2nd at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Dayton B. would be lynched.
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misawo M. on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:59 pm

So I'm dumb and didn't protect my sole townread. Both of my townreads are dead now ._.

reading up
Misawo M.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misawo M. on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Terri E. wrote:Adding on to what Willhiema L. said, I seriously doubt Koji I. is scum at this point. If he was mafia, I do not think he would be as calm as he is now considering deadline is coming up and he is on the verge of being lynched. Then again, I don't see a better option.

What were your reads at that point?
Misawo M.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayton B. on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:53 pm

I just subbed in, so no idea what's going on.
From what I've seen, we've been discussing what we think is scummy. Be assured mafia will not do those things, and anyone who does to those things is stupid and needs lynching regardless of mafia or not.
I'm guessing this is like medical mafia, with an extra role.

Dayton B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimyo N. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:34 am

Dayton B. wrote:I just subbed in, so no idea what's going on.
From what I've seen, we've been discussing what we think is scummy. Be assured mafia will not do those things, and anyone who does to those things is stupid and needs lynching regardless of mafia or not.
I'm guessing this is like medical mafia, with an extra role.

Why shouldn't we do those things? Basing our whole sense of logic and knowledge on our own thoughts is dumb as hell, and we should really be sharing our reads periodically imo. Town is meant to work together to find scum, and doing it alone without direction is one of stupidest things I've heard in a while.
Kimyo N.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajhockeystar on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 am

Oh oops I forgot to mention that Dayton B. requested to be subbed out during the night, so a new user is using the account.
ajhockeystar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby J. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:35 am

Terri E. wrote:Adding on to what Willhiema L. said, I seriously doubt Koji I. is scum at this point. If he was mafia, I do not think he would be as calm as he is now considering deadline is coming up and he is on the verge of being lynched. Then again, I don't see a better option.

Thats pretty much what I said.
Also, if anyone did use their protect last night, It would be best not to say so unless necessary.
Toby J.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Himashi G. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 am

You idiot Koji, why didn't you vote yesterday on someone to save yourself? Come on.
Should the people who did nothing claim?
Himashi G.

Location : At home crying in a corner with an empty Mountain Dew can and a newly developed Sunreeser complex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumi A. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 am

if the people who did nothing claim it then that would show who the ones who did do something. If you know who didn't do it, then you know who did. As for my strategy, I didn't actually protect anyone. I wanted to see how the mafia would think, knowing that I said it I thought they'd either go for it, thinking I'd not protect, or they'd go for someone else, not willing to take a risk. Apparently they took a risk... and that just took out the best town member we seem to have...
Azumi A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumi A. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 am

basically the mafia is smart.
Azumi A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willhiema L. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:13 am

Yeah azuma, i knew that was your plan....which is why I didnt protect myself...

Yet ironically i had a feeling that mafia is gonna take the risk....and they did...

Well good luck town! And please dont screw up lol
Willhiema L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terri E. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Misawo M. wrote:

What were your reads at that point?

Koji I. was coming off as town for me at that point because of reasons already explained. I should have done something to prevent the lynching.
Terri E.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Himashi G. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Watch, as everyone scrambles to insist they had a town read on him.
In all honesty, I had a neutral read on him. In hindsight, I think it's good he's gone; it reduced the playerlist and removed someone we would(did) suspect to be a lurker/filler.
No hard feelings Koji bro, I'm sure you're great irl
Himashi G.

Location : At home crying in a corner with an empty Mountain Dew can and a newly developed Sunreeser complex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Himashi G. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Azumi A. wrote:if the people who did nothing claim it then that would show who the ones who did do something. If you know who didn't do it, then you know who did. As for my strategy, I didn't actually protect anyone. I wanted to see how the mafia would think, knowing that I said it I thought they'd either go for it, thinking I'd not protect, or they'd go for someone else, not willing to take a risk. Apparently they took a risk... and that just took out the best town member we seem to have...
Azumi A. wrote:basically the mafia is smart.
Not necessarily smart. We now know that the Mafia is probably people who have a tendency to be risk-takers; so we can use this to our advantage.
And btw, if claiming what you did/didn't do is bad, why'd you do it? scratch
Himashi G.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Himashi G. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:47 pm

My reads [Day 1]:

Himashi G.: I claim doctor! Very Happy
ajhockeystar:.ab Himashi G., gamethrowing
Himashi G. has been banned from the room.
boTTT: User "Himashi G." has been successfully added to the blacklist. (gamethrowing)

Misawo M.: You asked if No Killing is allowed. Either you are mafia and decided to ask that in-thread to make you better-sounding, or town who wanted to discuss strategy. Since nobody brought it up(except aj of course) due to it's obscurity, I'd wager town.

Sunreeser: I think pressuring inactives is better than lynching them, yes. But don't let them off the hook. But then you lynched Koji, in direct defiance with what you had just said, because he fillered one post. Why the big discrepancy between lurking and fillering? You reaffirmed this in your reply to Georgio about how lynching him, but... Wait what? There's no Georgio in this game. Willhemia even fell for that, quoting the quote in your post.  Question He's in game 13 LOL. Why make that up? You quoted a game 13 person and copy-pasted it into here? Why?
...Anyways, even after you said the deadline was approaching, you still maintained that lynchvote on Koji, even after saying it was to get him to talk.

Rossi U.: Nothing from this person has been said whatsoever. You made one post, your confirmation post. Why is it that you haven't been subbed out, but Dayton B., who was at least a little active, was? I mean, I'd imagine it would be harder to sub out scum because a subbing out affects them much more than it affects town.

Terri E.: Why randomlynch Toby J.? Surely you read what sunreeser and Willhemia said before then, right? You did say that we should let inactives sub out instead of being lynched, but why lynch a sort-of contributer as opposed to an inactive?

Toby J.:
Toby J. wrote:Sorry guys, I completely forgot about this.
And were any reasons specified for the lynches or was it just random? because if Koji was mafia, I'm guessing someone would have said something by now to prevent him from getting lynched D1
Just saying.
Interesting thought, but I have no idea what to think about it. Nothing else interesting from you, imo.

Dayton B.: Pressuring an inactive is better than lynching them. I think just whapping them upside the head so to speak is best. And looking back to see what people did in the past is a waste of time. Like, Circus-Frak-wasting-time-in-Minecraft Mafia bad. Focus on this game.

Azumi A.: Why the tangent on there being good, smart townies and perhaps one smart mafia?
And also...
Azumi A. wrote:*claps* the discussions gave me an idea. It does indeed benefit to discuss tactics, now for this I'm going to need to protect someone tonight, so I'll be protecting wilhiema. can't really explain what the point of this is quite yet.
WHY
WHY DIDN'T YOU ;-;

Kimyo N.: Well, we shouldn't just dismiss the inactives. People are paranoid about lurking because it works. You didn't lynch yesterday, which isn't really anything particularly special, but interesting considering some of the other relatively-actives did.

Satoru S.: I don't get the randomlynch on Koji. sunreeser and Willhemia were against it. Perhaps you kept on it because sunreeser switched and supported it?
I'll be discussing your strategy later, it's interesting.
Himashi G.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Himashi G. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:52 pm

Whoops, forgot to say who I thought was scum. For now, the people I most suspect are sunreeser, for being really weird (hard to explain, read my read on her please), Rossi U., for not saying a single word (well, it actually was a singe word, 'confirming' .-.), Dayton B., for wanting to waste time, and doing it himself, and Azumi A., for saying she was going to protect Willhemia but not doing so.
Himashi G.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimyo N. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Himashi G. wrote:Kimyo N.: Well, we shouldn't just dismiss the inactives. People are paranoid about lurking because it works. You didn't lynch yesterday, which isn't really anything particularly special, but interesting considering some of the other relatively-actives did.
I only didn't lynch yesterday because I didn't feel as if it was the place for it. I said I would probably just ruin it for us and end up leaving my lynch on him, and end up causing plurality or a hammer.

I think we should personally perhaps all get to together and do some read lists today. We have some basic knowledge, and I think that is sufficient for us to get an idea of the players. I'll read up and do that in a ill bit, extremely busy currently. Will have it all done by tomorrow (I hope :p)
Kimyo N.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby J. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Himashi G. wrote:You idiot Koji, why didn't you vote yesterday on someone to save yourself? Come on.
Should the people who did nothing claim?

Well, what if he did lynch someone else at the last minute to save himself and that person turned out to be town? Then we'd all get suspicious and lynch him the next day, right? And in that case, we would have lost two townies. So tbh, he couldn't have really done much.
Also, for the fact, I never said I had a town read on him. Mine was pretty neutral too except for what I said earlier that you quoted.
Toby J.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoru S. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:53 pm

^ and also if he didn't really have anything to say on himself, he preferred to take the lynch than other would. I'm barely reading the posts and my internet cut out that day so I could not see what was happening. I would have uld him due to not having any desperation signs and what was said before. Tbh the doc protects like right now are screwing us as we really are focused on that and not really intent on finding scum. Cleaning people like that (I skimmed so if I got anything wrong, correct me) is not really confo at all and if a mafia gets smart, he can eventually get off the scum radar. Tbh we no longer do doc protects and play this as vanilla.
Satoru S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top