Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sunreeser on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:14 am

Himashi G. wrote:My reads [Day 1]:

Himashi G.: I claim doctor! Very Happy
ajhockeystar:.ab Himashi G., gamethrowing
Himashi G. has been banned from the room.
boTTT: User "Himashi G." has been successfully added to the blacklist. (gamethrowing)

Misawo M.: You asked if No Killing is allowed. Either you are mafia and decided to ask that in-thread to make you better-sounding, or town who wanted to discuss strategy. Since nobody brought it up(except aj of course) due to it's obscurity, I'd wager town.

Sunreeser: I think pressuring inactives is better than lynching them, yes. But don't let them off the hook. But then you lynched Koji, in direct defiance with what you had just said, because he fillered one post. Why the big discrepancy between lurking and fillering? You reaffirmed this in your reply to Georgio about how lynching him, but... Wait what? There's no Georgio in this game. Willhemia even fell for that, quoting the quote in your post.  Question He's in game 13 LOL. Why make that up? You quoted a game 13 person and copy-pasted it into here? Why?
...Anyways, even after you said the deadline was approaching, you still maintained that lynchvote on Koji, even after saying it was to get him to talk.

Rossi U.: Nothing from this person has been said whatsoever. You made one post, your confirmation post. Why is it that you haven't been subbed out, but Dayton B., who was at least a little active, was? I mean, I'd imagine it would be harder to sub out scum because a subbing out affects them much more than it affects town.

Terri E.: Why randomlynch Toby J.? Surely you read what sunreeser and Willhemia said before then, right? You did say that we should let inactives sub out instead of being lynched, but why lynch a sort-of contributer as opposed to an inactive?

Toby J.:
Toby J. wrote:Sorry guys, I completely forgot about this.
And were any reasons specified for the lynches or was it just random? because if Koji was mafia, I'm guessing someone would have said something by now to prevent him from getting lynched D1
Just saying.
Interesting thought, but I have no idea what to think about it. Nothing else interesting from you, imo.

Dayton B.: Pressuring an inactive is better than lynching them. I think just whapping them upside the head so to speak is best. And looking back to see what people did in the past is a waste of time. Like, Circus-Frak-wasting-time-in-Minecraft Mafia bad. Focus on this game.

Azumi A.: Why the tangent on there being good, smart townies and perhaps one smart mafia?
And also...
Azumi A. wrote:*claps* the discussions gave me an idea. It does indeed benefit to discuss tactics, now for this I'm going to need to protect someone tonight, so I'll be protecting wilhiema. can't really explain what the point of this is quite yet.
WHY
WHY DIDN'T YOU ;-;

Kimyo N.: Well, we shouldn't just dismiss the inactives. People are paranoid about lurking because it works. You didn't lynch yesterday, which isn't really anything particularly special, but interesting considering some of the other relatively-actives did.

Satoru S.: I don't get the randomlynch on Koji. sunreeser and Willhemia were against it. Perhaps you kept on it because sunreeser switched and supported it?
I'll be discussing your strategy later, it's interesting.

OK. I swear I did not go crazy and georgio was actually posting in this game, and that is why I quoted it. I think he thought he was in game 14 but then realized he was wrong so he went back. Ajhockeystar, can you confirm this? (or anyone that saw it really ;~Wink

Anyways for you reads on me: Koji was not lurking. He posted filler despite being on the edge of lynch. I know that is what mafia wouldn't do, but I wouldn't unlynch him for the reason that "no reaction and just filler, must be town". I don't want mafia to take this as an example of way to buy my trust. Also, I don't think I lynched Koji because it was to him get to talk but more because when he talked, there was no new thought being contributed to discussion.
avatar
Sunreeser

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sunreeser on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 am

Sunreeser wrote:Koji, do you have anything to say about the fact that if votes stay the same, you will be lynch? Anything to defend yourself?

Your previous post is a filler more than anything, and does not contribute to town.

Therefore, I will place my lynch on Koji.

Lynch Koji

If you say anything convincing, then I will unlynch you.

I never mentioned anything about inactive in this post. Also, I could have sworn that Georgio was not in the game, Himashi, did you really not see his posts?

Anyways, I feel Himashi reads are good but there are definitely questionable thoughts and some wrong information/unjustified reasoning on there.
avatar
Sunreeser

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Misawo M. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:54 am

Azumi A. wrote:if the people who did nothing claim it then that would show who the ones who did do something. If you know who didn't do it, then you know who did. As for my strategy, I didn't actually protect anyone. I wanted to see how the mafia would think, knowing that I said it I thought they'd either go for it, thinking I'd not protect, or they'd go for someone else, not willing to take a risk. Apparently they took a risk... and that just took out the best town member we seem to have...
why did you risk the best town member, just to find out if they were interested in risks or not?
avatar
Misawo M.

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:04 am

As I'm on phone I'll only react to the read himashi did on me for now, but first, georgio actually posted here.

I get what you mean about wilhiema but it was part of the plan. See how mafia thinks. I didn't protect on purpose, otherwise we wouldn't get the proper information. I had to pick wilhiema because she has been the most towny person so far. But seriously? Do you expect me to kill wilhiema after having said I would protect her if I was mafia? That would direct attention to me, I'm not that stupid. But wait... what if that WAS the plan... Well only I know for sure, and you will just have to trust me for the rest. Nothing I can say can make you feel 100% sure about my role. As for why I risked wilhiema, they would never take the bait otherwise and we would get no info.
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:06 am

And even if I wouldn't have done anything, I doubt wilhiema would be more save.
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by ajhockeystar on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:12 am

Georgio was posting in this game which is the wrong one, so I deleted his posts.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by ajhockeystar on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 am

Votecount 2.1
******************************

Dayton B.(0)-
Toby J.(0)-
Terri E.(0)-
Himashi G.(0)-
Misawo M.(0)-
Sunreeser(0)-
Rossi U.(0)-
Azumi A.(0)-
Kimyo N.(0)-
Satoru S.(0)-
Not Voting(10)- Himashi G., Rossi U., Toby J., Dayton B., Azumi A., Kimyo N., Satoru S., Sunreeser, Misawo M., Terri E.
******************************
There are 10 alive so it takes 6 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 2nd at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Dayton B. would be lynched.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 am

Himashi G. wrote:My reads [Day 1]:

Himashi G.: I claim doctor! Very Happy
ajhockeystar:.ab Himashi G., gamethrowing
Himashi G. has been banned from the room.
boTTT: User "Himashi G." has been successfully added to the blacklist. (gamethrowing)

Misawo M.: You asked if No Killing is allowed. Either you are mafia and decided to ask that in-thread to make you better-sounding, or town who wanted to discuss strategy. Since nobody brought it up(except aj of course) due to it's obscurity, I'd wager town.

Asking about that isn't really something that helps determine what side someone is on, town would love to ask that to know what the possibilities are for the mafia, so we can be prepared, mafia would love to ask that in the chat to seem like town. It's impossible to say which it is in this one, and as it's psanon we don't know if someone is acting dumber than usual either, meaning they can fake being a stupid townie who had 1 good question easily, get rid of suspections. And it could also just be a legit stupid townie, then again it can also be a smart mafia or town. I just can't decide what side that would be.

Sunreeser: I think pressuring inactives is better than lynching them, yes. But don't let them off the hook. But then you lynched Koji, in direct defiance with what you had just said, because he fillered one post. Why the big discrepancy between lurking and fillering? You reaffirmed this in your reply to Georgio about how lynching him, but... Wait what? There's no Georgio in this game. Willhemia even fell for that, quoting the quote in your post.  Question He's in game 13 LOL. Why make that up? You quoted a game 13 person and copy-pasted it into here? Why?
...Anyways, even after you said the deadline was approaching, you still maintained that lynchvote on Koji, even after saying it was to get him to talk.

Said the thing about georgio already and stuff, and the rest can only be explained by sunreeser, as I don't know how he thinks. Nothing much to say about this.

Rossi U.: Nothing from this person has been said whatsoever. You made one post, your confirmation post. Why is it that you haven't been subbed out, but Dayton B., who was at least a little active, was? I mean, I'd imagine it would be harder to sub out scum because a subbing out affects them much more than it affects town.

Keep in mind, Dayton actually ASKED to get subbed out. ASKED. And the time before you get subbed out if you seriously don't do anything is long as hell, seriously.

Terri E.: Why randomlynch Toby J.? Surely you read what sunreeser and Willhemia said before then, right? You did say that we should let inactives sub out instead of being lynched, but why lynch a sort-of contributer as opposed to an inactive?

nothing much I can say about this.

Toby J.:
Toby J. wrote:Sorry guys, I completely forgot about this.
And were any reasons specified for the lynches or was it just random? because if Koji was mafia, I'm guessing someone would have said something by now to prevent him from getting lynched D1
Just saying.
Interesting thought, but I have no idea what to think about it. Nothing else interesting from you, imo.

Dayton B.: Pressuring an inactive is better than lynching them. I think just whapping them upside the head so to speak is best. And looking back to see what people did in the past is a waste of time. Like, Circus-Frak-wasting-time-in-Minecraft Mafia bad. Focus on this game.

Azumi A.: Why the tangent on there being good, smart townies and perhaps one smart mafia?
And also...

Just to make sure everyone realizes people like the the mafia of game 11 and 12 exist, but also the people who still got them from 11 and 12, so don't just act like "Oh this guy is smart, he must be town" or the other way around.

Azumi A. wrote:*claps* the discussions gave me an idea. It does indeed benefit to discuss tactics, now for this I'm going to need to protect someone tonight, so I'll be protecting wilhiema. can't really explain what the point of this is quite yet.
WHY
WHY DIDN'T YOU ;-;

explained it already.

Kimyo N.: Well, we shouldn't just dismiss the inactives. People are paranoid about lurking because it works. You didn't lynch yesterday, which isn't really anything particularly special, but interesting considering some of the other relatively-actives did.

So wait... you do say this about Kimyo but not about me? As I'm pretty sure I didn't lynch. And it's not weird to not lynch, as the town only loses points from wrong lynches, and mafia gains points from it for the leaderboard.

Satoru S.: I don't get the randomlynch on Koji. sunreeser and Willhemia were against it. Perhaps you kept on it because sunreeser switched and supported it?
I'll be discussing your strategy later, it's interesting.

Comments in bold
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:21 am

Himashi G. wrote:Whoops, forgot to say who I thought was scum. For now, the people I most suspect are sunreeser, for being really weird (hard to explain, read my read on her please), Rossi U., for not saying a single word (well, it actually was a singe word, 'confirming' .-.), Dayton B., for wanting to waste time, and doing it himself, and Azumi A., for saying she was going to protect Willhemia but not doing so.

About sunreeser: What I saw in your read was pretty bad assumptions, because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

About Rossi: That doesn't make someone scum...

About Dayton: wait he's wasting time? You do realize he just got subbed in right?

About me: That was the whole strategy! Did you even read my first post after I saw wilhiema had died? iirc I explained my strategy in there. If you had read that you would have known that.
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:23 am

basically so far to me most people aren't really scummy and I kind of agree with most of what Himashi said, just some things that he seems to be twisting around, possibly on purpose but possibly on accident, to make people seem scummier, which makes most of my suspicions rest on him. As last time someone was twisting words around to make people look scummy he ended up being mafia I'm not going to let it as it is and ignore it, not this time.
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sunreeser on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:57 am

ajhockeystar wrote:Georgio was posting in this game which is the wrong one, so I deleted his posts.

Great, I am not crazy. Anyways, this bring up a question to Himashi, why didn't you see georgio's posts? Were you not reading in full detail yesterday or did you forget? It is still a valid point to point out I guess since it really isn't there (aj removed it), but I still think he is a bit scummy for capitalizing so quickly on that point and making assumptions such as I copied it from another thread. Also I forgot to mention in my previous post but the Koji lynch was not to get him to talk but because he talked in a way that did not contribute to town.
avatar
Sunreeser

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Himashi G. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Sunreeser wrote:
Sunreeser wrote:Koji, do you have anything to say about the fact that if votes stay the same, you will be lynch? Anything to defend yourself?

Your previous post is a filler more than anything, and does not contribute to town.

Therefore, I will place my lynch on Koji.

Lynch Koji

If you say anything convincing, then I will unlynch you.

I never mentioned anything about inactive in this post. Also, I could have sworn that Georgio was not in the game, Himashi, did you really not see his posts?

Anyways, I feel Himashi reads are good but there are definitely questionable thoughts and some wrong information/unjustified reasoning on there.
I don't think you understood what I was getting onto you about.
Himashi G. wrote:Sunreeser: I think pressuring inactives is better than lynching them, yes. But don't let them off the hook. But then you lynched Koji, in direct defiance with what you had just said, because he fillered one post. Why the big discrepancy between lurking and fillering? You reaffirmed this in your reply to Georgio about how lynching him, but... Wait what? There's no Georgio in this game. Willhemia even fell for that, quoting the quote in your post.  Question He's in game 13 LOL. Why make that up? You quoted a game 13 person and copy-pasted it into here? Why?
...Anyways, even after you said the deadline was approaching, you still maintained that lynchvote on Koji, even after saying it was to get him to talk.
You seem a little wrapped-up that I got onto for that. I was not getting onto you for lynching him for being inactive, I was getting onto you for for lynching him for fillering, when you'd said earlier that we should not lynch the lurkers. You obviously understood this because you said this:
Sunreeser wrote:Anyways for you reads on me: Koji was not lurking. He posted filler despite being on the edge of lynch.
And you had clearly read my read on you because you bothered to post, so why make the misleading claim that I was getting onto you for lynching Koji for being inactive when I was clearly getting onto you for lynching Koji for fillering? Why would that matter to you to make that claim?
And I did not see Georgio's posts because aj had deleted them like a good mod would does right when he saw them. @ajhockeystar99, please tell us when you deleted those posts to reaffirm that I'd not seen them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azumi A. wrote:As I'm on phone I'll only react to the read himashi did on me for now, but first, georgio actually posted here.

I get what you mean about wilhiema but it was part of the plan. See how mafia thinks. I didn't protect on purpose, otherwise we wouldn't get the proper information. I had to pick wilhiema because she has been the most towny person so far. But seriously? Do you expect me to kill wilhiema after having said I would protect her if I was mafia? That would direct attention to me, I'm not that stupid. But wait... what if that WAS the plan... Well only I know for sure, and you will just have to trust me for the rest. (THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING QUOTE EVER) Nothing I can say can make you feel 100% sure about my role. As for why I risked wilhiema, they would never take the bait otherwise and we would get no info.
I now realize he did post here; but when you see someone who quoted someone whose posts had been mod-deleted, what's your first thought? Obviously, "That person is not in this game, was that made up?"
And, look, if you have an ability, FREAKING USE IT. If you suspect something bad might happen, then why wouldn't you take action to prevent it? If someone did use their protect of Willhiema at the same time you did, well, I guess you wasted something; but it's better than not using it at all.
And you're telling me this is your defense for trying to preserve for later use your essentially slightly-better-than townie ability:
Azumi A. wrote:if the people who did nothing claim it then that would show who the ones who did do something. If you know who didn't do it, then you know who did. As for my strategy, I didn't actually protect anyone. I wanted to see how the mafia would think, knowing that I said it I thought they'd either go for it, thinking I'd not protect, or they'd go for someone else, not willing to take a risk. Apparently they took a risk... and that just took out the best town member we seem to have...
What in the world, how do those two things correlate?
"I didn't protect on purpose, otherwise we wouldn't get the proper information. I had to pick wilhiema because she has been the most towny person so far."
...When just earlier today you said the above quote. Funny. And since when is obtaining information on who did what one night better than protecting a big town lead? Really?
Willhiema L. wrote:Yeah azuma, i knew that was your plan....which is why I didnt protect myself...
Yeah, Azuma. Maybe that was your plan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azumi A. wrote:
About sunreeser: What I saw in your read was pretty bad assumptions, because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. I find it interesting that you and sunreeser are beating the drum about bad assumptions. More on that later.

About Rossi: That doesn't make someone scum... It's a darn good indicator though. Take two people whose posts had been relatively neutral the whole game. One has been actively posting the whole time. The other has made only a few posts mid-game. Which one tingles the scumdar more?

About Dayton: wait he's wasting time? You do realize he just got subbed in right? You're responsible for the mistakes of the person you subbed for, albeit to a lesser extant than if you'd been the perpetrator. A scummy act by somebody makes them appear scum; subbing the person out doesn't take away the scumminess of that previous action; they therefore inherit some of that suspicion.

About me: That was the whole strategy! Did you even read my first post after I saw wilhiema had died? iirc I explained my strategy in there. If you had read that you would have known that. I did know that. It doesn't mean I believe it.
comments in bold
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azumi A. wrote:basically so far to me most people aren't really scummy and I kind of agree with most of what Himashi said, just some things that he seems to be twisting around, possibly on purpose but possibly on accident, to make people seem scummier, which makes most of my suspicions rest on him. As last time someone was twisting words around to make people look scummy he ended up being mafia I'm not going to let it as it is and ignore it, not this time.
It sounds like you're trying to cast doubt on my veracity, when posting my reads is clearly a pro-town action, while at the same time attempting to insist that you believe that few people are scummy, even going so far as to say that "maybe Himashi mis-said those things accidentally", even when "most of your suspicions rest on me" so as to get me off your back.
It's okay--the "Everyone is so good-feeling – nobody to suspect!" effect is quite common in inexperienced mafia players who are the mafia. This is when when the player considers everyone, except maybe one, as being a villy and doesn't call anybody mafia in his speech. The motive of this often-a-lie lies within the fact that each of us is afraid to make enemies. You will try not to accuse your mafia teammate, won’t you? At the same time you are either afraid to accuse villies,because they may lash back. As a result, the often-a-liar calls most people as being villy. It turns out that for him there are no villies at the table… Suspicious, isn't it?
I understand totally where you are coming from. It's just that you're not coming from good ground.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tl;dr: I apologize for not seeing Georgio's posts because they'd been deleted.
Sunreeser wrote:
ajhockeystar wrote:Georgio was posting in this game which is the wrong one, so I deleted his posts.

Great, I am not crazy. Anyways, this bring up a question to Himashi, why didn't you see georgio's posts? Were you not reading in full detail yesterday or did you forget? It is still a valid point to point out I guess since it really isn't there (aj removed it), but I still think he is a bit scummy for capitalizing so quickly on that point and making assumptions such as I copied it from another thread. Also I forgot to mention in my previous post but the Koji lynch was not to get him to talk but because he talked in a way that did not contribute to town.
10/10
avatar
Himashi G.

Posts : 86
Join date : 2015-01-17
Location : At home crying in a corner with an empty Mountain Dew can and a newly developed Sunreeser complex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Himashi G. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 pm

[I wrote another huge post but then accidentally pressed fn+link instead of ctrl+link so it didn't open in a new tab and I lost it all; I'll redo what I had to say later]

Azumi, you seemed to have noticeably picked up in activity once D2 began. Of the eleven posts you've made so far, 2 have been to defend yourself in not protecting Willhiema, and 5 have been in direct response to my reads. Perhaps that's a subtle form of OMGUSing, increasing activity only to defend yourself?
avatar
Himashi G.

Posts : 86
Join date : 2015-01-17
Location : At home crying in a corner with an empty Mountain Dew can and a newly developed Sunreeser complex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Himashi G. on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Before you get onto me for that, I consider saying your attacker is twisting information without explicitly saying how they are doing so to be defending yourself.
Lynch Azumi A.
avatar
Himashi G.

Posts : 86
Join date : 2015-01-17
Location : At home crying in a corner with an empty Mountain Dew can and a newly developed Sunreeser complex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:20 am

hahahahaha you're funny, but seriously, there is 1 thing I can say that you can't deny: I am not bad at being mafia, which is exactly why I do psanon, if you think I'm a nooby mafia then go ahead and think that, but I'm definitely not. If you think I don't have any scumreads to be save then why would I go onto you? you are after all being kinda agressive... which is familiar, and makes me even more suspicious. That you post reads does make you seem like town, but I've seen that before, especially in psanon games and it doesn't exactly make me feel any better about you, idgaf how much reads you post, that only means you're determined to win. Be it as mafia or as town, that's something I'll determine in other ways, I'm not like most people, I know who the mafia are without knowing. I doubt you'll understand this though, and I doubt people will believe me. Now I'll just respond to your things in the next post.
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:41 am

Himashi G. wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azumi A. wrote:As I'm on phone I'll only react to the read himashi did on me for now, but first, georgio actually posted here.

I get what you mean about wilhiema but it was part of the plan. See how mafia thinks. I didn't protect on purpose, otherwise we wouldn't get the proper information. I had to pick wilhiema because she has been the most towny person so far. But seriously? Do you expect me to kill wilhiema after having said I would protect her if I was mafia? That would direct attention to me, I'm not that stupid. But wait... what if that WAS the plan... Well only I know for sure, and you will just have to trust me for the rest. (THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING QUOTE EVER) Nothing I can say can make you feel 100% sure about my role. As for why I risked wilhiema, they would never take the bait otherwise and we would get no info.
I now realize he did post here; but when you see someone who quoted someone whose posts had been mod-deleted, what's your first thought? Obviously, "That person is not in this game, was that made up?" I understand what you mean, it's kinda weird to see that indeed
And, look, if you have an ability, FREAKING USE IT. If you suspect something bad might happen, then why wouldn't you take action to prevent it? If someone did use their protect of Willhiema at the same time you did, well, I guess you wasted something; but it's better than not using it at all. At the time I didn't think the mafia would take the risk, I know better now and so do we all, that's valuable information. Maybe I should have protected yeah, but it's a bit late for that now.
And you're telling me this is your defense for trying to preserve for later use your essentially slightly-better-than townie ability:
Azumi A. wrote:if the people who did nothing claim it then that would show who the ones who did do something. If you know who didn't do it, then you know who did. As for my strategy, I didn't actually protect anyone. I wanted to see how the mafia would think, knowing that I said it I thought they'd either go for it, thinking I'd not protect, or they'd go for someone else, not willing to take a risk. Apparently they took a risk... and that just took out the best town member we seem to have...
What in the world, how do those two things correlate?
"I didn't protect on purpose, otherwise we wouldn't get the proper information. I had to pick wilhiema because she has been the most towny person so far."
...When just earlier today you said the above quote. Funny. And since when is obtaining information on who did what one night better than protecting a big town lead? Really? if it really was so much better, why didn't you protect her? Or do you just not have the ability to protect? and are you seriously that stupid that you don't understand something weird is going on when someone says who they are going to protect beforehand?
Willhiema L. wrote:Yeah azuma, i knew that was your plan....which is why I didnt protect myself...
Yeah, Azuma. Maybe that was your plan. You do realize willhiema was talking about the information we got from it right? and apparently willhiema thought it was better to not have her protected, if she's the most towny person to you then why shouldn't you listen to her? of course you could also be thinking you're smarter and understand things better or something, but seriously?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azumi A. wrote:
About sunreeser: What I saw in your read was pretty bad assumptions, because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. I find it interesting that you and sunreeser are beating the drum about bad assumptions. More on that later.

I am very careful about people who make assumptions because people make assumptions that don't fit my literal words at all legit ALL the time. If that would happen to you I think you'd also be more cautious about people making assumptions.

About Rossi: That doesn't make someone scum... It's a darn good indicator though. Take two people whose posts had been relatively neutral the whole game. One has been actively posting the whole time. The other has made only a few posts mid-game. Which one tingles the scumdar more? Obviously the one who has only made a few posts, though that's not all you should base scumreads on. My scumradar tingles with things I can't quite place, that's just how it is and it means I can never really convince people I'm actually town and someone else is actually mafia... quite unconvenient.

About Dayton: wait he's wasting time? You do realize he just got subbed in right? You're responsible for the mistakes of the person you subbed for, albeit to a lesser extant than if you'd been the perpetrator. A scummy act by somebody makes them appear scum; subbing the person out doesn't take away the scumminess of that previous action; they therefore inherit some of that suspicion. This is something I do agree on, it sometimes loses me the game when I get subbed in to a mafia role, or even a town one sometimes but that happens less.

About me: That was the whole strategy! Did you even read my first post after I saw wilhiema had died? iirc I explained my strategy in there. If you had read that you would have known that. I did know that. It doesn't mean I believe it. sorry for not noticing that then, that was a bad assumption Razz, though the way you talked about it made it seem as if you didn't actually think about what my strategy was.
comments in bold
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azumi A. wrote:basically so far to me most people aren't really scummy and I kind of agree with most of what Himashi said, just some things that he seems to be twisting around, possibly on purpose but possibly on accident, to make people seem scummier, which makes most of my suspicions rest on him. As last time someone was twisting words around to make people look scummy he ended up being mafia I'm not going to let it as it is and ignore it, not this time.
It sounds like you're trying to cast doubt on my veracity, when posting my reads is clearly a pro-town action, while at the same time attempting to insist that you believe that few people are scummy, even going so far as to say that "maybe Himashi mis-said those things accidentally", even when "most of your suspicions rest on me" so as to get me off your back. I've mostly had mafia twisting words around for me, but sometimes a towny really did interpretate it the wrong way, so I'm not quite sure, I haven't got a lot of suspicions and I would be stupid as hell to place my suspicions on you if I wouldn't believe in it, that's just how it works.
It's okay--the "Everyone is so good-feeling – nobody to suspect!" effect is quite common in inexperienced mafia players who are the mafia. This is when when the player considers everyone, except maybe one, as being a villy and doesn't call anybody mafia in his speech. The motive of this often-a-lie lies within the fact that each of us is afraid to make enemies. You will try not to accuse your mafia teammate, won’t you?actually no, because of that idea of you I would never do such a thing. At the same time you are either afraid to accuse villies,because they may lash back. if that would be the case I wouldn't be going for you, as you have the most suspicions ready, of which a lot seem to be on me. As a result, the often-a-liar calls most people as being villy. It turns out that for him there are no villies at the table… Suspicious, isn't it?
I understand totally where you are coming from. It's just that you're not coming from good ground. and what do you mean by good ground?

Himashi G. wrote:[I wrote another huge post but then accidentally pressed fn+link instead of ctrl+link so it didn't open in a new tab and I lost it all; I'll redo what I had to say later]

Azumi, you seemed to have noticeably picked up in activity once D2 began. Of the eleven posts you've made so far, 2 have been to defend yourself in not protecting Willhiema, and 5 have been in direct response to my reads. Perhaps that's a subtle form of OMGUSing, increasing activity only to defend yourself?

if you'd have looked at the thread you'd notice that only now discussions are starting, and I usually react to discussions instead of starting them, you can find that scummy or you can just ignore it, it's just how it is. No changing it, maybe there will be a few discussions that I'll start sometimes but it wont happen a lot. About the posts, if you'd have looked at how they happened it was always additions to something I had said before, that's just how it is. I could go on and on about this and defend myself or something but it's just the way it is, if you find that scummy that's not my problem but yours as you wont find the actual mafia.

Himashi G. wrote:Before you get onto me for that, I consider saying your attacker is twisting information without explicitly saying how they are doing so to be defending yourself.
Lynch Azumi A.

aww how nice, you're lynching me, in response to the other thing though. I'll go ahead and look up your other thing so I can actually point out what seemed twisted to me, that'll be there for my next post.
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:52 am

Himashi G. wrote:

Sunreeser: I think pressuring inactives is better than lynching them, yes. But don't let them off the hook. But then you lynched Koji, in direct defiance with what you had just said, because he fillered one post. Why the big discrepancy between lurking and fillering? You reaffirmed this in your reply to Georgio about how lynching him, but... Wait what? There's no Georgio in this game. Willhemia even fell for that, quoting the quote in your post.  Question He's in game 13 LOL. Why make that up? You quoted a game 13 person and copy-pasted it into here? Why?
...Anyways, even after you said the deadline was approaching, you still maintained that lynchvote on Koji, even after saying it was to get him to talk. here you said something about what sunreeser said about koji, though I do get why you said it as my memory isn't perfect and I actually had about the same thought about it, later to be confirmed wrong by sunreeser as in his posts he quoted himself where he didn't say anything about inactivity, moreso about uselessness.

Rossi U.: Nothing from this person has been said whatsoever. You made one post, your confirmation post. Why is it that you haven't been subbed out, but Dayton B., who was at least a little active, was? I mean, I'd imagine it would be harder to sub out scum because a subbing out affects them much more than it affects town. Aj did say something about this, dayton asked to get subbed out, if you've read that and still have this thought about it then that makes my scumradar go off, as it's obvious that people who ask to get subbed out get subbed out first.

Terri E.: Why randomlynch Toby J.? Surely you read what sunreeser and Willhemia said before then, right? You did say that we should let inactives sub out instead of being lynched, but why lynch a sort-of contributer as opposed to an inactive? not so much twisted words as a "what the hell are you saying" thing, first you point out that we should not lynch the inactives quite yet and then you say it's weird to lynch a sort-of contributer instead... I don't really get what you mean, can you explain this further?

Toby J.:
Toby J. wrote:Sorry guys, I completely forgot about this.
And were any reasons specified for the lynches or was it just random? because if Koji was mafia, I'm guessing someone would have said something by now to prevent him from getting lynched D1
Just saying.
Interesting thought, but I have no idea what to think about it. Nothing else interesting from you, imo. That thought is indeed interesting, but koji is already dead and all, but say koji wasn't dead yet, what then? maybe toby would have been the one that was there to help koji, just something I felt like saying something about, nothing twisted around here.

Azumi A.: Why the tangent on there being good, smart townies and perhaps one smart mafia?
And also...
Azumi A. wrote:*claps* the discussions gave me an idea. It does indeed benefit to discuss tactics, now for this I'm going to need to protect someone tonight, so I'll be protecting wilhiema. can't really explain what the point of this is quite yet.
WHY
WHY DIDN'T YOU ;-;

Satoru S.: I don't get the randomlynch on Koji. sunreeser and Willhemia were against it. Perhaps you kept on it because sunreeser switched and supported it?
I'll be discussing your strategy later, it's interesting.

I do realize now that there weren't a lot of twisted words, but they're certainly there, and some I haven't really said anything about as they're not so much twisted as they are weird ways of saying what you mean, just the idea that I can't quite place it... it's weird and I can't quite explain it, also something good to know about me beforehand: I tend to see things, react to them, look at them later and realize I overreacted and overvalued it, though the one where I look at it later doesn't overreact on it, it never does.
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:57 am

have got some other interesting thoughts coming up but for now I'm going to eat
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:41 am

So for the thoughts, they're all about himashi. Surprising isn't it? *sarcasm* he is the most active person right now and he's got a lot of suspicions, it's kinda weird. He's got a lot of suspicions and then says having few is scummy, but I'm actually one of the few people other than him who even have a suspicion in the first place, yet he only goes after me. Weird... And what makes it so scummy actually? I legit don't think there's lots of scummy people right now... mostly as nobody has really talked yet... so how come himashi has 4 people he finds scummy, while 1 of them is legit for the reason of not talking iirc? Just so he can shove things off to others who might be troubling for him? I don't know. Only he knows, and only he can know for sure. Now don't think this is me saying he's scum, this is a thought I'm having, something weird about himashi. People often think that my arguments mean that I think someone is scum, and while I do believe himashi is the most scummy person atm, that doesn't mean I believe he's scum immediatley, it's just weird. Another thing that's just weird about himashi is how he's so quick to lynch. Like seriously? It's day 2 and you can't really know who is what unless you're mafia, meaning that you should be careful with your lynches as town imo, not just because it helps the town but also because of the leaderboards, say I get lynched and flip town he loses points... that is if he's town. If he's not then the he'll gain points. Dayton would get lynched by plurality if it wasn't for the lynch himashi placed... once again kinda weird though might be a coincidence. There were some other ideas I had about himashi but I forgot them Mad and while this is scummy I do not believe himashi should be lynched, he is after all starting discussions etc, then again having me being lynched would be kinda annoying too as I seem to keep discussions alive very well... Himashi, even if you do think I'm mafia, lynching me right now doesn't help town all that much, as if I am mafia and I'm so noobish as you think I can give you information, if I'm not as noobish as you think your assumptions are wrong. Either way it's a bad idea to lynch me, as I'm not mafia but town, and we as town need discussions, and there's not an awful lot of people who are willing to discuss right now. You stated before that lurking works, well why don't we look at the lurkers then? Instead of looking at people who are trying to help town. And yes, I do change opinion a lot as my scumradar works really weird and sometimes I work with logic and deduction and sometimes I work with my scumradar. Logic usually saves me and my scumradar usually finds the scum. And yes I do realize what I just said is scummy as hell, but I do feel we shouldn't fly at eachothers necks here, as there's other people who are doing less for town, and we don't want to be that one dead game.
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sunreeser on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:27 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MY POST GOT DELETED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
;-; I am so sad I typed like 3 paragraphs.
avatar
Sunreeser

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sunreeser on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:45 am

Alright, Take 2.

I apologize if I misunderstood what you said Himashi, but I think we are not in the same position. Hopefully this post will make things clearer. (Also not quoting the thing because it is too long)

"Sunreeser: I think pressuring inactives is better than lynching them, yes. But don't let them off the hook. But then you lynched Koji, in direct defiance with what you had just said, because he fillered one post. Why the big discrepancy between lurking and fillering? You reaffirmed this in your reply to Georgio about how lynching him, but... Wait what? There's no Georgio in this game. Willhemia even fell for that, quoting the quote in your post. Question He's in game 13 LOL. Why make that up? You quoted a game 13 person and copy-pasted it into here? Why?
...Anyways, even after you said the deadline was approaching, you still maintained that lynchvote on Koji, even after saying it was to get him to talk."

Before that: "Anyways for you reads on me: Koji was not lurking. He posted filler despite being on the edge of lynch."

I wrote this statement to made emphasize a point we can all agree about; I lynch Koji for fillering, not lurking. It wasn't suppose to start a new idea nor prove you wrong.

"I was not getting onto you for lynching him for being inactive, I was getting onto you for for lynching him for fillering, when you'd said earlier that we should not lynch the lurkers."

I think this is where we misunderstood each other so i'll try to explain.

1) The big discrepancy: Personally, inactives, lurking and fillering are three different things that should be treated differently. In my previous posts, yes, I disagreed about inactives. However, Koji was not inactive, but rather fillering which I never said we shouldn't lynch. Inactive to me means those that never come online or even look at the thread. Fillering/Lurking to me means to come online and read what is going on, but doesn't contribute to the discussion. Therefore, I didn't contradict myself here. I never said that we should not lynch those who filler, so I think this point from you is incorrect. If you can include a post that you may not fully understand, please quote it so I can clarify.

2) Why I lynch Koji: I lynched Koji because he was on the edge of lynch and had been asked to speak up and contribute, which he didn't do. He posted fillers such as "sure lots of mentions about ODM in this game...." which isn't really helpful. To make it clear, my reasoning wasn't "You should talk more" but rather, "You did talk, but it was fillers". Also, I mentioned that I would unlynch if he proved to have consistent activity and commenting on other posts, which he didn't do either. I couldn't see a better lynch option day 1, and nling is an option, so I decided he was the best option.

3) But having no reaction is town-like right?
Yes, I do agree that if he was mafia he would try to protect himself more. However, he was posting "just to be active" which I think is quite scummy. He didn't contribute to discussions and as I said before, he was the best lynch option. Lastly, I have seen some mafia who would not reply to comments and survive because town believed he wasn't mafia so I didn't want it to happen here. I just wanted to make sure that no mafia would take advantage by "not saving himself" and he was quite scummy personally, not contributing despite being asked.

Hopefully these clarified somethings. Feel free to asked me more questions so that we don't misunderstand each other again.
avatar
Sunreeser

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sunreeser on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:22 am

More thoughts later
avatar
Sunreeser

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Misawo M. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:28 am

read up the last two pages, i town read Azumi, her posts make her sound like a townie letting her emotions take a little too big of a grip, especially the "Its your problem if you scum read me, not mine" post.
avatar
Misawo M.

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by ajhockeystar on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:04 am

Votecount 2.2
******************************

Azumi A.(1)- Himashi G.
Dayton B.(0)-
Toby J.(0)-
Terri E.(0)-
Himashi G.(0)-
Misawo M.(0)-
Sunreeser(0)-
Rossi U.(0)-
Kimyo N.(0)-
Satoru S.(0)-
Not Voting(9)- Rossi U., Toby J., Dayton B., Azumi A., Kimyo N., Satoru S., Sunreeser, Misawo M., Terri E.
******************************
There are 10 alive so it takes 6 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Monday the 2nd at 9pm EST.

If the deadline was now, Azumi A. would be lynched.
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Toby J. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 am

I'm not convinced anyone is town right now tbh. But I don't think what himashi said about Azumi being active a lot to defend herself makes her mafia. Anyone would try to defend themselves if accused as scum. She didn't exactly say anything scummy
avatar
Toby J.

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum