Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by ajhockeystar on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Rules:
• Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc.
• Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.
• I expect you to be active. If you do not come online within a 48 hour period, you will be prodded. If you fail to post 24 hours after that, or receive 3 prods, you will be subbed out.
• Do not edit/delete posts (if you have the permissions to do so). Note that this does not apply to the moderator.
• Do not quote communications with the moderator (in particular, your role PM). Paraphrasing is okay under normal circumstances.
• Do not talk after you are dead or replaced. I do allow one contentless "Bah!" post, but you should never reveal information once you are dead.
• Do not state nor imply who you are at any point during the game. All identities will be revealed at the end of each Set, please wait until then.
• Do not try to circumvent the rules or try to exploit any loopholes.

Follow all the rules of your Game Moderator. Game Moderators will be able to punish you with point deductions and/or modkills for not following their rules at their discretion (and admin regulation), so be warned. If you believe a punishment was unreasonable, PM me and we can calmly discuss it.

Setup: Protect Wisely! (created by me!)

There are 9 Modified Doctors and 3 Mafia Goons. The doctors can protect themselves once throughout the whole game, and can protect one other person throughout the whole game.

Alive:

Dead:
Koji I., the Modified Doctor, was lynched Day 1.
Willhiema L., the Modified Doctor, was killed Night 1.
Misawo M., the Modified Doctor was lynched Day 2.
Terri E., the the Modified Doctor was killed Night 2.
Azumi A., the Mafia Goon, was lynched Day 3.
Kimyo N., the Mafia Goon, was lynched Day 4.

The game will begin once 10/12 players have confirmed their roles in this thread.


Last edited by ajhockeystar on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:03 pm; edited 6 times in total
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 894
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Dayton B. on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:55 pm

confirm hype.
avatar
Dayton B.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Satoru S. on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:00 pm

confirmo!
avatar
Satoru S.

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Terri E. on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Confirmed and ready to rumble Wink
avatar
Terri E.

Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Toby J. on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:36 am

confirmed
avatar
Toby J.

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sunreeser on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:54 am

confirmed
avatar
Sunreeser

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Koji I. on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:43 am

confirmation
avatar
Koji I.

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Willhiema L. on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:11 pm

confirming whatever the fuck this theme is....
avatar
Willhiema L.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Rossi U. on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Confirmed
avatar
Rossi U.

Posts : 76
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Willhiema L. on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:59 pm

lol, already i can see that the other game is gonna be more active than this game. Hopefully this game isnt inactive tho
avatar
Willhiema L.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Misawo M. on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 pm

confirming
avatar
Misawo M.

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Azumi A. on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:27 am

confirm
avatar
Azumi A.

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Kimyo N. on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:52 pm

On time woot, confirmed.
avatar
Kimyo N.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by ajhockeystar on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Day 1 Commence!

Votecount 1.0
******************************

Willhiema L.(0)-
Himashi G.(0)-
Misawo M.(0)-
Sunreeser(0)-
Rossi U.(0)-
Terri E.(0)-
Toby J.(0)-
Koji I.(0)-
Dayton B.(0)-
Azumi A.(0)-
Kimyo N.(0)-
Satoru S.(0)-
Not Voting(12)- Willhiema L., Himashi G., Misawo M., Sunreeser, Rossi U., Terri E., Toby J., Koji I., Dayton B., Azumi A., Kimyo N., Satoru S.
******************************
There are 12 alive so it takes 7 to hammer. Plurality applies.
Deadline is Sundat the 25th at 9pm EST.

Tip: Since there are no information roles, it is of no use to nl! (At least not now, later on it could be potentially useful.)
avatar
ajhockeystar
Admin

Posts : 894
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile http://psanon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Koji I. on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:05 pm

well let's get this started then
avatar
Koji I.

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Toby J. on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Alright, Pretty sure this will be the dead game this time
Anyway, Hello everyone.
avatar
Toby J.

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Satoru S. on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:05 pm

I agree with what you said Koji. Lynch Kogi I.
avatar
Satoru S.

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Kimyo N. on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:33 am

Toby J. wrote:Alright, Pretty sure this will be the dead game this time
Anyway, Hello everyone.
Well then, let's make it not the dead game.
avatar
Kimyo N.

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Willhiema L. on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:16 am

Kimyo N. wrote:
Toby J. wrote:Alright, Pretty sure this will be the dead game this time
Anyway, Hello everyone.
Well then, let's make it not the dead game.
I believe that this is much easier said than done. This game, despite being the very first day, is already on the wrong track in terms of inactiveness. 

I want to make a few points clear. Since this game isnt gonna be the most active, we are not gonna be lynching inactives because of logic like "inactive = useless, useless = getting lynched" coz thats just ridiculous. If you think someone needs to be lynched then you need to supply good evidence and question him. If they are inactive then its a waiting game until something happens where lynching inactives is a good idea. But that definitely isnt a good idea at the start of the game.  Now my only fear here is that mafia change their style of play to "be inactive and hope to win" but the good thing is, its obvious when mafia do it.
avatar
Willhiema L.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Willhiema L. on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:21 am

Satoru S. wrote:I agree with what you said Koji. Lynch Kogi I.
Ummm so you agree with Koji then you lynch him? Dafuq? Well i guess I see your point because he is saying to "get it started" although he isnt actually getting it started himself... In retrospect, I think what you really intended was an RL lol
avatar
Willhiema L.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Willhiema L. on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:26 am

Lynch Dayota B. (I think i spelt that right....)

Hmph, first to confirm huh.... seems like you are enthusiastic about the game. So why u no talk now?
avatar
Willhiema L.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sunreeser on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:02 am

Hello all!

Even though the game may start out a bit slow, we might increase in activity as we progressed, similar to game 12. Smile

Yes, I agree that we should not lynch inactive this game because as past experiences say, it usually does not work. I don't think we need to be afraid about the mafia doing this because during end game the line between lurking and inactive becoming more obvious and people are still being subbed this early.

For now outlooks are still unclear so I'll hold my lynch for now. Don't think we are gaining anything by rling on simple tiny things. Will check back often to check on progress tho!

(Btw Willhiema, it's dayton not dayota)
avatar
Sunreeser

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Himashi G. on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:16 am

Confirming useless role.
Willhiema L. wrote:
Kimyo N. wrote:
Toby J. wrote:Alright, Pretty sure this will be the dead game this time
Anyway, Hello everyone.
Well then, let's make it not the dead game.
I believe that this is much easier said than done. This game, despite being the very first day, is already on the wrong track in terms of inactiveness. 

I want to make a few points clear. Since this game isnt gonna be the most active, we are not gonna be lynching inactives because of logic like "inactive = useless, useless = getting lynched" coz thats just ridiculous. If you think someone needs to be lynched then you need to supply good evidence and question him. If they are inactive then its a waiting game until something happens where lynching inactives is a good idea. But that definitely isnt a good idea at the start of the game.  Now my only fear here is that mafia change their style of play to "be inactive and hope to win" but the good thing is, its obvious when mafia do it.
Then the Mafia becomes super lurky under the guise of inactive=/=scummy. While your main point is valid, it's best to allow people to believe that inactive=scummy to force them to post more. It's constructive withholding of the truth.
avatar
Himashi G.

Posts : 86
Join date : 2015-01-17
Location : At home crying in a corner with an empty Mountain Dew can and a newly developed Sunreeser complex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Willhiema L. on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Sunreeser wrote:Hello all!

Even though the game may start out a bit slow, we might increase in activity as we progressed, similar to game 12. Smile

Yes, I agree that we should not lynch inactive this game because as past experiences say, it usually does not work. I don't think we need to be afraid about the mafia doing this because during end game the line between lurking and inactive becoming more obvious and people are still being subbed this early.

For now outlooks are still unclear so I'll hold my lynch for now. Don't think we are gaining anything by rling on simple tiny things. Will check back often to check on progress tho!

(Btw Willhiema, it's dayton not dayota)

1.) Yes, while this can happen and I am hoping that to happen, I don't want to depend on stuff, I'd rather prepare for the worst case scenario that beg for activeness. The problem is how are we gonna do that.

2.) I forgot to mention that since nightkills are a thing, its gonna be harder for mafia to lurk. Also there is the Members tab which uncovers lurkers so if mafia do lurk then its serious trouble for them.

3.) RLing actually works tho..... it spurs discussion, even if its just a bit more, every little helps (#tesco)

4.) Sorry dayton :]
avatar
Willhiema L.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Willhiema L. on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Himashi G. wrote:Confirming useless role.
Willhiema L. wrote:
Kimyo N. wrote:
Toby J. wrote:Alright, Pretty sure this will be the dead game this time
Anyway, Hello everyone.
Well then, let's make it not the dead game.
I believe that this is much easier said than done. This game, despite being the very first day, is already on the wrong track in terms of inactiveness. 

I want to make a few points clear. Since this game isnt gonna be the most active, we are not gonna be lynching inactives because of logic like "inactive = useless, useless = getting lynched" coz thats just ridiculous. If you think someone needs to be lynched then you need to supply good evidence and question him. If they are inactive then its a waiting game until something happens where lynching inactives is a good idea. But that definitely isnt a good idea at the start of the game.  Now my only fear here is that mafia change their style of play to "be inactive and hope to win" but the good thing is, its obvious when mafia do it.
Then the Mafia becomes super lurky under the guise of inactive=/=scummy. While your main point is valid, it's best to allow people to believe that inactive=scummy to force them to post more. It's constructive withholding of the truth.

While this is true, lurking only hurts mafia as I explained before. But i guess that works. The reason why I am afraid of carrying the concept of inactive = scummy is because I dont want mafia to jump on an inactive and say "he is scum" which is generally what they will do.
avatar
Willhiema L.

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game 14: Protect Wisely!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum